PDA

View Full Version : Mike and Paula's Journal of Life, Love and Ever-Changing Goals

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

blu2xtreme
10-28-2009, 08:25 PM
Oh yeah, you were fine. :)

Cool...I feel much better
actually I do try to listen, learn and always respect your opinion
cause you know stuff :)

freebirdmac
10-28-2009, 08:42 PM
Cool...I feel much better
actually I do try to listen, learn and always respect your opinion
cause you know stuff :)

Oh I wasn't bashing someone who wouldn't listen to me. I have no creds. I just get annoyed with the attention whores and thread hi-jackers who seem to only come around to see how many guys they can attract with pretty explicit chat. Even misc chat threads get derailed. And they're supposedly happily married! I just find their behavior very distasteful, out of line, and hypocritical. It's way beyond harmless flirting. Not to mention there didn't seem to be any bodybuilding going on :)

blu2xtreme
10-28-2009, 08:47 PM
Oh I wasn't bashing someone who wouldn't listen to me. I have no creds. I just get annoyed with the attention whores and thread hi-jackers who seem to only come around to see how many guys they can attract with pretty explicit chat. Even misc chat threads get derailed. And they're supposedly happily married! I just find their behavior very distasteful, out of line, and hypocritical. It's way beyond harmless flirting. Not to mention there didn't seem to be any bodybuilding going on :)

I think you almost just described me except I do love bodybuilding and do work out :dunno:
I'm flirty but harmless ;)

freebirdmac
10-28-2009, 08:55 PM
I think you almost just described me except I do love bodybuilding and do work out :dunno:
I'm flirty but harmless ;)

Please. You don't even come close to those people. :no:
Big difference between being friendly, "real", and knowing you're reading someone who is pretty self-centered and in it for them.

blu2xtreme
10-28-2009, 09:05 PM
Please. You don't even come close to those people. :no:
Big difference between being friendly, "real", and knowing you're reading someone who is pretty self-centered and in it for them.

Think I was getting pretty close ...
Change is good:yep:
Hope I can count on you for some help along the way:)

freebirdmac
10-28-2009, 09:29 PM
Think I was getting pretty close ...
Change is good:yep:
Hope I can count on you for some help along the way:)

Sure! Set your goals and I'd be happy to add my $0.02! It's a great time of year for lean bulking. I may be lean bulking for years :p

gman
10-28-2009, 09:41 PM
Eneded up having 2 scoops of whey for dinner

Picked my daughter up at swimming, then got home at 9 and cooked 3 eggs and a cup of egg whites with 2 tbsp of parmesan

I have no idea how much I ate today, but it must have been too much because I am not hungry!

freebirdmac
10-28-2009, 09:41 PM
Hope the planes let you sleep tonight!

gman
10-28-2009, 09:44 PM
they are going like hell right now...or I would already be asleep!

buckimscl
10-29-2009, 06:47 AM
Checking in big man!!

blu2xtreme
10-29-2009, 09:05 AM
Thanks for stopping by my journal - great idea you had about starting one.
Yes a little scary for me but needed:)

gman
10-29-2009, 09:48 AM
at a client a little early,posting via my phone

did shoulders today..4x through the following circuit, no rest

front raises with plate
laterals
arnolds
db upright rows
cybex shouldr press machine

60 min cardio...120 bpm

heart is adapting quickly, I am working myself hard to get to 120 even!

musclegoddess65
10-29-2009, 10:11 AM
just curious mike... are you using the HR monitors on the machines or something like a polar wrist and strap HR monitor????

gman
10-29-2009, 12:08 PM
HR monitor on machine, hold the handles on the metallic part.

I have tested it by taking my pulse on my neck, and it's pretty close.

musclegoddess65
10-29-2009, 12:11 PM
ok mr. numbers man... please PLEASE go do yourself a favor... buy a HR monitor, Polar makes some really decent ones that are not gosh awful expensive....

gman
10-29-2009, 12:13 PM
I priced them once and could not bring myself to do it, talking $100 and up. Not worth it IMO

I figure I am sweating my ass off, isn't that good enough!? lol

freebirdmac
10-29-2009, 12:29 PM
I dunno. I still think your heart rate should be up much higher than that. Personally I'd do HIIT and 130 would be the recovery hr. Or even higher.

gman
10-29-2009, 12:30 PM
You need to do cardio with me, Pam, you have no idea how hard I work to get 125....I can barely get my heart rate to 140 at my most strenuous...when I did intervals a couple of weeks back, 142 was the max I hit. I am soaking, wringing wet after 60 minutes at 125 bpm...don't know how I could work much harder and not collapse at the end.

My resting rate has dropped into the mid 50's after only doing 3 weeks of daily cardio. Was in the mid to upper 60's

musclegoddess65
10-29-2009, 12:32 PM
I dunno. I still think your heart rate should be up much higher than that. Personally I'd do HIIT and 130 would be the recovery hr. Or even higher.

I walked on the treadmill today 3.0 @ 10% and 2.5 @ 15% and my HR was 145-155 with the few exceptions where I held on to grab a drink of water...

when I run outside (I despise running on a t.mill) my HR is in the 140-165 range, till the end when I sprint and it hits 180+

musclegoddess65
10-29-2009, 12:34 PM
You need to do cardio with me, Pam, you have no idea how hard I work to get 125....I can barely get my heart rate to 140 at my most strenuous...when I did intervals a couple of weeks back, 142 was the max I hit. I am soaking, wringing wet after 60 minutes at 125 bpm...don't know how I could work much harder and not collapse at the end.

THAT is why I am saying invest in a HR monitor... Mike those damn hand holds on a piece of cardio equipment are for shit! SHIT I tell you...

gman
10-29-2009, 12:34 PM
I used to do 3.5 mph at 5% and got to 105 or so when I was doing Dave P's plan

gman
10-29-2009, 12:35 PM
THAT is why I am saying invest in a HR monitor... Mike those damn hand holds on a piece of cardio equipment are for shit! SHIT I tell you...

I get 120bpm with my pulse and the clock too though

GirlyMuscle
10-29-2009, 12:35 PM
One good thing about keto....I don't have to worry about heart rate other than to not let it get too high. I'm usually about 120-125.

gman
10-29-2009, 12:36 PM
I raced my son on the side-by-side expresso bikes last Christmas break and it was all out race for 40 minutes...my maximum heart rate was 152

musclegoddess65
10-29-2009, 12:37 PM
I usually don't do slow boat cardio like that but I was reading... mmmm.. The Bible of all things if you can believe it... I am on a quest to read it, and learn!!! and I am listening to it on my iPod and following along at the same time... you get some rather odd looks because when I lift I am rocking out... then I guess I morph into my other personality for cardio...

musclegoddess65
10-29-2009, 12:38 PM
One good thing about keto....I don't have to worry about heart rate other than to not let it get too high. I'm usually about 120-125.

that is why keto drives me crazy... I can't stand doing cardio that slowly... cardio sucks as it is.. :yep:

gman

I am on keto too GM...working damn hard to get it to 120.

I think there has to be some kind of allowance for your resting heart rate vs the training heart rate.

I am more than doubling my resting heart rate when I do cardio...someone with a resting heart rate of 80 only has to increase 50% to get to 120

gman
that is why keto drives me crazy... I can't stand doing cardio that slowly... cardio sucks as it is.. :yep:

YOu guys are funny, I am working my ass of to get to that heart rate, you have no idea.

gman
10-29-2009, 12:39 PM
I should have been a long distance runner. When I did the marathon in 1991 my resting heart rate was 42

musclegoddess65
10-29-2009, 12:40 PM
my longest distance was 10miles... I might consider a 1/2 marathon or even a 1/2 IronMan but a full marathon.. no freaking way...

gman
10-29-2009, 12:44 PM
you guys who use a heart rate monitor, do you really take the time to put that strap on your chest and all that stuff?

Seems like a royal pain in the ass. Who wants to finish doing heavy deads and then sit and strap on a monitor before getting on the crosstrainer?

But at least I am looking at them online, so you are persuading me a little.

See some for pretty cheap, so maybe for Christmas, Santa could bring me one

AnglicanBeachParty
10-29-2009, 01:00 PM
you guys who use a heart rate monitor, do you really take the time to put that strap on your chest and all that stuff?

Seems like a royal pain in the ass. Who wants to finish doing heavy deads and then sit and strap on a monitor before getting on the crosstrainer?

I bought a cheap one, and I use it to re-calibrate my workout every week or two.

Once I know the level of exertion (e.g., treadmill angle and speed) that it takes me to get my heart rate where I want it, I know I'm good to go at that exact intensity for a while, until I start gaining a training effect, which seems to take me a week or two.

Then, I know that I have to go harder. How much harder? Time to strap on the chest monitor and re-calibrate!

freebirdmac
10-29-2009, 01:16 PM

But at least I am looking at them online, so you are persuading me a little.

See some for pretty cheap, so maybe for Christmas, Santa could bring me one

I wear mine lifting too.

freebirdmac
10-29-2009, 01:19 PM

My resting rate has dropped into the mid 50's after only doing 3 weeks of daily cardio. Was in the mid to upper 60's

Well you're doing 60 minutes. Endurance is different than sprinting. If 142 is your max during sprint type cardio, one day you'll need to work on your VO2 max :)

gman
10-29-2009, 01:22 PM
I wear mine lifting too.

anal much?:p

although one day after doing legs, I got on the bike and my heart rate was already 120 before I even pedaled

Remember how old we are, 140 is almost as high as we are supposed to go

I was told that the better shape your heart is in the harder you have to work to get the heart rate up...doesn't seem fair!

musclegoddess65
10-29-2009, 01:29 PM
I wear mine from time to time while I am lifting also, gives you an idea how much your putting out while lifting... and YES I take the less than TWO seconds it takes to put on my HR monitor before doing cardio... good Lord Mike its not a chastity belt w/lock and key.... in fact I start the treadmill and then put it on...

yes I am coordinated and can text while doing cardio too...

gman
10-29-2009, 01:32 PM
we have a cell phone ban in our gym! lol

I just never have seen one in person, and had no idea how complicated they were.

People I hang around with aren't trendy tech geeks!

Still wondering, is it really necessary to care about my heart rate if my shirt weighs 2-3lbs after finishing cardio?

freebirdmac
10-29-2009, 01:44 PM
anal much?:p

although one day after doing legs, I got on the bike and my heart rate was already 120 before I even pedaled

Remember how old we are, 140 is almost as high as we are supposed to go

I was told that the better shape your heart is in the harder you have to work to get the heart rate up...doesn't seem fair!

I told you, I'm a geek!!!!

140 as high as we're supposed to go??? Who in the hell told you that malarky? When I go for a run I push to get up into the 170's. My max is over 200. Steady state for me should be in the 150's. Go down to 130 or less and that's rest time.

musclegoddess65
10-29-2009, 01:44 PM
we have a cell phone ban in our gym! lol

I just never have seen one in person, and had no idea how complicated they were.

People I hang around with aren't trendy tech geeks!

Still wondering, is it really necessary to care about my heart rate if my shirt weighs 2-3lbs after finishing cardio?

dude what you MIGHT find is for a keto diet you may actually be doing/going to hard.. if keto HR is 125-130 you might find with a real HR monitor you are doing much more than you think.. for a keto diet...

gman
10-29-2009, 01:49 PM
I think I will go ahead and get one, but probably not until Christmas

all I know is when I went easier working with Dave, I wasn't losing weight, even on 110 minutes a day postworkout cardio.

I think this heart rate stuff is broscience...just my opinion.

If you want to lose weight the cardio has to be hard enough to cause discomfort and heavy sweating.

Or should I rephrase and say, in my case I believe this to be true...don't want to generalize over everyone, because we are all different

Again, just my opinion.

AnglicanBeachParty
10-29-2009, 01:50 PM
140 as high as we're supposed to go??? Who in the hell told you that malarky? When I go for a run I push to get up into the 170's. My max is over 200. Steady state for me should be in the 150's. Go down to 130 or less and that's rest time.

I used to go for miles and miles at above 170, back when I was a runner.

But the thing is, that is catabolic.

You end up looking like a runner. Which is a thing no bodybuilder wants.

gman
10-29-2009, 01:53 PM
I would pass out just attempting to get my rate that high...seriously.

I definitely will never be mistaken for a runner!

210-our age times 85% is supposed to be our max that we work out at, right?

gman
10-29-2009, 02:36 PM
I told you, I'm a geek!!!!

I need you to do cardio with me...if you can get my heart rate above 160 I will buy you a beer.

If you can get my steady state in the 140's I will buy you another beer....not sure how long you mean for steady state though...I would not be able to go long in the 140's, maybe 30 minutes...if I can even get it that high.

If you can find a Star Trac Exercise bike in your gym, go put it on level 12 or 13 and ride it for 60 minutes, and tell me what your average heart rate is...mine is 120-125.

Is no one able to answer my question about whether having a lower resting heart rate has any bearing on this at all...I think I have to work twice as hard as some of you to get the same heart rate.

freebirdmac
10-29-2009, 02:46 PM
I used to go for miles and miles at above 170, back when I was a runner.

But the thing is, that is catabolic.

You end up looking like a runner. Which is a thing no bodybuilder wants.

Doing too much running can certainly be catabolic. Or any cardio for that matter. Being at that hr for 30 minutes or so should not be if your nutrition is correct.

I use cardio for cardiovascular health (duh) and to increase my VO2. Both come in very handy when weightlifting.

gman
10-29-2009, 02:51 PM
I use cardio for cardiovascular health

this is my main reason, the calories burned is a bonus!

Doc said to get heart rate in the 130's for cardio health, so that's why I am being so anal about it today. Not really that concerned about the bodybuilding pros and cons, more concerned about the benefits to my heart.

I have a very high risk of heart disease, and want to stave it off at all costs.

freebirdmac
10-29-2009, 03:21 PM
I need you to do cardio with me...if you can get my heart rate above 160 I will buy you a beer.

If you can get my steady state in the 140's I will buy you another beer....not sure how long you mean for steady state though...I would not be able to go long in the 140's, maybe 30 minutes...if I can even get it that high.

If you can find a Star Trac Exercise bike in your gym, go put it on level 12 or 13 and ride it for 60 minutes, and tell me what your average heart rate is...mine is 120-125.

Is no one able to answer my question about whether having a lower resting heart rate has any bearing on this at all...I think I have to work twice as hard as some of you to get the same heart rate.

We have a stairmill with your name on it :)

A lower resting heart rate is just one indicator of heart health. As is the time it takes your heart rate to recover from intensive exercise. Your max heart rate is probably around 200. http://www.howtobefit.com/determine-maximum-heart-rate.htm

gman
10-29-2009, 03:38 PM
you say when and I will come and try it.

I can't work the stairsteppers we have, I end up sinking all the way down to the ground slowly...feel like an idiot...just can't get the hang of it.

The arc trainer works pretty good to get my rate up...managed 135-140 for a spell

gman
10-29-2009, 03:53 PM
have never done one of those tests Pam...I do know walking briskly for a long time gets me into the mid 90's...if you add 50 to that you get 145-150

using the best fit formula I get 180

Is it possible I am a freak of nature?

Down4whatever
10-29-2009, 04:00 PM
Is it possible I am a freak of nature?

Isn't that obvious? :hide:

gman
10-29-2009, 04:05 PM
Isn't that obvious? :hide:

remind me to kill you when I see you next!

blu2xtreme
10-29-2009, 04:12 PM
How's you day going?
I have a wrist Mio monitor - way to fidgety to wear the other kind would spend the whole cardio session messing with it.

Just ate the last pack of that nasty hickory tuna ....yuck:D

musclegoddess65
10-29-2009, 04:12 PM

Mike my resting HR is 50-55... scared the shit out of a DR one time.... the nurse left the room with this odd look on her face (I was there for what they thought was menengitis) she took my HR and BP and for my age and what American norm is... my BP and resting HR were low... DR came in and said Ms. do you exercise a lot, do you lift weights (uh duh no I came outta my momma with these guns) when I answered yes... the Dr said ok... the nurse was a bit concerned because your BP and HR were so low...

musclegoddess65
10-29-2009, 04:14 PM
you say when and I will come and try it.

I can't work the stairsteppers we have, I end up sinking all the way down to the ground slowly...feel like an idiot...just can't get the hang of it.

The arc trainer works pretty good to get my rate up...managed 135-140 for a spell

I like the revolving stairs myself... the gauntlet!!!

gman
10-29-2009, 04:14 PM
Congrats on freaking them out!

I have a low heart rate, but my bp is borderline high.

I would love to get mine back in the mid 40's again...if I keep doing an hour a day or more of cardio, it will be there pretty soon.

gman
10-29-2009, 04:15 PM
I like the revolving stairs myself... the gauntlet!!!

don't have those where I go...I hear they are lots of fun if you are into pain

gman
10-29-2009, 04:16 PM
How's you day going?
I have a wrist Mio monitor - way to fidgety to wear the other kind would spend the whole cardio session messing with it.

Just ate the last pack of that nasty hickory tuna ....yuck:D

how much does it cost...I have to sell the idea to my wife.

her answer will probably be, stick your finger on your neck and count your pulse while looking at the clock, which is actually not wrong.

I am trying to imagine how anyone did bodybuilding or running in the old days without heart rate monitors....those poor souls!

musclegoddess65
10-29-2009, 04:21 PM
tell ya what... I have 3 HR monitors.. mmm actually 4 if you count my Garmin 301 I use when running... right now they are in storage in IL... once I get my stuff shipped to me, when we move, 2nd week in Nov... I will send you one you can use...

remind me...

gman
10-29-2009, 04:22 PM
appreciate it, MG, I think I will get one on my own...I am just in a weird mood today and whining a lot.

musclegoddess65
10-29-2009, 04:32 PM
thats ok i still loves ya

gman
10-29-2009, 04:36 PM
it's keeping my mind off of food...I ate too much today and am skipping a meal to make up.

fucking peanut butter, who the hell invented that shit anyway...he should be shot.

musclegoddess65
10-29-2009, 04:42 PM
keep it out of the house, out of your car, out of your office...

if you were an alcoholic would you keep booze around... no at least you shouldn't

and don't skip meals, you only set yourself up for backlash later... and if fit reads that.. she likely be spanking your ass!

gman
10-29-2009, 04:45 PM
luckily fit doesn't read my journal...

eating a pouch of tuna in your honor...skipping the pb.

I put the jar in my co workers office and told him I could only have it for 1 minute 3x a day.

Hopefully that will work.

WHy can't I be addicted to tuna...at least if you eat extra it doesn't hurt your calories for the day too much.

I wish food didn't taste good!

fatbackgoal
10-29-2009, 04:45 PM
I hear you G...PB is the devil!!!

blu2xtreme
10-29-2009, 04:46 PM
luckily fit doesn't read my journal...

eating a pouch of tuna in your honor...skipping the pb.

I put the jar in my co workers office and told him I could only have it for 1 minute 3x a day.

Hopefully that will work.

WHy can't I be addicted to tuna...at least if you eat extra it doesn't hurt your calories for the day too much.

I wish food didn't taste good!

Ate the nasty tuna ....now having peanut butter ...ha ha:p

gman
10-29-2009, 04:46 PM
I hear you G...PB is the devil!!!

If you knew how much of a jar I have eaten since lunchtime yesterday, you would fly to VA Beach and kick my ass

the good side is I have determined without a doubt what my problem food is now...

I may forego it altogether and try to get my fats from another source.

Hard part is, I want to eat a few items of real food in a day...I already do 3 whey shakes a day. I eat eggs and tuna/chicken the other meals, hmmm...gotta figure this out. how do I get enough fat if I throw away the pb and peanuts.

gman
10-29-2009, 04:51 PM
Ate the nasty tuna ....now having peanut butter ...ha ha:p

I would normally laugh, but I have eaten half a 15 oz jar of pb since noon yesterday

1400 calories just on pb.

normally should have had 5 tbsp which is about 500 cals, so 900 extra

On the plus side, I am not hungry...

Down4whatever
10-29-2009, 05:00 PM
I feel the same whey about my bagels.....I'm sure gonna miss those plump, round, pillows of desire!!!

gman
10-29-2009, 05:00 PM
for some positive news... 207.0 for 3 mornings in a row. I think it's safe to say I am 207 now...meaning 1.2 lbs this week.

gman
10-29-2009, 05:04 PM
I feel the same whey about my bagels.....I'm sure gonna miss those plump, round, pillows of desire!!!

bagels coated with crunchy peanut butter...what could be better

unintentional pun with the whey, Matt...good one even though you didn't mean it

blu2xtreme
10-29-2009, 05:06 PM

I can so think of better things:p;)

I do miss bagels a little :drool:

Down4whatever
10-29-2009, 05:07 PM
for some positive news... 207.0 for 3 mornings in a row. I think it's safe to say I am 207 now...meaning 1.2 lbs this week.

Noice!!!!! Way to go man! You are almost down to Matt weight :yep:

I'm bouncing between 202-205......until next week when I throw down the gauntlet!!

Down4whatever
10-29-2009, 05:14 PM

I just thought of a new money-making idea.....I was a pasty baker for 5 years, so we could market "Whey Bagels"!!!!

Nah, they probably already have them....... :sad:

gman
10-29-2009, 05:21 PM
Noice!!!!! Way to go man! You are almost down to Matt weight :yep:

I'm bouncing between 202-205......until next week when I throw down the gauntlet!!

a little bit of a difference, you are 3-4" taller...but yeah, I am getting there.

32 more to go...better than 40

freebirdmac
10-29-2009, 05:48 PM
Why all the whey shakes instead of chicken breast?

gman
10-29-2009, 05:51 PM
cost plus laziness.

usually preworkout, postworkout, and before bed I do a whey shake.

I then do chicken/tuna for lunch and midafternoon, and eggs for supper.

some days I just do a shake in the midafternoon as well, so 4 out of 6 meals are shakes.

blu2xtreme
10-29-2009, 05:52 PM
Why all the whey shakes instead of chicken breast?

Good question ...real food is better :yep:
see I listen and learn

gman
10-29-2009, 05:54 PM
I disagree about that..if someone can prove to me that I am wrong I will listen.

Protein is protein is protein.

Someone will come in and say it takes more calories to digest real food than whey...prove it.

Real food is more filling, which is a benefit in most cases, I don;t think it is "better" for you than protein powder.

I know I will get flamed, but I have never seen proof, it just seems to be one of those bodybuilding truisms that are not really proven, just assumed to be true.

In fact if you do the Palumbo diet he had 3 solid meals, and 3 whey shakes a day...the guru!

Down4whatever
10-29-2009, 06:08 PM
I disagree about that..if someone can prove to me that I am wrong I will listen.

Protein is protein is protein.

Someone will come in and say it takes more calories to digest real food than whey...prove it.

Real food is more filling, which is a benefit in most cases, I don;t think it is "better" for you than protein powder.

I know I will get flamed, but I have never seen proof, it just seems to be one of those bodybuilding truisms that are not really proven, just assumed to be true.

In fact if you do the Palumbo diet he had 3 solid meals, and 3 whey shakes a day...the guru!

Yeah, there was a thread by Kimsquit on bb.com where he experimented with this notion for a long period and he noticed no difference between food and whey.....

gman
10-29-2009, 06:10 PM
It is very similar to the slow vs fast cardio heart rates; the intervals vs steady state debate; fasted vs nonfasted cardio; keto vs nonketo; high rep low weight vs low rep high weight, etc.

I think it all works if you do it for a long time and are consistent!

blu2xtreme
10-29-2009, 06:15 PM
Would love if it was true - love whey shakes - way easier then food.

gman
10-29-2009, 06:18 PM
I am not sure what the answer is, Blu...maybe the other nutrients in real food or something like that make a difference...I just love how cheap whey is and how easy it is to get 50g of protein by downing 2 scoops in water.

Plus I get more water this way! lol

gman
10-29-2009, 06:21 PM
am considering eat some carbs at supper tomorrow night, wanted to get opinions...this is the end of week 4.

Not a cheat meal, just thinking of eating a big sweet potato or brown rice with my supper, something like that.

freebirdmac
10-29-2009, 06:35 PM
Mike, I'd eat more chicken in place of whey as it's a different protein source with different a different nutritional profile and it should be more filling. You don't have to dump the shakes, whey protein is obviously good especially at a deficit.

For carbs I'd pick a big sweet potato over brown rice. If you bak it as opposed to nuking it, it'll taste so much better. I bake mine at 425 until the juices not only flow, but caramelize and turn dark. Makes it very sweet and easy to eat plain. Farm Fresh has had some really nice, locally grown ones.

gman
10-29-2009, 06:59 PM
thanks, Pam, I knew you could explain the whey vs whole food thing...makes good sense.

not sure if I want to really do the carb thing, I am kind of afraid to.

but I do want to do it to see if I can control a carb up meal and not eat like a pig.

I think I might wait another week of two, but might change my mind

Those FF sweet potatoes sound really good...slather some real butter on there and your talking heaven.

gman
10-29-2009, 07:16 PM
I am not going to beat myself up on the peanut butter overload...I didn't go eat junk food or carbs, so I am still in ketosis, and will just count it as a high calorie day....

not a big deal...I learned from it and that's what counts.

blu2xtreme
10-29-2009, 07:24 PM
I am not going to beat myself up on the peanut butter overload...I didn't go eat junk food or carbs, so I am still in ketosis, and will just count it as a high calorie day....

not a big deal...I learned from it and that's what counts.

Just checked out the 15 oz jar of peanut butter - I could so eat half of that. :yep:

Did you see that they have peanut butter with cinnamon in it - to many carbs 9 or 11 can't remember for sure - why do I love pb so much:dunno:

gman
10-29-2009, 07:26 PM
I could eat a jar of peanut butter in 15 minutes with ease.

It is so good...

like I said, why does food taste so good?

cinnamon is yummy...wonder if you could just sprinkle cinnamon in pb and stir to save on the carbs.

blu2xtreme
10-29-2009, 08:54 PM
I could eat a jar of peanut butter in 15 minutes with ease.

It is so good...

like I said, why does food taste so good?

cinnamon is yummy...wonder if you could just sprinkle cinnamon in pb and stir to save on the carbs.

I sprinkle cinnamon on lots of weird stuff. One of my meals this week was cut up chicken breast mixed in cottage cheese with 1/2 serving walnuts and cinnamon sprinkled on it ...mmm good

gman
10-29-2009, 08:59 PM
and I thought I was weird for putting mustard on tuna fish...

blu2xtreme
10-29-2009, 09:04 PM
and I thought I was weird for putting mustard on tuna fish...

You have to cover that hickory taste with something :D

gman
10-29-2009, 09:06 PM
I also put the horseradish type mustard on my chicken breast as well.

mustard is good on almost anything...if mustard is not good on something, I use Frank's hot sauce instead. With those two things I got most foods covered when I eat them.

gman
10-29-2009, 09:09 PM
did want to announce, I know my waist tapes at 38 flat, but I tried on some 34 jeans tonight from my closet and they fit....

vanity sizing for sure, but they say 34 on them...

blu2xtreme
10-29-2009, 09:12 PM
Woo Hoo very happy for you
did you do a victory dance :excited:
love when I get to use that smilie

gman
10-29-2009, 09:16 PM
well, they did look like 1983 style jeans on me, meaning tight on the legs and rear, but they weren't biting into my waist, so yeah, I was pretty happy.

5 more lbs and they will be perfect.

freebirdmac
10-29-2009, 09:29 PM
Whoohoo! Now that is progress :yep:

gman
10-30-2009, 05:21 AM
Whoohoo! Now that is progress :yep:

I will take it, that's for sure!

My mind cannot compute having 38" waist and wearing size 34's, but that's ok...they still fit

TheTransformator
10-30-2009, 06:26 AM
How are you coping G...mentally wise...?

buckimscl
10-30-2009, 06:33 AM
Keep up the "fight" Mike. The weight is coming off and the bodyfat is lowering and that's the main thing.

gman
10-30-2009, 10:17 AM
How are you coping G...mentally wise...?

mentally good, physically getting very tired.

Have to tough it out, it gets worse from what I hear....probably be doing 3 hours a day of cardio when I a month out!

Keep up the "fight" Mike. The weight is coming off and the bodyfat is lowering and that's the main thing.

Exactly...people are noticing at the gym.

gman
10-30-2009, 10:20 AM
Today I did arms:

Bodyweight dips, vertical as possible: 15 12 11 9...less than usual because I have been told I wasn;t dipping very far, so I tried to go deeper

Incline db extensions, db in each hand: 4 sets, don't remember the weight

Standiing overhead extension, 1 db with both hands: 2 sets of 10 with 80 lber

EZ bar 21's: 7/7/7 at 75, 7/7/5 at 85, 7/5/3 at 85, 7/7/7 at 75

Standing high pulley cable curls: 4 sets

Concentration curls: 2 sets

45 minutes of cardio...wimped out on the last 15

gman
10-30-2009, 10:23 AM
Kroger has all of the keto stuff on sale right now:

Birdseye Steam Fresh veggies, mix and match, if you buy 10 bags, only $1.29 per bag
Emerald almonds: 3.99 a can (cocoa roast! yum)
Kroger cashew halves and pieces: 2.99 a can
Strakist tuna flavors: $1.79 a pouch
Egg beater pints, 2/$5.00 plus a .69 coupon if you buy 2

Poured a pint of egg beaters in bowl with a tbsp of butter, and microwaved them...put 2 tbsp of salsa on....great postworkout meal! Also had an ounce of cashews with it.

musclegoddess65
10-30-2009, 10:24 AM
If you knew how much of a jar I have eaten since lunchtime yesterday, you would fly to VA Beach and kick my ass

the good side is I have determined without a doubt what my problem food is now...

I may forego it altogether and try to get my fats from another source.

Hard part is, I want to eat a few items of real food in a day...I already do 3 whey shakes a day. I eat eggs and tuna/chicken the other meals, hmmm...gotta figure this out. how do I get enough fat if I throw away the pb and peanuts.

Macademia nut oil in your shakes.... I hate PB and that is how I got my fats in... or I had to be dilegent with the nuts, which was hard for me.. I did ok if I got the unsalted natural nuts not as tempting to eat them all..

musclegoddess65
10-30-2009, 10:28 AM
Mike, I'd eat more chicken in place of whey as it's a different protein source with different a different nutritional profile and it should be more filling. You don't have to dump the shakes, whey protein is obviously good especially at a deficit.

For carbs I'd pick a big sweet potato over brown rice. If you bak it as opposed to nuking it, it'll taste so much better. I bake mine at 425 until the juices not only flow, but caramelize and turn dark. Makes it very sweet and easy to eat plain. Farm Fresh has had some really nice, locally grown ones.

OMG a sweet potato cooked in oven or one the grill till it is DONE... mmm mmm good you don't need butter, or brown sugar or anything its that sweet by itself..

bigdaddyd
10-30-2009, 10:28 AM
good training Mike. I have seen several guys "cutting" that are adding the oils to their shakes now to make sure they get them in.

musclegoddess65
10-30-2009, 10:30 AM
mike if you can't control having the nuts around... then even if they are on sale its a waste of time/money!!!! just my .02

bigdaddyd
10-30-2009, 10:31 AM
^^hell yeah^^

gman
10-30-2009, 10:34 AM
Macademia nut oil in your shakes.... I hate PB and that is how I got my fats in... or I had to be dilegent with the nuts, which was hard for me.. I did ok if I got the unsalted natural nuts not as tempting to eat them all..

nuts, not so bad, pb, really bad....have it in another office away from me right now.

I can eat nuts the way I am supposed to...I count out the number that I get to eat, put on a napkin and just eat them one at a time. PB must be a comfort food for me for some unknown reason, so I am phasing it out and going nuts only.

OMG a sweet potato cooked in oven or one the grill till it is DONE... mmm mmm good you don't need butter, or brown sugar or anything its that sweet by itself..

sounds yummy, but I will pass for another couple of weeks. I really want to break my carb addiction completely....4 weeks now with no starchy carbs...starting to not remember what they taste like

good training Mike. I have seen several guys "cutting" that are adding the oils to their shakes now to make sure they get them in.

I would rather eat nuts, but could switch to oil...hmmm

mike if you can't control having the nuts around... then even if they are on sale its a waste of time/money!!!! just my .02

^^hell yeah^^

see comments above.

buckimscl
10-30-2009, 10:36 AM
Baked sweet potatoes:drool:

gman
10-30-2009, 10:40 AM
Baked sweet potatoes:drool:

it's pretty bad when you crave sweet potatoes...

who needs carbs anyway? Not me!

buckimscl
10-30-2009, 10:43 AM
You ever try Almond butter???

gman
10-30-2009, 10:50 AM
You ever try Almond butter???

yes, it's even more easy to scarf down than pb...market about 100 yards from my office has a make your own almond butter machine...you just sit the little plastic dish under and hit the switch and it grinds up the almonds before your eyes:drool:

gman
10-30-2009, 10:50 AM
took a pic this morning just for the hell of it...I sucked my gut in for fun

not much to suck in in the front though...I sure wish you could suck in the sides and lower back!

I am about 10-12lbs lighter than in my avatar, don't see any difference in the two pics myself

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/IMAG0072.jpg

buckimscl
10-30-2009, 10:54 AM
I definitely see improvements. Good job bro.! It's the whole leaning out thing. Fit is trying to make me understand that :)

gman
10-30-2009, 10:55 AM
I definitely see improvements. Good job bro.! It's the whole leaning out thing. Fit is trying to make me understand that :)

poor quality camera doesn't help any...

I still think I look better heavier...but I know that will change once I get really lean

Baldiewonkanobi
10-30-2009, 11:00 AM
WHOA!! There you go bro!!! Spray tan/shave the pits and the next pic will be in your contest suit. :yep:

...was gonna post my comfort food, saw your progress, thought the
better of it then...WTF

http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition-calories/food/trader-joes/sunflower-seed-butter

Baldie

gman
10-30-2009, 11:01 AM
holy crap, baldie....I have a Trader Joe's 1/4 mile from my desk...you trying to sabotage me or somethin?

Down4whatever
10-30-2009, 11:04 AM
Holy crap, you're leaning out nicely!!! WTG Mike!!!

Don't worry about how depleted you look, thats just what happens when you're glycogen deprived. You'll fill out nicely on a carb up.

gman
10-30-2009, 11:08 AM
that's probably why I look better heavier in the avatar...was eating carbs then. Plus I had just done arms

I can't figure out why my cell phone takes orange pics in my home bathroom...the avatar was taken with my cell phone too and it looks fine.

I am noticing it most in my face...starting to look older without the fat stretching out the wrinkles! :)

AnglicanBeachParty
10-30-2009, 11:20 AM
That's a big change!

You are well on your way, gman!! :headbang:

freebirdmac
10-30-2009, 11:28 AM
You look at yourself too often :) I too can see a real difference in the photos! It's all working :yep:

I eat sunflower butter every day instead of pb. Very good stuff.

gman
10-30-2009, 11:30 AM
Now that you guys say you can see a difference, I went back and looked...I do look a lot better, but it's subtle...I am thinner from side to side if that makes sense? Not as wide in the middle.

I weigh myself every morning, in fact I am mad that I didn't do it this morning, I feel naked.

buckimscl
10-30-2009, 11:32 AM
Told ya so. I weigh twice a week. Down 8.25 lbs in 11 days! Had a cheat yesterday though!

gman
10-30-2009, 11:34 AM
awesome bucki...I am jealous, but am going at my own pace...I am down 8lbs in 28 days.

buckimscl
10-30-2009, 11:37 AM
Bro, I ate so many carbs and junk just cleaning up my diet a little will provide fast results. I weigh twice a week because I know how weight fluctuates. I weigh on Mondays and Thursdays. If the scale is up on the second weigh in day I'll tighten up the diet a little or throw in some more cardio.

gman
10-30-2009, 11:40 AM
good plan, me I am a scale watcher!

Funny even with a scale to the nearest 10th, I am getting the same exact numbers a lot!

Didn't weigh today but was 207.0 on T, Wed and Th when I weighed.

I think it's really strange.

I think I have figured out when I will have my sweet potato/carb up meal...the day I weigh 199. It will keep me disciplined and looking forward to it!

Until that day, no carbs

buckimscl
10-30-2009, 11:44 AM
Keto! Keto! Keto!

gman
10-30-2009, 01:09 PM
tuna, broccoli and cauliflower and cocoa roast almonds for lunch.

don't come near me.

blu2xtreme
10-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Hey Mike
Just realized I hadn't given your thread any attention this morning
sorry - I was just so excited about you guys posting in mine I forgot.
Plus Bucki's avi got me a little sidetracked:p

blu2xtreme
10-30-2009, 01:12 PM

don't come near me.

That thought is enough to make me lose the eggs and oatmeal I worked so hard to eat :no:

gman
10-30-2009, 01:13 PM
That thought is enough to make me lose the eggs and oatmeal I worked so hard to eat :no:

funny thing is, none of it affects me in the least.

I can drink protein powder by the ton and not get any stomach problems from it.

buckimscl
10-30-2009, 01:31 PM
.Bucki's avi got me a little sidetracked:p
My fiendish plan is working:hypno:

gman
10-30-2009, 04:31 PM
brian siders now trains at Brute Strength here in my area...here is a video just posted up where he is shoulder pressing 315 for reps...strict

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1141592699914

gman
10-30-2009, 06:43 PM
major psychological breakthrough today...someone complimented me at the Y and said I looked leaner. I graciously accepted their compliment instead of doing my usual..."nah, I haven't lost much yet, still need to lose 32 more."

This is a major breakthrough for me.

Down4whatever
10-30-2009, 07:09 PM
major psychological breakthrough today...someone complimented me at the Y and said I looked leaner. I graciously accepted their compliment instead of doing my usual..."nah, I haven't lost much yet, still need to lose 32 more."

You're already my new hero!! Just reading about the sacrifices you're making is motivating me to get started leaning out!!

Go Mike!!! :yep:

Wish we lived in the same town so we could train together

gman
10-30-2009, 07:21 PM
At Brute Strength Gym no less!

Brian Siders is a beast!

freebirdmac
10-30-2009, 07:30 PM

That's a huge accomplishment. It puts you in a much better mindset for preventing cheats and sabotaging yourself. You are getting leaner!

TheTransformator
10-30-2009, 07:32 PM
mentally good, physically getting very tired.

Have to tough it out, it gets worse from what I hear....probably be doing 3 hours a day of cardio when I a month out!

Exactly...people are noticing at the gym.

3hrs...are you nuts...?

Just started the cardio myself (walking the dog more often)...but 3 hours...while on a keto diet..?

bigdaddyd
10-30-2009, 08:05 PM
don't come near me.

What the hell? I don't even have anything to say to this....except....What the hell?

gman
10-30-2009, 08:35 PM
That's a huge accomplishment. It puts you in a much better mindset for preventing cheats and sabotaging yourself. You are getting leaner!

I can definitely tell myself! getting a hollow under my ribs on either side of my abs. It's all good

3hrs...are you nuts...?

Just started the cardio myself (walking the dog more often)...but 3 hours...while on a keto diet..?

It's probably fate...old guys like me have to a lot of cardio. I am already doing an hour a day and losing real slow on that.

What the hell? I don't even have anything to say to this....except....What the hell?

I had zero gas or heartburn....cast iron stomach comes in handy again

gman
10-31-2009, 02:43 PM
this is going to be my hardest test in a while...I love Halloween, and I love digging through my daugter's bag for good candy

This is going to suck

fatbackgoal
10-31-2009, 03:06 PM
G..you can treat yourself but dont go crazy. Have a positive mindset and you can do it. No different than getting under a weight you didn't think you could handle before.

freebirdmac
10-31-2009, 03:33 PM
this is going to be my hardest test in a while...I love Halloween, and I love digging through my daugter's bag for good candy

This is going to suck

You're not supposed to pilfer your daughter's candy anyway :no:

gman
10-31-2009, 04:49 PM
G..you can treat yourself but dont go crazy. Have a positive mindset and you can do it. No different than getting under a weight you didn't think you could handle before.

I will do ok...just drink a giant whey shake while I walk around with her.

she's getting big, so can't get away with it anymore! she will be 11 in 2 weeks.

bigdaddyd
10-31-2009, 07:40 PM
This is going to suck
You can do it man....mindset

Why not? I still check each and every piece just like my dad use to 20 years ago

gman
10-31-2009, 08:04 PM
got home just now...must be 5lbs of candy in the sack....mom is helping sort and check it so I don't even have to look at it.

I am eating 3 eggs and a cup of egg whites scrambled up.

had a protein smoothie while walking around.

It will be nice not waking up with a sugar hangover tomorrow.

freebirdmac
10-31-2009, 09:20 PM
Good boy!!!

blu2xtreme
11-01-2009, 01:19 AM
got home just now...must be 5lbs of candy in the sack....mom is helping sort and check it so I don't even have to look at it.

I am eating 3 eggs and a cup of egg whites scrambled up.

had a protein smoothie while walking around.

It will be nice not waking up with a sugar hangover tomorrow.

This is the first year my daughter didn't do some kind of candy related activity for Halloween - such a relief. I never ate the candy but it stressed me to watch my daughter and husband eat piece after piece.

If I am going to have a hangover I want it to be a worth while one:)

gman
11-01-2009, 08:45 AM
Good boy!!!

I can't believe that I did it, but I did it...maybe I have changed finally.

This is the first year my daughter didn't do some kind of candy related activity for Halloween - such a relief. I never ate the candy but it stressed me to watch my daughter and husband eat piece after piece.

If I am going to have a hangover I want it to be a worth while one:)

You haven't seen candy gorging until you have seen me...until now!

gman
11-01-2009, 08:57 AM
today makes 28 days without a cheat meal...

can't say I don't want to have one, but at least I am not a slave to having one.

gman
11-01-2009, 09:02 AM
does this changing the clock bullshit mess with anyone else as bad as it does me?

I woke up earlier than normal even with the extra hour.

freebirdmac
11-01-2009, 09:41 AM
does this changing the clock bullshit mess with anyone else as bad as it does me?

I woke up earlier than normal even with the extra hour.

Fall doesn't mess with me. Now spring is a killer! I hate moving the clock forward. It takes me months to adjust.

Stayed up late watching the Yankees and got up early enough to get a run in before the rain hits. There will be napping today :)

gman
11-01-2009, 09:43 AM
Fall doesn't mess with me. Now spring is a killer! I hate moving the clock forward. It takes me months to adjust.

Stayed up late watching the Yankees and got up early enough to get a run in before the rain hits. There will be napping today :)

congrats on the win...today will definitely be a good day for napping around here.

I am heading to the Y with Grace for cardio...she might swim or do cardio. I warned her an hour is a long time.

blu2xtreme
11-01-2009, 09:55 AM
congrats on the win...today will definitely be a good day for napping around here.

I am heading to the Y with Grace for cardio...she might swim or do cardio. I warned her an hour is a long time.

Have never napped a day in my life - wish so much I could, it sounds so relaxing.
Have fun...no cardio today for me
Have leg day - which I will learn to love:no:

gman
11-01-2009, 09:56 AM
love-hate leg day.

Hate doing it, love how my legs look from doing it.

blu2xtreme
11-01-2009, 10:05 AM
love-hate leg day.

Hate doing it, love how my legs look from doing it.

Not everyone has your sexy legs:drool:

Hate you ...could never :p

Bacon Boy
11-01-2009, 10:38 AM
took a pic this morning just for the hell of it...I sucked my gut in for fun

not much to suck in in the front though...I sure wish you could suck in the sides and lower back!

I am about 10-12lbs lighter than in my avatar, don't see any difference in the two pics myself

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/IMAG0072.jpg

Thata boy I am now subbed sir!!!! YOu cant get rid of me see!!!:no:

gman
11-01-2009, 10:39 AM
hey, BB...I have been keeping up with you some, but not posting....2 weeks out now...

how you feeling?

You look great.

Bacon Boy
11-01-2009, 10:49 AM
hey, BB...I have been keeping up with you some, but not posting....2 weeks out now...

how you feeling?

You look great.

Thanks Mike! Umm it weird but I feel amazing, I shouldn't but against all odds I do feel amazing mentally physically, I am ready to do my thing on stage am I nervous hell yeah, I will probably puke back stage 2-3 times before its all said and done but hey I will make it through it.

I am ramping stuff and just doing what I supposed to be doing, I honestly want to say thanks for the menatl backing you have given me throughout its really helped tremendously, as far as how I look as soon as this is posted I am practicing my posing, I am thinking I should change everyday physique wise and just get harder and harder... Stronger too???

I have to do great because thats what YOU EXPECT OUT OF ME AND I CANT LET YOU DOWN!

gman
11-01-2009, 10:51 AM
will post on your thread about this...I have to leave now to go do cardio of all things!

thanks for encouraging this old guy, BB

gman
11-01-2009, 12:26 PM
did 45 minutes on the cybex arc trainer...put the incline on its max of 20 and the resistance on 85...still got only to 133 a couple of times...averaged 128.

I am a cyborg

I am incredibly hungry...had 3 eggs and a cup of egg whites this morning with 3tbsp of parmesan...after cardio had 2 scoops of whey, 1 tbsp of pb and 1tbps of sugar free caramel syrup blended up with a bunch of ice and water

I feel empty inside.

bigdaddyd
11-01-2009, 02:40 PM
as long as your eyes dont turn red you are ok

gman
11-01-2009, 02:56 PM
I did eat a handful of nuts and some pb just now. still feel like I am empty. I am so tired and lethargic right now.

going to mom's for dinner...she said she is cooking a turkey breast, green beans, and salad...my mom is so nice...she knows I am trying to eat right.

bigdaddyd
11-01-2009, 02:59 PM
That's cool. My family totally does not get it.

My wife made me a great breakfast of 3 egg whites, 1 omega eggs, and 3 turkey bacon....then showed up with pizza rolls for lunch? I'm like W T F?

Bacon Boy
11-01-2009, 03:05 PM
What are pizza rolls again... lol What I am I talking about I had pizza last night..

gman
11-01-2009, 03:07 PM
I hate you

bigdaddyd
11-01-2009, 03:27 PM
I was a little blown away that she came walking out with them. I'm like...seriously? This is what you made? Now this is after seeing me get out of the shower and make comments about my sides going down, my chest looks square-er, and my hips are starting to show.

I know she was just trying to be nice because of the week I had. I totally appreciate that she was trying to be sweet and give me something off track...off the path...but all i could think of is that shit got me here....I had a couple and then claimed I wasn't hungry.

gman
11-01-2009, 09:01 PM
proud of myself at mom's

here was the menu:

turkey
dressing
green beans
scalloped potatoes
salad
dinner rolls.

I had 1, 3 and 5 and skipped 2, 4, and 6.

bigdaddyd
11-01-2009, 09:02 PM
great job G

freebirdmac
11-01-2009, 09:04 PM
Mike, you just may be getting the hang of this :yep:

gman
11-02-2009, 06:55 AM
I think so....

but I am up a lb. at 208...will stay the course though, and not get impatient.

I did no cardio Saturday and only 45 min Fri and sunday, so I was 1 1/2 hours short in 3 days. That's the only explanation I can think of.

Will really bear down on the cardio this week. 60 minutes a day no matter what.

My wife is out of town so I can't get to the Y until 730 today as I am in charge of getting Grace off to school...taking extra gym clothes to do cardio at lunchtime since I won't have time this morning.

Baldiewonkanobi
11-02-2009, 07:37 AM
I may do zero cardio here on out. Have done none for about a year. Mike if I cardioed like you I would eat muscle. Strange how we humans are so alike yet so damn different. My bugga boo is fucking arthritis. That with extreem DOMS is the shitz. The simple act of me getting outta bed for that first cup of coffee should be filmed and submitted to the Sundance Film Festival under the comedy category. But one hour of cardio....hats off brother...that tops it all.

Baldie

bigdaddyd
11-02-2009, 09:02 AM
I may do zero cardio here on out. Have done none for about a year. Mike if I cardioed like you I would eat muscle. Strange how we humans are so alike yet so damn different. My bugga boo is fucking arthritis. That with extreem DOMS is the shitz. The simple act of me getting outta bed for that first cup of coffee should be filmed and submitted to the Sundance Film Festival under the comedy category. But one hour of cardio....hats off brother...that tops it all.

Baldie

That's funny....but I can totally relate. I thank GOD, our new house is one level inside! Just to make it from the bed to the coffee maker with the two story house was incredibly difficult and funny to watch

freebirdmac
11-02-2009, 09:09 AM
I think so....

but I am up a lb. at 208...will stay the course though, and not get impatient.

I did no cardio Saturday and only 45 min Fri and sunday, so I was 1 1/2 hours short in 3 days. That's the only explanation I can think of.

Will really bear down on the cardio this week. 60 minutes a day no matter what.

My wife is out of town so I can't get to the Y until 730 today as I am in charge of getting Grace off to school...taking extra gym clothes to do cardio at lunchtime since I won't have time this morning.

Meh. A pound. That's noise. Ignore it. And no, missing 1 1/2 hours of cardio did not cost you 3500 calories. If only we burned that much doing cardio.

gman
11-02-2009, 09:46 AM

Baldie

it is funny how different we are...if I weren't doing cardio I would probably be gaining weight.

hope I don't get that arthritis stuff...my mom's mom had it in her hands but no where else...maybe it's one of those few diseases that is not in my family.

That's funny....but I can totally relate. I thank GOD, our new house is one level inside! Just to make it from the bed to the coffee maker with the two story house was incredibly difficult and funny to watch

you talk like an old man, D!

Meh. A pound. That's noise. Ignore it. And no, missing 1 1/2 hours of cardio did not cost you 3500 calories. If only we burned that much doing cardio.

well it was 1700 calories...it said so on the read out! lol

gman
11-02-2009, 09:48 AM
leg day, a good one!

squats: 15/135 12/185 8/225 3/275 ...all the way down and up every single rep

Stationary bb lunges on max rack smith machine, no bar weight counted: 15/90 12/140 12/140 12/140, on each leg

1 leg at a time leg press: 12/315 10/315 10/315 10/315 on each leg

stiff leg deads: 10/225 8/245 8/245

bigdaddyd
11-02-2009, 10:56 AM
good leg work G. Ass to ankles..I love it.

gman
11-02-2009, 11:03 AM
good leg work G. Ass to ankles..I love it.

thanks, D...I want to do 315, need to get there soon. I am embarrassed that I am so weak on squats.

Bacon Boy
11-02-2009, 11:05 AM
This far out weights of lifts (quality as well) should be the majority of your worry, not cardio length (has to be longer than 25 mins) as long as your diet is good which is difficult, you wont need to do a marathon everyday... Concentrate on sweating the whole time and shorter breaks in between sets no longer than 1 min if you can go right into the working sets from the warm up that is perfect...

gman
11-02-2009, 11:10 AM
This far out weights of lifts (quality as well) should be the majority of your worry, not cardio length (has to be longer than 25 mins) as long as your diet is good which is difficult, you wont need to do a marathon everyday... Concentrate on sweating the whole time and shorter breaks in between sets no longer than 1 min if you can go right into the working sets from the warm up that is perfect...

Hey BB, thanks man...most days I am doing 60 minutes and I do sweat my ass off, even though my heart rate will not go over 135 or so.

I need to really bear down on not resting more than 60 seconds between sets...I need to start wearing a watch.

Keto has definitely made me 10-15% weaker on my lifts.

Bacon Boy
11-02-2009, 11:15 AM
My hr rarely gets above 130 and thats with about 600 mgs of caffiene in my system at a time... My resting hr if no one is around is about 45, if I am getting it taken at the dr's 60 cause I am stressed to hell...

gman
11-02-2009, 11:19 AM
same here, it is 55 when I wake up...

I had the arc trainer on it's highest incline and on 85 resistance, and still was getting 120-125 heart rate. I was pulling so hard with my arms, that they were flexing.

how you feeling today BB? 12 days out now, right?

Bacon Boy
11-02-2009, 11:25 AM
same here, it is 55 when I wake up...

I had the arc trainer on it's highest incline and on 85 resistance, and still was getting 120-125 heart rate. I was pulling so hard with my arms, that they were flexing.

how you feeling today BB? 12 days out now, right?

I honestly think thats going to get you a hell of a lot leaner than than just full speed , guys like us (low heart rate) arent going to have the same zones as others, maybe 5 beats less to burn fat, but honestly, its better to be on the low side than the burning up glycogen and muscle mass zone...

I am really good, I am attacking this with an assassin's accuracy, I am perfect so far, I will be physically transforming everyday, my serratus is in on both sides cold, abs look legit, quads and calves perfect...

Bacon Boy
11-02-2009, 11:27 AM
Do you have a gallon jug of water with you mike? Cause i never heard about any water intake boss... How much you getting a day?

gman
11-02-2009, 11:30 AM
I don;t drink enough pure water, too much diet soda.

I drink 3-4 24 oz protein shakes with water...lots of water when working out, and then about 4-5 diet sodas.

what's your height and weight bb?

Bacon Boy
11-02-2009, 11:42 AM
I don;t drink enough pure water, too much diet soda.

I drink 3-4 24 oz protein shakes with water...lots of water when working out, and then about 4-5 diet sodas.

what's your height and weight bb?

Dont mean to be harsh, but I do want you to get my point, you're fucking yourself... Lots of water working is your only source of true water, i think you know my opinion on shakes pre contest, and the diet soda isnt giving you any actual water (net), I think if you increased the intake of real water, you are going to see much greater results...

height is 5'7", weight is at 169 lbs...

In my avatar I am 173

Down4whatever
11-02-2009, 11:44 AM
test

sorry, used your journal as a test to see how to attach pics

bodyhard
11-02-2009, 11:46 AM
test

Was that you for Halloween? :eek: :D

gman
11-02-2009, 11:48 AM
Dont mean to be harsh, but I do want you to get my point, you're fucking yourself... Lots of water working is your only source of true water, i think you know my opinion on shakes pre contest, and the diet soda isnt giving you any actual water (net), I think if you increased the intake of real water, you are going to see much greater results...

In my avatar I am 173

Don't mind harsh, I need harsh...promise to drink more water. we have a water cooler here, so no excuse

I wondered on your stats, because that weight range is where I need to be to win this contest.

Bacon Boy
11-02-2009, 11:50 AM
So you gonna do middleweight? How tall are you?

Down4whatever
Was that you for Halloween? :eek: :D

That's Debra Lafave, lol......I've been in love with that chic since she 'raped' that 13 year old kid. Kids these days have it so good :yep:

gman
test

don't mind, at least it wasn't a pic of an ugly guy!

I do prefer brunettes though, just remember that for next time

gman
11-02-2009, 11:51 AM
So you gonna do middleweight? How tall are you?

5'8"

lbm on 10/2 per dexascan was 172.

figure I need to be 172-175 on day of show to be 3-4% bf. Some muscle loss is inevitable.

bigdaddyd
11-02-2009, 12:52 PM

In my avatar I am 173

AMEN to that. G...I drink about a gallon a day. Lately i been drinking diet soda for the caffeine to help with the headaches (Dr's oreders if you can believe that), and I notice a HUUUUUGE difference. My stamina is way down and are my muscles are flat as hell!

gman
11-02-2009, 01:15 PM
I am so flat from the keto it's not funny...look like a noob.

I promise on a stack of Bibles to drink more water. I just filled my quart shaker with water.

musclegoddess65
11-02-2009, 01:19 PM

Mike I came from a home where I was contantly told how ugly I was, how worthless I was, etc... so as I got older I never knew how to take a compliment... then I got to a point where, like you I'd say nah I still have to.....but with some great work with my therapist I have learned its ok... now I graciously say thank you and smile...

I've learned that when someone gives a compliment and we come back with nah, or yeah but, or something else.. its like we've just dismissed the wonderful gift someone else gave us...

and you are looking great! you may not see it but we all see it in your pictures!!!

bigdaddyd
11-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Mike I came from a home where I was contantly told how ugly I was, how worthless I was, etc... so as I got older I never knew how to take a compliment... then I got to a point where, like you I'd say nah I still have to.....but with some great work with my therapist I have learned its ok... now I graciously say thank you and smile...

I've learned that when someone gives a compliment and we come back with nah, or yeah but, or something else.. its like we've just dismissed the wonderful gift someone else gave us...

and you are looking great! you may not see it but we all see it in your pictures!!!
Every one of us have told you this....we did not conspire to make you feel good about yourself. We truly see changes for the better

musclegoddess65
11-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Don't mind harsh, I need harsh...promise to drink more water. we have a water cooler here, so no excuse

I wondered on your stats, because that weight range is where I need to be to win this contest.

since your not a water drinker... start with a 1/2 gallon jug and make sure its gone by days end... then bump that up to a gallon jug and again make sure by days end its gone....:yep:

musclegoddess65
11-02-2009, 01:28 PM
don't mind, at least it wasn't a pic of an ugly guy!

I do prefer brunettes though, just remember that for next time

what brunettes??? you know red heads have more fun!!!

blu2xtreme
11-02-2009, 01:32 PM
Every one of us have told you this....we did not conspire to make you feel good about yourself. We truly see changes for the better

Totally ...you have changed like crazy

but I knew you would :yep:

gman
11-02-2009, 01:35 PM

thank you very much guys...like I said, this is a major breakthrough to accept compliments for what they are.

I appreciate the support, and I do believe you when you say I look better!

gman
11-02-2009, 01:36 PM

Well, now that you mention it...brunettes and redheads tie! Much better than blondes, especially fake blondes!

Down4whatever
11-02-2009, 01:36 PM

I hate where I live!!!! I'm fully convinced there are no girls that look like this in my area :(

What was I doing.......? :hypno:

gman
11-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Va Beach is not the place to be either...unless you are a lady...lots of single military dudes, not enough women to go around!

There aren't too many who look as good as Kim anywhere, so don't feel bad

blu2xtreme
11-02-2009, 01:39 PM
I hate where I live!!!! I'm fully convinced there are no girls that look like this in my area :(

What was I doing.......? :hypno:

Va Beach is not the place to be either...unless you are a lady...lots of single military dudes, not enough women to go around!

There aren't too many who look as good as Kim anywhere, so don't feel bad

Vegas boys vegas...fit girls everywear :yep:

gman
11-02-2009, 01:40 PM
if I were single, definitely would be there tomorrow. I loved it out there the 3 times I have been

musclegoddess65
11-02-2009, 01:48 PM
and what happens in vegas... STAYS in Vegas

blu2xtreme
11-02-2009, 01:49 PM
if I were single, definitely would be there tomorrow. I loved it out there the 3 times I have been

What time of the year were you here?
Summers scare people off - but I love it hot :yep:

Next time your here let me know would love to meet you in person-
seems like I have known you forever:)

bodyhard
11-02-2009, 01:52 PM
That's Debra Lafave, lol......I've been in love with that chic since she 'raped' that 13 year old kid. Kids these days have it so good :yep:

Ohh Damn, where can I find her? I need to get raped by a woman that looks like that!

blu2xtreme
11-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Ohh Damn, where can I find her? I need to get raped by a woman that looks like that!

You would love to be raped by just about any woman:p

gman
11-02-2009, 01:54 PM
and what happens in vegas... STAYS in Vegas

I can no longer concentrate with that avatar you put up, what were we talking about again?

What time of the year were you here?
Summers scare people off - but I love it hot :yep:

Next time your here let me know would love to meet you in person-
seems like I have known you forever:)

I have always come in between Thanksgiving and Christmas for accounting seminars...we are required to get 40 hours of classes every year. It is so cheap to fly to LV and the hotels are next to nothing...might as well have fun when I am taking classes.

Maybe we can hit the Golds.

bodyhard
11-02-2009, 01:58 PM
You would love to be raped by just about any woman:p

No sweetie I have my standards and women HAVE to be fucking HOT!

Although I have to admit I love P.. (hmm this is not the pit so let me not get too carried away, but you get the point right) but the woman has to be sexy/hot!!

blu2xtreme
11-02-2009, 02:01 PM
I can no longer concentrate with that avatar you put up, what were we talking about again?

I have always come in between Thanksgiving and Christmas for accounting seminars...we are required to get 40 hours of classes every year. It is so cheap to fly to LV and the hotels are next to nothing...might as well have fun when I am taking classes.

Maybe we can hit the Golds.

Been thinking of joining Golds let me know if you are coming anytime soon

No sweetie I have my standards and women HAVE to be fucking HOT!

Although I have to admit I love P.. (hmm this is not the pit so let me not get too carried away, but you get the point right) but the woman has to be sexy/hot!!

Not the pit ...need to be a good little Bodyhard:p

gman
11-02-2009, 02:05 PM
I went to the one on Sahara last time, and it was pretty nice. Had everything you need...not crowded and pretty well kept.

blu2xtreme
11-02-2009, 02:11 PM
I went to the one on Sahara last time, and it was pretty nice. Had everything you need...not crowded and pretty well kept.

There's a new opening near my house - will check it out soon
Need a real gym ...just need to learn to play the game better with my hubby

freebirdmac
11-02-2009, 02:13 PM
I'm glad I'm not married. Oh wait, maybe that's why I'm not married :D

blu2xtreme
11-02-2009, 02:15 PM
I'm glad I'm not married. Oh wait, maybe that's why I'm not married :D

Think I told you before ...you are a smart woman :yep:

Might be joining you if things don't turn around...it's getting old and tiring:mad:

gman
11-02-2009, 02:17 PM
marriage is not for sissies, not saying Pam is a sissy though...she scares me...lol

blu2xtreme
11-02-2009, 02:19 PM
marriage is not for sissies, not saying Pam is a sissy though...she scares me...lol

I'm not a sissie or a pushover anymore thats the problem

gman
11-02-2009, 02:20 PM

I am...that's the problem.

It's a problem either way!

Bacon Boy
11-02-2009, 02:30 PM
I would love to get a career out in vegas when I am done with school I could really be living the dream then... Wouldnt have to worry about snow anymore or being cold, just getting big and cleaning water... Thats what I dream about lol

bodyhard
11-02-2009, 02:30 PM

Its about time!!!

gman
11-02-2009, 02:33 PM
not sure if I would like the heat...I hate Va Beach in the summer.

I would love to live in Tahoe or Flagstaff.

blu2xtreme
11-02-2009, 02:35 PM
Its about time!!!

Feeling it today ...may change tomorrow;)

I would love to get a career out in vegas when I am done with school I could really be living the dream then... Wouldnt have to worry about snow anymore or being cold, just getting big and cleaning water... Thats what I dream about lol

Great living here ...love it :)
Close to everying Cali , mountians , lakes, sand dunes,
hiking , clubs ...this city would be heaven for a young guy

blu2xtreme
11-02-2009, 02:36 PM
not sure if I would like the heat...I hate Va Beach in the summer.

I would love to live in Tahoe or Flagstaff.

Loved both when I visited ...but not big on snow ...hate being cold

bodyhard
11-02-2009, 02:50 PM
Feeling it today ...may change tomorrow;)

You better not! Keep your head up, a strong/confident women is a sexy women!

gman
11-02-2009, 04:26 PM
food today

2 eggs and a cup of egg whites, scrambled with 2 tbps of romano
2 scoops of whey and 1.5 oz of almonds
Pouch of Hickory smoked tuna and 1.5 tbsp of pb
Pouch of garlic and herb tuna and 1.5 tbsp of pb.
slice of ham

feel like I haven't eaten in days.

blu2xtreme
11-02-2009, 04:37 PM
food today

2 eggs and a cup of egg whites, scrambled with 2 tbps of romano
2 scoops of whey and 1.5 oz of almonds
Pouch of Hickory smoked tuna and 1.5 tbsp of pb
Pouch of garlic and herb tuna and 1.5 tbsp of pb.
slice of ham

feel like I haven't eaten in days.

Just reminded me I am so behind on food ...only one meal so far
Pam is going to kick my ass :yep:

TheTransformator
11-02-2009, 04:38 PM
G...how are we doing...still on schedule...?

bodyhard
11-02-2009, 04:39 PM
WTF happen why are you in the red not that it matter but wtf happen?

gman
11-02-2009, 04:42 PM

i got the opposite problem, blu...I could eat every 15 minutes the whole time I am awake.

gman
11-02-2009, 04:42 PM
G...how are we doing...still on schedule...?

getting behind some T

33 lbs and only 16 weeks to do it.

going to be patient a couple more weeks then see where I am...

Down4whatever
11-02-2009, 04:55 PM

Your metabolism is in the shitter.......You're really gonna have to work hard to fix this; I hope you get it all ironed out as I really want you to succeed.

blu2xtreme
11-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Your metabolism is in the shitter.......You're really gonna have to work hard to fix this; I hope you get it all ironed out as I really want you to succeed.

I know - Mike has been great reminding me to eat and Pam stays on my ass too - now I have you - thank you :)
Need all the friends I can get.

gman
11-02-2009, 05:04 PM
I wish we could trade appetites for 4 months.

blu2xtreme
11-02-2009, 05:08 PM
I wish we could trade appetites for 4 months.

I'll pass on that one ...thanks anyway:no:

gman
11-02-2009, 05:22 PM
you could bulk up quick...I could lose quick...even trade!?

TheTransformator
11-02-2009, 05:46 PM
getting behind some T

33 lbs and only 16 weeks to do it.

going to be patient a couple more weeks then see where I am...

Stay with it G...I had the same...got constipation while eating 3500kcal/day...because I decided to eat three bananas in a row...and trust me...not shitting for 4 days while eating 3500kcal/day ain't no joke...I survived but lost some valuable days...just put your mind into it...you can do it...!

gman
11-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Stay with it G...I had the same...got constipation while eating 3500kcal/day...because I decided to eat three bananas in a row...and trust me...not shitting for 4 days while eating 3500kcal/day ain't no joke...I survived but lost some valuable days...just put your mind into it...you can do it...!

I will not give up...sorry to hear about your ordeal...that would not be fun.

freebirdmac
11-02-2009, 06:45 PM
How many cals Mike?

And Blu, I'll see you in your thread :mad:

gman
11-02-2009, 07:33 PM
not done with day yet, just ate 3 eggs and a cup of whites.

will tell you in a minute...let me go on fitday.

gman
11-02-2009, 07:46 PM
1909 cals so far

freebirdmac
11-02-2009, 07:49 PM
And you will eat more right?

gman
11-02-2009, 07:58 PM
yes a shake with pb in it, my fake ice cream

freebirdmac
11-02-2009, 08:08 PM
I keep thinking about this. I really think you should get a heart rate monitor with a chest strap. If you really have issues getting your heart rate up it could explain your "lagging" metabolism. It would be interesting to get some numbers during lifting, cardio, and after wearing it on a rest day for 24 hours.

gman
11-02-2009, 08:17 PM
so keep it for 24 hours and see what my average heart rate is for a day kind of thing?

I will see what I can do...I am pretty close to Lynnhaven Mall and can check at Dicks for those monitors.

My partner is buying my road bicycle that I never use, so I will have some cash pretty soon

need to find a decent one at a fair price...know nothing about them whatsoever

freebirdmac
11-02-2009, 08:26 PM
Yep. If you wear it for 24 hours on a rest day you can see what kind of cals you burn on that type of day. Combine that info with your workout info and you can correlate your hr data with your results. If your hr is truly staying low all the time with very little time above 100, it'll explain a lot. I'd also question why you have difficulty in getting it higher as even elite athletes with low resting hr's can still get it up there.

freebirdmac
11-02-2009, 08:35 PM
Looks like the cheapest at Dick's is $70, they're a bit cheaper here (where I got mine) http://www.trinowfitness.com/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=6

Polar is very good. Wrist models w/o chest strap are not as accurate.

gman
11-02-2009, 08:37 PM
I don't know Pam, maybe I just need to push harder on the pedals and get the rpms up...it's kind of tough for me to go over 55-60 rpm with the resistance cranked high, but maybe I just need to push harder....there has to be a simple explanation like that.

we gotta do some cardio on a Saturday and you can push me to get the rate up...I feel like I am working hard, but maybe I am not.

Northman
11-02-2009, 08:53 PM
I don't know Pam, maybe I just need to push harder on the pedals and get the rpms up...it's kind of tough for me to go over 55-60 rpm with the resistance cranked high, but maybe I just need to push harder....there has to be a simple explanation like that.

we gotta do some cardio on a Saturday and you can push me to get the rate up...I feel like I am working hard, but maybe I am not.

You doing high intensity?

freebirdmac
11-02-2009, 08:54 PM

If my chest strap will fit you, you can wear mine that day. But yeah, you may not be pushing yourself as hard as you think you are. Sweating is not a good indicator. Same is true for your lifting routine and why I suggested a change. You may be burning a lot less lifting than you think.

Ask around. Could be someone you know has a hr monitor sitting around in a drawer at home.