PDA

View Full Version : Listening to Super Human Radio as of late...

TheTransformator
10-09-2009, 06:14 AM
I have been listening to Super Human Radio as of late...pretty informative...I like the No Bull Shit approach...quality stuff...

tiramisu
10-09-2009, 06:53 AM
Carl's shows are great, excepting when he goes on a 60 minute unstoppable FDA rant. Happily he does enough shows that you can kind of skip over the ones where he hops on the soapbox and bangs the drum.

Sorry Carl, we aren't all from the U.S. You've got listenership in other countries. :)

Big Barry
10-09-2009, 02:25 PM
I've listened to 'Super Human Radio' since it started, Carl should push it more...Spam RX-Muscle with it like Tattoo Timmy does, lol.

There's a ton of shit on there for bodybuilders and powerlifters...great guests too.

Dan Kennedy
10-09-2009, 02:36 PM
Yes, Carl does a great job!
Dan

Miles_Dyson
10-09-2009, 03:37 PM
I have been listening to Super Human Radio as of late...pretty informative...I like the No Bull Shit approach...quality stuff...

If you've heard some of the claims made on that show, you'd leave out the "no bullshit" part.

Interesting show, but I definitely put my bullshit filter on when listening.

Zetawill
10-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Great show and Miles since you are obviously new here, are you sure you aren't talking about the Full of Bull show produced by MD called "NO Bull Radio".

Carl has the best advice and the best show, next to his/Aaron S. other show OFF Topic.

TheTransformator
10-09-2009, 04:11 PM
If you've heard some of the claims made on that show, you'd leave out the "no bullshit" part.

I listened to a few...and those were straight forward...very informative...a good listen...

Big Barry
10-09-2009, 04:15 PM

:::::Don't see any examples listed here::::::no:

Carl is so "No-Bullshit" that sometimes it defies belief. 'Zetawill' is definately right...you either meant 'MD Radio' or your keyboard's not working.

Miles_Dyson
10-09-2009, 04:39 PM
Great show and Miles since you are obviously new here, are you sure you aren't talking about the Full of Bull show produced by MD called "NO Bull Radio".

Carl has the best advice and the best show, next to his/Aaron S. other show OFF Topic.

I'm positive I'm referring to Super Human Radio. My screen name is new, but I'm far from new to fitness/bodybuilding/etc forums on the triple W. I see many of the same screennames/content on most of the boards out there.

I don't have time @ this moment to download and extract exact audio clips, but, 2 examples I can think of so far is:

1. the swine flu episode where the guest on the show said that since viruses are the body's cleansing "soap" for when it gets too toxic, you can't get a virus from any other source other than your own body. IIRC, he used Herpes as a specific example. He said you can't get Herpes from another person EVER. He then went into stupid analogies about injecting soap and not hurting you, bears migrating, etc.

2. One of the episodes regarding food/supplement control where this woman (I think Rima Laibow) spits a conspiracy calling us "useless eaters" or some bullshit like that and that some evil conspirators want to reduce the world's population to 10% through food supply manipulation.

Basically, there are some very general statements, soundbytes, sniper shots made towards topics that are just way to impure and complex to be described by such statements. Carl defends his lack of questioning these types of statements by saying he's not an "attack host" (he's a smart salesman), but IMO, he lets that bullshit slide b/c its hard to get people interested in the sponsor's products that pay his bills. Hey, I'm not faulting Carl for that. We all need to put food on the table. I'm just pointing out what the taboo reality of the situation is.

Miles_Dyson
10-09-2009, 04:53 PM
didn't let me edit the above post so I have to add one:

oh yeah, and the woman I cited in example #2 also said the swineflu is a lab-produced virus so they can make their "weaponized vaccine".

I hate bullshit flu shots more than any, and I'm sure the drug companies are loving the $$$ rolling in from this swine bullshit, but, common w/ that ridiculous crap.

Big Barry
10-09-2009, 04:57 PM
I'm positive I'm referring to Super Human Radio. My screen name is new, but I'm far from new to fitness/bodybuilding/etc forums on the triple W. I see many of the same screennames/content on most of the boards out there.

I don't have time @ this moment to download and extract exact audio clips, but, 2 examples I can think of so far is:

1. the swine flu episode where the guest on the show said that since viruses are the body's cleansing "soap" for when it gets too toxic, you can't get a virus from any other source other than your own body. IIRC, he used Herpes as a specific example. He said you can't get Herpes from another person EVER. He then went into stupid analogies about injecting soap and not hurting you, bears migrating, etc.

2. One of the episodes regarding food/supplement control where this woman (I think Rima Laibow) spits a conspiracy calling us "useless eaters" or some bullshit like that and that some evil conspirators want to reduce the world's population to 10% through food supply manipulation.

Basically, there are some very general statements, soundbytes, sniper shots made towards topics that are just way to impure and complex to be described by such statements. Carl defends his lack of questioning these types of statements by saying he's not an "attack host" (he's a smart salesman), but IMO, he lets that bullshit slide b/c its hard to get people interested in the sponsor's products that pay his bills. Hey, I'm not faulting Carl for that. We all need to put food on the table. I'm just pointing out what the taboo reality of the situation is.

If i did '377' episodes of a show and somebody hit me with '2' examples of my 'Bullshit' i would laugh. A swallow doesn't make a summer...just like one cling-on doesn't make your ass rank.:no:

Carl gives his guests their point of view...if they make fools of themselves so-be-it, just don't invite them back. I wouldn't listen if he was all shouting, confrontational and argumentative...dudes like that don't know how to discuss shit-all.

triceptor
10-09-2009, 05:12 PM

I did a followup show to the swine flu episode because i openly said that Aajonus Vonderplanitz was off base. You will find this one to be more based in science and not hype..

:: The H1N1 Vaccine. Is It Worth The Risk? :: Guest: Dr. Meryl Nass :: Dr. Nass is a Board Member of the National Vaccine Information Center and an expert in anthrax and bioterrorism. This show will give you what you need to know to make an informed decision of whether the H1N1 vaccine is worth the risk for you personally. ::

I do believe there is a movement to reduce the population and this is the specific mission of the Population Council in NY. Look and see for yourself.

I allow the guest to deliver the message and let the audience decide what they believe and what they don't. I don't defend, deny or censer.

And I appreciate your point of view as well. But what is it I am selling in these instances? As for my sponsor they tend to do well on my show and many have annual contracts. And I have no trouble getting listeners to tune in as I don't use hype. You've picked a hand full of shows out of the more than 400 I've done in the past 4 years.

triceptor
10-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Thanks to everyone for the kind words about the show. I Have to catch a plane and will visit this thread later tonight and post more replies.

Miles_Dyson
10-09-2009, 05:33 PM
I did a followup show to the swine flu episode because i openly said that Aajonus Vonderplanitz was off base. You will find this one to be more based in science and not hype..

:: The H1N1 Vaccine. Is It Worth The Risk? :: Guest: Dr. Meryl Nass :: Dr. Nass is a Board Member of the National Vaccine Information Center and an expert in anthrax and bioterrorism. This show will give you what you need to know to make an informed decision of whether the H1N1 vaccine is worth the risk for you personally. ::

I do believe there is a movement to reduce the population and this is the specific mission of the Population Council in NY. Look and see for yourself.

I allow the guest to deliver the message and let the audience decide what they believe and what they don't. I don't defend, deny or censer.

And I appreciate your point of view as well. But what is it I am selling in these instances? As for my sponsor they tend to do well on my show and many have annual contracts. And I have no trouble getting listeners to tune in as I don't use hype. You've picked a hand full of shows out of the more than 400 I've done in the past 4 years.

I do like the show. I do listen. There is 400 episodes out there, which means @ least 400 hours of show that I don't have the time to re-listen and pull examples out of. I'm not saying the majority of what is said on the show is BS, but the few extreme outlying examples damage the image of the show and made me cautious.

andypro
10-09-2009, 11:10 PM
news and topics very informative,bodybuilding and antiaging. Andrew

tiramisu
10-09-2009, 11:14 PM
The occasional tirade and/or conspiracy show is far outweighed by the good ones. One guy trying to host and produce 5 shows a week is not going to hit a home run every show. The number of home runs that Carl hits is extremely impressive. The occassional strike out is allowed.

If you expect double sourced, peer reviewed scientific reporting I think you being a bit unreasonable.

... and No I don't think vaccines are part of the Rockefeller (or is it the Rotheschild's) foundation's conspiracy to depopulate the world.

Aaron Singerman
10-10-2009, 01:46 AM
Carl is the man, and SHR rocks... as Author L. Rea says, "Fuck the haters!"

Have fun on your "trip" Carl!

jlgiller
10-13-2009, 02:26 PM

If you do listen to Super Human Radio all the time then you would have heard Carl say that he did not believe the same way as his guest about swine flu or herpes in the following show.

He gives everyone a chance to say what they want with out being censored weither it is his belief or not. That my dear is NO BULL.

Cogrick2
10-13-2009, 06:26 PM
Does anyone when the SHR episodes will continue?

DannyG
10-14-2009, 12:54 AM
Not sure but it's crazy about the Doc on the last one I heard. I've heard a lot of the shows myself and I agree with the majority that it's a good show. The way I see it is if you don't like it or disagree with the content then listen to something else.

jlgiller
10-14-2009, 11:49 AM
You know you've made it when you have hate mail!

jlgiller
10-14-2009, 11:51 AM
Does anyone when the SHR episodes will continue?

He did a live show yesterday at 1:00 Pacific time. Should be posted soon it was a great show.

MDur8
10-14-2009, 02:07 PM
Two new shows were just posted:

Super Human Radio Show - # 379 - Dispelling The Myth That Resistance Exercise Elevates Testosterone

Super Human Radio Show - # 378 - The Gironda Mecca AND Food Bill And NAIS Updates

http://www.superhumanradio.com/rss/show_podcast.xml

Miles_Dyson
10-14-2009, 11:43 PM
If you do listen to Super Human Radio all the time then you would have heard Carl say that he did not believe the same way as his guest about swine flu or herpes in the following show.

He gives everyone a chance to say what they want with out being censored weither it is his belief or not. That my dear is NO BULL.

You can be immature and negative rep me all you want for stating my opinion, it doesn't change anything. Questionable statements were aired on the show, even if they do not reflect the opinion of the host. Maintaining the image of the show is not the responsibility of the listener.

Carl: I think you're a good radio host. The fact that the show has been on the air for as long as it has, with the large audience it has, and the wide array of guests that it has (I like how you got Rippetoe on there ;) ), is a testament to your talent. I am just stating that I listen with caution, and gave a few examples of why. That's all. Keep up your hard work.

triceptor
10-14-2009, 11:47 PM
You can be immature and negative rep me all you want for stating my opinion, it doesn't change anything. Questionable statements were aired on the show, even if they do not reflect the opinion of the host. Maintaining the image of the show is not the responsibility of the listener.

Carl: I think you're a good radio host. The fact that the show has been on the air for as long as it has, with the large audience it has, and the wide array of guests that it has (I like how you got Rippetoe on there ;) ), is a testament to your talent. I am just stating that I listen with caution, and gave a few examples of why. That's all. Keep up your hard work.

I have no beef with what you've said Miles. I appreciate honesty and it helps me be aware of areas that need attention. As a host I'm always striving to hone my skills. No harm. No foul. Thanks for listening.

jlgiller
10-14-2009, 11:58 PM

Sorry you just came off as a hater! Reps back.

Miles_Dyson
10-15-2009, 12:07 AM
Sorry you just came off as a hater! Reps back.

Its all good. To be fair, looking back, I should have elaborated my original post in this thread instead of only saying I listen w/ a filter.