PDA

View Full Version : watching older matches...

~gymdiva~
10-13-2009, 11:56 AM
so I'm house/dogsitting for my best friend and decided to take two of my wrestling dvd's with me...I popped in HBK, From The Vault, and am watching the 2002 Summer Slam match b/w HBK and HHH...while true, it's no HBK/Taker from WM 25 but it's a pretty decent match...it's a good one to lay out textbook examples of heat, pops, holds, etc...

are there matches you like to watch that just have to be seen again and again?

Cressler
10-14-2009, 02:55 AM
The thriple threat match between HHH, The Rock and Kurt Angle.

TheCutMan
10-14-2009, 03:34 AM
What a coincidence gymdiva. I watched the 2002 Summerslam yesterday. HBK vs HHH was definitely a decent match.

@Cressler: You mean the 3-way at Summerslam 2000 where Angle suffers a concussion? Another great match.

I like a lot of the Stone Cold matches from the Attitude Era. All his matches vs Rocky - especially the one at Backlash 99, vs Taker & Kane at IYH Judgment Day, vs Vince at IYH St. Valentine's Massacre, his rumble victories or his title wins at Raw from 98 vs Kane and 99 vs Taker. Love to watch that stuff over and over.

A few other matches I like to watch from time to time:
- Chris Benoit's title win at WM XX
- Eddie Guerrero vs Rey Rey at the Halloween Havoc 96
- Bret Hart vs Davey Boy at Summerslam 92
...and lots of other stuff

~gymdiva~
10-14-2009, 12:48 PM
I also enjoyed the Taker/Rock match from King of the Ring 99...why? b/c that was my first live wwe show ever :) and I was thinking how I remember virtually nothing from that match except: the promo they cut as Sunday Night Heat went off the air and the Rock's bull went up in flames, the Rock having a great ass, and Taker winning...so as I watched it yesterday I realized why I don't remember much: almost the entire match takes place outside of the ring in places I couldn't see from my seat...I do remember the following match with Stone Cold vs Shane and Vince...that was a funny match...I need to find that one...

Cressler
10-14-2009, 03:21 PM
What a coincidence gymdiva. I watched the 2002 Summerslam yesterday. HBK vs HHH was definitely a decent match.

@Cressler: You mean the 3-way at Summerslam 2000 where Angle suffers a concussion? Another great match.

I like a lot of the Stone Cold matches from the Attitude Era. All his matches vs Rocky - especially the one at Backlash 99, vs Taker & Kane at IYH Judgment Day, vs Vince at IYH St. Valentine's Massacre, his rumble victories or his title wins at Raw from 98 vs Kane and 99 vs Taker. Love to watch that stuff over and over.

A few other matches I like to watch from time to time:
- Chris Benoit's title win at WM XX
- Eddie Guerrero vs Rey Rey at the Halloween Havoc 96
- Bret Hart vs Davey Boy at Summerslam 92
...and lots of other stuff yes , where Triple H accidentaly knocked out Stephanie

fatbackgoal
10-14-2009, 04:27 PM
Right after you posted this I pulled up some old Ric Flair stuff on youtube. I must have watched 5 interviews that were just electric. Watched a couple of matches between he and Steamboat. Man I wish they could bring those days back.

~gymdiva~
10-14-2009, 07:31 PM
oh man I have his dvd that they put out a few years ago...too funny b/c I bought it and a season of Sex and the City with a gift cert and the clerk looked at me funny and was like, wow, I've never seen a chick buy a wrestling dvd...yes well, welcome to me :D

Cressler
11-13-2009, 09:22 AM
1991 Ultimate Warrior vs Undertaker

Cressler
11-16-2009, 05:04 PM
Mind games 1996 Foley vs HBK great match
2000 the street fight HHH and cactus Jack IMO that was the best street fight

Big J1
11-16-2009, 08:05 PM
1971 Bruno Sammartino vs Ivan Koloff.....home video....i was 15

Chmbrspns3
11-16-2009, 09:20 PM
Wrestlemania II - The British Bulldogs vs. The Dream Team
Terry Funk vs. Sabu barbed wire match
and any matches with the Four Horseman, Road Warriors, or Steiner Brothers

Marduk The UnREPable
11-27-2009, 04:09 PM
I got some

Chris Benoit vs Hitman . Tribute to Owen Heart.

Goldberg vs Nash at starcade

Sting vs Hollywood Hogan , starcade also

Undertaker vs Mankind , hell in a cell

Benoit vs Michaels vs hhh , wrestlemania

Elimination Chamber summerslam 03 ...Goldberg vs HHH vs Michaels vs Jericho vs Nash vs Orton.

Angle vs Lesnar at wrestlemania

Hitman vs British bulldog. summerslam

Rock vs Hogan , wrestlemania

There are many more , i'll try to remember.