PDA

View Full Version : Mike and Paula's Journal of Life, Love and Ever-Changing Goals

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

gman
11-21-2009, 03:20 PM
Nice progress Mike!
hey, if you can workout you can do that Xtreme challenge.

thanks, MG! Yeah, I was just kidding on your thread...I am sure I could do the challenge, it would take me a long time, but I could do it! The question is, do I want to do it????? :p

No sneak attack guys. I am still here.

As I told Mike the other day, I am training my ass off and Eating right. I have more muscle on me than I ever have with an inch of my gut. I am not where i should be, but I have a game plan for that. i'm not worried

But you should be.:angry:

Knowing, you D....I am not taking you lightly, that's for damn sure.

bigdaddyd
11-21-2009, 03:25 PM

You know me well Grasshoppa

Down4whatever
11-21-2009, 03:27 PM

Me too, although there is not much else I can do; if there was, I'd be doing it, lol. Losing fat is such a slowwww process

bigdaddyd
11-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Me too, although there is not much else I can do; if there was, I'd be doing it, lol. Losing fat is such a slowwww process

I thought about using my electric carving knife to get some of the fat off, but my wife said I'd have to clean up the mess afterwards....so I put it away.

freebirdmac
11-21-2009, 03:35 PM
he's doing ok, just not posting much.

weird ass dream....or was it real?

so I guess I need to keep going and asking for the "turbo bed" ????

Something else made you wake up like that. What you saw was a dream.

Yep, keep using the turbo bed until you've built up a base. You could go a couple more times at 5 minutes before trying 6. Even go 3x a week.

Down4whatever
11-21-2009, 03:39 PM
I thought about using my electric carving knife to get some of the fat off, but my wife said I'd have to clean up the mess afterwards....so I put it away.

LOL, this is an option for my backfat (lovehandles).....:yep:

bigdaddyd
11-21-2009, 03:42 PM
LOL, this is an option for my backfat (lovehandles).....:yep:
it just might work

buckimscl
11-21-2009, 03:43 PM
Let me know how it turns out and I may try it myself.

Down4whatever
11-21-2009, 03:45 PM
it just might work

Let me know how it turns out and I may try it myself.

Don't touch the sides...................zap!

ok, lame 'Operation' game reference

bigdaddyd
11-21-2009, 03:46 PM
HAHAHAHA good one. I got it right away!

buckimscl
11-21-2009, 03:49 PM
Why can't you spot reduce????

Asmolenski
11-21-2009, 04:13 PM
I had the weirdest thing happen last night...and I know it happened for real because aftewards I went to the bathroom since I was up.

I have no idea if I was dreaming at the time, but I was sleeping on the couch because I am coughing pretty bad and didn't want to wake up my wife. All I remember is: I bolted from a sound sleep into a fully standing position in a paniced state...there was a yellowish cloud about eye level in front of me and I started hitting it with both hands, and it went away.

I don't normally believe in paranormal stuff, but this had me freaked for a while. My heart was racing for about 20 minutes.

Have no idea if I imagined it all or not.

OMG ... This stuff is just too good to make up! Did you cheat and have some carbs last night at the concert? Probably just some nasty carb farts...:hypno:

Dr Smo

freebirdmac
11-21-2009, 04:29 PM
Why can't you spot reduce????

If you could find a way to do that, you'd be rich beyond your wildest dreams :yep:

gman
11-21-2009, 05:00 PM
OMG ... This stuff is just too good to make up! Did you cheat and have some carbs last night at the concert? Probably just some nasty carb farts...:hypno:

Dr Smo

nope, nothing I ate....no carbs since last sunday's lasagna.

probably just lack of sleep, was up 4 hours past my normal bedtime.

damn good concert, Allen. I have never been to one where the main act played for 2 1/2 hours.

buckimscl
11-21-2009, 05:05 PM
If you could find a way to do that, you'd be rich beyond your wildest dreams :yep:
I have Free but the AMA wants me to go through all this training to be a plastic surgeon, too bad it's not cheaper. haha

gman
11-21-2009, 05:13 PM
I do recall a thing a few years back where the guy tried to do lipo in his garage on a friend...used a vacuum cleaner

buckimscl
11-21-2009, 05:18 PM
Owwwwwww

blu2xtreme
11-21-2009, 05:22 PM
I do recall a thing a few years back where the guy tried to do lipo in his garage on a friend...used a vacuum cleaner

I've heard other stories about guys and vacuums but this is a new one:p

gman
11-21-2009, 05:38 PM
I've heard other stories about guys and vacuums but this is a new one:p

wouldn't know what you are talking about ;)

blu2xtreme
11-21-2009, 05:56 PM
wouldn't know what you are talking about ;)

Must of saw it in the over 18 section...
not that I went there again after I realized your name is listed on
the bottom and everyone knows your in there:p

gman
11-21-2009, 06:33 PM
I don't know what you are talking about...what over 18 section?

gman
11-21-2009, 06:35 PM
i think I figured out what's got me coughing and congested.

leaf mold. I went out and raked leaves and used the blower and my throat was a lot more sore when I came in. Now I am all stuffed up...don't feel bad though, just a dry cough every 2-3 minutes

MsGuns
11-21-2009, 08:08 PM
leaf mold...wow
Im allergic to everything I should be living in a bubble...lol
I checked into a fancy hotel to celebrate my belated bday
www.hotelsorella.com (http://www.hotelsorella.com)
Tonight they are having their grand opening...free food and drinks.
I picked the best night!

blu2xtreme
11-22-2009, 12:42 AM
leaf mold...wow
Im allergic to everything I should be living in a bubble...lol
I checked into a fancy hotel to celebrate my belated bday
www.hotelsorella.com (http://www.hotelsorella.com)
Tonight they are having their grand opening...free food and drinks.
I picked the best night!

Way cool ...my friends and I do that locally sometimes it fun to get away ...even if it's your own city.
Did anyone special share the belated celebration;)

bigdaddyd
11-22-2009, 08:07 AM
Must of saw it in the over 18 section...
not that I went there again after I realized your name is listed on
the bottom and everyone knows your in there:p
That is funny. i don't care who sees my name. I gotta learn stuff somewhere

I just saw where some guys were killing people (overseas) and seeling their FAT for products. I'm thinking bloody hell....I got some you can take for free you dumb bastards.

Bob45
11-22-2009, 09:40 AM
I've never been to The Arnold. Are you staying all three days Mike? I'm thinking of going to watch this year. It would be fun to meet people from sites I have been on the past few years.

gman
11-22-2009, 10:12 AM
no, Bob....flying in late Thursday (11:45pm) and flying out Saturday morning. I was lucky to be able to take time off at all since I am a CPA and it will be the throes of tax season. you are welcome to come hang out with us for the contest and for dinner afterward!

I've never been to The Arnold. Are you staying all three days Mike? I'm thinking of going to watch this year. It would be fun to meet people from sites I have been on the past few years.

MsGuns
11-22-2009, 10:22 AM
Way cool ...my friends and I do that locally sometimes it fun to get away ...even if it's your own city.
Did anyone special share the belated celebration;)

Nope..:(
got a good's nice rest!

Now jammin to
http://www.adamofficial.com/us/home

gman
11-22-2009, 11:13 AM
saw the guy's pic and closed the window immediately...suppose I should go back and give him a chance, huh? lol

black nail polish on a guy is not my thing!

gman
11-22-2009, 11:15 AM
all right you versa grip cult members, would the classic ones be ok for me? My wife and I are making our lists.... $50 limit, so was trying to be a good boy...the classics are 40 and the pro model is 53.

I measured my wrist at 7 3/4" so I know I need large.

Damn I have some big wrists for a 5'8" guy.

freebirdmac
11-22-2009, 11:15 AM
Mike, do you take anything for allergies? Tried a nettie pot?

gman
11-22-2009, 11:21 AM
Mike, do you take anything for allergies? Tried a nettie pot?

I don't tend to have many allergies, so I don't even know what a nettie pot is...will google now!

Really, I get this same crap once or twice in the spring and fall. feels like a cold at first, with ear congestion and sore throat, but no nasal problems, then settles into just being a cough which worsens at night and gets better during the day. I always read allergy symptoms to include nasal symptoms, but I never get them.

so I am not sure it really is allergies or not.

gman
11-22-2009, 11:22 AM
i googled it, not sure I can do the saline up the nose thing. I guess I could try it and find out!

MsGuns
11-22-2009, 11:33 AM
Why dont men like using meds to help them feel better?

gman
11-22-2009, 11:36 AM
Why dont men like using meds to help them feel better?

oh, I do...here is my list of what I take on a daily basis:

Testosterone cream with dhea added
T4/T3 capsule
6 fish oils
2 zinc/copper
2 Centrum Silver
5000 IU of vitamin D
6 fiber tabs
2 100mg CO-Q10
2 500mg niacin tabs
1 high potency green tea extract

i bet i left something out.

theoretically I should never get sick or allergies with all the shit I am on...should be invincible, right?

MsGuns
11-22-2009, 11:38 AM
I can take all that and still will have allergies...lol

gman
11-22-2009, 11:46 AM
bad side of living in houston, humidity means mold means allergies

blu2xtreme
11-22-2009, 11:53 AM
all right you versa grip cult members, would the classic ones be ok for me? My wife and I are making our lists.... $50 limit, so was trying to be a good boy...the classics are 40 and the pro model is 53.

I measured my wrist at 7 3/4" so I know I need large.

Damn I have some big wrists for a 5'8" guy.

Not sure about the classic ...went with the pro cause Pam said so:p
I do really love them - they were the reason I did so well on my
assisted pull ups yesterday.
Big wrists mean you are suppose to be a big guy:)
I have tiny wrists so I should be petite - no one told my body that:p

freebirdmac
11-22-2009, 12:02 PM
Mike, get a prescription for generic Allegra. 60mg would be good as you can have more control over the dosage. I had allergy testing and only reacted to one ragweed and corn. Yet my body has all of the symptoms of being allergic to tons of stuff. Intolerances I suppose. Anyway, generic Allegra does wonders with no side effects. Your cough is most likely from post nasal drip. Which can lead to cough and upper respiratory crud. Why put up with it?

If you can't do the nettie pot then saline sprays after being exposed may help.

MsGuns
11-22-2009, 12:06 PM
bad side of living in houston, humidity means mold means allergies

tell me about it...
U of Houston Athletic Dept said I was the most expensive athlete...lol

gman
11-22-2009, 02:34 PM
Not sure about the classic ...went with the pro cause Pam said so:p
I do really love them - they were the reason I did so well on my
assisted pull ups yesterday.
Big wrists mean you are suppose to be a big guy:)
I have tiny wrists so I should be petite - no one told my body that:p

nobody told my body I was supposed to be big, either.

Mike, get a prescription for generic Allegra. 60mg would be good as you can have more control over the dosage. I had allergy testing and only reacted to one ragweed and corn. Yet my body has all of the symptoms of being allergic to tons of stuff. Intolerances I suppose. Anyway, generic Allegra does wonders with no side effects. Your cough is most likely from post nasal drip. Which can lead to cough and upper respiratory crud. Why put up with it?

If you can't do the nettie pot then saline sprays after being exposed may help.

I have a CVS right by my office, will walk over and look at allegra tomorrow. what is the secret ingredient it has that other otc things don't?

tell me about it...
U of Houston Athletic Dept said I was the most expensive athlete...lol

i have this only about 2 weeks in the spring and 2 weeks in the fall. It was a lot worse 10 years ago when I was totally out of shape.

freebirdmac
11-22-2009, 02:48 PM
I have a CVS right by my office, will walk over and look at allegra tomorrow. what is the secret ingredient it has that other otc things don't?

i have this only about 2 weeks in the spring and 2 weeks in the fall. It was a lot worse 10 years ago when I was totally out of shape.

Fexofenadine is a second generation allergy drug that doesn't cause the drowsiness that first generation drugs like benadryl do. It requires a prescription. You might find some relief using OTCs like Zyrtec or Claritin, I just don't think they work as well (low dose so they can be OTC) and I've had side effects from them. The generic prescription is pretty cheap. At 60mg you can take them twice a day, but I rarely find that necessary.

gman
11-22-2009, 02:51 PM
I will see if my doc will write me the scrip.

gman
11-22-2009, 02:55 PM
some hightlights of my hike...I walked 30 minutes out and turned around. Next time I will go an hour each way.

The path I took was a multiuse path, paved most of the way. I walked about 2 miles and reached another trail that was hardpacked dirt and gravel and 5 miles in length, but had to turn around. It will be nice to go bike riding with the family on these trails.

I parked in the parking lot of a shopping center, and the trail went through a nice neighborhood and then entered the state park. I took some pics of the walk. Just to let you know, this is all within 1/4 to 1/2 mile of the Atlantic Ocean.

typical view on path once I entered the park itself:

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/IMAG0105.jpg

gman
11-22-2009, 02:55 PM
damage from last weekend's nor'easter:

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/IMAG0103.jpg

gman
11-22-2009, 02:56 PM
spanish moss way far north of where it's supposed to be

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/IMAG0108.jpg

gman
11-22-2009, 02:56 PM
a bog, lots of water from last week's storm has not dried up yet

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/IMAG0107.jpg

gman
11-22-2009, 03:00 PM
very happy for my wife...she is down almost 10lbs in 3 weeks with zero exercise.

I am a little jealous, it has taken me 7 weeks to lose 12, and I lift and do cardio.

freebirdmac
11-22-2009, 03:06 PM
very happy for my wife...she is down almost 10lbs in 3 weeks with zero exercise.

I am a little jealous, it has taken me 7 weeks to lose 12, and I lift and do cardio.

Now you know the initial losses tend to be larger and almost all water :)

gman
11-22-2009, 03:07 PM
Now you know the initial losses tend to be larger and almost all water :)

i lost 2-3 the first week, so not buying it

just happy for her...me losing nudged her in the right direction!

next you are going to say the less you need to lose, the harder it is to lose it ;)

freebirdmac
11-22-2009, 03:26 PM
i lost 2-3 the first week, so not buying it

just happy for her...me losing nudged her in the right direction!

next you are going to say the less you need to lose, the harder it is to lose it ;)

Is she lifting weights? Did she jack her metabolism around before this diet? Wasn't she already eating a lot more carbs than you were?

It was mostly water for her. Bet you lost more fat.

gman
11-22-2009, 03:30 PM
she doesn't exercise at all yet.

probably was eating a lot more carbs than I was. I wasn't doing keto for a pretty long time, but I never did go to high on carbs even when not on keto.

blu2xtreme
11-22-2009, 03:44 PM
she doesn't exercise at all yet.

probably was eating a lot more carbs than I was. I wasn't doing keto for a pretty long time, but I never did go to high on carbs even when not on keto.

Get her exercising soon ...playing make up is hell at our age ...

I did light weights all the way through the the weight loss and still
didn't see good body changes until the heavier lifting came along

gman
11-22-2009, 05:03 PM
I will try, but she never has exercised so starting at 48 is going to be a tough sell.

freebirdmac
11-22-2009, 05:13 PM
I will try, but she never has exercised so starting at 48 is going to be a tough sell.

I started lifting at 48. Hadn't done anything for the previous 16 years. I was into tennis before that and was athletic growing up though. However, you can teach an old dog new tricks.

We'd love to have her around :)

gman
11-22-2009, 05:57 PM
there is a chance she will start cardio, but I don't think lifting is going to happen...

already have been told not to harp on her about her diet or exercise, she says it just makes her mad..she told me it has to come from within.

gman
11-22-2009, 06:08 PM
I am over keeping defurred, this truly is a pain in the ass. I am having to do it every other day, entire body.

I did give myself a buzz today on the head...really easy when you use a number 1 guard! Saves me $13 at the Hair Cuttery.

blu2xtreme
11-22-2009, 06:18 PM
I am over keeping defurred, this truly is a pain in the ass. I am having to do it every other day, entire body.

I did give myself a buzz today on the head...really easy when you use a number 1 guard! Saves me $13 at the Hair Cuttery.

Thought I told you boys not to use the term defurring anymore:p

Good job on buzzing your head :)

gman
11-22-2009, 06:22 PM
the head buzzing was too easy, I hardly got any hair...it's been at least 10-12 days since I got the number one buzz before. I figured I needed to do it every 7 days at that length, but it barely did anything!

I won't use defurred anymore, promise!

freebirdmac
11-22-2009, 06:23 PM
there is a chance she will start cardio, but I don't think lifting is going to happen...

already have been told not to harp on her about her diet or exercise, she says it just makes her mad..she told me it has to come from within.

She's right! Let her come to you.

gman
11-22-2009, 06:36 PM
I think me telling her subtly about how I was almost under 200 worked wonders. I was pretty slick on that, wasn't I?

freebirdmac
11-22-2009, 06:39 PM
I think me telling her subtly about how I was almost under 200 worked wonders. I was pretty slick on that, wasn't I?

Probably about as slick as an Acme anvil :D

gman
11-22-2009, 06:43 PM
she probably knew it was obvious, but since I was just stating a fact about myself, she couldn't get outwardly mad! hehehehe

bigdaddyd
11-22-2009, 07:22 PM
i googled it, not sure I can do the saline up the nose thing. I guess I could try it and find out!
Hey G. i couldn't use the nettie pot either. I couldn't tilt and pour. LOL. So I use a sinus rinse that is a bottle and you squeeze it up into your nose. You feel like your drowning but since I been doing it, i haven't had much allergy issues. My wife can't handle the drowning feeling......hmmm...I got some good jokes right there....I will let them slide.

gman
11-22-2009, 07:29 PM
I won't take the bait on the jokes...too easy.

Yeah, I have heard of those saline rinses, might get me one tomorrow and see if I can stand drowning.

blu2xtreme
11-22-2009, 07:31 PM
Hey G. i couldn't use the nettie pot either. I couldn't tilt and pour. LOL. So I use a sinus rinse that is a bottle and you squeeze it up into your nose. You feel like your drowning but since I been doing it, i haven't had much allergy issues. My wife can't handle the drowning feeling......hmmm...I got some good jokes right there....I will let them slide.

I won't take the bait on the jokes...too easy.

Yeah, I have heard of those saline rinses, might get me one tomorrow and see if I can stand drowning.

I am being very good lately so I won't bite on that either :no:

gman
11-22-2009, 07:32 PM
haha, bite, that's a good one.

blu2xtreme
11-22-2009, 07:35 PM
haha, bite, that's a good one.

I can be bad even when I'm being good:p

gman
11-22-2009, 07:36 PM
not me, I am always pure.

bigdaddyd
11-22-2009, 08:22 PM
^^^^lmao^^^^

gman
11-22-2009, 09:47 PM
going to try to do more of those long hikes...2 hours next time. that was so much fun.

gman
11-22-2009, 09:50 PM
to be honest, today I had a lot of doubts about whether I can finish this...I just don't feel good today about it. Hope I snap out.

Down4whatever
11-22-2009, 09:52 PM
going to try to do more of those long hikes...2 hours next time. that was so much fun.

Did you wear the HR monitor? Curious how high it got.

I consider my Sunday jaunts almost like a long hike....very refreshing for sure.

Down4whatever
11-22-2009, 09:53 PM
to be honest, today I had a lot of doubts about whether I can finish this...I just don't feel good today about it. Hope I snap out.

You and me both, bro.....snap back into it man. Make some changes to diet, that's what I HAD to do! I totally changed up eating for next week

blu2xtreme
11-22-2009, 09:53 PM

Before you know it you will be hooked and doing all day hikes.
I have some overnight back country hikes planned for spring, cant wait.:)

I love it as much as lifting ...could do it every weekend easy.

Oldsuperman
11-22-2009, 09:55 PM
Hey Mike. Checked out your pics! Nice work brother. Read Bill's critiques on your front double bi! Posing is a necessary bitch of a bodybuilders life. I have seen many a good bodybuilder lose as he let down in posing or didn't know how to show his work off!

blu2xtreme
11-22-2009, 09:55 PM

You have been amazing ...your just tired ...to much fun takes it's toll on you...I know - use to be all about fun:p

gman
11-22-2009, 10:01 PM
no, I think it's the opposite. It's too much like work and not enough fun.

I am getting great results for someone trying to do a one year cut, but I need to cut 30 lbs in 15 weeks, and I am nowhere near that pace yet. 7 weeks, down 11 lbs...good for someone not competing.

I have to either cut the calories or raise the cardio, or both, and I dread it.

gman
11-22-2009, 10:04 PM
Hey Mike. Checked out your pics! Nice work brother. Read Bill's critiques on your front double bi! Posing is a necessary bitch of a bodybuilders life. I have seen many a good bodybuilder lose as he let down in posing or didn't know how to show his work off!

thanks, Ed...I will start working on the posing more, I promise.

gman
11-22-2009, 10:07 PM
I think the biggest thing I am having trouble with is this: I am either eating, or thinking about how I wish I were eating. I am so hungry all the time, it never goes away.

gman
11-22-2009, 10:09 PM
going to try to start taking the meltdown 3x a day tomorrow...maybe it will help the hunger a little.

Down4whatever
11-22-2009, 10:19 PM
I think we're all having the same problems man.....the most conditioned one wins; not the one with the lowest BF. Maybe you will look the best with just another 20lbs gone--u never know.

I'm struggling with shitty real life; not so much with the hunger :hypno:

AnglicanBeachParty
11-22-2009, 10:24 PM

I'm having doubts tonight, too.

I'll post what I call my "Regress Photos" in my thread in a minute. I can't see any improvement in the way I look in the last 2 weeks. In fact, I may have slipped backwards a bit. :mad:

I don't so much doubt that I'll go through with it. I'm more doubting how good I'll look by March 5.

gman
11-22-2009, 10:55 PM
is it a moon phase or what?

let's all man up...shit

gman
11-22-2009, 11:06 PM
I don't so much doubt that I'll go through with it. I'm more doubting how good I'll look by March 5.
^^^^^^

this is exactly how I feel...no way in hell am I giving up, I just have my doubts how I will look in posing trunks.

it's coming off way too slow to make it by March, but I know if I do this for a whole year I will be ripped!

gman
11-23-2009, 12:46 AM
nyquil knocked me out for about an hour and a half, for the past 15 minutes I have been coughing non stop...getting really pissed.

no symptoms other than coughing now.

at my wit's end.

blu2xtreme
11-23-2009, 12:58 AM
nyquil knocked me out for about an hour and a half, for the past 15 minutes I have been coughing non stop...getting really pissed.

at my wit's end.

Take more nyquil ...just enough to coat your throat ...might be enough to slow down the coughing

gman
11-23-2009, 03:43 AM
might try that now...I fell asleep again but am up again at 3:30 coughing....

training is going to suck tomorrow with no rest.

TheTransformator
11-23-2009, 03:58 AM
Come on you all...the 5th of March is far far away...you'll all be in great shape...you'll hit certain plateaus...just break through them by changing things up...!

freebirdmac
11-23-2009, 05:17 AM

at my wit's end.

No wonder you're having doubts. Lack of sleep = fatigue = mood changes ---> doubts. You won't be as strong when you're fatigued.

gman
11-23-2009, 06:17 AM
thanks T and Pam...just got up and feel like I never slept..

sometimes I have great workouts on days like this...will report back in later and let you know.

buckimscl
11-23-2009, 06:44 AM
Hope the coughing thing clears up soon Bro!

blu2xtreme
11-23-2009, 09:16 AM
Hope your feeling better ...sucks to be sick :hugme:

gman
11-23-2009, 09:35 AM
Hope the coughing thing clears up soon Bro!

Hope your feeling better ...sucks to be sick :hugme:

not feeling too good after my training...I think a few cups of coffee will help...
thanks for worrying about me!

gman
11-23-2009, 09:44 AM
Leg day...not a good one. I did wear my hr monitor for Pam

Squats at 225: 10 8 8 8 heart rate ranged from 114-160

SLDL: 12/225 10/245 8/265 7/285 hr from 110-154

Lateral step ups with 75lb: 20 20 20 20 on each leg hr 110-160

Plie squats with 75 lb db: 20 20 20 hr 108-145

20 minutes on stair stepper, 130-135 avg heart rate

just trying to recover now...maybe I will feel better by lunchtime, I think it's mostly from a nyquil hangover.

this is the first time I have taken nyquil and not slept through the night!

gman
11-23-2009, 10:03 AM
i took this pic after I finished training, but stood too far from the mirror for you to see how exhausted I am...

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/IMAG0109-1.jpg

joedemarco
11-23-2009, 10:07 AM
You can still see that your abs are coming in nicely.

gman
11-23-2009, 10:12 AM
You can still see that your abs are coming in nicely.

thanks, Joe...I love the lighting in the Y locker room! It allows more muscle to show for some reason. just a very bright fluorescent light.

On the tanning, I have a little bit of light peeling on my chest, just below where the pecs end and the abs begin.

Going to go today and lay in the turbo bed for 6 minutes again.

gman
11-23-2009, 10:22 AM
14 and 1/2 weeks left guys, it's time to get fucking serious now.

I don't know about you guys, but I need to go 2lbs a week the rest of the way. I want to be fucking insanely shredded.

I am going to protein and vegetables only for a while.

BEAST MODE
11-23-2009, 10:24 AM
Nice training G! I find that Nyquil only works for me for 2 nights in a row...after that it does nothing.

gman
11-23-2009, 10:26 AM
Nice training G! I find that Nyquil only works for me for 2 nights in a row...after that it does nothing.

I am going to take some kind of sedative tonight...I can't go without sleep much longer or I will disintegrate.

Down4whatever
11-23-2009, 10:26 AM
14 and 1/2 weeks left guys, it's time to get fucking serious now.

I don't know about you guys, but I need to go 2lbs a week the rest of the way. I want to be fucking insanely shredded.

I am going to protein and vegetables only for a while.

I thought you already were doing that.....

gman
11-23-2009, 10:27 AM
I am hoping someone can tell me why I feel squats in my hammies and not my quads...is it because I use a wide stance with feet a little angled to the outside?

gman
11-23-2009, 10:28 AM
I thought you already were doing that.....

no, keto is protein and fat.

I am cutting the fat way down.

I am eating 75-100g of fat a day, and am going to go to 25 or less for a while. I didn't decide until I ate meal 2, so today it will be tough to stay under 25 since I am already at 19! lol

AnglicanBeachParty
11-23-2009, 10:40 AM
i took this pic after I finished training, but stood too far from the mirror for you to see how exhausted I am...

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/IMAG0109-1.jpg

The shadows tell all ... you are getting there!

gman
11-23-2009, 10:43 AM
thanks, ABP...I am obsessed too much with the side bars, I guess they will come off last.

buckimscl
11-23-2009, 10:52 AM
Good job Mike!

freebirdmac
11-23-2009, 10:58 AM
Mike, I really think dropping down that drastically is a bad move. Go to 75g and hold it there and up the cardio! You are leaning out faster than I think you realize. You also need to give your skin time to catch up. Some of what you are seeing, and not liking, may be more skin now than fat.

gman
11-23-2009, 11:01 AM
Mike, I really think dropping down that drastically is a bad move. Go to 75g and hold it there and up the cardio! You are leaning out faster than I think you realize. You also need to give your skin time to catch up. Some of what you are seeing, and not liking, may be more skin now than fat.

haven't figured out how I could be leaning out more when I am not losing wieght, but maybe I am doing what can't theoretically be done....adding muscle and losing fat at the same time.

what I am seeing can be seen best in the waist line in my front double bi shot or even more so in my front relaxed, on my sides. I am ecstatic about my tummy area, the sides are just loose and flabby still.

did you see my heart rate? I actually hit 160 a few times during my leg workout! Who needs intervals?

Asmolenski
11-23-2009, 11:30 AM
I am going to take some kind of sedative tonight...I can't go without sleep much longer or I will disintegrate.

Ok Mike - its time to relax a little and stop stressing yourself out. You are raising your cortisol levels which is causing trouble with sleep. Remember cortisol is a catabolic hormone which breaks down muscle and suppresses growth hormone. Sleep is when your body repairs itself and is why your body makes more growth hormone at night. If you don't calm down and start sleeping your are gonna piss away all your muscle. Cortisol also increases conversion of T4 to reverse T3 - so you are gonna slow down your metabolism and make it harder to burn fat. Get the picture?

Stop fixating on the scale and worrying about how many pounds you need to lose. Yeah it would be fantastic to come in at 4% body fat but that probably isn't gonna happen especially the first time you step on stage. Hell even at 8% you are gonna look damn good and nobody will be kicking sand in your face! Have faith that what you are doing is working and keep the course. Lay down and take a nap for 10-15 miniutes after lunch - even if you don't sleep just lay there in a dark room and close your eyes and try not to let your thoughts race.

30 minutes before you go to bed take 5 mg Melatonin. This stuff works and its dirt cheap! It will cause some vivid dreams and you may feel a little hung over in morning but that goes away after a while.

Dr Smo

freebirdmac
11-23-2009, 11:33 AM
haven't figured out how I could be leaning out more when I am not losing wieght, but maybe I am doing what can't theoretically be done....adding muscle and losing fat at the same time.

what I am seeing can be seen best in the waist line in my front double bi shot or even more so in my front relaxed, on my sides. I am ecstatic about my tummy area, the sides are just loose and flabby still.

did you see my heart rate? I actually hit 160 a few times during my leg workout! Who needs intervals?

Part of the problem with the scale is water. I think you're like a girl in that respect :) You may actually need a carb up day, like I think you're supposed to be having anyway, to get that "whoosh" effect and drop water. Even if you do need to speed up fat losses if you go to 25g of fat now, on low to zero carbs, you'll be so low on cals that you've got nowhere else to go later. It just seems to make more sense to stay at a fixed higher number, like 75, for a few weeks, then think about going to 50g. Adding more cardio would also give you more leeway in diet.

Yes! I saw the heart rate. That's the kind of thing I've been seeing in my workouts. And something you can take advantage of in constructing a workout routine. Which is why I was trying to push you into a multi-body part type of routine during your cut :) Anytime I change up my routine I see a bump of around 100 cals a workout for the first two weeks. Then it levels off. Even if I feel like I'm working just as intensely.

Down4whatever
11-23-2009, 11:37 AM
Ok Mike - its time to relax a little and stop stressing yourself out. You are raising your cortisol levels which is causing trouble with sleep. Remember cortisol is a catabolic hormone which breaks down muscle and suppresses growth hormone. Sleep is when your body repairs itself and is why your body makes more growth hormone at night. If you don't calm down and start sleeping your are gonna piss away all your muscle. Cortisol also increases conversion of T4 to reverse T3 - so you are gonna slow down your metabolism and make it harder to burn fat. Get the picture?

Stop fixating on the scale and worrying about how many pounds you need to lose. Yeah it would be fantastic to come in at 4% body fat but that probably isn't gonna happen especially the first time you step on stage. Hell even at 8% you are gonna look damn good and nobody will be kicking sand in your face! Have faith that what you are doing is working and keep the course. Lay down and take a nap for 10-15 miniutes after lunch - even if you don't sleep just lay there in a dark room and close your eyes and try not to let your thoughts race.

30 minutes before you go to bed take 5 mg Melatonin. This stuff works and its dirt cheap! It will cause some vivid dreams and you may feel a little hung over in morning but that goes away after a while.

Dr Smo

Great post! I needed to read this as I'm starting to stress as well. Let's chill and do work Mike!!!! Let the body do it's thing and we'll land where we land....either way, we're winners!

Baldiewonkanobi
11-23-2009, 11:39 AM

Dr Smo

BUMP

Listen to the Doc. And from your corner drug pusher....add some GABA and Glutamine Peptides...both cheap and aid with sleep and HGH release.

Sleep?? See my last post on my thread......

Baldie

freebirdmac
11-23-2009, 11:42 AM

Dr Smo

BUMP

Listen to the Doc. And from your corner drug pusher....add some GABA and Glutamine Peptides...both cheap and aid with sleep and HGH release.

Sleep?? See my last post on my thread......

Baldie

Thank goodness you guys are around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gman
11-23-2009, 11:45 AM
I will say, it's not so much stress that is causing me not to sleep, it's this damn cough. I was sleeping 7-8 hours a night until late last week.

I took melatonin for while with my old anti aging doctor, but as I recall, it did absolutely nothing for me. Maybe I wasn't taking enough.

Will stay the course....

Up the cardio and keep the calories around 2000 or a little more. I have to admit, even my eyes can see how much better I am looking. Gotta have patience....

If this little cold or allergy leaves soon, I will feel a lot better too. That will help a lot.

edit: I was cross posting with some of you... I promise no to stress too much. I am doing great, just want to do greater...the 10 year old, fat kid who got picked last just won't go away

bigdaddyd
11-23-2009, 11:45 AM
good job today considering you dont feel well.

Get better buddy

gman
11-23-2009, 11:49 AM
good job today considering you dont feel well.

Get better buddy

this shit will pass. This is exactly the same crap I get every time.

feel tired all day, but no cold symptoms, just occasional cough. As bedtime approaches, I develop a dry cough that I do ever30 seconds or so....all night long unless I sedate myself.

Never a runny nose, fever, or sore throat, just tired and coughing.

It has to be an allergy, but I looked up allergies and I should be having a lot more symptoms, so I have no idea what it is!

gman
11-23-2009, 11:57 AM
here is the 9 year old me...I still have the ghost of him haunting me...I got picked on a lot for being chubby.

this may help you guys understand why I am obsessing all the time...I know I shouldn't, but I do believe it is still in the back of my mind somewhere. It was friggin 40 years ago, so I need to get over it!

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/NAS_summer69-1-1.jpg

freebirdmac
11-23-2009, 12:11 PM
here is the 9 year old me...I still have the ghost of him haunting me...I got picked on a lot for being chubby.

this may help you guys understand why I am obsessing all the time...I know I shouldn't, but I do believe it is still in the back of my mind somewhere. It was friggin 40 years ago, so I need to get over it!

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/NAS_summer69-1-1.jpg

Geez Mike. I was expecting to see a *really* chubby kid. I think you were teased about it simply because it bothered you. Not because you were huge. You weren't huge!! Nowadays that kid would be downright skinny! :D

gman
11-23-2009, 12:13 PM
back in our day, that was pretty heavy! If my memory is correct I weighed about 130lbs when I was 9, and was about 5'2"...this is all pretty fuzzy.

I had to buy all my pants in the "husky" dept at Penney's at Military Circle Mall.

Never could find pants to fit anywhere else.

And you are right, I am sure I got teased because they knew it bothered me.

gman
11-23-2009, 01:48 PM
food today so far:

2 scoops of MetRx whey pre workout
2 scoops of MRP whey and 1 tbsp of pb post workout
for lunch, went with partners and I had a London Broil Salad, basically a big garden salad with strips of steak...used about an oz of balsamic vinaigrette on it. Yummy

buckimscl
11-23-2009, 01:51 PM
Food looks good bro!

gman
11-23-2009, 01:52 PM
Food looks good bro!

thanks, I am staying out of the nuts today as much as possible!

Down4whatever
11-23-2009, 01:54 PM
food today so far:

for lunch, went with partners and I had a London Broil Salad, basically a big garden salad with strips of steak...used about an oz of balsamic vinaigrette on it. Yummy

:drool::drool::drool::drool:

gman
11-23-2009, 01:55 PM
that salad was so good....can I say fucking good on here? Because it was.

buckimscl
11-23-2009, 02:14 PM
that salad was so good....can I say fucking good on here? Because it was.
Yes you can, it's your thread.

gman
11-23-2009, 02:20 PM
I am not a cussing man except on here, so it's all good!

gman
11-23-2009, 02:49 PM
I do have a major change in my mindset going on.

I have noticed just recently that I look better with no clothes on.

I used to look better with clothes on.

Not sure what the deep psychological theories would say about this, but at least it's a different mindset.

Baldiewonkanobi
11-23-2009, 02:49 PM
Now that's a dead on Baldie lunch....major atta boy. :drool: Now I'm fricken hungry as hell. 11:45am. The diner at the local private airport up the street has a chili omlette with sliced tomatos and a side of cottage cheese. They also have a large bar :no: which bothers the shit outta me. Those little Cessna toy planes and mini hellicopters take off right over my office.

Baldie looking skyward

bigdaddyd
11-23-2009, 03:14 PM
food today so far:

Now THAT is a good meal right there bro

gman
11-23-2009, 03:26 PM
I could eat that meal 5 times a day every day and not be tired of it...

Down4whatever
11-23-2009, 03:30 PM
I could eat that meal 5 times a day every day and not be tired of it...

Did the restaurant give you a calorie count and macro split? or are you just gonna guess at it?

gman
11-23-2009, 03:33 PM
going to have to guess.

I am going to guess high.

Down4whatever
11-23-2009, 03:34 PM
going to have to guess.

I am going to guess high.

That's how I always do it when I have to estimate

bigdaddyd
11-23-2009, 03:38 PM
It's funny, I thought i could eat steak everyday too until I put it back into rotation in my diet....not so much. Completely phsychological

gman
11-23-2009, 04:47 PM
after 4 meals

1,398 cal
57.1 f
50.1 c
183.5 p

gman
11-23-2009, 05:34 PM
left work at 5, and went by the tanning booth for 7 minutes

just got home. I am going to eat a quick supper and go to bed.

I hope to get 12 hours of sleep tonight.

Baldiewonkanobi
11-23-2009, 05:41 PM
:gn:

Baldie

gman
11-23-2009, 05:41 PM
thanks baldie...may not make it by six, lots of stuff going on at home.

gman
11-23-2009, 06:24 PM
totals for today

ate a big supper since I am going to bed early

2,042 cal
94.0 f
71.8 c
26 g fiber
242.6 p

bigdaddyd
11-23-2009, 06:24 PM
This is why I love my Ambien sometimes

gman
11-23-2009, 06:25 PM
This is why I love my Ambien sometimes

wish I had some.

will have to rely on double dose of nyquil or tylenol pm

do not have any melatonin yet

Asmolenski
11-23-2009, 11:20 PM
Looks like Mike is getting some sleep :)

gman
11-24-2009, 04:59 AM
Looks like Mike is getting some sleep :)

1 dose of nyquil did it tonight...I slept from 7 pm-5am...the most sleep I have had in years. Did not cough hardly at all.

A little groggy from the nyquil, but hopefully that will clear up quickly.

freebirdmac
11-24-2009, 05:09 AM
1 dose of nyquil did it tonight...I slept from 7 pm-5am...the most sleep I have had in years. Did not cough hardly at all.

A little groggy from the nyquil, but hopefully that will clear up quickly.

Yay! You could probably stand to do that again tonight. If possible.

gman
11-24-2009, 05:24 AM
Yay! You could probably stand to do that again tonight. If possible.

maybe not quite as early, but I should be able to go to bed by 9 or so. I was very lucky last night, the jets weren't out for some reason!

I am coughing a little, but not horribly.

I am really curious to see how chest day goes. Hopefully I can go 110%.

gman
11-24-2009, 05:33 AM
Not going to cut a flip and spit nickels, but I was 201.4 this morning!

freebirdmac
11-24-2009, 05:51 AM
Not going to cut a flip and spit nickels, but I was 201.4 this morning!

That's great!!! Sub-200 is around the corner :yep:

gman
11-24-2009, 06:02 AM
bust it another week or 10 days and only cheat on Thanksgiving at the actual sitdown meal, and I should be there!

Yes, this is motivation... having my weight start with a 1 will be so cool

gman
11-24-2009, 06:07 AM
this question got lost in the shuffle yesterday, but I thought of it again this morning when I woke up and realized my hams are sore as hell, but my quads feel like I did nothing.

Why do squats not cause my quads to hurt, ever? Even when I am doing them I do not feel it in my quads.

tifflex
11-24-2009, 06:17 AM
this question got lost in the shuffle yesterday, but I thought of it again this morning when I woke up and realized my hams are sore as hell, but my quads feel like I did nothing.

Why do squats not cause my quads to hurt, ever? Even when I am doing them I do not feel it in my quads.
Hi Mike:). I'm glad you're feeling well.

What type of stance are you using? Have you tried front squats to help isolate the quads?

buckimscl
11-24-2009, 06:35 AM
Good job on the weight loss!

Baldiewonkanobi
11-24-2009, 07:36 AM
A long hot sauna today will do 3 things:
1. realx your sore muskles
2. kill all remaining viral critters
3. put you below 200 on the scale if only for a short while. But maybeeeee for good...hmmmm.

Baldie

gman
11-24-2009, 09:39 AM
Hi Mike:). I'm glad you're feeling well.

What type of stance are you using? Have you tried front squats to help isolate the quads?

I always stand shoulder width with toes pointed slightly out. If I stand narrow I can't go deep enough.

Still haven't tried front squats. I will make sure I do them next leg day.

Good job on the weight loss!

Thanks, bucki

A long hot sauna today will do 3 things:
1. realx your sore muskles
2. kill all remaining viral critters
3. put you below 200 on the scale if only for a short while. But maybeeeee for good...hmmmm.

Baldie

I wish I had gotten your message before I went to the gym! There's always tomorrow for the sauna though!

gman
11-24-2009, 09:41 AM
chest day

Head down dips, bodyweight, deep as I could go: 25 18 16

Pushups on upside down bosu ball: 33 26 24

Fly machine: 8/130 7/130 8/130 6/130

Incline bb press: 9/155 7/155 6/155 6/155

Low to high cable flys: 11/60 12/60 11/60 12/60

DB pullovers: 12/85 12/85

45 minutes on stairstepper, heart rate between 143-148

BEAST MODE
11-24-2009, 09:44 AM
Nice work bro. Feeling rested today?

gman
11-24-2009, 09:52 AM
Nice work bro. Feeling rested today?

actually felt ok when I got up. starting to slip again now that I trained, but I will get over it!

It was weird to have a nyquil hangover, and then dump 3 scoops of Jack3d into my system. I felt groggy and extremely hyper at the same time during my workout.

BEAST MODE
11-24-2009, 10:01 AM
Haha, sounds like a fun workout!

gman
11-24-2009, 10:14 AM
wearing some nice horizontal courdoroy pants that I bought when I was skinny last time.

First time I have fit in them in a long time...you guys may not recognize me with clothes on.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/IMAG0111.jpg

gman
11-24-2009, 10:16 AM
Haha, sounds like a fun workout!

definitely felt schizophrenic

blu2xtreme
11-24-2009, 10:20 AM
wearing some nice horizontal courdoroy pants that I bought when I was skinny last time.

First time I have fit in them in a long time...you guys may not recognize me with clothes on.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/IMAG0111.jpg

You look great ..even with cloths on :)

gman
11-24-2009, 10:21 AM
You look great ..even with cloths on :)

I believe I will take that as a compliment! lol

Down4whatever
11-24-2009, 10:23 AM
Hey Mike! Who's the dude in the oversized shirt? :D

gman
11-24-2009, 10:32 AM
Hey Mike! Who's the dude in the oversized shirt? :D

I feel bad because it's just a large and it's loose.

Remember all the 170 lb guys on the other forum claiming to rip larges? I ain't one of them

Baldiewonkanobi
11-24-2009, 10:36 AM
Chit...I should have selected your music for ya today...Jefferson Airplane and "Alice". :p

"Mommy...what are upsidedown pills?"

Baldie

gman
11-24-2009, 10:38 AM
Chit...I should have selected your music for ya today...Jefferson Airplane and "Alice". :p

"Mommy...what are upsidedown pills?"

Baldie

never took acid, but today I think I found out what it would have felt like.

bigdaddyd
11-24-2009, 10:52 AM
Looking good G. Nice workout today.

gman
11-24-2009, 12:51 PM
Looking good G. Nice workout today.

Thanks, D

gman
11-24-2009, 12:52 PM
Meals so far

3 eggs, cup of egg whites, 6 fish oils

2 scoops of whey, 1 tbsp of pb

Starkist chunk light tuna pouch, 1 oz of almonds

1,058 cal
47.4 f
19.8 c
140.1 p

BEAST MODE
11-24-2009, 01:13 PM
Mike I hate being accountant today...I mean I hate it every day, but today especially.

gman
11-24-2009, 01:16 PM
accounting = hell

Down4whatever
11-24-2009, 01:24 PM
Mike, you ever tried or heard about this product? I'm thinking of giving it a go. From Chris Aceto's company.

https://secure.procardnutrition.com/images/nord_product_01.png

gman
11-24-2009, 01:55 PM
let me know how it works...right now, I am going to keep on the cardio bandwagon, it hasn't stalled out yet!

TheTransformator
11-24-2009, 01:59 PM
You're on a roll...G...keep rolling straight to victory...Gman...2010 Arnold Schwarznegger RX muscle Champion...!

freebirdmac
11-24-2009, 02:15 PM
I feel bad because it's just a large and it's loose.

Remember all the 170 lb guys on the other forum claiming to rip larges? I ain't one of them

They were talking about the irregular, mislabeled large shirts.

gman
11-24-2009, 02:18 PM
You're on a roll...G...keep rolling straight to victory...Gman...2010 Arnold Schwarznegger RX muscle Champion...!

Thanks, T...that has a great ring to it.

They were talking about the irregular, mislabeled large shirts.

I was thinking they were talking about boys' large

freebirdmac
11-24-2009, 03:04 PM
T
I was thinking they were talking about boys' large

Or their wife's :)

gman
11-24-2009, 03:07 PM
Or their wife's :)

or their daughter's:hypno:

gman
11-24-2009, 03:07 PM
hey, look at me in mid August, I think I have slimmed down just a tad!

Well, maybe a little more than just a tad. Probably 20 lbs

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/DSC00392.jpg

Down4whatever
11-24-2009, 03:13 PM

It also looks like you shaved off your underarm hair and attached it to your face :D

gman
11-24-2009, 03:15 PM
which chin did I attach it to?

That Bubba Keg in my hand had about 5 oz of rum and 20 Oz of pineapple-orange flavored water

Yummy

freebirdmac
11-24-2009, 03:16 PM

I remember a conversation we had... about staying on point, dropping cheats, and seeing results by Thanksgiving. You didn't think or want to give up those cheats. Yet you have done it!!! :yep:

gman
11-24-2009, 03:26 PM
I am being a good little boy, aren't I?

Doing cardio at 130+ is helping to, IMO

105-110 is worthless as a heart attack

bigdaddyd
11-24-2009, 04:07 PM
big difference in the pics there sonny boy

freebirdmac
11-24-2009, 04:09 PM
I'm damn proud of you!!!!

gman
11-24-2009, 04:17 PM
big difference in the pics there sonny boy

what's funny, at the time, I looked in the mirror and swear I didn't look that fat...I had some serious muscle going too. I was about 220 or so in that pic.

I can only imagine what another 15-20lbs is going to look like, if the first 20 was that big a difference

I'm damn proud of you!!!!

I appreciate all your encouragement and positive criticism....hell, even the negative criticism was deserved too.

AnglicanBeachParty
11-24-2009, 04:19 PM

That's what I have noticed, too.

I see guys walking around the little track in my company's fitness center, who I'm sure are not breaking 100 bpm. They aren't even walking, really. I'd call it ambling. I always wonder what effect they think they're getting from it.

gman
11-24-2009, 04:21 PM
the owner of the forum would respectfully disagree with us, but I know it didn't do shit for me. I was doing almost 2 hours a day of it to no avail

AnglicanBeachParty
11-24-2009, 04:22 PM
what's funny, at the time, I looked in the mirror and swear I didn't look that fat...I had some serious muscle going too. I was about 220 or so in that pic.

I can only imagine what another 15-20lbs is going to look like, if the first 20 was that big a difference

Looking at that pic in comparison with your current avatar, it is a dramatic change! Essentially, the human torso has a slightly trapezoidal shape ... but back then, the big end of your trapezoid was at the bottom ... now, it is clearly up top. This is huge!

tifflex
11-24-2009, 04:31 PM
I am being a good little boy, aren't I?

I track calories burned and average heart rate on the Precor elliptical and AMT machines. My goal is to meet or beat the calorie expenditure each time out. It keeps me honest and prevents boredom from setting in.

Fantastic progress Mike:yep:!

gman
11-24-2009, 04:34 PM
My way to beat boredom is to switch machines every couple of days.

I was on one of those fancy crosstraining type ellipticals the other day and it said I was burning 900 calories per hour...not sure that's even possible!

Thanks, Tiff.

gman
11-24-2009, 04:35 PM
Looking at that pic in comparison with your current avatar, it is a dramatic change! Essentially, the human torso has a slightly trapezoidal shape ... but back then, the big end of your trapezoid was at the bottom ... now, it is clearly up top. This is huge!

I was more of a rhombus in the beach pic!

Baldiewonkanobi
11-24-2009, 04:35 PM
The Nor product has my second fav legal :hypno:Speed:hypno: ....:hypno:Synephrine:hypno:. Now banned is my fav :hypno:Ephedrine:hypno:. I use a Met Rx product pre WO only found in truck stops, one of those little one shot bottles, that has :hypno:Synephrine:hypno:. The Met Rx sold in stores and on line is missing this gem.

The dude to your right in the pic has gyno BAD. Or is it my fuzzy screen?

Baldie

gman
11-24-2009, 04:37 PM
yeah, the VPX meltdown has that synephrine....I think I am going to start it up...I keep saying that, but I do have about 2 bottles left. I have been taking it only when I need a lift.

gman
11-24-2009, 04:49 PM
I have been super super strict today on my calories. I am so close to 200 now, I am not going to blow it at all anymore!

After 4 meals:

1,412 cal
64.5 fat
34.9 carb
178.2 protein

Down4whatever
11-24-2009, 04:50 PM
I went ahead and ordered the product and I ordered his Protein powder too--just to try it out. It's a bit expensive, but....

https://secure.procardnutrition.com/chooseItems.php

gman
11-24-2009, 06:51 PM
let me know how it works for you!

freebirdmac
11-24-2009, 06:51 PM

I appreciate all your encouragement and positive criticism....hell, even the negative criticism was deserved too.

Honestly, we knew you could do it. We were just waiting for you to know you could do it. Beating down the negative conversations that go on in your head isn't easy. I think it's harder than the diet itself. You're conquering a lot of stuff here :)

gman
11-24-2009, 06:52 PM
5 meals in the books, will have some london broil and broccoli at meal 6

so far

1,675 cal
74.5 fat
39.7 carb
214.7 protein

gman
11-24-2009, 06:53 PM
Honestly, we knew you could do it. We were just waiting for you to know you could do it. Beating down the negative conversations that go on in your head isn't easy. I think it's harder than the diet itself. You're conquering a lot of stuff here :)

you know me too well....it was in my head the whole time.

Once I figured out that it really isn't that hard, it's now working.

I also finally gave in to the fact that I have a great build for this sport. No more negativity.

freebirdmac
11-24-2009, 07:20 PM
you know me too well....it was in my head the whole time.

Once I figured out that it really isn't that hard, it's now working.

I also finally gave in to the fact that I have a great build for this sport. No more negativity.

You're not unique Mike. Well at least not in that way :) It's a common problem. Just look around at the overweight people you know. They go through a similar battle. And most lose the battle. It's a tough fight.

gman
11-24-2009, 07:30 PM
I am glad I have people to make me see what I do to myself sometimes.

Most people aren't so lucky.

It all comes down to eating less than you use. Everyone wants a "system"

freebirdmac
11-24-2009, 07:50 PM
I am glad I have people to make me see what I do to myself sometimes.

Most people aren't so lucky.

It all comes down to eating less than you use. Everyone wants a "system"

That doesn't work most times either. You can lead a horse to water... Face it, you are responsible for your success :)

gman
11-24-2009, 08:09 PM
That doesn't work most times either. You can lead a horse to water... Face it, you are responsible for your success :)

yes, I guess I am! It's nice to have a little help though.

gman
11-24-2009, 08:11 PM
I had 4 oz of london broil and a cup of broccoli for meal 6

totals for today were slightly low

1,920 cal
82.0 f
44.9 c
251.2 p

might slug a scoop of protein powder down before bed if I feel hungry..

gman
11-24-2009, 08:23 PM
sometimes it's good to remember where you came from

July 2005 at approximately 240, somehow my chiro saw a bodybuilder in there.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/beforefront.jpg

blu2xtreme
11-24-2009, 11:18 PM
sometimes it's good to remember where you came from

July 2005 at approximately 240, somehow my chiro saw a bodybuilder in there.

Always good to remember where we came from...and how hard we worked to get there :yep:

gman
11-25-2009, 09:46 AM
Always good to remember where we came from...and how hard we worked to get there :yep:

I never am going back to that guy!

gman
11-25-2009, 09:50 AM
Back day...another fitful night even with nyquil, woke up at 2 am and coughed for about an hour, took another small shot of nyquil and eventually passed out.

Not my best training ever. I kept having the TV turning off effect about 10 seconds after finishing each set (I don't know if anyone understands what I mean?). Struggled through and did cardio as best I could

3/4 deads, (not rack deads): 10/225 8/315 6/335 4/365

BB rows: 6/225 8/225 7/225 6/225

Underhand close grip chins: 8 8 6 6

BB Shrugs: 15/275 11/295 10/295

30 minutes on stairstepper, low 130's heart rate.

buckimscl
11-25-2009, 09:52 AM
Good job on the transformation bro!

BEAST MODE
11-25-2009, 09:54 AM
Good training G. I know what you mean about the TV thing. I get that occasionally if I'm really tired and still push it really hard.

gman
11-25-2009, 10:05 AM
I swear to God, I won't let this stop me from training...I don't feel that bad, what the fuck?

No fever, no runny nose, no sneezing. just fatigue and coughing, but coughing mostly at night.

bigdaddyd
11-25-2009, 10:07 AM
Meds? G...one of my new meds was giving me a bad dry cough. I had to stop taking it. Check out any meds you are taking for side effects.

gman
11-25-2009, 10:12 AM
I haven't started any meds lately, D

bigdaddyd
11-25-2009, 10:20 AM
OK, I got nothing

buckimscl
11-25-2009, 10:23 AM
Me too! I'm confused about the whole thing G.

bigdaddyd
11-25-2009, 10:24 AM
Maybe I missed it but have you seen the Dr.?

gman
11-25-2009, 10:25 AM
Mystery illness of the month....even Dr Smolenski hasn't ventured a guess yet.

my dad always called this kind of thing blucus

gman
11-25-2009, 10:26 AM
Maybe I missed it but have you seen the Dr.?

why? don't feel bad enough to...no congestion, no fever, no aches, no sore throat, no nausea

$50 copay

bigdaddyd
11-25-2009, 10:27 AM
Because the cough is going to drive you insane and could be a sign of something else

gman
11-25-2009, 10:30 AM
only at night, D...maybe cough once every 20 minutes during the day....I will go if it gets worse, I promise. I think the fact that I am lying down is letting something trickle into my throat and irritate it.

freebirdmac
11-25-2009, 10:30 AM
So you have some upper respiratory crud that's keeping you up at night. No mystery on the fatigue :) Maybe instead of nyquil try some cough meds. Heck I'd let you take a hit off my asthma inhaler before bed if we were closer.

buckimscl
11-25-2009, 10:31 AM
only at night, D...maybe cough once every 20 minutes during the day....I will go if it gets worse, I promise. I think the fact that I am lying down is letting something trickle into my throat and irritate it.
You take any antihistamine to dry things up at night?

bigdaddyd
11-25-2009, 10:34 AM
I definitely don't give OTC drug advice, but something to dry you up at night and during the day would probably help. any chance of asthma?

gman
11-25-2009, 10:35 AM
So you have some upper respiratory crud that's keeping you up at night. No mystery on the fatigue :) Maybe instead of nyquil try some cough meds. Heck I'd let you take a hit off my asthma inhaler before bed if we were closer.

could go get Primatene I guess...?

You take any antihistamine to dry things up at night?

since nyquil isn't working, I will try that. It's just weird that I don't feel congestion, but I obviously must have some if it drips at night!

bigdaddyd
11-25-2009, 10:37 AM
could go get Primatene I guess...?

OK, this one I know ALOT about. If you do not in fact have asthma, this will not be good for you. Primatene is crap. It really is. I can tell you actually true life stories that I have seen with the stuff from my football and soccer days. If you have asthma, you need to see a Dr. period. I know from personal experience and years of asthma study.

Anything that afflicts me or my family, I research the hell out of.

gman
11-25-2009, 10:38 AM
forgot to mention, I was 201.4 again, two days running now....apparently I am set there...next is 199!

gman
11-25-2009, 10:39 AM
OK, this one I know ALOT about. If you do not in fact have asthma, this will not be good for you. Primatene is crap. It really is. I can tell you actually true life stories that I have seen with the stuff for my football and soccer days. If you have asthma, you need to see a Dr. period. I know from personal experience and years of asthma study. Anything that afflicts me or my family, I research the hell out of.

don't have asthma, so I guess I will stay away.

I swear though, I just had a possible revelation...my daughter turned 11 last Tuesday and we got her a hamster...wonder if I am allergic to that little fuck.

I am not allergic to dogs or cats, so it's a long shot.

Down4whatever
11-25-2009, 10:40 AM

^^I got a funny visual of this......watching Mike and Pam looking like they're taking bong hits together, lol. :D

Down4whatever
11-25-2009, 10:40 AM
forgot to mention, I was 201.4 again, two days running now....apparently I am set there...next is 199!

That is AWESOME! I'm jealous :dunno:

bigdaddyd
11-25-2009, 10:41 AM
^^^lmao

BEAST MODE
Way to go on the weight G!

Pet dander is fucked up. I'm not allergic to dogs at all, but cats make me absolutely miserable w/in minutes of being around just one. Do you have direct contact w/ the hamster?

bigdaddyd
don't have asthma, so I guess I will stay away.

I swear though, I just had a possible revelation...my daughter turned 11 last Tuesday and we got her a hamster...wonder if I am allergic to that little fuck.

My one daughter is not allergic to anything.....but my birds. It can happen

buckimscl
11-25-2009, 10:42 AM
last Tuesday and we got her a hamster...wonder if I am allergic to that little fuck.

Dude, that could be it!!!! My son is not allergic to cats or anything else but is to dogs so I would guess you could be allergic to one and not another!

gman
11-25-2009, 10:45 AM
^^I got a funny visual of this......watching Mike and Pam looking like they're taking bong hits together, lol. :D

we are definitely the right age group for bong hits. I think I did that twice in my life though. Not saying I don't want to now, but I didn't much back then!

That is AWESOME! I'm jealous :dunno:

why jealous, you are 195? I am going to catch your ass though.

Way to go on the weight G!

Pet dander is fucked up. I'm not allergic to dogs at all, but cats make me absolutely miserable w/in minutes of being around just one. Do you have direct contact w/ the hamster?

no direct contact, plus we had hamsters before with my boys, and nothing. but you can develop allergies over the years. If I am allergic, it will be the first thing besides poison ivy that I am allergic to.

My one daughter is not allergic to anything.....but my birds. It can happen

Yes, the body is weird that way.

gman
11-25-2009, 10:46 AM
we will see. we are going to inlaws for thanksgiving, if I get better while we're gone, and worse again when we get back, I will know for sure.

buckimscl
11-25-2009, 10:50 AM
I predict the hamster will be finding a new home!

gman
11-25-2009, 10:59 AM
if my daughter has her way, it will be daddy finding a new home, not her hamster

freebirdmac
11-25-2009, 11:24 AM
No on the primatine.
Asthma meds can help nonasthmatics with some respiratory problems. One hit off an inhaler won't mess anything up and could help. Of course it's always better to do such things through a doc.

In addition to the antihistamines, some old fashioned Vick's vapor rub under the nose may also help.

gman
11-25-2009, 11:31 AM
vick's vapor rub brings back some early childhood memories of some kind of little machine my mom would put the vapor rub in at night, and it would mist out into the room. Maybe confusing two things, not sure.

I almost remember it clearly...am I imagining things, or does anyone else have this memory.

bamazav
11-25-2009, 11:37 AM
Subbed.

Hey, if you need help with pics (referring to earlier posts) I can run by and shoot a few.

Shadow
11-25-2009, 11:40 AM
vick's vapor rub brings back some early childhood memories of some kind of little machine my mom would put the vapor rub in at night, and it would mist out into the room. Maybe confusing two things, not sure.

I almost remember it clearly...am I imagining things, or does anyone else have this memory.

I remember that damn thing!

gman
11-25-2009, 11:42 AM
just don't read anything prior to this page! My irreverence is on full display!

Appreciate the offer and might take you up on it. My chiro, TJ, took some of the pics, but can't expect him to do it every week.

I am so close to 199, David, I vow to make it by Monday, even with Thanksgiving in between.

gman
11-25-2009, 11:44 AM
I remember that damn thing!

so I am not hallucinating. It was like a light blue color thing she would put warm water and vapor rub in it. I also remember sitting with it under my sheet and holding the sheet up like a tent while breathing in the mist.

I hope I don't need regressive analysis to get to the bottom of this repressed memory, or to find out whether it is all imaginary :p

Shadow
11-25-2009, 11:51 AM
Hahaha, that damn thing used to scare me for some reason.

gman
11-25-2009, 11:53 AM
I need to find one on ebay for whatever my current ailment is. I bet it would clear it up immediately

gman
11-25-2009, 11:59 AM
http://img1.classistatic.com/cps/kj/090726/443r2/26056cf_18.jpeg

Baldiewonkanobi
11-25-2009, 12:02 PM
The new age use of Vicks Vapo Run is to cote the feet and cover with fuzzy sweat socks at night. Breaks up congestion better than rubbing on the chest or below the nose. Your kids will LOVE it.

Grandpa Baldie knows......

gman
11-25-2009, 12:04 PM
But will I? I am the one who needs it! lol

Should I try it on my feet?

Baldiewonkanobi
11-25-2009, 12:04 PM
http://img1.classistatic.com/cps/kj/090726/443r2/26056cf_18.jpeg

My old Gfriend had one of those she called her 'Pocket Rocket'. Just about that size too.

Baldie