PDA

View Full Version : Mike and Paula's Journal of Life, Love and Ever-Changing Goals

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Down4whatever
11-17-2009, 01:54 PM
Can you wear one of those for 24 hours and get an estimated 'calorie burn' for the day?

gman
11-17-2009, 02:01 PM
I believe so...I am horrible with electronic watches...I got one from my mom a couple of years back and couldn't figure out how to set it, so I have it in a drawer somewhere.

Baldiewonkanobi
11-17-2009, 02:12 PM
"Wow Mike you are sure leaning out"

:p And nice lobster color :p

Baldie pulling your chain ;)

gman
11-17-2009, 02:18 PM
"Wow Mike you are sure leaning out"

:p And nice lobster color :p

Baldie pulling your chain ;)

lobster better than flounder fillet color! lol

at least you can see muscle when you are pink!

gman
11-17-2009, 02:19 PM
i cannot find the exact monitor, but mine is very similar to this one. Mine says Trail Runner in the spot the one on the link says Ironman, but identical other than that.

http://www.trailblazergear.com/timex-ironman-triathlon-trail-runner-bodylink-system.html?___store=default

I think I got very lucky at Dick's.

Down4whatever
11-17-2009, 02:29 PM
Does it have the chest strap or does it pull HR from your wrist?

gman
11-17-2009, 02:35 PM
chest strap...

the damn instructions are in a 50 pg book.

I probably will end up using it as a wristwatch.

I am going to have to meet Pam one Saturday to do cardio so she can show me how to use the damn thing

BEAST MODE
11-17-2009, 02:41 PM
Just start pressing buttons until you figure it out.

gman
11-17-2009, 02:44 PM
I tried that with my last watch and ended up with about 5 things going! lol

just figured out how to set the watch by pressing buttons...major accomplishment

I think I figured out why it was 29.95...the year was 2005 on it. Maybe it's a really old model...what the hell, as long as it works, right?

BEAST MODE
11-17-2009, 02:48 PM
I'm telling you man...Dick's is not up-to-date w/ their heart rate monitors! Or their prices...

gman
11-17-2009, 02:50 PM
oh well. 30 for a timex monitor is good...I don't give a crap how old it is!

What I do know about Dicks is the clothing is a ripoff.

gman
11-17-2009, 02:56 PM
need some help choosing a meal tonight...it's Grace's birthday and she chose Cheeseburger in Paradise. Not too much there I can eat. Here are a couple of the choices...be my conscience if you will!

Parrot Beach Salmon
Grilled salmon topped with your choice of BBQ or Teriyaki sauce. Served over Island Rice with Teriyaki Broccoli

vs

St. Barts Citrus Chicken
Marinated chicken breasts seasoned, grilled and served over
Island Rice with Teriyaki Broccoli

vs

Costa Rican Steak Salad*
Grilled sliced seasoned steak on top of fresh salad mix with roasted corn,
cucumbers, red onions, wontons, salsa and blue cheese crumbles tossed with Balsamic Vinaigrette

I am leaning toward the salad.

On the other two I would have to ask for double broccoli and no rice.

BEAST MODE
11-17-2009, 02:59 PM
I would go w/ the citrus chicken probably G. Salmon sounds good, but no bbq because of the sugar, and the teriyaki would likely have lots of sodium. So yeah, probably chicken w/ double broccoli...although I wouldn't even eat the broccoli. I hate broccoli. I'd have the chicken and probably sneak in some almonds or something.

I would ask your server to find out if they baste the chicken in anything too, like butter or something. Make sure they don't.

gman
11-17-2009, 03:03 PM
damn, that was my 3rd choice of the 3....

probably means it's the best choice.

The salad is tempting, if I held the wontons it might be ok with a oil and vinegar type dressing.

Down4whatever
11-17-2009, 03:03 PM
I'd do what I did yesterday. We had a huge luncheon at an expensive asian restaurant for a couple of retiree's. I ate before we went and had a diet coke and watched everyone else eat :drool::drool::drool::drool:

That was by far the most excruciating 2 hrs ever spent

gman
11-17-2009, 03:04 PM
I'd do what I did yesterday. We had a huge luncheon at an expensive asian restaurant for a couple of retiree's. I ate before we wnt and had a diet coke and watched everyone else eat :drool::drool::drool::drool:

That was by far the most excruciating 2 hrs ever spent

I will just not eat all 6 meals today rather than do that.

I ate meal 3, chicken and almond butter just now...won't eat again until supper, and not anything after supper

Down4whatever
11-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Not gonna happen, I refuse to do that this far out.

I hear ya......I just did it to test my willpower :hypno:

gman
11-17-2009, 03:07 PM
I hear ya......I just did it to test my willpower :hypno:

you did it too...good job.

you also got me before I edited my post, you bastard! lol

freebirdmac
11-17-2009, 03:08 PM
Mike, give the instructions and the watch to your daughter, let her set it up :) You should just have to set date/time/age/weight/height then know how to start it in exercise mode to record heart rate. I'm sure most of the instructions are to do some fancy specific hr training.

Down4whatever
11-17-2009, 03:09 PM
you did it too...good job.

you also got me before I edited my post, you bastard! lol

LOL, yeah, looking back, I wish I'd have eaten something....shit was free

gman
11-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Mike, give the instructions and the watch to your daughter, let her set it up :) You should just have to set date/time/age/weight/height then know how to start it in exercise mode to record heart rate. I'm sure most of the instructions are to do some fancy specific hr training.

here are the modes I discovered by pushing the mode button:

chrono
vertical
finish
navigate
waypoints
lap data
summary
timer
alarm
configure

under configure it pops up HRM settings, so I will go there when I feel courage.

my daughter is actually not too good at this stuff either...she plays DS and stuff but is not a gadget girl like most of the kids her age!

blu2xtreme
11-17-2009, 03:21 PM
I love electronic gadgets ....geek girl I am
I have the Nike running thing for my shoe that syncs with my ipod touch
My Ipod touch has over 50 apps on it even the Bible
I have the Kindle - E reader
I have a HRM watch

The more instrustions the better:p

Down4whatever
11-17-2009, 03:24 PM
I'm like you Mike, when I bought my Garmin for running, I learned just enough to get the little functionality I needed......since then I've learned alot more just by pushing buttons. It has prob 1,000 functions of which I use 10, lol.

I esp like the part where I upload all of my runs to the computer for detailed analysis *muhahahahahaha*

gman
11-17-2009, 03:28 PM
I love electronic gadgets ....geek girl I am
I have the Nike running thing for my shoe that syncs with my ipod touch
My Ipod touch has over 50 apps on it even the Bible
I have the Kindle - E reader
I have a HRM watch

The more instrustions the better:p

I want a kindle, but cannot justify the price when I can just go free to the library.

I prefer watches that have hands.

I am older than I look ;)

I'm like you Mike, when I bought my Garmin for running, I learned just enough to get the little functionality I needed......since then I've learned alot more just by pushing buttons. It has prob 1,000 functions of which I use 10, lol.

I esp like the part where I upload all of my runs to the computer for detailed analysis *muhahahahahaha*

I seriously have never worn the watch my mom gave me...I tried for 30 minutes to set it once, and almost threw it against the wall and stomped on it when I couldn't figure it out.

gman
11-17-2009, 04:12 PM
looking at the chest strap...this sumbitch is going to be tight as hell...might even cut off my circulation.

the rubber part with the monitor in it that goes in the front only reach my nipples...the stretchy strap is all the way on it's loosest setting and I can get it to maybe 18-20" at its stretchiest

Down4whatever
11-17-2009, 04:17 PM
looking at the chest strap...this sumbitch is going to be tight as hell...might even cut off my circulation.

the rubber part with the monitor in it that goes in the front only reach my nipples...the stretchy strap is all the way on it's loosest setting and I can get it to maybe 18-20" at its stretchiest

Well, cut back on the heavy deads then....... :D

gman
11-17-2009, 04:18 PM
Well, cut back on the heavy deads then....... :D

those make my ass big, not my chest! :p

actually figured out how to loosen the strap a little, should fit ok now. Not gonna be fun having the little clips where the strap hooks into the rubber part rubbing on my nipples for 60 minutes though.

Will figure it out tonight and try to wear it tomorrow at least for the cardio part of my training

freebirdmac
11-17-2009, 04:18 PM
Chrono>start/split then hit stop when done :)

Will read more of the manual later. Time for the gym!!

gman
11-17-2009, 04:21 PM
Chrono>start/split then hit stop when done :)

Will read more of the manual later. Time for the gym!!

you are an engineer as I recall...only an engineer would read an owner's manual for someone else's hrm...thanks Pam! I owe you a drink.

Have a good training session!

Bob45
11-17-2009, 05:31 PM
thanks for the compliments to everyone. I posted the pic to show how I turned into a lobster after 1 session of tanning...actually haven't lost any weight, or if I have I don't know yet because I haven't weighed in several days.

Big news, I bought a heart rate monitor at Dick's .... It is a Timex Bodylink Ironman model, andit was hanging on a rod with about 5 others with a tag above it that said 109.95, but had a sticker on it saying "Dick's Price 29.95."

All 3 of the timex models had that 29.95 sticker on them even though the price on the rods was 59.95, 79.95 and 109.95.

Being me, I chose the highest price on.

I even was honest at the cash register. I told them woman that it was marked 109.95 on the rod, but she scanned it and said, no it's 29.95

I hope it's a good monitor.

At least they didn't Dick you around! :no:

freebirdmac
11-17-2009, 07:10 PM
Ok, I picked a generic trail runner manual and it does not calculate calories. It's for hr monitoring and other stuff. So unless there is something specific in your manual, you don't have a hrm that does such a thing :(

blu2xtreme
11-17-2009, 07:21 PM
This is the Mio watch I have now....maybe when it's time to cut I will
try the strap kind. I think it would drive me crazy wearing it.

http://www.miowatch.com/classic-select-pink-heart-rate-watch

freebirdmac
11-17-2009, 07:37 PM
those make my ass big, not my chest! :p

actually figured out how to loosen the strap a little, should fit ok now. Not gonna be fun having the little clips where the strap hooks into the rubber part rubbing on my nipples for 60 minutes though.

Will figure it out tonight and try to wear it tomorrow at least for the cardio part of my training

You're supposed to wear the chest strap just below the pecs. Not across your nipples.

gman
11-17-2009, 08:03 PM
At least they didn't Dick you around! :no:

Just the opposite!

Ok, I picked a generic trail runner manual and it does not calculate calories. It's for hr monitoring and other stuff. So unless there is something specific in your manual, you don't have a hrm that does such a thing :(

I don't ascribe much to the calorie burn stuff anyway...I didn't even know there was such a monitor...when you guys said to get a hrm, I got an hrm! :hypno:

This is the Mio watch I have now....maybe when it's time to cut I will
try the strap kind. I think it would drive me crazy wearing it.

http://www.miowatch.com/classic-select-pink-heart-rate-watch

not crazy about wearing the strap either, I wear tank tops when I train usually.

You're supposed to wear the chest strap just below the pecs. Not across your nipples.

oh, I thought I just had too massive a chest for the thing...you burst my bubble a lot, you know.

gman
11-17-2009, 08:10 PM
ended up eating a huge garden salad with pulled chicken breast and balsamic vinaigrette.

It had no cheese, croutons ,etc....but the dressing tasted a little sweet. I ate all the chicken and about 2/3 of the salad.

freebirdmac
11-17-2009, 08:21 PM
I don't ascribe much to the calorie burn stuff anyway...I didn't even know there was such a monitor...when you guys said to get a hrm, I got an hrm! :hypno:

oh, I thought I just had too massive a chest for the thing...you burst my bubble a lot, you know.

The hr readings will tell you a lot. The lower it is, or the shorter it's elevated, the fewer cals you burn.

Sorry about bursting your bubble! But at least I saved you from looking stupid!! :D

gman
11-17-2009, 08:28 PM
The hr readings will tell you a lot. The lower it is, or the shorter it's elevated, the fewer cals you burn.

Sorry about bursting your bubble! But at least I saved you from looking stupid!! :D

It will be interesting to see how accurate the handles on the cardio equipment were in my case.

haha...would have been pretty bad if I had worn the strap up high, wouldn't it?

freebirdmac
11-17-2009, 08:32 PM
haha...would have been pretty bad if I had worn the strap up high, wouldn't it?

Maybe worse than shaving your body :p

gman
11-17-2009, 08:35 PM
Maybe worse than shaving your body :p

I really am getting stared at a lot...and not in a good way

freebirdmac
11-17-2009, 08:43 PM

Trust me, you're encountering a lot of jealousy. They see you leaning out, at will, yet they aren't going anywhere. So the whole bodybuilding thing becomes something they scoff at. Pretty boy, mirror whore, self-centered, etc. Congrats!! You are a bodybuilder! :D

gman
11-17-2009, 08:45 PM
Trust me, you're encountering a lot of jealousy. They see you leaning out, at will, yet they aren't going anywhere. So the whole bodybuilding thing becomes something they scoff at. Pretty boy, mirror whore, self-centered, etc. Congrats!! You are a bodybuilder! :D

never thought of it that way...now I don't give a damn about the looks I get!

Plus I think the women are jealous of how pretty my legs are when shaved.

I cannot believe how ripped my legs are getting already...when I get tan, I will post a pic of them

MsGuns
11-17-2009, 08:56 PM
never thought of it that way...now I don't give a damn about the looks I get!

Plus I think the women are jealous of how pretty my legs are when shaved.

I cannot believe how ripped my legs are getting already...when I get tan, I will post a pic of them

They are...lol

Down4whatever
11-17-2009, 08:58 PM
I caught myself staring at your pics........:D :eek:

gman
11-17-2009, 08:58 PM
They are...lol

hey! Welcome back...you did great, I hear!

gman
11-17-2009, 08:59 PM
this pic is for baldie! I took this pic this morning when I was taking the other one showing my extreme tanning booth sunburn...I changed this one to black and white. You can see how small a build I really have under this fat. I sucked it in pretty good

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/IMAG0092-2.jpg

gman
11-17-2009, 09:18 PM
I caught myself staring at your pics........:D :eek:

mine!!!

or ms guns?

please don't say me

gman
11-17-2009, 09:26 PM
going to bed guys, have a good night...5 am comes earlier every day.

buckimscl
11-17-2009, 09:36 PM
Good night Gman! Kick some ass tomorrow!

blu2xtreme
11-17-2009, 09:43 PM
going to bed guys, have a good night...5 am comes earlier every day.

Night will love your back workout with the new vg's :yep:

blu2xtreme
11-18-2009, 09:12 AM
Good morning hope you kicked it on your cardio this morning and worked those weight hard

I worked my back way hard...feeling it big time already...but love it:)

gman
11-18-2009, 09:38 AM
Good morning hope you kicked it on your cardio this morning and worked those weight hard

I worked my back way hard...feeling it big time already...but love it:)

killed it today myself!

it feels good to be sore, doesn't it?

gman
11-18-2009, 09:45 AM
Back day, and new heart monitor test day

Bentover bb rows, overhand: 7/205 8/205 6/225 8/225

Bentover bb rows, underhand: 7/225 6/225 5/225 6/225

Bottom grip tbar machine, no bar weight, just plate weight: 10/70 8/90 4/115 6/115

DB Shrugs, gym only has 100 lb dbs so I used them: 20 16 14 16

Rear delt machine: 11/130 12/150 9/160 10/160

Pullups: 5 6 5

Tendinitis is back with a vengeance, the pullups especially hurt. Time for motrin

OK, here is the scoop on heart rate. The monitor and the grips on the treadmill were identical, meaning I didn't really need the monitor (but I did need a watch anyway!)

I set the treadmill on 10 incline and 3.5 mph and walked for 30 minutes. I only gripped the handles occasionally in order to test the heart rate reading.

On my hrm, my rate stayed in the upper 120's for the first 15 minutes or so...then it went up into the low and mid 130's the second 15 minutes...the peak was 138, but it was mainly 134 when I looked down. after I stopped, my heart rate went down to 90-95 within 5 minutes.

Like I said I have a strong heart. incline 10 at 3.5 mph, what do others get on heart rate, just so I can compare?

BEAST MODE
11-18-2009, 09:51 AM
G when I was dieting back in the spring, my HR would usually be between 125-135 at that incline/speed.

Nice back work today too bro!

gman
11-18-2009, 10:03 AM
G when I was dieting back in the spring, my HR would usually be between 125-135 at that incline/speed.

Nice back work today too bro!

thanks Rich...that is a damn hard incline to do for 30 minutes...I deliberately set it at 10 incline and 3.5 mph so others could compare to what I do, instead of doing a subjective thing like an exercise bike. I was in a lot of discomfort, and sweating my ass off, but my heart rate stayed there.

gman
11-18-2009, 10:05 AM
forgot to mention, the cardio was done after lifting, 3 cups of coffee and 2 vpx meltdowns.

I didn't feel any effect from the caffeine today...must be getting a tolerance to it.

BEAST MODE
11-18-2009, 10:06 AM
Shit...that's a ton of caffeine bro!

gman
11-18-2009, 10:09 AM
Shit...that's a ton of caffeine bro!

will be taking it to 2 tons, since 1 ton does nothing! :p

forgot to mention, weighed 204.4 this morning, so no weight loss this week.

Baldiewonkanobi
11-18-2009, 10:13 AM
Only problem with the BW pic is you did not flare your lats. Think V. When you get on stage you CAN NOT have one moment where you are not displaying everything you have. Start NOW. The camera in your or anothers hand is the judges/audience eyes. The mirror the same.

Baldie

Baldiewonkanobi
11-18-2009, 10:14 AM
will be taking it to 2 tons, since 1 ton does nothing! :p

forgot to mention, weighed 204.4 this morning, so no weight loss this week.

I say you gained one pound muscle and lost one pound fat.

Good job!!

Baldie

gman
11-18-2009, 10:16 AM
thanks, Baldie...I tried to flare my lats, honest! I know what you mean about it though...you can't relax for even a second...you never know who will notice.

going to do some real progress pics this weekend...my friend Eric is going to take some pics and he will make sure I am posing correctly.

gman
11-18-2009, 10:16 AM
I say you gained one pound muscle and lost one pound fat.

Good job!!

Baldie

I know people say you can't lose and gain at the same time...but I sure feel like it's happening with me.

bodyhard
11-18-2009, 10:34 AM

Thats a good thing Mike! :yep:

TheTransformator
11-18-2009, 10:36 AM
Mike...you're on the right track...man...nice results in your last picture...imagine yourself crushing everyone come contest time...you can do it mate...I'm impressed!

gman
11-18-2009, 10:39 AM
Thats a good thing Mike! :yep:

definitely think Pam was right, it's a jealousy thing with the guys and a lusting thing with the women (I hope)! :hypno:

Mike...you're on the right track...man...nice results in your last picture...imagine yourself crushing everyone come contest time...you can do it mate...I'm impressed!

thanks, T...slow and steady, but I really am getting psyched to kick some ass.

bodyhard
11-18-2009, 10:45 AM
definitely Pam was right, it's a jealousy thing with the guys and a lusting thing with the women! :yep:

Fixed!

Down4whatever
11-18-2009, 10:49 AM
I've never done a T-mill at 10 incline and 3.5mph, but I've done 4.5mph at 10-12 and my HR was around 138, so pretty comparable

gman
11-18-2009, 11:03 AM
well it seems like I will have to run if I want a higher heart rate...walking starts being pretty near impossible above 3.5mph for me!

gman
11-18-2009, 11:04 AM
Fixed!

thanks!

gman
11-18-2009, 11:10 AM
had my first bodybuilding dream last night...woke up and remembered only that I was showing my legs to someone and telling them I had just shaved them 3 days ago, and they were already fully hairy again, and I was pissed.

then I woke up...have no idea what the dream was like other than that little snippet

BEAST MODE
11-18-2009, 11:14 AM
LOL That's an odd part to remember...

gman
11-18-2009, 11:16 AM
it's probably because I have to shave a part of my body every day to keep up. I rotate through, arms one day, legs the next, and chest the next...then start over on day 4

This sucks...My DHT must be through the roof from the TRT

Down4whatever
11-18-2009, 11:20 AM
This sucks...My DHT must be through the roof from the TRT

LOL, I have no idea what this means.......:confused::dunno:

gman
11-18-2009, 11:25 AM
DHT is produced by males in vivo and is responsible for the formation of male sex-specific characteristics. DHT is an important contributor to other characteristics generally attributed to males, including facial and body hair growth, and deepening of the voice. DHT may also play a crucial role in both sex drive and the growth of muscle tissue.[2][unreliable source?] Unlike other androgens such as testosterone, DHT cannot be converted by the enzyme aromatase to estradiol[3]. It, therefore, is frequently used in research settings to distinguish between effects of testosterone caused by binding to the androgen receptor, and those caused by testosterone's conversion to estradiol and subsequent binding to estrogen receptors.

Down4whatever
11-18-2009, 11:35 AM
DHT is produced by males in vivo and is responsible for the formation of male sex-specific characteristics. DHT is an important contributor to other characteristics generally attributed to males, including facial and body hair growth, and deepening of the voice. DHT may also play a crucial role in both sex drive and the growth of muscle tissue.[2][unreliable source?] Unlike other androgens such as testosterone, DHT cannot be converted by the enzyme aromatase to estradiol[3]. It, therefore, is frequently used in research settings to distinguish between effects of testosterone caused by binding to the androgen receptor, and those caused by testosterone's conversion to estradiol and subsequent binding to estrogen receptors.

Well, hell...that cleared it right the fuck up! :D :D

Just kiddin Mikey

gman
11-18-2009, 11:44 AM
let me simplify it, forgot you were an OSU grad

DHT good: sex drive and muscle

DHT bad: baldness and lots of body hair, plus prostate enlargement

Down4whatever
11-18-2009, 11:55 AM
let me simplify it, forgot you were an OSU grad

DHT good: sex drive and muscle

DHT bad: baldness and lots of body hair, plus prostate enlargement

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh! **picking nose** ok! :D Good to know!

freebirdmac
11-18-2009, 11:56 AM
Back day, and new heart monitor test day

Bentover bb rows, overhand: 7/205 8/205 6/225 8/225

Bentover bb rows, underhand: 7/225 6/225 5/225 6/225

Bottom grip tbar machine, no bar weight, just plate weight: 10/70 8/90 4/115 6/115

DB Shrugs, gym only has 100 lb dbs so I used them: 20 16 14 16

Rear delt machine: 11/130 12/150 9/160 10/160

Pullups: 5 6 5

Tendinitis is back with a vengeance, the pullups especially hurt. Time for motrin

OK, here is the scoop on heart rate. The monitor and the grips on the treadmill were identical, meaning I didn't really need the monitor (but I did need a watch anyway!)

I set the treadmill on 10 incline and 3.5 mph and walked for 30 minutes. I only gripped the handles occasionally in order to test the heart rate reading.

On my hrm, my rate stayed in the upper 120's for the first 15 minutes or so...then it went up into the low and mid 130's the second 15 minutes...the peak was 138, but it was mainly 134 when I looked down. after I stopped, my heart rate went down to 90-95 within 5 minutes.

Like I said I have a strong heart. incline 10 at 3.5 mph, what do others get on heart rate, just so I can compare?

Mike, most machines will pick up on your hrm transmissions and display them. Using the hand grips doesn't over-ride it. Did you see your hr displayed before gripping the handles?

freebirdmac
11-18-2009, 12:01 PM
Jessica and I are doing a foodbank volunteer stint at Va Wesleyan Sat 9-12. What about the following weekend? We still don't have our Thanksgiving plans down yet.

gman
11-18-2009, 12:12 PM
Mike, most machines will pick up on your hrm transmissions and display them. Using the hand grips doesn't over-ride it. Did you see your hr displayed before gripping the handles?

no, it displayed nothing unless I gripped.

The treadmill says it is compatible with Polar brand monitors.

What's cool about my chest strap is there is no on off switch...I think the mere act of putting it on completes the circuit and turns it on.

Down side...it is tight as hell on my torso. I have it as loose as it will go.

gman
11-18-2009, 12:14 PM
Jessica and I are doing a foodbank volunteer stint at Va Wesleyan Sat 9-12. What about the following weekend? We still don't have our Thanksgiving plans down yet.

It's our year to go to my in-laws in Northern Virginia this Thanksgiving.

Another option is Grace has swim meets the first two weekends in December. I may be able to meet at your gym, most of the time the meets are at Eustis or Midtown Aquatic Center. We can drive two cars to the meet, then maybe we can meet at your gym, or somewhere outside to do some intervals.

freebirdmac
11-18-2009, 12:18 PM
It's our year to go to my in-laws in Northern Virginia this Thanksgiving.

Another option is Grace has swim meets the first two weekends in December. I may be able to meet at your gym, most of the time the meets are at Eustis or Midtown Aquatic Center. We can drive two cars to the meet, then maybe we can meet at your gym, or somewhere outside to do some intervals.

The gym would be great! I'm bulking, no intervals for me. Unless you just want someone to harass your ass :D

gman
11-18-2009, 12:23 PM
The gym would be great! I'm bulking, no intervals for me. Unless you just want someone to harass your ass :D

gym sounds cool...I know you are doing a different split than I am, but would love to see that gym. It's a newer facility is it not? Nicer than the Norfolk one from what I have heard.

I can do chest or back that day...or some of both! I could try doing an opposing muscle group superset...like bench press supersetted with pulldowns. Have never once tried that kind of routine.

Would be cool to have someone who knows me but hasn't seen me in a while check my progress in person.

freebirdmac
11-18-2009, 12:48 PM
gym sounds cool...I know you are doing a different split than I am, but would love to see that gym. It's a newer facility is it not? Nicer than the Norfolk one from what I have heard.

I can do chest or back that day...or some of both! I could try doing an opposing muscle group superset...like bench press supersetted with pulldowns. Have never once tried that kind of routine.

Would be cool to have someone who knows me but hasn't seen me in a while check my progress in person.

The gym has been there for a good while, but it is nicer than Norfolk! You can superset bench and pulldowns. The stations are a good ways apart but on a weekend that shouldn't be a problem.

We're on a two day split that we do twice a week. I was hoping to coincide a meet up with a week that we didn't work everything twice. But that probably won't happen until Christmas. Max will usually take his girlfriend down to NC to see her mom for a few days. Either way I can offer a spot then push your butt on the stairmill :)

gman
11-18-2009, 12:53 PM
I have a feeling the stairmill will be the thing that kicks my ass....wish we had one to try at the Y.

gman
11-18-2009, 01:38 PM
just in the last 15 minutes I can feel myself coming down with something. My throat is starting to hurt and getting the tingling feeling in my scalp and suddenly very tired.

This is going to suck if it gets worse. I pray it's not H1N1....hope it's just a cold coming on.

freebirdmac
11-18-2009, 01:43 PM
I hope it's just something in your supps!

BEAST MODE
11-18-2009, 01:49 PM
Get some vitamin c bro. Take nyquil tonight and make sure you can get 7-8 hours of sleep. You should feel better in the morning. You may just be really tired. I got that way a lot when I was cutting.

gman
11-18-2009, 01:52 PM
I hope it's just something in your supps!

me too...just starting nose dripping too...dammit...maybe it will pass.

Get some vitamin c bro. Take nyquil tonight and make sure you can get 7-8 hours of sleep. You should feel better in the morning. You may just be really tired. I got that way a lot when I was cutting.

I got some C down in the kitchen, will go pop a few. Might pop a couple of Meltdowns to see if I wake up...if I don't, I know I am getting sick...that shit works pretty good on me in the afternoons.

Down4whatever
11-18-2009, 01:53 PM
just in the last 15 minutes I can feel myself coming down with something. My throat is starting to hurt and getting the tingling feeling in my scalp and suddenly very tired.

This is going to suck if it gets worse. I pray it's not H1N1....hope it's just a cold coming on.

Damn....last time I felt like that (just about a month ago), I was down for 10 days.....take care bro

BEAST MODE
11-18-2009, 01:55 PM
G it really sounds just like the shit that would happen to me late in the week or on days I didn't sleep while I was cutting. I bet you just need 1 or 2 super solid nights of sleep, 8 hours, and you should be golden. But if you actually get sick, be smart about it. Don't push yourself even more.

Down4whatever
11-18-2009, 02:03 PM
Can you take the rest of the day off and go get a solid nap?

Shadow
11-18-2009, 02:04 PM

Noooo....Nyquil is the devil!

BEAST MODE
11-18-2009, 02:05 PM
Noooo....Nyquil is the devil!

Hmmm...for me it is amazing. It's a wonder drug. I take a generous swallow of it before bed and feel great the next day.

Shadow
11-18-2009, 02:07 PM
Hmmm...for me it is amazing. It's a wonder drug. I take a generous swallow of it before bed and feel great the next day.

I get Nyquil hangovers. The next day I have the strength of a newborn, and my head stays in a fog.

Shadow
11-18-2009, 02:07 PM
But the other day I think I saw a "less drowsy" version, FINALLY! After all those childhood years of being fed that crap and feeling like shit!

BEAST MODE
11-18-2009, 02:10 PM
Weird...I love the stuff. I wonder what it'd taste like w/ a little Jager mixed in.

AnglicanBeachParty
11-18-2009, 02:15 PM
For colds, Zycam tablets taken under the tongue, seem to ward them off if I catch it early enough.

BEAST MODE
11-18-2009, 02:22 PM
I'll agree w/ that...Zicam has worked well for me too.

joedemarco
11-18-2009, 02:28 PM
Get yourself some stuff called Airborne. It works awesome, especially if you take it right as you feel symptoms beginning. You just mix a tablet in some water and drink it.

Baldiewonkanobi
11-18-2009, 02:32 PM
If you get a fever have your Doc write a scrip for TamiFlu ASAP. 2 a day not one a day as it says on the box...

Baldie

gman
11-18-2009, 05:26 PM
Thanks everyone! Seems to be holding off. It has turned into just a very tickly throat now. Coughing a little, but the runny nose dried up!

Maybe it's my incredible immune system, or probably more likely an allergy? What could I be allergic to this time of year?

I do need to rest more, that's for sure...6 hours a night is not getting it.

gman
11-18-2009, 05:28 PM
Went to my chiro this afternoon and got adjusted.....damn he is lean...I hadn't been in 3-4 months. He is down at his competition weight right now of 175. He told me he wants to stay there for good, and cut to 170 for shows.

He said it is being proven that being very lean and a little bit hungry all the time is actually healthier.

He is going to help me with my posing on Friday. I hope to talk him into taking progress pics. He had me do the front double bi, and had my arms, elbows and shoulders in positions I did not know existed, but my damn biceps popped like a mfer. And my lats too.

Down4whatever
11-18-2009, 06:01 PM
Went to my chiro this afternoon and got adjusted.....damn he is lean...I hadn't been in 3-4 months. He is down at his competition weight right now of 175. He told me he wants to stay there for good, and cut to 170 for shows.

He said it is being proven that being very lean and a little bit hungry all the time is actually healthier.

He is going to help me with my posing on Friday. I hope to talk him into taking progress pics. He had me do the front double bi, and had my arms, elbows and shoulders in positions I did not know existed, but my damn biceps popped like a mfer. And my lats too.

Cool beans! I'm glad you're getting some help.......I need to get a consultant; I'm gonna be the only one without a contact to assist me. This is not fair!!! :hypno::D

Baldiewonkanobi
11-18-2009, 06:24 PM
Hungry all the time? Really...I will live for ever if that's true. Its great to have a mentor looking at you from time to time.

Baldie

blu2xtreme
11-18-2009, 08:08 PM

Cool does that mean I don't have to keep eating all this food:D

Having him help with posing and pics will be great.
Is this the guy you posted pics of a few days ago?
He looked amazing :yep:

gman
11-18-2009, 09:13 PM
another one for the ladies of my chiro...day of the 2007 Musclemania Superbody in Miami...I believe he placed 2nd or 3rd in the Masters. Funny thing, he told me I will look this good too when I lean out.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/tjfrontflexed.jpg

buckimscl
11-18-2009, 10:46 PM
I need to go to the chiro in the next few weeks to get adjusted.

blu2xtreme
11-18-2009, 11:55 PM
another one for the ladies of my chiro...day of the 2007 Musclemania Superbody in Miami...I believe he placed 2nd or 3rd in the Masters. Funny thing, he told me I will look this good too when I lean out.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/tjfrontflexed.jpg

Very nice ;)....Thanks Mike

If your going to look that good in Columbus ...you might need me to be your bodyguard ...I'm getting pretty muscled up...somebody will have to keep all the girls off of you:p

gman
11-19-2009, 05:07 AM
I hope to need a bodyguard in Columbus, but will have to refuse his or her services....being attacked would be kind of fun.

TJ (the chiro) told me yesterday that the show he did in 2007, where that pic was taken, was the only time he has come close to nailing his show prep carb/water manipulation. He said if you do it exactly right, your muscles fill up with water at the same time your skin shrinks in, double good! The lucky bastard has very little body hair either, so doesn't have the thrill of shaving like most men.

Feel like shit this morning, but it's a low level shit.

head hurts a little, especially at the temples, congested in my ears (not nose), and throat hurts some, but not like a strep throat kind of sore.

Just enough to be annoying.

gman
11-19-2009, 06:12 AM
did my measurements, will put up later, gotta go train.

Good news: 203.6

Bad news: waist is up a tad, chest, thigh and bicep all down a little.

Baldiewonkanobi
11-19-2009, 07:09 AM
Any word back from Dr. Smo on what he thinks about my Liotropic formula? I ask cuz although you are making congradulatory progress with your physique...its only 6 weeks until 2010. I want to take a look at your New Years pics and critique if I may. If your body is fighting back and trying to stay in a holding pattern you may need to seek out another client to pay for the added $100-150 a month in added supliments I feel that are required in order to look like your Chiro. Who, by the way, is perfectly conditioned. 170 pounds and hands the size of an NFL guard. Unfortunatly Anavar is triplicate prescription so we would get there via over the counter.

Baldie

gman
11-19-2009, 09:15 AM
Any word back from Dr. Smo on what he thinks about my Liotropic formula? I ask cuz although you are making congradulatory progress with your physique...its only 6 weeks until 2010. I want to take a look at your New Years pics and critique if I may. If your body is fighting back and trying to stay in a holding pattern you may need to seek out another client to pay for the added $100-150 a month in added supliments I feel that are required in order to look like your Chiro. Who, by the way, is perfectly conditioned. 170 pounds and hands the size of an NFL guard. Unfortunatly Anavar is triplicate prescription so we would get there via over the counter.

Baldie

Baldie, thanks for the reminder...I will email Allen today and ask him...will let you know.

You know that I not only welcome, but covet, your critique.

Chiro was the starting running back for University of Richmond in one or two of his college years. Started lifting heavy at age 14 and is still one of the strongest pound for pound men I have ever met. He can press 350 for reps even now.

gman
11-19-2009, 09:18 AM
shoulder and cardio day

Circuit, 4x through, no rest between exercises, 2 minutes between circuits.

front raise with plate
hammer grip lateral
arnold press
upright row with plate
regular laterals

strapped on heart monitor about 2 minutes after finishing lifting and my heart was beating at 120

got on the precor machine, and did 30 minutes at 15 ramp and 15 resistance (max resistance is 20)....my heart rate rapidly climbed and stayed between 147-153 the entire 30 minutes. 5 minutes after stopping it was in the low 90's.

I felt good while training, but feel like shit again now. Pumped 3g of vitamin c when I got to work.

Baldiewonkanobi
11-19-2009, 09:23 AM
;) HYDRATE ;)

Baldie

gman
11-19-2009, 09:32 AM
have had 2 quarts already today Baldie!

will keep pumping the water and the vitamin C!

thanks for mentoring me...I really appreciate it

gman
11-19-2009, 09:38 AM
measurements, then vs now:

weight: 215 203.6
neck: 17 16.5
shoulders: 51 50 7/8
chest: 45 3/8 43 3/4
waist: 38 3/4 37 3/4
hips: 41 40
calf flexed: 17 16 7/8
bicep flexed: 16 3/4 16 1/4
forearm flexed: 13 3/4 13 1/2

freebirdmac
11-19-2009, 09:45 AM
Nice changes in the measurements and weight!!! Don't sweat the waist measurement. Bloating will have those numbers all over the place. If you're shrinking everywhere else, your tummy is too :)

gman
11-19-2009, 09:47 AM
Nice changes in the measurements and weight!!! Don't sweat the waist measurement. Bloating will have those numbers all over the place. If you're shrinking everywhere else, your tummy is too :)

thanks, Pam

Are you proud of me for hitting 153 heart rate today! lol

funny thing is, I didn't feel like I was working any harder to do it.

Maybe the 3 scoops of Jack3d and cup of coffee preworkout had a little to do with it, I don't know

BEAST MODE
11-19-2009, 09:50 AM
153? Damn, that's high for an old fart like you G! Just messin w/ you...nice work this morning.

If you get a chance, go out and get you some zicam today. Dayquil also has worked well for me. I used it when I felt like I was getting sick before my Scotland trip, and I was good to go w/in 2 days.

Down4whatever
11-19-2009, 09:50 AM
thanks, Pam

Maybe the 3 scoops of Jack3d and cup of coffee preworkout had a little to do with it, I don't know

Are you trying to hit higher HR's?? I may have missed something here....

gman
11-19-2009, 09:54 AM
153? Damn, that's high for an old fart like you G! Just messin w/ you...nice work this morning.

If you get a chance, go out and get you some zicam today. Dayquil also has worked well for me. I used it when I felt like I was getting sick before my Scotland trip, and I was good to go w/in 2 days.

I will walk down to Rite Aid and check it out

Are you trying to hit higher HR's?? I may have missed something here....

yes, trying to get into the 140's some...experimenting to see if it helps burn fat better on me.

freebirdmac
11-19-2009, 10:39 AM
thanks, Pam

Yes I am! Even if you had to use artificial means :)
Actually I was going to suggest some stims.

gman
11-19-2009, 10:55 AM
this jack3d stuff is potent stuff, and I hardly felt it other than tingly skin

geranium
caffeine
guarana
beta alanine
carnosine
creatine monohydrate

a friend gave me his jar, said it made him feel weird and jittery! lol

HeavyDutyGuy
11-19-2009, 12:02 PM
Mike, I love this thread! I knew you could do this. Can't wait to see you shredded. Happy Holidays, but keep that focus on the turkey and not the pumpkin pie!

gman
11-19-2009, 12:07 PM
Mike, I love this thread! I knew you could do this. Can't wait to see you shredded. Happy Holidays, but keep that focus on the turkey and not the pumpkin pie!

Finally got my ass psyched up and will get this done.

I got the Turkey Day meal all planned out. Tons of turkey and green beans...a little stuffing and potatoes, and one slice of pie.

BEAST MODE
11-19-2009, 12:12 PM
Sounds good G...I can't wait for the next week to go by so I can binge, then take a big nap and watch some football.

gman
11-19-2009, 01:25 PM
food has been a struggle today, not feeling hungry so eating a lot of whey.

3 whey shakes and 2 1/2 oz of almonds so far today

BEAST MODE
11-19-2009, 01:33 PM
Must be that bug that got you G...you find any good drugs that have made you feel better?

Baldiewonkanobi
11-19-2009, 01:35 PM
You make me feel like a HOG.
4am whey drink tbl sunflower seed butter
6:30 am whey drink tbl sunflower seed butter
8am 2 yolks/10 whites
10am 1/4 pound deli rare roast beef/3 large bites cole slaw
10:30 am repeat above....

Burrrrrrrrrrrbaldie

gman
11-19-2009, 01:36 PM
passed on the stuff you said, it said nasal decongestant...I am not congested there, it is in my ears.

Got some dayquil caps and took two...feel a lot better except sleepy, but something in those things zapped my appetite.

gman
11-19-2009, 01:36 PM
You make me feel like a HOG.
4am whey drink tbl sunflower seed butter
6:30 am whey drink tbl sunflower seed butter
8am 2 yolks/10 whites
10am 1/4 pound deli rare roast beef/3 large bites cole slaw
10:30 am repeat above....

Burrrrrrrrrrrbaldie

you are on pace to eat 15 meals today.

I can't describe it, just don't want to eat much. Figure at least if I drink whey shakes I am getting protein and lots of water.

gman
11-19-2009, 01:55 PM
just ate a tbsp of pb.

Calories are in good shape for the day, just no solid food

1,237 cal
62.0 f
43.8 c
142.7 p

BEAST MODE
11-19-2009, 01:59 PM
I love Smucker's natty creamy PB!

blu2xtreme
11-19-2009, 02:05 PM
Love any and all PB...
hope you feel better :)

BEAST MODE
11-19-2009, 02:07 PM
Has anyone tried the honey/pb mix that Smuckers makes? That stuff is awesome too!

Down4whatever
11-19-2009, 02:16 PM
Has anyone tried the honey/pb mix that Smuckers makes? That stuff is awesome too!

I'm on my last jar.....too calorie dense. The naturally more has a more desireable profile

BEAST MODE
11-19-2009, 02:18 PM
Well you're dieting too, so the honey is probably not good for you. I enjoy it though!

buckimscl
11-19-2009, 02:46 PM
Checking in big dog!

Bob45
11-19-2009, 03:41 PM
you are on pace to eat 15 meals today.

I can't describe it, just don't want to eat much. Figure at least if I drink whey shakes I am getting protein and lots of water.

I haven't had that feeling in a long time! Hope your feeling strong not eating much.

Baldiewonkanobi
11-19-2009, 04:03 PM
[quote=gman;669111]you are on pace to eat 15 meals today.

NO SHIT

Apparantly I'm eating for two ;).....you and moi.

Chit I was going to split my cole slaw and beef into two more mini meals one at noon and the last at 1. Then a 75 gram whey plus psyllium seed added at 3. Anyway that WAS the plan. Its all in me now :hypno:. Dayum now I must go to the Pollo Loco (Crazy Chicken) and get some chicken breast to go for my 3pm feeding.

I weighed in at 202 nakie this morning (I know you love the scale). I am as lean or better than Pitt and UP 8 pounds now....:yep:

Don't skinny Ectos like me just PISS YOU OFF??

Baldie

gman
11-19-2009, 04:07 PM
=Baldiewonkanobi;669442

Don't skinny Ectos like me just PISS YOU OFF??

Baldie

I have a short answer: I MAY NOT GET TO EAT MUCH, BUT I HAVE GREAT LEGS

TheTransformator
11-19-2009, 04:09 PM
G...Baldie is an old veteran...don't let him do an Arnold on you...age is on your side ;)

Baldiewonkanobi
11-19-2009, 04:15 PM
I have a short answer: I MAY NOT GET TO EAT MUCH, BUT I HAVE GREAT LEGS

I have heard that before...where?? Oh yeah......

Baldie

AnglicanBeachParty
11-19-2009, 04:18 PM
i have heard that before...where?? Oh yeah......

Baldie

lol!

gman
11-19-2009, 07:48 PM
managed to sneak in a 2 hour slumber, and feel a little better. still tired but I will live.

I ate a pouch of garlic and herb tuna before my nap, and just now ate 4 eggs and about 1/4 cup of egg beaters (all that was left in the carton)

1,858 cal
96.9 f
52.3 c
220.8 p

will eat a protein smoothie before bed so will end up in the 2100 range

BEAST MODE
11-19-2009, 07:50 PM
slumber sounds fucking great right now...this shitty weather has wiped me out. glad you're feeling better bro.

gman
11-19-2009, 07:57 PM
slumber sounds fucking great right now...this shitty weather has wiped me out. glad you're feeling better bro.

last night the forecast on weather.com said 70% chance of steady rain here...so far as of 8pm we have had no rain at all...

not feeling great, but plan on nyquilling myself into oblivion later.

BEAST MODE
11-19-2009, 08:03 PM
man it has rained here since sunday night, finally stopped around 10 today. i don't even need nyquil right now...i'm so wiped out from the shit weather and staring at fucking numbers every day this week that i could go to sleep right now and probably not wake up until 8 or 9 tomorrow morning.

freebirdmac
11-19-2009, 08:06 PM
So what's the carb count for Nyquil? :D

blu2xtreme
11-19-2009, 08:38 PM
So what's the carb count for Nyquil? :D

I haven't had a good Nyquil sleep in years ...maybe I feel a cold coming on
Never mind then I would have to rest :no:

gman
11-19-2009, 08:48 PM
I haven't had a good Nyquil sleep in years ...maybe I feel a cold coming on
Never mind then I would have to rest :no:

no nyquil until you train shoulders, then you can get sick and take it!

blu2xtreme
11-19-2009, 08:59 PM
no nyquil until you train shoulders, then you can get sick and take it!

I would be passed out for days ...I never take any meds
I would miss tomorrows arm training ...and tanning

gman
11-19-2009, 09:19 PM
I would be passed out for days ...I never take any meds
I would miss tomorrows arm training ...and tanning

i take as many meds as possible...lol

I won't be tanning for a few more days, need to see if I peel from the whopping 8 minute session I had in the 20 minute bed last Monday.

blu2xtreme
11-19-2009, 10:02 PM
i take as many meds as possible...lol

I won't be tanning for a few more days, need to see if I peel from the whopping 8 minute session I had in the 20 minute bed last Monday.

I used the 12 min max bed last time - for 12 mins

I am gifted at something after all:p

Oldsuperman
11-20-2009, 05:26 AM
MIKIE!!!!!

Just a shout out in the middle of the night. Can't sleep.......zzzzzzzz

Down4whatever
11-20-2009, 11:56 AM
Mike must be sick......:dunno:

blu2xtreme
11-20-2009, 12:01 PM

I think I read in his post a few pages back that he was working out with his Chiro and maybe some pics...or sick:dunno:

gman
11-20-2009, 12:27 PM
MIKIE!!!!!

Just a shout out in the middle of the night. Can't sleep.......zzzzzzzz

you should have taken nyquil....it put me out in 10 minutes! lol

nope not sick, feel fine after the nyquil induced coma

I think I read in his post a few pages back that he was working out with his Chiro and maybe some pics...or sick:dunno:

this ^^^^

gman
11-20-2009, 12:28 PM
the moment you have all been waiting for, progress pics. My chiro was really busy so we didn't get to do all the poses we wanted...damn this shit is tough...I was dying trying to do what he told me

back

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/DSC00493.jpg

gman
11-20-2009, 12:29 PM
front

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/DSC00490.jpg

gman
11-20-2009, 12:29 PM
facing left

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/DSC00492.jpg

gman
11-20-2009, 12:30 PM
facing right

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/DSC00494.jpg

gman
11-20-2009, 12:30 PM
front double bi

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/DSC00495.jpg

gman
11-20-2009, 12:31 PM
side chest

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/DSC00497.jpg

gman
11-20-2009, 12:31 PM
conclusion

I need a lot of tan, practice, and above all, I am so fucking fat still....it made me see how fat I have left to go...time to work even harder.

Legs good, upper body sucks...can't figure out why, but I will take my leg genetics...don't even work them that hard. My upper body I kill and nothing happens

blu2xtreme
11-20-2009, 12:32 PM
How are you feeling today?

Nice legs:drool:
You look good to me;) ...but I don't know shit:dunno:

freebirdmac
11-20-2009, 12:32 PM
Aarrgg! Why do people take picts in front of a brightly lit window??? You face into the light source, not away! Yeesh.

Other than that :) Looking damn lean there kiddo!!!!

gman
11-20-2009, 12:33 PM
if you notice, the light was good in the relaxed poses....he kept having to go see patients...by the time he took the last few...the sun had come up over that side of the building and totally changed the lighting.

gman
11-20-2009, 12:35 PM
just for fun, black and white

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/DSC00495-1.jpg

blu2xtreme
11-20-2009, 12:39 PM
Love the black and white...you have become so artistic ...
don't tell Baldie:p

BEAST MODE
11-20-2009, 12:42 PM
G do you have those pics saved on your PC? Would it be possible to email them to me? I can't see pics that are linked in here for some reason when I'm at work, but I am anxious to see your progress.

gman
11-20-2009, 12:43 PM
Rich, pm email address, I am at home, but can send them with my yahoo account.

Down4whatever
11-20-2009, 01:14 PM
Two thumbs up Mike. I think you know where you need to improve and I know you're working diligently. 15 weeks to go and you're getting it done!

I'll trade you some chest for some of your arms and calves :D :D

Baldiewonkanobi
11-20-2009, 01:16 PM
Legs are sick. (can you share?) Tris are amazing. I see some pec already. Don't like the front double bicep pose he gave you. Overall....:yep:

Baldie

TheTransformator
11-20-2009, 01:22 PM
Damn...wheels of steel...G!

joedemarco
11-20-2009, 01:23 PM
Didn't realize you had such good wheels! Great job...things are coming along nicely.

gman
11-20-2009, 01:43 PM
Legs are sick. (can you share?) Tris are amazing. I see some pec already. Don't like the front double bicep pose he gave you. Overall....:yep:

Baldie

typical leg day

4 sets of squats: 135 185 225 275

4 sets of one leg at a time leg presses

4 sets of plie squats

4 sets of step ups

NO CALF WORK since winter of 2008-09

Here is the other one he took of me...on one of them I did not hold the pose long enough and started relaxing before the camera took the pic...you know how digital cameras make the click and then it's 2 seconds later before the shot? that happened

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/DSC00496.jpg

gman
11-20-2009, 01:45 PM
Damn...wheels of steel...G!

Didn't realize you had such good wheels! Great job...things are coming along nicely.

can't take credit, the Good Lord gave me those wheels.

Baldiewonkanobi
11-20-2009, 01:59 PM
OK grasshopper. Arm pose...See how in both pics your little knuckle is forward to the camera.....thums aimed at your head? Now as you read this do that same pose with either arm...little knuckle forward the same way. Flex that bicep. Now holding that flex and looking at the bicep turn the little knuckle towrds your head. Flex hard and look at the peak.

WHAT JUST HAPPENED??

Baldie

gman
11-20-2009, 02:06 PM
popped a lot higher...amazing isn't it what a little thing like that does...he was trying to get me to turn the hands down so the tops faced forward but it was really hard to do. It does a similar thing.

I was so exhausted trying to do the following. lengthen neck, relax neck, chest up, shoulders down, stomach sucked in (but without breathing much air in because you can't suck in your stomach if you have a lot of air in you, causing you to be very short of air), elbows and fists behind head, heels together, squeeze toes into floor, quads an inch or so apart, and squeeze everything all at once.

The brain just doesn't want to do that many things at once! lol

edit: forgot one other thing, concentrate on spreading lats.

BEAST MODE
11-20-2009, 02:09 PM
Posing isn't easy, that's why we practice!

gman
11-20-2009, 02:11 PM
it's 100x harder than lifting.

that's why a lot of people lift, but very few compete.

BEAST MODE
11-20-2009, 02:15 PM
I agree. Well, that and not a lot of people are willing to stand in front of an audience in their undies.

Baldiewonkanobi
11-20-2009, 02:18 PM
My big cardio is holding poses for a min at a time and going for an hour or more. I feel like I need a defib handy...CLEAR
and that was 12 years ago. Gonna be a hoot at 70.

Baldie

freebirdmac
11-20-2009, 02:27 PM
Don't forget! While you're doing all of that posing you've gotta smile :D

gman
11-20-2009, 02:29 PM
My big cardio is holding poses for a min at a time and going for an hour or more. I feel like I need a defib handy...CLEAR
and that was 12 years ago. Gonna be a hoot at 70.

yes, that should be a real treat.

Baldie

Don't forget! While you're doing all of that posing you've gotta smile :D

yeah, putting that off until I get the rest down...smiling is something I know how to do! lol

Baldiewonkanobi
11-20-2009, 02:32 PM
Funny thing about smiling...I agree...smile your ass off...however, my biggest win I had an angry 'I mean business' look the whole time....see avitar.

Baldie

gman
11-20-2009, 02:35 PM
apparently I think it was Dorian who told the judges it was his work, and who smiles when they work?

I may have the wrong guy, but I heard that it really happened.

BEAST MODE
11-20-2009, 02:39 PM
I never smile when I'm practicing my posing or taking progress shots. I just try to have a look of confidence.

gman
11-20-2009, 02:44 PM
looked at the back view again, had no idea my traps were that big compared to my delts...

freebirdmac
11-20-2009, 02:58 PM
I never smile when I'm practicing my posing or taking progress shots. I just try to have a look of confidence.

I just look like a dork. I hate having to smile on demand.

BEAST MODE
11-20-2009, 03:03 PM
I just look like a dork. I hate having to smile on demand.

That's the exact reason I never smile in pictures. If it's forced, I always look like a nerd.

Asmolenski
11-20-2009, 03:29 PM
it's 100x harder than lifting.

that's why a lot of people lift, but very few compete.

Actually dieting is 100x harder than lifting or posing .... thats the real reason most will never compete. When you get below 10% and your body is fighting like crazy to keep the fat --- that is when you separate the men from the boys.

Posing gets easier when you have lower body fat levels - if you have 4% body fat all you have to do is stand there and you will look amazing. Of course you still have to master the mandatory poses and I would argue that the front relaxed and quarter turns are the most important since those are the ones the head judge will use to break the group into first call etc - which basically determines your ranking.

Time to start hitting the abs - if you build them up more they will start popping out as you get the fat off. Practice bringing the lats out. Maybe its time to buy a couple pair of posing trunks? Oh and as far as smiling goes ... don't force it. If you are standing on stage at 4% fat and look amazing then trust me ... you will be smiling from ear to ear!

Making progress -- Keep up the hard work Mike.

Dr Smo

gman
11-20-2009, 03:33 PM
Thanks, Allen....I have asked a couple of times about posing trunks and what size to order, but no responses yet. Do I just guess that I need 30-32's or 32-34's, or what? The fact that they are so low on your hips makes sizing them a wild ass guess. I am 37 3/4 at the navel and 40 at my hips right now, but wear 34 jeans. How's that for confusing?

Diet is going well, not coming off fast, but coming off a little at a time. Going to keep it up until I get there this time. I am so confident this time.

I cannot explain it, but I look 10x better than those pics....no one has to believe me, but it's what I see that counts right now!

Bob45
11-20-2009, 03:41 PM
Mike, I've been watching you for a long time now. You are really making amazing progress. I bet you will get sore from the posing. I remember I used to.

Asmolenski
11-20-2009, 03:44 PM
Thanks, Allen....I have asked a couple of times about posing trunks and what size to order, but no responses yet. Do I just guess that I need 30-32's or 32-34's, or what? The fact that they are so low on your hips makes sizing them a wild ass guess. I am 37 3/4 at the navel and 40 at my hips right now, but wear 34 jeans. How's that for confusing?

I like the brazil cut offered by Jagware: http://www.jagware-posingsuits.com/

Call the guy up and tell him your measurements and your best guess of where you will end up. He will be able to help you buy the right size. They aren't too expensive. I bought a couple different styles and sizes to see what would fit me the best. I would buy a bigger pair for use now and then order a smaller pair later as you lose more fat...

Dr Smo

Bob45
11-20-2009, 03:47 PM

Diet is going well, not coming off fast, but coming off a little at a time. Going to keep it up until I get there this time. I am so confident this time.

I cannot explain it, but I look 10x better than those pics....no one has to believe me, but it's what I see that counts right now!

I would wait on the trunks. Your waist is going to change a lot by March. Scratch that. The different sizes idea was good.

gman
11-20-2009, 03:50 PM
Mike, I've been watching you for a long time now. You are really making amazing progress. I bet you will get sore from the posing. I remember I used to.

thanks, Bob. I finally have my head totally in the game this time.

I like the brazil cut offered by Jagware: http://www.jagware-posingsuits.com/

Call the guy up and tell him your measurements and your best guess of where you will end up. He will be able to help you buy the right size. They aren't too expensive. I bought a couple different styles and sizes to see what would fit me the best. I would buy a bigger pair for use now and then order a smaller pair later as you lose more fat...

Dr Smo

wow, I thought the brazil cut were pretty revealing until I saw the others! yowza! Flex cut, not much there!

Still have trouble picturing myself with those on. Have to get used to the idea!

Asmolenski
11-20-2009, 03:53 PM
Here are the sizes that Jagware recommends based on body weight:

POSING SUIT SIZES
MEN'S
110-135 lbs. SMALL
136-165 lbs MED/SMALL
166-210 lbs. MEDIUM
211-250 lbs. LARGE
251-285 lbs. XLARGE

Just go ahead and buy a pair of Mediums now - you are below 210 and will never get below 166 right? These stretch quite a bit so you should be fine. They only run $28 plus shipping...

Dr Smo

Asmolenski
11-20-2009, 03:56 PM
wow, I thought the brazil cut were pretty revealing until I saw the others! yowza! Flex cut, not much there!

Still have trouble picturing myself with those on. Have to get used to the idea!

Your wife will like them :yep:

Dr Smo

gman
11-20-2009, 03:57 PM
amazing that they would go that wide of a range in weight, but it makes it easy to shop!

I may have some coming from an unnamed sponsor too...

gman
11-20-2009, 03:57 PM
Your wife will like them :yep:

Dr Smo

not right now she wouldn't! maybe 15 lbs from now!:p

gman
11-20-2009, 04:00 PM
gonna suck it up and go tan in a minute. just going to tell them 5-6 minutes instead of 8. still can't believe I got burned after 8 minutes in a 20 minute booth. Irish/English skin is way too fair.

Asmolenski
11-20-2009, 04:39 PM
gonna suck it up and go tan in a minute. just going to tell them 5-6 minutes instead of 8. still can't believe I got burned after 8 minutes in a 20 minute booth. Irish/English skin is way too fair.

Stop all these negative thoughts Mike - it's self defeating! Rome wasn't built in one day etcetera....

Dr Smo

Baldiewonkanobi
11-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Actually dieting is 100x harder than lifting or posing .... thats the real reason most will never compete. When you get below 10% and your body is fighting like crazy to keep the fat --- that is when you separate the men from the boys.

Posing gets easier when you have lower body fat levels - if you have 4% body fat all you have to do is stand there and you will look amazing. Of course you still have to master the mandatory poses and I would argue that the front relaxed and quarter turns are the most important since those are the ones the head judge will use to break the group into first call etc - which basically determines your ranking.

Time to start hitting the abs - if you build them up more they will start popping out as you get the fat off. Practice bringing the lats out. Maybe its time to buy a couple pair of posing trunks? Oh and as far as smiling goes ... don't force it. If you are standing on stage at 4% fat and look amazing then trust me ... you will be smiling from ear to ear!

Making progress -- Keep up the hard work Mike.

Dr Smo

BUMP
Whats up Doc?

Baldie

gman
11-20-2009, 05:03 PM
Stop all these negative thoughts Mike - it's self defeating! Rome wasn't built in one day etcetera....

Dr Smo

negative thoughts...positive thoughts wouldn't have kept me from burning! lol

they put me in a "turbo bed" today, whatever the hell that means! she said it was an easier bed. I went for 5 this time.

I will know in about 3 hours whether it was too much again.

On the POSITIVE side, I do know my skin will grow back if it peels...:p

gman
11-20-2009, 05:15 PM
good thing I decided to go see chiro today...he had an extra ticket to the Don Henley concert, so I will be going with him in about an hour and a half.

BEAST MODE
11-20-2009, 05:20 PM
Awesome, have fun G! Give the groupies something to stare at besides Don Henley.

gman
11-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Awesome, have fun G! Give the groupies something to stare at besides Don Henley.

I am supposed to wear club casual...you have any idea what that is?

lol I don't get out much.

BEAST MODE
11-20-2009, 05:30 PM
Like jeans and a button-down shirt maybe? I don't know wtf "club casual" is, but if you can't get in w/ jeans and a nice shirt, it's not worth going anyway.

gman
11-20-2009, 05:33 PM
oh, I am sure jeans and a t is fine...just wanted to dress similar to my host...we are going out to eat afterward too.

BEAST MODE
11-20-2009, 05:34 PM
Might as well rock a polo and turn the sexy up a notch for the ladies.

gman
11-20-2009, 05:37 PM
10 more lbs and I would wear a skin tight underarmour

right now, I will go for something semi tight to show off my massive biceps. (16 1/4)

BEAST MODE
11-20-2009, 05:40 PM
Speaking of wardrobe...I gotta figure out what the hell I'm wearing on this date tomorrow...I haven't busted out any winter clothes yet. Not sure what I have.

blu2xtreme
11-20-2009, 05:44 PM
10 more lbs and I would wear a skin tight underarmour

right now, I will go for something semi tight to show off my massive biceps. (16 1/4)

Does that mean underarmour for Columbus....

we will be seeing all of you anyway :p;)

gman
11-20-2009, 05:47 PM
Speaking of wardrobe...I gotta figure out what the hell I'm wearing on this date tomorrow...I haven't busted out any winter clothes yet. Not sure what I have.

better look now in case you have to go shopping

Does that mean underarmour for Columbus....

we will be seeing all of you anyway :p;)

underamour yeah, no doubt about it..always wanted to be lean enough to wear it and look good doing it.

about that seeing all of me....can't be helped with those brazil cut trunks allen wants me to get!

BEAST MODE
11-20-2009, 05:48 PM
better look now in case you have to go shopping

underamour yeah, no doubt about it..always wanted to be lean enough to wear it and look good doing it.

about that seeing all of me....can't be helped with those brazil cut trunks allen wants me to get!

Dude, no way I'm going shopping. I'll just have to create something if there's no other options.

blu2xtreme
11-20-2009, 05:52 PM
Dude, no way I'm going shopping. I'll just have to create something if there's no other options.

Your a good loooking guy ...if you wear jeans and a t-shirt ...your look good ;)

I miss dating ...to be young again

BEAST MODE
11-20-2009, 05:54 PM
Your a good loooking guy ...if you wear jeans and a t-shirt ...your look good ;)

I miss dating ...to be young again

Oh well thank you. It's going to be like mid-50s here this weekend though, and anything under 65 is freezing to me...so she'll have to accept me w/ long sleeves.

Gerb
11-20-2009, 07:10 PM
Mike,

Looking great in the progress shots. Back looks real thick (of course as you are a NBP:yep:), and traps and triceps looking good too. Your legs, man, I am jealous:hypno:, great wheels. Really great wheels! Keep hard at the dieting and the waist line will come in. Are you taking in fat burners that target stuborn fat? there is no magic pill but every little bit helps. On your front dbl, it would look way better if you pose better. Gotta work on that one. You aren't flaring your lats and you arms need to shape the pose better, you are like a goal post:p. Gotta loosen up a little and smile! Overall man, I am very impressed, looking great. Keep at it man, you are making amazing progress. next posting we want to see a wash board buddy:yep:!

Steve

fitbody
11-20-2009, 08:13 PM
conclusion

I need a lot of tan, practice, and above all, I am so fucking fat still....it made me see how fat I have left to go...time to work even harder.

Legs good, upper body sucks...can't figure out why, but I will take my leg genetics...don't even work them that hard. My upper body I kill and nothing happens

STOP FUCKIN' SAYING YOUR FAT !!!!!!!!!!
YOU ARE NOT FAT
YOU HAVE BODY DYSMORPHIA
YOU HAVE TO KNOCK THAT OFF :mad:

fitbody
11-20-2009, 08:15 PM
front double bi

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/DSC00495.jpg

DROP your shoulders
bring your elbows a bit more forward
bend ur knees a bit

in front double bis

fitbody
11-20-2009, 08:17 PM
the moment you have all been waiting for, progress pics. My chiro was really busy so we didn't get to do all the poses we wanted...damn this shit is tough...I was dying trying to do what he told me

back

bring your hands in closer to your body
clench fists
pull elbows slightly forward
point toes out slightly
bend knees a bit

blu2xtreme
STOP FUCKIN' SAYING YOUR FAT !!!!!!!!!!
YOU ARE NOT FAT
YOU HAVE BODY DYSMORPHIA
YOU HAVE TO KNOCK THAT OFF :mad:

I told him the same thing just nicer:)

We both have issues...that's why we get along so well :yep:

fitbody
facing right

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/DSC00494.jpg

lookin good Gman keep up the great work :)

Asmolenski
11-20-2009, 09:19 PM
Good to see you here Baldie! I've been pretty busy but I check up on Mike over here once in a while to help keep him honest :-)

Dr Smo

blu2xtreme
11-20-2009, 11:36 PM
Hope you had a great time at the concert ...
did he sing Boys of summer? love that song:)

Missed you and Bucki tonight :(

buckimscl
11-21-2009, 07:53 AM
Nice work Gman. Good quad lines!

blu2xtreme
11-21-2009, 11:17 AM
Nice work Gman. Good quad lines!

Morning Mike... :hmn:

Love great quads...shoulders ...bi's pretty much love every muscle ;)
you are looking good :)

You must of been out pretty late and hitting the cardio this morning

This is the longest your thread has been silent so I helped wake it up a little ...it's what I do:p

Bacon Boy
11-21-2009, 11:27 AM

back

front

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/DSC00490.jpg

THUMB RULE, THUMB RULE, THUMB RULE, hands should never be further out than your thumbs distance away from the hips, closed hands makes you look more powerful, keeping the hand at parallel or a little more forward than that will bring the taper out and squeeze the arms tight! Feet are positioned old school and make your quads look huge which is perfect!

Bacon Boy
11-21-2009, 11:30 AM
DROP your shoulders
bring your elbows a bit more forward
bend ur knees a bit

in front double bis

I agree I like to spike a leg forward too just to be a lil different and give it a lil shake as bring the arms up, when your on stage dont forget to smile, I know it stupid, but I started practicing to smile while on stage, that way it became habit so if I was tired I would still do it...

gman
11-21-2009, 11:58 AM
I appreciate everyone's great advice...thanks for taking the time to help

On the bending knees on the front double bi....it keeps the quads from showing as much when I bend the knees. Locking the knees seems to make the muscle flex more...must not be flexing correctly.

Will incorporate the above stuff into my practice...also got my package from fitbody with instructions on posing!

Blu, thanks for waking up my thread.

I went to bed at 2:30 am, got up at 7:30am...took daughter to swim practice and did 45 minutes of cardio at 134 bpm or so while she practiced.

Baldiewonkanobi
11-21-2009, 12:33 PM
Swim practise mornings...how I remember them. Daughter's swim club had an outdoor 50m pool. I sat in the stands all bundled up alone with my Coors, Marlboros, and doobie. Pre Baldie as you know him days. Then half in the bag I would drop her off home and head straight (I was not straight) to work.

She ended up coaching a high school State Championship team. I ended up................................................ ...................................here, sober. :yep:

Baldie

gman
11-21-2009, 12:33 PM
I had the weirdest thing happen last night...and I know it happened for real because aftewards I went to the bathroom since I was up.

I have no idea if I was dreaming at the time, but I was sleeping on the couch because I am coughing pretty bad and didn't want to wake up my wife. All I remember is: I bolted from a sound sleep into a fully standing position in a paniced state...there was a yellowish cloud about eye level in front of me and I started hitting it with both hands, and it went away.

I don't normally believe in paranormal stuff, but this had me freaked for a while. My heart was racing for about 20 minutes.

Have no idea if I imagined it all or not.

gman
11-21-2009, 12:34 PM
Swim practise mornings...how I remember them. Daughter's swim club had an outdoor 50m pool. I sat in the stands all bundled up alone with my Coors, Marlboros, and doobie. Pre Baldie as you know him days. Then half in the bag I would drop her off home and head straight (I was not straight) to work.

She ended up coaching a high school State Championship team. I ended up................................................ ...................................here, sober. :yep:

Baldie

It all ended up for the better...good story Baldie.

Baldiewonkanobi
11-21-2009, 12:35 PM
Relax...its called a Ketonic plasma burst.

Baldie

gman
11-21-2009, 12:44 PM
Relax...its called a Ketonic plasma burst.

Baldie

I should have embraced it then instead of fighting it! I need all the plasma I can get!

gman
11-21-2009, 12:58 PM
good news...no burn from the "turbo booth" lol

5 minutes was ok. will do 5 or 6 next time to be safe.

Bob45
11-21-2009, 01:09 PM
On the bending knees on the front double bi....it keeps the quads from showing as much when I bend the knees. Locking the knees seems to make the muscle flex more...must not be flexing correctly.

It's been a real long time for me but I believe if you put some pressure on the front of your feet then you can flex by trying to turn your feet outward but not actually moving them. Maybe it makes no sense the way I explain it but I know what I mean, hahaha.

buckimscl
11-21-2009, 01:12 PM
I gotta defur and start tanning. Gman is way ahead of me!!!

gman
11-21-2009, 01:19 PM
It's been a real long time for me but I believe if you put some pressure on the front of your feet then you can flex by trying to turn your feet outward but not actually moving them. Maybe it makes no sense the way I explain it but I know what I mean, hahaha.

makes sense, will experiment around and see how I can bend my knees and still have the quads look good

get on it, buck, I have confidence you have good closing speed.

blu2xtreme
11-21-2009, 01:25 PM

Remember ...we don't call it defurring it ruins the sexiness of it :hypno::p

Mike is kicking ass :yep:

buckimscl
11-21-2009, 01:31 PM
makes sense, will experiment around and see how I can bend my knees and still have the quads look good

get on it, buck, I have confidence you have good closing speed.

I hope I do. Starting to see lines around my obliques....nothing real defined but i'll take anything. That's at 245 :)

Remember ...we don't call it defurring it ruins the sexiness of it :hypno::p

Mike is kicking ass :yep:

That's Mike's term. HAHA. I know he is!

Down4whatever
11-21-2009, 01:32 PM
I'm actually proud of all of us! Why is BDD being so quiet? Is he gonna sneak up on us?

buckimscl
11-21-2009, 01:35 PM
I'm actually proud of all of us! Why is BDD being so quiet? Is he gonna sneak up on us?
He said the other day that he will be there but is not posting on RX???? Not sure what's happening but that's what he said.

freebirdmac
11-21-2009, 02:35 PM
I had the weirdest thing happen last night...and I know it happened for real because aftewards I went to the bathroom since I was up.

I have no idea if I was dreaming at the time, but I was sleeping on the couch because I am coughing pretty bad and didn't want to wake up my wife. All I remember is: I bolted from a sound sleep into a fully standing position in a paniced state...there was a yellowish cloud about eye level in front of me and I started hitting it with both hands, and it went away.

I don't normally believe in paranormal stuff, but this had me freaked for a while. My heart was racing for about 20 minutes.

Have no idea if I imagined it all or not.

Hmmm, yellow cloud huh. I usually see a huge spider :D

Glad the tanning went well this time! Getting some color will make a big difference.

gman
11-21-2009, 03:10 PM
He said the other day that he will be there but is not posting on RX???? Not sure what's happening but that's what he said.

he's doing ok, just not posting much.

Hmmm, yellow cloud huh. I usually see a huge spider :D

Glad the tanning went well this time! Getting some color will make a big difference.

weird ass dream....or was it real?

so I guess I need to keep going and asking for the "turbo bed" ????

gman
11-21-2009, 03:12 PM
today's food so far, 3 meals as of 3:00 pm

2 scoops of whey, 2tbsp pb
2 eggs and cup of egg whites with 2tbsp of parmesan
1 cup of egg whites on low carb tortilla with some shredded cheddar.

trying to venture out a little...I think I am doing ok, didn't put it into fitday yet

I was hungry as hell today after my cardio.

weighed 202.4 on my scale today but I think I was dehydrated, did not get enough water yesterday.

MsGuns
11-21-2009, 03:16 PM
Nice progress Mike!
hey, if you can workout you can do that Xtreme challenge.

bigdaddyd
11-21-2009, 03:18 PM

No sneak attack guys. I am still here.

As I told Mike the other day, I am training my ass off and Eating right. I have more muscle on me than I ever have with an inch OFF my gut. I am not where i should be, but I have a game plan for that. i'm not worried

But you should be.:angry: