10-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Anyone relate to this situation ?

YouTube - Raising the Bar - The 6 foods that work

Aaron Singerman
10-12-2009, 10:30 PM
Great videos... BUY THEM!

zubbeyboy
10-12-2009, 10:34 PM
I have RTB 3 and love it. Gonna purchase the other 2 fo sho. Dave's a great guy and fun to watch on Video.

bndniron4evrgal
10-12-2009, 10:43 PM
so, is he still competing???

sjl_bantam
10-13-2009, 12:10 AM
Dave has done all of my contest diets for the past 2 years and he really know his stuff. As horrible as "6 foods" sound his contest diets are really not that bad since you get a fair amount of carbs if you start far enough out, and they produce great results.

To bndniron4evrgal, Dave has announced his retirement from competing but I'm betting the competition bug is going get the best of him eventually.

GrowthGifted
10-13-2009, 10:42 AM
Dave has done all of my contest diets for the past 2 years and he really know his stuff. As horrible as "6 foods" sound his contest diets are really not that bad since you get a fair amount of carbs if you start far enough out, and they produce great results.

To bndniron4evrgal, Dave has announced his retirement from competing but I'm betting the competition bug is going get the best of him eventually.

Nice feedback on his contest prep.
If dave used to eat only 6 foods while shooting the movie that doesn't means he still eat the same foods or recommends any of his clients to do so

I found this video interesting beucase it portraits daily conflicts bodybuilders do thru becuase of their nutritional habits. Regardless of what they eat. If it's 6 ,1 0 or 20 foods. The eating habit is the same, with the meal frequency and so forth..

kungfuprincess007
10-13-2009, 11:20 PM
What about vegetables?

fitmomma3
10-13-2009, 11:48 PM
wow! that video made my family seem like saints! They were like tormenting him... ouch... I have to say if my family was like that bustng my balls constantly about food they wouldn't see me once the entire 12 weeks! I get the occasional under the breath stuff or why can't you just, more from people I'm not close to, but my family knows better now.. thats why I miss competing because no one can get offended when you say I'm training for a show... I feel stupid saying I can't I wanna be lean for Jamaica lol

GrowthGifted
10-14-2009, 07:51 PM
What about vegetables?

Some people just take al vitamisn and minerals as caps ( really strict ones, can't eat veggies due to die, or just dont like them )

ArabMuscle
10-28-2009, 02:45 PM
No fats at all?

Northman
10-29-2009, 12:48 PM
That video is stupid if you ask me.

The same 6 foods? Are you fucking serious?

If anything variety is much better for you on both planes~

Mike Pulcinella
10-31-2009, 12:36 AM

I'll take that bet because I know how much fun he's having now!

dave pulcinella
11-24-2009, 07:34 PM

you seem to feel so strogly about this....can you show me any pics of your physique to show the results of YOUR way of doing things??

dave pulcinella
11-24-2009, 07:35 PM

oh, and ps....no one asked you!!

Youngguns
11-24-2009, 08:10 PM
you seem to feel so strogly about this....can you show me any pics of your physique to show the results of YOUR way of doing things??
haha, Northman won't post full body pics... I wonder why.

However, you're simply compuslive.

Of course you could have ate red meat, fruits, veggies etc etc and got as lean as you did.

Of course.

AnglicanBeachParty
11-24-2009, 08:53 PM
I was pleased to hear bananas on the list, because I like them.

But how (and when) do they work? :dunno:

Mike Pulcinella
11-25-2009, 10:19 AM

Exactly.

DICE
11-25-2009, 12:15 PM
Those 6 foods do indeed work. However I prefer to add others as well.My faves..

Blueberries (morning shake)
Spinach
Broccoli
Asparagus
Steak
Ground beef
Fish, and more fish.
E.V.O.O.

Please explain the bananas ? I like em too. Want to know more behind why they work.

adilevy
01-11-2010, 02:07 PM

Dave,iv'e watched RTB2+3(still waiting on the first one)-AWESOME and very inspirational/motivational movies!!-i was surprised to see Mark-sanjulliano(works out in my gym)in the second one....lol,anyway do you have a web site so i can contact you,was just inquiring about your consultation's.-thanks!!

DICE
01-12-2010, 02:12 AM
This thread was a fail. Thanks for taking time to answer any questions.

anabolic fyre
01-15-2010, 12:27 PM
This thread was a fail. Thanks for taking time to answer any questions.

lol agreed... i still wanna know bout the bananas

AnglicanBeachParty
01-15-2010, 04:32 PM
lol agreed... i still wanna know bout the bananas

My plan is simply to eat one banana for each time this thread is posted to.

:banana:

GRAVESY
01-15-2010, 04:39 PM
My plan is simply to eat one banana for each time this thread is posted to.

:banana:

Have a:banana:

dzine2fit
01-16-2010, 12:06 AM
Interesting video :) I would like to know about the banana too. Thanks.

Mike Pulcinella
01-16-2010, 12:08 AM
Nooooooooo!!!! The banana has been REMOVED from the six foods since that documentary was made!!!

dzine2fit
01-16-2010, 12:09 AM
lol Oh my :confused:, okie

anabolic fyre
01-16-2010, 03:52 PM
haha wtf ?? u serious? whyy we want answersss!! lol

Mike Pulcinella
01-16-2010, 03:56 PM
haha wtf ?? u serious? whyy we want answersss!! lol

I'll tell Dave to stop by this thread and 'splain hisself!!

anabolic fyre
01-16-2010, 04:02 PM
haha lol sounds gooddddd

dave pulcinella
01-18-2010, 07:19 PM
ok, peeps!! here it is...the tuna /banana combination worked.....because my mentor kenny weiss ( mr america class winner) told me it did....i did whatever he told me to do back in the day 1989-1991....i got shredded as fuck eating the 6 foods he recommended. whats the science behind it...who knows? there might not have been ANY science behind it...thats why, when i decided to go to the national level and try to turn pro, i reworked some things for myself and discovered that sweet potatoes burn much cleaner for me and allowed me to get even more shredded than i ever had previously...therefore bananas were removed from the list and the list as it stands now is;

1) egg whites
2) oatmeal
3) tuna
4) sweet potato
5) chicken breast
6) broccoli.

and please, all of you "what about....?" people...im happy for you if you can get shredded eating steak or peanut butter or skittles or WHATEVER!!these foods work for me...no other combination did...end of fucking story.

Mike Pulcinella
01-18-2010, 07:27 PM
What about salad?

dave pulcinella
01-19-2010, 11:20 AM
what about salad?

doh!!!

anabolic fyre
01-19-2010, 02:57 PM
lmao skittles...

Dan Kennedy
01-19-2010, 03:42 PM
Thank you Dave. ;-)
Dan

JohnnyStyles
01-19-2010, 04:02 PM
So...no spinach ?

BTW...RTB 1 2 3....Best bb dvd's out there!

dave pulcinella
02-16-2010, 07:32 PM
So...no spinach ?

BTW...RTB 1 2 3....Best bb dvd's out there!

if itll make you feel better, ill eat some spinach tonight...lol!

JAM
02-16-2010, 08:10 PM
Do you follow any sort of strategy of when/what type of carb from your list you eat during the day. And how do you cycle the amount of carbs for each day. Is is based on that days activity or do you even cycle them at all?

AVBG
02-16-2010, 08:21 PM
what are you eating these days?

Curt James
02-16-2010, 08:22 PM
people...im happy for you if you can get shredded eating steak or peanut butter or skittles or WHATEVER!!these foods work for me...no other combination did...end of fucking story.

lmao skittles...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/curt_james/Rx/skittles.jpg

RTB 1 2 3....Best bb dvd's out there!

X2! :yep:

http://mikepulcinella.com/dvdsforsale.htm

antonbrn
02-16-2010, 11:54 PM
great info.
thanks

GRAVESY
02-17-2010, 12:18 AM
Did you use protein shakes, or just strictly the 6 whole foods?

kratos47
02-17-2010, 03:04 AM
good stuff. love your dvds. what did u use as your fat sources though?

thesamewords
02-17-2010, 03:39 PM
did you have to deal with gas from broccoli? I have no idea how to deal with gas from any of the carbs I eat. BTW I am sensitive to carbohydrates and i inflate like a balloon when I eat too many( for my body) in a day. Let me know whats up Dave.

raging pitbull
02-17-2010, 08:21 PM
ok, peeps!! here it is...the tuna /banana combination worked.....because my mentor kenny weiss ( mr america class winner) told me it did....i did whatever he told me to do back in the day 1989-1991....i got shredded as fuck eating the 6 foods he recommended. whats the science behind it...who knows? there might not have been ANY science behind it...thats why, when i decided to go to the national level and try to turn pro, i reworked some things for myself and discovered that sweet potatoes burn much cleaner for me and allowed me to get even more shredded than i ever had previously...therefore bananas were removed from the list and the list as it stands now is;

1) egg whites
2) oatmeal
3) tuna
4) sweet potato
5) chicken breast
6) broccoli.

and please, all of you "what about....?" people...im happy for you if you can get shredded eating steak or peanut butter or skittles or WHATEVER!!these foods work for me...no other combination did...end of fucking story.

i always apprecitated this clip. i played it over and over again when i competed for my first show. believe me your vid inspired me to compete using my own dieting methods and i was able to relate to you in the situation that you were in.

kawika67
03-01-2010, 01:16 AM
Dave we all appreciate your dedication and sharing of knowledge. all you guys who disagree with him, thats fine. Just go about your biz and let us learn from him. Dave all day boys in hawaii are repping your phrases!

Aloha from the 808 state. Im waiting for RTB4.

joe293
04-07-2010, 08:10 PM

Dave starts his contest prep about 26 weeks out and says he likes to grow into the show. He cuts out the shakes about 12 weeks out and eats only wholes foods until the show.

Mike Pulcinella
04-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Dave starts his contest prep about 26 weeks out and says he likes to grow into the show. He cuts out the shakes about 12 weeks out and eats only wholes foods until the show.

That's right. In RTB3 there's a bonus clip where he talks about how in the last few weeks of contest prep he'll eat "nothing made by the hand of man". Which I believe he once told me he heard Dorian say but I could be wrong about that.

joe293
04-07-2010, 08:18 PM

Dave talks about it on his DVD's and on a long QA he did at PM. He IS NOT A KETO GUY. High protein, medium carb, low low fat. The only fat would be from the truck loads of tuna he takes in.

Mike Pulcinella
04-07-2010, 08:24 PM
I just sent him an email telling him to stop by this thread because it's a good one. He doesn't post much because he's so busy with his business right now but he'll stop by eventually if I ask him to.

Mike Pulcinella
04-07-2010, 08:25 PM
did you have to deal with gas from broccoli? I have no idea how to deal with gas from any of the carbs I eat. BTW I am sensitive to carbohydrates and i inflate like a balloon when I eat too many( for my body) in a day. Let me know whats up Dave.

I can't wait to hear his answer about THIS! LOL! I've been on long car rides with him, and it ain't fun!! :no:

joe293
04-07-2010, 08:35 PM
That's right. In RTB3 there's a bonus clip where he talks about how in the last few weeks of contest prep he'll eat "nothing made by the hand of man". Which I believe he once told me he heard Dorian say but I could be wrong about that.

Mike, I have RTB 1 & 2 and have watched them more than Pumping Iron. They are classic documentaries and my favorite contest prep films to watch. I look forward to picking up RTB 3 and the new Kai DVD. I have shown the DVD's to people who don't quite get the whole competition scene and it makes it easier for the average person to understand. The Mitsu films get boring and the averge lifter loses interest just watching Jay grunt, sweat and eat. You've done an excellent job.

Mike Pulcinella
04-07-2010, 10:11 PM
Mike, I have RTB 1 & 2 and have watched them more than Pumping Iron. They are classic documentaries and my favorite contest prep films to watch. I look forward to picking up RTB 3 and the new Kai DVD. I have shown the DVD's to people who don't quite get the whole competition scene and it makes it easier for the average person to understand. The Mitsu films get boring and the averge lifter loses interest just watching Jay grunt, sweat and eat. You've done an excellent job.

Wow, I don't know what to say except...thanks! We put a lot into them and I'm always glad to hear that people get a lot out of them.

"...it makes it easier for the average person to understand."

I hear that a lot! That's kind of what I set out to do, except I thought I was only doing for my family to see! Imagine my surprise when people in the BB community actually wanted to BUY it!! It was one of the biggest and best unexpected twists in my life.

dave pulcinella
04-08-2010, 10:21 AM
Do you follow any sort of strategy of when/what type of carb from your list you eat during the day. And how do you cycle the amount of carbs for each day. Is is based on that days activity or do you even cycle them at all?

no carb cycling really...i lock into a set diet and follow that every day until i feel like its no longer working ( ie. im not losing fat anymore) , then ill either bump up my cardio a bit, or tweak something about the diet.

dave pulcinella
04-08-2010, 10:22 AM

ptoein shakes get thrown out the day i start my prep. all whole foods only.

dave pulcinella
04-08-2010, 10:24 AM

in the beginning of the diet its either flax oil or udos oil. i eventually cut those out about 6 weeks out and the only fats i get from that point on are whats found in trace amounts in the 6 foods i eat. it ends up being about 10% of calories from fats.

dave pulcinella
04-08-2010, 10:25 AM

bo9dybuilders have gas.....thats what we do.....we fart......and we fart a lot. THATS whats up!! lol!

dave pulcinella
04-08-2010, 10:27 AM
Dave we all appreciate your dedication and sharing of knowledge. all you guys who disagree with him, thats fine. Just go about your biz and let us learn from him. Dave all day boys in hawaii are repping your phrases!

Aloha from the 808 state. Im waiting for RTB4.

lol!! im glad im making my presence felt in hawaii!!!

dave pulcinella
04-08-2010, 10:28 AM

well done, joe!! youve done your homework!! lol!

dave pulcinella
04-08-2010, 10:30 AM
Wow, I don't know what to say except...thanks! We put a lot into them and I'm always glad to hear that people get a lot out of them.

"...it makes it easier for the average person to understand."

I hear that a lot! That's kind of what I set out to do, except I thought I was only doing for my family to see! Imagine my surprise when people in the BB community actually wanted to BUY it!! It was one of the biggest and best unexpected twists in my life.

unexpected twist in YOU life....!??!! hey! i got peeps in hawaii now!! lol!

Mike Pulcinella
04-08-2010, 11:32 AM
bo9dybuilders have gas.....thats what we do.....we fart......and we fart a lot. THATS whats up!! lol!

I can confirm that statement.

joe293
04-10-2010, 11:19 AM
well done, joe!! youve done your homework!! lol!

I've been competing since 84' and now when someone asks me diet advice I simply tell them to Google "six foods that work". Saves me time on explaining things for them. It always cracks me up because two weeks into the diet someone will call me and ask if they can add this or that to tuna? I tell them to buy RTB 1 & 2 so they WILL understand "tuna is a beverage". Shove it in your mouth and wash it down....lol !!!

I would also like to add that your condition for RTB 1 & 2 was sick. To be that ripped without looking flat and having paper thin skin was crazy. I shoot down a lot of keto diet arguments by pointing out how shredded you are and your theories on contest dieting.

JAR OF NATTY
04-16-2010, 10:30 AM
bananas maybe for digestion and replensing of liver glycogen?:dunno:

dave pulcinella
09-16-2010, 03:56 PM
Dave,iv'e watched RTB2+3(still waiting on the first one)-AWESOME and very inspirational/motivational movies!!-i was surprised to see Mark-sanjulliano(works out in my gym)in the second one....lol,anyway do you have a web site so i can contact you,was just inquiring about your consultation's.-thanks!!

www.pulseadvancednutrition.com

dave pulcinella
09-16-2010, 04:10 PM
I've been competing since 84' and now when someone asks me diet advice I simply tell them to Google "six foods that work". Saves me time on explaining things for them. It always cracks me up because two weeks into the diet someone will call me and ask if they can add this or that to tuna? I tell them to buy RTB 1 & 2 so they WILL understand "tuna is a beverage". Shove it in your mouth and wash it down....lol !!!

I would also like to add that your condition for RTB 1 & 2 was sick. To be that ripped without looking flat and having paper thin skin was crazy. I shoot down a lot of keto diet arguments by pointing out how shredded you are and your theories on contest dieting.

thanks! as a side note i want to say that i got that conditioned WITHOUT using any anti estrogens, t-3, t-4, clenbuterol, ephedrine, or any of that shit!! ever!! never used them!! i relied onmy diet and my stationary bike!

thanks so much for the kudos, bro!

dave pulcinella
09-16-2010, 04:11 PM
bananas maybe for digestion and replensing of liver glycogen?:dunno:

no banans!

Aaron Singerman
09-16-2010, 04:18 PM
Does sushi "work"?

ROTFLMAO
09-20-2010, 12:35 PM
I was strolling through youtube videos of pros commenting on nutrition. I came upon one, Mike Pulcinella, and he says there are 6 foods that will get you lean and big as possible. They are:

Chicken Breast
Tuna
Egg Whites
Bananas
Oatmeal
Brown rice/Sweet Potatoes (These two are interchangeable)

I found it interesting since this is his contest diet and gets extremely lean. I just have no idea how someone can get as lean as pros do with this in their arsenal of food.

Of course it could make sense if you time the nutrients correctly. Oatmeal at breakfast, bananas pre workout, whey post workout and post post workout the brown rice. Seems logical, but I'm not sure that it's going to get someone very lean especially with the lack of dietary fat.

What do you think?

get big get big
11-10-2010, 08:07 AM
Dave what does this 6 food eating schedule look like?

Quadsweep
12-05-2010, 07:56 AM

If anything variety is much better for you on both planes~ Not when it comes to comp. dieting. To much variety makes it too hard to track. I do about 8 foods. I do al the ones he does and beef and peppers....

dave pulcinella
12-05-2010, 03:55 PM
I was strolling through youtube videos of pros commenting on nutrition. I came upon one, Mike Pulcinella, and he says there are 6 foods that will get you lean and big as possible. They are:

Chicken Breast
Tuna
Egg Whites
Bananas
Oatmeal
Brown rice/Sweet Potatoes (These two are interchangeable)

I found it interesting since this is his contest diet and gets extremely lean. I just have no idea how someone can get as lean as pros do with this in their arsenal of food.

Of course it could make sense if you time the nutrients correctly. Oatmeal at breakfast, bananas pre workout, whey post workout and post post workout the brown rice. Seems logical, but I'm not sure that it's going to get someone very lean especially with the lack of dietary fat.

What do you think?

hi, this is dave pulcinella. mike is my brother and the filmmaker who did my raising the bar dvd's. im not sure i understand your confusion as to why these foods wouldnt work. where did this current notion that you need to take in tons of fats to get ripped come from? i here to tell you this: there are many many guys who dont get fully peeled as long as there are supplementary fats in their diets. period! happen to be one of them. pull the extra fats out the last few weeks and...bam...they are ripped. this is not true of everyone, of course. thats why there are different approaches for different people.

dave pulcinella
12-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Not when it comes to comp. dieting. To much variety makes it too hard to track. I do about 8 foods. I do al the ones he does and beef and peppers....

true story

dave pulcinella
12-08-2010, 05:59 PM
wow! that video made my family seem like saints! They were like tormenting him... ouch... I have to say if my family was like that bustng my balls constantly about food they wouldn't see me once the entire 12 weeks! I get the occasional under the breath stuff or why can't you just, more from people I'm not close to, but my family knows better now.. thats why I miss competing because no one can get offended when you say I'm training for a show... I feel stupid saying I can't I wanna be lean for Jamaica lol

lol!! great post!! yeah, my family sucked when it came to supporting me on this. then they wondered why i eventually stopped going to the family gathering when i was prepping. who needs it!?!? dieting is hard enough as it is!

L_Curtis20
12-13-2010, 07:49 AM
I will admit i had a friend of mine let me watch the RTB videos and i checked out this video on you tube of the six foods that work. ive been on this style diet for about a year now i started at 125 and now im sitting at 163 in about 8 months straight of dieting like this. its wored really well for me so kudos !

Big_P
12-13-2010, 05:11 PM
I will admit i had a friend of mine let me watch the RTB videos and i checked out this video on you tube of the six foods that work. ive been on this style diet for about a year now i started at 125 and now im sitting at 163 in about 8 months straight of dieting like this. its wored really well for me so kudos !

U do know that its designed for contest prep and not mass gaining right?

L_Curtis20
12-14-2010, 02:41 AM
U do know that its designed for contest prep and not mass gaining right?

yes i do but ive been sticking to clean eating habbits since i started this. when i get to england i plan on starting with amateur competitions i just choose to eat clean all year around.

Todd Lincoln
03-24-2013, 12:04 AM
Anyone have any recent thoughts or successes with the six foods? Has Dave changed any of his selections that last couple years? Is brown rice still interchangeable with sweet potato?