PDA

View Full Version : Mike and Paula's Journal of Life, Love and Ever-Changing Goals

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

buckimscl
10-17-2009, 01:43 PM
Does her husband know you're doing this? ;)

Shhh, no he doesn't and it's some damn fine pooch.:yep:

gman
10-17-2009, 05:23 PM
did my hour of cardio and we went to my daughter's swim meet, she won all 5 events she was in.

So far today

3 eggs, 1 cup of egg whites, 3 tbsp of parmesan

2 scoops of whey, 1.5 tbsp of peanut butter

2 scoops of whey, 1.5 tbsp of peanut butter

It's 5 o'clock and I have no desire to eat any more today...will eat another big egg meal...might or might not eat after that, depends on how I feel

buckimscl
10-17-2009, 05:30 PM
Congrats on the daughter rockin the swim meet bro. The eating becomes a chore that's for sure.

gman
10-17-2009, 05:32 PM
I just hope it's not a bad sign that I am not hungry, it is a rare condition.

My daughter is one of the oldest in her age group of 9-10
when she ages up in November, she will become one of the youngest in the 11-12 age group, and will go back to the middle of the pack for a time.

I am happy she is enjoying being the queen bee for now!

Baldiewonkanobi
10-17-2009, 05:32 PM
:skull: (could not find a farting smilie face)

"You are what you eat"

Baldie

gman
10-17-2009, 05:34 PM
So does that mean I am turning into peanut butter cup whey? lol

Welcome back my friend...depends and all.

bigdaddyd
10-17-2009, 05:40 PM
Congrats on your daughters meet G. Good intake so far. If you are what you eat then I'm in trouble amigo.

gman
10-17-2009, 06:59 PM
Congrats on your daughters meet G. Good intake so far. If you are what you eat then I'm in trouble amigo.

thanks, D...went and lay down for an hour, never quite fell asleep, but I feel a little better now...eating my 3 eggs, and 1 1/2 cups of egg whites with parmesan and Franks Hot sauce right now.

Not sure if my lack of hunger and tired feeling earlier was blood sugar or just tiredeness, but I feel a little better now.

blu2xtreme
10-17-2009, 07:21 PM
Way cool - bet your daughter is smiling big time :yep:

You need to eat - sound familiar:p

Glad your feeling better

gman
10-17-2009, 07:45 PM
Way cool - bet your daughter is smiling big time :yep:

You need to eat - sound familiar:p

Glad your feeling better

I rode to the Arby's with her on our bikes in 50 degree weather and bought her a roast beef and cheddar with curly fries as a reward...I had diet peach tea...that took some self control

blu2xtreme
10-17-2009, 07:55 PM
I rode to the Arby's with her on our bikes in 50 degree weather and bought her a roast beef and cheddar with curly fries as a reward...I had diet peach tea...that took some self control

That shows that you are really serious and ready to take this to the next level...hope your proud of your self control.

gman
10-17-2009, 07:58 PM
That shows that you are really serious and ready to take this to the next level...hope your proud of your self control.

have got to put Esplenido in his place...and I want to look good for all the ladies in Columbus.:yep:

gman
10-17-2009, 08:07 PM
need the keto experts' opinion...my friend tried the recipe in the latest rxmuscle newsletter for tuna burgers and said it was really good...here is the recipe:

1 can drained tuna
3 tbsp of uncooked oatmeal
1 whole egg
few dashes of hot sauce
salt and pepper

mix in bowl and form two patties, fry up in pan for 2 minutes each side....and gobble

Is 3 tbps of dry oatmeal going to blow my keto...this sounds so yummy.

blu2xtreme
10-17-2009, 08:11 PM
The girls will be chasing you down :flash2: (my plan is to use every smilie and this fit ):p

Sounds like a good recipe - at least I can use it.

gman
10-17-2009, 08:15 PM
Gulp, me and BigDaddyD are in for it.

My friend said he ate both patties on buns and it took him less than a minute to finish them. he mentioned using a tbsp of olive oil in the pan.

freebirdmac
10-17-2009, 08:25 PM
I grew up on salmon patties. Very good stuff. We made them with canned salmon, an egg, a bit of chopped onion, and a bit of cooked, small cubes of potato. You just need enough egg to hold it all together. Same with the potato. You could use some bread pieces instead.

I tried making salmon patties with oatmeal. And while ok, bread or potato tastes better.

Not sure about the carb content of potato and what's out there for low-carb breads.

blu2xtreme
10-17-2009, 08:25 PM
Gulp, me and BigDaddyD are in for it.

My friend said he ate both patties on buns and it took him less than a minute to finish them. he mentioned using a tbsp of olive oil in the pan.

You boys can handle it :udaman:

I might try that - will have to make it in a foil pan on the grill - no fish is allowed to be cooked in the house - husbands:dunno:

gman
10-17-2009, 08:35 PM
I grew up on salmon patties. Very good stuff. We made them with canned salmon, an egg, a bit of chopped onion, and a bit of cooked, small cubes of potato. You just need enough egg to hold it all together. Same with the potato. You could use some bread pieces instead.

I tried making salmon patties with oatmeal. And while ok, bread or potato tastes better.

Not sure about the carb content of potato and what's out there for low-carb breads.

Maybe a half slice of ezekiel bread crumbled up might work...a

You boys can handle it :udaman:

I might try that - will have to make it in a foil pan on the grill - no fish is allowed to be cooked in the house - husbands:dunno:

that might be really good on the grill.

gman
10-17-2009, 08:36 PM
final tally

1,890 calories 78g fat, 55g carb,264g protein

bigdaddyd
10-17-2009, 09:24 PM

AWESOME job G. Proud of you buddy!!

have got to put Esplenido in his place...

AMEN to that bud

final tally
1,890 calories 78g fat, 55g carb,264g protein
Very nice. Very nice.

May calories look good to low but ratios are out of line today. This is what happens when you go shopping with all females and do not go PREPARED. A quick 30 minutes trip took almost 5 hours.

I ate totally healthy but was so afraid to actually eat, that I barely ate anything. We ate at Panda express and I ate basically just mandarin chicken. But jacked up my macros

blu2xtreme
10-17-2009, 11:06 PM
OMG I am orgasming over this new diet soda...sierra mist cranberry splash.

Hey Mike
For your info if you need a little variety in your orgasmic experience's :hypno: sierra mist also makes a diet ruby splash
I'll have some tonight when I watch a movie - I'll let you know if it does anything for me:p

Made those tuna burgers - they kind of fell apart ( I used egg whites instead of an egg ) but were very tasty - I had it without a bun still good.
My daughter even ate one:)

esplendido
10-17-2009, 11:46 PM
She said "orgasmic"!

bigdaddyd
10-17-2009, 11:47 PM
mmmmm orgasmic

gman
10-18-2009, 07:22 AM
Hey Mike
For your info if you need a little variety in your orgasmic experience's :hypno: sierra mist also makes a diet ruby splash
I'll have some tonight when I watch a movie - I'll let you know if it does anything for me:p

Made those tuna burgers - they kind of fell apart ( I used egg whites instead of an egg ) but were very tasty - I had it without a bun still good.
My daughter even ate one:)

I am going to have some at lunchtime...

on the orgasmic sodas...I will try anything once to see what it does for me.

maybe I will pick some up at Super Walmart, I need to grab a bunch of stuff there anyway.

She said "orgasmic"!

mmmmm orgasmic

down boys!

buckimscl
10-18-2009, 08:06 AM
What's up G. You're up early this am.

gman
10-18-2009, 08:41 AM
actually this is late...I slept in until 7.

This is something I never thought I would say: I might need to eat more.

I am down to 208.8 now. In the two days since reining in the pb and nut consumption, I am down 3lbs.

I will give it another week and reassess...

I am not used to succeeding this well

buckimscl
10-18-2009, 09:35 AM
When I went in the Navy the first few weeks we would only get 3-5 hours sleep per night and the first time we had divine services (their term for church) we slept till 6:15 and I felt like I had slept about 12 hours. It's looking like the cut will start Monday. Let the trash talking begin LOL

freebirdmac
10-18-2009, 09:47 AM
actually this is late...I slept in until 7.

This is something I never thought I would say: I might need to eat more.

I am down to 208.8 now. In the two days since reining in the pb and nut consumption, I am down 3lbs.

I will give it another week and reassess...

I am not used to succeeding this well

I bit my tongue on the extra low cal day :) Not something you'll want to do too often right now.

gman
10-18-2009, 10:09 AM
When I went in the Navy the first few weeks we would only get 3-5 hours sleep per night and the first time we had divine services (their term for church) we slept till 6:15 and I felt like I had slept about 12 hours. It's looking like the cut will start Monday. Let the trash talking begin LOL

let's get it on, Mr Park

I bit my tongue on the extra low cal day :) Not something you'll want to do too often right now.

I think the cardio at a higher heart rate is helping a lot too...

BTW waist down to 38", more important than weight!

6" to go

blu2xtreme
10-18-2009, 10:32 AM
I am going to have some at lunchtime...

on the orgasmic sodas...I will try anything once to see what it does for me.

maybe I will pick some up at Super Walmart, I need to grab a bunch of stuff there anyway.

down boys!

Had the soda last night - not bad...refreshing.
Not the effect it had you - but I did feel tingly:p
Hope you like it.

Thought the same and wondered why you didn't chew at him for that - I'm not the one to talk about cal. intake:dunno:

buckimscl
10-18-2009, 10:34 AM
let's get it on, Mr Park

That may be the name for my journal. LMAO. "Mr. Park goes to Columbus."

esplendido
10-18-2009, 11:40 AM
I had a low cal day yesterday. By reducing my fried chicken and gravy to 8oz at breakfast and limiting myself to just 3 homemade tollhouse cookies hot out of the oven in the afternoon, I dropped my cals to about 6000. I'm feeling a little lightheaded, but I know that's what it takes to beat you guys!

buckimscl
10-18-2009, 11:50 AM
Im on the last few days of my clean bulk. I had pizza, wings for dinner as well as some homeade oatmeal cookies and finished it off with Chunky Monkey ice cream. It's all about the quality calories.

bigdaddyd
10-18-2009, 12:19 PM

HOOYAH bro....and so it begins

I had a low cal day yesterday. By reducing my fried chicken and gravy to 8oz at breakfast and limiting myself to just 3 homemade tollhouse cookies hot out of the oven in the afternoon, I dropped my cals to about 6000. I'm feeling a little lightheaded, but I know that's what it takes to beat you guys!
Dude....I may have to crush you now just for these comments.

gman
10-18-2009, 07:24 PM
Had the soda last night - not bad...refreshing.
Not the effect it had you - but I did feel tingly:p
Hope you like it.

Thought the same and wondered why you didn't chew at him for that - I'm not the one to talk about cal. intake:dunno:

that shit was 4.89 a 12 pack, so am drinking water instead..

That may be the name for my journal. LMAO. "Mr. Park goes to Columbus."

Or Mr Park gets nuked in Columbus, maybe that would be better

just keep going like that and you are sure to win...sounds like a great plan

Im on the last few days of my clean bulk. I had pizza, wings for dinner as well as some homeade oatmeal cookies and finished it off with Chunky Monkey ice cream. It's all about the quality calories.

you mean you didn't have any deep fried cheese sticks or a bloomin onion? You coward

HOOYAH bro....and so it begins

Dude....I may have to crush you now just for these comments.

The trash talking will reach all time depths in the coming months

gman
10-18-2009, 07:27 PM
I did 45 minutes of cardio at 137 bpm today...I was sweating like hell..felt like hell about 30 minutes after I quit, but will press on

Low carbs and lots of cardio = feel like crap, but it's effective

Baldiewonkanobi
10-18-2009, 07:51 PM
Xtra L Glutamine in that workout drink and chew a BA or two mid point?

Baldie

GirlyMuscle
10-18-2009, 07:52 PM
If you're keto 137 hr is getting too high. Stay under 130 or you'll start burning muscle.

blu2xtreme
10-18-2009, 07:57 PM
I got by soda on sale at target - worth it and I don't like soda :yep:

Already told Bigdaddy how fun you guys and your trash talking are...
will enjoy the show and be here to cheer you all on:jump:

gman
10-18-2009, 07:57 PM
Xtra L Glutamine in that workout drink and chew a BA or two mid point?

Baldie

drank a quart of water with 8 scoops of Green Apple Xtend in it while doing the cardio

If you're keto 137 hr is getting too high. Stay under 130 or you'll start burning muscle.

Yeah, I pushed a little too hard today...usually stay in the 125 range...

gman
10-18-2009, 07:59 PM
We drink way too much of it, so we have had a two week hiatus so far... I drink them at work still though!

We won't even buy the stuff unless it is less than $4 a 12 pack.

DaddyD has no chance of beating me, but I still want him to come in second

I got by soda on sale at target - worth it and I don't like soda :yep:

Already told Bigdaddy how fun you guys and your trash talking are...
will enjoy the show and be here to cheer you all on:jump:

bigdaddyd
10-18-2009, 08:16 PM
We drink way too much of it, so we have had a two week hiatus so far... I drink them at work still though!

We won't even buy the stuff unless it is less than $4 a 12 pack.

DaddyD has no chance of beating me, but I still want him to come in second

I can hear you ya know....be careful old timer....I still got me some spring in my step you know.

gman
10-18-2009, 08:27 PM
I can hear you ya know....be careful old timer....I still got me some spring in my step you know.

Ya, we'll see about that, young'n

bigdaddyd
10-18-2009, 08:31 PM
Brother, I aint even started cardio time yet and I'm losing the fat. Just wait my friend....just wait

gman
10-18-2009, 08:42 PM
I can't lose without the cardio, so you are ahead of me right now...but I can out cardio you, D?

I am actually looking forward to doing 2-3 hours a day 7 days a week, that's how much I want to win... how about you?

gman
10-18-2009, 08:44 PM
what does suck, however, is that it feels to me that I have lost mostly off my thighs so far, not off my midsection.

bigdaddyd
10-18-2009, 08:46 PM
That is exactly why I am holding off on my cardio. I am really concentrating on my quads to bring them up bigger. Because once cardio starts in a few weeks, I know they will go down some.

gman
10-18-2009, 11:47 PM
That is exactly why I am holding off on my cardio. I am really concentrating on my quads to bring them up bigger. Because once cardio starts in a few weeks, I know they will go down some.

it comes off where your body wants it to come off...middle will be last for me!

Ripped arms, ripped legs, ripped chest, soft and doughy lower back...

then all of a sudden. shredded everywhere.

It will happen!

blu2xtreme
10-19-2009, 12:06 AM
You boys are to cute :p

AnglicanBeachParty
10-19-2009, 06:46 AM
I never even stopped cardio, except for a few day break before my contest in July. I don't feel good at all without it. I'm only doing about 2 hours a week, though.

I think one of my blessings in attempting to be a bodybuilder is that I don't care much about fancy tastes. I haven't consumed diet sodas for something like 18 years, just water (and coffee in the morning). And I don't use condiments on my food or chew gum to get a flavor "fix" ... it's a blessing, I tell ya!

:yep:

bigdaddyd
10-19-2009, 08:27 AM
I have to give my body a break from cardio or it just doesn't respond anymore.

gman
10-19-2009, 09:37 AM
You boys are to cute :p

We are kinda cute, especially for old guys.

I never even stopped cardio, except for a few day break before my contest in July. I don't feel good at all without it. I'm only doing about 2 hours a week, though.

I think one of my blessings in attempting to be a bodybuilder is that I don't care much about fancy tastes. I haven't consumed diet sodas for something like 18 years, just water (and coffee in the morning). And I don't use condiments on my food or chew gum to get a flavor "fix" ... it's a blessing, I tell ya!

:yep:

I need to get the diet soda out of my system too, it can only be healthier.

I have to give my body a break from cardio or it just doesn't respond anymore.

My doc said it's more about my heart than about bodybuilding.

Wants me to work it pretty hard for the heart benefits. Hence I am doing it at higher heart rate.

I am pretty obsessed because my dad died so young (44) from heart problems. I am 48 and feel like I am borrowed time.

gman
10-19-2009, 09:40 AM
leg day, keto is catching up to me, but this is where I have to suck it up and keep working hard, or even harder.

Squats: 15/135 12/185 8/225 3/275 (just can't get over the hump here, I know I am stronger than this) I end up doing good mornings...I need a partner to push my ass.

seated leg curl: 12/115 8/135 9/130 8/130

one leg leg extensions: 8/110 9/110 8/110 9/110

SLDL's barbell: 10/205 10/245 8/265 8/285

30 minutes on bike, 126 bpm

bigdaddyd
10-19-2009, 09:57 AM
good workout G. You will gt past the hump man....you will

blu2xtreme
10-19-2009, 10:15 AM
Impressed how you keep working through the keto ...:hypno:
You want it bad this time- way cool

Have a great Monday:)

gman
10-19-2009, 10:34 AM
good workout G. You will gt past the hump man....you will

thanks, D 275 has been my personal best for a long time...I should be easily at 305, very easily...If I can deadlift 405, I should be squatting 305...

Impressed how you keep working through the keto ...:hypno:
You want it bad this time- way cool

Have a great Monday:)

Yes, I do want it bad...gotta kick Esplendido's butt.

bigdaddyd
10-19-2009, 10:46 AM
You will get there G. See Rob....he is the squat master. You saw mine went waaaay down today from lack of energy. On the other hand, I am also going ass to ankles, pausing, and exploding up. That takes more energy than the parralell most go to. Give it a whirl man....but seriously, talk to Rob...he will get you past that sticking point.

gman
10-19-2009, 10:48 AM
got word from my doc, my adrenal testing came back good...this means my slow thyroid is just slow, not caused by an adrenal problem...will be starting on a T4/T3 combo in the next few days...this may help speed my metabolism up a little, who knows

gman
10-19-2009, 10:49 AM
You will get there G. See Rob....he is the squat master. You saw mine went waaaay down today from lack of energy. On the other hand, I am also going ass to ankles, pausing, and exploding up. That takes more energy than the parralell most go to. Give it a whirl man....but seriously, talk to Rob...he will get you past that sticking point.

I go pretty far down, as far as my old body will stretch, the problem is I end up doing a good morning when it gets heavy...will talk to Rob. He may need video of me, which is going to be tough to come by.

bigdaddyd
10-19-2009, 10:51 AM
got word from my doc, my adrenal testing came back good...this means my slow thyroid is just slow, not caused by an adrenal problem...will be starting on a T4/T3 combo in the next few days...this may help speed my metabolism up a little, who knows

Awesome. I want your Dr.

gman
10-19-2009, 10:53 AM
Awesome. I want your Dr.

It's not bs either, I really do have a slow thyroid...not terribly slow, but slow. Not enough T3 in my blood for sure.

bigdaddyd
10-19-2009, 10:57 AM
I believe it. I know mine is jacked up to. I work waaay to hard and eat waaay to clean to be this fat but I can't find anyone near me that does this or understands it.

freebirdmac
10-19-2009, 11:21 AM
Mike, I think this time you're for real :yep:

No more pussy-footing around and you're going to see some abs as a result!!!!

gman
10-19-2009, 11:26 AM
Mike, I think this time you're for real :yep:

No more pussy-footing around and you're going to see some abs as a result!!!!

Pam, I really feel it this time. I have said I would do it before, but I think actually committing to it will keep me on track. I really am ready to do what it takes...cardio, diet or whatever.

gman
10-19-2009, 12:10 PM
PS, the whatever does not include clen! lol

gman
10-19-2009, 12:19 PM
I am about 10 lbs lighter than in the avi...I need to recreate it to see how it looks now...honestly I don't think I look as good now as I did then. Hopefully it's just the keto making me flat.

gman
10-19-2009, 12:28 PM
not to mention, any tan/sunburn I had from going to Mexico is totally gone, and I am back to my fair skinned Irish boy look, meaning whiter than a blizzard

freebirdmac
10-19-2009, 01:04 PM
I am about 10 lbs lighter than in the avi...I need to recreate it to see how it looks now...honestly I don't think I look as good now as I did then. Hopefully it's just the keto making me flat.

Low carbs will do that. Even without going keto.

bodyhard
10-19-2009, 01:20 PM

So what are you weighing now?

gman
10-19-2009, 01:21 PM

Was 223 in august

bodyhard
10-19-2009, 01:32 PM

Was 223 in august

Nice!!

gman
10-19-2009, 01:43 PM
do that 2 more times and I will win!

Baldiewonkanobi
10-19-2009, 02:03 PM
When you break 200 I am gonna celebrate with a virtual deep fried Ding Dong.

Baldie

gman
10-19-2009, 02:08 PM
I will have a virtual Chipotle shredded beef burrito with everything on it and a bottle of Negra Modelo

freebirdmac
10-19-2009, 02:42 PM
I'll have a virtual margarita!

bigdaddyd
10-19-2009, 02:59 PM
At the Taste of Chicago festival in June, they actually have Deep Fried Twinkies. I am afraid to try one.

gman
10-19-2009, 03:12 PM
deep fried snickers

http://alloveralbany.com/images/fried_candy_bar.jpg

bigdaddyd
10-19-2009, 03:14 PM
That aint right

gman
10-19-2009, 03:27 PM
i think even I would have a hard time eating one.

esplendido
10-19-2009, 03:35 PM
You'll look flat until you get close to the muscle. There's a period of time where you'll look small and smooth until one day you wake up and say, "Damn, I'm big and hard" (don't go there...LOL!).

gman
10-19-2009, 03:37 PM
You'll look flat until you get close to the muscle. There's a period of time where you'll look small and smooth until one day you wake up and say, "Damn, I'm big and hard" (don't go there...LOL!).

thanks for teaching...seriously

freebirdmac
10-19-2009, 03:55 PM
deep fried snickers

Now that is a waste of a good snickers bar! Much better chilled in the wrapper!

So that's why I need carbs, not enough muscle to look anywhere near muscular! Lol!

Oldsuperman
10-19-2009, 03:56 PM
deep fried snickers

http://alloveralbany.com/images/fried_candy_bar.jpg

That aint right

i think even I would have a hard time eating one.

I'll eat anything that is corn breaded and deep fried! I have NO prejudices when it comes to anything deep fried! :drool:

buckimscl
10-19-2009, 04:43 PM
Looking good bro and the fried food is always a good thing.

gman
10-19-2009, 08:43 PM
great news, I talked my partner into my scheme to come back Saturday instead of Friday, so I get to stay 2 nights...will get to share a post contest meal with whoever wants to go chow down and have a beer or two

Baldiewonkanobi
10-19-2009, 08:49 PM
Did you just post the p word?

Baldie

buckimscl
10-19-2009, 09:01 PM
Dude I am in for the meal and a barley or two.

blu2xtreme
10-19-2009, 09:02 PM
great news, I talked my partner into my scheme to come back Saturday instead of Friday, so I get to stay 2 nights...will get to share a post contest meal with whoever wants to go chow down and have a beer or two

Not big on the Chow down part but I owe you a beer :beerbang:
if you win:p

gman
10-19-2009, 09:11 PM
Did you just post the p word?

Baldie

partner at work Baldie....not the other kind of partner...lol

Or did you mean post?

gman
10-19-2009, 09:12 PM
Not big on the Chow down part but I owe you a beer :beerbang:

you can drink all the beer, it's food I am after...

buckimscl
10-19-2009, 09:12 PM
I owe you a beer :beerbang:

Hey, what about the rest of us :)

gman
10-19-2009, 09:18 PM
If I win, I will buy a round for everyone who competed or cheered us on.

BTW, I can almost see the vertical line starting to show in my upper abs...not sure if I ever saw it before, especially not at this high a weight.

blu2xtreme
10-19-2009, 09:22 PM
Hey, what about the rest of us :)

If I win, I will buy a round for everyone who competed or cheered us on.

BTW, I can almost see the vertical line starting to show in my upper abs...not sure if I ever saw it before, especially not at this high a weight.

Hoping to share a beer with everyone - not paying for everyone :no:
Mikey is just so darn cute:p

buckimscl
10-19-2009, 09:26 PM
Blu, I can go along with that, sharing the beer not about the part of "Mikey" being cute though LOL.

gman
10-19-2009, 09:26 PM
Hoping to share a beer with everyone - not paying for everyone :no:
Mikey is just so darn cute:p

you're the one who makes the big bucks, maybe you should buy!

gman
10-19-2009, 09:27 PM
Blu, I can go along with that, sharing the beer not about the part of "Mikey" being cute though LOL.

48 year old burly guys are not "cute"! :p

buckimscl
10-19-2009, 09:27 PM
Hey wait a minute I didn't know that Blu was rich!!! I'll take a Harp please.

gman
10-19-2009, 09:29 PM
Hey wait a minute I didn't know that Blu was rich!!! I'll take a Harp please.

She is ultra rich...at least that's what she told me once.

gman
10-19-2009, 09:30 PM
BTW, I booked the flights today after finding out I could stay two nights...no backing out now! I am on the hook and wriggling.

Now just have to win it!

blu2xtreme
10-19-2009, 09:35 PM

48 year old burly guys are not "cute"! :p

Would love to have drinks with all you old guys...but
I don't usually even pay for my drinks;)

BTW, I booked the flights today after finding out I could stay two nights...no backing out now! I am on the hook and wriggling.

Now just have to win it!

Cool - can't wait to finally meet you and the others

buckimscl
10-19-2009, 09:36 PM
Hey we ought to see if Rick can get Dave to throw in some Species stuff for the winner.

buckimscl
10-19-2009, 09:37 PM

That's what I'm talking about.:yep:

fitbody
10-19-2009, 09:42 PM
I hear when I get really lean and women start hitting on me for once in my life, then she will get real interested.

this is hilarious !
but if it's really true not to funny i guess

is this your wife or what ?
how long you been with her..
cuz thatz sad if thatz true

good luck with your prep !

Dawn...
:)

gman
10-19-2009, 09:43 PM
Would love to have drinks with all you old guys...but

we believe in equal rights in our age group....lol

blu2xtreme
10-19-2009, 09:46 PM
we believe in equal rights in our age group....lol

Must be why I usually go for the younger guys :yep:

gman
10-19-2009, 09:47 PM
how old are you, anyway, 38?

blu2xtreme
10-19-2009, 09:49 PM
how old are you, anyway, 38?

See that is what makes you cute;)

buckimscl
10-19-2009, 09:57 PM
Me thinks we have a Cougar in our midst.!!!

blu2xtreme
10-19-2009, 10:01 PM

Been called many things ...even live up to a few;)

gman
10-19-2009, 10:01 PM
See that is what makes you cute;)

I couldn't have been more than a couple of years off, could I?

no comment...

gman
10-19-2009, 10:02 PM
I made some beef jerky today out of london broil...made my own marinade with no carbs...soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, hot sauce, and pepper.

Yummy.

buckimscl
10-19-2009, 10:08 PM
PM me the recipe. Im lovin me some jerky!!

blu2xtreme
10-19-2009, 10:14 PM
I made some beef jerky today out of london broil...made my own marinade with no carbs...soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, hot sauce, and pepper.

Yummy.

PM me the recipe. Im lovin me some jerky!!

Me too...no one said I could have beef jerky:dunno:

gman
10-19-2009, 10:21 PM
cut the london broil into strips while still frozen, it is a lot easier.

I did the marinade by feel, no recipe really....got a big bowl, dumped a bunch of soy sauce in, a fair amount of worcestershire sauce, a bunch of texas pete/Franks, garlic powder, pepper, dehydrated onion flakes, etc...

put meat in a gallon bag, pour in the marinade, shake and set in fridge overnight.

I bought a rack called a Baker Jerky Maker a few years ago...it works really good...you gotta google it to see if it still is being sold.

blu2xtreme
10-19-2009, 10:26 PM
Can I have the jerkey you buy in a bag sounds easier
you know I am lazy about food :D

gman
10-19-2009, 10:28 PM
Can I have the jerkey you buy in a bag sounds easier
you know I am lazy about food :D

sure, if you like paying $25 a pound for jerky.

The amazing thing is how little jerky you get from a 2lb london broil...once it dehydrates down, there is not a lot to it anymore

blu2xtreme
10-20-2009, 01:23 AM
sure, if you like paying $25 a pound for jerky.

The amazing thing is how little jerky you get from a 2lb london broil...once it dehydrates down, there is not a lot to it anymore

Your the one that said I was rich...so what's $25 a pound:dunno:

Hope your morning Cardio goes well and your getting your rest - your in for the long haul now :lift2:

musclegoddess65
10-20-2009, 06:40 AM
Gman... look up Alton Brown's rec. for beef jerky... I don't recall if there are carbs or not but its mighty tasty... and he uses AC filters and a box fan to 'dry' it out..

Baldiewonkanobi
10-20-2009, 09:22 AM
Hey Mike....got any old naked pics like in your Avitar you can share with me to use for my Avitar so I can lure the girlies over to my thread? Somehow I'm thinkin my Avitar is acting like a filter.

ya think?

Baldie

gman
10-20-2009, 09:32 AM
Hey Mike....got any old naked pics like in your Avitar you can share with me to use for my Avitar so I can lure the girlies over to my thread? Somehow I'm thinkin my Avitar is acting like a filter.

ya think?

Baldie

Yeah, women always talk about personality being more important than looks, but your avatar is proof they are lying....:p

gman
10-20-2009, 09:35 AM
Your the one that said I was rich...so what's $25 a pound:dunno:

Hope your morning Cardio goes well and your getting your rest - your in for the long haul now :lift2:

tired as hell this morning, but I will get by on coffee...stayed up way too late watching football

Gman... look up Alton Brown's rec. for beef jerky... I don't recall if there are carbs or not but its mighty tasty... and he uses AC filters and a box fan to 'dry' it out..

will look up the recipe...my jerky contraption works great, but always looking for a good recipe...mine was good, but needs more spice

gman
10-20-2009, 09:37 AM
chest and cardio

Low to high cable flys: 5 sets of 8-12

pushups with feet on bench, hands on floor: 5 sets to failure

Incline db flys: 5 sets of 6-8

Seated cybex eagle incline chest press: 5 sets of 6-8

60 minutes on stairstepper, 127 bpm average

gman
10-20-2009, 09:53 AM
measured my chest and arm this morning out of curiousity

chest is down nearly an inch, arm 1/2" smaller.

damn waist has barely moved...

as long as it's all fat I am losing, it's good.

AnglicanBeachParty
10-20-2009, 09:56 AM

Yeah, one of the things you can't control is where the fat comes off first. My face looks way skeletal before my abs are anywhere near coming in. I always wish I could move the fat from where I don't want it to where it would do no aesthetic harm!

blu2xtreme
10-20-2009, 10:15 AM

ya think?

Baldie

That is a very scary Avi :eek:

bigdaddyd
10-20-2009, 11:35 AM
chest and cardio

Low to high cable flys: 5 sets of 8-12

pushups with feet on bench, hands on floor: 5 sets to failure

Incline db flys: 5 sets of 6-8

Seated cybex eagle incline chest press: 5 sets of 6-8

60 minutes on stairstepper, 127 bpm average

Good training

It will come down. Keep on trucking

gman
10-20-2009, 11:41 AM
Good training

It will come down. Keep on trucking

thanks, and yes, fat is fat, no matter where you carry it.

it is a bummer to have such a small chest...everyone thinks it's big and that's what counts. I am a tad under 44 now. can't figure out where I am carrying my 172lbs of lbm, must be in my ass

bigdaddyd
10-20-2009, 12:09 PM
LMAO....That's funny.

gman
10-20-2009, 12:10 PM
LMAO....That's funny.

deadlifter butt, D

bigdaddyd
10-20-2009, 12:11 PM
Even funnier. My brother had that too.

I have pasta eater gut! LMAO

Shadow
10-20-2009, 02:07 PM
deadlifter butt, D

LOL, I've got squat butt.

buckimscl
10-20-2009, 03:27 PM
Good job bro!

gman
10-20-2009, 03:46 PM
thanks bucki

I am actually having to force myself to eat right now...a weird feeling for me

musclegoddess65
10-20-2009, 04:32 PM
guess my booty needs to start a new journal perphaps... hhhmm need to think of a spunky name for it..

musclegoddess65
10-20-2009, 04:35 PM
Alton Brown's Beef Jerky

Ingredients

1 1/2 to 2 pounds flank steak
2/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
2/3 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon liquid smoke
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Specialhttp://a19.g.akamai.net/7/19/7125/1450/Ocellus.coupons.com/_images/showlist_icon.gif Equipment: 1 box fan, 4 paper air-conditioning filters, and 2 bungee cords

Directions

Trim the flank steak of any excess fat, place in a zip-top bag, and place it in the freezer for 1 to 2 hours in order to firm up.

Remove the steak from the freezer and thinly slice the meat with the grain, into long strips.

Place the strips of meat along with all of the remaining ingredients into a large, 1-gallon plastic zip-top bag and move around to evenly distribute all of the ingredients. Place the bag into the refrigerator for 3 to 6 hours.

Remove the meat from the brine and pat dry. Evenly distribute the strips of meat onto 3 of the air filters, laying them in the grooves and then stacking the filters on top of one another. Top these with 1 empty filter. Next, lay the box fan on its side and lay the filters on top of it. Strap the filters to the fan with 2 bungee cords. Stand the fan upright, plug in and set to medium. Allow the meat dry for 8 to 12 hours. If using a commercial dehydrator, follow the manufacturer's directions.

Once dry, store in a cool dry place, in an airtight container for 2 to 3 months.

buckimscl
I think I got the spunkiest :)

musclegoddess65
what where is your journal bucki??

blu2xtreme
10-20-2009, 04:39 PM
guess my booty needs to start a new journal perphaps... hhhmm need to think of a spunky name for it..

Cool we need a woman to represent

gman
10-20-2009, 04:49 PM
Cool we need a woman to represent

how about 2 women? hint hint

musclegoddess65
10-20-2009, 04:52 PM
how about 2 women? hint hint

HEY hey... she and I just met would ya let US get to know each other first... :p

gman
10-20-2009, 04:53 PM
today's food, I need to eat a little more tonight to catch up

2 scoops of whey
2 scoops of whey, 1tbsp pb
pouch of tuna, 2 oz of almonds
2tbsp of peanut butter
3 oz of beef jerky

that's it so far.

gman
10-20-2009, 04:54 PM
HEY hey... she and I just met would ya let US get to know each other first... :p

you got a dirty mind....and I like it!

lol:hypno:

musclegoddess65
10-20-2009, 04:56 PM

hehehehe!!!!!:yep:

buckimscl
10-20-2009, 05:18 PM
Hey, what did I miss. :)

gman
10-20-2009, 08:43 PM
Ended up having 3 eggs and a cup of egg whites scrambled with a quarter cup of parmesan cheese melted in.

than about half a protein powder smoothie with a handfull of peanuts mixed in...

stomach is rebelling for some reason, might be the jerky I ate today.

blu2xtreme
10-20-2009, 08:49 PM

Your a bad boy Mike;)
I remember when you were all sweet and innocent:p

gman
10-20-2009, 08:53 PM
Your a bad boy Mike;)
I remember when you were all sweet and innocent:p

was I really, or was it all an act?

blu2xtreme
10-20-2009, 08:57 PM
was I really, or was it all an act?

Guess I will never know for sure:dunno:

My guess is the keto went to your head:hypno:

gman
10-20-2009, 08:59 PM
Keto is the best...I feel great now!

buckimscl
10-20-2009, 09:09 PM
You may have to change your location then.....lol

gman
10-20-2009, 09:16 PM
oh yeah, I forgot about that...will have to think of something equally witty.

buckimscl
10-20-2009, 09:30 PM
Hey I can see Columbus from here. That's a good one.

freebirdmac
10-20-2009, 09:33 PM
Guess I will never know for sure:dunno:

My guess is the keto went to your head:hypno:

I can tell you that Mike is a gentleman :) He's also now a fat fighting badass :yep:

blu2xtreme
10-21-2009, 01:16 AM
I can tell you that Mike is a gentleman :) He's also now a fat fighting badass :yep:

Guess I will find out when I meet him in person at the Arnold...
if he's a fat fighting badass gentleman ;)

gman
10-21-2009, 05:07 AM

Guess I will find out when I meet him in person at the Arnold...
if he's a fat fighting badass gentleman ;)

it's true that I am a fat fighting badass

Baldiewonkanobi
10-21-2009, 05:33 AM
Yipes it's 5am in the morning there on the right coast....GET SOME SLEEP already.

Baldie

gman
10-21-2009, 05:47 AM
I do my sleeping at 2:30...what the hell are you doing up at 2:30!!!

freebirdmac
10-21-2009, 05:50 AM
5am is when I get up!

Baldiewonkanobi
10-21-2009, 05:56 AM
My 'bug' turned into my annual October bronchitis. So I woke at 1:30am and needed to get something hot in me and be vertical to clear my congestion. So why not work on a truck bid for the City of L.A. and parooose thru RX? Now 2 cups of hot coffee (I sleep great with coffee) and 50 grams whey in me...it's 3am and

GOOD NIGHT :byeb:

Bal yawn die

gman
10-21-2009, 09:31 AM
Please get well Baldie!

gman
10-21-2009, 09:34 AM
Back day

3/4 deads: 10/275 8/315 5/365 3/395

overhand inverted rows: 11 10 10 8

Seated t-bar machine, middle grip: 6 6 5 4 with 115, no bar weight included

Underhand bentover bb rows: 6/225 5/225 5/225 5/225

45 minutes on precor efx machine, sweated worse than I can ever remember, average heart rate was 128...then 15 minutes on exercise bike at 120

I officially look like shit now, look flat with no pump, and I am getting comments about how ashen I am...welcome to cutting!

Good news, my pants are starting to fall off, especially in the ass area

Down4whatever
10-21-2009, 10:08 AM
I officially look like shit now, look flat with no pump, and I am getting comments about how ashen I am...welcome to cutting!

I know this feeling all too well. Good work man! I really believe you're going to win! :beerbang:

gman
10-21-2009, 10:32 AM
seriously, if I did not have the guys and gals on here telling me that I should expect this, I would be worried. I know it will get better once I get lean, so no turning back

Baldiewonkanobi
10-21-2009, 10:44 AM
Hmmmm. Ashen?? Wikopedia "Bluish hue" :confused:

Baldie

gman
10-21-2009, 10:45 AM
I though ashen meant pale and white? my bad!

Shadow
10-21-2009, 11:05 AM
Back day

3/4 deads: 10/275 8/315 5/365 3/395

overhand inverted rows: 11 10 10 8

Seated t-bar machine, middle grip: 6 6 5 4 with 115, no bar weight included

Underhand bentover bb rows: 6/225 5/225 5/225 5/225

45 minutes on precor efx machine, sweated worse than I can ever remember, average heart rate was 128...then 15 minutes on exercise bike at 120

Good news, my pants are starting to fall off, especially in the ass area

Strong back work. Congrats on the pants falling off! lol

gman
10-21-2009, 11:12 AM
thanks, Shadow...38's way too loose, 36's too tight....5 more lbs and 36's will be good.

TheTransformator
10-21-2009, 11:18 AM
Keep this attitude G...don't doubt yourself...you're doing great...!

Remember...it is all in the mind...! JUST DO IT!

gman
10-21-2009, 11:31 AM
failure is not a word that I know anymore

thanks, t

bigdaddyd
10-21-2009, 11:45 AM
failure is not a word that i know anymore

thanks, t

i love it

gman
10-21-2009, 12:30 PM
another positive, even though I have not lost weight since last Friday, the scale has stayed under 210 every morning, it was 208.8 today...meaning the loss is permanent so far. Hopefully another lb or two by next Monday.

Not doing a cheat meal is really helping me to keep going...I don't have to play the mental game of yo-yoing every week, down 2, up 4, down 3 up 1, etc...

esplendido
10-21-2009, 01:22 PM
Had sangria with my neighbor, Scott Pollard (played for Sacramento Kings) and his wife last night. We knocked down a pitcher full in an hour, so I decided to pass on the cookies I usually snack on after dinner. Down to 270.....looking harder.

gman
10-21-2009, 02:05 PM
when I come at at 3%, we will see how effective your bullshit is

I remember Scott Pollard, always liked him.

musclegoddess65
10-21-2009, 02:12 PM
Had sangria with my neighbor, Scott Pollard (played for Sacramento Kings) and his wife last night. We knocked down a pitcher full in an hour, so I decided to pass on the cookies I usually snack on after dinner. Down to 270.....looking harder.

loves me some good sangria!!! have a friend that makes an awesome batch of that stuff!!! we could get bombed just eating the fruit!

gman
10-21-2009, 04:15 PM
I love it too, maybe that will be my post contest drink instead of beer

bigdaddyd
10-21-2009, 04:30 PM
Are you ignoring me today G? I made 2 really good rips today and you ignored them like an exwife. Whatup with that?

gman
10-21-2009, 04:31 PM
I missed them, D...let me go look

Nope can't find on my thread...where?

bigdaddyd
10-21-2009, 04:32 PM
No worries...I will light it up again soon.

gman
10-21-2009, 04:33 PM
Don't know why you bother, you are done for Bro... you might as well give up now.

bigdaddyd
10-21-2009, 04:34 PM
Oh really? Ye of little faith. I have had great teachers along the way, and now I have to crush you all....
Game
Over

gman
10-21-2009, 04:37 PM
You are fucking insane, D....my legs are going to be so ripped that they alone will win without the rest of me.

bigdaddyd
10-21-2009, 04:39 PM
Insane? You may be right about that. But you have not seen a determined Bigdaddy yet.....

bigdaddyd
10-21-2009, 04:42 PM
You are missing a key companent here G....I just got a new F'n lease on life with this close call I had this week.

There is no way I will be denied....no way.

gman
10-21-2009, 04:47 PM
then, maybe we will tie, D...but I ain't gonna lose.

gman
10-21-2009, 04:49 PM
I kid about being stuck, but I can tell by my pants that fat is falling off by the second...

bigdaddyd
10-21-2009, 04:49 PM
I like your attitude buddy....I'm just sorry you can't win with me.

gman
10-21-2009, 04:52 PM
If I get to 4% bodyfat I really don't give a flying fuck if I win or not.

Keep that to yourself, D

gman
10-21-2009, 04:57 PM
food today so far

2 scoops of whey
2 scoops of whey and 1.5 tbsp of pb
pouch of tuna, 2 cups of green beans and broccoli, 25 cashews
5 oz chicken breast and 1 tbsp of pb

Shadow
10-21-2009, 05:00 PM
food today so far

2 scoops of whey
2 scoops of whey and 1.5 tbsp of pb
pouch of tuna, 2 cups of green beans and broccoli, 25 cashews
5 oz chicken breast and 1 tbsp of pb

I'm thinking about trying those tuna pouches. They look easy to make and tasty. What brand/flavor do you usually get?

gman
10-21-2009, 05:03 PM
hickory smoked is the best, lemon pepper is next. Nothing to make, they already are flavored...just tear open and chow down

starkist brand

Shadow
10-21-2009, 05:05 PM
Ah, I thought you still had to mix something up. That's even better. I'm gonna add these to spice up my meal plan. It's bland as fuck right now.

gman
10-21-2009, 06:46 PM
never though 3 eggs and a cup of egg whites would taste so good....yummy

lots of Frank's hot sauce makes the difference

Gerb
10-21-2009, 11:59 PM
What's up Gman? Awesome to see you so motivated. Shredded quads! That is what I am talking about.

blu2xtreme
10-22-2009, 12:23 AM
I love it too, maybe that will be my post contest drink instead of beer

Much better idea then beer...:drunk:

Crazy day at work and busy night with daughter so didn't hit the journals much - hope your doing well.
Day off tomorrow so I will harass everyone much better then:yep:

buckimscl
10-22-2009, 12:46 AM

Blu, don't forget to harass me too.;)

gman
10-22-2009, 05:45 AM
What's up Gman? Awesome to see you so motivated. Shredded quads! That is what I am talking about.

legs win the show!

Much better idea then beer...:drunk:

Crazy day at work and busy night with daughter so didn't hit the journals much - hope your doing well.

day off....must be nice! enjoy it!

Blu, don't forget to harass me too.;)

yeah, blu, spread the love.

gman
10-22-2009, 05:46 AM
talk about weirdness. here is my weight the last 5 mornings:

Sunday: 208.8
Monday: 209.6
Tues: 208.8
Wed: 208.8
Thur: 208.8

thought weight was supposed to fluctuate a little?

getting a little irritated that it's not moving, but ready to do whatever it takes.

musclegoddess65
10-22-2009, 05:53 AM
talk about weirdness. here is my weight the last 5 mornings:

Sunday: 208.8
Monday: 209.6
Tues: 208.8
Wed: 208.8
Thur: 208.8

thought weight was supposed to fluctuate a little?

getting a little irritated that it's not moving, but ready to do whatever it takes.

when I first lost weight (215 to 135) I got freaked out at first when my stalls or stay the sames would happen... get some graph paper and graph your weight - and you may start to see patterns... you won't see these patterns over night but over time you will..

now for us girls of course when your period is in town you see a huge 3-5 lb spike sometimes, again at first it would freak me out (when I knew nothing about weightloss)... 5-7 days before my period I'd gain 3ish pounds overnight... it was like a WTF experience... but when I'd graph my weight I'd see patterns... it helped... but I'm a numbers and a visual person too...

musclegoddess65
10-22-2009, 05:57 AM
G another thing I noticed... during the week when I was up at 330 or 4am and hitting the gym that early too.. my weight was always up or stayed the same... but on saturday and sunday when I could sleep till 6 or 7 (if my body let me) I could weigh 2 or 3 lbs less..
meaning.. I'd wake up at 330, pee, hit the scale... it would say 152 or something... when I could go back to bed and wake up a couple to a few hours later (on a weekend or day of hooky from work) I'd get back up at 6am, pee (again) get on teh scale again and see 150..

now I know I did not just pee out 2lbs of fluids... so what the hell happens to that in those few hours I have no idea but its almost like my body was not liking being weighed at 330am.... so maybe base your true weight for the week on a weekend when you don't necessarily have to be up so early...

gman
10-22-2009, 05:58 AM
thanks, MG...it's just weird...I finally got a digital scale, and never thought in a million years my weight would be EXACTLY the same 4 out of 5 days!

I will give it a few more days to go down a tenth or two before I up my cardio....lol

I have it graphed on bbing.com, but not by the day...so I can see trends.

I am down quite a bit since August (15), so not too unhappy.

gman
10-22-2009, 05:59 AM
G another thing I noticed... during the week when I was up at 330 or 4am and hitting the gym that early too.. my weight was always up or stayed the same... but on saturday and sunday when I could sleep till 6 or 7 (if my body let me) I could weigh 2 or 3 lbs less..
meaning.. I'd wake up at 330, pee, hit the scale... it would say 152 or something... when I could go back to bed and wake up a couple to a few hours later (on a weekend or day of hooky from work) I'd get back up at 6am, pee (again) get on teh scale again and see 150..

now I know I did not just pee out 2lbs of fluids... so what the hell happens to that in those few hours I have no idea but its almost like my body was not liking being weighed at 330am.... so maybe base your true weight for the week on a weekend when you don't necessarily have to be up so early...

good idea...you are not the only one that weird stuff happens to. I don;'t know how, but our bodies somehow aspirate water or something while we sleep...Hey great idea...sleep til noon and be down another 4?

It's tough when you have a time limit...I need to average 2 a week or I am not going to get where I need to be.

musclegoddess65
10-22-2009, 06:03 AM
U agree totally weird but I know for me that weighing at an ungodly hour of the dawn, before the damn chicken is crowing, always threw my numbers off... so I got to the point I didn't fret over M-F numbers and would base my week on the weekend numbers..before a cheat meal of course..

gman
10-22-2009, 06:04 AM
U agree totally weird but I know for me that weighing at an ungodly hour of the dawn, before the damn chicken is crowing, always threw my numbers off... so I got to the point I didn't fret over M-F numbers and would base my week on the weekend numbers..before a cheat meal of course..

I think I will try it...make Sunday the official weigh in!

But still am ocd enough that I will weigh every day, just not officially.

No cheats for me though...well, Thanksgiving and Christmas maybe...other than that...zero cheats. Don't want any excuses this time if I don't lose.

musclegoddess65
10-22-2009, 06:05 AM
good idea...you are not the only one that weird stuff happens to. I don;'t know how, but our bodies somehow aspirate water or something while we sleep...Hey great idea...sleep til noon and be down another 4?

It's tough when you have a time limit...I need to average 2 a week or I am not going to get where I need to be.

but I read back that you have not had a cheat meal either in 17ish days...I am not saying HAVE A CHEAT MEAL but perhaps your body needs a small 'refeed' - maybe a day of some oatmeal for breakfast and/or a piece of fruit...?? just a thought... when we get to strict to soon our bodies, specially as we get older, can rebel...

musclegoddess65
10-22-2009, 06:06 AM
I think I will try it...make Sunday the official weigh in!

But still am ocd enough that I will weigh every day, just not officially.

No cheats for me though...well, Thanksgiving and Christmas maybe...other than that...zero cheats.

being a numbers person I had to weigh every single day too... I just had to learn not to let the M-F numbers fuck with my head...

gman
10-22-2009, 06:07 AM
that's my problem too...more concerned with it going up than down...that's the real reason I weigh every day.

Sick but true. I am scared I might gain weight while cutting.

off to do shoulders and cardio...

musclegoddess65
10-22-2009, 06:09 AM
shoulders are/were on my agenda too but I guess I have been tensing to much when lifting cause from chest/back and bis/tris the last two days... my neck is tender - not like the other day when I pulled a muscle in it and laid off for a few days... but as in muscle soreness - eh maybe some icyhot and suck it up....

bigdaddyd
10-22-2009, 08:58 AM
Hey G, I thought you were just going to measure and not weigh?

blu2xtreme
10-22-2009, 09:13 AM
legs win the show!

day off....must be nice! enjoy it!

yeah, blu, spread the love.

Always spreading my love that kind of girl :hugme:

Bucki and I had a nice chat last night :)

Up to 130 this morning - going the opposite of everyone else is kind of sucky - but looking better

gman
10-22-2009, 09:39 AM
shoulders are/were on my agenda too but I guess I have been tensing to much when lifting cause from chest/back and bis/tris the last two days... my neck is tender - not like the other day when I pulled a muscle in it and laid off for a few days... but as in muscle soreness - eh maybe some icyhot and suck it up....

do it! don't be a wimp....unless it is a bad kind of pain

Hey G, I thought you were just going to measure and not weigh?

how long did you actually think I would last doing that? lol

Always spreading my love that kind of girl :hugme:

Bucki and I had a nice chat last night :)

Up to 130 this morning - going the opposite of everyone else is kind of sucky - but looking better

looking good is more important than what you weigh!:)

gman
10-22-2009, 09:40 AM
shoulder day

all exercises for 4 sets each

rear delt machine
bb upright rows
db shoulder presses
hammer grip laterals
bb front raises

60 minutes of cardio on exercise bike at 120 bpm

stopped by the barber and got my buzz cut...I am really serious now! #1 on sides, #2 on top

bigdaddyd
10-22-2009, 09:41 AM
how long did you actually think I would last doing that? lol

I thought you might make it a fews weeks at least!

gman
10-22-2009, 09:42 AM
I made it 2, aren't you proud?

bigdaddyd
10-22-2009, 09:44 AM
2 weeks or 2 days? I guess it doesn't matter. You gotta do what makes you comfortable

gman
10-22-2009, 09:48 AM
I am so scared of gaining, I have to weigh every day...comes from 25+ years of being fat.

blu2xtreme
10-22-2009, 10:16 AM
I am so scared of gaining, I have to weigh every day...comes from 25+ years of being fat.

Know the feeling usually weigh twice a day.
Made it a whole week this time - I am really going to try and keep it
to a once a week deal for a while.

gman
10-22-2009, 10:29 AM
Know the feeling usually weigh twice a day.
Made it a whole week this time - I am really going to try and keep it
to a once a week deal for a while.

hope you can do it...it's probably better that way.

bodyhard
10-22-2009, 10:35 AM
Gman any updated pics? Lets see where you are at.

gman
10-22-2009, 10:37 AM
will try to take some this weekend...it's only been 2 1/2 weeks since I started keto.

I have lost about 6 lbs...most guys who go on keto lose that in the first 3-4 days, it's mostly water being shed at first.

I will tell you, I am as flat as a pancake

bodyhard
10-22-2009, 10:40 AM
will try to take some this weekend...it's only been 2 1/2 weeks since I started keto.

I have lost about 6 lbs...most guys who go on keto lose that in the first 3-4 days, it's mostly water being shed at first.

Yeah but the pics help alot, you are still training, no? If you could you should do the same shot (front, back and side) with the same lighting, same background and take them month by month.

gman
10-22-2009, 10:46 AM
I will try to do that...these pics with green shorts were taken in Myrtle Beach right before I started keto...right after my dexascan putting me at 20% bf...will not be able to duplicate the lighting or location, but will do so from now on.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/DSC00455.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/DSC00454.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/DSC00457.jpg

bodyhard
10-22-2009, 11:04 AM
I will try to do that...these pics with green shorts were taken in Myrtle Beach right before I started keto...right after my dexascan putting me at 20% bf...will not be able to duplicate the lighting or location, but will do so from now on.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/DSC00455.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/DSC00454.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/DSC00457.jpg

Those are good except for the double bicep shot leave those alone until you start "posing/flexing" pics. Add a relax side shot, not pulling in your stomach, all shots should be relaxed so you can truly see your progress.

You can take some posing shots in between here and there, but to truly see your progress take the relax front, side and back shots.

gman
10-22-2009, 11:06 AM
exactly John...I deliberately let my gut hang on those so it would be an honest look...sucking it in can make you look a lot better than you are.

I will not do any posing shots...don't want you guys to know how good I am getting at that! lol

Thanks for the advice!

musclegoddess65
10-22-2009, 11:22 AM
Mikey smile once in a while.... :)

and I sucked it up and trained shoulders...

bodyhard
10-22-2009, 11:25 AM
exactly John...I deliberately let my gut hang on those so it would be an honest look...sucking it in can make you look a lot better than you are.

I will not do any posing shots...don't want you guys to know how good I am getting at that! lol

Thanks for the advice!

Almost forgot, get rid of the long shorts you can not see how your quads and hams are coming along.

gman
10-22-2009, 11:25 AM

I deliberately tried to look as bad as I possibly could in those pics so my after pics would look even better!

good job on getting in and taking care of business.

My tendinitis is getting pretty bad, the outside of my left forearm was going tingly all the way into my palm today. I need to start icing it a lot more and pumping ibuprofen...can't afford to take a month off.

blu2xtreme
10-22-2009, 11:30 AM

Yes a smile once in a while would be nice:)

Need to suck it up and get a morning training in -Back today
prefer to train at night but off today.

musclegoddess65
10-22-2009, 11:34 AM
I deliberately tried to look as bad as I possibly could in those pics so my after pics would look even better!

good job on getting in and taking care of business.

My tendinitis is getting pretty bad, the outside of my left forearm was going tingly all the way into my palm today. I need to start icing it a lot more and pumping ibuprofen...can't afford to take a month off.

I have awful issues with pain in both elbows... repetitive use BS and it gets worse when I am training consistantly....but like you I just ice the hell out of it... when I was in IL before the move the chiro would put ice and stimulation on it... he knew better than to say... well just stop lifting then...

I got some stuff when I was at the Arnold that helped a bit... called Kink Ease MSM Salve... its not the end all to be all but it CAN (and has) get me thru a workout...

musclegoddess65
10-22-2009, 11:35 AM
Yes a smile once in a while would be nice:)

Need to suck it up and get a morning training in -Back today
prefer to train at night but off today.

Blue as I am late in coming to the party (story of my life) are you training for anything in particular???

blu2xtreme
10-22-2009, 11:42 AM
Blue as I am late in coming to the party (story of my life) are you training for anything in particular???

Maybe next year...

Got side tracked with the wanting to be skinny thing this summer and pretty much stopped eating and lost some mass and want to get it back on so Mike has been my coach as I call him- pushing me to eat and train hard again.

gman
10-22-2009, 11:45 AM
not really a coach since I don't know much, more like an encourager!

Go Blu!

I do think you have the frame to do bodybuilding. Much more fun than figure! You get to lift heavy ass weight and build muscle!

Baldiewonkanobi
10-22-2009, 12:15 PM
Geesh...I should make this a sticky....

Bodybuilding.com Forums - View Single Post - Vitamin E for Tendonosis

80% of the peeps that try this for 30 days light candles in my name. They think I walk on water. The 'cure' comes from an old
friend of Gironda, Draper and other old timers...Rheo Blaire. When you are better remember Rheo in your prayers.

Baldie

gman
10-22-2009, 12:17 PM
you are omnipotent Baldie...what else you got for me...first the fat burner, now the tendinitis cure!

how about for ED? lol

gman
10-22-2009, 12:19 PM
so, B-12, manganese and alfalfa?

I take 6 fish oils and 2 100mg COQ10's per day as well

blu2xtreme
10-22-2009, 12:32 PM
not really a coach since I don't know much, more like an encourager!

Go Blu!

I do think you have the frame to do bodybuilding. Much more fun than figure! You get to lift heavy ass weight and build muscle!

Thanks Mike you are a great encourager :yep:

We'll see how I do these next few months and when I meet you all in March I'll see where I go next with training - prefer lifting heavy and love muscle:D

Down4whatever
10-22-2009, 12:49 PM
Geesh...I should make this a sticky....

Bodybuilding.com Forums - View Single Post - Vitamin E for Tendonosis (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=110754341&postcount=10)

80% of the peeps that try this for 30 days light candles in my name. They think I walk on water. The 'cure' comes from an old
friend of Gironda, Draper and other old timers...Rheo Blaire. When you are better remember Rheo in your prayers.

Baldie

I'm gonna jump all over this......been battling this crappy-ass tendonosis since June :angry:

gman
10-22-2009, 12:52 PM
I'm gonna jump all over this......been battling this crappy-ass tendonosis since June :angry:

I remember from Pittsburgh, we both have been fighting this shit for at least4-5 months.

I am willing to try almost anything.

gman
10-22-2009, 01:08 PM
my doc told me that I have weighed the same every day because I am eating the same diet every day...it is to be expected....most fluctuations are due to different diets we eat daily.

makes sense, except weighing the same to the nearest 10th of a lb for 4 of 5 days is still kind of freaky. Seems like .1 lb variation would happen once in a while! lol

gman
10-22-2009, 01:31 PM
Thanks Mike you are a great encourager :yep:

We'll see how I do these next few months and when I meet you all in March I'll see where I go next with training - prefer lifting heavy and love muscle:D

Women who love lifting heavy are awesome.

You mean you don't want to just "tone?"

blu2xtreme
10-22-2009, 01:34 PM
Women who love lifting heavy are awesome.

You mean you don't want to just "tone?"

Hate that f'kin word - here from family and friends all the time:no:

Down4whatever
10-22-2009, 02:04 PM
Your Hotel is now sold out, but I found a room at the Baymont (which appears to be really close by) listed at $149 for check-in on Thurs and check out Sat at noon.....is that reasonable? or should I keep looking?

bigdaddyd
10-22-2009, 02:06 PM
shit...maybe I can't go afterall...I am poor poor poor. I can't afford that crap

gman
10-22-2009, 02:08 PM
I paid about $115 at mine, so that's in the ballpark. It is close to my hotel for sure.

Matt, I saw the Baymont listed at $63 on the expedia site.

D, lots of cheaper hotels, just a little further out, a travelodge near OSU for $34 on expedia

Down4whatever
10-22-2009, 02:23 PM
I paid about $115 at mine, so that's in the ballpark. It is close to my hotel for sure.

Matt, I saw the Baymont listed at $63 on the expedia site.

D, lots of cheaper hotels, just a little further out, a travelodge near OSU for $34 on expedia

Yeah, 63.20 x 2 then taxes and fees + 20% discount = ~149

Yours was for 2 days?

gman
10-22-2009, 02:25 PM
yeah, I paid 115 a day, so 230 total

I got part of it paid with cc miles at least.

Got flight and car with cc miles too...not a big deal on the hotel...

You got a good deal!

Down4whatever
10-22-2009, 02:36 PM
yeah, I paid 115 a day, so 230 total

I got part of it paid with cc miles at least.

Got flight and car with cc miles too...not a big deal on the hotel...

You got a good deal!

I've been thinking about selling off most of my DVD/VHS collection.....may be able to generate enough revenue for the hotel as I have about 500 movies of which 400 I'm willing to let go......let's see, at an average of $1.50 per movie, thats $600 if I can find a buyer :yep:

gman
10-22-2009, 02:38 PM
just looked at the calendar...we have more time than I thought.

I remember Rick saying 18 weeks somewhere else when he brought up the contest (that was a week ago, or so).

We actually have 19 weeks from tomorrow.

I only need to lose 1.75 lbs per week the rest of the way, not 2. I need to get 33 lbs off by the contest, and have 19 weeks to do it. It will put

Thank God for small victories.

I love this pressure, no theory shit, if you don't lose 1.75 one week, then you adjust the next to catch up...

means bad news if you lose zero one week, you gotta lose 3 the next just to catch up!

fits my OCD, weighing every day self very nicely

Down4whatever
10-22-2009, 02:41 PM
Yeah, I have an excel calendar I made in my diet journal all ready to pull numbers from all the different weekly tabs........**evil laughter** I love excel!

I will begin dieting November 8, which gives me 17 weeks to lose roughly 24lbs

gman
10-22-2009, 02:51 PM
Yeah, I have an excel calendar I made in my diet journal all ready to pull numbers from all the different weekly tabs........**evil laughter** I love excel!

I will begin dieting November 8, which gives me 17 weeks to lose roughly 24lbs

friggin accountants!

I am making a drastic reduction in my fat intake...I have no choice really. 34 lbs in 19 weeks, need to average a deficit of about 6000 calories a week, or 875 a day. My maintenance is 2600 if I do an hour of cardio a day, so 1800 or so is my daily calories target

here is my new diet:

meal 1: 3 eggs, 1 cup of egg whites
meal 2: 2 scoops of whey
meal 3: tuna and broccoli or green beans
meal 4: 2 scoops of whey, 1tbsp of pb
meal 5: chicken breast and broccoli or green beans
meal 6: 2 scoops of whey and 1 tbsp of pb
plus 6 g of fish oil

1,768 cal
54.0 g fat
49.4 g carb
285.6 g pro

will continue with 60 minutes of cardio, and adjust up as needed.

buckimscl
10-22-2009, 02:54 PM
Guys I live near there and the farther away the cheaper it will be. Look at staying out around Hilliard. It's a 15 minute drive but it will be cheaper.