PDA

View Full Version : Protein ONLY

ezrollin
10-13-2009, 09:41 AM
What are some foods that are protein only or EXTREMELY close?

1) chicken
2) tuna
3) egg whites
4) protein powder

what else? thanks

tight booty
10-13-2009, 09:51 AM

1) chicken
2) tuna
3) egg whites
4) protein powder

what else? thanks
Red Meat
Nuts...I think, not 100% sure though...
Lentils

hrd
10-13-2009, 09:54 AM
Cottage cheese

Biggie973
10-13-2009, 11:24 AM
Tofu
Bison
Turkey
All type of Fish

ArabMuscle
10-13-2009, 11:52 AM
Red Meat
Lentils

Nuts are more fat-oriented than protein.
Lentils have more carbs and aren't considered whole proteins; they don't contain the full amino-acid spectrum. Nonetheless, Lentils is a great source of fiber (mixed in with rice to increase carb intake).

Mudpro69
10-13-2009, 11:55 AM
Lentils have more carbs and aren't considered whole proteins; they don't contain the full amino-acid spectrum. Nonetheless, Lentils is a great source of fiber (mixed in with rice to increase carb intake).

She's too busy interupting conversations to talk about herself to shut and learn any better....

ezrollin
10-13-2009, 09:07 PM
how come turkey is cheaper than alot of other meats but yet there is so little supply available? thanks

tight booty
10-13-2009, 09:35 PM
I have got an awesome lentil soup receipe. :p
Brazil nuts are really great if you want to kill a junk food craving. It works...I swear. ;)

kungfuprincess007
10-13-2009, 11:10 PM
I think fish has the highest protein count amoung the meats.

fitmomma3
10-13-2009, 11:17 PM
Red Meat
Lentils

Cottage cheeseProtein ONLY... huh? ummmm no.

fitmomma3
10-13-2009, 11:23 PM
I'd say 100% whey and egg whites are it for strict protein ONLY... everything else has trace fat but very minimal in chicken breast/ lean 99% turkey and white fish

Sledge
10-14-2009, 12:00 AM
I'd say 100% whey and egg whites are it for strict protein ONLY... everything else has trace fat but very minimal in chicken breast/ lean 99% turkey and white fish

Yep and even those have traces of other stuff.

Kangaroo is one of the highest meat protien sources but like all meats it has some fats and some carbs as well.

But generaly speaking for diet planning most of the things listed are considered Protiens as opposed to fats or carbs.

If your diet planning their are a bunch of online places that can help with macro ratios. Fitday.com is one of the top of my head but their are plenty of others.

AVBG
10-14-2009, 12:51 AM
Yep and even those have traces of other stuff.

Kangaroo is one of the highest meat protien sources but like all meats it has some fats and some carbs as well.

But generaly speaking for diet planning most of the things listed are considered Protiens as opposed to fats or carbs.

If your diet planning their are a bunch of online places that can help with macro ratios. Fitday.com is one of the top of my head but their are plenty of others.

Fitday.com is good stuff. thanks for the link.

tight booty
10-14-2009, 03:00 AM
Protein ONLY... huh? ummmm no.
I know that lentils isn't complete protein, however he was asking for protein options.

DAVIDHARDY
10-14-2009, 04:15 PM
I think fish has the highest protein count amoung the meats.

Depends on the fish. Red meat is higher in comparison, but it also has more fat. Chicken has nearly 9 grams per cooked ounce with only one gram of fat. Egg whites are the best protein only whole food. Lentils...come on now!

tight booty
10-14-2009, 11:11 PM
Send your Lentil Soup recipe to the newest and coolest IFBB Figure Pro, my mentor...KITTY KAT RAMIREZ!!! LOL! She LOVES lentils!:yep:
The best part is it's so quick to make.....only takes about 20 mins including prep. :p

tight booty
10-14-2009, 11:13 PM
Depends on the fish. Red meat is higher in comparison, but it also has more fat. Chicken has nearly 9 grams per cooked ounce with only one gram of fat. Egg whites are the best protein only whole food. Lentils...come on now!
It's good to get a variety of foods from all kinds of proteins. Complete protein is definitely the way to go though and whey is a must also. I would be a bit lost without my protein powder, especially since its snytha 6 and it feels like a treat more than food source.

Chev
10-15-2009, 05:13 PM
I always get hungry after reading this thread... :yep: