PDA

View Full Version : Mike and Paula's Journal of Life, Love and Ever-Changing Goals

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

fatbackgoal
01-23-2010, 07:27 AM
Great work G. Keep it up!

blu2xtreme
01-23-2010, 07:48 AM
I am proud of how hard you work, Paula. I deserve a big raise again. ;)

Anything you want... It's yours;)

Morning coach... Are you going to kill me today too?

gman
01-23-2010, 08:59 AM
Anything you want... It's yours;)

Morning coach... Are you going to kill me today too?

of course...you can handle it I know.

gman
01-23-2010, 09:15 AM
I am looking forward to the dexascan Monday...I wish the same technician were doing it so we could know it was consistent.

It will be telling to see how much lbm I have lost along with the fat. I know that water is included in lbm, so I am guessing I have lost at least 4-5 lbs of lbm.

So my guess is 167 lbm, 25 fat, or 13% bf...wonder how close my guess will be?

I figure if you have a 35" waist, you cannot be 10% bf at my height.

freebirdmac
01-23-2010, 09:58 AM
Waist size is all that matters, not the scale. So you'e doing great!

Bob45
01-23-2010, 10:03 AM
Thanks for your confidence Mike! To be honest I have learned a lot from you as we go back and forth with these discussions - you are always asking tough but good questions and you understand the science behind what we are doing. I think the most important quality a Dr can have is to listen to his patients and not blow off the small details -- the small details are where we find the answers!

Dr Smo

All the great doctors are so far away from me. You do sound like a good one. A doctor that doesn't just blow off a patient because their problem isn't something they normally deal with is very hard to find.

gman
01-23-2010, 10:07 AM
Road trip, road trip!

How many good anti-aging doctors are in an office a half mile from the ocean in Myrtle Beach?

Mac
01-23-2010, 10:10 AM
Still up 2 this week, but waist is down to 35...lowest since I started at 42 plus about 4 1/2 years ago

It's time to stop watching the scale and rely on just the mirror.

gman
01-23-2010, 10:11 AM
Waist size is all that matters, not the scale. So you'e doing great!

thanks, Pam...

BTW to all you ab training proponents who said I had no abs because I don't work them:

my abs aren't the least bit sore from the ab work Thursday morning, so I must have some decent ones already at least. :faces: :p

Mac
01-23-2010, 10:32 AM
BTW to all you ab training proponents who said I had no abs because I don't work them:

I never implied you didn't work them, only to use heavier weights to make for thicker abs vs. high reps.

gman
01-23-2010, 10:40 AM
I never implied you didn't work them, only to use heavier weights to make for thicker abs vs. high reps.

I know Mac, but I never have worked them heavy or reps, until this week! Must have been the deads and squats...who knows.

Just being argumentative again. ;)

Really think it's body fat more than anything else, the more I look at myself the more I realize I am not as low a bodyfat as I theoretically should be!

freebirdmac
01-23-2010, 11:05 AM
I know Mac, but I never have worked them heavy or reps, until this week! Must have been the deads and squats...who knows.

Just being argumentative again. ;)

Really think it's body fat more than anything else, the more I look at myself the more I realize I am not as low a bodyfat as I theoretically should be!

Mike I rarely ever did direct ab work yet I definitely had abs. Recently I decided I wanted a bit more and starting doing cable crunches. But I was doing 3x20. After reading stuff here I'm going to change that to 3x10 and go heavier. It's all subjective as to how much you want and genetic as to how much you can get not working them directly. But you definitely grow abs doing other heavy lifting exercises.

I too think you're still above the body fat level you need to be at to really see yours. It'll come.

Baldiewonkanobi
01-23-2010, 11:05 AM

Thank you. The scale can not differentiate fat loss/muscle gain. But, the mirror tells all. Like it or not.

Mike I dieted real hard for YOU yesterday and added an xtra 1/2 hour to my WO this morning i.l.o. cardio. Upped my protein to 350 grams and carbs were only teaspoon P-nutt butter, small bowl of black beans and small bowl of cole slaw. Fats came from buffalo burger, nutt butter and fish oil...thats it. I'm looking for that vein that runs from the navel to the pubic bone by March 1st for validation. WE can do it.

In fact I am doing this early test prep to join all of the Arnold men in their quest. I wish to suffer along.

Baldie

gman
01-23-2010, 11:06 AM

that's even worse than the scale! lol j/k

my 33 reg fit Wranglers feel loose today. I like that

gman
01-23-2010, 11:13 AM
Thank you. The scale can not differentiate fat loss/muscle gain. But, the mirror tells all. Like it or not.

Mike I dieted real hard for YOU yesterday and added an xtra 1/2 hour to my WO this morning i.l.o. cardio. Upped my protein to 350 grams and carbs were only teaspoon P-nutt butter, small bowl of black beans and small bowl of cole slaw. Fats came from buffalo burger, nutt butter and fish oil...thats it. I'm looking for that vein that runs from the navel to the pubic bone by March 1st for validation. WE can do it.

In fact I am doing this early test prep to join all of the Arnold men in their quest. I wish to suffer along.

Baldie

I know this is the home stretch and it's getting tougher every day not to totally go ape shit at IHOP....I am so friggin hungry now. Even after I ate 2 eggs and a pint of egg whites for breakfast and drank a diet orange crush and a 24 oz coffee in about 5 minutes, I still felt hungry.

Glad you're suffering with me Baldie, it helps to know that I am not the only one

Mac
01-23-2010, 11:33 AM
A diet orange soda for breakfast? Hmmmm...

I used to eat veggies, celery and nice crisp iceberg lettuce to fill my stomach and satiate that ' i am still f'n hungry feeling '

You don't put any sugar in your coffee do you?

BTW, I am suffering along with you too. Last night I imbibed in a large glass of wine as my treat for the week.

gman
01-23-2010, 11:35 AM
Why do we want to be so miserable? lol

I do not use sugar, just splenda!

My stomach was about to explode this morning, so it's not the fullness that is the problem, it's the feeling hungry despite being full....hard to explain. Like I never want to stop eating ever again!

blu2xtreme
01-23-2010, 11:46 AM

My stomach was about to explode this morning, so it's not the fullness that is the problem, it's the feeling hungry despite being full....hard to explain. Like I never want to stop eating ever again!

So weird how we all feel hunger differently ...I hate the fullness feeling which I think leads me not to be hungry.
So if I get cals from non filling foods I can get to my needed cals.
Yesterday after my workout is the first time in a long time I can say I was actually hungry. Usually I eat because I have to.

gman
01-23-2010, 11:50 AM
So weird how we all feel hunger differently ...I hate the fullness feeling which I think leads me not to be hungry.
So if I get cals from non filling foods I can get to my needed cals.
Yesterday after my workout is the first time in a long time I can say I was actually hungry. Usually I eat because I have to.

If you train like that every time from now on, you will start being hungry after training, and eventually you will start being hungry a lot more I think. I am not a doctor, but I think that's how it would work.

Mine is more a craving than actual hunger. I just want to eat anything and everything besides chicken, eggs, tuna and protein powder. That is all I eat most days, unless I cheat, which has happened at least once a week the whole time. I can't control myself.

I just need to suck it up for 6 more weeks, and then I can try to get on a balanced diet. I think that would help.

Mac
01-23-2010, 11:56 AM
You need a cheat meal for sanity sake and to not let your body think it's in starving mode. Go for it. This is why you're still hungry.

blu2xtreme
01-23-2010, 11:58 AM
You can hang another 6 weeks I know it:)

I hate the carbs - just eat them because I have to
I would prefer just chicken , fish , whey and eggs
I do like my peanut butter a little to much:p

Mac
01-23-2010, 11:59 AM
it's the feeling hungry despite being full....

You don't have to explain it to me. I KNOW very well what it is like.

gman
01-23-2010, 12:00 PM
You need a cheat meal for sanity sake and to not let your body think it's in starving mode. Go for it. This is why you're still hungry.

I may do that, not sure. I did cheat Tuesday night and was afraid to admit it.

I posted it on Bucki's thread...lol

Basically from 745-930 pm I ate about 1200 calories, a lot of which was what I was supposed to eat, but then a few things I wasn't supposed to! Not horrible quarts of Ben and Jerry's or sacks of McDonald's cheeseburgers, but still not good

Baldiewonkanobi
01-23-2010, 12:17 PM
So sorry that WAS a cheat meal. Oh well...next week you can have one more. I'm not on keto now so I pass on cheat meals...don't need them. I have always found that beef/buffalo curbs my nutzo hungries. If I did not have gout I would eat 3 of my 7-8 meals doing a buffalo burger. Alas...I do only one per day.

Baldie

'Mirror mirror on the wall...who is....' ahh fuck....tomorrow.

gman
01-23-2010, 12:17 PM
But you see, Baldie, I am on keto...and I am hungry! Not supposed to happen.

Mac
01-23-2010, 12:25 PM
so maybe you are not in ketosis.

Fats will cure hunger pangs. Eat some olives. LOL

gman
01-23-2010, 12:31 PM
so maybe you are not in ketosis.

Fats will cure hunger pangs. Eat some olives. LOL

that's an idea...if i had the nasty taste of olives in my mouth, I might never eat again!

gman
01-23-2010, 12:41 PM
I too think you're still above the body fat level you need to be at to really see yours. It'll come.

That's it in a nutshell....keep getting lean, and they show no matter what!

blu2xtreme
01-23-2010, 12:52 PM
I felt so bad for you I decided to eat your favorite for my first meal:)
eggs runny and ezekiel bread - yummy
so glad you suggested it a while back - it is one of my faves now

gman
01-23-2010, 01:07 PM
but I bet you only did 2 eggs and 1 piece of bread. My version would be 6 eggs and 3-4 slices of bread.

blu2xtreme
01-23-2010, 01:21 PM
but I bet you only did 2 eggs and 1 piece of bread. My version would be 6 eggs and 3-4 slices of bread.

I splurged and had 3 eggs but only 1 slice of bread

esplendido
01-23-2010, 01:50 PM
But you see, Baldie, I am on keto...and I am hungry! Not supposed to happen.

Uh....who said it's not supposed to happen????

gman
01-23-2010, 02:10 PM

haha, good point....it was Dave P I think. No insulin spikes, hence no hunger.:hypno:

I suck, but I am doing really well the last few days, so I will be fine. It's all in my mind I am sure.

Asmolenski
01-23-2010, 03:21 PM

I was reading through some research on hunger and came across a recent article published in the Journal of the American Dietetic Association last November. It looked at the effect of adding 6 g Inulin (a soluble fiber) to low calorie foods. They found that adding Inulin caused low-energy-density drinks to have the same effect on satiety and sense of fullness as did the high-energy-density drinks. Maybe drinking a low carb protein drink with 6 g Inulin will help control your hunger. If anyone tries this let me know how it works for them. Inulin is not digested by humans so it won't add any calories, and its good for your cardiovascular system to add soluble fiber to your diet even if it doesnt control hunger.

Dr Smo

AnglicanBeachParty
01-23-2010, 03:21 PM

That's what I was thinking!

Bob45
01-23-2010, 03:34 PM
Why take a gamble on the abs if they are getting hit good enough or not? I would do them just in case don't you think? Everything else gets hits directly and indirectly too. May as well hit them directly.

gman
01-23-2010, 03:38 PM
Why take a gamble on the abs if they are getting hit good enough or not? I would do them just in case don't you think? Everything else gets hits directly and indirectly too. May as well hit them directly.

because I like to argue....

I actually kind of enjoyed doing them, and I will do them 2-3x a week from now on.

wonder is I need to add wrist curls since I never work my forearms???? :p

Asmolenski
01-23-2010, 03:40 PM

This whole discussion about abs reminds me of an Over 35 forum discussion on bb.com :dunno:

Asmolenski
01-23-2010, 03:41 PM
because I like to argue....

I actually kind of enjoyed doing them, and I will do them 2-3x a week from now on.

Don't forget pelvic thrusts and keegal exercises!

Mac
01-23-2010, 03:42 PM

I do and I no longer suffer from forearm injuries.

I did 3 sets of DB wrist curls 55x12 45x12 40x12 just over an hour ago

Saying you work your abs via other exercises is like saying you don't need to work arms because they're stimulated when doing lats.

gman
01-23-2010, 03:42 PM
Don't forget pelvic thrusts and keegal exercises!

those are the best exercises of all. just don't do them in the gym

Asmolenski
01-23-2010, 03:48 PM
those are the best exercises of all. just don't do them in the gym

Try wearing a weight belt and hanging a 45 lb plate while doing the pelvic thrusts!

freebirdmac
01-23-2010, 05:23 PM
You guys can get away with those exercises in the gym easier than women. We get enough looks just doing squats and deads.

Asmolenski
01-23-2010, 05:32 PM
You guys can get away with those exercises in the gym easier than women. We get enough looks just doing squats and deads.

Women are just more subtle with their "looks" than the guys are :)

gman
01-23-2010, 05:43 PM
I have only seen one woman looking at me at the gym and she was 80+....figures!

gman
01-23-2010, 05:55 PM
my exercise today was just walking 2 miles to office and 2.50 miles home.

blu2xtreme
01-23-2010, 06:01 PM
I have only seen one woman looking at me at the gym and she was 80+....figures!

I have a great appreciation for good looking muscular bodies ...good thing I don't workout in a gym ...I might get myself in trouble:p

Bob45
01-23-2010, 06:23 PM

Does this mean you don't do pelvic thrusts?

freebirdmac
01-23-2010, 06:28 PM
Does this mean you don't do pelvic thrusts?

I tried them once with an oly bar.

Bob45
01-23-2010, 06:30 PM
I tried them once with an oly bar.

I was just being a wise guy as usual. I never did them myself. Sounded interesting watching a woman do them.

AnglicanBeachParty
01-23-2010, 06:31 PM
my exercise today was just walking 2 miles to office and 2.50 miles home.

1yz5dP4m9tY

gman
01-23-2010, 06:33 PM
I was just being a wise guy as usual. I never did them myself. Sounded interesting watching a woman do them.

overrated, believe me

gman
01-23-2010, 06:34 PM
1yz5dP4m9tY

one of my favorite albums of all time...

blu2xtreme
01-23-2010, 06:43 PM

overrated, believe me

I think I am damn cute doing them ;)

GirlyMuscle
01-23-2010, 07:25 PM
I think I am damn cute doing them ;)

You're damned cute doing anything. :)

gman
01-23-2010, 07:29 PM
See even on my own journal, people flirt with someone else! HELLLOOOO, it's my journal! ;)

blu2xtreme
01-23-2010, 07:36 PM
See even on my own journal, people flirt with someone else! HELLLOOOO, it's my journal! ;)

Maybe I was flirting with you;)
Just saying

Sledge
01-23-2010, 07:52 PM

Looking very sexy in your avatar there big boy. Soooooo how you doin'

gman
01-23-2010, 07:59 PM
Maybe I was flirting with you;)
Just saying

Can never tell with you, you're too subtle

Looking very sexy in your avatar there big boy. Soooooo how you doin'

Now that's what I mean, Sledge...thanks...now I feel a lot better!

blu2xtreme
01-23-2010, 11:55 PM
Can never tell with you, you're too subtle

Now that's what I mean, Sledge...thanks...now I feel a lot better!
A girl can never win...can she:p

Thanks Sledge for the flirting tips;)

fatbackgoal
01-24-2010, 12:12 AM

You just make everyone feel welcome!!

blu2xtreme
01-24-2010, 08:52 AM
Coach Mike just wanted you to know I can barely walk today ...so I think I finally had a good leg day:)

gman
01-24-2010, 02:46 PM
Coach Mike just wanted you to know I can barely walk today ...so I think I finally had a good leg day:)

that's what we want every leg day!!

gman
01-24-2010, 02:47 PM
progress pics

this one is side light, no flash...not great but you can see some good muscles on my left side

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/DSC00565.jpg

gman
01-24-2010, 02:48 PM
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/DSC00573.jpg

gman
01-24-2010, 02:49 PM
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/DSC00571.jpg

freebirdmac
Every day it just gets better and better!

gman
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/DSC00569.jpg

gman
01-24-2010, 02:50 PM
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/DSC00575.jpg

gman
01-24-2010, 02:51 PM
Every day it just gets better and better!

Thanks, Pam...this is 10 days since my first posing trunk pics. I am not noticing the changes so much, but seems like everyone else is

Bob45
01-24-2010, 04:48 PM
Good pics Mike. Front double bi's is your best shot. Work on your front/rear lat spread, most muscular poses. Lets see those in the pics too.

Baldiewonkanobi
01-24-2010, 06:07 PM
OK...rear bi shot. Rock your shoulders back about 6" towards the judges in the pit and this will show your bicep peaks from the rear view and define the delt separation better.

Side tricept. On your right arm your hand is going the wrong way. Keeping your hand flat point knuckes TOWARDS camera and pull arm TIGHT against your right lat as you flex the tri.

Constantly talk to your lats. Command them to spread for you. Do xtra wide lat pull downs and one arm rows connecting the mind/body.

You will get there....keep it up!!!

Baldie

gman
01-24-2010, 06:31 PM
Good pics Mike. Front double bi's is your best shot. Work on your front/rear lat spread, most muscular poses. Lets see those in the pics too.

Thanks, Bob...I honestly have not even tried the lat spread poses. Last time I did them, there were no lats to see. I will work in the mirror on the front one at least.

OK...rear bi shot. Rock your shoulders back about 6" towards the judges in the pit and this will show your bicep peaks from the rear view and define the delt separation better.

Side tricept. On your right arm your hand is going the wrong way. Keeping your hand flat point knuckes TOWARDS camera and pull arm TIGHT against your right lat as you flex the tri.

Constantly talk to your lats. Command them to spread for you. Do xtra wide lat pull downs and one arm rows connecting the mind/body.

You will get there....keep it up!!!

Baldie

Thanks, Baldie...a question, on the rear double bi advice above...do you mean to push each elbow back 6" or to actually tip my whole upper body back so my shoulders face down a little? In the meantime I will look at some pics to see what you mean.

You are right on the lats. I know I have them but the just don't want to do as they're told!

Down4whatever
01-24-2010, 06:50 PM
I'm not any better, Mike, but I think you wanna arch your back.....pretend like you're trying to grip a ball with your lower back.....someone told me that once, lol

gman
01-24-2010, 06:50 PM
sounds reasonable Matt. You want the judges to see not the audience!

Down4whatever
01-24-2010, 06:55 PM
I think more than that, it presses all the musclature together and tips the delts back where you see the tops--and shows off the muscles around the lower back (erectors)

Asmolenski
01-24-2010, 07:03 PM
There is no substitute for posing practice -- 30 minutes of posing is as good or better than 30 mins cardio. You should buy Russ' posing video: http://www.russtesto.com/ He is an old school body builder who still does guest posing -- tell him Allen says Hi!

Dr Smo

blu2xtreme
01-24-2010, 07:22 PM
Looking great coach...tan is looking good too:drool::drool::drool:

gman
01-24-2010, 07:30 PM
There is no substitute for posing practice -- 30 minutes of posing is as good or better than 30 mins cardio. You should buy Russ' posing video: http://www.russtesto.com/ He is an old school body builder who still does guest posing -- tell him Allen says Hi!

Dr Smo

I will look that up and order that this time.. I need it bad. Imagine how good I might look if I could pose right!

Looking great coach...tan is looking good too:drool::drool::drool:

thanks, Paula. Drool is always welcome in my journal!

gman
01-24-2010, 07:35 PM
I still can't believe those legs are mine. I mean they look good, but they look long and lean and I am used to them looking more thick and stout.

blu2xtreme
01-24-2010, 07:36 PM
I still can't believe those legs are mine. I mean they look good, but they look long and lean and I am used to them looking more thick and stout.

They look great ...very proud of you :yep:

Asmolenski
01-24-2010, 07:39 PM
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/DSC00571.jpg

I am no expert Mike but I think you would look better if you pulled your arms back and squeezed your shoulder blades together a little to pop out some definition while at the same time flaring the lats. Also, try to spread your legs apart and then place one leg back to flex the calf while arching the back. This will make your upper back and legs look wider and at the same time make your waist and hips look smaller - giving the allusion of width and sweep.

gman
01-24-2010, 07:42 PM
funny thing is Allen, it felt like I was doing those things with my arms and shoulders. The leg part, I need to memorize this pose better for sure. I hit the button and had 10 seconds to get the pose, and I could not remember exactly what to do!

gman
01-24-2010, 07:44 PM
They look great ...very proud of you :yep:

thank you Paula!

I think I look taller now too now that I am not so heavy

Asmolenski
01-24-2010, 07:44 PM
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/img/user_images/growable/2008/11/09/185549/progresspic/2212392orig.jpg

See how spreading the legs apart and putting the one leg back helps give a more "X" shape.

Asmolenski
01-24-2010, 07:46 PM
funny thing is Allen, it felt like I was doing those things with my arms and shoulders. The leg part, I need to memorize this pose better for sure. I hit the button and had 10 seconds to get the pose, and I could not remember exactly what to do!

You need to get someone to help you with the pictures...

Asmolenski
01-24-2010, 07:49 PM
My 8 year old son Donnie is sitting next to me looking at your pictures ... he said your should "Try the chicken dance and that would look good..." Hmmmm?

gman
01-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Punch him for me! lol

Or at least give him a noogie

gman
01-24-2010, 07:52 PM
looking at your pic, Allen, makes me realize how far it is to get to contest shape. Wow, a good 15-20 more lbs minimum.

Asmolenski
01-24-2010, 07:54 PM
Punch him for me! lol

Or at least give him a noogie

Ok just gave him a good noogie for ya ... but a chicken dance posing routine would be really unique - no one would be expecting it that's for sure!

gman
01-24-2010, 07:57 PM
Ok just gave him a good noogie for ya ... but a chicken dance posing routine would be really unique - no one would be expecting it that's for sure!

I can't dance, not even the chicken dance

Asmolenski
01-24-2010, 07:58 PM
looking at your pic, Allen, makes me realize how far it is to get to contest shape. Wow, a good 15-20 more lbs minimum.

Thats one of the reasons I posted that pic Mike - I was only 174 lbs and you and I have similar builds. You are doing well but you still have another 15 lbs to go ... and the next 15 lbs will be harder than the last 15 lbs. Time to really stay focused and disciplined - those last few pounds are what separates men from boys! And whats really sad is looking back at those pics I think I still could have lost a few more pounds of fat!

GirlyMuscle
01-24-2010, 08:04 PM
Tan will make a HUGE difference as well, Mike. Remember....bodybuilding is all an illusion....smoke and mirrors. 15 more pounds and some tan will have you looking like a completely different person.

gman
01-24-2010, 08:04 PM
The hard part is deciding whether to give it all out for Columbus or to cut 1-1.5 lbs a week and be 185 there, but have a really easy time getting to 170 for my show in August.

I cannot lose 15 lbs by Columbus unless I go into hyper drive.

gman
01-24-2010, 08:06 PM
Tan will make a HUGE difference as well, Mike. Remember....bodybuilding is all an illusion....smoke and mirrors. 15 more pounds and some tan will have you looking like a completely different person.

After 11 weeks of tanning, I get that...imagine how pale I must have been before if I still don't look tan now! :hypno:

It's ok, I will stop crying anytime now

Asmolenski
01-24-2010, 08:10 PM
The hard part is deciding whether to give it all out for Columbus or to cut 1-1.5 lbs a week and be 185 there, but have a really easy time getting to 170 for my show in August.

I cannot lose 15 lbs by Columbus unless I go into hyper drive.

Just continue your program ... there is no way to speed things up unless you start burning muscle. 2 lbs a week is a good goal - you could be at 180 by then and you will look damn good.

GirlyMuscle
01-24-2010, 08:14 PM
I'm just saying...You're looking great, Mike. Do you have to do pics for this contest? Then get some protan on you for them. Definitely makes a huge difference.

When I did my tan for my show I was amazed at the difference rthe protan made. It was like a varnish that brings out the detail in wood. You'll be surprised when you see the difference.

AnglicanBeachParty
01-24-2010, 08:14 PM

Dr Smo

Good call!

This is the best posing instruction I've seen or could really imagine. Now, if only I can put >50% of it into practice ...

I never knew you had to consciously flex so many different body part for just a single pose!

gman
01-24-2010, 08:17 PM
Just continue your program ... there is no way to speed things up unless you start burning muscle. 2 lbs a week is a good goal - you could be at 180 by then and you will look damn good.

Buckle down, the end is in sight!

I'm just saying...You're looking great, Mike. Do you have to do pics for this contest? Then get some protan on you for them. Definitely makes a huge difference.

When I did my tan for my show I was amazed at the difference rthe protan made. It was like a varnish that brings out the detail in wood. You'll be surprised when you see the difference.

I don't think anyone really knows anything about this contest other than we are definitely having it!

I knew what you meant about the dream tan, was just kidding around...I saw how big a difference it made at the NPC Masters last summer. I have the JannaTan stuff already but have not tried putting it on yet!

Good call!

This is the best posing instruction I've seen or could really imagine. Now, if only I can put >50% of it into practice ...

I never knew you had to consciously flex so many different body part for just a single pose!

Will order it tomorrow!

Asmolenski
01-24-2010, 08:23 PM
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/img/user_images/growable/2008/09/18/185549/progresspic/1902042orig.jpg

Mike here I am about 2 weeks before that last picture at the same body fat and same body weight. The only difference was a good spray tan and a week's contest prep. This gives you an idea of what to expect from a precontest prep and a spray tan ...

bodyhard
01-24-2010, 08:38 PM
Mike in all your pics you just need to practice the posing to enhance your strong points and hide your weak points. That will be very difficult for people to tell you via typing.

But out of all the posing your rear double biceps is the worst and it is really bad.

The pics of AL showed (leaning further back and spreading your legs) is an excellent suggestion.

Not knocking you Mike you definitely are getting the build but your posing sucks ass and really does need work.

Your front double bi by far is your best pose, but that should not be the case.

gman
01-24-2010, 08:41 PM
I know it sucks ass. I have no mind body connection yet. I need to figure it out soon, or go beg my chiro to help me again! I wish it were not tax season so it would be easier to go spend some time with him.

It's funny, my back is better than my front, but the posing makes it look exactly opposite. I have huge hamstrings, calves, and bit traps and lats, and nothing shows.

bodyhard
01-24-2010, 08:43 PM
I know it sucks ass. I have no mind body connection yet. I need to figure it out soon, or go beg my chiro to help me again! I wish it were not tax season so it would be easier to go spend some time with him.

It's funny, my back is better than my front, but the posing makes it look exactly opposite. I have huge hamstrings, calves, and bit traps and lats, and nothing shows.

Exactly you have, at this point what it takes, your rear double bi back, I bet with some help could look fucking sick! As well as your side tricep shot!

Bob45
01-24-2010, 10:13 PM
Use your favorite mirror/light at home and do the poses. There are tons of pictures and videos online to help. Get another mirror to see your back. Do you have any removable door mirrors around? Maybe someone on here that's cut can make a video of the mandatory poses.

Baldiewonkanobi
01-24-2010, 10:46 PM
There is no substitute for posing practice -- :yep:30 minutes of posing is as good or better than 30 mins cardio:yep:. You should buy Russ' posing video: http://www.russtesto.com/ He is an old school body builder who still does guest posing -- tell him Allen says Hi!

Dr Smo

BUMP

Baldie

Sledge
01-24-2010, 10:55 PM
My 8 year old son Donnie is sitting next to me looking at your pictures ... he said your should "Try the chicken dance and that would look good..." Hmmmm?

I laughed my arse off when I read that. I think he might be onto something too.

Sledge
01-24-2010, 10:57 PM
Posing practice. 30 mins a day.

6UV3kRV46Zs

blu2xtreme
01-25-2010, 12:11 AM
Thanks for providing some late night entertainment for me ...went well with my bedtime shake :D

Would love to see Mike do that dance:yep:

blu2xtreme
01-25-2010, 09:14 AM
Happy Monday Coach

Is today Dexascan day ...can't wait to see what your bodyfat comes in at.
Busy day for me but I will try and check in to see the results.

Baldiewonkanobi
01-25-2010, 10:07 AM
$$DexaScan$$

Mirror :) FREE :)

In Calif. Dexascams, as we call them, are $250 on the average. If done for bone density...thats good if called for. Osteoporiasis etc.

Why Mike??

Baldie

gman
01-25-2010, 10:48 AM
Blame it on doc. Lol. Not really

scientific research. Plus I am a geek
75 bucks here

Asmolenski
01-25-2010, 10:50 AM
$$DexaScan$$

Mirror :) FREE :)

In Calif. Dexascams, as we call them, are $250 on the average. If done for bone density...thats good if called for. Osteoporiasis etc.

Why Mike??

Baldie

Hey Baldie! I can get them done here for about $70. I find the dexascans are useful for new bodybuilders who have no idea how much fat they need to lose for a show. There are a lot of guys at 20% body fat who "think" they are 10% - the dexascan gives them a little wake up call. When I was getting ready for my first show the dexascan gave me a psychological boost that my program was working.

Baldiewonkanobi
01-25-2010, 11:16 AM
OK for 75 bucks i'll shut my pie hole.

Baldie

gman
01-25-2010, 11:59 AM
big wake up call...makes me want to work even harder

15% bf, yup!

no abs, there's a good reason for that! I am still too fat!

the really good things from this:

I was 43.25 lbs of fat when I started, am 30.14lbs now.

I have added almost a half lb of bone weight, so my bones are getting even more strong and dense which is always a good thing.

gman
01-25-2010, 12:06 PM
the bad things:

I am a skinny punk under the fat.

My scale at home is way off, 5-7lbs too light.

It is what it is...need to just focus on getting to less than 10% bf no matter how low my weight needs to go to get there.

gman
01-25-2010, 12:10 PM
Another real positive, if I look this good at 15%, I will look really awesome at 10 and great at 5.

freebirdmac
01-25-2010, 12:12 PM
Another real positive, if I look this good at 15%, I will look really awesome at 10 and great at 5.

That's the way to look at it Mike!

gman
01-25-2010, 12:38 PM
That's the way to look at it Mike!

I have a feeling I am going to end up in Carl from the other board's weight division---BANTAM

AnglicanBeachParty
01-25-2010, 12:38 PM
big wake up call...makes me want to work even harder

15% bf, yup!

no abs, there's a good reason for that! I am still too fat!

the really good things from this:

I was 43.25 lbs of fat when I started, am 30.14lbs now.

I have added almost a half lb of bone weight, so my bones are getting even more strong and dense which is always a good thing.

So, what was the Before/After Lean Body Mass?

gman
01-25-2010, 12:41 PM
So, what was the Before/After Lean Body Mass?

172 vs 167

nonketo vs keto...so Dr Smo says not comparable, water in the 172 and not in the 167.

If I assume I would be 172lbm tomorrow morning with a big carb meal tonight, then I would be 202 lbs with 30lbs of fat, vs the 197 today with 30 lbs of fat.

14.85 vs 15.22 %

Doc says to concentrate on losing fat and don't worry about the lbm going down 5.

freebirdmac
01-25-2010, 01:04 PM
172 vs 167

nonketo vs keto...so Dr Smo says not comparable, water in the 172 and not in the 167.

If I assume I would be 172lbm tomorrow morning with a big carb meal tonight, then I would be 202 lbs with 30lbs of fat, vs the 197 today with 30 lbs of fat.

14.85 vs 15.22 %

Doc says to concentrate on losing fat and don't worry about the lbm going down 5.

That's something everyone needs to keep in mind with dexascans. If it's not fat or bone, it's lbm. Which means water is counted as lbm.

I think you're weaker simply because you're eating so little :)

gman
01-25-2010, 01:09 PM
Oh I don't mind weak, I just want to be lean!

gman
01-25-2010, 01:12 PM
I did a leg day today:

Squats: 20/135 15/155 12/185 8/205 7/225

Plie squats with 75lb db: 15 20 20 20

Close stance leg press: 20/8 plates 17/10 plates 15/10 plate 12/12 plates

One leg leg extensions: 4 sets to failure at 110 lbs.

30 minutes of easy cardio

hopefully weather holds for a while so I can start walking to and from work again.

If not, going to have to start 1 hour 2x a day...maybe more

bodyhard
01-25-2010, 04:15 PM
I did a leg day today:

Squats: 20/135 15/155 12/185 8/205 7/225

Plie squats with 75lb db: 15 20 20 20

Close stance leg press: 20/8 plates 17/10 plates 15/10 plate 12/12 plates

One leg leg extensions: 4 sets to failure at 110 lbs.

30 minutes of easy cardio

hopefully weather holds for a while so I can start walking to and from work again.

If not, going to have to start 1 hour 2x a day...maybe more

OK I need to ask, wtf are plie squats?

gman
01-25-2010, 04:18 PM
The Plie Squat involves a variation on foot placement that helps target your leg muscles in different ways. In a plie squat, for example, you incorporate a bit more inner thigh than in traditional squats. This can be a nice variation to add to your routine if you need a new challenge. Just take care when lowering down and only go as far as your flexibility will allow. Here's how:

1. Begin in a wide stance with toes out at a comfortable angle. Your knees will need to stay alined with your toes, so don't go out too far.
2. To add weight you can hold dumbbells on the upper thighs, a single dumbbell in front or a barbell on the shoulders or behind the head.
3. Bend the knees and lower down into a squat, keeping knees in line with toes, abs contracted and back straight.
4. Only go down as low as you can without compromising your flexibility or your balance.
5. Push back to start without locking the knees.

Bob45
01-25-2010, 04:23 PM
Like a sumo db squat?

gman
01-25-2010, 04:29 PM
I think that would be a good synonym!

gman
01-25-2010, 05:22 PM
OK, I have to be honest....I was crushed by the dexascan. Holy shit, I am still fat as fuck.
And I feel horrible that I have not even gotten halfway to where I need to be in almost 15 weeks of dieting. I can't do anything except keep going, because it is what it is.

It looks bleak, but I can do it. I am thinking I need to cut to 178 to be 10%, but that's ok. It's just a number.

Now I feel better because I was honest and forthright.

Bob45
01-25-2010, 05:55 PM
What are the details of the Columbus contest? Is it posing among others and judging against them? Is it a before and after type contest or what?

freebirdmac
01-25-2010, 05:58 PM
OK, I have to be honest....I was crushed by the dexascan. Holy shit, I am still fat as fuck.
And I feel horrible that I have not even gotten halfway to where I need to be in almost 15 weeks of dieting. I can't do anything except keep going, because it is what it is.

It looks bleak, but I can do it. I am thinking I need to cut to 178 to be 10%, but that's ok. It's just a number.

Now I feel better because I was honest and forthright.

I was wondering when that would come out :)

It's one thing to know that you have more body fat to lose than even you realize. It's another to have cold hard numbers to back it up. Just look at your picts! You have come a long, long way. Forget the numbers, you look great! And it will only get better. You're undoing years of eating in a relatively short period of time. Once you're at 10% and learn to maintain it, you'll have the rest of your life to enjoy this effort.

gman
01-25-2010, 06:00 PM
What are the details of the Columbus contest? Is it posing among others and judging against them? Is it a before and after type contest or what?

to be honest, no one really knows anything about this contest other than it is definitely going to be held! I am not shitting you.

gman
01-25-2010, 06:04 PM
I was wondering when that would come out :)

It's one thing to know that you have more body fat to lose than even you realize. It's another to have cold hard numbers to back it up. Just look at your picts! You have come a long, long way. Forget the numbers, you look great! And it will only get better. You're undoing years of eating in a relatively short period of time. Once you're at 10% and learn to maintain it, you'll have the rest of your life to enjoy this effort.

I know I look a lot better, and I am not going to give up...just hard to come to grips with the fact that I am just an average sized, medium framed, average genetics guy under all the fat! All these years I thought I was big and muscular...nope...just average.

I will look pretty good at 175 walking around and 160 on stage. Just never thought I would be that small...

Bob45
01-25-2010, 06:07 PM
to be honest, no one really knows anything about this contest other than it is definitely going to be held! I am not shitting you.

Pam had some great points. Look at the change in yourself. Don't worry about numbers and stressing to be 5% for this show. Just continue getting leaner and holding all the muscle you can. You look great and will be getting better and better. What else can you do? There is no way to rush it.

gman
01-25-2010, 06:09 PM
Pam had some great points. Look at the change in yourself. Don't worry about numbers and stressing to be 5% for this show. Just continue getting leaner and holding all the muscle you can. You look great and will be getting better and better. What else can you do? There is no way to rush it.

Exactly...you just have to keep going and get there, no stopping now. It just doesn't matter what the numbers are....it's a 6 pack, 30" waist, and posing well. I will get there one of these months, not too far off.

Bob45
01-25-2010, 06:09 PM
I know I look a lot better, and I am not going to give up...just hard to come to grips with the fact that I am just an average sized, medium framed, average genetics guy under all the fat! All these years I thought I was big and muscular...nope...just average.

I will look pretty good at 175 walking around and 160 on stage. Just never thought I would be that small...

How many years have you been lifting steadily?

gman
01-25-2010, 06:12 PM
4 and 1/2

Bob45
01-25-2010, 06:15 PM
4 and 1/2

The guys with a ton of muscle have been lifting for years and years. You were mainly concentrating on losing fat the whole time I knew you. You have a lot of muscle for doing that. Look at it that way.

gman
01-25-2010, 06:20 PM
The guys with a ton of muscle have been lifting for years and years. You were mainly concentrating on losing fat the whole time I knew you. You have a lot of muscle for doing that. Look at it that way.

At least I have my calves! lol No one can ever take those away.

I am ok, Bob. Just had to vent a little

freebirdmac
01-25-2010, 06:20 PM
Once you're at 10% you'll see where you'll want to add size a lot easier than previously. And see the benefits of your mass adding attempts easier. Don't beat yourself up. You have a lot more mass than you realize. Once you drop more body fat, tan up, and get your posing down you'll see. Actually people who are used to seeing you have already told you that you were getting bigger! They aren't blowing smoke up your ass!

Bob45
01-25-2010, 06:24 PM
At least I have my calves! lol No one can ever take those away.

I am ok, Bob. Just had to vent a little

Okay then. Carry on, lol.

Asmolenski
01-25-2010, 07:24 PM

Mike you are far from average ... there aren't many guys walking around at 195 lbs with 14% body fat! You are far from average!!!!

Dr Smo

gman
01-25-2010, 07:41 PM
Mike you are far from average ... there aren't many guys walking around at 195 lbs with 14% body fat! You are far from average!!!!

Dr Smo

you forgot to mention how handsome I am too.

Nah, just needed to vent a little, I am good now.

BTW, I measured at 5'8 and 3/4" today at the doc. I am trying to figure out how I have grown 3/4"

Maybe I was saying I look taller in the pics was because I was taller in the pics.

Might be better posture from not carrying so much weight around

gman
01-25-2010, 07:47 PM
Once you're at 10% you'll see where you'll want to add size a lot easier than previously. And see the benefits of your mass adding attempts easier. Don't beat yourself up. You have a lot more mass than you realize. Once you drop more body fat, tan up, and get your posing down you'll see. Actually people who are used to seeing you have already told you that you were getting bigger! They aren't blowing smoke up your ass!

It's going to be great Pam! I just needed this reality check...it was a good thing over the long run to know.

Asmolenski
01-25-2010, 07:47 PM
Lets put things in the proper perspective. The average defensive back entering the NFL in 2006 was 5'11'', 196 lbs, BMI 26.8 and you are 5'9", 195 lbs, BMI 28. If you look back at 1972 before steroids became rampant the average quarterback entering the NFL was 6'1" 201 lbs BMI 26 --- so as you can see Mike you are NOT AVERAGE!!!!!

Dr Smo

freebirdmac
01-25-2010, 07:51 PM
He's spoiled by seeing all of the physiques here and elsewhere. It warps your perception.

Asmolenski
01-25-2010, 07:54 PM
He's spoiled by seeing all of the physiques here and elsewhere. It warps your perception.

Exactly! The guy who graduates at the bottom of his class at MIT does not have average intelligience -- he is just surrounded by a bunch of geniuses....

gman
01-25-2010, 08:03 PM

Exactly! The guy who graduates at the bottom of his class at MIT does not have average intelligience -- he is just surrounded by a bunch of geniuses....

That's probably it...seriously. I am the best built 48 year old in my gym, that's for sure. Top of the class at the little Y! Not in the forum, but that's ok.

gman
01-25-2010, 08:07 PM
So Allen, any theories on how I am suddenly almost 5'9"? I feel like a new man with this added 3/4"!

Asmolenski
01-25-2010, 08:11 PM
That's probably it...seriously. I am the best built 48 year old in my gym, that's for sure. Top of the class at the little Y! Not in the forum, but that's ok.

Mike you are more than an inch shorter than me and you have more lean mass than I do! You are not the smallest guy on these forums! Get this negative crap out of your head - you are a bodybuilder!

Dr Smo

Asmolenski
01-25-2010, 08:14 PM
So Allen, any theories on how I am suddenly almost 5'9"? I feel like a new man with this added 3/4"!

Hmmm....you are probably just standing a little taller now that your confidence is up!

gman
01-25-2010, 08:17 PM
I wish the extra 3/4" had gone somewhere else, but I take what I can get...

I think I just stand taller now. I used to 5'9" way back in the dark ages, but measured 5'8" many times in the recent past.

freebirdmac
01-25-2010, 08:19 PM
You just need to stop thinking :D

Asmolenski
01-25-2010, 08:22 PM
I wish the extra 3/4" had gone somewhere else, but I take what I can get...

My wife tells me she will divorce me if I get any bigger -- so be careful what you wish for lol....

gman
01-25-2010, 08:24 PM
My wife tells me she will divorce me if I get any bigger -- so be careful what you wish for lol....

it would be nice to find out!

Asmolenski
01-25-2010, 08:28 PM
it would be nice to find out!

Maybe thats what happened to Tiger Woods?

blu2xtreme
01-25-2010, 09:05 PM
You just need to stop thinking :D

He does over think things :yep:
You need to be more free spirited like me:p

gman
01-26-2010, 05:37 AM
I am going to step away from posting so much for a while. I need to be more diligent at work anyway, and I haven't had discipline to make myself stay off during the day. I am going to try to limit myself to coming on only at night and early morning, none during the day.

I did gain 4.4 lbs since last tuesday, and I need to get myself under control before I totally blow it. I am 194.4 this morning. I am not eating according to plan, and have determined that I am definitely a stress eater. Not bad foods, just too much of the good stuff.

I am under tremendous pressure at work, plus personal issues, and on top of it, trying to lean out. I will be fine, I know, just need to try harder

Baldiewonkanobi
01-26-2010, 06:33 AM
1. Family/friends
2. Work
3. Self indulgence/training/diet restrictions
4. Bodybuilding forums

Working formula.

See you Wednesday. :byeb:

Baldie

Mac
01-26-2010, 06:43 AM
I am under tremendous pressure at work, plus personal issues, and on top of it, trying to lean out. I will be fine, I know, just need to try harder

You picked the wrong month to try and peak for a quasi-BB competition.

With all the stress you're citing and it's tax time, maybe you should rethink your priorities. That's not to say give up, but you're trying to go too far too fast, in my opinion.

You made f'n fantastic progress that i would hate to see your desire squashed because you disappointing yourself by not attaining an unrealistic [at this time] goal.

AnglicanBeachParty
01-26-2010, 06:49 AM

I'm not sure I quite agree with the last bit.

I think you are trying plenty hard. Possibly even too hard, so don't kick yourself for that.

I would say: stay the course and be patient. Remember when you thought you'd never get under 200 lbs? But you did! These things take time. It's more of a "marathon" than a "sprint".

blu2xtreme
01-26-2010, 07:39 AM
You can do this coach
keep smiling you have already done amazing things
see ya soon:hugme:

freebirdmac
01-26-2010, 08:34 AM
What you're trying to accomplish isn't for wimps :) Hang in there and take care of the other aspects of your life.

Bob45
01-26-2010, 08:48 AM
So the life of the party won't be around as much. You have almost 25k hits on this thread. The eating seems to get to you the most. Too bad you can't come up with a diet plan that isn't torture. You say you like keto. Then when you slurge it isn't keto foods. At least with a plan allowing some carbs you can squeak a cheat in here and there. You can still get the right macros too. A diet that is so hard to stick to makes you just want to go nuts and eat everything you can.

I've always had the same problem. I could never have a long term disciplined diet plan I could stick to. This 40p 30c 30f is keeping me very satisfied.

gman
01-26-2010, 09:13 AM
popping in to log my workout, will be on tonight some

Circuit 4x through, but with rest. I am listing what I did as if it was a normal 4 sets per exercise. so you have to read it different than that to see the circuit.

Weighted dips, 45 lb plate: 12 9 9 8

Pushups on upside down bosu ball: 32 34 29 26

Flat flys: 12/50 10/50 12/50 5/50 (WTF!)

Incline db press: 9/70 8/70 7/65 4/65

Inclinle db fly: 8/50 8/50 7/50 6/50

45 minutes at 125 cardio

Have a good day everyone!

Bob45
01-26-2010, 09:34 AM
Have a great day Mike!

Asmolenski
01-26-2010, 10:25 AM
You look great Mike - keep going with your program! Your are down almost 15 lbs fat - it is working... its just not as fast as you want it to be. You are working harder than everyone else. I want you to watch Pumping Iron ASAP - look at how confident Arnold was and how he used psychological warfare against Lou Ferrigno. You remind me of Mike Katz in that movie - he was a nice guy but he had too many negative thoughts which eventually brought him down. Like others said this is a marathon not a 100 yard dash - keep taking one step at a time. You have to BELIEVE your plan is working! You are a winner in my book Mike! Stay Hungry!

Dr Smo

buckimscl
01-26-2010, 10:29 AM
Keep going Mike we aren't that far away bro!

Asmolenski
01-26-2010, 10:33 AM
http://www.ifbb.com/history/images/photo5_73.jpg

gman
01-26-2010, 01:14 PM
What you're trying to accomplish isn't for wimps :) Hang in there and take care of the other aspects of your life.

Am going to win the contest, for sure!

So the life of the party won't be around as much. You have almost 25k hits on this thread. The eating seems to get to you the most. Too bad you can't come up with a diet plan that isn't torture. You say you like keto. Then when you slurge it isn't keto foods. At least with a plan allowing some carbs you can squeak a cheat in here and there. You can still get the right macros too. A diet that is so hard to stick to makes you just want to go nuts and eat everything you can.

I've always had the same problem. I could never have a long term disciplined diet plan I could stick to. This 40p 30c 30f is keeping me very satisfied.

I didn't eat nonketo foods Bob, just way too much fat!

You look great Mike - keep going with your program! Your are down almost 15 lbs fat - it is working... its just not as fast as you want it to be. You are working harder than everyone else. I want you to watch Pumping Iron ASAP - look at how confident Arnold was and how he used psychological warfare against Lou Ferrigno. You remind me of Mike Katz in that movie - he was a nice guy but he had too many negative thoughts which eventually brought him down. Like others said this is a marathon not a 100 yard dash - keep taking one step at a time. You have to BELIEVE your plan is working! You are a winner in my book Mike! Stay Hungry!

Dr Smo

I know it's working Allen, just need to work harder. I am going to get fired if I hang on here too much!

Keep going Mike we aren't that far away bro!

Oh, no doubt about it Bucki...I am still going to win this thing. I have my secret weapon from visiting my chiro today...I am not going to disclose what I am doing until I get done doing it! But I guarantee I will be less than 180 at the show.

gman
01-26-2010, 01:17 PM
Wow, I got worked over by the chiro today in my upper right trap and he also popped my shoulder back into place...I had trouble pressing today on that side because of pain, and this popping back in brought immediate relief.

Back to work now...see you guys later

Baldiewonkanobi
01-26-2010, 01:17 PM
Mike :byeb: you are allowed only one post per day :byeb:

Baldie

gman
01-26-2010, 04:11 PM
ok, Baldie, I am trying, but I had to come on right now just to see how things were...

good day at work so far. Getting a big draft done for a client, then on to the final adjustments for a nonprofit I am auditing. I hope to get the numbers over to the tax guy here to start on the tax return for this one.

All in all, a good day out so far, and still 4-5 hours of work to go today before I go home.

I won't overeat anymore because I won't be home where all the bad stuff is until bedtime. It's a good diet strategy I think.

esplendido
01-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Mike,

You have entered the toughest phase in dieting...the last 5 weeks. This is where champions are made. You will be hungrier and wearier than you've ever experienced. You will have moments where you try to convince yourself that an extra bite or an extra serving won't hurt anything.

That moment is where you need to find a bathroom with a mirror, pull up your shirt, tighten your abs and ask yourself if you are satisfied with the way they look. If the answer is no, do not reward yourself with that extra food. Say to yourself instead, 'by not eating that extra food, I'm taking more off this midsection'. Let that reality fasten your resolve in place. Tell yourself that hunger is success. Look forward to the moment after you take the prize, where you can induldge in a victory meal.

In the words of Winston Churchill, "never give up, never, never, never give up!" And from the Bible, "After you have done all you can do to stand, stand!"

gman
01-26-2010, 06:08 PM
I am on here thanks to busting my ass to get the second project of the day done. I am rewarding myself for a few minutes with an Rx fix! Handed off the info to the tax guy just now! Another thing off my plate, which is still stacked to the ceiling, but has a inch of room at the top now!

Thanks, Rick...I have pulled it together today, and have not strayed one bite. I am going to make it. I have experienced all of those feelings every day for the past week or two. I am not going to give in any longer. I can do anything for 5 weeks, I have to keep remembering that.

My chiro is who got me into this almost 5 years ago...I went to see him today for an in-person pep talk....he is behind me to the T and will do whatever it takes to help me make it. His weight below is 174 and he is my height...he says I can do it, and I will do it!

TJ Morgan, a great friend, bodybuilder and chiropractor...the funny thing is, I have better legs than he does in person...don't tell him I said that ;)

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/CIMG0469.jpg

freebirdmac
01-26-2010, 06:37 PM
I may need to get your chiro's phone number and address.
He's married right? :D

gman
01-26-2010, 06:42 PM
I may need to get your chiro's phone number and address.
He's married right? :D

yeah, he's married! :(

he is walking around at that weight all the time now. Maybe 3-4 lbs above at most.

He played football at Wake and University of Richmond, tailback.

He is the one that told me I had great symmetry under my 240lbs of fat 4 1/2 years ago! I didn't believe him back then, I do now.

freebirdmac
01-26-2010, 07:00 PM
I've never gone to a chiro. I always looked on them very leerily.

GirlyMuscle
01-26-2010, 07:36 PM
People who stay that lean all the time annoy me. (nothing personal) I wish I could.

bodyhard
01-26-2010, 07:40 PM
People who stay that lean all the time annoy me. (nothing personal) I wish I could.

<------- Stays lean all his life and hates it

freebirdmac
01-26-2010, 07:57 PM
<------stays lean but doesn't have your awesome muscles!

bodyhard
01-26-2010, 07:59 PM

You will soon ;)

freebirdmac
01-26-2010, 08:11 PM
You will soon ;)

I'm a realist. Even under awesome conditions it'll still take years to add on significantly. I've got the time :)

gman
01-26-2010, 09:04 PM
In case you really want the address and phone number, Pam....here is the website

http://www.morganwellnesscenter.com/main.htm

it has a video about his practice...back when he wasn't in contest shape all the time...I am guessing 190-200 in the video.

freebirdmac
01-26-2010, 09:15 PM
In case you really want the address and phone number, Pam....here is the website

http://www.morganwellnesscenter.com/main.htm

it has a video about his practice...back when he wasn't in contest shape all the time...I am guessing 190-200 in the video.

Thanks!

gman
01-26-2010, 09:17 PM
We gotta hit the gym again before Columbus...you ever train on Sundays? I work all day on Saturday this time of year

It would be fun to mess with Max and come in together holding hands while he was there! :p

freebirdmac
01-26-2010, 09:19 PM
We gotta hit the gym again before Columbus...you ever train on Sundays? I work all day on Saturday this time of year

Hey I'm a free agent now! My workout days are my choosing!

Well not exactly. I'll be starting a new routine next week. Guess who's setting it for me :D

gman
01-26-2010, 09:21 PM
Me? I am the coach you know!!

Or is it Bodyhard?

Seriously, let me know a Sunday and we can train. It would be a good day for me to do abs and maybe shoulders.

Sledge
01-26-2010, 09:21 PM
<------- Stays lean all his life and hates it

Yeah I have the same problem.

ok i'm out of here before GM comes in an kills my fantasy world.

freebirdmac
01-26-2010, 09:27 PM
Me? I am the coach you know!!

Or is it Bodyhard?

Seriously, let me know a Sunday and we can train. It would be a good day for me to do abs and maybe shoulders.

Any Sunday would be fine. I should know soon what my routine is going to be.

gman
01-26-2010, 09:33 PM
Just make sure I don't have to go on the stair machine again. I am frail and thin now.

gman
01-26-2010, 09:35 PM
I ate really really well today, I am finally back in the groove again.

I look forward to kicking everyone's butt in Columbus now!

blu2xtreme
01-26-2010, 09:40 PM
I ate really really well today, I am finally back in the groove again.

I look forward to kicking everyone's butt in Columbus now!

Glad to hear it ...If I went all the way to Columbus to watch you my coach win and you sucked ...I wouldn't be very happy:)

freebirdmac
01-26-2010, 09:43 PM
Just make sure I don't have to go on the stair machine again. I am frail and thin now.

Ha! Sorry bub! This time I'll tell them to put plastic sheets down around the machine :D

HeavyDutyGuy
01-26-2010, 09:47 PM
Right on Mike! Go get em! Run over them!

gman
01-26-2010, 09:47 PM
Glad to hear it ...If I went all the way to Columbus to watch you my coach win and you sucked ...I wouldn't be very happy:)

no worries, if I have a 4 pack at 15%, I got this in the bag if I lose 10-15 more lbs! :p

Ha! Sorry bub! This time I'll tell them to put plastic sheets down around the machine :D

I think the machine rusted out from last time I was there.

gman
01-26-2010, 09:51 PM
Right on Mike! Go get em! Run over them!

I am going to finish strong and surprise even myself!

gman
01-26-2010, 10:05 PM
My sob story of the day...we got our health insurance renewal today...

I never thought I would feel like I won the lottery when I said my health insurance only went up 15%....but I do.

It's now going to $1400 per month. My house payment is $1700. almost as much, probably next year it will be.

gman
01-27-2010, 05:47 AM
Forgot about Dr Smo's post above...TJ loaned me Pumping Iron...I am going to watch it this weekend when I have a little free time.

gman
01-27-2010, 05:54 AM
OK, this is Day 1 of TJ's 3 week challenge to me. I weighed 191.8 today on my scale. We will see what I weigh on Day 21.

Baldiewonkanobi
01-27-2010, 06:39 AM
Mike....with your genetics you can whooop your Chiro buddy. Ripped up and with your bis and legs you win. I have the eye to see thru fat. Hey, did Dr. Smo ever do your T3 levels? With your diet I would be standing on the freeway onramp with a sign around my neck and a cup begging for food. I was warned yesterday by a friend...don't get ready too soon. I eat a whole lot more than you do. Could it be my c c c c c caffeine?

My PPO insurance is like yours $750 per mo for just 2 of us. $1500 deduct each then I pay 20% of the bill from Doc or hospital. This year $19,000 outta pocket :hypno:. I can buy the same plan in Indiana for 1/2. Laws prevent me like you from shopping across State lines. My kids have put their 3 college kids on to their respective college ins. plans and cut the exp. in half. Looking back my kids never were sick all those years I covered them with one exception when my son was shot in the calf muscle by accident. My 3 adult grandkids have never been sick with maybe an antibiotic here and there. What?? Over a hundred grand paid out for nothing essentialy. If we can pool our insurance with like employed others (me...big rig truck salesmen) and cross State lines to shop for the best policy at the best price costs will drop in half over night. That's all congress needs to do. NOTHING ELSE.

Baldie

Baldiewonkanobi
01-27-2010, 07:09 AM
Mike...you are in Virginia Beach....right?

http://www.rxmuscle.com/videos/c-interviews/1106-jackie-roberts-wins-womens-spokesperson-model-search-at-the-2010-la-fit-expo.html

Coooool :yep: Nice friend to have.

Baldie

freebirdmac
01-27-2010, 07:17 AM
Did they zoom in on her ass enough? :eek:

Baldiewonkanobi
01-27-2010, 07:42 AM

Depends on whether you are looking thru girlie eyes or a mans eyes. All physique, fitness and bikini model competitors want you to see their their best body parts. Sswhy they stand there all but nekid. And when I'm ready you get to see mine :D .

Baldie

blu2xtreme
01-27-2010, 08:27 AM
OK, this is Day 1 of TJ's 3 week challenge to me. I weighed 191.8 today on my scale. We will see what I weigh on Day 21.

I know you will do great with TJ's challenge!
You should try and hold off progress pics for 21 days ( I know this will be hard for you ) so you can really see the progress.

Have a great day coach :hmn:
back day today if you have time to send it

Bob45
01-27-2010, 09:10 AM

I wasn't going to watch the video until you said that, lol.

blu2xtreme
01-27-2010, 09:13 AM
I wasn't going to watch the video until you said that, lol.

Hell, I even watched after he said that:p

Sledge
01-27-2010, 09:27 AM

Haven't you watched the iron asylum vids before. Most of the women are training on leg days. Lots of lying leg curls and stuff. Common theme.

Bob45
01-27-2010, 09:28 AM
Hell, I even watched after he said that:p

I might even watch it again.

Sledge
01-27-2010, 09:29 AM
That woman does have a rather magnificent bubble butt though.

Bob45
01-27-2010, 09:32 AM
That woman does have a rather magnificent bubble butt though.

Plus a beautiful face.

gman
01-27-2010, 09:32 AM
It is quite a pleasant bubble butt, isn't it?

I don't know her, she did not mention the name of the studio she works at either, but I probably couldn't afford it anyway! If it's called a studio, that is a code name for pricey!

Sledge
01-27-2010, 09:33 AM
She had a face???????? Hell I'll have to watch again I never noticed.

Sledge
01-27-2010, 09:36 AM
Still didn't see it. I'll have to watch again

freebirdmac
01-27-2010, 09:36 AM
Haven't you watched the iron asylum vids before. Most of the women are training on leg days. Lots of lying leg curls and stuff. Common theme.

Nope. I tend to read articles and only watch vids for exercise form. But you're right, I'm not a guy.

Sledge
01-27-2010, 09:38 AM
They have exercises in those vids???? I'll have to watch again

gman
01-27-2010, 09:41 AM
My workout today was a little different:

Walked finally, so did a 2 mile walk in to the Y

DB rows, both arms at once: up the rack in 5 lb increments. Started at 30, got up to 95 before I gave out, so I did 13 sets.

Then bb shrugs: 4 sets using 275 (I have lost some strength on these definitely). 11, 10, 9, 8

Wide pullups: 11 8 6

Narrow chins: 10 9 6

30 minutes on bike, low heart rate.

will walk another 2 1/2 miles tonight to go home

gman
01-27-2010, 09:48 AM
Mike....with your genetics you can whooop your Chiro buddy. Ripped up and with your bis and legs you win. I have the eye to see thru fat. Hey, did Dr. Smo ever do your T3 levels? With your diet I would be standing on the freeway onramp with a sign around my neck and a cup begging for food. I was warned yesterday by a friend...don't get ready too soon. I eat a whole lot more than you do. Could it be my c c c c c caffeine?

Baldie

Dr Smo did check my thyroid...it's slow enough that I need T4 and T3, so I am on it right now. We will check levels and see where things are after a few more weeks. I think that's part of why I am so hungry lately, the T3 is kicking in.

I am flattered about you seeing through the fat, just can't imagine looking better than TJ

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/tjfrontflexed.jpg

gman
01-27-2010, 12:37 PM
Hungry!!!!

Hungry is good, hungry is very good

Baldiewonkanobi
01-27-2010, 04:53 PM
Hungry!!!!

Hungry is good, hungry is very good

ahhhhhh go suck an ice cube (can you do that on TJs diet?)

Baldie

gman
01-27-2010, 04:55 PM
ahhhhhh go suck an ice cube (can you do that on TJs diet?)

Baldie

Yeah, I think that's allowed...no ice in our office fridge though!

gman
01-27-2010, 07:05 PM
Can't wait until I get home and have my big meal of the day...8 oz chicken breast and 4 cups of lettuce with vinegar and oil....I leave at 730 and walk 45 minutes to get home. I am so damn hungry, but that's what I have to do, be hungry for my damn abs to show!

freebirdmac
01-27-2010, 07:17 PM
How many cals are you eating now? Macros?

gman
01-27-2010, 07:23 PM
It's a secret. I will tell all at the end, if I live.

Shadow
01-27-2010, 07:24 PM

R'uh r'oh

gman
01-27-2010, 07:27 PM
R'uh r'oh

Not that bad, Shadow...I promise! Just having some fun!

Shadow
01-27-2010, 07:48 PM
Not that bad, Shadow...I promise! Just having some fun!

Hahaha, okay, good!

freebirdmac
01-27-2010, 08:01 PM

Just wondering if a slight adjustment, more fat less protein, would help the hunger pangs.

Bob45
01-27-2010, 08:11 PM
Wish I was coming over for a chicken dinner. I haven't had chicken in a couple hours.

freebirdmac
01-27-2010, 08:37 PM
Heh. Went to Trader Joe's today for my weekly chicken run. All they had left were packs of 1.2 pounds or less. Usually I can buy several packs of 1.6+ pounds. I had to wipe them out. Bought over 7 packs. If I eat some tuna and a steak I think I can make it last a week :D

gman
01-27-2010, 08:38 PM
Just wondering if a slight adjustment, more fat less protein, would help the hunger pangs.

It's just less food, so I have to get used to it for a few days, I will be ok

Wish I was coming over for a chicken dinner. I haven't had chicken in a couple hours.

I have plenty, I cooked a bunch Sunday!

It's actually quite yummy...put a bunch of bagged lettuce in a bowl, shredded the chicken up over it, and drizzled 2 tbsp of Kraft Italian Vinaigrette made with olive oil over it....

buckimscl
01-27-2010, 08:41 PM
Keep it up Mike!

gman
01-27-2010, 08:51 PM
Keep it up Mike!

3 weeks from now I will be so happy I did this!

Don't look now, but they are saying the S word for friday night and Saturday around here

Won't believe it until it happens.

Shadow
01-27-2010, 08:55 PM
3 weeks from now I will be so happy I did this!

Don't look now, but they are saying the S word for friday night and Saturday around here

Won't believe it until it happens.

Same here. But they've said that a few other times since the HUUUUGGGEEEE snow we got, that's still hanging around in big chunks. Won't believe it until it happens either!

gman
01-27-2010, 09:01 PM
You're in Va too, right? What part?

MsGuns
01-27-2010, 09:05 PM
Whats up peeps?

Shadow
01-27-2010, 09:05 PM
You're in Va too, right? What part?

Haha, I've dropped hints here and there. I guess I'm invisible enough to say, lol. Charlottesville.

gman
01-27-2010, 09:06 PM
Heh. Went to Trader Joe's today for my weekly chicken run. All they had left were packs of 1.2 pounds or less. Usually I can buy several packs of 1.6+ pounds. I had to wipe them out. Bought over 7 packs. If I eat some tuna and a steak I think I can make it last a week :D

that store is not a good place for me to go right now...too much good stuff!

I did find out the other day that I will not be eating tuna any longer. I had a thing called a Nutreval test a while back and never went over it with my old doc. finally went and got the results...mercury is high in my body.

could be from the numerous fillings I have, but I also consumed mass quantities of tuna for several years after I started bodybuilding

gman
01-27-2010, 09:09 PM
Haha, I've dropped hints here and there. I guess I'm invisible enough to say, lol. Charlottesville.

I knew you were a 'hoo fan, but didn't know you were up there.

My son is having a lot of fun his final semester at UVA. Spent winter break in Costa Rica with his buds. On his own dime.

Shadow
01-27-2010, 09:11 PM
I knew you were a hoo fan, but didn't know you were up there.

My son is having a lot of fun his final semester. Spent winter break in Costa Rica with his buds. On his own dime.

Damn, I'll bet that was nice. I don't even know what semester I'm in anymore, LOL. Damn I hate school, hahaha.

AnglicanBeachParty
01-27-2010, 09:12 PM
Whats up peeps?

Final Score: MsGuns - 1 Pit - 0

Welcome back! :)

gman
01-27-2010, 09:17 PM
Whats up peeps?

I totally missed this post...glad you're back!

Awesome to have her back, isn't it?

gman
01-27-2010, 09:18 PM
Damn, I'll bet that was nice. I don't even know what semester I'm in anymore, LOL. Damn I hate school, hahaha.

He does too! lol...the actual school part, anyway

freebirdmac
01-27-2010, 09:35 PM
that store is not a good place for me to go right now...too much good stuff!

I did find out the other day that I will not be eating tuna any longer. I had a thing called a Nutreval test a while back and never went over it with my old doc. finally went and got the results...mercury is high in my body.

could be from the numerous fillings I have, but I also consumed mass quantities of tuna for several years after I started bodybuilding

Yeah. I keep the tuna to no more than 2x week. I have to buy straight off the boat so it's pricy anyway. Although I found a really good place in Poquoson that has very good prices.

freebirdmac
01-27-2010, 09:37 PM
Ewwww. UVA :nonono:

I'm a JMU alumn. Sister is a VaTech alum.

MsGuns
01-27-2010, 09:53 PM

Thx Paul...I dont know how long Im back for...still one thing needs to go.

I totally missed this post...glad you're back!

Awesome to have her back, isn't it?

Thats ok Mike, I should have posted a personal HI MIKE!

AnglicanBeachParty
01-27-2010, 10:11 PM
Thx Paul...I dont know how long Im back for...still one thing needs to go.

Well, anyhow, it is good to see you for as long as you're here!

gman
01-28-2010, 05:44 AM
I am going to use this post as a day by day chart of this diet, weight is in morning before food, on my scale. I will just copy and paste it every morning, and add the next day to it:

Day 1: 191.8
Day 2: 189.4

freebirdmac
01-28-2010, 06:09 AM
Under 190!!!!!!!!

Congrats Mike :D

Baldiewonkanobi
01-28-2010, 06:26 AM
You gave up tuna and got Ms. Guns....not bad.

Baldie

blu2xtreme
01-28-2010, 08:37 AM
I am going to use this post as a day by day chart of this diet, weight is in morning before food, on my scale. I will just copy and paste it every morning, and add the next day to it:

Day 1: 191.8
Day 2: 189.4

Awesome start Mike
can't wait to see the results in 20 days