PDA

View Full Version : NAS Inc. Nationals

robert da strongman
10-11-2009, 09:47 AM
Doug Madewell Wins at North America Strongman Nationals
by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D. | ©2009 IronMind

Doug Madewell won the North American Strongman (NAS) Lightweight National Championships in Lafayette, Louisiana.
http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/export/sites/default/ironmind/nas-lwt_lg.jpg
Doug Madewell won the lightweight title at the NAS Nationals today. Dione Wessels photo.

This win makes Doug Madewell a new lightweight pro, NAS Vice President Dione Wessels told IronMind. “The action continues tomorrow and we will crown the heavyweight national champion.”

PowerCoach
10-11-2009, 12:15 PM
RX Muscle's own Ryan Bracewell going for the HW ProCard today at Nationals........Go Ryan!

robert da strongman
10-11-2009, 02:06 PM
RX Muscle's own Ryan Bracewell going for the HW ProCard today at Nationals........Go Ryan!

i know! any updates?

my training partner was in the 175lbers yesterday.

robert da strongman
10-11-2009, 09:44 PM
Justin Warren Wins the Heavyweight Class at the NAS Nationals
by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D. | ©2009 IronMind

“Today there was rain again!,” Dione Wessels said, speaking from the North American Strongman (NAS) National Championships - where the top fifteen qualify for the amateur strongman contest NAS is running at the 2010 Arnold.

“We had a short rain delay but then continued with the show! Very impressive field of athletes today. Looking at the potential pros coming up are not only large individuals, but also competitive.

“The top 15 going to the Arnold amateur [strongman] contest are from 1st to 15th: Justin Warren, Mike Jenkins, Dan Harrison, Ryan Haas, Erik Peterson, Brad Audrey, Mike Caruso, Ryan Bracewell, Jarrod Beekley, Rob Lewis, Lou Costa, Chad Robison, Dave Bourgeois, Vincent Urbank, Jonathan Pietrolaj; and the overall Leightweight winner from Saturday [Doug Madewell] will also be going.”

Ryan Bracewell
10-12-2009, 12:33 PM
This was not my weekend. After having such a good year, coming in 8th was definitely not what I had planned. The one benefit is that you tend to learn the most from your biggest defeats, and I did manage to qualify for the Arnold. Time to regroup, and start planning my training.

The biggest upside to this weekend, I was awarded the Heavyweight Athlete of the Year.

GameofInches
10-12-2009, 01:58 PM
This was not my weekend. After having such a good year, coming in 8th was definitely not what I had planned. The one benefit is that you tend to learn the most from your biggest defeats, and I did manage to qualify for the Arnold. Time to regroup, and start planning my training.

The biggest upside to this weekend, I was awarded the Heavyweight Athlete of the Year.

Congrats Ryan! The Arnold should be an amazing contest and a perfect way to turn pro, you also get an automatic invite to the Arnold Pro next year. I will def follow your training closely leading up to the Arnold. Go get it!

robert da strongman
10-12-2009, 06:49 PM

congrats! and you are going to the arnold!