PDA

View Full Version : Symmetry

BarbellBeast
10-10-2009, 06:38 PM
7 weeks out and need some suggestions on making my anterior delts more symmetrical. They have equal strength, the left just doesn't grow as well as the right. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

SlimTim
10-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Do you train them directly? What does your delt routine look like right now?

BarbellBeast
10-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Did them yesterday actually. Yesterday I tweaked it a little to help the lefty with the first exercise. Yesterdays looked like this:

1. Left Only Hammer Strength Shoulder Press
100Ibs-20reps, 120Ib-15R, 140Ib-12R, 150Ib-10R

2. Dumbell Lateral Raise
3. Standing Hammer Strength Shrug
4. Cable Internal Rotation

5. Dumbell Shoulder Press
6. Cable External Rotation

7. Dumbell Reverse Fly

Rep scheme stayed about the same for all the exercises, if you need me to type out the reps and weight for the rest then let me know. I usually end off supersetting reverse fly with front raise, but I was gassed yesterday so didn't.

becks
10-11-2009, 12:43 PM
First thins you need to address is the extra work on your lacking delt. This is a mistake most people make when trying to bring up a lacking bodypart.

Simply use uni-lateral movements and work each delt separately. Try slowing the movements down, both the eccentric and concentric portion ensuring the delt is stabilizing the weight. Sometimes you tend to bring your traps, chest, back into the movement when speeding through the movement. This is usually more prevalent in the weaker delt and can lead to the unbalance.