PDA

View Full Version : Training for Team U '10 starts now!

mo.
10-15-2009, 10:27 PM
I have changed my journal location from the Species section to here, as this seems the more appropriate place.

It has been almost a month since Team Universe and a lot has happened, but I think I can honestly say that I have my life in order once again. FINALLY! I have been busier than ever, getting my life back in order; family, work, marriage, kids' activities, etc. My goals are once again set and my serious training begins today! I know what needs to be improved and I will try my hardest to do what I can to make the necessary changes.

I am really enjoying the extra time with my children, and they are enjoying having a carb loaded Mom again. I get pretty wicked the last couple weeks of training! My family was so great through it all.
I was unsure at first, which I'd be more excited about: no more 3 hours of cardio or being able to eat carbs! I think the food won! It turns out that I actually missed the cardio! Not 3 hours a day, but just a bit of it. I have continued to wake up early and head out to the gym at 5am to get in 45 minutes before starting my day. I have found that this is my best thinking time. I get my whole day planned and check out the news. It sounds simple, but it is the most peaceful time of my day. The rest of my day is so chaotic!

I have decreased my weights for the time being. I am still getting my body healed from all of the wear and tear of the last 5 months. It seems that I tune out all aches and pains while I am training, but as soon as I am done it comes 10 fold. After my contest last year, I continued to go hard and wound up injuring myself. I will not allow that to happen again this year. I am enjoying the gym now, whereas right before my contest I was beginning to feel the obligation to go. It felt like work sometimes. I am once again excited to train and although not going as heavy, the slow, deliberate training gives me a great workout. My hip is extremely tender, my shoulder is a bit sore and I have a recurring injury in the ball of my foot that is acting up again. Nothing I can't get through, though.

I will begin training with Steve again next month, to continue my quest to build bigger legs. While I saw great gains from last year, they still need some work, especially in the lower quad and in the hamstrings.

bndniron4evrgal
10-16-2009, 12:05 AM
congrats!! nice shoulders too! and i will be following along too.

MsGuns
10-16-2009, 12:16 AM
Sweet! You know Ill be following my fellow teacher and natty!

mo.
10-20-2009, 10:01 PM
I am feeling as strong as ever. It’s amazing what a little carbs will do after depriving myself of them for so long. I continue to stay close to my diet during the week, with the exception of oatmeal at breakfast and sweet potato with lunch. On the weekends I will eat with the family and ‘enjoy’ my food a little bit. When I do not stay ‘clean’ my body still rejects it. I feel tired and awful after consuming sugary foods so I have try to stay away.
My workout is as follows:
Monday-Friday 30-45 minutes low intensity cardio in the am before work.
I have had so many meetings after work that I do not have day specified training, but am weight training 5 days a week:
Day 1- chest and bis, Day 2- Legs, Day 3- back and tris, Day 4- legs, Day 5- shoulders & abs
I will continue working with my trainer once a week on legs. I was really pleased with the growth from last year to this year, so I am continuing with his program. We alternate each week (quads & hamstrings) going super heavy. On the second leg day I do the opposing muscle on my own. I am also considering adding another day with him to work on my lats.
While life has gone back to ‘normal’ I am still picking up the pieces and trying my best to support my childrens’ extra curricular activities. It is very important for me to be involved and to help the organizations they are involved with. I am currently spending a considerable amount of time fund raising for the boys’ football organization. With the economy being as bad as it is, the organization is struggling to stay on budget. Sports were so important to me throughout my childhood and my father was always involved.
My daughter has gone back to gymnastics after taking a year and a half off. She was 5th in the state only 2 years ago, but after growing 3 inches in one season could not move, twist and turn her body the way she had. Growing that much in such a short period of time effected her performance and therefore was discouraging to her. She has expressed an interest in fitness competitions and wants to try to train for the teen, masters nationals next year. It gives me goose bumps thinking about it, but I want it to be her decision. I told her that I would guide her in her efforts if she chooses to do so.
My 9 year old son is having one heck of a football season! While he has always loved being quarterback, and excels at it, his love this season is defense. This past week he had a beautiful interception and ran it back for a touchdown. He plays sports with the same intensity as I train! I am amazed at his work ethic and dedication at such a young age. His team is the only undefeated team in the league!
My little guy is also playing football. The smallest on his team, yet the noseguard! LOL! Just as enjoyable to watch, but in a comical kind of way. He tries so hard, but you can usually tell where he is because after every play he can be found on his back. Bless his heart! He loves it though, and that is all that matters http://blog.bodybuilding.com/smilies/icon_smile.gif

mo.
10-20-2009, 10:02 PM
Sweet! You know Ill be following my fellow teacher and natty!

YES!!! Hope all is well with you.... your time is coming close!!! I'll be watching ;)

mo.
10-21-2009, 09:39 PM
My youngest son was so happy today when my pics from my photo shoot with Dan Ray came. Before I left for NY for Team U he gave me a green lego for good luck and he told me to make sure I had it on me all times. During my shoot I asked Dan if he would mind taking a pic of me with the lego and he was happy to do so. I think it is so funny!

My other son ruined my chances of weight training today! UGH! He decided to tell me this morning that he had to read 9 books by next week and he had only read 3! Needless to say, we read for 5 1/2 hours straight after school today..... I think he has learned his lesson! And so surprising because he is my responsible one! Only 3 more books to go!

SallyAnne
10-21-2009, 09:45 PM
LOVE the pictures! Dan did a nice job highlighting the green lego. lol

figure_22
10-26-2009, 07:55 PM
Congrats to you for having your kiddos in sports!! I am always amazed when I go to shows and see mothers competing with out of shape children in the audience. This goes for fathers who compete as well. Maybe it starts with food issues at home?? I am shocked how many parents who compete give their children fast food for meals every other day. Just seems as* backwards. I know it sucks to be cooking so much but really people?

Also, kudos for putting your children first with the reading, great mom!! Hopefully he did learn his lesson and you don't have to miss a workout due to procrastination again. :)