PDA

View Full Version : Mike and Paula's Journal of Life, Love and Ever-Changing Goals

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Down4whatever
01-14-2010, 10:24 AM
Man, I don't think I could do that protocal. I figure that after failing at front raises, I'd have nothing left for side raises since there's no rest and same weight :confused:

gman
01-14-2010, 10:28 AM
this one is over $400

http://www.bourbonstreetwineandspirits.com/images/bn/160/86008.jpg

freebirdmac
01-14-2010, 10:28 AM
Sounds like a fun circuit ...I will enjoy the burn today I am sure :yep:
Thanks Coach Mike

Paula is supposed to be bulking :hypno:

gman
01-14-2010, 10:29 AM
Man, I don't think I could do that protocal. I figure that after failing at front raises, I'd have nothing left for side raises since there's no rest and same weight :confused:

I used 25lbers and could hardly do 4 arnold presses in the 4th and 5th sets.

Mac
01-14-2010, 10:35 AM
More meat is a good idea. You burn calories digesting it that way. The powders don't take much to digest. Fat is supposed to slow it down but I doubt it is like digesting meat.

I got ripped eating rib-eye steaks twice a week. Good stuff. You need fats, it's the carbs that stick to me.

gman
01-14-2010, 10:36 AM
I will get ripped by not eating much, I think that's the only way that will work for me.

If my lbm has not decreased since my dexascan before the cut, I am still 11% bf.

Suckish, especially since no abs are showing yet...supposed to get them at 10% arent we?

I only need to lose 4 to be 10% and I don't think that will make abs show up

joedemarco
01-14-2010, 10:37 AM
Morning Mike...how's your day going?

gman
01-14-2010, 10:39 AM
Morning Mike...how's your day going?

good so far...just daydreaming so far...about not being a CPA anymore!

joedemarco
01-14-2010, 10:48 AM
good so far...just daydreaming so far...about not being a CPA anymore!

I hear ya....that's why a few years ago I had my mid life crisis, sold my chiropractic offices and went into the gym business...best thing I ever did!

Mac
01-14-2010, 10:49 AM
I will get ripped by not eating much, I think that's the only way that will work for me.

I was at 1800 calories a day, so I was always hungry. But I did a lot of cardio which I enjoyed actually. I was walk/running 5 miles a day, 4 times a week.

That's the only thing that worked well for me. Lots of BCAAs and anti-oxidant supps.

My abs started showing when I made them thicker using heavy ab exercises. I developed those creases down the middle like Dr. Joe has.

joedemarco
01-14-2010, 10:57 AM
I was at 1800 calories a day, so I was always hungry. But I did a lot of cardio which I enjoyed actually. I was walk/running 5 miles a day, 4 times a week.

That's the only thing that worked well for me. Lots of BCAAs and anti-oxidant supps.

My abs started showing when I made them thicker using heavy ab exercises. I developed those creases down the middle like Dr. Joe has.

I totally agree with Mac. I know it's common knowledge that you can't spot reduce fat. Therefore, you can't do 100's of sit-ups and think you are going to have a 6 pack if your body fat level is still to high. However, the thicker you can develop your abs, they will show through faster (and at a higher body fat level). Performing heavy ab exercises definitely helps this.

gman
01-14-2010, 11:01 AM
I heard that from my doc, too....I should listen to him

kneeling cable crunches tomorrow, I promise

AnglicanBeachParty
01-14-2010, 11:06 AM
I hear ya....that's why a few years ago I had my mid life crisis, sold my chiropractic offices and went into the gym business...best thing I ever did!

I, too, am kind of looking to exit my career and start a new one.

Gym ownerships tempts me somewhat, but I think the competition around here is pretty fierce. My wife is a certified personal trainer, specializing in "Senior Fitness", so I'm hoping to do something for my next career where we could work together.

Tentative Plan: My part is to look good enough at age 60 that I can attract clients to her business. Her part: all the training work. It sounds like a reasonable division of labor to me. ;)

gman
01-14-2010, 11:08 AM
I would love to open that supplement store, but I do not have 90k, nor the ability to borrow it. My home equity is not there anymore to tap! All I have is a roth IRA with about 35k in it...no savings of any kind other than that.

Mac
01-14-2010, 11:14 AM
I owned a small gym and sold supplements in the mid 80s. It was called the Sweat Shop.

I had everyone sign injury liability release forms, which is no guarantee it will hold up in court. When someone tripped over an EZ curl bar sitting across a bench and then fell to the floor, a 25lb plate that was on the bar, came off and took off the end of her middle finger.

When I looked at the cost of insurance, I closed the gym.

gman
01-14-2010, 11:33 AM
it's a damn shame what America has come to...liablity reform is desperately needed.

gman
01-14-2010, 11:34 AM
I am a little hyper and stressed out today from work and personal life. I am seriously considering eating a cheat meal. I have to stay strong and just say no.

gman
01-14-2010, 11:40 AM
Paula is supposed to be bulking :hypno:

she likes circuit on shoulder day!

she probably won't anymore after doing this one

blu2xtreme
01-14-2010, 11:44 AM
I am a little hyper and stressed out today from work and personal life. I am seriously considering eating a cheat meal. I have to stay strong and just say no.

Don't stress ...life always works out
I promise to eat more if you don't eat ...good deal:dunno:

she likes circuit on shoulder day!

she probably won't anymore after doing this one

I will love it :)

freebirdmac
01-14-2010, 11:47 AM
If you eat a cheat meal then you'll just stress about that too. It's not worth it!

gman
01-14-2010, 11:50 AM
Don't stress ...life always works out
I promise to eat more if you don't eat ...good deal:dunno:

I will love it :)

I am up to 1042 calories in only 3 meals, but it's all clean.

2 scoops whey
1 cup 1% cottage cheese
1 tbsp of better n peanut butter
1 oz of almonds
8 krill oil/pumpkin seed oil tabs
6 medium eggs.

I have 3 meals left and only 750 calories to spend.

looks like a long afternoon

The worst part is, I feel like I haven't eaten today

gman
01-14-2010, 11:52 AM
If you eat a cheat meal then you'll just stress about that too. It's not worth it!

I know, I will not cheat...but I am starving

AnglicanBeachParty
01-14-2010, 12:02 PM
Mike,

I've looked over the last umpteen pages of your Journal, to see what you've been eating.

My question: Don't you eat any meat? I practically live on chicken breasts. I know you were having tuna for a while, but no fish, beef, chicken. I'm curious as to your reasoning behind that.

gman
01-14-2010, 12:20 PM
I eat chicken sometimes or beef when my wife cooks it.

the real reason is I haven't gone shopping and have been too lazy to grill and package up stuff in containers.

Much easier to eat eggs and egg whites which I can whip up in a few minutes.

No excuse really.

Mac
01-14-2010, 12:21 PM
I am a little hyper and stressed out today from work and personal life.

This is your enemy! Take some time for stress management before cortisol eats away at yesterday's progress.

blu2xtreme
01-14-2010, 12:39 PM
This is your enemy! Take some time for stress management before cortisol eats away at yesterday's progress.

I agree ...stress is a killer
really messes with my body

freebirdmac
01-14-2010, 12:47 PM
Must be something in the air today Mike. I've already eaten 1/2c oats, coffee, tbs of sunflower butter, 2 clementines, 8oz chicken breast, 1/2 x-large sweet potato, and two yellow squashes. And I'm still hungry!!! Next meal is pre-workout at 3:30. :hypno:

gman
01-14-2010, 12:52 PM
It's because it got above 40 Pam, I am convinced! lol

I am going to go for a walk around the shopping center to work off some of this caffeine!

Capt_lou
01-14-2010, 12:53 PM
How about I have been trying to cut for the last 2 weeks and pretty much maintaining my weight, well I actually plugged everything into Fitday and it came out to 3700 calories lol. Well I guess that is my BASAL now and back down to 3100 a day for awhile with a couple cardio sessions thrown in.

Bob45
01-14-2010, 01:10 PM
How about I have been trying to cut for the last 2 weeks and pretty much maintaining my weight, well I actually plugged everything into Fitday and it came out to 3700 calories lol. Well I guess that is my BASAL now and back down to 3100 a day for awhile with a couple cardio sessions thrown in.

I'm worse. I've been tracking and only eating 2500 or less and not losing after 3 weeks. I was eating way more.

Mac
01-14-2010, 01:51 PM
I used Fitday for several months to get a good idea of exactly how much I was getting in my macro break downs and calories. I was surprised to see how much more it was than I thought.

gman
01-14-2010, 02:04 PM
holy crap...my trunks just arrived..how is one leg even going to fit in them?

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/photo-2.jpg

joedemarco
01-14-2010, 02:09 PM
You're an official bodybuilder now, Mike!

Down4whatever
01-14-2010, 02:11 PM

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/photo-2.jpg

Damn......I don't even think my left nut would fit in those :no:

gman
01-14-2010, 02:30 PM
I stretched them by hand in the back, and I am telling you, one cheek won't even fit even stretched out.

AnglicanBeachParty
01-14-2010, 02:39 PM
I used Fitday for several months to get a good idea of exactly how much I was getting in my macro break downs and calories. I was surprised to see how much more it was than I thought.

You sure got that right! I don't think I would have any problem eating 6000 calories a day, every day.

freebirdmac
01-14-2010, 02:40 PM
I stretched them by hand in the back, and I am telling you, one cheek won't even fit even stretched out.

There's some motivation for ya :D

AnglicanBeachParty
01-14-2010, 02:41 PM

I'm sure you'll fit in them.

Time for pictures!

:photo:

gman
01-14-2010, 02:45 PM
You sure got that right! I don't think I would have any problem eating 6000 calories a day, every day.

There's some motivation for ya :D

this is just not right to have those two posts back to back

I could eat zero calories until the show and they might fit

I'm sure you'll fit in them.

Time for pictures!

:photo:

I am thinking my daughter at 90lbs might fit in them....but not me

gman
01-14-2010, 02:56 PM
ok, I had to see...yes they fit...but if I get the least bit excited, they won't! lol

positives: they are cut so low, that even at my level of non-leanness, no love handles hanging over.

negatives: embarrassing as hell to wear them...lol. Also, severe tan line issues even though I wore briefs when tanning. I am up to 15 minutes for the rest of me and have no idea how to catch the newly exposed whiteness up to the rest of me without being in severe sunburn pain

Mac
01-14-2010, 03:05 PM
ok, I had to see...yes they fit...but if I get the least bit excited, they won't! lol

positives: they are cut so low, that even at my level of non-leanness, no love handles hanging over.

negatives: embarrassing as hell to wear them...lol. Also, severe tan line issues even though I wore briefs when tanning. I am up to 15 minutes for the rest of me and have no idea how to catch the newly exposed whiteness up to the rest of me without being in severe sunburn pain

You're not supposed to get that kind of excitement from BB contests.

Pro Tan is your friend.

gman
01-14-2010, 03:07 PM
I am thinking wear them in the booth for 5-7 minutes at first, switch to other underpants for the other 8-10 minutes...gradually move up

AnglicanBeachParty
01-14-2010, 03:07 PM
I am thinking my daughter at 90lbs might fit in them....but not me

Are you planning to order a larger size?

freebirdmac
01-14-2010, 03:13 PM

I warned you about the tan lines :)

Down4whatever
01-14-2010, 03:22 PM
Bright side: If you decide to get a bigger size, you can always use this pair as a mask and show up looking like a pro wrestler :D

gman
01-14-2010, 03:31 PM
Are you planning to order a larger size?

no.

Imagine they are supposed to fit people up to 215! holy hell

i snapped a pic for all my fans, it is not pretty

but at least I beat bucki, and I just got them...he has had his for at least a week!

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/NewImage.jpg

gman
01-14-2010, 03:32 PM
I warned you about the tan lines :)

yes you did...I had no idea these were half the size of tighty whities

Bright side: If you decide to get a bigger size, you can always use this pair as a mask and show up looking like a pro wrestler :D

not now, I wore them once...not going on my face!

Capt_lou
01-14-2010, 03:33 PM
no.

Imagine they are supposed to fit people up to 215! holy hell

but at least I beat bucki, and I just got them...he has had his for at least a week!

That is the scariest tan line I have ever seen. :run:

gman
01-14-2010, 03:34 PM
That is the scariest tan line I have ever seen. :run:

it's normal underwear, what the hell was I supposed to do! lol

don't even say tan nude.

not subjecting myself to harmful uv rays THERE!

freebirdmac
01-14-2010, 03:34 PM
Your sig under that pict....

AnglicanBeachParty
01-14-2010, 03:35 PM

The fit doesn't scare me at all ... tan lines are a bit more of a worry.

I remember the first time I tried on a pair of posing trunks. You just have no idea how small they are until that moment. The good news is, by being so small, they make the rest of you appear "hyooge"!

Capt_lou
01-14-2010, 03:36 PM
it's normal underwear, what the hell was I supposed to do! lol

don't even say tan nude.

not subjecting myself to harmful uv rays THERE!

I do....hoping for some gamma radiation and for it turn green. lol

gman
01-14-2010, 03:37 PM
Your sig under that pict....

I really really used to like you

gman
01-14-2010, 03:37 PM
The fit doesn't scare me at all ... tan lines are a bit more of a worry.

I remember the first time I tried on a pair of posing trunks. You just have no idea how small they are until that moment. The good news is, by being so small, they make the rest of you appear "hyooge"!

I am thinking of dropping out now I am getting so much shit! lol

At least one serious person....thanks ABP

You are right, no one prepared me for the shock of this...I swear to God, my daughter's panties are bigger than this

Down4whatever
01-14-2010, 03:39 PM
I am thinking of dropping out now I am getting so much shit! lol

At least one serious person....thanks ABP

You are right, no one prepared me for the shock of this...I swear to God, my daughter's panties are bigger than this

I shot panned out a bit would have been better, dawg

gman
01-14-2010, 03:40 PM
I shot panned out a bit would have been better, dawg

my arms are only 2 ft long, Matt

I did it in 30 seconds with my office door shut....shit, might as well close the journal down now and go cry

freebirdmac
01-14-2010, 03:42 PM
I really really used to like you

But I didn't laugh!!!!

Mac
01-14-2010, 03:43 PM
You're not a real man until you can get up on stage with just a pair of posing trunks.

gman
01-14-2010, 03:45 PM
But I didn't laugh!!!!

the truth hurts though...

You're not a real man until you can get up on stage with just a pair of posing trunks.

oh, I will mac...just need to lose 25 lbs by March 5

175 is too heavy for those trunks

Down4whatever
01-14-2010, 03:51 PM
my arms are only 2 ft long, Matt

I did it in 30 seconds with my office door shut....shit, might as well close the journal down now and go cry

Just giving you shit man. I forgot that all you have is cell phone camera. I think the fit is fine. It's just that a guy can't say, "wow, that looks great" without it sounding all homo with the shot you provided.

gman
01-14-2010, 03:52 PM
you would be lying anyway, so no big deal

I have work to do...I may eat 750 a day for the last 7 weeks

I will set up the tripod and do some pics tonight. Got to start posing anyway.

freebirdmac
01-14-2010, 03:57 PM
Mike you will look just fine! Get some color on the underexposed areas and you're good to go. You'll adjust to being in the trunks and seeing picts of yourself. No need to starve yourself. You'd lose too much muscle and would look like a skinny lifeguard!

gman
01-14-2010, 04:00 PM
It's scaring the hell out of me right now...maybe when I see some full body shots, I will be ok.

blu2xtreme
01-14-2010, 04:26 PM
Use some self tanners in the untanned areas until you catch up...told you to wear a thong when you tan:hypno:

Almost forgot to say ...I guess I got my close up;)

gman
01-14-2010, 04:28 PM
who has a thong lying around....really . I am not a homo lol

gman
01-14-2010, 04:31 PM
no more crying until full body pics. Tonight I will do them...might need to shave first haven't decided. I am at about 1/8" hair on my body...this shaving shit is getting old

Bob45
01-14-2010, 04:44 PM
Does anyone think light circuit training the rest of the way through is a mistake? I do. Fight to keep the muscle lifting heavy like you were. Do more fat burning cardio if you have to. Starving will get you nowhere. Get in the kitchen prepare some food eat the veges you hate. Remember diet is a huge part. If you are not lazy to go to the gym than you should be able to handle making some meat for a show.

Down4whatever
01-14-2010, 04:46 PM
no more crying until full body pics. Tonight I will do them...might need to shave first haven't decided. I am at about 1/8" hair on my body...this shaving shit is getting old

You gotta do the whole draw a warm bath, light some candles and put on some Yonni to do the shaving thing........then you'll look forward to it.....:hypno:

blu2xtreme
01-14-2010, 04:49 PM
You gotta do the whole draw a warm bath, light some candles and put on some Yonni to do the shaving thing........then you'll look forward to it.....:hypno:

That I would enjoy a video of ...lots of suds in the tub of course:hypno:

gman
01-14-2010, 05:22 PM
Does anyone think light circuit training the rest of the way through is a mistake? I do. Fight to keep the muscle lifting heavy like you were. Do more fat burning cardio if you have to. Starving will get you nowhere. Get in the kitchen prepare some food eat the veges you hate. Remember diet is a huge part. If you are not lazy to go to the gym than you should be able to handle making some meat for a show.

Old school is to increase reps and lower rest periods. they didn't even do cardio

I do need to eat meat and veggies, and I will cook a lot up this weekend.

I haven't not been eating meat for 12 weeks, don't get that impression! lol

gman
01-14-2010, 05:23 PM

I prefer David Gates and Bread

That I would enjoy a video of ...lots of suds in the tub of course:hypno:

somehow i think there is a fib in that sentence

blu2xtreme
01-14-2010, 05:29 PM
somehow i think there is a fib in that sentence

Ok skip the suds;)

gman
01-14-2010, 05:30 PM
Ok skip the suds;)

there, don't you feel better telling the truth?

gman
01-14-2010, 05:31 PM
Ok skip the suds;)

there, don't you feel better telling the truth? :p

gman
01-14-2010, 05:37 PM
how it posted twice, I have no idea...operator error

bodyhard
01-14-2010, 05:37 PM
there, don't you feel better telling the truth?

there, don't you feel better telling the truth? :p

This needed a double post? Dude you fucking slipping.

gman
01-14-2010, 05:39 PM

lack of carbs

bodyhard
01-14-2010, 05:40 PM
lack of carbs

In that case you are good to go :D

blu2xtreme
01-14-2010, 05:46 PM

or he really really wanted to make sure I felt better about telling the truth:p

bodyhard
01-14-2010, 06:33 PM
or he really really wanted to make sure I felt better about telling the truth:p

the only time I do a double take is when I see a phat ass on a hot bitch! :yep:

gman
01-14-2010, 08:17 PM
I am putting up pics in order to beat Bucki to the punch

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/frontdoublebi.jpg

gman
01-14-2010, 08:20 PM
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/frontdoublebi.jpg

freebirdmac
01-14-2010, 08:24 PM
Wow! Mike! You look like a bodybuilder! If you aren't happy with how you are leaning up and how you are looking then you should be shot! Awesome muscles popping out there, everywhere. Heavy low-rep abs should enhance your physique.

I must say the posing trunks make a big difference in your overall look. In a very good way :)

gman
01-14-2010, 08:24 PM
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/sidetri.jpg

gman
01-14-2010, 08:25 PM
Wow! Mike! You look like a bodybuilder! If you aren't happy with how you are leaning up and how you are looking then you should be shot! Awesome muscles popping out there, everywhere. Heavy low-rep abs should enhance your physique.

I must say the posing trunks make a big difference in your overall look. In a very good way :)

thanks, Pam...I really had no idea how lean I looked...it's awesome.

I will be doing the cable crunches tomorrow...promise

gman
01-14-2010, 08:26 PM
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/backdoublebi.jpg

gman
01-14-2010, 08:29 PM
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/sidechest.jpg

gman
01-14-2010, 08:29 PM
thanks to blu for prettying these up...I am pretty inept at that. Consider us even, blu

blu2xtreme
01-14-2010, 08:34 PM
thanks to blu for prettying these up...I am pretty inept at that. Consider us even, blu

It was worth to see how great you look:)
Amazing coach:drool::drool:

Bob45
01-14-2010, 08:42 PM
You had so many threads I am going to do it. This time you did it!

gman
01-14-2010, 08:44 PM
thanks bob, not quite there, but damn close!

Capt_lou
01-14-2010, 08:46 PM
Damn dude, last time I saw you you were on that other site complaining about not being able to lose weight....what the hell?

gman
01-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Damn dude, last time I saw you you were on that other site complaining about not being able to lose weight....what the hell?

I still complain, Lou! Right now I need to lose 18 more! lol 22 down, 18 to go...but I will settle for 10 more by the Arnold!

Asmolenski
01-14-2010, 09:10 PM
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/sidetri.jpg

Hey Mike --- somebody put a picture of Bruce Willis on your forum! Yippee-ki-yay Mother F**ker! Looking like a bodybuilder in my book.

Dr Smo

blu2xtreme
01-14-2010, 09:13 PM
Hey Mike --- somebody put a picture of Bruce Willis on your forum! Yippee-ki-yay Mother F**ker! Looking like a bodybuilder in my book.

Dr Smo

Damn ...your right he does :yep:

gman
01-14-2010, 09:15 PM

Dr Smo

thanks, Doc...for getting me on track and sticking with me

Damn ...your right he does :yep:

which, look like Bruce Willis or a bodybuilder?

blu2xtreme
01-14-2010, 09:31 PM
thanks, Doc...for getting me on track and sticking with me

which, look like Bruce Willis or a bodybuilder?

Both...a bodybuilding Bruce Willis :)

gman
01-14-2010, 09:33 PM
Both...a bodybuilding Bruce Willis :)

I will take either one, so both is a bonus!

gman
01-14-2010, 09:33 PM
one last dumb one

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/mostmuscular.jpg

gman
01-14-2010, 10:33 PM
I am in a show off mood...here is my pic from July 2005 when I was about 240 lbs...I have lost and gained weight several times since then, but this is the longest I have stayed on my program and it is working...I will never quit again. 190 is going to be by maximum off season weight.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/beforefront.jpg

bodyhard
01-14-2010, 10:39 PM
one last dumb one

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/mostmuscular.jpg

Fucking badass Mike! :udaman:You need to post these progress pics at bb.com lots of fucking doubters of you on that site, you need to shut their fucking mouths!

gman
01-14-2010, 10:44 PM
Fucking badass Mike! :udaman:You need to post these progress pics at bb.com lots of fucking doubters of you on that site, you need to shut their fucking mouths!

i already did John...in my bodyspace and in the over 40 men pic thread!

anywhere else I should do it? lol

bodyhard
01-14-2010, 11:34 PM
i already did John...in my bodyspace and in the over 40 men pic thread!

anywhere else I should do it? lol

I was referring to the OV35 where the traffic is more. I know a lot of people kept fucking with you including me, I don't think they will laugh at you anymore. You are looking better than a lot of them by far!!

gman
01-14-2010, 11:49 PM
just the main forum?...should I title it "to all the doubters"?

bodyhard
01-14-2010, 11:55 PM
just the main forum?...should I title it "to all the doubters"?

If it were me, hell yeah I would, but you are a little more conservative and you don't have many haters on that site, just people who wanted to help you then gave up on you.

I would tittle it more along the lines of "And they said it couldn't be done" Or some shit like that. That way you don't come off as cocky. Although you have every fucking right to be cocky!

blu2xtreme
01-15-2010, 12:06 AM
Although you have every fucking right to be cocky!

Yes he does :yep:

Baldiewonkanobi
01-15-2010, 05:22 AM
YouTube- Hannibal Smith - I love it when a plan comes together

Baldie

GirlyMuscle
01-15-2010, 06:55 AM
Dang, G! Looking good! You're certainly a bodybuilder in my book!

Mac
01-15-2010, 07:00 AM
Mike you're doing great. Keep up the hard work as it will pay-off in the end with the results you're looking for.

AnglicanBeachParty
01-15-2010, 08:18 AM
Looking great, Mike!

Down4whatever
01-15-2010, 08:45 AM
Mikey!!! Way to nail it man! I told you all you needed to do was pan out a bit! ......and you doubted me....pfft!

Bob45
01-15-2010, 09:15 AM
John's right start a new thread over there. Make sure the pics are in your journal too. There were a lot of doubters and ball busters. I had the same problem so I knew how it was. I knew you could do it. My turn next. I'm sure I have a lot of doubters too. When there is certain shit going on in your body there isn't much you can do until things are back to normal.

gman
01-15-2010, 09:44 AM
thanks for all the kind words everyone...I know I have come a long way, and I know I can get to Columbus much much better than this. I have 7 more weeks to get the abs!

I did post a thread on the other site, and in my journal over there..

esplendido
01-15-2010, 09:46 AM
PM sent!

gman
01-15-2010, 09:47 AM
Today I did arms

walked 2 miles to the Y

Kickback: 4 sets
Bodyweight dips: 4 sets to failure
Incline close grip bench: 2 sets

High pulley double bicep curls: 4 sets
EZ Bar standing curls: 4 sets
DB hammers: 2 sets

30 minutes of cardio

will walk home 2.5 miles tonight

Capt_lou
01-15-2010, 10:34 AM
Today I did arms

walked 2 miles to the Y

Kickback: 4 sets
Bodyweight dips: 4 sets to failure
Incline close grip bench: 2 sets

High pulley double bicep curls: 4 sets
EZ Bar standing curls: 4 sets
DB hammers: 2 sets

30 minutes of cardio

will walk home 2.5 miles tonight

Nice!

Thinking of changing my split just a little and doing just a arm day, but no idea how to fit it in yet.

gman
01-15-2010, 10:37 AM
got my split from esplendido last spring

M-legs
T-chest
W-back
Th-shoulders
Fr-arms
rest on weekends unless you want cardio

I really like the logic...rest two days, then do the hardest day when you are most rested!

Capt_lou
01-15-2010, 10:40 AM
I would love to do that but my rest days have to be Wed and Fri since I have my daughter those 2 days and is pretty much impossible for me to get to the gym.

blu2xtreme
01-15-2010, 10:41 AM
got my split from esplendido last spring

M-legs
T-chest
W-back
Th-shoulders
Fr-arms
rest on weekends unless you want cardio

I really like the logic...rest two days, then do the hardest day when you are most rested!

Great split ...love it
Hint ...I need my arm workout:)

joedemarco
01-15-2010, 10:59 AM
Wow, I don't think I ever saw a before picture. That pic from 2005 is like night and day to the ones you just posted! Great job, Mike!

blu2xtreme
01-15-2010, 11:05 AM
I would love to do that but my rest days have to be Wed and Fri since I have my daughter those 2 days and is pretty much impossible for me to get to the gym.

I can't do Monday - Fri
so we just moved the rest days
Works for me

Baldiewonkanobi
01-15-2010, 11:06 AM
Oh Mike can I add....those blue tighties are are are.....just

;) YOU ;)

Baldie

bodyhard
01-15-2010, 11:10 AM
Mike just saw your thread at the other site ohh how they come out of the woodwork! Feels good doesn't it?

There was this one guy who really kept fucking with me when I was in a wheel chair. He PMed me called me a cripple and said to me "that is what happens to wannabe tough guys, hope you remain a cripple" The amount of PM's I was getting from him where unreal.

When I started working out again and posted my video of me doing a 95lbs squat, he never EVER responded to me again.

gman
01-15-2010, 11:13 AM
Wow, I don't think I ever saw a before picture. That pic from 2005 is like night and day to the ones you just posted! Great job, Mike!

thanks, Joe...no getting around how obese and playing with fire I was then.

;) YOU ;)

Baldie

That blue looks good on me I must say...the trunks look purple in some lights.

Mike just saw your thread at the other site ohh how they come out of the woodwork! Feels good doesn't it?

There was this one guy who really kept fucking with me when I was in a wheel chair. He PMed me called me a cripple and said to me "that is what happens to wannabe tough guys, hope you remain a cripple" The amount of PM's I was getting from him where unreal.

When I started working out again and posted my video of me doing a 95lbs squat, he never EVER responded to me again.

I love how they give you so much love...but I noticed, none of the doubters have posted, like DBX and others.

blu2xtreme
01-15-2010, 11:16 AM

;) YOU ;)

Baldie

You know my feelings on Blue ...can't go wrong;)

bodyhard
01-15-2010, 11:29 AM
I love how they give you so much love...but I noticed, none of the doubters have posted, like DBX and others.

They will, if they don't that speaks volumes in itself.

Baldiewonkanobi
01-15-2010, 11:45 AM
DBX?? Good grief is that mo fo in here now?? :hypno:

Baldie

gman
01-15-2010, 11:52 AM
They will, if they don't that speaks volumes in itself.

Exactly

Baldie

no, I hope not, I think he is too busy running...I was referring to the other site...he always claimed I never followed the people's advice.

freebirdmac
01-15-2010, 12:31 PM
no, I hope not, I think he is too busy running...I was referring to the other site...he always claimed I never followed the people's advice.

Well, uh, you never followed mine :)

Bob45
01-15-2010, 12:39 PM
Baldie

Just talked to him on the phone for a long time last night. He sure is a great guy. I probably shouldn't spread that around and ruin his reputation, lol.

Bob45
01-15-2010, 12:45 PM

That is as bad as you can get! You are a rough city survivor and work your ass off to stay strong even after a crash. Am I getting mushy again? People just don't see a lot of things. You always seems to try to help from what I have read. Why sugar coat it?

gman
01-15-2010, 01:15 PM

you told me to eat more..it doesn't work when you are hypo ;)

gman
01-15-2010, 01:16 PM
Just talked to him on the phone for a long time last night. He sure is a great guy. I probably shouldn't spread that around and ruin his reputation, lol.

he really is a good guy, I talked to him about 3-4 times, but he always brought up when I would eat cottage cheese post workout when chocochick told me to eat whey.

WTF, when you are cutting it doesn't make a damn bit of difference.

Baldiewonkanobi
01-15-2010, 01:24 PM

He was one of the reasons I left BB.com He would go on the attack and knew jack.

Baldie

gman
01-15-2010, 01:25 PM

I still don't :hypno:

freebirdmac
01-15-2010, 02:09 PM
I still don't :hypno:

I told you more than just eat more. The advice depended on what you were doing at the time. I also had said to stop the cheats on the weekends :)

gman
01-15-2010, 02:10 PM
I told you more than just eat more. The advice depended on what you were doing at the time. I also had said to stop the cheats on the weekends :)

now, I did do that! And you were right!

You are a patient woman to keep telling me stuff...I finally listened to you at least some!

gman
01-15-2010, 02:11 PM
He was one of the reasons I left BB.com He would go on the attack and knew jack.

Baldie

Run, baldie, run

bodyhard
01-15-2010, 02:23 PM
That is as bad as you can get! You are a rough city survivor and work your ass off to stay strong even after a crash. Am I getting mushy again? People just don't see a lot of things. You always seems to try to help from what I have read. Why sugar coat it?

Nah man not mushy, I will let you know when you do, lol. I give advice and take it as well. I think people get upset when I tell them the truth, but why the fuck would you want someone to lie to you?

Baldie

Bill Kevin is kool I talk to him on a regular on the phone. We had our moments and I was really going to go to Atlanta for all the wrong reasons. He cursed me out over the phone and I wanted to see if he had the balls to do it in front of me, but after several conversations with him, he turned out to be a down to earth person..

Baldiewonkanobi
01-15-2010, 02:41 PM
Run, baldie, run:confused:

You cant pick your face but you can pick your friends and your nose. I got sick and tired of being challenged over at BB.com. I can stand my ground alright...in fact I can get rather brutal but that takes energy and time. And, not that I'm right 100% of the time and still can learn a trick or two, just that I don't HAVE the time. Time to me is precious. Right now its borrowed....

Baldie

gman
01-15-2010, 02:47 PM
i was referring to his running obsession! lol

but I do understand all you are saying about that place...bunch of wannabes, about 1% of which actually are bbers.

Capt_lou
01-15-2010, 02:52 PM
i was referring to his running obsession! lol

but I do understand all you are saying about that place...bunch of wannabes, about 1% of which actually are bbers.

Which is why I never post in the main part of the OV35 anymore, bunch of assholes that read something on the internet then claim it as fucking gospel. Place might as well be called wannbefit.com

gman
01-15-2010, 02:55 PM
it should be called, sellingsupplementsatallcosts.com

Bob45
01-15-2010, 03:11 PM
:confused:

You cant pick your face but you can pick your friends and your nose. I got sick and tired of being challenged over at BB.com. I can stand my ground alright...in fact I can get rather brutal but that takes energy and time. And, not that I'm right 100% of the time and still can learn a trick or two, just that I don't HAVE the time. Time to me is precious. Right now its borrowed....

Baldie

There is a totaly different crew and attitude here. I didn't start a journal over there. I just wasn't comfortable doing it anymore. No one wants to be challenged at everything is right. I write down what I do and did. If no one likes it they don't have to read it. Everyone trying to follow the leader sure doesn't cut it. We all respond to things different. Many opinions work good. You can try what fits you.

Bob45
01-15-2010, 03:14 PM
Which is why I never post in the main part of the OV35 anymore, bunch of assholes that read something on the internet then claim it as fucking gospel. Place might as well be called wannbefit.com

I've been posting here and there over there. I am poet and I didn't even know it. No one wants to hear from the non so called popular guys.

bodyhard
01-15-2010, 04:12 PM
Great progress...the arms are showing detail and the legs are just crazy (in a good way). Take a good look folks...this is bodybuilding.

Quoted from the other site, this shit is priceless man! What I told you Mike?

jscan1
01-15-2010, 05:41 PM
Nice work you and I have wrapped a few times at the "other" site, I too have gotton pretty discouraged over there, I so far have really been enjoying the Natty forum over here. Your progress is great, it seems to parralel mine. Currently training for first 2 shows mid May and end of May. Its crazy when you start dieting for competition you realize how lean you need to get and how much weight really needs to come off

gman
01-15-2010, 05:49 PM
Quoted from the other site, this shit is priceless man! What I told you Mike?

coming out of the closet arent' they?

Nice work you and I have wrapped a few times at the "other" site, I too have gotton pretty discouraged over there, I so far have really been enjoying the Natty forum over here. Your progress is great, it seems to parralel mine. Currently training for first 2 shows mid May and end of May. Its crazy when you start dieting for competition you realize how lean you need to get and how much weight really needs to come off

that's cool jscan. let's keep in touch about it.

I understand the weight thing. I feel pretty skinny already and I need to lose 14 lbs to get to 5% bf!

jscan1
01-15-2010, 05:55 PM
coming out of the closet arent' they?

that's cool jscan. let's keep in touch about it.

I understand the weight thing. I feel pretty skinny already and I need to lose 14 lbs to get to 5% bf!

I was 193 this morning hell when I graduated high school I think I was 185) Calipers say bodyfat is 10 and change but think it is optimistic figure come May I'll be stage ready between 175 and 180. How much Cardio does Dave Have you up too? I just put my Mt. Bike on a bike trainer and put it in my office as soon as I drag my sorry ass to work in the morning I clear emails then ride this week did 3 20 minute rides in the morning in addition to my normal after workout 40 minutes, Have a feeling its gonna have to increase to get as lean as I want

gman
01-15-2010, 07:06 PM
I am not working with Dave yet...maybe for my first show in August, but this is me so far this time....esplendido is helping me with diet for the last bit.

I am doing cardio like this:
M-F walk 2 miles to gym, lift, do 45 min of cardio, walk 1/4 mile to work, then walk 2.5 miles home
S-Su do cardio or hike

freebirdmac
01-15-2010, 07:18 PM
I never kept a journal at the other place either. I never could see getting anything out of it. I spent most of my time, and still do, with these under eating getting no where women. I like the smaller traffic, higher quality responses here. Well, most of them anyway :)

blu2xtreme
01-15-2010, 07:54 PM
I never kept a journal at the other place either. I never could see getting anything out of it. I spent most of my time, and still do, with these under eating getting no where women. I like the smaller traffic, higher quality responses here. Well, most of them anyway :)

I hate those under eating women:p

Hey I ate 4 times already today:)

gman
01-15-2010, 07:56 PM
I hate those under eating women:p

Hey I ate 4 times already today:)

seriously? pics or it didn't happen! :p

gman
01-15-2010, 07:58 PM
I am here to give a ringing endorsement of the Head Blade...start to finish was less than 10 minutes

Here is a pic. Lather your head up, stick your middle finger through the ring, and roll the car over your scalp, no pressure needed.

http://www.headblade.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/HB_sport.jpg

freebirdmac
01-15-2010, 07:59 PM

No kidding! And I've broken 2000 cals the past two days!

blu2xtreme
01-15-2010, 08:17 PM

No kidding! And I've broken 2000 cals the past two days!

You guys are funny
Love ya :hmn:

Shooting for 6 meals today
Only 5 pm here so it's doable :yep:

gman
01-15-2010, 08:22 PM
You guys are funny
Love ya :hmn:

Shooting for 6 meals today
Only 5 pm here so it's doable :yep:

just giving you some shit...we are actually proud of you

gman
01-15-2010, 08:23 PM
wait, is this my journal or Blu's? I am getting confused

gman
01-15-2010, 08:27 PM

here is an even more astonishing before pic, Joe...I was only 31 in this one:

http://forums.rxmuscle.com/picture.php?albumid=312&pictureid=2980

freebirdmac
01-15-2010, 08:30 PM
You look younger now Mike!

blu2xtreme
01-15-2010, 08:32 PM
Hard to believe that was you :no:

.... and thanks for sharing your journal:)

gman
01-15-2010, 08:33 PM
I know, it's weird...I looked like a 45 year old as a 31 year old.

Not sure how old I look now, but it's 40 ish I would say.

gman
01-15-2010, 08:34 PM
Hard to believe that was you :no:

.... and thanks for sharing your journal:)

I am just happy I have womenz posting a lot!

blu2xtreme
01-15-2010, 08:50 PM
I am just happy I have womenz posting a lot!

You such a geek :p
Cute geek ...but still a geek;)

I would say you look a good 10 years younger so about 38

gman
01-15-2010, 10:08 PM
geeks rule

gman
01-15-2010, 10:15 PM
well, since starting to walk to and from work at the turn of the year to get extra calories burnt in addition to my normal postworkout cardio, I have lost a grand total of .8 lbs.

whopping .4 lbs per week...

I am starting on a same thing every day diet tomorrow...esplendido helped me out with it. I will be eating the same things every day until told otherwise. stuff I knew I needed to start eating, no big surprises...this will get me where I need to be.

blu2xtreme
01-15-2010, 10:51 PM
You will get there ...your in the zone this time around
No stopping you from your dreams:)

Baldiewonkanobi
01-16-2010, 07:47 AM
Mike with some of us men our nutts drop later on in life and we can suddenly pee standing. You came into your prime at 45. Who knew?

Over the years I have seen this with 40+ men who get into training. They were, to use a 1-10 scale, a 5, married to a 5. Then POW they became an 8+ with Bodybuilding. (seen it with women also) Now you have an 8+ man and a chunkster 5 wife or an 8+ woman and a chunkster 5 husband.

Oh oh

Baldie

gman
01-16-2010, 07:55 AM
You will get there ...your in the zone this time around
No stopping you from your dreams:)

I know, dreams are free, and they can come true.

Mike with some of us men our nutts drop later on in life and we can suddenly pee standing. You came into your prime at 45. Who knew?

Over the years I have seen this with 40+ men who get into training. They were, to use a 1-10 scale, a 5, married to a 5. Then POW they became an 8+ with Bodybuilding. (seen it with women also) Now you have an 8+ man and a chunkster 5 wife or an 8+ woman and a chunkster 5 husband.

Oh oh

Baldie

oh oh, I see it all the time. I saw it even at the Nationals last year...guy or girl competitor ripped to shreds and a significant other who let's just say, was not.

can be a stressful time

gman
01-16-2010, 08:00 AM
anyone know how to convert egg whites in a pint carton? I need to eat 10 egg whites...is that a whole carton?

buckimscl
01-16-2010, 08:05 AM
Not sure about the egg whites but wanted to drop in and say good morning.

Mac
01-16-2010, 08:10 AM
anyone know how to convert egg whites in a pint carton? I need to eat 10 egg whites...is that a whole carton?

My cartons of eggs have 18 eggs in them. Are these small, medium or large?

Eat the whole freakin' egg, you're wasting the best part of it.

buckimscl
01-16-2010, 08:41 AM
My cartons of eggs have 18 eggs in them. Are these small, medium or large?

Eat the whole freakin' egg, you're wasting the best part of it.
I agree!!

gman
01-16-2010, 08:44 AM
No this is part of the plan. 2 eggs and 10 egg whites for breakfast. I bought pint cartons of egg whites. Just don't know how many egg whites in a pint

buckimscl
01-16-2010, 08:46 AM
The ones I get are 50grams of pro for two cups of egg whites.

gman
01-16-2010, 08:56 AM
I guess I do that. However much I need to get ten eggs worth of protein!

Thanks bucki

blu2xtreme
01-16-2010, 08:59 AM
Mike the reg. eggs in a carton tells the what it is equivalent to doesn't the egg whites?

Baldie ...you are a very insightful man
that was at least a contributing factor to the end of my marriage
but looking back I now realize that it was actually the reason my change took so long to occur

blu2xtreme
01-16-2010, 09:03 AM
3 T equals one egg white

gman
01-16-2010, 09:16 AM
I saw that. Wasn't sure. That would mean I eat the whole carton plus two eggs. Over 400 cals in one meal. It is meal one before lifting so I guess it's fine!

buckimscl
01-16-2010, 09:18 AM
Eat big=Get big

Bob45
01-16-2010, 09:26 AM
It's good have you someone that is going to help you with the diet. That is a tough thing to get right. Two eggs sounds good. That will give you some fat. The fat helps break down fat.

gman
01-16-2010, 09:30 AM
Trying to get small bucki. Big comes after lean!

Mac
01-16-2010, 09:31 AM
It's good have you someone that is going to help you with the diet. That is a tough thing to get right. Two eggs sounds good. That will give you some fat. The fat helps break down fat.

There's protein and GOOD stuff in the yolks. Do not worry about the cholesterol myth, it's overrated.

Baldiewonkanobi
01-16-2010, 10:40 AM
Baldie ...you are a very insightful man
that was at least a contributing factor to the end of my marriage
but looking back I now realize that it was actually the reason my change took so long to occur

See....now you want no less than to 'dance' belly to belly with a six pack up against you.

Baldie

blu2xtreme
01-16-2010, 10:45 AM
See....now you want no less than to 'dance' belly to belly with a six pack up against you.

Baldie

At least a four pack;)
...much better then a beer belly from a 18 pack:hypno:

Bob45
01-16-2010, 10:52 AM
There's protein and GOOD stuff in the yolks. Do not worry about the cholesterol myth, it's overrated.

I sure am not as experienced as you but... if he ate 12 eggs that would be a 1000+ calorie meal. He's trying to cut for a show. He doesn't have a ton of LBM to handle that. What do you think?

Mac
01-16-2010, 10:54 AM
I sure am not as experienced as you but... if he ate 12 eggs that would be a 1000+ calorie meal. He's trying to cut for a show. He doesn't have a ton of LBM to handle that. What do you think?

4-5 eggs, certainly not 12.

Baldiewonkanobi
01-16-2010, 11:09 AM
I never count calories...ever. So I had to Google a calorie counter and came up with 160 calories for 2 whole eggs and 210 calories for 10 whites only. 370 total. Thats but a fart (egg fart) in a hurricane.

Baldie

Bob45
01-16-2010, 11:19 AM
4-5 eggs, certainly not 12.

Sounds a lot better for sure. Since we all have different thoughts on food he would go nuts trying to listen to everyone. The guy he has looks pretty qualified to me.

I never count calories...ever. So I had to Google a calorie counter and came up with 160 calories for 2 whole eggs and 210 calories for 10 whites only. 370 total. Thats but a fart (egg fart) in a hurricane.

Baldie

I was just saying that because Mac said eat whole eggs and no whites. He was eating 12. 12 x around 90 is a lot.

gman
01-16-2010, 11:54 AM
yeah, I will do exactly as told the rest of the way! I may have left something out as I do not have the sheet with me

as near as I can figure my macros will be

1,850 cal
50 f
45 c
300 p

kicker
01-16-2010, 11:58 AM
Hey Mike! Keep up the good work. You're doin' great!

freebirdmac
01-16-2010, 12:00 PM
yeah, I will do exactly as told the rest of the way! I may have left something out as I do not have the sheet with me

as near as I can figure my macros will be

1,850 cal
50 f
45 c
300 p

Not bad at all.

DBowden
01-16-2010, 12:03 PM

Yeah,
It's more genetics than diet as to what causes cholesterol issues.

gman
01-16-2010, 12:09 PM
I used to eat 10 a day on Palumbo's diet, had the best hdl of my life. But way too many calories!

gman
01-16-2010, 12:18 PM
time to get boring...boring will work really well. I like knowing when I wake up what I am going to eat that day.

Baldiewonkanobi
01-16-2010, 12:31 PM
I am here to give a ringing endorsement of the Head Blade...start to finish was less than 10 minutes

Here is a pic. Lather your head up, stick your middle finger through the ring, and roll the car over your scalp, no pressure needed.

http://www.headblade.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/HB_sport.jpg
Ahh come on...really. You jest Mike. Be honest, what size batteries does it use?

Baldie

tifflex
01-16-2010, 12:34 PM
time to get boring...boring will work really well. I like knowing when I wake up what I am going to eat that day.
Contest diet does not have to be boring. I have popcorn, wheat bread, sweet potatoes, grits, etc. I also have red meat, chicken, tilapia, low fat cheese, fruit and veggies. Be creative and work within your macros:).

buckimscl
01-16-2010, 12:38 PM
Ahh come on...really. You jest Mike. Be honest, what size batteries does it use?

Baldie
I tried that head blade thing one time........like I said one time.

gman
01-16-2010, 12:48 PM
seriously, it took me half the time I usually spend and no nicks.

I love it. I also ran it down up from my navel to sternum this morning to see how it does on body hair...10x better than the razors I was using.

Baldiewonkanobi
01-16-2010, 12:48 PM
OK Bucki...a Dennis Miller fan.

"I rant, therefore I am"

"No, I'm not born again, I got it right the first time"

I noticed that Mike says that porn ring takes 10 min to do your head....I use a BIC and in and out of the shower in less than 10. What else is Mikie shaving with that thing?

Baldie

gman
01-16-2010, 12:49 PM
Contest diet does not have to be boring. I have popcorn, wheat bread, sweet potatoes, grits, etc. I also have red meat, chicken, tilapia, low fat cheese, fruit and veggies. Be creative and work within your macros:).

not me Tiff. It will be the exact same 6 meals, 7 days a week for 7 weeks. i do better in a routine I think!

I can do anything for 7 weeks!

tifflex
01-16-2010, 12:50 PM
not me Tiff. It will be the exact same 6 meals, 7 days a week for 7 weeks. i do better in a routine I think!

I can do anything for 7 weeks!
Good luck:)

gman
01-16-2010, 12:50 PM

"I rant, therefore I am"

I noticed that Mike says that porn ring takes 10 min to do your head....I use a BIC and in and out of the shower in less than 10. What else is Mikie shaving with that thing?

Baldie

You must have tough head skin Baldie...it took me 15-20 with a quattro...and had to run it up, down and across to get a good shave.

gman
01-16-2010, 12:51 PM
Good luck:)

thanks Tiff. no way I am going to fail now!

buckimscl
01-16-2010, 12:51 PM

"I rant, therefore I am"

Baldie

Baldie, Mr. Miller goes to Washington.....one of the great standup shows of all time. He is quite possibly the funniest (at least I think) human alive.

Not sure I want to know. I can shower and shave in the shower and be out in 10 minutes.......Mikey, you got mirrors or something in there?

Baldiewonkanobi
01-16-2010, 12:52 PM
You must have tough head skin Baldie...it took me 15-20 with a quattro...and had to run it up, down and across to get a good shave.

thick ;)

Baldie

gman
01-16-2010, 12:56 PM
Baldie, Mr. Miller goes to Washington.....one of the great standup shows of all time. He is quite possibly the funniest (at least I think) human alive.

Not sure I want to know. I can shower and shave in the shower and be out in 10 minutes.......Mikey, you got mirrors or something in there?

I shave at the sink, I will have you know!

Bacon Boy
01-16-2010, 12:59 PM
Why do soooo many dude bodybuilders shave the head? I dont get it...

gman
01-16-2010, 01:04 PM
would you rather the dudette bodybuilders do it? lol

because we are balding severely and it's time to face the truth: we look better bald than half bald

buckimscl
01-16-2010, 01:08 PM
Why do soooo many dude bodybuilders shave the head? I dont get it...
Hey BB. Me personally, I have a full head of hair but it's gray/white and I am only 44 so I look younger with it shaved. I also got in a car wreck 5 years ago and have a small spot on the top where it doesn't grow.

gman
01-16-2010, 01:12 PM
the other good reason is women like to feel it.

gman
01-16-2010, 01:20 PM
I have determined today on this diet Rick gave me: a tbsp of peanut butter is not very much peanut butter

1/4 cup of raw almonds is not much either

Baldiewonkanobi
01-16-2010, 01:34 PM
When you desire to lick an onion or swallow your tooth paste then you know you have arrived. 'Diet acompli'. It got so bad I would swirl a gum drop around in my mouth, spit it out and suffer a guilt trip. There yet?

Baldie

buckimscl
01-16-2010, 01:35 PM
I have determined today on this diet Rick gave me: a tbsp of peanut butter is not very much peanut butter

1/4 cup of raw almonds is not much either
You must be a U of V grad;)

gman
01-16-2010, 01:37 PM
When you desire to lick an onion or swallow your tooth paste then you know you have arrived. 'Diet acompli'. It got so bad I would swirl a gum drop around in my mouth, spit it out and suffer a guilt trip. There yet?

Baldie

yes, I am

I put one of these in my mouth and sucked on it for 10 seconds on the way down the stairs of my office...spit it in the bushes, and felt like I had murdered someone...racked with guilt

http://img.walgreens.com/dbimagecache/07053801184_220x220_a.jpg

gman
01-16-2010, 01:38 PM
You must be a U of V grad;)

I have never been so insulted!

William and Mary, my friend

A real school

buckimscl
01-16-2010, 01:41 PM
Hey my brother was offered a football scholarship from there in the early 70's I think. he ended up going to Marshall.

gman
01-16-2010, 01:42 PM
We made the semifinals in I-AA football this year and should have won that game

our basketball team is 13-3 and beat Maryland and Wake on the road. not sure how they got so good

buckimscl
01-16-2010, 01:43 PM
Must be all those sizable endowments you made to the College.

gman
01-16-2010, 01:46 PM
Must be all those sizable endowments you made to the College.

I think I gave $50 once!

I don't have a sizable endowment, obviously

AnglicanBeachParty
01-16-2010, 02:15 PM

Truest thing I've read in a long time!

gman
01-16-2010, 02:19 PM
i did not have a tbsp measure at the office so I had to use 1 tsp 3 times.

brings the point home about how little sustenance you get from 1 tbsp of pb

gman
01-16-2010, 03:04 PM
just had 50g of whey and 1/4 cup of almonds. hope it expands 100 fold in my stomach!

gman
01-16-2010, 03:28 PM
this pic is kind of gross, but I wanted some opinions...this is slightly scrunched over and I have these weird rolls going. I believe it is loose skin, but it might be fat. If it is loose skin, I am in trouble, it might be why my abs aren't showing yet. any opinions?

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/photo-4.jpg

freebirdmac
01-16-2010, 03:53 PM
I think it's mostly loose skin. And what I observed when you were at my gym a month or so ago.

gman
01-16-2010, 03:54 PM
I think it's mostly loose skin. And what I observed when you were at my gym a month or so ago.

would almost be better to be fat...loose skin is just that, loose! I can paint on some abs I guess!

let me add that my stomach is sucked in in the pic and it's still loose

freebirdmac
01-16-2010, 03:59 PM
Baldy and oldsupe can help you out with loose skin. Heavy abs at lower reps will also help. The rest is just time. Even Brian (fiend) competed with loose belly skin.

gman
01-16-2010, 04:01 PM
I think I expect to be too perfect the first time!

I still remember the loose skin cure baldie suggests, but I have to be almost stage ready to do it...the Preparation H/saran wrap treatment!

joedemarco
01-16-2010, 05:37 PM
I didn't think the skin around your abs looked "loose" in any of the pics you posted in your posing trunks....

blu2xtreme
01-16-2010, 06:00 PM
the other good reason is women like to feel it.

First post on this page ...had to go back and see what we like to feel:p
Your right:)

I didn't think the skin around your abs looked "loose" in any of the pics you posted in your posing trunks....

I agree ...and I the pics blown up pretty big when I was fixing the untanned areas :p

freebirdmac
01-16-2010, 06:07 PM
Tummy always looks different when arms are raised.

gman
01-16-2010, 06:09 PM

I guess I worry too much, Joe!

First post on this page ...had to go back and see what we like to feel:p
Your right:)

I agree ...and I the pics blown up pretty big when I was fixing the untanned areas :p

you fixed the untanned parts????

blu2xtreme
01-16-2010, 06:10 PM
Tummy always looks different when arms are raised.

Guess that's why I like to walk around with my arms above my head:p

blu2xtreme
01-16-2010, 06:11 PM

You didn't notice ...now I'm hurt :(

Mac
01-16-2010, 06:32 PM
this pic is kind of gross, but I wanted some opinions...this is slightly scrunched over and I have these weird rolls going. I believe it is loose skin, but it might be fat. If it is loose skin, I am in trouble, it might be why my abs aren't showing yet. any opinions?

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/photo-4.jpg

It will take some time for the skin to tighten up. I suffered the same problem.

This is where showing your best poses and hiding the ones which expose the lose skin is the answer.

The Prep H won't do much to shrink it, I tried it and it didn't work for me.

gman
01-17-2010, 07:01 AM
Woke up today with a very empty feeling stomach...Rick's diet I guess. I never peed so much in one day in my life, and I don't know, maybe I was too high on carbs for a while and am shedding water again, but.....

189.6 lbs this morning...

too good to be true! I weighed 193.8 on Thu, 192.3 yesterday.

But, I don't care...the damn scale at least for one day went below 190!

gman
01-17-2010, 07:25 AM
Oh, just so Dawn doesn't come on here and say it's not a weight loss contest, I did measure my waist and it's down 1/2" since Tuesday... 35 1/2 now

gman
01-17-2010, 07:53 AM
Guess that's why I like to walk around with my arms above my head:p

I think with women it helps more with the chest!:hypno:

You didn't notice ...now I'm hurt :(

Yeah, guys don't notice stuff do we?

It will take some time for the skin to tighten up. I suffered the same problem.

This is where showing your best poses and hiding the ones which expose the lose skin is the answer.

The Prep H won't do much to shrink it, I tried it and it didn't work for me.

Mac, yeah, I think the skin should tighten some since I am losing so slowly.

The real 1st show is in August, so I do have some time

tifflex
01-17-2010, 08:01 AM
Oh, just so Dawn doesn't come on here and say it's not a weight loss contest, I did measure my waist and it's down 1/2" since Tuesday... 35 1/2 now
Congrats Mike:yep:! Waist loss is a great fat loss measurement.

The loose skin will tighten with time. I have significant loose abdominal skin, but the rest of my body is lean. It used to bother me until a few months ago. Today, I could care less as I plan to bring the best package.

I'm so dang proud of you:hmn:.

gman
01-17-2010, 08:04 AM
Congrats Mike:yep:! Waist loss is a great fat loss measurement.

The loose skin will tighten with time. I have significant loose abdominal skin, but the rest of my body is lean. It used to bother me until a few months ago. Today, I could care less as I plan to bring the best package.

I'm so dang proud of you:hmn:.

Thanks Tiffany! I am finally getting it done. Loose skin and all...important thing is to be as lean and healthy as I can be.

You're right, just bring the best package you can...you know you gave it your all and that's all you can do!

Bob45
01-17-2010, 08:50 AM
I pee a lot well all the time but.....even more when I just lost some fat. I always say to myself it is melting and coming out, haha.

I'm still really wondering about your training for the final quite a few weeks you have left. Is everyone telling you to go lighter with little rest and a lot less weight? I'm not getting it and would like to understand the logic behind it. After working so hard to gain strength and muscle to do circuits isn't making sense to me. How do you keep muscle you gained going so much lighter? You said you had to use 25 pound db's instead of over 50 pounds for your db presses. Just concerned here. Your not eating much on top of it. I am just worried about muscle loss you worked so hard to gain.

gman
01-17-2010, 09:24 AM
I had to use 25lbs because of the circuits...had to use the weight limited by my weakest exercise in the circuit (laterals), just burned them out.

I may mix it up on the way in...circuits some, regular some.

DBowden
01-17-2010, 09:46 AM

Relax gman.
You're making great progress.

buckimscl
01-17-2010, 09:56 AM
What's up Mike.

Asmolenski
01-17-2010, 10:16 AM
Mike you are doing great -- right on target. Dont worry about "loose skin". It looks like mostly fat to me. As you get more cut the last place the fat will leave is the glutes. Once your glutes are shredded if your lower abs are still soft then it is "loose skin" but until then .... you need to lose more fat. Also, forget about the old prep H tricks -- just another bodybuilding urban legend. Are you hitting abs hard a couple times a week?

Dr Smo

Bob45
01-17-2010, 10:35 AM
Mike you are doing great -- right on target. Dont worry about "loose skin". It looks like mostly fat to me. As you get more cut the last place the fat will leave is the glutes. Once your glutes are shredded if your lower abs are still soft then it is "loose skin" but until then .... you need to lose more fat. Also, forget about the old prep H tricks -- just another bodybuilding urban legend. Are you hitting abs hard a couple times a week?

Dr Smo

I see you are in Myrtle Beach. We went there two years in a row for spring vacations and had a blast. Wish I could afford it again.

Mac
01-17-2010, 10:44 AM
I'm still really wondering about your training for the final quite a few weeks you have left. Is everyone telling you to go lighter with little rest and a lot less weight? I'm not getting it and would like to understand the logic behind it. After working so hard to gain strength and muscle to do circuits isn't making sense to me. How do you keep muscle you gained going so much lighter? You said you had to use 25 pound db's instead of over 50 pounds for your db presses. Just concerned here. Your not eating much on top of it. I am just worried about muscle loss you worked so hard to gain.

I agree. Don't stop lifting heavy and switch to some other form of training such as circuit / high rep. It's OK to once in a while, but stick to training heavy or like you have been.

Heavy training, ie... squats / deads will stimulate your GH and test production.

blu2xtreme
01-17-2010, 11:41 AM
I had to use 25lbs because of the circuits...had to use the weight limited by my weakest exercise in the circuit (laterals), just burned them out.

I may mix it up on the way in...circuits some, regular some.

My shoulders are still sore from that circuit ...loved it :)

Have a Great Sunday Coach:hmn:

buckimscl
01-17-2010, 11:49 AM
To quote Sistersteel who has since left these parts for MD: "High reps are for pussies." I'm not sure exactly what she means by that but it doesn't sound good.

Baldiewonkanobi
01-17-2010, 12:04 PM
:fit:CIRCUIT TRAINING:fit:

Not even in the final week...but then again I am not your trainer.

Back in my hole......

Baldie