PDA

View Full Version : Mike and Paula's Journal of Life, Love and Ever-Changing Goals

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

freebirdmac
02-25-2010, 08:16 AM
186.4 :D

So is this going to be your new every day weight Mike? You're going to look like this pretty much from now on (outside of contest prep)? Can you handle it? :D

gman
02-25-2010, 09:28 AM
It's getting close now!

this is the weight barrier I seem to have struck: 186 or so! If I can just break under it for a few days, it might take hold

186.4 :D

So is this going to be your new every day weight Mike? You're going to look like this pretty much from now on (outside of contest prep)? Can you handle it? :D

I would like to be about 180 for walking around weight. I still have some pretty big love handles around my lower back.

that would theoretically be 9% bf.

Not sure if I can handle it, I have become vain and self confident, not used to that. ;)

gman
02-25-2010, 09:37 AM
shoulder day:

seated incline front db raises (hard as hell): 10/25 10/25 12/25 10/25

seated incline lateral db raises, hammer grip: 12/15 8/20 8/20 8/20

Seated front shoulder press at max rack, a type of smith machine, no bar weight: 9/70 10/70 8/70 10/70

Cable upright rows: 14/100 12/120 12/120 12/120

Bent over reverse flys: 12/50 11/50 10/50 10/50

leg raises with 15lb db between feet: 15 12 12

ab roller: 20 20

no cardio again.

Baldiewonkanobi
02-25-2010, 10:23 AM
Mike my bet is that at least 50% of the 'love handles' on the lower back is water. Like I showed you...you CAN dry out some before the unveiling Fri night. I'm doing it now for my Saturday pics. My typical day fluid is 3-4 cups coffee, one liter green tea during training, 4 one liter water bottles, water in my 3-4 whey drinks, one large diet Rockstar, and 2-3 caffeine free diet Cokes. Yesterday 1/2 cup coffee, 1/2 liter green tea, one whey drink with half the water, 1 1/2 one liter waters. THATS ALL. Today the same...Friday even less and for Saturday pics sip water and drink one Espresso. I went from peeing every 5 seconds down to maybe 3 times. By Saturday it will be one drop if I am lucky. Thirsty you ask...:hypno:

Baldie

Bob45
02-25-2010, 12:10 PM
Not sure if I can handle it, I have become vain and self confident, not used to that. ;)

So your a regular bodybuilder then.

blu2xtreme
02-25-2010, 03:54 PM
Glad to see the new diet is working for you.

If your walking around weight was 180 ...you would be running a lot
all those young girls would be after you...your looking hot ;)

gman
02-25-2010, 03:58 PM
Glad to see the new diet is working for you.

If your walking around weight was 180 ...you would be running a lot
all those young girls would be after you...your looking hot ;)

So it would then be my running around weight, right?

Are you saying I should go buy a speedo?

It will be so nice to go to the beach this year and show off!

Thank you, but where are my drools!?

Remember too that about 80% of women in the world don't like muscular guys, at least they say that

So your a regular bodybuilder then.

See above for your answer

blu2xtreme
02-25-2010, 04:00 PM

See above for your answer

You are vain ...you now need ;) and :drool::drool:
I have been drooling over you way to much lately ;)

blu2xtreme
02-25-2010, 04:02 PM

Remember too that about 80% of women in the world don't like muscular guys, at least they say that

You and that edit button :p

You would look sexy in a speedo
and I do fall into that 20 % so I appreciate a lean muscular body :drool::drool:

gman
02-25-2010, 04:04 PM
You and that edit button :p

You would look sexy in a speedo
and I do fall into that 20 % so I appreciate a lean muscular body :drool::drool:

I do edit a lot don't I?

I may look sexy in a speedo, but still I don't think even the new me could wear one to the beach. :dunno:

gman
02-25-2010, 04:11 PM
Wanted to tell you Baldie, I think the lower back fat is mostly fat! I am still in the 13% range on my bf

Baldiewonkanobi
02-25-2010, 04:36 PM
I may need to come to Columbus just to hold all the room keys.

Baldie

blu2xtreme
02-25-2010, 04:41 PM

Baldie

If it gets you to come and chaperone it's worth it ;)

gman
02-25-2010, 04:41 PM

Baldie

probably not a bad idea!:hypno:

freebirdmac
02-25-2010, 07:18 PM
S

We lie to save men some ego bruising. Just like you guys lie about women's bodies. :)

gman
02-26-2010, 06:07 AM
We lie to save men some ego bruising. Just like you guys lie about women's bodies. :)

I don't lie, I tell women I like muscle on a woman! :p

gman
02-26-2010, 06:09 AM

this is either really easy, or I was eating more than I thought before I started this

3.2 lbs in 2 days (and I was at 188+ for several mornings so it wasn't just a blip).

and no cardio on those 2 days.

when is the other shoe going to drop?

freebirdmac
02-26-2010, 06:47 AM
I vote for you were eating more than you thought. :)

Baldiewonkanobi
02-26-2010, 06:53 AM
No cardio = less stress on body. Googling Cortisol....hmmmm. Stress/Cortisol.....hmmmmm. Cortisol limits weight loss during a diet. Hmmmmm. No cardio and dropped some weight here. Hmmmm.

BINGO

Mac
02-26-2010, 07:05 AM
No cardio = less stress on body. Googling Cortisol....hmmmm. Stress/Cortisol.....hmmmmm. Cortisol limits weight loss during a diet. Hmmmmm. No cardio and dropped some weight here. Hmmmm.

BINGO

BINGO ++

I have mentioned this several times as he has the typical symptoms of high cortisol, stubborn belly fat.

Baldiewonkanobi
02-26-2010, 07:14 AM
UP the intensity during weight lifting. Lift like an F'en Gerbil in heat. Pose your ass off, stop all cardio NOW. Take relaxing long walks with one of those little music thingys in your ear (you can tell how hip I am). FIND TIME FOR SHORT NAPS.

Who luvs ya Mikie....

Baldie

Mac
02-26-2010, 07:36 AM
Baldie, you forgot the number one stress reliever.

freebirdmac
02-26-2010, 08:18 AM
Lift like an F'en Gerbil in heat.
Baldie

Lol! This really cracked me up! Good thing no one asked me here at work why I was laughing :D

bamazav
02-26-2010, 09:00 AM

Don't do that. Around here you would blend in with all of the Tourists from up North.

Bob45
02-26-2010, 09:04 AM

BINGO

It sure is true. I just had blood tests done. My cortisol is above the normal range. I can't lose fat. That's what is probably stressing me out!

Baldiewonkanobi
02-26-2010, 09:26 AM

:wank:

Baldie

blu2xtreme
02-26-2010, 09:27 AM

No wonder I'm stressed :p

Hate that cortisol stuff ...I have had the stomach flu for 3 days and didn't eat and only lost 1 lb :dunno:
Hopefully my stress level will level out and the training will amp up now

gman
02-26-2010, 09:32 AM
I vote for you were eating more than you thought. :)

probably a little, but not a lot of that going on...peanut butter was the culprit. Heidi said dairy can cause you to bloat in some cases too, so that may have had a little to do with it.

BINGO

BINGO ++

I have mentioned this several times as he has the typical symptoms of high cortisol, stubborn belly fat.

I did want to say, I had cortisol tested and it was normal, 24 hour salivary method

That being said, cardio sucks

UP the intensity during weight lifting. Lift like an F'en Gerbil in heat. Pose your ass off, stop all cardio NOW. Take relaxing long walks with one of those little music thingys in your ear (you can tell how hip I am). FIND TIME FOR SHORT NAPS.

Who luvs ya Mikie....

Baldie

love the gerbil analogy! I will up it as much as possible, I tried today to hit it harder.

I can't wait until we get some warm weather so I can start hiking in that park again!

Posing 10 minutes a night now, Marvin will probably up that as I get used to it.

short naps, not going to happen unfortunately, although I did start taking GABA 2 nights ago, hope it does something!

Baldiewonkanobi
02-26-2010, 09:35 AM
Take 3 grams Glutamine Peptides with that GABA.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZ

Baldie

gman
02-26-2010, 09:36 AM
Don't do that. Around here you would blend in with all of the Tourists from up North.

Quebecois tourists especially wear them. Usually not in a flattering manner

It sure is true. I just had blood tests done. My cortisol is above the normal range. I can't lose fat. That's what is probably stressing me out!

mine is actually low normal at points during the day...never high at all

:wank:

Baldie

works for some people!

No wonder I'm stressed :p

Hate that cortisol stuff ...I have had the stomach flu for 3 days and didn't eat and only lost 1 lb :dunno:
Hopefully my stress level will level out and the training will amp up now

leave out hopefully and re-read the sentence!

freebirdmac
02-26-2010, 09:39 AM
leave out hopefully and re-read the sentence!

Don't encourage her! She's not supposed to be losing!

gman
02-26-2010, 09:40 AM
arm day:

1 arm rope pushdowns: 10/80 12/80 10/80 8/80
incline overhead db extensions, 40 lber in each hand: 12 14 14 14
close grip incline bench press: 10/135 6/155 4/155 8/135

high pulley v-bar curls (lee priest I think is the guy who likes these): 12/90 14/90 14/90 13/90
EZ bar preachers: 11/75 8/85 (2 assisted), 8/85 (3 assisted) 9/85 (2 assisted)
flat bar low pulley cable curls, drop set from 130 down to zero, got an awesome pump

gman
02-26-2010, 09:40 AM

meant the stress leveling out and the training amping up, she didn't say anything about losing in that sentence

blu2xtreme
02-26-2010, 09:42 AM

Coach and I have already talked about upping cals and changing workout after Columbus ...he knows I want more muscle so I have to eat and not lose.

gman
02-26-2010, 09:43 AM
Take 3 grams Glutamine Peptides with that GABA.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZ

Baldie

don't peptides = $$$$$$$$$?

I do sleep good with it so far, but none of the wild crazy dreams people say...that's the only reason I was taking it!

Baldiewonkanobi
02-26-2010, 09:53 AM
Ahaa...looking for Lust during sleep time...you Dogg.

Hey about 22 bucks incl. tax

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=N5-1001

3 grams bedie time with your GABA....wear a condom.;)

Baldie

blu2xtreme
02-26-2010, 09:58 AM
don't peptides = $$$$$$$$$?

I do sleep good with it so far, but none of the wild crazy dreams people say...that's the only reason I was taking it!

I guess not everyone gets to go to Gabaland :p

gman
02-26-2010, 10:07 AM
I guess not everyone gets to go to Gabaland :p

you know the motto on rxmuscle....UP THE DOSE

gman
02-26-2010, 10:07 AM
Ahaa...looking for Lust during sleep time...you Dogg.

Hey about 22 bucks incl. tax

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=N5-1001

3 grams bedie time with your GABA....wear a condom.;)

Baldie

you have a dirty mind, never mentioned lust dreams, did I?:p

Mac
02-26-2010, 10:14 AM
I did want to say, I had cortisol tested and it was normal, 24 hour salivary method

That's not a very reliable test, sorry. Typical signs of cortisol, belly fat while being lean in other areas.

IF it looks like a duck, quacks like one, sure as shit I bet it's a duck.

Mike, we bodybuilders tend to look and expect things to be beyond normal.

The NORMAL person carries their fair amount of belly fat too. Just sayin

gman
02-26-2010, 10:17 AM
That's not a very reliable test, sorry. Typical signs of cortisol, belly fat while being lean in other areas.

IF it looks like a duck, quacks like one, sure as shit I bet it's a duck.

Mike, we bodybuilders tend to look and expect things to be beyond normal.

The NORMAL person carries their fair amount of belly fat too. Just sayin

I think part of it is the bodybuilder mentality...I am really not fat. Just fat for competing! 12-13% bf at the age of 48 puts me in the top 7% of men my age.

Seriously though, is my fat "belly fat" or is it "back bacon"? lol

mostly it's in the back so technically not belly fat! :hypno:

blu2xtreme
02-26-2010, 10:19 AM
you have a dirty mind, never mentioned lust dreams, did I?:p

They are the only ones worth mentioning ;)

gman
02-26-2010, 10:21 AM
They are the only ones worth mentioning ;)

You guys are just projecting your own wishes on my thread!

I want to dream of winning my show, not sex!

Damn, I don't lie very well , do I?

Mac
02-26-2010, 10:22 AM
You're far from fat.

You need to watch your stress levels as wise ol' Baldie pointed out. Cortisol levels vary considerably and depending on the time of day, that test is just an indicator. You want to keep them low in the mornings when they peak. Prolonged stress can cause prolonged levels of normal levels of cortisol.

blu2xtreme
02-26-2010, 10:26 AM
You guys are just projecting your own wishes on my thread!

I want to dream of winning my show, not sex!

Damn, I don't lie very well , do I?

You could dream of winning your show and sex ...then your stress levels would be great :yep:

gman
02-26-2010, 10:29 AM
You could dream of winning your show and sex ...then your stress levels would be great :yep:

you are a real problem solver at heart....now I have extended your lifetime free training another 5 years:p

Oldsuperman
02-27-2010, 04:32 AM
Thanks Baldie!

I will threaten to drive Ed to Toledo and leave him if he doesn't give me lots of samples

TOLEDO!!! I'm gonna be a good boi for sure!! :allgood:
I just came back from Nu Awlens Monday, as they say in Louisiana, and must have has some baaaaad crayfish... Been sick to my tummy. Lousy week...

Anywho, Sat my schedule has been changed to 3 to 6 pm. SO how bout we pick some breakfast first then go train? Just a thought since there is no rush. Mike, you can eat egg whites or fish or chicken or whatever it is you're gonna be gagging down.. LOL! :p

gman
02-27-2010, 07:16 AM
Ed, will email you...actually there is a rush, I have to get back to take my wife to the airport!

gman
02-27-2010, 07:25 AM
My posing lesson was pretty grueling last night.

Here are the two phrases I hear over and over: "Chest up!" "Butt out!"

Anyway I did pretty well. Practiced/walked through and had my poses adjusted and tweaked for a little while, then he said, "let me show you how a typical show goes." I walked out, stood on the spot, and then he started calling poses! Damn it was fast! I missed one completely, he called the next one out. Afterwards he did say I actually did pretty well for someone just starting.

Both Marvin and Heidi said I had hardened some since last week, especially my legs and abs. I told Marvin I had only lost a pound and he said who cares, you look better! I asked him how I could have ripped legs and a flabby middle and he said just how it works in some guys. He joked that my legs are already at 8%.

A lady who is also doing her first show came early for her posing session right after mine, and she had also seen me two weeks ago at my assessment session...she told me she was amazed how much better I looked in just two weeks.

told Marvin I had done no cardio and had lost weight, he said you don't need much cardio , especially with the posing practice each night.

Baldiewonkanobi
02-27-2010, 08:57 AM
Marvin :headbang:

Baldie

gman
02-27-2010, 08:58 AM
Marvin :headbang:

Baldie

he does rock, but when I tell you he doesn't believe in depleting water the last few days, what would you say then? :hypno:

Baldiewonkanobi
02-27-2010, 09:12 AM
I begin my refill on contest day...or pic day. Doing it now...ever so slowly. A little carb, a little water, etc. 3-4 pounds of water and you don't pee. Goes right into the muskles. We hope anyway. BUT ONLY LISTEN TO MARVIN.

Baldie

AnglicanBeachParty
02-27-2010, 09:30 AM
My posing lesson was pretty grueling last night.

Here are the two phrases I hear over and over: "Chest up!" "Butt out!"

My butt sticks out all on its own ... which is cool, because then I only have to remember one thing, not two!

:)

Baldiewonkanobi
02-27-2010, 09:36 AM
Hey you two stop this brotherly kumbya crap :hugme:. You are gonna have a pose down...talk some smack, some shit...come on. Do you need Bodyhard in here for lessons??

Good grief.

Baldie

gman
02-27-2010, 10:23 AM
I begin my refill on contest day...or pic day. Doing it now...ever so slowly. A little carb, a little water, etc. 3-4 pounds of water and you don't pee. Goes right into the muskles. We hope anyway. BUT ONLY LISTEN TO MARVIN.

Baldie

exactly...do what coach says and only what coach says!

My butt sticks out all on its own ... which is cool, because then I only have to remember one thing, not two!

:)

Hey you two stop this brotherly kumbya crap :hugme:. You are gonna have a pose down...talk some smack, some shit...come on. Do you need Bodyhard in here for lessons??

Good grief.

Baldie

I think ABP and I need to take a mean pill.

I am going to win at 14% bf, because my legs and arms are only at 8%...will have to hide my love handles somehow.

fatbackgoal
02-27-2010, 01:31 PM
When are you getting into Columbus?

gman
02-27-2010, 01:40 PM
When are you getting into Columbus?

12AM Friday (midnight Thursday night)

AnglicanBeachParty
02-27-2010, 03:21 PM

Speaking of whom ... where is Bodyhard??

gman
02-28-2010, 07:20 AM
I got the most pleasant shock of my life this morning when I stepped on the scale and weighed 182.8!!!

I was 188.8 just a few days ago.

Water or not, this is awesome. I haven't weighed this little since I ran the marthon 19 years ago

Best part is I have done no cardio. I really do need to do some for my heart a few times a week, but I apparently have no need to do it to lose weight!

tifflex
02-28-2010, 08:10 AM
I got the most pleasant shock of my life this morning when I stepped on the scale and weighed 182.8!!!

I was 188.8 just a few days ago.

Water or not, this is awesome. I haven't weighed this little since I ran the marthon 19 years ago

Best part is I have done no cardio. I really do need to do some for my heart a few times a week, but I apparently have no need to do it to lose weight!
Congratulations Mike:yep:!

BEAST MODE
02-28-2010, 08:25 AM
Damn G! Way to go homie!

freebirdmac
02-28-2010, 09:36 AM
Yay Mike!

blu2xtreme
02-28-2010, 11:21 AM
That is so cool ....:excited:

gman
02-28-2010, 11:29 AM
thanks everyone! Who knows if I will be back up a lb or two tomorrow, but I don't really care right now!

gman
02-28-2010, 07:13 PM
ok I ate a little out of order today, and missed my veggie and green salad with 1 tbsp of olive oil, but I did have:

2 scoops whey and a grapefruit with splenda sprinkled on it
8 egg whites and 50g of sweet potato
2 scoops of whey
8 oz of chicken
8 oz of broiled tuna
will have 2 scoops of whey before bed.

blu2xtreme
02-28-2010, 07:16 PM
Food is looking great Mike ...I would bet on the downward scale movement :)

gman
02-28-2010, 07:18 PM
Food is looking great Mike ...I would bet on the downward scale movement :)

I am betting up a little tomorrow since so low today, but lower than Friday for sure!

I am going to guess 185.0

MsGuns
02-28-2010, 07:19 PM
How are you feeling Mike? See ya Fri or Sat?

gman
02-28-2010, 07:21 PM
How are you feeling Mike? See ya Fri or Sat?

for sure on Friday, Drex!!

3pm at Species is the posedown with ABP....audience to decide the winner.

Works to my advantage since my conditioning is lacking! I can use my shredded legs to advantage and might be able to squeak out a win!

gman
02-28-2010, 08:33 PM
My plan after seeing ABP's avatar is to practice my posing 20-30 minutes a day and hope I can pose better...he has me nailed big time on the conditioning. I am at least 15lbs behind him!

AnglicanBeachParty
02-28-2010, 08:36 PM
My plan after seeing ABP's avatar is to practice my posing 20-30 minutes a day and hope I can pose better...he has me nailed big time on the conditioning. I am at least 15lbs behind him!

You will notice, however that there is no lower body visible in that avatar ... that's where you're way ahead of me!

Oh, I forgot: Baldie said no hand-holding and singing of Kumbayah ...

gman
02-28-2010, 08:41 PM
we could cut and paste your upper half on my lower half.

gman
02-28-2010, 09:07 PM
comparison photo, not as good quality as ABP's

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/photo1-1.jpg

esplendido
02-28-2010, 09:30 PM
Looking damn good, Mike!

blu2xtreme
02-28-2010, 09:32 PM
Very nice Mike !

freebirdmac
02-28-2010, 09:38 PM
Awesome Mike!

Mac
02-28-2010, 09:58 PM
You look like a bodybuilder to me. Great job.

Baldiewonkanobi
02-28-2010, 10:46 PM
:hypno:POW:hypno:BAM:hypno:POP:hypno: RIP:hypno:TEAR:hypno:
COLUMBUS SMACK DOWN

Baldie

BEAST MODE
03-01-2010, 05:46 AM
Almost there G! You ready bro?

gman
03-01-2010, 05:47 AM
Looking damn good, Mike!

Very nice Mike !

Awesome Mike!

You look like a bodybuilder to me. Great job.

Aw shucks....:)

Thanks for the compliments!

gman
03-01-2010, 05:49 AM
Almost there G! You ready bro?

Almost...I could have done better, but am happy as hell at being where I am!

I will only need to lose 15-18 lbs supposedly when I get back, and will have 12 weeks to do it for my first show on May 29!

gman
03-01-2010, 05:51 AM
:hypno:POW:hypno:BAM:hypno:POP:hypno: RIP:hypno:TEAR:hypno:
COLUMBUS SMACK DOWN

Baldie

It is kind of cool in a way that there are only 2 of us! We both made the final posedown!

I will take the grand prize with my shredded quads and genetically gifted calves which haven't done a calf raise in almost 2 years now!

gman
03-01-2010, 05:53 AM
Not too disappointed, I knew I would be up a little today because of how drastically low I was yesterday...

I am back up to just 184.4, so I am pretty happy with that!

BEAST MODE
03-01-2010, 05:58 AM
Almost...I could have done better, but am happy as hell at being where I am!

I will only need to lose 15-18 lbs supposedly when I get back, and will have 12 weeks to do it for my first show on May 29!

That will be much easier than you think. Can't wait to see pics from this weekend. Wish I was going.

It is kind of cool in a way that there are only 2 of us! We both made the final posedown!

I will take the grand prize with my shredded quads and genetically gifted calves which haven't done a calf raise in almost 2 years now!

You're an ass!

Bob45
03-01-2010, 08:05 AM
Good luck at the Arnold and have a great time. I'm headed to Florida today. I'll see how you guys did next week.

AnglicanBeachParty
03-01-2010, 08:23 AM

Based on that timing, and your proven track record, I predict absolute success for you in this regard!!

gman
03-01-2010, 09:34 AM
That will be much easier than you think. Can't wait to see pics from this weekend. Wish I was going.
You're an ass!

Finally at age 48, my inner asshole is coming out! :p

Good luck at the Arnold and have a great time. I'm headed to Florida today. I'll see how you guys did next week.

We will have a blast, I hope I can understand Mr G without a translator.

Based on that timing, and your proven track record, I predict absolute success for you in this regard!!

I have no doubts at all that I will do great now!

gman
03-01-2010, 09:38 AM
my rear end and hamstrings are going to be in agony for a few days

Stationary bb lunges, 15 reps on each side, 4 sets: 115 135 155 155

DB Squats with 100's in each hand, feet together: 4 sets of 10

Bulgarian split squats with 50 in each hand: 3 sets of 10

Close stance leg press: 20 with 8 plates; 15 20 20 with 10 plates

gman
03-01-2010, 10:26 AM
took pic at tanning for Baldie. legs aren't showing well in the pic. bad lighting ;)

Is it common to have asymmetrical abs like I do?

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/legsattanning.jpg

BEAST MODE
03-01-2010, 10:31 AM
Nothing wrong w/ asymmetrical abs G...I think it's pretty rare to have perfect symmetry there. It's just the way you're built.

gman
03-01-2010, 10:33 AM
Nothing wrong w/ asymmetrical abs G...I think it's pretty rare to have perfect symmetry there. It's just the way you're built.

I seem to be asymmetrical everywhere Rich...won't go into great detail:hypno:

gman
03-01-2010, 10:33 AM
i posted this elsewhere, but this is my vote for post contest meal

http://www.schmidthaus.com/Man-vs-Food-Schmidts.mov

wait toward the end to see the homemade cream puffs. 1/2 lb each

the menu

http://www.schmidthaus.com/menu.htm

BEAST MODE
03-01-2010, 10:36 AM
I seem to be asymmetrical everywhere Rich...won't go into great detail:hypno:

Everyone has one ball that hangs lower G...that's totally normal.

gman
03-01-2010, 10:39 AM
Everyone has one ball that hangs lower G...that's totally normal.

haha, how do you know if that's what I meant?!

BEAST MODE
03-01-2010, 10:42 AM
haha, how do you know if that's what I meant?!

Just assuming since you didn't wanna go into detail...

gman
03-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Just assuming since you didn't wanna go into detail...

no problem...

gman
03-01-2010, 12:48 PM
So hungry today, must be from working legs. I cheated a tiny bit and had 1/2 c unsweetened apple sauce between meals.

gman
03-01-2010, 12:52 PM
anyone know PJ Braun's height/weight, etc?

I know my arms will never look like that, but maybe I can get legs to be this vascular:

http://www.pjbraun.com/Free%20Pics/images/QW5Q5002_ZDZIHRNQNO.jpg

gman
03-01-2010, 12:56 PM
me... side chest. slight difference between me and PJ....only thing in common is the blue trunks! lol

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/2010-2-19%20posing%20lesson/photo24.jpg

gman
03-01-2010, 01:43 PM
just read that PJ is currently 260...this must be an old pic, or he is about 6'4"!

gman
03-01-2010, 05:25 PM
does anyone know how to put before and after pics side by side and merge them into one big pic?

gman
03-01-2010, 05:29 PM
this is a little before and after slideshow

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/th_DSC00454.jpg (http://s179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/2010-2-19%20posing%20lesson/?action=view&current=450768e9.pbw)

Mac
03-01-2010, 06:17 PM
does anyone know how to put before and after pics side by side and merge them into one big pic?

Yes, on my Mac, but not on Windoze.

gman
03-01-2010, 06:24 PM

Thanks, MacTech!

I swear I used to know how to do it on Adobe or something, but I can't find it now!

Come out Friday night to the Arnold and I will buy you a drink...I already owe about 5 people a drink! What's one more!:p

freebirdmac
03-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Amazing work Mike, simply amazing!!!!
I bet you will have very vascular legs for your contest :)

gman
03-01-2010, 06:27 PM

that's 30 lbs, so I can imagine what another 15-20 is going to look like now! Thanks again!

gman
03-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Amazing work Mike, simply amazing!!!!
I bet you will have very vascular legs for your contest :)

Thanks, Pam! It almost looks like my lats stayed the same width but just more cut.

Mac
03-01-2010, 06:33 PM
Another picture.

Mac
03-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Another picture

gman
03-01-2010, 06:46 PM
it's funny, MT, now seeing all the pics, I think I see more difference in my chest than in my belly.

I guess the rest of the weight will come off in the midsection now!

freebirdmac
03-01-2010, 06:57 PM
I see huge changes everywhere! I am so happy for you Mike! I knew you had this in you :)

gman
03-01-2010, 07:00 PM
I see huge changes everywhere! I am so happy for you Mike! I knew you had this in you :)

Thanks a lot Pam!

And in October, I was thinking I wasn't really that fat! lol

HeavyDutyGuy
03-01-2010, 07:22 PM
Great transormation Mike! I can only imagine what you'd look like with 2 more years of heavy training...

gman
03-01-2010, 07:25 PM
I am thinking of PJ Braun (see posts 5598 and 5599 for him vs me)...lol I kind of have the same general build only 80lbs lighter! ;)

I have never really bulked correctly by stripping the fat off first, so I am not sure what will happen when I start trying it.

esplendido
03-01-2010, 07:32 PM
PJ is about 5'-7", Mike....and if you followed his diet/training/AAS protocol for as long as he's been doing it, you'd look a lot more like him.

gman
03-01-2010, 07:36 PM
PJ is about 5'-7", Mike....and if you followed his diet/training/AAS protocol for as long as he's been doing it, you'd look a lot more like him.

Thanks Rick, wow 260 on 5'7", I will be interested in seeing him at the Species booth on Friday to see how he can carry that kind of weight!

I am going to be 5'9" 165 lbs at my show, i am just guessing. A wee bit lighter than PJ

blu2xtreme
03-01-2010, 11:20 PM
You have done an amazing job Mike ...looking forward to watching you reach your goals!!
Thanks again for all your help ...I know you are crazy busy right now and you still came through for me:)
I promise I will not let you down - I will hit it hard

gman
03-02-2010, 06:06 AM
You have done an amazing job Mike ...looking forward to watching you reach your goals!!
Thanks again for all your help ...I know you are crazy busy right now and you still came through for me:)
I promise I will not let you down - I will hit it hard

I know you will work really hard to reach your goals now that you are not so stressed out!

gman
03-02-2010, 06:07 AM
184.6 today, so movement is going in the wrong direction from the low of 182.8 on Sunday. It's ok though, under 185!

GirlyMuscle
03-02-2010, 07:04 AM
It'll drop again. No worries!

Baldiewonkanobi
03-02-2010, 07:24 AM
Whats Fridays food/water plan? Secret or can you share? No water, gum only? Candy? Breakfast only? Major laxative Thurs night? Whats the plan? Who is coloring you?

Baldie

gman
03-02-2010, 08:28 AM
No plan whatsoever. Didn't really seem important to my coach!

gman
03-02-2010, 08:34 AM
I can try anything I guess! Just seems silly when you are 12-14 percent bf

AnglicanBeachParty
03-02-2010, 08:37 AM
Whats Fridays food/water plan? Secret or can you share? No water, gum only? Candy? Breakfast only? Major laxative Thurs night? Whats the plan? Who is coloring you?

Baldie

I'm curious about those things, too, gman. Myself, I am getting spray tanned at 7:45 am. It's gonna be a challenge not to rub off too much color by 3pm, I think.

No plan whatsoever. Didn't really seem important to my coach!

You really ought to ask about that ...

My coaches have some instructions on the way. It'll be a bit different from a regular contest, because it's later than pre-judging, and we don't have to go onstage 2 times, several hours apart.

gman
03-02-2010, 08:45 AM
I am worried if I do contest prep at 20 lbs too heavy, I will end up sagging like a pregnant cow

gman
03-02-2010, 09:23 AM
I am going to get spray tanned today at the tanning salon...then I can get another coat Thursday morning if I need to.

Other than that, I haven't a clue.

My coach just wants me to concentrate on May 29th, and I didn't pay him for columbus, so probably won't even ask about it.

All I know is he doesn't believe in water depletion at all...

gman
03-02-2010, 09:28 AM
Chest day, a pump type workout:

Decline pushups using bb smith rack on low setting: 35 30 30 27
Flat pushups: 26 29 31 26
Incline pushups, feet on bench, hands on floor: 27 24 21 25
Incline db flys: 10/40 8/40 8/40 9/40
DB pullovers: 10/85 8/85

10 minutes going through mandatories, sweating like a pig afterwards.

Going to start doing my posing practice after I lift to replace my cardio and to make sure I do the practice each day...this time of year I get home pretty late and it's easy to miss practicing

AnglicanBeachParty
03-02-2010, 10:12 AM
My coach just wants me to concentrate on May 29th, and I didn't pay him for columbus, so probably won't even ask about it.

All I know is he doesn't believe in water depletion at all...

This is intriguing ... do you have pics of any of his clients on contest day? Do they look "dry"?

I haven't heard of this approach before. I thought everyone dropped water ... :dunno:

gman
03-02-2010, 10:25 AM
I don't know what he does in its place, he just told me going without water, especially with older man's skin, is very foolish.

this is the only pic I can find, this lady is 57 (on the left) and competed at the Lenda Murray last year

http://forums.rxmuscle.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28407&stc=1&d=1250969853

gman
03-02-2010, 10:33 AM
In a contest prep article I found the following

Typically it's suggested you take in around ten liters of water daily and cut this down to a couple of liters the day before and possibly even cutting water out around 10-12 hours before the show. It's debatable whether totally cutting your water out is necessary.

BEAST MODE
03-02-2010, 10:34 AM
10 liters a day? That's almost 3 gallons!

AnglicanBeachParty
03-02-2010, 10:37 AM
In a contest prep article I found the following

Typically it's suggested you take in around ten liters of water daily and cut this down to a couple of liters the day before and possibly even cutting water out around 10-12 hours before the show. It's debatable whether totally cutting your water out is necessary.

Wow ... I thought I drank enough water, but I think it is rare that I drink as much as 10 liters!

:spit:

I do think that the relative amount you ingest the day before and on the day of the show matters. So, if you were used to drinking 10 liters, and went down to only 2, your body would dry you out pretty fast, since it's used to processing 10.

Bro-Science, I know, but it makes sense to me!

Baldiewonkanobi
03-02-2010, 10:39 AM
Grandma must have been a naughty girl in her day looking at that belly tat. :hypno: In her case I would not have water depleted contest day. She would have vanished alltogether. Dave P only likes going dry on contest day. Keto right up to day before with loads of water. So many ways to skin a cat...eh what?

Baldie

gman
03-02-2010, 10:39 AM
It could be Marvin does this kind of thing, not sure.

You are cutting water way down, but not out completely. I won't know the answer til the time comes! I do trust the guy though, and I am going to do exactly what he says. Hell I am down 4 lbs in 5 days since starting his diet and cutting out cardio. and my posing is improving daily thanks to him.

For Columbus, I think I am going to water up today through Thursday and then just drink a couple of bottles on Friday...carb up slowly during the day on rice cakes and oatmeal.

gman
03-02-2010, 10:43 AM
Grandma must have been a naughty girl in her day looking at that belly tat. :hypno: In her case I would not have water depleted contest day. She would have vanished alltogether. Dave P only likes going dry on contest day. Keto right up to day before with loads of water. So many ways to skin a cat...eh what?

Baldie

I remember her posing routine, it was to Disturbed or something similar!

He did prep quite a few of the figure girls too at that show, I just don't know which ones, so I can't post pics. I remember East Coast Gym being mentioned 4-5 times as the home gym....I only remembered this lady because of the tats. You should see the big dragon across her traps.

gman
03-02-2010, 10:51 AM
I am way too fat to really worry about this peaking shit, am I not?

AnglicanBeachParty
03-02-2010, 10:54 AM
I remember her posing routine, it was to Disturbed or something similar!

He did prep quite a few of the figure girls too at that show, I just don't know which ones, so I can't post pics. I remember East Coast Gym being mentioned 4-5 times as the home gym....I only remembered this lady because of the tats. You should see the big dragon across her traps.

She sounds like she'd be a lot of fun to have as a friend.

I agree with what you said earlier, about following exactly what Marvin says to do. That's his job, to worry about the results. Your part is to stick to the plan. "Division of labor", we call it. :)

gman
03-02-2010, 11:02 AM
my posing trunks just came, the ones for the shows when I will be 165-170....

damn, the premier cut ones are tiny...I like the color, the wet black was a good choice

the brazil cut ones are blue, a little darker than the ones I have now

I can't even try them on until I lose 15 more lbs, so who knows what they look like on me.

Mac
03-02-2010, 11:07 AM
I am way too fat to really worry about this peaking shit, am I not?

:no:

No. Not at all.

Would you rather learn this on your first contest or now?

gman
03-02-2010, 11:29 AM
:no:

No. Not at all.

Would you rather learn this on your first contest or now?

If I get all the water out, my skin will sag bad I think.

Mac
03-02-2010, 11:33 AM
So learn to show your strengths and hide your weak points. You think that lose skin will not be there on May 29?

My lower ab skin sags and certain poses really shows that. Other poses or changes completely eliminate it. Much like doing your side chest and ONLY turning your head.

AnglicanBeachParty
03-02-2010, 11:37 AM
So learn to show your strengths and hide your weak points. You think that lose skin will not be there on May 29?

My lower ab skin sags and certain poses really shows that. Other poses or changes completely eliminate it. Much like doing your side chest and ONLY turning your head.

Ditto.

My abdominal skin sags, so I have had to learn to do the "ab-thigh" pose without bending forward.

gman
03-02-2010, 03:22 PM
emailed coaches and they told me just stay the course...if I were close to contest shape they would have me do some stuff, but it's kind of silly to try to manipulate water and carbs when you are fat. They did say to get a spray tan however!

I will do as told. I don't need to think, just need to do.

Mac
03-02-2010, 03:55 PM
emailed coaches and they told me just stay the course...if I were close to contest shape they would have me do some stuff, but it's kind of silly to try to manipulate water and carbs when you are fat. They did say to get a spray tan however!

I will do as told. I don't need to think, just need to do.

It's the same issue as before, listening or asking others for advice which contradicts your coaches advice.

gman
03-02-2010, 04:03 PM
I had not asked their advice for this until I asked everyone else's advice for this, and the advice was to ask my coach....so technically I was not having the same issue.

Now if I take advice from you guys or ask for any now, I will be having the issue

is that confusing or what!? lol

It really doesn't matter because it will be fun no matter what, and with the audience judging, I have a better chance than if real judges were doing it.

Baldiewonkanobi
03-02-2010, 04:41 PM
I have a better chance than if real judges were doing it.[/quote]

(ahaa the old sweat sock shoved into the posing suit trick)

Baldie

gman
03-02-2010, 05:12 PM
i don't need the sweat sock, baldie! ;)

Baldiewonkanobi
03-02-2010, 06:19 PM

:cowboy:

Baldie

blu2xtreme
03-02-2010, 07:53 PM

No ....you do not :hypno:

gman
03-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Ummmm....uhhhhh....hmmmmm

gman
03-02-2010, 09:43 PM
got spray tanned at the tanning salon...I have a feeling it is going to be a little uneven. probably would have been better off without!

blu2xtreme
03-02-2010, 09:50 PM
got spray tanned at the tanning salon...I have a feeling it is going to be a little uneven. probably would have been better off without!

No pics :dunno:
You do wear your posing trunks don't you;)

gman
03-03-2010, 05:33 AM
No pics!

I do wear my trunks, but after this weekend am going to work on the full body tan...

gman
03-03-2010, 05:45 AM
up again to 185.4, now about 2 1/2 lbs higher than my sunday low of 182.8.

sigh

freebirdmac
03-03-2010, 07:57 AM
Water Mike, water. Much easier and faster to get rid of.

bamazav
03-03-2010, 08:34 AM
Water Mike, water. Much easier and faster to get rid of.
^^^^ what she said.... then what do I know?:dunno:

gman
03-03-2010, 09:45 AM
I am drinking a ton today...I don't see how I can tomorrow since I am flying out in the evening and don't want to spend the flight in the bathroom! lol

gman
03-03-2010, 09:46 AM
Here are two versions of most muscular. I am toying with doing the crab one since I don't have real judges judging me in the show. Just wondered which one you guys liked better:

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/mostmuscularone.jpg

gman
03-03-2010, 09:46 AM
versus:

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/mostmusculartwo.jpg

BEAST MODE
03-03-2010, 09:48 AM
Weren't you saying you have a problem w/ your ab skin sagging G? If that's the case, you may go w/ the first MM pose to hide that. But the crab pose does look good.

gman
03-03-2010, 09:49 AM
back day, kept it moderate:

deads: 10/275 8/295 6/315

bentover bb rows: 10/185 9/185 11/185

hammer grip chins: 11 7 7

underhand lat pulls close grip: 12/140 10/160 8/160

rear delt machine: 3 sets of 12

BB shrugs: 12/275 10/275 9/275

BEAST MODE
03-03-2010, 09:50 AM
Nice work G...I love back day. I'm sore as hell from my workout yesterday...traps haven't been this sore in forever.

gman
Weren't you saying you have a problem w/ your ab skin sagging G? If that's the case, you may go w/ the first MM pose to hide that. But the crab pose does look good.

good point, leaning back and crossing my arm across hides the fat middle. That one also shows my legs off and distracts from my total lack of upper body!

gman
Nice work G...I love back day. I'm sore as hell from my workout yesterday...traps haven't been this sore in forever.

I am going to talk to coach when I get back about how to widen and thicken my back, maybe start two times a week back training or something.

bamazav
03-03-2010, 09:53 AM
I am with Richwa on this, the first one is the way to go in my opinion. To my eyes, the crab seems to accent the area you are trying not to call attention to.

bodyhard
03-03-2010, 09:55 AM
Mike IMO the second shot is a true MM. The first one is a combination abd shot/MM shot.

Why don't you just stand slightly more erect when doing the MM shot? That way you don't crunch over the abs and have that flapping over affect.

Mac
03-03-2010, 09:55 AM
Crab shot.

Bring your arms in closer to obscure your abdomen and close the gap in between your lats and arms. You're leaning too far forward, this will help with the lose lower ab skin.

Bring your legs closer together and eliminate the raised toe on your right leg.

Step forward with your best leg.

Need to show more chest but light isn't hitting it right because of leaning forward.

gman
03-03-2010, 09:56 AM
I am with Richwa on this, the first one is the way to go in my opinion. To my eyes, the crab seems to accent the area you are trying not to call attention to.

the more I look at the two, the more I tend to agree.

My friend Eric liked the crab better because he said regular folks think this is what the most muscular pose is, and the other one will throw them off.

regular folks are deciding the winner, not judges. I still like the first one better though.

gman
03-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Mike IMO the second shot is a true MM. The first one is a combination abd shot/MM shot.

Why don't you just stand slightly more erect when doing the MM shot? That way you don't crunch over the abs and have that flapping over affect.

Crab shot.

Bring your arms in closer to obscure your abdomen and close the gap in between your lats and arms. You're leaning too far forward, this will help with the lose lower ab skin.

Bring your legs closer together and eliminate the raised toe on your right leg.

Step forward with your best leg.

Need to show more chest but light isn't hitting it right because of leaning forward.

thanks, guys. That's the very first time I tried the crab way.

the first one is the one my coach has me doing right now at posing practice. He said he might change it as I get leaner, but feels like it is the best for being judged by judges at this point. I am only thinking the crab one since real judges aren't involved.

He told me most muscular is anything you want it to be, there is no such thing as a standard most muscular pose!

gman
03-03-2010, 10:00 AM
No comments about my spray tan that I got last night?????

must be a halfway decent look then! lol

gman
03-03-2010, 10:01 AM
You're going down, ABP! No mercy!

bodyhard
03-03-2010, 10:05 AM
He told me most muscular is anything you want it to be, there is no such thing as a standard most muscular pose!

Mike are you sure about that? I never competed, but in all my years of seeing pics of MM shots and videos of the pro's when the judges call for a MM shot I have never ever seen anyone do it the way your first pic is. From what I seen, all MM shots are the way your second shot is with some slight variations but never with one arm.

Ask Baldie he has been in the game a hell of a lot longer than us, maybe he can help shed some light here.

gman
03-03-2010, 10:06 AM
I wish Baldie would chime in if he remembers who did the most muscular like my first pic. My coach told me that so-and-so did it that way, and I cannot remember who it was, but it was an old school guy

gman
03-03-2010, 10:07 AM
Mike are you sure about that? I never competed, but in all my years of seeing pics of MM shots and videos of the pro's when the judges call for a MM shot I have never ever seen anyone do it the way your first pic is. From what I seen, all MM shots are the way your second shot is with some slight variations but never with one arm.

Ask Baldie he has been in the game a hell of a lot longer than us, maybe he can help shed some light here.

if you look at Joe Demarco's profile pic, that is another way to do mm. Palms together in front, hands pointing down.

The judges almost always say "do your FAVORITE most muscular pose." at least in NPC show.

Mac
03-03-2010, 10:09 AM

Do both.

Start with the first version. Don't hold the pose too long.

Morph the pose into the second most muscular and really hit it hard and hold.

gman
03-03-2010, 10:10 AM
Most Muscular
There are more variations to this pose than worth mentioning. Here are a few...
Crab
Hands on Hip
Hands behind back
1 hand on hip 1 hand in front
Basically what you are doing during this pose is trying to give yourself a headache. Your are squeezing every single muscle in your body all at once (including your traps which usually does it for me).

gman
03-03-2010, 10:10 AM
Do both.

Start with the first version. Don't hold the pose too long.

Morph the pose into the second most muscular and really hit it hard and hold.

great idea!

Mac
03-03-2010, 10:12 AM
From what I seen, all MM shots are the way your second shot is with some slight variations but never with one arm.

I have seen this one arm most muscular shot before. Not often though. I am thinking of the Britain champ Flex Lewis that does it but also incorporates the crab too.

blu2xtreme
03-03-2010, 10:14 AM
great idea!

I like that idea too ... but I don't know anything:dunno:

I will be one of three girls screaming for you :yep:

gman
03-03-2010, 10:15 AM
I like that idea too ... but I don't know anything:dunno:

oh....there will be more than 3 of you screaming for me!!!!:p

AnglicanBeachParty
03-03-2010, 10:19 AM
You're going down, ABP! No mercy!

Dream on, gman!

gman
03-03-2010, 10:19 AM
http://contest.bodybuilding.com/gallery/contestant/71552/mode/jim/

flex lewis in sort of the same pose as me.

AnglicanBeachParty
03-03-2010, 10:24 AM

oh....there will be more than 3 of you screaming for me!!!!:p

My wife is pissed off that she's been cooking special meals for me for 20 weeks, only to have this judged by the audience! She is correct that I wouldn't have entered the Challenge if I'd known that from the start.

As far as I know, I don't have anyone coming to cheer for me ...

Mac
03-03-2010, 10:25 AM
The crab pose is flattening your lats and not giving you width. You need to start the pose with flaring your lats, then bring the pose into the shoulder, traps,chest and arms.

Or bring your arms in together more and use your hands to cover geezer stuff. I suffer the same issues.

gman
03-03-2010, 10:29 AM
My wife is pissed off that she's been cooking special meals for me for 20 weeks, only to have this judged by the audience! She is correct that I wouldn't have entered the Challenge if I'd known that from the start.

let's make the best ABP...it will be fun no matter what!

I was hoping for the best transformation contest and that evaporated as well.

It is what it is, at least it got my ass in gear!

gman
03-03-2010, 10:30 AM
The crab pose is flattening your lats and not giving you width. You need to start the pose with flaring your lats, then bring the pose into the shoulder, traps,chest and arms.

Or bring your arms in together more and use your hands to cover geezer stuff. I suffer the same issues.

problem is I have no lats to flare, seriously! That's my biggest weakness is lack of width.

edit: Marvin said my lats will get "bigger" as I lean out in the midsection, but he also said I need to really work on getting them wider by doing lots and lots of rows!

I will definitely be practicing the crab pose, like I said that was the very first time I have ever done it!

Mac
03-03-2010, 10:32 AM
I am going to talk to coach when I get back about how to widen and thicken my back, maybe start two times a week back training or something.

Ask BodyHard too. He has the best width I have seen.

Heavy Dumbbell Rows - 8-10 reps, really stretch and contract at top.

Wide Grip Lat pulldowns. Both heavy and high reps. You have both fast and slow twitch muscle fibers in your lats. Need to train both appropriately.

gman
03-03-2010, 10:34 AM
Ask BodyHard too. He has the best width I have seen.

Heavy Dumbbell Rows - 8-10 reps, really stretch and contract at top.

Wide Grip Lat pulldowns. Both heavy and high reps. You have both fast and slow twitch muscle fibers in your lats. Need to train both appropriately.

Thanks MT! I just need to emphasize back for a long time. Backs win shows and mine is nowhere near big enough!

Mac
03-03-2010, 10:35 AM
You need to close this gap when doing the crab.

Don't give me that shit you have no lat width. Look at your fuckin' avatar.

gman
03-03-2010, 10:38 AM
You need to close this gap when doing the crab.

Don't give me that shit you have no lat width. Look at your fuckin' avatar.

good point...maybe just need to learn to flare them...it's not easy to do it to me

Mac
03-03-2010, 10:41 AM
it's not easy to do it to me

I am not doing nothing to you Mikey. :no:

Bring your legs closer in to your body, they're too far apart.

Since you're showing off, here is my most muscular pose.

freebirdmac
03-03-2010, 10:43 AM

I suspect there will be a crowd around who will join in. That know nothing of this site and the challenge.

BEAST MODE
03-03-2010, 10:54 AM

That is an insane MM bro!

AnglicanBeachParty
03-03-2010, 11:12 AM
I was hoping for the best transformation contest and that evaporated as well.

No kidding ... I thought that was still "on"!

gman
03-03-2010, 11:23 AM
nope, just mandatories with audience judging, Mr G said he is going to interview us as well, so chances are we will be on the radio show.

I know it will be a blast with Mr G doing it. I think we will be doing mandatories, but not as high pressure as a real show.

I am still bringing my before pics just in case.

gman
03-03-2010, 11:25 AM

That is an insane MM bro!

you're right, that is insane. Makes me realize the lack of upper body I have. I am thinking of doing a branch warren and stopping training legs for a whole year while I catch my upper body up!

Not really, but it is tempting

AnglicanBeachParty
03-03-2010, 11:27 AM
nope, just mandatories with audience judging, Mr G said he is going to interview us as well, so chances are we will be on the radio show.

I know it will be a blast with Mr G doing it. I think we will be doing mandatories, but not as high pressure as a real show.

Definitely agree with you there. He has a good "theatrical" sense.

gman
03-03-2010, 11:40 AM
I am really looking forward to it, no matter what, especially since we stuck it out to the end! I usually find a reason to back out, but not this time!

I already am looking forward to the postcontest meal at Schmidt's Sausage Haus!

I thought about it today, and we should go where we want, not where other people want...we are the damn contestants!

AnglicanBeachParty
03-03-2010, 11:44 AM
I already am looking forward to the postcontest meal at Schmidt's Sausage Haus!

I will be sorry to miss this!

I have good tickets to the Ms. International on Friday night, and anyhow my coaches haven't given me a cheat meal (too close to my NPC show, I guess).

gman
03-03-2010, 11:47 AM
I will be sorry to miss this!

I have good tickets to the Ms. International on Friday night, and anyhow my coaches haven't given me a cheat meal (too close to my NPC show, I guess).

that's too bad ABP!

My coach said this one and no more.

I will be exactly 12 weeks out when I wake up Saturday morning.

AnglicanBeachParty
03-03-2010, 11:52 AM
I will be exactly 12 weeks out when I wake up Saturday morning.

What's amazing is that for some competitors, 12 weeks is their entire prep period!

gman
03-03-2010, 11:59 AM
What's amazing is that for some competitors, 12 weeks is their entire prep period!

It will be mine from now on! I am never going above 185 again if I can help it.

Baldiewonkanobi
03-03-2010, 12:13 PM

Started mine 11-28-2008. 20 months prep. Sometimes I think it was not enough allowed time.

Baldie

gman
03-03-2010, 12:25 PM
Started mine 11-28-2008. 20 months prep. Sometimes I think it was not enough allowed time.

Baldie

wow, that's insane!

What's ironic is I do a show on May 29th and then have another on August 7...10 weeks out!

I guess it's good, ripped during the summer. I can bulk in the fall and winter when I have sweats on!

bamazav
03-03-2010, 12:48 PM
Hey Mike, I am sure you have answered this before, humor me anyway. What does the family think of this adventure? Just curious, mine have threatened to disown me if I even think about it....I have thought about it but that is our secret.

Baldiewonkanobi
03-03-2010, 01:08 PM
Bam, healthy Bodybuilding and competition is a gift to your family. As Bill Pearl said when asked why he trains in the morning and why that takes president over all things...."It makes me a better person, husband, father, friend, boss, employee and citizen. When I am done with me they can have at me." Forgive me because I am miopic when it comes to Bodybuilding and competition. I have know others families/wives who rebelled over the years. I always thought that it was THEY who had the issues, NOT the Bodybuilder.

Baldie

bamazav
03-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Bam, healthy Bodybuilding and competition is a gift to your family. As Bill Pearl said when asked why he trains in the morning and why that takes president over all things...."It makes me a better person, husband, father, friend, boss, employee and citizen. When I am done with me they can have at me." Forgive me because I am miopic when it comes to Bodybuilding and competition. I have know others families/wives who rebelled over the years. I always thought that it was THEY who had the issues, NOT the Bodybuilder.

Baldie
Wise Words. Thanks for the encouragement. Now if I can get past my apprehension to shaving my body.http://media.bigoo.ws/content/gif/smiles/smiles_103.gif

gman
03-03-2010, 03:38 PM
I just kept doing it until the family gave in. :)

gman
03-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Well today I have had 6 16 oz glasses of water.

Will keep on drinking.

BEAST MODE
03-03-2010, 03:44 PM
I'm almost through a gallon G! Keep at it! Most days I have at least a gallon and a half down by now.

gman
03-03-2010, 04:08 PM
I will Rich! I have peed at least 7-8 times today. This is why I can't drink a lot tomorrow before the plane ride!

BEAST MODE
03-03-2010, 04:13 PM
I seem to pee less when flying regardless of how much I drink.

joedemarco
03-03-2010, 04:22 PM
Good luck, Gman! Have fun and enjoy yourself!

gman
03-03-2010, 04:32 PM
Good luck, Gman! Have fun and enjoy yourself!

I am so psyched for having fun! I hear I will be stoked so much just from being around so many big guys, it will motivate me for weeks!

bamazav
03-03-2010, 04:58 PM
I will Rich! I have peed at least 7-8 times today. This is why I can't drink a lot tomorrow before the plane ride!
You wimp.... what is it an hour.. hour and half from here to Columbus? You can make it... Just pretend you are in the car with your dad yelling.."Hold your water, we are almost there!"

gman
03-03-2010, 05:11 PM
You wimp.... what is it an hour.. hour and half from here to Columbus? You can make it... Just pretend you are in the car with your dad yelling.."Hold your water, we are almost there!"

4 hours with a layover in Charlotte!

gman
03-03-2010, 05:19 PM
combine that with BPH, even if dad was yelling at me I couldn't make it!

bamazav
03-03-2010, 05:43 PM
I am playing with you man. I have dealt with the BPH (had it microwaved 5 years ago). Have a great trip. I am flying out tomorrow to Nashville, maybe I will see you in the airport. At any rate, have fun and take lots of pics.

gman
03-03-2010, 05:45 PM
I am playing with you man. I have dealt with the BPH (had it microwaved 5 years ago). Have a great trip. I am flying out tomorrow to Nashville, maybe I will see you in the airport. At any rate, have fun and take lots of pics.

I knew you were kidding! We leave at 745pm, so it will be a late night for us...I promise there will be pics and vid! I am too vain to not take pics!

bcapprentice
03-03-2010, 07:14 PM
Mike/Paul:
It's been fun watching the two of you get psyched up for the weekend. Have fun the two of you and I look forward to seeing the pictures when you get back

freebirdmac
03-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Have a blast Mike! And congrats on all you have done to get this far! :yep:

bodyhard
03-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Dream on, gman!

Yo what the fuck, this nigga is ripped! Where did that come from?

Current AV as well man?

AnglicanBeachParty
03-03-2010, 09:36 PM

Current AV as well man?

Thanks, man!

blu2xtreme
03-03-2010, 09:37 PM
See Ya in a few days coach ...looking foward to working out with you:)

gman
03-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Have a blast Mike! And congrats on all you have done to get this far! :yep:

thanks Pam...when I get back we have to train at East Coast one Sunday. It's really easy to get to, right off the Indian River Road exit about 1.5 miles.

Current AV as well man?

he is pretty damn ripped, isn't he? I will have to pull out all the tricks to beat him...tricks I don't even know!

See Ya in a few days coach ...looking foward to working out with you:)

It's going to be a blast training with you and Ed and whoever else shows up!

gman
03-04-2010, 05:30 AM
First lesson learned about competing....shave before spray tan.

I shaved last night and my tan came off! :eek:

bringing the Janna Tan and applying it tomorrow morning...hopefully that will be good enough.

AnglicanBeachParty
03-04-2010, 05:53 AM

bringing the Janna Tan and applying it tomorrow morning...hopefully that will be good enough.

See, that is why it's good to have a "warm-up" contest before the real thing!

gman
03-04-2010, 06:11 AM
See, that is why it's good to have a "warm-up" contest before the real thing!

Exactly! I could go and get sprayed again, it only cost $12, but I am worried I will be too dark

I am also worried about the janna tan making me too dark, or not having enough to cover me.

gman
03-04-2010, 06:14 AM
Final pre arnold stats...these will be my starting numbers for my 12 week contest prep for the Virginia NPC Grand Prix on May 29th

Weight: 184.4
Neck: 15 7/8
Shoulders: 48 3/4
Chest: 42
Waist: 34 7/8
Hips: 35 3/4
Thigh: 23 1/4 :eek:
calf, flexed: 16 1/4
forearm flexed: 13
bicep, flexed: 15 3/4

AnglicanBeachParty
03-04-2010, 06:24 AM
Exactly! I could go and get sprayed again, it only cost $12, but I am worried I will be too dark

I am also worried about the janna tan making me too dark, or not having enough to cover me.

Conventional wisdom is that you have to look "too dark" in normal lighting to appear correct on stage. Of course, lighting at the Expo isn't like stage lighting.

I probably will end up looking quite dark Friday. I'm talking can't-guess-my-ethnicity dark!

axioma
03-04-2010, 08:09 AM

ROFL! Holy shit...I needed that this a.m.:goodluck:

gman
03-04-2010, 09:19 AM
Conventional wisdom is that you have to look "too dark" in normal lighting to appear correct on stage. Of course, lighting at the Expo isn't like stage lighting.

I probably will end up looking quite dark Friday. I'm talking can't-guess-my-ethnicity dark!

I am going to risk it and not be too dark...I don't think the lights will be that bright there. I do have a tan from the salon, so I am not pale. Hopefully the Janna Tan will darken me some.

gman
03-04-2010, 09:19 AM
ROFL! Holy shit...I needed that this a.m.:goodluck:

Glad I could help! :p

gman
03-04-2010, 09:23 AM
reposting my stats. there was a typo in the hip measurement. I also put in my start numbers just to document my final changes for up to the arnold!

Weight: 184.4 (215)
Neck: 15 7/8 (17)
Shoulders: 48 3/4 (51)
Chest: 42 (45 3/8)
Waist: 34 7/8 (38 3/4)
Hips: 37 3/4 (41)
Thigh: 23 1/4 (25)
calf, flexed: 16 1/4 (17)
forearm flexed: 13 (13 3/4)
bicep, flexed: 15 3/4 (13 3/4)

quite a bit of inches lost over the past 5 months!

gman
03-04-2010, 09:26 AM
final workout, light shoulder and abs

standing bb press: 12/95 8/115 7/115
front bb raises: 12/75 12/75 10/75
hammer grip lateral raises with 25's: 12 10 10
ab roller: 20 15 15

10 min posing

BEAST MODE
03-04-2010, 09:45 AM
Kill it this weekend G! Have fun!

gman
03-04-2010, 10:02 AM
Kill it this weekend G! Have fun!

looking forward to the big motivational part of this trip...just being around this is going to be good for at least 10 of the 20lbs I need to lose, at least from a motivational perspective.

BEAST MODE
03-04-2010, 10:09 AM
You will come away from the Arnold more motivated than ever...I guarantee it.

gman
03-04-2010, 10:11 AM
another damn typo, my beginning bicep was 16 3/4 not 13 3/4!!! :eek:

I figured out the inches lost on the cut: 22 3/8

Baldiewonkanobi
03-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Have a safe trip. We want PICs OK? T shirts always appreciated....XL here.

:byeb:

Baldie

gman
03-04-2010, 10:36 AM
Have a safe trip. We want PICs OK? T shirts always appreciated....XL here.

:byeb:

Baldie

how can you wear an xl and me wear a medium? A riddle wrapped in an enigma!

will stock up for you and bring to pitt

freebirdmac
03-04-2010, 10:47 AM
Ooohh! Can I get a tee shirt too? I'll pay ya back when we train together.

Size medium here :)

gman
03-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Ooohh! Can I get a tee shirt too? I'll pay ya back when we train together.

Size medium here :)

now I really feel like a wimp, I wear a medium too! :hypno:

You want a species or RX one I assume?

freebirdmac
03-04-2010, 11:03 AM
now I really feel like a wimp, I wear a medium too! :hypno:

You want a species or RX one I assume?

Whatever looks cool :cool:

gman
03-04-2010, 11:05 AM
Whatever looks cool :cool:

you're asking me to pick cool?

you are a trusting soul.:p

freebirdmac
03-04-2010, 11:45 AM
you're asking me to pick cool?

you are a trusting soul.:p

Ok, ask the others in the group. Paula and John should have some skills.
Oh! And I'm not a girlie girl who likes pink and pastels!

gman
03-04-2010, 01:55 PM
Ok, ask the others in the group. Paula and John should have some skills.
Oh! And I'm not a girlie girl who likes pink and pastels!

I will be fine..I am a clothes horse now, remember!

And I know better than to buy a pink shirt for you...you'd kick my ass!

gman
03-04-2010, 04:18 PM
going home to throw a couple more things in the carry-on, then we head to the airport so we get there 1 1/2 hours before our flight.

I will be posting from my iphone tomorrow with pics from the expo, and the species booth

I am really excited, not really nervous yet, but I am sure I will be when I take my sweats off at 245 or so tomorrow afternoon!

Mac
03-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Good luck Mike.

bamazav
03-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Tear it up Mike!