PDA

View Full Version : Junior Nationals 2009 Prep

gymrat9929
02-25-2009, 04:37 PM
Im 15 weeks out from Jr's and 12 weeks out from The Muscle Mayhem Championships. I will be competing as a heavyweight this year (was LH last year).

2-25-2009
231 LBS
7.5% BF

I am following Daves Ketogenic diet. Have been on his diet plan since Feb 1 (3.5 weeks).

I will try to update pics at least once per week.

hilly
02-25-2009, 05:01 PM
lookin good mate.

good luck with the diet.

Scoobysnacks
02-25-2009, 05:05 PM
Looking really good this far out, though its 16.5 weeks as of today, ha. Its June 20th. I hope Im right on that date.

Will look forward to meeting ya there.

Have you booked hotel, sent in form yet?

Ss

gymrat9929
02-25-2009, 09:04 PM
I havent sent in the form yet. I guess I better go ahead and get it all set up. I actually have a sponsor paying for my expenses this year so its a huge help.

I look forward to seeing you bro. And I realized its 16.5 weeks out but you know the rule ... gotta be show ready at least 1 week out!

Best of Luck Brotha!

flexingtonsteele
02-26-2009, 08:08 PM
what show did u do the qualify for the jr.nats? and how did u place there?

gymrat9929
02-27-2009, 09:25 AM
what show did u do the qualify for the jr.nats? and how did u place there?

I qualified at Chad Nichols Muscle Mayhem Championships held in KC, MO. I placed 2nd in the LH Open class. I won the LH novice and the novice overall.

TheJackHammer
02-27-2009, 10:55 AM
hey gymrat9929, how tall are you?

flexingtonsteele
02-27-2009, 01:45 PM
good job adding size,legs look thicker, arms look improved, u look pretty tall though how tall are u?

chris d
02-27-2009, 01:57 PM
Good luck to you, but you better come with size and in topnotch shape because you will be going up against my buddy his name is Brett Becker he also doing both of those shows he is looking crazy already big, thick and veiny Look out. Just some friendly advice.

figure_22
02-27-2009, 02:38 PM
My guess is 5'10" ??

gymrat9929
02-27-2009, 03:24 PM
I'm 5'10.

What?! There will be other guys competing???!!!

I love it when somebody says "Watch out! I got a buddy that will be there and he's a freak!"

Duh ... its a big show everybody better bring their A game. Dont worry about me ... I'll take care of mine. If I were you I would tell your buddy that I'm coming too ... so he can watch out as well.

gymrat9929
02-27-2009, 03:33 PM
Good luck to you, but you better come with size and in topnotch shape because you will be going up against my buddy his name is Brett Becker he also doing both of those shows he is looking crazy already big, thick and veiny Look out. Just some friendly advice.

Wasnt trying to dis your boy or anything. Brett is a good bodybuilder and has a nice physique that flows well and he doesnt lack for size either (arms/delts are sick). But he does have weak points just like all of us.

We bring completly different packages to the show and it will be up to the judges. I look forward to meeting him.

Futurefreak
02-27-2009, 04:16 PM
7.5% body fat already???? Not a diss, just dont get caught up on numbers. Only concern yourself with what is looking back at you in the mirror. Good job and good luck.

anthony1992
02-27-2009, 04:34 PM
looking good, good luck at the junior Nationals

chris d
02-27-2009, 05:34 PM
I here ya, nicely put and I wish you the best, I will be down there in KC as well, I'll stop by and say hi. P.S I was not telling you to Watch Out! as you put it I was simply letting you know who some of your competition was. At least you know what your up against with 1 person, that is always nice to know in my book.

gymrat9929
02-27-2009, 08:54 PM
I here ya, nicely put and I wish you the best, I will be down there in KC as well, I'll stop by and say hi. P.S I was not telling you to Watch Out! as you put it I was simply letting you know who some of your competition was. At least you know what your up against with 1 person, that is always nice to know in my book.

For sure bro. It will definatly help drive me in the gym, on cardio and with my diet to make sure I'm on track knowing there are others of equal or better caliber doing the same thing!

gymrat9929
03-05-2009, 09:58 AM
Man I love my keto diet but by thursday I'm draggin ass. Every morning I wake up thinking "I need to take a day off ..." but when it comes time to go to the gym I feel much more energized and ready to rock.

Few things have changed for the better.
1st I changed gyms and now go to Golds. I used to train at this yuppy healthclub where the db's stoppd at 100lbs and I got crazy weird looks when I would workout. At Golds I can train as insense as possible and even strip down and practice posing with a few guys and nobody bats an eye ... its great. Plus the db's go to 150lbs ... huge difference!

2nd I have a new training partner. this guy is a beast and really pushes me to the limit on each and every rep. Ive actully gotten stronger on all of my lifts during my dieting phase! He has competed in the past and knows what I'm going thru. We train with a purpose and no conversation. Its as hardcore as Ive ever been.

stavios
03-05-2009, 03:22 PM
I'm 5'10.

I love it when somebody says "Watch out! I got a buddy that will be there and he's a freak!"

hahaha so true man !

looking fucking shredded in that picture from last year !!! :eek:

gymrat9929
03-05-2009, 09:50 PM
hahaha so true man !

looking fucking shredded in that picture from last year !!! :eek:

Hey stavios ... thanks for posting in this thread. my plan is to bring the same condition + 20lbs of muscle this year. we will see how it goes!

flexingtonsteele
03-06-2009, 12:36 AM
Hey stavios ... thanks for posting in this thread. my plan is to bring the same condition + 20lbs of muscle this year. we will see how it goes!

just curious what did u do in the offseason differently to get such great gains?

Mighty
03-06-2009, 02:17 AM
Hey I have a question. IT's off topic, but I'm curious...

In order to become a pro you need to win junior nationals and a NPC nationals, correct?

Do you have to qualify for those also?

Thanks gents!

gymrat9929
03-06-2009, 03:24 PM
just curious what did u do in the offseason differently to get such great gains?

I worked with Don Long (IFBB Pro) during my offseason. He did my diet for me and made sure I was putting in the work. This was the first year I actually ate, trained and supplemented to gain as much muscle as possible.

I focused on heavy deadlifts, heavy squats and heavy eating. These were the primary changes I made.

To answer the above question. There are no pro cards given out at Junior Nationals. I belive you must place in the top 15 to be able to come back the next year without re-qualifing at a regional show. I have a long way to go but I'm very excited to test the waters and see how I stack up against some of the best amatures in the NPC.

I'm just hoping for 2 things ... 1) That I come in my best possible shape and 2) That I dont get completly smoked like a joint

gymrat9929
03-06-2009, 03:29 PM
couple more pics ... from the same day as above 2/25 ... just different poses.

ill snap this weeks pics tomorrow.

Lenny
03-14-2009, 12:14 AM
James,

I know you will bring the best package to stage as you are dedicated and discipline at the next opponent. Like you said bring your best and go from there!

Looking great bro, plenty of time for the changes to keep happening. Let the mirror do the talking because the diet and the training are a given!

Not trying to hijack the thread (pic), but this is your good ole buddy saying bring it to them. All the respect for you BigJ! Lets get a time to train together soon.

This was at 14 weeks out from my show: Even though I am a just a middleweight:)

Lenny
03-15-2009, 01:25 PM
BTW, you have made huge changes this offseason. A ton of new muscle added and it shows. Retain the new muscle and bring your sick conditioning to stage. Let that do the talking. RESPECT!

bigdaddyd
03-15-2009, 02:11 PM
Looking good bro. Keep going

Bob Smith Jr.
03-15-2009, 04:04 PM
you look great, ill see you on stage man ima be a heavy too most likely! I can't wait, cya there and good luck with the rest of your prep!

Steve56
03-15-2009, 09:10 PM
I qualified at Chad Nichols Muscle Mayhem Championships held in KC, MO. I placed 2nd in the LH Open class. I won the LH novice and the novice overall.

Your conditioning was sick bro..great color too!

flexingtonsteele
03-16-2009, 10:29 AM
updates???

gymrat9929
03-16-2009, 03:49 PM
Im back fellas. Had a monstor cheat last night and used 1500mgs of Metformin with it!!!!!

Wow! If any of you have never experienced this drug I think its amazing ... i look and feel 10lbs heavier today than yesterday. Cant wait to go train today.

Big T! In the house! Glad to see you on here brotha. I look forward to hitting back with you on Wednesday. Will be a great workout ... deadlifts here we come! Pics look sick bro ... we will have a blast at the show this year!

Ill pe posting udated pics tuesday or wednesday ... Im down to 227 which is only 4 lbs of loss in 2 weeks ... about right I think.

gymrat9929
03-16-2009, 03:50 PM
Your conditioning was sick bro..great color too!

Thanks for the props bro! I plan on bringing the same condition + 17 lbs of added muscle. I know I'll be up against bigger competitiors but I think my body will flow much better as a heavyweight. Im not as concerned with my weight as I am how the total package looks on stage.

gymrat9929
03-19-2009, 09:13 AM
Had a great session with my boy 'Lenny' last night. We hit back / traps and did posing.

I'm stoked about my re-feed on Sunday ... although Im not going "all out" like i have the past few weeks. Its time to draw things in just a bit.

HeavyDutyGuy
03-19-2009, 11:51 AM
Look good, especially legs. What's your bodyweight now? What you project competing at?

gymrat9929
03-19-2009, 12:18 PM
Thanks bro. I'm weighing 227 first thing in the morning right now and expect to be between 215 and 218 for the show. That puts me almost 20lbs heavier than last year.

I just hope to hit my peak again ... ive got a very good game plan and great support system. Don Long is helping me out.

gymrat9929
04-02-2009, 09:40 PM
taken with a crappy camera phone. weight is down to 226lbs.

Training is absolutly insane lately. Cardio is at 60min upon rising before meal 1 with cup black coffee.

Scoobysnacks
04-02-2009, 10:39 PM
taken with a crappy camera phone. weight is down to 226lbs.

Training is absolutly insane lately. Cardio is at 60min upon rising before meal 1 with cup black coffee.

GREAT work man, looking lean and mean. HOw is the diet treating you?

Ss

stavios
04-02-2009, 11:23 PM
looking awesome man !!!

gymrat9929
04-03-2009, 10:28 AM
GREAT work man, looking lean and mean. HOw is the diet treating you?

Ss

Hmmmm thats a good question. Im starving! I realized last year that you have to suffer a bit to get into GREAT condition. Thats what seperates the men from the boys. I make sure I get all of my macro's in but at the same time I always feel a little bit uncomfortable. I literally count the minutes until my cheat meal on sunday night.

Right now my calories are between 2400-2600 each day. It feels low but its 300 calories higher per day than what I ate last year at this time. I am 20lbs heavier so I believe this is a good adjustment. As long as the bf keeps coming off and my strength stays up there I know Im doing the right things.

Im planning on adding 15 minutes of cardio in the evening every day next week after my 5th meal and before my last protein meal. Is this an optimal time? I'd rather not do any cardio at the gym pwo since I have a recumbent bike at home. Or ... woudl it be a better idea to do that 15 minutes as soon as I get home from the gym before my 5th meal??

Thanks scoobs!

gymrat9929
04-03-2009, 10:30 AM
looking awesome man !!!

Thanks bro! I really appreciate encouraging words. I would have posted pics of the wheels but the quality of the pics just looked terrible so I left them out.

Ill try to get my wife to snap some shots for me this weekend.

Scoobysnacks
04-03-2009, 10:35 AM
Hmmmm thats a good question. Im starving! I realized last year that you have to suffer a bit to get into GREAT condition. Thats what seperates the men from the boys. I make sure I get all of my macro's in but at the same time I always feel a little bit uncomfortable. I literally count the minutes until my cheat meal on sunday night.

Right now my calories are between 2400-2600 each day. It feels low but its 300 calories higher per day than what I ate last year at this time. I am 20lbs heavier so I believe this is a good adjustment. As long as the bf keeps coming off and my strength stays up there I know Im doing the right things.

Im planning on adding 15 minutes of cardio in the evening every day next week after my 5th meal and before my last protein meal. Is this an optimal time? I'd rather not do any cardio at the gym pwo since I have a recumbent bike at home. Or ... woudl it be a better idea to do that 15 minutes as soon as I get home from the gym before my 5th meal??

Thanks scoobs!

Since you are on a keto diet I think if you wanted to have you fifth meal, then give it 45 mins and do your 15 it should be fine. The whole point of keto diet is to keep insulin suppressed, but some food does bring it out even if its no carb. So, Id still do the LISS a good bit after the meal. I know for me in using a glucomete even with a good bit of carbs in me my sugar levels return to pre food levels 45-1hr post meal. So I think that would work.

That said I just bang out my cardio while at the gym pwo. But, Im not rolling keto either, so I feel I need to do it at the most optimal times, morning empty and pwo when blood sugar and liver glycogen stores are zapped.

Keep pushing.

Ss

gymrat9929
04-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Since you are on a keto diet I think if you wanted to have you fifth meal, then give it 45 mins and do your 15 it should be fine. The whole point of keto diet is to keep insulin suppressed, but some food does bring it out even if its no carb. So, Id still do the LISS a good bit after the meal. I know for me in using a glucomete even with a good bit of carbs in me my sugar levels return to pre food levels 45-1hr post meal. So I think that would work.

That said I just bang out my cardio while at the gym pwo. But, Im not rolling keto either, so I feel I need to do it at the most optimal times, morning empty and pwo when blood sugar and liver glycogen stores are zapped.

Keep pushing.

Ss

Thanks bud. much appreciated. Im following your thread and really look forward to hanging out at Jr.s!

Scoobysnacks
04-03-2009, 11:34 AM
Thanks bud. much appreciated. Im following your thread and really look forward to hanging out at Jr.s!

Yep me too, glad I know someone going to be there from the boards. Im following yours too as Im trying to keep up with you conditioning wise, if I do so, and I look as thin skinned as you did at your overall victory then Ive already won. We can keep pushing each other along.

Ss

gymrat9929
04-03-2009, 01:51 PM
Yep me too, glad I know someone going to be there from the boards. Im following yours too as Im trying to keep up with you conditioning wise, if I do so, and I look as thin skinned as you did at your overall victory then Ive already won. We can keep pushing each other along.

Ss

Thats what it takes my friend! Train hard, eat hard, rest ... repeat!

Lenny
04-07-2009, 11:21 PM
Thats what it takes my friend! Train hard, eat hard, rest ... repeat!

.....and let your body take care of the rest! You are doing just fine and things will keep changing especially at 4 weeks out. Make the small changes, nothing drastic...and the big changes will occur! Big J, you are a warrior in the gym...keep it up! Till our next training session....

gymrat9929
04-27-2009, 10:36 AM
alright. here are my pics from last week. i was 221 in these pics, im down to 219 now. cardio has been bumped up to 60min upon rising and 45min pwo. abs have tightened up quite a bit since these pics. im trying to not freak out that im not "ripped" yet but i think things are progressing.

Scoobysnacks
04-27-2009, 10:59 AM
Looking good James. Keep plugging along. I havent taken the hour long plunge on cardio sessions yet, but Im close to starting it myself soon.

You look to be on track. Thanks for sharing.

Looks like me and my client will be at Jrs, we will all be Jrs virgins, so we can keep each other calm and collected.

As it gets closer we can exchange cells. I should be in Thurs evening.

Keep on keepin' on.

PS (I just posted some 8 week out pics too, give me your thoughts)

Ss

gymrat9929
05-01-2009, 10:12 AM
Pics taken this morning before am cardio.

Ive made some changes to my diet. Things are progressing.

gymrat9929
05-01-2009, 10:16 AM
Above pics are 4 Weeks out from Muscle Mayhem and 7 weeks out from Jr. Nationals.

Wish me :goodluck:!

Scoobysnacks
05-01-2009, 10:41 AM
Pics taken this morning before am cardio.

Ive made some changes to my diet. Things are progressing.

You know what I think, but the dietary manips and the cardio changes are doing you good, you are on point for it. Great work, see ya there:D

Lenny
05-02-2009, 03:31 PM
I trained with BigJ on Thursday and he is looking full of lean muscle....he will be ready to do battle! Keep killing it bro and great back workout on Thursday...do it, to it!

vboissiere
05-04-2009, 12:27 AM
I'm 5'10.

Duh ... its a big show everybody better bring their A game. Dont worry about me ... I'll take care of mine. If I were you I would tell your buddy that I'm coming too ... so he can watch out as well.

Love that attitude! I wish you the best.

gymrat9929
05-04-2009, 09:49 AM
^^^^^^^^^ ... Thanks! Confidence in yourself and your work ethic is a key element to succcess.

Just an update. The diet is going much smoother. Ive added 3 pro/veg days per week and its not nearly as bad as I remember. I think that when you start seeing drastic drops in bf% it motivates you to stick to the diet and be more strict as well.

Last night I had a "refeed" meal which consisted of 70grams of carbs from white rice. It was delicious ... but hardly satisfying at all. I was hoping to wake up fuller and drier this morning ... i was drier thats for sure but i didnt fill up at all. So obviously 70 grams is too low of a load number. Next week Ill try 140 grams over two meals.

Scoobysnacks
05-04-2009, 11:24 AM
^^^^^^^^^ ... Thanks! Confidence in yourself and your work ethic is a key element to succcess.

Just an update. The diet is going much smoother. Ive added 3 pro/veg days per week and its not nearly as bad as I remember. I think that when you start seeing drastic drops in bf% it motivates you to stick to the diet and be more strict as well.

Last night I had a "refeed" meal which consisted of 70grams of carbs from white rice. It was delicious ... but hardly satisfying at all. I was hoping to wake up fuller and drier this morning ... i was drier thats for sure but i didnt fill up at all. So obviously 70 grams is too low of a load number. Next week Ill try 140 grams over two meals.

From an outside perspective (as I know its hard when its yourself) 70 grams carbs is way to low on keto for a refeed especially where you have 3 pro/veggy days per week. I have a figure girl that Im using this method (extremely carb sensitive person) with eating around 400 from clean sources once per week (very very sensitive stomach) and she is progressing weekly. I know you are close, but you need enough to keep that metabolism roaring and so you can perform in the gym.

That said Im not prepping you just giving you an outsider perspective...just food for thought really, take it or leave it.

Lenny
05-04-2009, 03:27 PM
Now you know BigJ...you need more carbs on the refeed. Not a big deal, trial and error at this point will not hurt you. Double it next or even triple next, but keep the carbs clean and low fat. As Scooby said, keep the body roaring and those leptin levels on thier toes! What you did was just fine, simple fact now is you know what to do on the next refeed! Thursday might be a perfect day to train some shoulders/abs, oh yeah gotta do my cardio too. I will text you this week. Keep strong!

johngorman
05-04-2009, 03:58 PM
Now you know BigJ...you need more carbs on the refeed. Not a big deal, trial and error at this point will not hurt you. Double it next or even triple next, but keep the carbs clean and low fat. As Scooby said, keep the body roaring and those leptin levels on thier toes! What you did was just fine, simple fact now is you know what to do on the next refeed! Thursday might be a perfect day to train some shoulders/abs, oh yeah gotta do my cardio too. I will text you this week. Keep strong!
you guys plan on eating after prejudging? anything special for you guys? i am trying to find somewhere nearby that isnt halfway across kcity!:popcorn::beerbang:

gymrat9929
05-04-2009, 05:42 PM
the power and light district is with in walking distance from folley theatre. lots of good eateries and bars very close by. i wont be going out for food afterwards. i just go home and sip water. i gotta start my diet the next day anyway:eek:

johngorman
05-04-2009, 09:30 PM
the power and light district is with in walking distance from folley theatre. lots of good eateries and bars very close by. i wont be going out for food afterwards. i just go home and sip water. i gotta start my diet the next day anyway:eek:
damn bro, that's all good though. looking very forward to meeting you and lenny, keep pushing guys! under 4 weeks now!!:beerbang:

gymrat9929
05-05-2009, 09:28 AM
these are some new pics. taken this morning before my cardio session. obviously very flat and in strong ketosis at this point. I only have a few more lbs to lose before Im ready.

Lenny
05-05-2009, 09:35 AM
these are some new pics. taken this morning before my cardio session. obviously very flat and in strong ketosis at this point. I only have a few more lbs to lose before Im ready.

WOW....what a difference from last week to this week, oh shit....BigJ will be ready to kick some ass! The flat part is easy to take care of, looking on point!

gymrat9929
05-05-2009, 10:00 AM
WOW....what a difference from last week to this week, oh shit....BigJ will be ready to kick some ass! The flat part is easy to take care of, looking on point!

Thanks brotha! You want to come train at 530 at Golds Olathe this thursday? Lets hit up some shoulders/traps/abs!

And of course .... cardio!

bigcrz
05-05-2009, 10:18 AM
Looking good bro, good luck.

gymrat9929
05-05-2009, 12:23 PM
Looking good bro, good luck.

Thanks bro.

I'm feeling the hunger these last couple of days. I've caught myself in total "neandrathal" mode recently. You know ... when your so hungry you lick every plate, spatula, pan, fork, spoon, knife and finger so completly clean there is no need to wash it. I go into a frenzy and end up sneaking a bite of sea salt to force myself to drink a liter of water. Then im satiated ... the agony is over ... for an hour or so.

This is just part of the process. When I get to this point I know Im doing something right. Its supposed to be hard, thats how you know its working. As long as I can pound the weights like an animal each and every day ... I know that the suffering on the diet has not gone overboard and Im riding my "sweet spot". If the workouts suffer ... do i back off the weights? NO. I add in 20 grams of fat pre-workout and see if that fixes the problem.

Im totally addicted to this lifestyle ... its tough ... tough as shit ... but damn its worth it.

HeavyDutyGuy
05-05-2009, 08:52 PM
Wow, what an improvement! What's ther show date? You're really almost there.

vboissiere
05-06-2009, 09:02 AM

Getting better with ever update!

indianamonster1986
05-06-2009, 09:08 AM

I doooonnnnt knooo if they'll let you wear a bandanna or hat onstage....Better practice without it.

j/p looking great brother. I Hope to do Junior Nats next year if all goes as planned. Just keep on doing what your doing and it will all pay off in the end.

gymrat9929
05-06-2009, 09:33 AM
Wow, what an improvement! What's ther show date? You're really almost there.

I have the Muscle Mayhem on May 30th. Little more than 3 weeks out from this show. I competed in it last year as a LH ... I'll be a HW this year. Then I have Junior Nationals on June 18-20th. Will be my first trip to a national show. Stoked! Thanks for the props btw.

Getting better with ever update!

Thanks for posting bro! Im pushing the pedal to the metal right now. I'll post up more pics on Friday.

I doooonnnnt knooo if they'll let you wear a bandanna or hat onstage....Better practice without it.

j/p looking great brother. I Hope to do Junior Nats next year if all goes as planned. Just keep on doing what your doing and it will all pay off in the end.

No BANDANA! Nooooooo! I honestly fix my hair most of the time but the shit I use is expensive so I've been throwing on the cap or bandanna out of sheer laziness and because Im spending all my funds on chicken, fish and egg whites.

Im sure I can break away and style up the hair for comp day! hahahah

Thanks for the encouragement. Good Luck in your bodybuilding goals!:beerbang:

indianamonster1986
05-06-2009, 03:03 PM
Yea I know how that goes! lol. This dude who sponsors me gives me like 40 buck every two weeks. Is constantly on my ass to do another show. I was like look bro, 40 bucks every two weeks is awesome and I appreciate it. But to prep for a show is literally like 200 or more a week on food, 1,000 or more a month for supps/gear. Hotel stay, posing trunks, tanning, pro tan, entery fee. Plus not to mention missing work, and trying to get things done with a 10 month old running around. People do not understand....

gymrat9929
05-06-2009, 03:38 PM
Yea I know how that goes! lol. This dude who sponsors me gives me like 40 buck every two weeks. Is constantly on my ass to do another show. I was like look bro, 40 bucks every two weeks is awesome and I appreciate it. But to prep for a show is literally like 200 or more a week on food, 1,000 or more a month for supps/gear. Hotel stay, posing trunks, tanning, pro tan, entery fee. Plus not to mention missing work, and trying to get things done with a 10 month old running around. People do not understand....

Thats the truth! I have a 16mth old lil girl ... you have a girl or boy?

indianamonster1986
05-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Thats the truth! I have a 16mth old lil girl ... you have a girl or boy?

Lil' boy...and you know everything revolves around them. What really sucked was at the time I was working 60hrs, and going to night school during the contest prep. I felt really selfish the whole time. Luckily I just got chosen to work at BP. It is only 40 hrs a week and the benefits are great. They only chose 16 out of 10,000 applicants. We had 9 tests, two interviews, weld test, physical capability test, and today we had a hair, piss, blood, alchohol test, with pulminary test, akg, physical, and pulminary test. start june 8th and I am sooo excitied. Mainly because it is much more secure then being a union boilkermaker and wondering when the job is going to be done and how am I going to make my money last to support my family. It is less money (22.98 to start and 33 after the 4 year apprenticeship) but more options for promotions and great job security. But no matter how carb depeleted I am, or how many hours I work I get a second surge of energy when I come home and see my sons smile!!!

gymrat9929
05-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Trained with BigT *Lenny* tonight and we hit delts, traps ... arm pump and cardio.

Here is our workout ... in case anybody is interested

Hammer Strength Military Press:
1 plate - warm up
2 plates - 15
3 plates - 10
3 / 25 plates = 10
Drop set:
3 plates: 12 *two forced reps
2 plates: 15 *two forced reps
1 plate: failure

Dumbell Lateral Raise
4 x 15 with 40lbs each hand

Rear Delts on Cables
4 x 10-15 weight increases each set

Smith Machine Upright Row
4 x 15

Dumbell Shrug
4 x 15 with 90lbs

2 Burn sets of db curls

60 min cardio

10 min Posing tonight before bed.

Great workout BigT! The middles need to watch out for my boy Lenny ... he is on a mission! Absolutly freaky shredded!

gymrat9929
05-11-2009, 09:45 AM
I did a larger re-feed last night of 300 grams of carbs. I had 200 grams from white rice and another 100 from home made oatmeal load bars. consisting of dry oats, appleasuce, splenda and whole wheat flour. I only exceeded my daily calorie intake by 600 calories. So calorie wise it was very moderate but the carbs had a huge impact on my physique. I dried out and slightly filled out.

Next week I will try a slightly higher number of carbs (500 grams) but will space them out through the day instead of all at one meal.

I did not take metformin with this meal last night. I did however take one this moring after cardio and posing to help clear any glucose and get back into ketosis.

Everytihng is coming togther. I still have a few lbs of fat I want to lose but I have time to do that and experiement with my carb load before this first show and definatly for the weeks leading into Jrs.

Pics are soon to come. Ill try to snag some today.

Lenny
05-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Trained with BigT *Lenny* tonight and we hit delts, traps ... arm pump and cardio.

Here is our workout ... in case anybody is interested

Hammer Strength Military Press:
1 plate - warm up
2 plates - 15
3 plates - 10
3 / 25 plates = 10
Drop set:
3 plates: 12 *two forced reps
2 plates: 15 *two forced reps
1 plate: failure

Dumbell Lateral Raise
4 x 15 with 40lbs each hand

Rear Delts on Cables
4 x 10-15 weight increases each set

Smith Machine Upright Row
4 x 15

Dumbell Shrug
4 x 15 with 90lbs

2 Burn sets of db curls

60 min cardio

10 min Posing tonight before bed.

Great workout BigT! The middles need to watch out for my boy Lenny ... he is on a mission! Absolutly freaky shredded!

Watch out for me ...more like watch out for you! Great workout bro last week and we will kill some chest this Thursday. Are depleted asses will find a way to to tear it up! Again, it is crazy the changes you have made in one week and in my opinion you are there with the exception of some water which is easy to take care of. Also, muscle glycogen is depleted, once that comes back to the muscles, it just gets freaky! Again, BigJ is looking ready to battle with the best!

I did a larger re-feed last night of 300 grams of carbs. I had 200 grams from white rice and another 100 from home made oatmeal load bars. consisting of dry oats, appleasuce, splenda and whole wheat flour. I only exceeded my daily calorie intake by 600 calories. So calorie wise it was very moderate but the carbs had a huge impact on my physique. I dried out and slightly filled out.

Next week I will try a slightly higher number of carbs (500 grams) but will space them out through the day instead of all at one meal.

I did not take metformin with this meal last night. I did however take one this moring after cardio and posing to help clear any glucose and get back into ketosis.

Everytihng is coming togther. I still have a few lbs of fat I want to lose but I have time to do that and experiement with my carb load before this first show and definatly for the weeks leading into Jrs.

Pics are soon to come. Ill try to snag some today.

Keep working on the re-feed and you will find the perfect refeed that reacts with your body the best! You are lean enough now to keep experimented once a week with it till show time! Strong mind, strong body!

hilly
05-11-2009, 04:45 PM
workout looks good mate and it sounds as if things are all going to plan.

How long have you been dieting in total for now then?

Also do you bake this carb bars they sound nice i may try and make them

RealLilSwole
05-11-2009, 05:32 PM
You look GREAT! I am getting ready for Jr Nats too! We gonna have a great time!