PDA

View Full Version : Natural Bodybuilding Radio

Pages : [1] 2

AVBG
10-11-2009, 02:29 AM
Click here to listen : http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/ (http://www.naturalbodybuildingradio.com)

Natural Olympia Preview 2009

Building up to the 2009 INBF Natural Olympia contest in Gold Coast Australia, hosts John Hansen and Mike Neumann speak with two strong competitors, Kiyoshi Moody and Thomas Anderson. Find out what these two champions are thinking and doing to prep, just before the competition.

Then, John and Mike spend some quality time analyzing the competition and strategies that may push somebody over the top!

TheTransformator
10-11-2009, 02:31 AM
Super...great initiative...

John Hansen
10-11-2009, 12:16 PM
Thanks for making the show a sticky guys!
Here is the show that is online now plus, you can listen to all the previously aired shows on the website too.

Thanks again!

John Hansen
www.naturalbodybuildingradio.com

Wendell Floyd; Stacy Kvernmo and Nicole Moneer »
By John Hansen on Oct 4, 2009 in Featured, Personalities in Bodybuilding, Spotlight on Champions · 0 Comments
A very special show featuring Wendell Floyd, newly crowned 2009 NPC Team Universe Overall winner! Following Wendell, fitness and figure competitors Nicole Moneer and Stacy Kvernmo join hosts John Hansen and Mike Neumann to talk about the Muscle Mania and Fitness America show they’re promoting in Chicagoland, Oct 10th.

Kiyoshi Moody
10-11-2009, 01:45 PM
Hey John, Wanted to say thank you very much for the opportunity to be on the radio with you guys!!! I listen to every epsiode!!!! In my opinion and probably many other members and listeners would love to hear from Jeff Rodriguez, he has a bright young future and is going to do very well in this sport.

MsGuns
10-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Thx John and Alex...
Now I can hear about all my Natty friends...

John Hansen
10-11-2009, 04:35 PM
Hey John, Wanted to say thank you very much for the opportunity to be on the radio with you guys!!! I listen to every epsiode!!!! In my opinion and probably many other members and listeners would love to hear from Jeff Rodriguez, he has a bright young future and is going to do very well in this sport.

You're welcome Kiyoshi, it was great having you on the show. Best of luck this weekend in Australia! We talked to Thomas Anderson right after we finished talking with you and he's really excited about competing too. We look forward to hearing about the show next week!

AVBG
10-11-2009, 04:38 PM
I liked the Wendell Floyd interview.. Very forthright and honest about his status.. He complies with what is required..I like hearing that rather than people who put up smokescreens then get caught out.

John, when is the Kiyoshi episode going to be posted on Itunes (I don't listen whilst on the computer and not into RSS type feeds).

John Hansen
10-11-2009, 05:40 PM
The Kiyoshi interview will be up Wednesday. We put new shows up every week on Wednesday and all the previously aired show are on the website.

AVBG
10-11-2009, 05:47 PM
Hey John, how bout getting Troy Johnson on the show?

AVBG
10-12-2009, 01:27 AM
I just finished listening to the Dave Goodin interview, I liked hearing his view of competing with the WNBF and NPC - However, I do think that you didn't really get the full value of the question re: the differences between the competitors..Despite that, good work.

Mick
10-12-2009, 07:19 AM
Great interviews! Dont think i have had one i have not enjoyed yet.. Good Sticky!

John Hansen
10-12-2009, 01:27 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. We've had some good interviews in the past with Dave Goodin, Jerry Brainum from IronMan Magazine (very well informed), Dr. Joe, Chris Bell, director of "Bigger, Stronger, Faster", Robert Kennedy from Muscle Mag International. We're going to be asking some harder questions to some of the natural bodybuilders who some people suspect of using drugs to attain their look. I think it will make for a better show.

AVBG
10-12-2009, 03:29 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. We've had some good interviews in the past with Dave Goodin, Jerry Brainum from IronMan Magazine (very well informed), Dr. Joe, Chris Bell, director of "Bigger, Stronger, Faster", Robert Kennedy from Muscle Mag International. We're going to be asking some harder questions to some of the natural bodybuilders who some people suspect of using drugs to attain their look. I think it will make for a better show.

Good call John. Just because it's natural bodybuilding it doesn't mean being any less hardcore especially with the questioning...;)

John Hansen
10-14-2009, 12:44 PM
The interview with Kiyoshi Moody and Thomas Anderson is up live today!
http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/featured/natural-olympia-preview-2009-with-kiyoshi-moody-thomas-anderson

AVBG
10-14-2009, 03:59 PM
I just got done with listening the Kiyoshi interview- honest interview.

John Hansen
10-21-2009, 12:57 AM
We have a brand new show available right now on Natural Bodybuilding Radio.com. The interview this week is with Fred Rowlett and David Yeates, the president and promoter for the NANBF organization. Check it out and let me know what you think!
http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/featured/the-nanbf-with-fred-rowlett-and-dave-yeate

John

AVBG
10-21-2009, 01:13 AM
I've caught up with all previous episodes (available on Itunes).. It's a staple now. How bout some shout outs?

fatbackgoal
10-21-2009, 06:40 AM
John I just started listening when I caught this thread and have to say I really enjoy the show. Keep up the good work.

John Hansen
10-21-2009, 11:35 AM
John I just started listening when I caught this thread and have to say I really enjoy the show. Keep up the good work.

Thanks, I appreciate that. Let me know if there are any guests you guys would like to have on the show.

MsGuns
11-01-2009, 12:46 PM
Natties, when you get a chance, Please Vote for the 2009 Rx Muscle Male and Female Forum Member of the Year! Thx for your time.

John Hansen
11-04-2009, 01:33 AM
Check out this week's show on Natural Bodybuilding Radio. We have a great interview with Jerry Brainum from IronMan Magazine about Nutrition and Supplementation.

http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/featured/natural-anabolics-and-more-with-jerry-brainum

devo09
11-04-2009, 04:42 PM
Check out this week's show on Natural Bodybuilding Radio. We have a great interview with Jerry Brainum from IronMan Magazine about Nutrition and Supplementation.

http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/featured/natural-anabolics-and-more-with-jerry-brainum
wow that guy is damn smart! awesome episode

What do some of your upcoming shows look like? Maybe get Lyle Mcdonald on there? And maybe Tommy Jeffers?

John Hansen
11-04-2009, 09:58 PM
We are always open for new ideas for guests for the show. As we said at the opening of this week's show, there are 3 big contests for Natural Bodybuilders next weekend, November 14:

The INBA Natural Mr. Universe in California
The WNBF World Championships in New York
The OCB Yorton Cup in Washington DC

I would like to interview the winners and top placers from all those shows. I think these are 3 of the top Natural Bodybuilding organizations and we would like to have the top champions on the show to be interviewed.

MsGuns
11-04-2009, 10:46 PM
We are always open for new ideas for guests for the show. As we said at the opening of this week's show, there are 3 big contests for Natural Bodybuilders next weekend, November 14:

I would like to interview the winners and top placers from all those shows. I think these are 3 of the top Natural Bodybuilding organizations and we would like to have the top champions on the show to be interviewed.

OCB/IFPA show is going to ROCK!
great idea...

fatbackgoal
11-06-2009, 06:02 PM
Just wanted to say what a great show it was with Jerry Brainum. That guy had lots of useful information.

AVBG
11-07-2009, 03:18 AM
Just wanted to say what a great show it was with Jerry Brainum. That guy had lots of useful information.

totally agree. Jerry made for a top notch guest.

Kiyoshi Moody
11-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Hey John I contacted mike about a week ago to see if he wanted the lineup and where i could or denny send it to you guys but havent heard back yet!!!

G-Roy
11-14-2009, 09:39 PM
I couldnt stand Jerry Brainum, had I not seen the picture of his obese self I probably wouldnt have cared.

John Hansen
11-18-2009, 10:52 PM
We have a new interview up today on Natural Bodybuilding Radio. Our guest this week is the "Giant Killer" Shaun Clarida. Check it out here:
http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/featured/wnbf-pro-champion-shaun-the-giant-killer-clarida

v1hyp
12-20-2009, 02:29 PM
Nice thread guys keep it up!

John Hansen
02-25-2010, 03:44 PM
Hey Everyone, I haven't posted on here in awhile but we have a good new show up with Layne Norton and Ron Harris where they talk about the state of Natural Bodybuilding today and it's future.

Coming Wednesday, February 25th, two of the best known personalities in natural bodybuilding Layne Norton and Ron Harris will join hosts John Hansen and Mike Neumann to discuss the state of the sport and more.

Besides being highly accomplished trainers, both guys are well-known on the internet as authors and columnists for some of the favorite bodybuilding websites.

NATURAL-1987
02-25-2010, 11:43 PM
awesome, I really enjoyed the episode last week with Andy Bostinto(not sure if I spelled it right). Guy knows everyone it seemed like.
Listening to Layne talk, well. He's the future of the sport in many ways.

fastmuney
02-28-2010, 11:26 PM
great show

Jason Newman
04-11-2010, 12:29 AM
any new shows going u[p?

Author L. Rea
04-14-2010, 01:02 PM
Hey Everyone, I haven't posted on here in awhile but we have a good new show up with Layne Norton and Ron Harris where they talk about the state of Natural Bodybuilding today and it's future.

Coming Wednesday, February 25th, two of the best known personalities in natural bodybuilding Layne Norton and Ron Harris will join hosts John Hansen and Mike Neumann to discuss the state of the sport and more.

Besides being highly accomplished trainers, both guys are well-known on the internet as authors and columnists for some of the favorite bodybuilding websites.

I have known Layne for sometime and can say he is not only one of the brightest researchers i've yet to meet but an excellent athlete (look at the arms on this guy and watch his posing!), writer and still maintains his manners and humility. He is a good representitive of anything he is involved in and very honest.

AVBG
04-14-2010, 06:50 PM
^ good post ALR.

Mike or John.. What's up with the show? Do you guys want contributors for ideas?

Ironman19871
04-15-2010, 09:14 PM
^ good post ALR.

Mike or John.. What's up with the show? Do you guys want contributors for ideas?

Agreed!

When's the next show going to be posted? Was the last show just so stupendous that you can not top it for a while?

Bring Tommy back for a Part 2. Soon.

John Hansen
04-16-2010, 09:44 PM
Sorry guys, I apologize for no shows lately. I am always looking for new ideas for guests. Believe it or not, many of the people we approach say they are interested and then they don't answer their phones when we call them to do the interview. It's unbelievable!

If you can think of some good guests you would like us to interview, please pass them along. My home email address is [email protected].

We will have a new show up next Wed (April 21st). We will have all the winners from the ABA Natural Illinois contest that I promoted last weekend. We had a great group of winners so it should be a very good show.

Thanks again for your input!!

John Hansen
04-21-2010, 02:21 AM
New show is up on Natural Bodybuilding Radio today. We have three of the Champs from the 2010 ABA Natural Illinois Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Championships.

Here is link: http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/spotlight-on-champions/2010-aba-natural-illinois-winners-part-1

AVBG
04-21-2010, 02:24 AM
fantastic, look forward to hearing it.

AVBG
04-21-2010, 02:25 AM
Have you had Jeff Rodriguez as a guest, John?

sflynn23
04-21-2010, 09:57 AM
i would love to hear what jeff has to say

stugots_
04-21-2010, 10:00 AM
Have you had Jeff Rodriguez as a guest, John?

Yeah if you haven't had him on before get him on! I haven't heard him since the old MD days.

John Hansen
04-25-2010, 10:02 PM
Good suggestion, we'll reach out to Jeff and get him on the show.

Curt James
04-25-2010, 10:15 PM
Great thread! :bowdown:

Superhuman
04-26-2010, 11:57 PM
Tryin to get ahold of Jeff now ... what questions would you like to hear ?

AVBG
04-27-2010, 01:24 AM
Tryin to get ahold of Jeff now ... what questions would you like to hear ?

Good to see you here Mike!

Ask Jeff, living in Cal why does he stay natural? Moral? Legal?

Has he used in the past? Has he been tempted?

Would he hit the gear if he won the TU?

Does he follow Pro bodybuilding? Which pro physique does he admire?

Has he trained with any IFBB pros?

Why doesnt he do the Natural circuit ie Nat O/ Natural U?

Ask questions that require a bit of "balls".. Is he truly nat or just "clean"?

What does he think it will take to make Nat bb a higher profile "sport"?

When will he call it a day? What is his ultimate goal in this silly "sport"?

(let me know if you need more?) ;)

stugots_
04-27-2010, 04:18 AM
^^Great questions AVBG

AVBG
04-27-2010, 04:26 AM
How bout Warren Clampit on again?

AVBG
04-27-2010, 04:29 AM
Or Aussie Tim Martin, looking to make waves in the US via NGA

Superhuman
04-27-2010, 03:26 PM
thanks, alotta good bbers on these forums. I spend alot of time on MD forums but see myself over here more ... good questions. Just gotta hold of Jeff now its just a matter of coordinating his scedule with Johns but itll be done soon.

AVBG
04-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Fantastic Mike.. You're welcome here mate. You guys got to think global when seeking guests for the show, natural bodybuilding outside nth America has a lot of credibility

NATURAL-1987
04-27-2010, 11:47 PM
Great job Alex on the questions. No messing around, I like it!

AVBG
04-28-2010, 12:01 AM
Mike, John.. Whilst you're at it get Natural-1987 on your show.. Bobby was on the cusp of gaining his pro card a few weeks ago and was only marginally beaten.. This is the shit we need to hear about.. something that's also going to relate to your target demographic.

MsGuns
04-28-2010, 12:18 AM
Get some females on there...we have a story too...smile

AVBG
04-28-2010, 05:18 AM
Get some females on there...we have a story too...smile

They have had Female physique competitors on before D. You should go on?

John Hansen
04-28-2010, 12:49 PM
We have a new show up today, it's part two of our interviews with the winners from the Natural Illinois competition held April 10th in Chicago. We have the Figure Open winner, Maggie Pawalek and the Men's Open Overall Winner Pierce Walker. Here is the link:
http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/spotlight-on-champions/aba-natural-illinois-championships-part-2

NATURAL-1987
04-28-2010, 11:44 PM
Mike, John.. Whilst you're at it get Natural-1987 on your show.. Bobby was on the cusp of gaining his pro card a few weeks ago and was only marginally beaten.. This is the shit we need to hear about.. something that's also going to relate to your target demographic.

Thanks Alex, I have nothing but respect for you and you know how passionate I am about the sport of natural bodybuilding...Its my reason to get my butt out of bed everyday, go train, do cardio, cook my food, go tanning, pack my food go to work for 8 hrs, come home, check e-mail, go to bed and do it all over again the next day. I also know a few unbelievable natural bodybuilders here in canada who would love the opportunity to share their knowledge. I have been listening to the show since its first episode when John was on by himself with no guest just so we could get to know him. I would download episodes onto mp3 player when I was on midnights and it would be the best 1 hour/week of work.... Can't hold back knowledge. It needs to be spread to help the sport grow and honestly I have been dreaming of being recognized enough in this industry to be on natural bodybuilding radio one day...

John Hansen
04-29-2010, 10:28 PM
Thanks Alex, I have nothing but respect for you and you know how passionate I am about the sport of natural bodybuilding...Its my reason to get my butt out of bed everyday, go train, do cardio, cook my food, go tanning, pack my food go to work for 8 hrs, come home, check e-mail, go to bed and do it all over again the next day. I also know a few unbelievable natural bodybuilders here in canada who would love the opportunity to share their knowledge. I have been listening to the show since its first episode when John was on by himself with no guest just so we could get to know him. I would download episodes onto mp3 player when I was on midnights and it would be the best 1 hour/week of work.... Can't hold back knowledge. It needs to be spread to help the sport grow and honestly I have been dreaming of being recognized enough in this industry to be on natural bodybuilding radio one day...

That's great! Thanks for listening to the show and I'm glad you like it so much. Send me some names of the natural bodybuilders you are thinking of in Canada and we can have them on as well as yourself. You are right, it's great to spread the knowledge of training and nutrition to the people who listen to the show. That's the whole goal of the show since we started it. Thanks again!

AVBG
04-30-2010, 12:39 AM
That's great! Thanks for listening to the show and I'm glad you like it so much. Send me some names of the natural bodybuilders you are thinking of in Canada and we can have them on as well as yourself. You are right, it's great to spread the knowledge of training and nutrition to the people who listen to the show. That's the whole goal of the show since we started it. Thanks again!

That's the way John.. you guys made the right decision visiting this board.:yep:

John Hansen
05-05-2010, 01:58 AM
OK, you guys demanded it and we have Jeff Rodriquez on this week on Natural Bodybuilding Radio:
http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/

sflynn23
05-05-2010, 09:51 AM
awesome! can wait for my lunch break :)

Superhuman
05-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Listen to the Jeff Rodriguez interview on http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/ (http://www.naturalbodybuildingradio.com)

Would you reconsider your natural status if you won an IFBB pro card at the Team U ?

Do you think some guys at the Team U are slipping through the cracks and passing tests while actually using chemical enhancers ?

How would you feel if someone that placed ahead of you failed a drug test ?

What do you consider natural ?

Listen to Jeffs answers on this weeks show ...

AVBG
05-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Listen to the Jeff Rodriguez interview on http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/ (http://www.naturalbodybuildingradio.com)

Would you reconsider your natural status if you won an IFBB pro card at the Team U ?

Do you think some guys at the Team U are slipping through the cracks and passing tests while actually using chemical enhancers ?

How would you feel if someone that placed ahead of you failed a drug test ?

What do you consider natural ?

Listen to Jeffs answers on this weeks show ...

That's the way Mike. No softball questions! The real natural bodybuilder doesn't shy away from those types of questions.

John Hansen
05-05-2010, 10:15 PM
We've got Brian Whitacre from the WNBF on next week.

AVBG
05-05-2010, 10:30 PM
I just finished listening to Jeff's interview. Great work guys, the line of questioning was commendable.. Keep at it and keep us here involved, the round table sounds like a great idea. We got some of the best naturals in the world here at RX muscle and don't limit yourselves to nth americans. Your show has potential to be huge all you got to do is tap in to what's out there.

John Hansen
05-05-2010, 11:57 PM
Thanks AVBG! Glad you guys are enjoying the show.

Just saw the thread "Best and worst interviewers in bodybuilding media" on this site and someone doesn't like us:

best and wors interviewers in bodybuilding media? - RX Muscle Forums

worst = the guys from natural bodybuilding radio / best = Dave & Valentino

AVBG
05-06-2010, 12:19 AM

Just saw the thread "Best and worst interviewers in bodybuilding media" on this site and someone doesn't like us:

best and wors interviewers in bodybuilding media? - RX Muscle Forums (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?t=34449)

Lol.. That my friend I would take as a positive.. A TRUE slight is if you weren't mentioned at all. ;)

NATURAL-1987
05-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Great interview with Jeff. Really down to earth and honest.

rockhard
05-06-2010, 03:11 PM

best and wors interviewers in bodybuilding media? - RX Muscle Forums (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?t=34449)

I like it....straight to the point with no BS. Keep up the good work. Another show with Dave Goodin would be great, lot to talk about since last appearance.

Shoe
05-06-2010, 03:25 PM
Great interview. How about Karen Miller? She holds a list of WNBF titles and is a huge promoter of natural bodybuilding.

Tim Martin
05-07-2010, 09:42 PM
I listened to part of the broadcast and thought it was funny how one of the hosts initially described the Team Universe as being known as not really natural but then later as the top natural contest. Make up your mind...

AVBG
05-07-2010, 09:58 PM
I listened to part of the broadcast and thought it was funny how one of the hosts initially described the Team Universe as being known as not really natural but then later as the top natural contest. Make up your mind...

Tim, without hijacking the thread (too much) tell us straight what you think happens? Do you believe the great number of contestants are drug free or just clean? Can you honestly answer if you're amongst the grey area of competitors that have beaten the test? Do you acknowledge that for the most part particularly in the heavier classes the competitors are not comparable to upper echelon of say the INBA? (I do believe that guys who pass the tests whilst building their physiques with pharmacueticals are not exclusive to the NPC).

Will the cloud of doubt always be over the TU?

AVBG
05-07-2010, 10:09 PM
For the record and this is NOT directed to any one individual ..I believe anyone who competes in what is supposed to be a natural org/sanction should expect to be put under scruiteny and challenged to back their shit up, regardless of who they are. If they are concerned about their feelings being hurt or being exposed for a illegality. Well too fucking bad.

turkish1530
05-07-2010, 10:11 PM
^^^^ Some intense questions AVGB.... but i like it!! Curious for Tim's response

John Hansen
05-07-2010, 10:19 PM
I'm not sure which one of us said that Tim but I think what we were referring to was that some bodybuilders who have competed in the Team Universe (including Kiyoshi when we interviewed him on the show) said the the TU was a "drug-tested" contest and not a "natural" contest. However, it is still considered one of the top drug-tested contests in the country. There was a time when it was THE top natural or drug-tested contest in the U.S. However, with the advent of so many new natural organizations and the natural professional federations that grew from these organizations, many natural bodybuilders are no longer competing in the Team Universe and are instead competing as professionals in one of the other natural organizations. The reason we brought it up is because this is what many competitors are saying about the TU.

John Hansen
05-07-2010, 10:32 PM
^^^^ Some intense questions AVGB.... but i like it!! Curious for Tim's response

One of the reasons I brought Mike on the show as my co-host is because he loves to ask the hard questions to the competitors that we bring on to be interviewed. If you read the bodybuilding forums, every time a top natural bodybuilder is mentioned, there are numerous posts from people doubting if they are really natural or if they use pro hormones or if they are somehow just beating the test, etc, etc. Mike usually asks these bodybuilders straight out if they are just beating the test or if they use pro hormones or what they are doing.

I think it's our job as interviewers to ask these questions. The show would be pretty boring if all we asked them about was their training and diet (although we do ask that too). We are not trying to just have a controversial show but, at the same time, we have to ask everyone these questions. Like AVGB said, these top competitors should be expected to explain how they reached this level of development.

I know when I was competing back in the day and busting my ass all year long with both my training and my diet, I would have been more than happy to explain EXACTLY what I did to look the way I looked. In 1996, I competed at 208 pounds at the Natural Mr. Universe contest. I was 4 pounds heavier than when I competed a year earlier. In order to add those four pounds, I spent a full year eating 5000 calories a day, 600 grams of carbs a day, squatting super heavy (at one point doing 10 sets of squats each leg workout for an 8 week period) and I was bulked up to 243 pounds in the off season. When I began my diet, I dieted for a full 20 weeks and came into the show at 208 pounds.

If I had been a guest on this radio show back then, I would have explained IN DETAIL every stage of my training, my diet, my supplements, my cardio, etc, etc, etc. because I was proud of what I accomplished. If I see a natural bodybuilder displaying an incredible physique with striated glutes and freaky hardness, I want to ask him what he did to look like that and, if he's truly natural, he should be able to tell me EXACTLY what he did and be very proud of how he got that way.

AVBG
05-07-2010, 10:41 PM
So many people believe they have been fucked over by trophy hunters. I have no issue with people using AT ALL but these natural orgs/sanctions were created to give an outlet for people who are concerned about legal and potential health ramifications so they can enjoy what it's like to compete. To have someone deny them of their due is immoral. People who have nothing to hide welcome the scruitiny because they are proud of what they present without exogenous pharma aid.

Superhuman
05-07-2010, 11:24 PM
I think it was me that said that. I was prolly speaking before I was thinking which I do alot of and if I think about it first I realize the Team U is a drug tested show. Im not sure what the difference is between drug tested vs natural. To me drug tested just means all you gotta do is pass a test and youre in. Natural means your supposed to follow the guidelines of your organization but again just pass a test and youre in. maybe its understood that there are a different set of rules between the Team U and natural shows. It will always be argued as to whether some guys are just slippin through the cracks so its best to just compete against yourself. If youre chemically enhanced and compete in a natural show then all you did was beat out a bunch of natural guys which you should be able to with that advantage.

Tim Martin
05-08-2010, 07:45 AM
My perspective is based upon my own personal experiences in bodybuilding. To me natural bodybuilding means living that way because it's who you are at the core, not because you want to pass a drug test. Do I believe most TU competitors are natural? Yes, but unfortunately there have been some cheaters in the past who put everyone under a cloud of scrutiny. To anyone who competes and is proud that they have remained natural despite all of the pressures to give in, imagine your feelings when you finally achieved one of your lifelong dreams and subsequently you constantly get bombarded on the internet with accusations of cheating and lying. I always told myself that if I was ever lucky enough to win the TU I would put myself out there as someone who has remained natural for life so that younger bodybuilders could see that it really was possible to do it the right way. Unfortunately, no matter how many drug tests passed (and never failed in about 35 shows) people just will believe what they want to believe.

http://protimmartin.com/Contest_History.html

As for the other organizations - been there, done that, with the exception of IFPA. I've competed in ANBC, NGA, Musclemania, INBF, WNBF, NPC, and IFBB. Look at the Team Universe and you'll find many champions from other natural organizations testing themselves in this show. Guys like Dave Goodin, Philip Ricardo, Marlon Hospedales, Kiyoshi Moody, and on and on.

I have listened to a few of your podcasts and one thing that bothered me was when competitors were asked, "should you win your pro card would you stay natural in the IFBB?". I guess I'm different than most (maybe because I'm 42 now and my visions of being Mr. Olympia have long passed), but for me competing in the IFBB makes me want to remain natural more than ever. I have no illusions of winning shows or qualifying for the "O", but if I can stay true to my values and legitimately compete with anyone in the world I believe that says as much as anything.

AVBG
05-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Well answered Tim.

John Hansen
05-11-2010, 11:01 PM
This week, we have an interview with Brian Whitacre, WNBF Lightweight Champion!

http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/spotlight-on-champions/brian-whitacre-champion-bodybuilder-phd-and-more

Costco77
05-12-2010, 01:45 AM

I actually listen to all of your shows, i'm a big bodybuilding fan. I just think that the interviews could be a little better...they don't seem to go very smooth.

Actually I sould change my answer to the worst = MuscularDevelopment Polish guy.

MsGuns
05-12-2010, 02:19 AM
Great answers Natural O, Superhuman and Tim.
I am proud to be a natty and I luv how I look and feel.

John Hansen
05-12-2010, 10:05 AM
I actually listen to all of your shows, i'm a big bodybuilding fan. I just think that the interviews could be a little better...they don't seem to go very smooth.

Actually I sould change my answer to the worst = MuscularDevelopment Polish guy.

We are always working on improving that Costco and I appreciate you listening to the show. When Mike came on at first, sometimes we would talk over one another but I think that is improving. We do all the interviews over the phone and we are all in different locations so sometimes it's inevitable that we talk over one another. I think the last two interviews with Jeff and Brian went very well and we asked some good questions as well as getting some good nutrition and training information. Thanks for your input!

rockhard
05-12-2010, 06:48 PM
Great show with Brian Whitacre, the guy is an incredible champion and humble beyond belief. Thanks and keep up the good work!

John Hansen
05-12-2010, 10:13 PM
Thanks Rockhard! Yes, Brian is very humble and very dedicated. Imagine dieting 26 weeks for a contest! When I asked him to give us his strong points, he only wanted to talk about his weak points.

MiamiMadePunk
05-12-2010, 10:34 PM
Hey John, I love your radio show, but one question, When are going to interview Michael Lockett, after 2007, he disappeared, us nattys need to get some answers from this guy and explain to us why he is not competing anymore.

MiamiMadePunk
05-12-2010, 10:44 PM
Also, I'm listening to your show right now and your right, the team universe needs to change. IMO, the team universe is just another musclemania since musclemania's criteria is one year drug free. I don't know why the npc just go natural already, after all it is an amatear organization.

John Hansen
05-14-2010, 10:21 AM
Also, I'm listening to your show right now and your right, the team universe needs to change. IMO, the team universe is just another musclemania since musclemania's criteria is one year drug free. I don't know why the npc just go natural already, after all it is an amatear organization.

The Team Universe was created to send a drug-free USA team to the World Championships because Ben Weider started testing the World Championships in 1986. Ben's dream was to get bodybuilding into the Olympics and the World Championships was bodybuilding's closest contest to the Olympics (an international amateur competition). At first, the NPC was doing a separate competition after the prejudging of the NPC Nationals to pick a team of competitors to go to the World Championships. These competitors knew that they would have to be clean in case they were tested at the World Championships. After a few of the athletes failed the test, the NPC started creating a separate contest called the Team Universe. They basically want the athletes to be able to pass the test in case they are tested. The NPC will never go all natural because the money is in the freaky physiques. They tried testing back in 1990 and the audience definitely didn't like it. The audience and the fans want the freaky physiques so they are giving them what they want.

AVBG
05-15-2010, 04:28 PM
I really liked the Brian Whittaker interview.. I also believe that Brian is naive if he thinks his ALL competitors are clean let alone natural.

Props to you Mike and John!

Lunaris
05-15-2010, 06:46 PM
I really liked the Brian Whittaker interview.. I also believe that Brian is naive if he thinks his ALL competitors are clean let alone natural.

Props to you Mike and John!

Definitely a great listen. Brian is a top notch bodybuilder. I remember my first time at the WNBF Worlds and Brian was shredded to the bone it was insane.

I also believe he is obligated to say certain things if he wants to stay in the WNBF. He can't go around accusing other competitors of not being clean. It's sort of a team mentality they have and if you're not with the team you're against it.

xmanpaul
05-17-2010, 11:29 PM
Great point Lunaris.....if someone says something that is controversial...they could possibly get "black-balled" by there organization.

AVBG
05-17-2010, 11:39 PM
Great point Lunaris.....if someone says something that is controversial...they could possibly get "black-balled" by there organization.

Unless someone fails the test then there's no need to go into naming names.

J Franco
05-18-2010, 08:54 AM
Big fan of Brian here. Never met him, but I know he works hard and has taken his genetics to the max. Awesome.

I will have to take a listen to the show.
Thanks

John Hansen
05-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Check out our new show this week with Fitness Entrepreneur and Natural Bodybuilder Clark Bartram.

http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/spotlight-on-champions/fitness-entrepreneur-and-champion-clark-bartra

AVBG
05-20-2010, 12:45 AM
Check out our new show this week with Fitness Entrepreneur and Natural Bodybuilder Clark Bartram.

http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/spotlight-on-champions/fitness-entrepreneur-and-champion-clark-bartra

I listened to the show this morning, Clark gave good honest insight into the world of fitness modelling.. A lot of people looking to get into that market should listen for a good 40 minute tutorial. Good work guys - you're building some good momentum.

John Hansen
05-21-2010, 09:24 AM
We have a really good show on next week with Nancy Andrews, 4 Time World Champion from the WNBF who is now a promoter with that organization. We talked about the trends and judging of natural bodybuilding and also the different organizations. It was a very good discussion.

Shoe
05-21-2010, 09:56 AM
We have a really good show on next week with Nancy Andrews, 4 Time World Champion from the WNBF who is now a promoter with that organization. We talked about the trends and judging of natural bodybuilding and also the different organizations. It was a very good discussion.

Looking foreward to this one. I met Nancy a while back at her bodybuilding camp. I am doing Nancy's show comming up on the 5th. Nancy does alot for the sport.

fltallpaul
05-21-2010, 02:45 PM
Awesome shows lately, I have really enjoyed them all. Clark was great, I remember seeing him in magazines every month and now I know why. I also watched his short film Batman: Dead End, very cool. I hope he gets more work in film.

rockhard
05-24-2010, 05:19 AM
Paul Revelia would be a great guest........

John Hansen
05-27-2010, 01:53 AM
New show is up today! This week, we interview Nancy Andrews, 4x Natural World Champion Women Bodybuilder from the WNBF and currently a promoter for the WNBF. Very insightful interview from someone who is both a promoter and competitor.

http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/spotlight-on-champions/coming-may-26th-wnbf-pro-nancy-andrews

John Hansen
06-02-2010, 01:09 PM
Brand new show up today everyone!
This week, we welcome Carolyn Sandi, WNBF Pro Figure competitor.
Mike and I also discuss what is going on in the world of Natural Bodybuilding.

http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/spotlight-on-champions/carolyn-sandi-top-natural-wnbf-figure-pro

Leigh Carmichael
06-06-2010, 07:21 AM
Been Listening to the show since day one. I even go back over old shows and listen again.

I really like the way the show has grown and the way it is run now. Good questions are being asked and the guests aren't dodging them.

John and Mike are doing a killer job to promote Natural Bodybuilding through the show and I hope it will continue to grow.

Leigh Carmichael
06-06-2010, 07:23 AM
Also it may be worth trying to get Mister Moody back on the show.

He has posted this on an Aussie forum:

I will not be competing in the NPC Team Universe in 2010 possibly ever again. After coming back from Australia I was very well received in Aussie and to what direction I should go. That is to compete in only the Natural Organizations. Which Ones? IFPA as a Pro, INBA/PNBA as a pro, Musclemania as a Pro and possibly the NGA as a Pro. My first show will possibly be in 3 weeks. My shows are all lined up for the year just waiting for the approval of my sponsor GENr8. So stay tuned for which ones I will be competing in.

Would be great to hear what he has to say about it all.

rockhard
06-07-2010, 09:08 AM
Been Listening to the show since day one. I even go back over old shows and listen again.

I really like the way the show has grown and the way it is run now. Good questions are being asked and the guests aren't dodging them.

John and Mike are doing a killer job to promote Natural Bodybuilding through the show and I hope it will continue to grow.
Very well said!!!!

John Hansen
06-08-2010, 05:18 PM
Thank you very much guys! I appreciate you listening and your support. I just got the stats back from my producer Paul today and the show is now being listened to all over the world including the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, Germany, Italy, New Zealand, France, Japan and the Netherlands.

We have a really good show coming up tomorrow. It's a round-table discussion of who is the Best Natural Pro Bodybuilder in the World today. With all the different organizations, it's hard to figure out who is the best so that's what our debate will be about tomorrow. Let me know how you guys like it. It will be up online tomorrow morning!

John Hansen
06-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Also it may be worth trying to get Mister Moody back on the show.

He has posted this on an Aussie forum:

Would be great to hear what he has to say about it all.

Yes, we mention Kiyoshi's schedule tomorrow on the show and we will definitely have both him and Philip Ricardo on the show again soon.

AVBG
06-09-2010, 12:41 AM
Thank you very much guys! I appreciate you listening and your support. I just got the stats back from my producer Paul today and the show is now being listened to all over the world including the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, Germany, Italy, New Zealand, France, Japan and the Netherlands.

We have a really good show coming up tomorrow. It's a round-table discussion of who is the Best Natural Pro Bodybuilder in the World today. With all the different organizations, it's hard to figure out who is the best so that's what our debate will be about tomorrow. Let me know how you guys like it. It will be up online tomorrow morning!

I was going to ask you if you have noticed a positive change in the stats.. I am looking forward to each show..

How 'bout a shout out to the listeners from RX muscle?

Leigh Carmichael
06-09-2010, 01:32 AM

Beautiful I look forward to it.

Yes, we mention Kiyoshi's schedule tomorrow on the show and we will definitely have both him and Philip Ricardo on the show again soon.

Great stuff John, very interested to hear what he has to say.

When he is on the show next, please ask him about his trips to Australia. Us Aussie love him :hmn:

John Hansen
06-09-2010, 12:11 PM
We have our new show up right now!
Who is the Best Natural Bodybuilder in the World today?

http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/featured/who-is-the-best-bodybuilder-today

Kiyoshi Moody
06-09-2010, 01:46 PM
We have our new show up right now!
Who is the Best Natural Bodybuilder in the World today?

http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/featured/who-is-the-best-bodybuilder-today

Great show John and Mike. But I would have to add which I know a lot of people havent seen some of these guys down in the land of OZ. Warren Clampit, Mike Waddington and my up and comer Nathan Wallace. This kid is thick and brings the conditiong. Wait and see.

John Hansen
06-09-2010, 03:01 PM
Great show John and Mike. But I would have to add which I know a lot of people havent seen some of these guys down in the land of OZ. Warren Clampit, Mike Waddington and my up and comer Nathan Wallace. This kid is thick and brings the conditiong. Wait and see.

Thanks Kiyoshi. Yes, I think our panel of experts are not aware of some of the international competitors on the scene. I have seen Warren Clampit compete and I know he is very good. I'm not aware of the other two but hopefully I will see them onstage this year at the Natural Olympia.

fltallpaul
06-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Great show. I like that Kyoshi is going to compete in several organizations this year. Hopefully you do the NGA Universe in Nov as I attend that every year, i plan on competing in it next year as well as a few other shows. I think your going to bring more exposure to the sport with your plan.

Leigh Carmichael
06-09-2010, 07:46 PM

Very true there are some great guys coming out of OZ.

At the moment Waz is at the top of the list.

AVBG
06-10-2010, 04:34 PM
My top five, in no particular order..

Warren Clampit
Kiyoshi Moody
Philip Ricardo
Jim Cordova
Doug Miller

John Hansen
06-16-2010, 12:47 PM
New show up today!

Today we talk about Health and Nutrition with Rick Schaff, a top photographer in the bodybuilding and fitness world and now a Nutrition Consultant and then we talk to Dr. Janet Angel about the importance of enzymes in the diet.

http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/featured/health-nutrition-and-enzymes-with-writer-photographer-rick-schaff-and-janet-angel-phd

Mick
06-17-2010, 07:31 AM

My good mate Nathan W at the Natty O last year..

Makes me wonder why i even bother hehe

John Hansen
06-17-2010, 10:40 AM
I'm talking to Warren Clampit now and trying to get him and a few other of the top natural Australian bodybuilders on the show. BTW, I did give a shout out to the guys over here at RX Muscle on this week's show. :yep:

AVBG
06-17-2010, 02:46 PM
I'm talking to Warren Clampit now and trying to get him and a few other of the top natural Australian bodybuilders on the show. BTW, I did give a shout out to the guys over here at RX Muscle on this week's show. :yep:

excellent..I am listening to it now!

metallideth
06-19-2010, 05:56 PM
i've never really understood the difference between "natural shows" like wnbf or inba shows and "drug tested shows" like npc or musclemania. it seems to me like in both shows the athletes are tested and if you pass the test you're good to go. can someone elaborate on how they're both different?

John Hansen
06-20-2010, 10:18 AM
i've never really understood the difference between "natural shows" like wnbf or inba shows and "drug tested shows" like npc or musclemania. it seems to me like in both shows the athletes are tested and if you pass the test you're good to go. can someone elaborate on how they're both different?

Well, technically, they aren't any different. They are both Natural shows in that they are drug-tested. I guess the difference is that the Team Universe only tests for one year drug-free and they really just want their competitors to be able to pass the test in order to compete in the IFBB World Championships whereas the other Natural federations like the WNBF or INBA competitions are natural federations and all of their competitions are strictly drug-tested and they require all their athletes to be drug-free, usually for a longer period of time (7 years). Many bodybuilders feel that you just have to pass the test at shows like the Team U and the other federations require you to be truly drug-free but, you're right, there really is no difference technically.

Leigh Carmichael
06-20-2010, 06:12 PM
Nice shout out John.

I must say both of your guest Rick and Janet were great this week. I even like it how the show went a little longer than usual.

Rick is a great role model for me as far as his photogrpahy and his thoughts on health and nutrition.

Also I think I'm going to need some enzymes :-)

rockhard
06-20-2010, 06:54 PM
As it's been explained to me: At a "drug tested" show, as long as you are clean for that contest, you are good. At a "natural" show, you must have been clean for whatever time period the federation specifies, usually 3-7 years or in some cases lifetime.With the "drug tested" protocol, which is used at the World's, it is obvious that the top competitors are not natural in some cases but are able to pass the drug test. We have sent many of our great athletes(D. Goodin, C. Faldo, J. Raymond, etc)who dominated in the U.S. to the World's and they have a hard time cracking the top 10. Makes you wonder......

metallideth
06-21-2010, 01:14 PM
As it's been explained to me: At a "drug tested" show, as long as you are clean for that contest, you are good. At a "natural" show, you must have been clean for whatever time period the federation specifies, usually 3-7 years or in some cases lifetime.With the "drug tested" protocol, which is used at the World's, it is obvious that the top competitors are not natural in some cases but are able to pass the drug test. We have sent many of our great athletes(D. Goodin, C. Faldo, J. Raymond, etc)who dominated in the U.S. to the World's and they have a hard time cracking the top 10. Makes you wonder......

i see. thanks.

Well, technically, they aren't any different. They are both Natural shows in that they are drug-tested. I guess the difference is that the Team Universe only tests for one year drug-free and they really just want their competitors to be able to pass the test in order to compete in the IFBB World Championships whereas the other Natural federations like the WNBF or INBA competitions are natural federations and all of their competitions are strictly drug-tested and they require all their athletes to be drug-free, usually for a longer period of time (7 years). Many bodybuilders feel that you just have to pass the test at shows like the Team U and the other federations require you to be truly drug-free but, you're right, there really is no difference technically.

thanks john and great radio show. i loved the interviews with brian whitacre and jerry brainum.

fatbackgoal
06-21-2010, 03:04 PM
I have just been getting caught up with the podcast and have to tell you the roundtable was very good. The show offers something different and you are doing some really good work. For future shows could you discuss off-season and contest prep for someone who may be doing their first show?

AVBG
06-21-2010, 03:07 PM
Last weeks show was particularly good.. You guys have definately turned a corner with the shows quality.. It was good to see rx muscle get some on air recognition - if you guys embrace us we'll intern embrace the show.

rockhard
06-21-2010, 07:06 PM
Last weeks show was particularly good.. You guys have definately turned a corner with the shows quality.. It was good to see rx muscle get some on air recognition - if you guys embrace us we'll intern embrace the show.
Well said....both RX and Natural Bodybuilding Radio can help each other reach out and support natural bodybuilding.

John Hansen
06-21-2010, 09:29 PM
i see. thanks.

thanks john and great radio show. i loved the interviews with brian whitacre and jerry brainum.

Thank you very much and thanks for listening!

John Hansen
06-21-2010, 09:31 PM
I have just been getting caught up with the podcast and have to tell you the roundtable was very good. The show offers something different and you are doing some really good work. For future shows could you discuss off-season and contest prep for someone who may be doing their first show?

Thanks a lot, I liked that show a lot too. I thought it went well and everyone gave some good opinions on who the best pros are. We also didn't talk over each other so that was a plus. ;)
I appreciate the input and I'm glad you think the shows are improving because that is our goal with the show. That's a good idea about the off season and contest prep. I did a show giving my opinion on how teenage bodybuilders could get big naturally over a year ago so maybe we'll do another show like that again soon.

John Hansen
06-21-2010, 09:35 PM

Thanks AVBG, you are one of the most consistent listeners to the show so hearing that from you is great. I also think the show is improving and we are going to continue in that direction. Our numbers for the show are much improved so that is very gratifying to see. We are working on the interview with some of Australia's top natural bodybuilders now so we are listening to your input and we'll keep giving you guys props on the show! :beerbang:

AVBG
06-22-2010, 09:39 PM
Thanks AVBG, you are one of the most consistent listeners to the show so hearing that from you is great. I also think the show is improving and we are going to continue in that direction. Our numbers for the show are much improved so that is very gratifying to see. We are working on the interview with some of Australia's top natural bodybuilders now so we are listening to your input and we'll keep giving you guys props on the show! :beerbang:

Good to hear John, I really like listening to the show as does buddies of mine (Leigh Carmichael), when we catch up we often discuss the direction of your show. We're lucky as in Australia we have an amazing (natural) bodybuilding community.

One person I'd like to hear from is Tim Martin

http://www.timmartinonline.com/

John Hansen
06-23-2010, 12:05 AM
I was judging the Natural Olympia two years ago when Tim won the amateur overall. See if he would be interested in coming on the show and we will get him on with Warren.

John Hansen
06-23-2010, 01:03 PM
New show up today! Our guests this week are Bob Bell and Tina Smith, Natural Bodybuilding Promoters for the IFPA and Chide Ekebere, a new pro who has 2 pro wins already this year.

http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/spotlight-on-champions/promoters-bob-bell-and-tina-smith-introducing-new-champion-chidi-ekebere

Superhuman
06-25-2010, 12:39 AM
This show is one of our best. Bob Bell and Tina Smith have been in the bodybuilding circle for years as competitors and promoters and they give some excellent behind the scenes info on why they left the WNBF to promote IFPA shows. Listen to this one ...

AVBG
06-25-2010, 12:40 AM
Hey Superhuman Newman! Downloading now!

Wh1teruss1an
06-25-2010, 02:07 AM
Great show!

Superhuman
06-25-2010, 12:22 PM
Thanks for listening. Let us know who youd like to see on. Were workin on Warren Clampit, Tim Smith and a couple others from Austrailia. Im thinkin Haley Mcneff would be good since shes got the Team U comin up. Shes the 21 year old phenomn. Check out her youtube vids...

John Hansen
07-02-2010, 12:47 AM
Hey Guys and Gals,
New show up today! An interview with Chris San Juan, a Natural bodybuilder who just won the lightweight class at the Jr. Nationals a couple weeks ago and is getting ready for the Team Universe next weekend. Also, some new contest results featuring wins by Ben Tennessen, now competing in the IFPA and Greg Rando winning in the WNBF.

www.naturalbodybuildingradio.com (http://www.naturalbodybuildingradio.com)

This Is War
07-02-2010, 08:18 AM
Thanks for listening. Let us know who youd like to see on. Were workin on Warren Clampit, Tim Smith and a couple others from Austrailia. Im thinkin Haley Mcneff would be good since shes got the Team U comin up. Shes the 21 year old phenomn. Check out her youtube vids...

If you need help getting in contact with Warren let me know!

John Hansen
07-02-2010, 12:54 PM
If you need help getting in contact with Warren let me know!

I've been talking with him on Facebook. We just have coordinate our schedules.

AVBG
07-02-2010, 03:55 PM
This show is on my weekly must listen.. Major 180 degree turn around since it's inception

This Is War
07-02-2010, 09:19 PM
I've been talking with him on Facebook. We just have coordinate our schedules.

No problem! :)

John Hansen
07-02-2010, 09:35 PM
This show is on my weekly must listen.. Major 180 degree turn around since it's inception

Thanks AVBG, your input means a lot because I know you've been listening since the beginning. I am very critical myself but I also like the direction the show is going. I think it is much more in tune with the Natural Bodybuilding world now and the whole competition scene is getting more exciting and I think NBBR is the voice for that. Thanks again for listening and any input you want to throw our way (good or bad) would be appreciated.

Fredhdastar
07-06-2010, 11:34 AM
Please list the supps John from bestpricenutrition recommended, i have a hard time remembering all the names he spoke about

John Hansen
07-07-2010, 12:17 AM
Please list the supps John from bestpricenutrition recommended, i have a hard time remembering all the names he spoke about

Here's the link again. Don't forget to take advantage of the sale from Best Price Nutrition! It only goes on until July 15 so get those deals while you can!! Just use the codes listed on this link.

http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/spotlight-on-champions/the-lowdown-on-supplements-with-john-of-best-price-nutrition-and-new-champ-christopher-san-juan

fltallpaul
07-07-2010, 02:34 PM
After listening to the show regarding digestive enzymes I purchased some and wow what a difference. All my digestive issues have ceased after a few days....

I am hoping this leads to more gains...thanks again!

AVBG
07-07-2010, 03:43 PM
After listening to the show regarding digestive enzymes I purchased some and wow what a difference. All my digestive issues have ceased after a few days....

This is what I like about the show and in particular natural bb.. Digestive enzymes have been around forever but with shows like this because drug aren't a focus it gives opportunities fir this info to come back out there.

John Hansen
07-07-2010, 06:20 PM
We have Autumn Edwards, newly crowned IFBB pro and winner of the Jr. Nationals in the Fitness division on the show today along with Rich Fitter from the WNBF who discusses the new Mass Round and how it is impacting the judging of the competitions this year.

http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/spotlight-on-champions/rich-fitter-and-autumn-edwards-rising-star-in-the-npc

John Hansen
07-10-2010, 11:11 AM

That's great Paul, glad it helped!

John Hansen
07-11-2010, 01:05 PM
I just did an interview with Performance Network!

http://performance-network.ning.com/forum/topics/natural-mr-olympia-john-hansen?groupUrl=interviews&

FloridaMuscle
07-12-2010, 09:31 AM
I just did an interview with Performance Network!

http://performance-network.ning.com/forum/topics/natural-mr-olympia-john-hansen?groupUrl=interviews&

Hi John,

I just want to say that you're doing a fantastic job with the show and a great job promoting natural body building.

Raphael

This Is War
07-13-2010, 05:25 AM
I hear that Warren Clampitt's imterview was recorded today. When will it air? :)

AVBG
07-13-2010, 07:19 AM
I hear that Warren Clampitt's imterview was recorded today. When will it air? :)

It's top secret mate.. unless you and 10 of your mates, who don't post on RX start subscribing to and listening to the next 20 episodes of Natural bodybuilding radio..then I will fill you in.

John Hansen
07-13-2010, 10:29 AM
Hi John,

I just want to say that you're doing a fantastic job with the show and a great job promoting natural body building.

Raphael

Thanks Raphael, I appreciate it!

John Hansen
07-13-2010, 10:29 AM
It's top secret mate.. unless you and 10 of your mates, who don't post on RX start subscribing to and listening to the next 20 episodes of Natural bodybuilding radio..then I will fill you in.

Ha Ha, good answer AVBG!

hulkish808
07-13-2010, 11:47 AM
I'd like to hear Troy Johnson or Chris Faildo on the show, two guys that I look up to. BTW, I've been listening to the shows, as far back as last year through my prep I just got through...very interesting topics, keep up the great work!!

AVBG
07-13-2010, 02:46 PM
Ha Ha, good answer AVBG!

We gotta do what we gotta do John.

ving
07-14-2010, 10:06 PM
Really enjoyed the last show guys! Always interesting to hear from Aussie champs - Warren Clampit was great as always, and it was good to hear from Justin and Nathan as well.

Maybe something similar could be done with guys from other countries?

Some really good British naturals are around - Ian Duckett (YouTube- Ian Ducket) Andrew Merrifield (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/gluhareff22.htm) would be some great interviews. While Jon Harris has been on before, it might be good to catch up with him again. Especially if he is going to comback and compete in the WNBF world championships again.

p.s. sorry about the youtube link - still trying to figure out how to embed videos!

AVBG
07-14-2010, 10:40 PM
Really enjoyed the last show guys! Always interesting to hear from Aussie champs - Warren Clampit was great as always, and it was good to hear from Justin and Nathan as well.

Maybe something similar could be done with guys from other countries?

Some really good British naturals are around - Ian Duckett (YouTube- Ian Ducket (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDDT7jj92j8&feature=player_embedded)) Andrew Merrifield (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/gluhareff22.htm) would be some great interviews. While Jon Harris has been on before, it might be good to catch up with him again. Especially if he is going to comback and compete in the WNBF world championships again.

p.s. sorry about the youtube link - still trying to figure out how to embed videos!

I am sure Mike and John wouldn't be adverse to convering overseas (UK) nattys.. Tell em who you want to hear from (that's why this thread is handy)

John Hansen
07-15-2010, 10:48 AM
We have a new show up today - We are interviewing three of Australia's top Natural Bodybuilders. Warren Clampit, one of the best Natural Pro Bodybuilders in the world, Justin Figara, a class winner at the Natural Olympia last year and Nathan Walker, the winner of the Junior division at last year's Natural Olympia.

http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/spotlight-on-champions/australias-natural-champions

This Is War
07-16-2010, 05:52 AM
We have a new show up today - We are interviewing three of Australia's top Natural Bodybuilders. Warren Clampit, one of the best Natural Pro Bodybuilders in the world, Justin Figara, a class winner at the Natural Olympia last year and Nathan Walker, the winner of the Junior division at last year's Natural Olympia.

http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/spotlight-on-champions/australias-natural-champions

Cool! I will have to listen to it shortly!

This Is War
07-16-2010, 10:06 AM
Listened to the show.

The interview was good.

Being a natural competitor myself and a massive fan of bodybuilding talk radioI loved all the things that were discussed but I could never listen to this show regularly if you spend all the time at the start of the show going through every class winner at every loval show across america! LOL

AVBG
07-16-2010, 02:50 PM
That was a real good interview with the Aussies and real solid interviewing technique by you guys too, giving it a good flow and avoiding answers being doubled up.

AVBG
07-16-2010, 02:53 PM
Improving and streamlining comp previews is something you may look into by just previewing the higher profile show from each of the different federations.

metallideth
07-16-2010, 07:28 PM

awesome interview john. do you think american natural bodybuilding organizations will start using blood testing instead of urinalysis in the near future? i know it's more expensive but it could nail potential cheaters.

This Is War
07-17-2010, 01:16 AM
Improving and streamlining comp previews is something you may look into by just previewing the higher profile show from each of the different federations.

That's what i'm getting at....

I loved the interview but the entire first half of the show was painful.

AVBG
07-17-2010, 01:20 AM
That's what i'm getting at....

I loved the interview but the entire first half of the show was painful.

I know what you mean mate. It's good that the hosts are aware of it, might prompt a rethink to handling that segment for effectively.

ving
07-17-2010, 10:19 AM
x 2 - I understand that they want to give the many natural bodybuilders their due, but some streamlining would be a good idea. Similar to a week or two ago when they had the lady who actually attended the show report back, maybe they should try that more often (I agree, though, very hard to oragnise)

Leigh Carmichael
07-18-2010, 03:46 AM
Great job getting some Aussie beef on the show.

Warren for one has to be considered one of the best natty's world wide.

He even cleans up in non tested shows down here in Aus.

Again John and Mike come through with the good.

Also would just like the second the request for some UK guys on the show. Natural bodybuilding is very big over there with many great competitors. Not quite as good as the Australians though ;-)

John Hansen
07-19-2010, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the input guys and I have to agree with you. As much as we want to give props to the winners of the natural shows, it's too much information and, like you said, it's too boring. I liked how we talked about the subject of if these shows are really natural. I thought that was a good discussion and Mike and I may use the opening more often to talk about hot topics in the Natural Bodybuilding world. We will refine that more though, we are still a work in progress and always hoping to improve. Thanks again for your input guys!!

This Is War
07-21-2010, 06:39 AM
Thanks for the input guys and I have to agree with you. As much as we want to give props to the winners of the natural shows, it's too much information and, like you said, it's too boring. I liked how we talked about the subject of if these shows are really natural. I thought that was a good discussion and Mike and I may use the opening more often to talk about hot topics in the Natural Bodybuilding world. We will refine that more though, we are still a work in progress and always hoping to improve. Thanks again for your input guys!!

Good on you for being open to what the listens have to say!

John Hansen
07-22-2010, 10:15 AM
We have a new up on Natural Bodybuilding Radio today. We talk to the promoters of last weekend's Pro USA competition and then we talk to Philip Ricardo who beat out Kiyoshi Moody and Cleveland Thomas. For the second half of the show, we talk to Nicole Weeks, runner-up in the Yorton Cup last year in the Figure division.

John Hansen
07-22-2010, 10:15 AM
Here's the link: http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/spotlight-on-champions/philip-ricardo-and-nicole-weeks

Superhuman
07-22-2010, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys ! We always wanna know what we can do to improve and I agree it can be boring listening to the results of a local show in which not many know of the competitors. We try to ask questions that would peak the interest of the nattie BBing community. Check out the just posted Philip Ricardo and Nicole Weeks interview ... good inside info they give

AVBG
07-30-2010, 02:28 PM
Great job with the Rico episode. The Nancy interview was great, good questions fellas!

John Hansen
08-04-2010, 09:36 AM
New show up today guys!
Mike and I review the WNBF Natural Mid-America Classic that took place last weekend in Evansville, Indiana and preview the upcoming Natural North America that is taking place this weekend.

Our interview of the week is with Cleveland Thomas, one of the top pros in the NGA and he recently took 3rd behind Philip Ricardo and Kiyoshi Moody in the IFPA Pro USA in California.

http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/spotlight-on-champions/cleveland-thomas-ifpa-nga-pro-champion

AVBG
08-04-2010, 03:16 PM
Downloading now

Doug
08-09-2010, 03:29 PM
Two people who would make great interviews:

Matt Shepley - Head of the OCB

James Carron - IFPA pro (his wife is too) and arguably the best promoter out there. His show in Cape Cod every fall is fantastic.

J Franco
08-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Two people who would make great interviews:

Matt Shepley - Head of the OCB

James Carron - IFPA pro (his wife is too) and arguably the best promoter out there. His show in Cape Cod every fall is fantastic.

I second that.

John Hansen
08-10-2010, 11:36 AM
We had our best show ever last Saturday, the 2010 ABA Natural North America Championships. It was the 7th show I have promoted (I started promoting shows in 2007) and it was our best in terms of quality, competitors and attendance. There were FOUR standing ovations during the night. I don't remember ever seeing that at a contest before. We had a Physically Challenged competitor who was in a terrible car accident 10 years ago and suffered brain damage. He didn't do anything for the first two years and then he joined a gym and got a trainer. Now, he can walk and even lift weights. He did his routine in a wheelchair because his father and trainer were afraid he was going to fall when he did his routine. It was very inspiring and when he got his trophy, the audience gave him a standing ovation.

Later, in the Masters Men division, 69 year old Murrell Hall showed the most amazing physique. Murrell has the body of someone 30 years younger with tight skin, good muscle mass and amazing abs. When he finished his routine, the audience stood up and gave him a standing ovation.

Our guest poser was Philip Ricardo, in my opinion the best Natural Bodybuilder in the world today. Philip is a 20 year U.S. Marine Corp veteran and he performed an incredible posing routine the culminated with the song from "Rocky 4", the same posing routine that Lee Haney used when he won the Mr. Olympia. At the end of his routine, the audience roared it's approval and gave him a standing ovation.

After the intermission, I gave out our first Natural Bodybuilding Lifetime Achievement Award. I presented it to Murrell Hall for his dedication to the sport of Natural Bodybuilding over his lifetime. I didn't know Murrell would be competing when I decided to give him this award but it worked out great. I put together a short movie featuring old pictures of Murrell, from his childhood to his time in the Army, to his early competitions days to the present day, and we played it before giving him the award. Of course, he did not know about the award and he was moved to tears when he watched it. He came to the stage and accepted the award and gave a great speech to the audience. He was given the 4th Standing Ovation of the night.

What a great show! My goal when I began promoting competitions was to provide a very entertaining and enjoyable experience for the audience and give a great venue for the Natural Bodybuilders and Figure and Fitness competitors to compete in. I spent a small fortune this year on some really great trophies to reward the competitors for all their hard work. Thanks to all of you who attended and were a part of it!!

Costco77
08-17-2010, 01:08 AM
John, you should get Martin Daniels on Natural Bodybuilding Radio

John Hansen
08-17-2010, 01:39 AM
Good idea, I appreciate the suggestions for the guests guys! I will try to contact all of them.

AVBG
08-17-2010, 01:47 AM
Cleveland Thomas' interview was great, he wasn't going to let Moody and Ricardo think they were better than he was.

John Hansen
08-18-2010, 05:32 PM
New show up today! We talk to the Masters Champions from the 2010 ABA Natural North America. Wait until you see 69 year old Murrell Hall, what an inspiration!!

http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/spotlight-on-champions/coming-wed-aug-18th-master-champions-of-the-2010-aba-natural-north-america-championships

John Hansen
08-20-2010, 05:00 PM
Some more pics of Murrell Hall, 69 year old bodybuilder!

fitcorps
08-23-2010, 09:24 PM
Murrell is the man. I've competed against him 2 or 3 times. Class act and he's always in shape. Really enjoyed talking with him backstage and in the pump room as well. He was a PE teacher, as I am now so we had a lot to talk about!

rcp1936
08-24-2010, 12:58 PM
Murrell is the man. I've competed against him 2 or 3 times. Class act and he's always in shape. Really enjoyed talking with him backstage and in the pump room as well. He was a PE teacher, as I am now so we had a lot to talk about!
Any stats as to his height and weight

John Hansen
08-27-2010, 10:04 PM
Any stats as to his height and weight

Murrell is about 5'8" and 170 pounds onstage, 175 pounds off season.

John Hansen
08-27-2010, 10:15 PM
We have a new show up this week!

http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/spotlight-on-champions/young-champions-of-the-2010-aba-natural-north-america

Bodybuilding Radio, hosts John Hansen and Mike Neumann welcome the new young champions from the 2010 ABA Natural North America. First, they talk to 19 year old Wali Khan, Teenage Natural North America Champ, and 20 year old Mohsin Khan, Novice Men Overall winner, about their training and nutrition programs to look so good at such a young age. Then, the beautiful Maria Annunziata joins John and Mike for details on her contest prep to win the Figure Overall at the Natural North America.

Finally, Bikini Diva and Sports Model champ Alaina Ravens explains how she was able to pull off a double victory in her contest debut at the young age of only 20 years old.
Today's show is part-2 of commentary and visits with Champions of the 2010 ABA North America. Last week's show featured Masters Larry Montgomery, Sam Langston and Murrell Hall.

John Hansen
09-02-2010, 09:16 AM
We have an interview with Martin Daniels, WNBF World Heavyweight Champion, this week on Natural Bodybuilding Radio.

http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/spotlight-on-champions/wnbf-world-heavyweight-champ-martin-daniels

Superhuman
09-07-2010, 11:40 AM
Interesting interview with Martin. I like how he responded to the Giant Killer Shaun Clarida bein able to take him down at the Worlds

The Giant Killer
09-08-2010, 11:33 AM
Interesting interview with Martin. I like how he responded to the Giant Killer Shaun Clarida bein able to take him down at the Worlds

Agreed. Martin gave a great interview and he and I recently spoke and we look forward to going head to head again this year and def. giving the crowd some entertainment. There's no bad blood between either of us. We just love to make fun of each other from time to time, lol.

GK

John Hansen
09-16-2010, 04:47 PM
New show this week with Layne Norton, who is making is Pro Natural Debut this weekend at the IFPA Pro International show in Kansas City.

http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/spotlight-on-champions/layne-norton-then-promoters-fred-and-jan-rowlett

stl1387
09-20-2010, 03:46 AM
What was up with the backgrounds noise during the last interview?

John Hansen
09-20-2010, 11:13 PM
What was up with the backgrounds noise during the last interview?

It was terrible and I apologize for that. I'm not sure where it came from but I told our producer to listen for it again in all future shows and, if it happens again, we will re-tape the show instead of having it play like that again.

BTW, make sure you guys listen on this Wednesday. We are talking to Mike Arnold, a "chemical enhancement advice coach" who advises competitors who use AAS and other drugs to get ready for a show. Mike says that he often works with guys who compete in natural contests and he tells us how they use the drugs and beat the tests. It's a pretty controversial and eye-opening interview, to say the least!

rockhard
09-21-2010, 06:05 PM
Good work John!! Any chance of getting Layne back on to break down the details of his prep (diet, cardio, training, final week protocol, etc.)???

John Hansen
09-22-2010, 07:15 AM
Good work John!! Any chance of getting Layne back on to break down the details of his prep (diet, cardio, training, final week protocol, etc.)???

Definitely! We'll have Layne on again after his competitions are over so he can talk in more detail about his contest prep.

Leigh Carmichael
09-22-2010, 05:57 PM
Just caught up on the last few shows. Love your work guys.

Downloading the latest now to listen to on the way to the gym.

I like it how you don't shy away from the controversy associated with natural bodybuilding. I look forward to hearing what Mike Arnold has to say about drugs in our sport.

http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/nutrition-science/mike-arnold-chemical-enhancement-coach

John Hansen
09-22-2010, 07:53 PM
Thanks Leigh, I appreciate it.

No, we are definitely NOT going to back away from any controversy regarding drug testing and who is clean and who isn't. I've actually
refused to have certain bodybuilders on the show because I personally
don't believe they are clean. I think this was one of our best shows yet
and Mike Arnold shed some light on some areas of the sport that no one
wants to talk about but it's obvious what's going on. I am looking forward
to hearing the feedback from you guys on this show!

http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/nutrition-science/mike-arnold-chemical-enhancement-coach

J Franco
09-24-2010, 11:47 AM
When are you guys going to have Matt Shepley on?

Shoe
09-24-2010, 06:14 PM
Mike Arnold was interesting. It sucks that people cheat in natty shows especially when there are other shows out there. I love the controversy in the shows!!

Leigh Carmichael
09-26-2010, 07:31 PM
I am looking forward
to hearing the feedback from you guys on this show!

I really enjoyed the show, it's a real eye opener to some of the behind the scenes stuff.

I used to live in the US and what I can say is that the over the counter "pro hormone" type drugs are way more prevalent there than they are here in Australia. Our laws in Aus are very strict so many products never see our shelves.

In natural bodybuilding people will always question why someone would use illegal substances to to win a natural show.

Mike makes a very valid point. It is not the trophy it self but having the title and being able to promote oneself as a natural champion that has the potential to generate a great deal of revenue for and athlete. This could be in the form of sponsorship, personal training clients or writing contracts.

With the growth of natural bodybuilding being at the top of the game can be very rewarding. Sure you have to have very few moral fibres in your body but for some that is of no concern.

Unfortunately this issue will always be a factor but it's great to see federations really pushing to clean it up.

I was photographing the INBA Sydney Champs yesterday and the WADA officials were there testing athletes, the same testing that is used for the Olympic games. Here in Aus the INBA is doing a great job and they are catching people out all the time. Other feds test but we don't here of failures.

Again great show guys.

AVBG
09-26-2010, 07:36 PM
I really enjoyed the show, it's a real eye opener to some of the behind the scenes stuff.

I used to live in the US and what I can say is that the over the counter "pro hormone" type drugs are way more prevalent there than they are here in Australia. Our laws in Aus are very strict so many products never see our shelves.

In natural bodybuilding people will always question why someone would use illegal substances to to win a natural show.

Mike makes a very valid point. It is not the trophy it self but having the title and being able to promote oneself as a natural champion that has the potential to generate a great deal of revenue for and athlete. This could be in the form of sponsorship, personal training clients or writing contracts.

With the growth of natural bodybuilding being at the top of the game can be very rewarding. Sure you have to have very few moral fibres in your body but for some that is of no concern.

Unfortunately this issue will always be a factor but it's great to see federations really pushing to clean it up.

I was photographing the INBA Sydney Champs yesterday and the WADA officials were there testing athletes, the same testing that is used for the Olympic games. Here in Aus the INBA is doing a great job and they are catching people out all the time. Other feds test but we don't here of failures.

Again great show guys.

good post

John Hansen
09-29-2010, 10:26 PM
New show today with upcoming top Natural Bodybuilder Valentine Ezugha!

http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/spotlight-on-champions/ifpa-pro-natural-champion-valentine-ezugha

Ironman19871
10-04-2010, 12:18 PM
I think you should get this guy on the radio show! (Ryan on the left)

Tommy Jeffers is on the right, he has been on the radio show before, but NEEDS to come back after his string of shows.

Ryan Lippelt (aka Ryan1981 on RX) is Tommy Jeffers's training parter. He just won the lightweight class at the 2010 NPC Natural Northern USA this past weekend. He beat out a very good NGA Pro, Kyle Harris this weekend for the top spot. Tommy took the overall.

I would like to hear what Ryan has to say. He is a smart guy (B.S from Purdue University), extremely knowledgable in diet/training/supps and a great speaker.

(John, If you need any help contacting him, let me know)

Cheak out the pics from this weekend.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs200.ash2/46320_151788858190340_100000776798234_220954_63414 17_n.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=116086&id=100000776798234)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs265.snc4/39604_151788241523735_100000776798234_220942_16657 81_n.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=220943&id=100000776798234)

John Hansen
10-04-2010, 06:43 PM
I think you should get this guy on the radio show! (Ryan on the left)

Tommy Jeffers is on the right, he has been on the radio show before, but NEEDS to come back after his string of shows.

Ryan Lippelt (aka Ryan1981 on RX) is Tommy Jeffers's training parter. He just won the lightweight class at the 2010 NPC Natural Northern USA this past weekend. He beat out a very good NGA Pro, Kyle Harris this weekend for the top spot. Tommy took the overall.

I would like to hear what Ryan has to say. He is a smart guy (B.S from Purdue University), extremely knowledgable in diet/training/supps and a great speaker.

(John, If you need any help contacting him, let me know)

Cheak out the pics from this weekend.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs200.ash2/46320_151788858190340_100000776798234_220954_63414 17_n.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=116086&id=100000776798234)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs265.snc4/39604_151788241523735_100000776798234_220942_16657 81_n.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=220943&id=100000776798234)

That's Tommy Jeffers on the right? Wow, I didn't even recognize him!
Yes, let's get them on the show this week. See if they are available tomorrow night around 7pm Central Time and we'll tape them for the show on Wed. Jim Cordova was supposed to be on but I guess he doesn't answer his emails. ;)

Thanks!!

John

John Hansen
10-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Our new show this week features the winners of the NPC Natural Northern USA - Tommy Jeffers, the light heavyweight and overall winner and Ryan Lippelt, the lightweight winner.

http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/spotlight-on-champions/coming-wed-oct-6-ryan-lippelt-and-tommy-jeffers-npc-champs

J Franco
10-06-2010, 04:47 PM
Stated before only because I am not sure why you havent got Matt Shepley on.

Sure I am an OCB/IFPA homer, but one of the biggiest Pro Natty shows is coming up and would love to hear him.

John Hansen
10-07-2010, 04:41 PM
Stated before only because I am not sure why you havent got Matt Shepley on.

Sure I am an OCB/IFPA homer, but one of the biggiest Pro Natty shows is coming up and would love to hear him.

I tried contacting him before and never heard anything back. If you have contact info for him, send it over and I'll try again. I would love to have him on the show.

Philip Ricardo
10-08-2010, 12:26 PM
I tried contacting him before and never heard anything back. If you have contact info for him, send it over and I'll try again. I would love to have him on the show.

Great Show with Tommy Jeffers and Ryan, but I have to agree that Matt Shepley is a must for the show! He is one of the great Promoters and Historian of Natural Bodybuilding and his vision is the reason the IFPA has gotten to where it is today!

John Hansen
10-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Great Show with Tommy Jeffers and Ryan, but I have to agree that Matt Shepley is a must for the show! He is one of the great Promoters and Historian of Natural Bodybuilding and his vision is the reason the IFPA has gotten to where it is today!

Tell him we would love to talk to him Rico. I would love to have him on the show but I have no contact info for him.

AVBG
10-08-2010, 06:25 PM
great show John. Some really good well thought out questions

John Hansen
10-08-2010, 07:26 PM
great show John. Some really good well thought out questions

Thanks AVBG! Always interested in what you and everyone else thinks of the show. I do listen to your feedback so please let me know what you think of the shows and who you would like to hear interviewed.

We have Erin Stern, the new Figure Olympia champ, coming on soon. She is all natural and a big believer in Natural Bodybuilding. We will also be interviewing Jim Cordova who is coming back to the World Championships this year.

The Solution
10-08-2010, 07:46 PM

100% agree, Tommy is a class act, and Ryan is a great guy as well. Great overall show, tons of awesome detail, and everyone can learn a thing or two when Tommy talks.

Great job with NBB Radio, keep it up.

J Franco
10-08-2010, 07:57 PM
Tell him we would love to talk to him Rico. I would love to have him on the show but I have no contact info for him.

http://www.thenaturalmusclenetwork.com/OCB/contact.htm

John Hansen
10-11-2010, 09:42 PM
OK, we just did a great interview with Matt Shepley. Thanks for your contact help guys. The new show will be up on Wednesday.

John Hansen
10-14-2010, 06:40 PM
We have an interview with Matt Shepley, owner of the OCB and IFPA, this week on Natural Bodybuilding Radio.

http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/sanctioning-bodies/matt-shepley-president-of-ocb-and-co-chairman-of-the-ifpa

AVBG
10-14-2010, 06:56 PM
We have an interview with Matt Shepley, owner of the OCB and IFPA, this week on Natural Bodybuilding Radio.

http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/sanctioning-bodies/matt-shepley-president-of-ocb-and-co-chairman-of-the-ifpa

downloading now

AVBG
10-15-2010, 02:52 PM
That was an informative interview with Matt. He did mention 1983 as a year that natural bodybuilding started taking form. Maybe you guys should do a show featuring some of the forefathers of natural bodybuilding? Even take it a step further and interview guys like Bill Pearl who claimed not to have used any gear in the golden years of bodybuilding?

Matt Shepley
10-15-2010, 03:07 PM
Natural Bodybuilding got its official start in 1978 with the first drug tested show held in Las Vegas March 4-5 by Chet Yorton under the NBA flag (Natural Bodybuidler's Association) he started the year before, held one show under, but that was not tested. A guy named Jack Hack Chet was in contact with informed Chet of the method they could test a show, and it rolled on from there. Jack O'Bleness started the ABCC in CA in 1979 but testing at those shows didn't start until 1982. Tom Ciola started the NBBA (names for all these abbreviations can be found on the link I'll post at the end) in New York in 1981 abnd had the first polygraph tested show. The CBA popped up in MO in 1980. NBA, NBBA and CBA didn't last long. All were gone by 1983, which shortly after is when federations like the ANBC (started by Paul Jacobson) and NANBA (started by Jim Evans) started taking off. Those grew to have much farther reach and lasted much longer (ANBC until 2004, NANBA still going today as NANBF though). More natural shows in more geographical areas starting after 1983 is when natural bodybuilding really started spreading, hence the mention of that year. But 1978 was the real beginning. I consider myself a historian of natural bodybuilding and dug up a lot of info that I documented and that can be seen at: http://www.thenaturalmusclenetwork.com/Museum/history_main.html.

Tom Ciola can be contacted through IronAge.com, Jim Evans can be contacted here: http://www.examiner.com/natural-bodybuilding-in-national/jim-evans. Would enjoy hearing more of what they had to say about the beginnings. Would also enjoy talking about the sports evolution myself more. Not many people around it seems who share that interest I can chat with.

John Hansen
10-20-2010, 06:04 PM
2010 Figure Olympia Champ Erin Stern is interviewed this week on Natural Bodybuilding Radio along with a preview of this weekend's Yorton Cup!

http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/spotlight-on-champions/coming-wednesday-oct-20-erin-stern-2010-olympia-figure-champion

Ironman19871
10-20-2010, 09:16 PM
2010 Figure Olympia Champ Erin Stern is interviewed this week on Natural Bodybuilding Radio along with a preview of this weekend's Yorton Cup!

http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/spotlight-on-champions/coming-wednesday-oct-20-erin-stern-2010-olympia-figure-champion

Wow. Good job John. Props to getting a recent Olympia Champion on the show.

Can't wait.

John Hansen
10-29-2010, 04:26 PM
This week on Natural Bodybuilding Radio, a review of the IFPA Yorton Cup and an interview with Philip Ricardo, the men's overall Pro Winner.

http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/spotlight-on-champions/2010-ifpa-yorton-cup-judges-bob-bell-and-champion-philip-ricardo-jr

John Hansen
11-07-2010, 10:25 AM
This week on Natural Bodybuilding Radio, hosts John Hansen and Mike Neumann welcome IFPA Yorton Cup Figure Pro Rachel Baker to the show. Rachel defeated a strong field of competitors to win the Yorton Cup for the second consecutive year. Learn the training and diet secrets she uses to stay on top in the very competitive Figure division. http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Denny-Diana-Kakos.gif (http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Denny-Diana-Kakos.gif)In the second part of the show, John and Mike interview Denny & Diana Kakos, the President of the INBA. The INBA is one of the longest running Natural Bodybuilding Organizations with titles that include the Natural Universe and the Natural Olympia. Denny and Diana talk about the upcoming Natural Olympia Championships, taking place in Reno, Nevada on November 12th-14th. They also reveal a brand new drug-testing procedure that is ground breaking in the Natural Bodybuilding world. Be sure to check out Natural Bodybuilding Radio on November 3rd for all the details!

AVBG
11-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Downloading now!

John Hansen
11-10-2010, 04:47 PM
This week on Natural Bodybuilding Radio, hosts John Hansen and Mike Neumann preview possibly the Biggest Competition Weekend in Natural Bodybuilding. The INBA Natural Olympia and the WNBF World Championships are taking place on November 13th, 2010 and John and Mike discuss the competition and pick their winners. John and Mike interview the top contenders for the WNBF World Championships. First up is Toni West, one of the favorites to win the Pro Women's Bodybuilding division. Toni discusses how she developed one of the most massive physiques in female bodybuilding and her strategy for winning the World Championships this weekend. In the second part of the show, Shaun "The Giant Killer" Clarida and former World Champion Jim Cordova talk about the upcoming World Championships. Both Shaun and Jim promise to bring their best condition ever this weekend and they each discuss why they will come out on top at this year's World Championships!

http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/spotlight-on-champions/toni-west-shaun-clarida-and-jim-cordova

AVBG
11-10-2010, 05:46 PM
Congrats to Kiyoshi for winning the inba Mr U

AVBG
11-13-2010, 05:02 AM
Hey John.. How 'bout getting Aussie Justin Figara on the show?? Justin has just won the amateur overall Inba Mr Olympia!

ving
11-14-2010, 05:52 PM
Hey John.. How 'bout getting Aussie Justin Figara on the show?? Justin has just won the amateur overall Inba Mr Olympia!

x 2 :yep:

John Hansen
11-14-2010, 08:08 PM
Don't you guys remember? We just had Justin on with Warren Clampit in July. I would love to have him on again though along with Michael Waddington who just beat Philip Ricardo at the Natural Olympia last night.

AVBG
11-14-2010, 09:01 PM
Big difference is John, Justin is NOW the overall Amatuer Mr O!! Not just a class winner. Also Ronnie's interviews increased the more titles he won.. ;) How 'bout another interview with Waddington? He's been Australia's most consistent pro in the last few years.. Beating out the limitless U.S gene pool - we do alright at these shindigs despite a population that is less than 1/10th of the states.

John Hansen
11-15-2010, 10:56 AM
Big difference is John, Justin is NOW the overall Amatuer Mr O!! Not just a class winner. Also Ronnie's interviews increased the more titles he won.. ;) How 'bout another interview with Waddington? He's been Australia's most consistent pro in the last few years.. Beating out the limitless U.S gene pool - we do alright at these shindigs despite a population that is less than 1/10th of the states.

Absolutely! I would love to have both Justin and Michael on the show again!

AVBG
11-15-2010, 01:18 PM
Absolutely! I would love to have both Justin and Michael on the show again!

Make it happen brother! :) that's the beauty of your show, a legitimate outlet for the nattys - keep it relevant to what's happening! If the websites dedicated to the scene aren't keeping pace then you lead the way.

Shoe
11-15-2010, 01:20 PM
Make it happen brother! :) that's the beauty of your show, a legitimate outlet for the nattys - keep it relevant to what's happening! If the websites dedicated to the scene aren't keeping pace then you lead the way.
:hmn::yep:

AVBG
11-15-2010, 01:24 PM
^ everyone loves "the shoe"

Shoe
11-15-2010, 01:29 PM
Haha I do what I can.

John Hansen
11-19-2010, 01:16 PM
We do a in-depth review of the WNBF World Championships this week on Natural Bodybuilding Radio!

This week on Natural Bodybuilding Radio, hosts John Hansen and Mike Neumann review the INBA Natural Olympia and the WNBF World Championships. Both of these competitions took place last weekend and John and Mike give a complete review of each show. Joining the show for a review of the WNBF World Championships is Judge and Contest Promoter Nancy Andrews. Nancy sat on the judging panel at the World Championships so she offers her expert analysis of each professional division.

http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/personalities-in-bodybuilding/nancy-andrews-and-feedback-on-the-natural-olympia-and-wnbf-world-championships

AVBG
11-19-2010, 01:29 PM
Downloading now

John Hansen
11-23-2010, 10:21 AM
Interviews with Kiyoshi Moody and Martin Daniels today on Natural Bodybuilding Radio!

http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/spotlight-on-champions/top-champions-martin-daniels-and-kiyoshi-moody

John Hansen
12-01-2010, 11:01 PM
This week on Natural Bodybuilding Radio, hosts John Hansen and Mike Neumann welcome the Ultra Grand Masters Natural Olympia Champion Frank Cappalupo. At 64 years of age, Frank has been training nearly 50 years. In his competitive career, Frank has gone up against some of the legends of the sport including Sergio Oliva, Boyer Coe and Harold Poole. Frank talks about how the sport of bodybuilding has changed from the 1960's to the present day and his determination to stay natural and never resort to steroid use. Frank also talks about his preparation for the 2010 Natural Olympia contest and how he was able to defeat the top natural bodybuilders in the world to win the Ultra Grand Masters title.

http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/spotlight-on-champions/coming-wed-dec-2nd-grand-master-natural-champion-frank-cappalupo

John Hansen
12-05-2010, 11:48 PM
We want to do some interviews with the top natural bodybuilders from the UK. Who do you guys recommend?

ving
12-06-2010, 02:02 AM
Ian Duckett would be a great interview! He is one of the more popular UK natties and gets into crazy conditon. He's also very into eating only natural and organic food which he has incorporated into his contest diet - something you don't hear of very often.

http://www.bodyindesign.co.uk/home.html

aDDT7jj92j8

AVBG
12-06-2010, 02:30 PM
Frank's interview was inspiring

MiamiMadePunk
12-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Ian Duckett would be a great interview! He is one of the more popular UK natties and gets into crazy conditon. He's also very into eating only natural and organic food which he has incorporated into his contest diet - something you don't hear of very often.

http://www.bodyindesign.co.uk/home.html

aDDT7jj92j8
agreed. I need to know what foods was he eating for contest prep from start to finish and what foods worked for him the best.

John Hansen
12-07-2010, 01:53 AM
Frank's interview was inspiring

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback!

John Hansen
12-08-2010, 09:26 PM
We have an interview with Liza Reichenberger, World Champion Natural Bodybuilder, this week on Natural Bodybuilding Radio!

Listen to Natural Bodybuilding Radio this week for the interview with Liza Reichenberger, one of the top Pro Natural Female Bodybuilders in the world. At the age of 50, Liza recently won the heavyweight class at the prestigious IFPA Yorton Cup. Liza explains her long bodybuilding career with hosts John Hansen and Mike Neumann and her decision to stay natural, even while competing in the NPC in the mid-1980's.

Liza's enthusiasm and energy will enthrall you as she explains her approach to bodybuilding, all while running a medical practice, being a wife and mother and training for the top world championships in natural bodybuilding.

http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/spotlight-on-champions/coming-wednesday-evening-top-pro-natural-bodybuilder-liza-reichenberger

John Hansen
12-24-2010, 12:26 PM
This week on Natural Bodybuilding Radio, we welcome Rob Moran, one of the up and coming Pro Natural Bodybuilders in the WNBF.

http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/spotlight-on-champions/wnbf-pro-natural-champ-and-scivation-exec-rob-moran

AVBG
12-24-2010, 12:38 PM
Downloading now

Leigh Carmichael
12-25-2010, 01:34 AM
Hey John, not sure how many listeners you have in Japan but I heard you mention it on the show.
I am one of them, currently living in Tokyo.
Haven't missed a show since day one, love what you guys are doing.
The top 5 show was another winner.
Keep it up guys.