PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about Pork Rinds on the keto diet?

ROTFLMAO
10-15-2009, 07:32 PM
Calories in Original Pork Rinds

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1/2 oz (14.0 g)

Amount Per Serving
Calories 80Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5.0g8%
Saturated Fat 2.0g10%
Cholesterol 20mg7%
Sodium 270mg11%
Protein 9.0g

* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

Has anyone ever used pork rinds on the keto diet?

costa
10-16-2009, 06:51 AM
i tried some the other day for the first time, only had 2 they were really good.
i think if your serious about your diet pork rinds should probably not be on it.

just my opinion

DAVIDHARDY
10-16-2009, 02:02 PM
In moderation yes, but just pigging out, no. Remember that if you are dieting for fat loss, then any added calories are not what you want.

ROTFLMAO
10-16-2009, 05:50 PM
I just never pick up a bag before and when I read the back of the lable I was LIKE WHAT!

DAVIDHARDY
10-16-2009, 08:01 PM
I just never pick up a bag before and when I read the back of the lable I was LIKE WHAT!

The protein is said to be useless, and there have also been arguments that say it is useful. I think that it is destroyed during cooking in the hot temp grease, so I personally think it's useless. Calories are still there, but it won't do anything for gains IMO. Others will argue for its effectiveness since it is from collagen.

B7emm
10-16-2009, 08:16 PM
frosty started a good thread on this very subject a wile back i will look it up for links.

Gerb
10-17-2009, 01:02 AM
Calories in Original Pork Rinds

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1/2 oz (14.0 g)

Amount Per Serving
Calories 80Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5.0g8%
Saturated Fat 2.0g10%
Cholesterol 20mg7%
Sodium 270mg11%
Protein 9.0g

* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

Has anyone ever used pork rinds on the keto diet?

My experience. I have used a keto diet during a couple cuts. Each time I used the Body Opus diet which requires extreme fat. The first two days you eat about 70f/25p/5c (the 5% carbs is all trace and you strive for 0%) after the first two days you can can drop to 60/35/5 but you still keep fat very high. The pork rinds where an absolute life saver on that diet. Without having pure fat (and drinking oil aint happening with my stomach) it is actually very difficult to get the macros up that high in fat as trace protein and carbs keep the fats in the 50% range if you aren't really focusing on it. It worked for me. Two thumbs up for pork rinds.

thesamewords
10-17-2009, 09:58 PM
dude I ate pork rinds almost everyday on keto, including cueritos and chicharrones. I have never had a problem with them and so far I have lost 100 pounds and still have no problems with them. Sometimes I feel people get a little too technical on the skins man! You will do just fine with them IMO, just watch out for the flavored ones because sometimes they have sugar in the seasoning!!!

ROTFLMAO
10-17-2009, 10:13 PM
What is the difference between these two cueritos and chicharrones?

Frosty
10-18-2009, 05:08 PM
What is the difference between these two cueritos and chicharrones?

Chicharrones are just pork rinds. It's the Spanish name for them. Cueritos is more like sliced up crispy fat from when you make a pork roast with the big hunk of fat on it.

Abraxas
11-09-2009, 04:09 PM
(copy pasted from a old post on another board)

Pork rinds are made of the same stuff that we complain about in our protein bars, namely, that hydrolized protein crap that is usually collagen. Pork rinds are not a significant source of protein because they lack one of the essential amino acids (read: the aminos our body does not produce itself) L-Tryptophan. For bodybuilding, pork rinds are essentially useless.

Now, for Keto diets, they are a godsend. No carbs, moderate fat, and the crunchy sensation most keto dieters crave. Also, they are affordable. Don't go crazy with them because they really aren't spectacular for your system in large quantities, but they are a nice substitute.

Bekim Rizvani
11-10-2009, 02:39 AM
Its Pig skin, i would have to say no never ever even on a cheat day

thesamewords
11-10-2009, 03:50 AM
Chicharrones are just pork rinds. It's the Spanish name for them. Cueritos is more like sliced up crispy fat from when you make a pork roast with the big hunk of fat on it.
I dissagree^.... Cueritos are pickled I eat them all the time when i go to pick up my boneless thighs. But then again it could be one name for a dozen things...
http://elaltenofoods.net/images/cueritos.gif