PDA

View Full Version : The Worst Thing You've done High

Sistersteel
02-26-2009, 01:47 AM
Not that anything about this is funny, but I thought we could add some humor to the forum by posting some of the most messed up things we've done while under the influence.

I had just come off a heroin binge and decided I needed to get my shit together (one of the many times I had thought just that). So I decided what better way to do something useful than to ....

TRAIN LEGS!!

lol

So I went to the gym and was training with Lyndsey Mullinazi that day (for those of you who remember her), and felt like I was going to DIE under the bar. Needless to say, when I was done, I went right to my car where I had my stash and took a hit to ease the misery I was feeling. Heroin. Great Post workout!

I got behind the wheel and thought I was ok. I noticed though that I was nodding off which was unusual for me after one hit. For some reason, hitting that shit after training legs got me nodding like a motherf*cker almost immediatelty.

I remember I got stuck in traffic on my way home. But when I got to the house I was missing THE ENTIRE FRONT OF THE CAR. Nothing there but the engine. Grill, Lights, Hood, windshield...gone. Brand new Honda totaled and not a scratch on me.

I have no idea, to this day, how or where the fuck I totalled my car that afternoon.

Sistersteel
02-26-2009, 01:52 AM
Well maybe that's not the worst thing that I've done. The worst thing got me locked up. So I will save that for later. lol

47ronin
02-26-2009, 01:59 AM
Having paramedics wake me up because I passed out in my truck in the middle of a 3 lane road. It was around 11pm and I wasn't even close to an intersection. You would think that I learned my lesson from that experience but it took me passing out in my vehicle a few more times before I stopped driving so f'd up. I hope there wasn't any blood on the front of your car.

Sistersteel
02-26-2009, 02:08 AM
Having paramedics wake me up because I passed out in my truck in the middle of a 3 lane road. It was around 11pm and I wasn't even close to an intersection. You would think that I learned my lesson from that experience but it took me passing out in my vehicle a few more times before I stopped driving so f'd up. I hope there wasn't any blood on the front of your car.

That was the first thought to came to my mind. There was no blood. I covered my ass by calling the police and made up this really messed up story that the jackass bought in a heartbeat. I was a very good liar back then though. I am glad you are still around to tell us your story too.

SonOfPluto
02-26-2009, 04:11 AM
Years ago, I was stoned out on 1,4 butanediol, I went to take a drink of my water, but forget that I had filled it with urine. I ended up brushing my teeth.

corrie79
02-26-2009, 07:23 AM
Trained clients. Being a personal trainer on heroin or coke isn't a good idea. Nothing bad ever happened to my clients thank the good Lord but I got lucky with that. My co-worker wasn't as lucky and a few times his clients got injured cuz he was high. He was funny as shit when he was high so I think that's why no one ever intervened in his life, he amused us all, but looking back now we all should have done something.

GirlyMuscle
02-26-2009, 07:47 AM
I've heard that gym employees are notorious for being stoners. Held true in the case of the one and only gym I worked in.

I tried to train high once...just a couple of hits of pot. No strength and a shitty workout. I will say that I had amazing mind/muscle connection. Wouldn't do it again.

fitbody
02-26-2009, 08:16 AM
ha ha thatz a funny topic
cuz i could write not only a book
but a few volumes on that topic
i got clean oct 1996
and never went back
crack, alcohol, pot, speed, designer drugs all my poison

Sistersteel
02-26-2009, 10:25 AM
haha this is great! GirlyMuscle I feel ya on the pot. I can't train for shit on pot. Funny thing is all Oly lifters on my team and my coach included get high before we train, they seem to train great on pot. To each their own I guess.

I am really happy to see more ladies in here. Thanks for dropping by girls.
Can't wait to hear more stories. Urine mouthwash was epic there SOP lol!

DaveV
02-26-2009, 10:31 AM
I was at some old guy's house and was smoking weed with his friend. It was really strong stuff and I was standing up and then I passed out and fell backwards... smashing his entertainment shelf. That was pretty embarassing but didn't stop me from ever smoking again.

Sistersteel
02-26-2009, 10:53 AM
I was at some old guy's house and was smoking weed with his friend. It was really strong stuff and I was standing up and then I passed out and fell backwards... smashing his entertainment shelf. That was pretty embarassing but didn't stop me from ever smoking again.

haha I wish our f*ups stopped us from doing that shit again. That would be an easy solution.

47ronin
02-26-2009, 11:26 AM
I had a friend who would take ketamine before he worked out, I never understood why he did it.

DaveV
02-26-2009, 11:40 AM
haha I wish our f*ups stopped us from doing that shit again. That would be an easy solution.

It was just weed and I hadn't eaten much that day. I was also thirsty as hell when I smoking. Combine that all together with strong pot and it was bound to happen.

I've only smoked one time since and it was just a regular high. Same pot too.

mr.genetics
02-26-2009, 11:43 AM
I don't have anything quite as elaborate as heroine or crack, but I was in a car with my buddies when I was a teenager and we were driving out in a rural area eating mushrooms. Well I guess we were all over the road or something because we got pulled over and we were all fucked. For anyone who has seen the movie Super Troopers, I was that guy who ate the weed in the back. This police woman had a fucking wolf face and I was tripping balls and it was all my friends could do to try and calm me down and stop me from yelling or saying anything. It was a fucked up experience at the time for me, but funny when I look back at it. I was blazed at my buddies house when I was 16,17 and we were cooking pizza. He sent me up to get it out of the oven and when I did, I totally forgot oven mits. I picked the fucking burning hot pizza pan out of the oven and because the thing smelled so good, I couldn't drop it haha. I screamed the whole time and they knew exactly what happened and laughed their asses off at me for a good week.

Sistersteel
02-26-2009, 03:58 PM
I don't have anything quite as elaborate as heroine or crack, but I was in a car with my buddies when I was a teenager and we were driving out in a rural area eating mushrooms. Well I guess we were all over the road or something because we got pulled over and we were all fucked. For anyone who has seen the movie Super Troopers, I was that guy who ate the weed in the back. This police woman had a fucking wolf face and I was tripping balls and it was all my friends could do to try and calm me down and stop me from yelling or saying anything. It was a fucked up experience at the time for me, but funny when I look back at it. I was blazed at my buddies house when I was 16,17 and we were cooking pizza. He sent me up to get it out of the oven and when I did, I totally forgot oven mits. I picked the fucking burning hot pizza pan out of the oven and because the thing smelled so good, I couldn't drop it haha. I screamed the whole time and they knew exactly what happened and laughed their asses off at me for a good week.

That was probably the smell of your own flesh cooking. lol

mr.genetics
02-27-2009, 06:35 PM
Nah this was the best looking/smelling pizza I had seen to date at the time. I don't know where his mom got these pizzas, but they were these thin crust masterpieces and we would blaze and eat at least 2 a day haha.

bigmikecox
03-10-2009, 09:15 PM
I did a rail of blow BEFORE I trained!!!! BAD IDEA!!!! Thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest!!! Trained while rolling a few times.

desibaba
04-11-2009, 08:49 PM
I once got REALLY drunk. Had like an entire bottle of captain morgan tattoo. I remember waking up in the morning in bed sleeping in my own pee and shit. Even though no one was around to see it i was truly ashamed of myself and what i had started to become.

Bryan Hildebrand
06-28-2009, 02:57 AM
every wed, my last client ends her session at 2:00pm for the day. I walk across the street, have a huge plate of spanish rice and chicken and salsa. I also have 6 or so triple 1800 tequila margaritas. I go back across the street an hour and a half later and deadlift. it lowers my anxiety of injuring myself. deadlifting low 700's is how I broke my neck. its my crutch. there is not another day where I lift and drink.

as for the craziest... I cant even put it into words I am that ashamed.

Sistersteel
06-28-2009, 03:27 AM
every wed, my last client ends her session at 2:00pm for the day. I walk across the street, have a huge plate of spanish rice and chicken and salsa. I also have 6 or so triple 1800 tequila margaritas. I go back across the street an hour and a half later and deadlift. it lowers my anxiety of injuring myself. deadlifting low 700's is how I broke my neck. its my crutch. there is not another day where I lift and drink.

as for the craziest... I cant even put it into words I am that ashamed.

attila you have me in suspense back here. Do tell!

Bryan Hildebrand
06-28-2009, 12:30 PM
check your pm's...

Sistersteel
06-28-2009, 12:37 PM
check your pm's...

Nothing yet :)

RBS82
06-28-2009, 04:07 PM
Probably the worst, one of the worst at least, was one night after drinking tequila and snorting coke from about 3pm til about 2am or so I broke into a fraternity house at my college and broke a bunch of shit then pissed all over their furniture. I am ashamed of this to this day, but it's funny how that didn't stop me from being a general asshole for the next few years.

Sistersteel
06-28-2009, 09:31 PM
Probably the worst, one of the worst at least, was one night after drinking tequila and snorting coke from about 3pm til about 2am or so I broke into a fraternity house at my college and broke a bunch of shit then pissed all over their furniture. I am ashamed of this to this day, but it's funny how that didn't stop me from being a general asshole for the next few years.

Oh my, haha! That visual is too funny! Sorry, I could not help it, lol,

RBS82
06-28-2009, 10:00 PM
Oh my, haha! That visual is too funny! Sorry, I could not help it, lol,

No worries, looking back I think it's pretty funny too in the wtf was I thinking kind of way.

Sistersteel
06-28-2009, 10:28 PM
No worries, looking back I think it's pretty funny too in the wtf was I thinking kind of way.

Its healthy to be able to look back and laugh about the mess we left behind. :)

irishpride
07-25-2009, 07:25 PM
one of the many dumbshit things i did drunk/high was after a two day bender of amphetamines and whiskey i decided to come home to mine and my gf's house..well she thought iw as away on business and thought i looked really tired and stressed (i was i hadnt slept in days) so she proceeded to start to kiss and fondle me..we went to the bed room got naked and i climbed on top of her (mind you i was 265# and she was 110#) and i then passed out on top of her pinning her against the wall and she couldnt wake me..then to make matters worse i pissed the bed and all over her..she still couldnt wake me..finally i woke up cold and wet still on top of her mad as shit for being cold and wet too and all i could say was " are fucking retarded? why didnt you wake me up" then i got up said i was taking a shower and told her to make the bed..needless to say we broke up

Shawn Bellon
07-26-2009, 01:19 AM
Drove in the winter ice and snow about 45 minutes home...and I blacked out. I have no idea what happened. Just work up the next day...very very sick.

Sistersteel
07-26-2009, 03:49 AM
one of the many dumbshit things i did drunk/high was after a two day bender of amphetamines and whiskey i decided to come home to mine and my gf's house..well she thought iw as away on business and thought i looked really tired and stressed (i was i hadnt slept in days) so she proceeded to start to kiss and fondle me..we went to the bed room got naked and i climbed on top of her (mind you i was 265# and she was 110#) and i then passed out on top of her pinning her against the wall and she couldnt wake me..then to make matters worse i pissed the bed and all over her..she still couldnt wake me..finally i woke up cold and wet still on top of her mad as shit for being cold and wet too and all i could say was " are fucking retarded? why didnt you wake me up" then i got up said i was taking a shower and told her to make the bed..needless to say we broke up

I'm sorry but I cannot help LMFAO!!
Epic Ip, Just epic

lol

irishpride
07-26-2009, 01:36 PM
I'm sorry but I cannot help LMFAO!!
Epic Ip, Just epic

lol
yuppers i was a real catch for the ladies back then LMAO!!

Alex England
07-26-2009, 01:53 PM
I once went to a squat party and got totally fucked up on smack and vodka. I had to ride home (I had an old air cooled GS1000 at the time), but I was worried I was too wasted. I saw a girl chopping out these white lines, assumed it was speed, thought 'ah, that will sober me up nicely for a blast down the motorway on my bike'. Anyhoo I blagged a nice big line off her and off I went. Unknown to me at the time it was ketimine. Fell down a k-hole doing over a ton. Stopped the bike somehow but could get off the road. Police found me lying in the fast lane by my bike giggling to myself.
Luckily I got away with giving them a false name in the cells. That was like '92 or something.

irishpride
07-26-2009, 02:23 PM
i was once on tons of ketamine and acid and was drinking for several days when i decided to park my truck in my garage..though it turned out it wasnt really my garage it was my shed that barely fit my ride on lawn mower and i drove through most of the shed and pushed my lawn mower through the back wall..i didnt realize all this till i sobered up the next day and wanted to go to the beach LOL

Sistersteel
07-26-2009, 03:00 PM
I never went on binges. I was an everyday, every hour of the day user. I would use through all the hours of the night and my habit consisted of 3 eight balls of cocaine a day at my worst. So one day, throughout the course of that mess, I decided to come down and get my shit together. I fell asleep that day after having been sleep deprived for months at a time with some shut eye here and there...and woke up 4 days later. I had not stirred in 4 days. I woke up starved, stiff...and jonesing of course.

RBS82
07-26-2009, 03:11 PM
I just had this one told to me by a friend: I ate a couple of ounces of mushrooms and drank a bottle of jager. Then decided it was a good idea to drive home. We were in Asheville, NC and home was Spartanburg, SC. I am amazed I did not drive off a mountain. I get back home somehow. Then proceed to take down a 5th of mezcal with my roomate. Then for a long time nothing happened. Except I trashed my girlfriends room and threw away a bunch of my own shit. good times. sometimes I am suprised I still have any friends.

irishpride
07-26-2009, 03:12 PM
I never went on binges. I was an everyday, every hour of the day user. I would use through all the hours of the night and my habit consisted of 3 eight balls of cocaine a day at my worst. So one day, throughout the course of that mess, I decided to come down and get my shit together. I fell asleep that day after having been sleep deprived for months at a time with some shut eye here and there...and woke up 4 days later. I had not stirred in 4 days. I woke up starved, stiff...and jonesing of course.
ohh i was an everyday drinker as well for a long time..then i tried to cut back and began dabbling in drugs so i could still be fucked up everyday just not noticibly drunk..i was a monster when i drank..but when i did drink during those times, i was off and running, days,weeks sometimes months..till i collapsed from dehydration or my organs were shutting down..

bigmikecox
07-26-2009, 05:16 PM
Bunch of friends were in Canada for a bachelor party and we decided to do some trail mix (roll, blow and K) then walk to the Falls! Bad idea. Totally wigged out and thought i was going to fall over. WTF??? STUPID!!!!!!!!!!

irishpride
07-26-2009, 05:20 PM
Bunch of friends were in Canada for a bachelor party and we decided to do some trail mix (roll, blow and K) then walk to the Falls! Bad idea. Totally wigged out and thought i was going to fall over. WTF??? STUPID!!!!!!!!!!
speaking of canada, me and 2 other freinds were going to a party in LongBeach (on LI) missed the exit and ended up in the city..we then proceeded to hit every bar we found and when i came out of my blackout i was in my boxers covered in piss in a snow pile next to a strip club in canada..my other freind was nicely throwing change at a rather unattractive stripper while my other freind laid curled in the fetal postion under a table..can i just tell you the hot strippers are not there on a wedsnesday LOL by the way none of us knew who drove..it was a 8hr ride too

RBS82
07-26-2009, 05:37 PM
speaking of canada, me and 2 other freinds were going to a party in LongBeach (on LI) missed the exit and ended up in the city..we then proceeded to hit every bar we found and when i came out of my blackout i was in my boxers covered in piss in a snow pile next to a strip club in canada..my other freind was nicely throwing change at a rather unattractive stripper while my other freind laid curled in the fetal postion under a table..can i just tell you the hot strippers are not there on a wedsnesday LOL by the way none of us knew who drove..it was a 8hr ride too

Blackouts are the worst. I hate having good upstanding people remind me of the crazy shit I did. I am glad I am not the only who pissed themselves outside a strip club though.

irishpride
07-26-2009, 05:45 PM
Blackouts are the worst. I hate having good upstanding people remind me of the crazy shit I did. I am glad I am not the only who pissed themselves outside a strip club though.
bro i spent years in a blackout..last thing i remembered was going into my freshman year of highschool, when i came out of it i was living in CT, drunk, angry,constantly covered in pee and the only thing i had to show for it were some scars, a police record, a bunch of broken promises and a really cool dog..

RBS82
07-26-2009, 05:56 PM
bro i spent years in a blackout..last thing i remembered was going into my freshman year of highschool, when i came out of it i was living in CT, drunk, angry,constantly covered in pee and the only thing i had to show for it were some scars, a police record, a bunch of broken promises and a really cool dog..

I hear that, my dog loves me too. Probably the only thing in my life that has never judged me. As for broken promises the results are not the same, I think I broke every single one.

irishpride
07-26-2009, 06:04 PM
I hear that, my dog loves me too. Probably the only thing in my life that has never judged me. As for broken promises the results are not the same, I think I broke every single one.
when i was a fall down mess full of selfpity i remember thinking and saying on more than one occasion that i wish i was as great as my dog thinks i am....kinda cool thing was that dog was with me through alot of the worst and he lived his last days with me when i was totally sober and got to really do alot with him..i was never bad to him or anything like that but i was (as alot of general disasters are) self abosrbed and egocentric..

RBS82
07-26-2009, 06:14 PM
when i was a fall down mess full of selfpity i remember thinking and saying on more than one occasion that i wish i was as great as my dog thinks i am....kinda cool thing was that dog was with me through alot of the worst and he lived his last days with me when i was totally sober and got to really do alot with him..i was never bad to him or anything like that but i was (as alot of general disasters are) self abosrbed and egocentric..

mans best friend brother.

irishpride
07-26-2009, 06:48 PM
mans best friend brother.
totally agreed my freind...the love of an innocent animal can be just enough sometimes to help you through the tough times.
ps except cats, i am wholeheartedly convinced they suck the souls out of infants..

RBS82
07-26-2009, 08:14 PM
totally agreed my freind...the love of an innocent animal can be just enough sometimes to help you through the tough times.
ps except cats, i am wholeheartedly convinced they suck the souls out of infants..

ha! my dog hates cats, and he's just a little yorkie. I will never forget the day I was walking him and he killed a fucking rabbit. Little dogs are nothing to mess around with, one minute they are asleep in your lap, next minute they are killing your neighbors pet.

irishpride
07-26-2009, 09:41 PM
ha! my dog hates cats, and he's just a little yorkie. I will never forget the day I was walking him and he killed a fucking rabbit. Little dogs are nothing to mess around with, one minute they are asleep in your lap, next minute they are killing your neighbors pet.
aint that the truth!! my brother had a mini pin and one second it was nice the second you turn your back on it it goes straight for the achillies tendon and runs LOL

Sistersteel
07-26-2009, 10:53 PM
I just had this one told to me by a friend: I ate a couple of ounces of mushrooms and drank a bottle of jager. Then decided it was a good idea to drive home. We were in Asheville, NC and home was Spartanburg, SC. I am amazed I did not drive off a mountain. I get back home somehow. Then proceed to take down a 5th of mezcal with my roomate. Then for a long time nothing happened. Except I trashed my girlfriends room and threw away a bunch of my own shit. good times. sometimes I am suprised I still have any friends.

lol
The best thing about having a drug problem is you REALLY GET TO FIND OUT WHO YOUR TRUE FRIENDS ARE. I cannot tell you how many VERY close people walked away from me when I was in need, and the people I would have LEAST expected stuck around. I had a girlfriend I use to train with. She was a figure competitor I met at my local gym. We saw each other very infrequently and hardly ever connected or socialized outside the gym. She knew NOTHING of my drug problem. We were tight, just not THAT tight....when I stopped showing up to my workouts, she tracked me down, contacted my mother to see where I was...my mother told her I was hospitalized (I was detoxing in stabilization then being transferred to inpatient)...

She showed up on visitor's day to see me and did not even ASK ME what the fuck I was in there for. She apparently had always known something was up just did not want pry in my business. I cried my eyes out when I saw her that day. My own flesh and blood did not come to see me in rehab, my closest friends walked away from me..and there she was a total stranger, showing up on visitor's day to show me some love and support.

A lot of good things came out of my drug problem. It was not all bad believe me.

irishpride
07-27-2009, 01:12 PM
A lot of good things came out of my drug problem. It was not all bad believe me.
the best thing that happened to me was the people that surrounded themselves around me at my lowest point and helped bring me back up (spiritually,emotionally,mentally,physically) all without asking for anything in return and expecting nothing from me..i have some of the best freinds one person could ever ask for today..

Lucas
07-28-2009, 12:11 AM
My DOC is oxycotin, so it mellows me so I havent done anything to crazy (on drugs). Worse would be...
-took a crap on some chick's grandma's porch that I knew

-set fire to a bunch of bushes next to my school which resulted in it catching fire a bit as well,

- Demolished a house with some buddies (we thought it was some beat up abandoned house, but apparetenly someone was fixing it up and just put in new windows and doors which were reduced to pieces)

-Slashed the tires of what looked like a brand new Caddy Escalade and for good measure, peed on the door handles.

-Went car-jacking so we could find change for pizza, some of my dumber, higher buddies (they prefered coke), broke into a un-marked police car and got caught.

-Thats bout it...for now (im eighteen)

Klaus Urine
07-28-2009, 12:17 AM
LOL, fucking hell, I'd hate to hear your idea of crazy if you think that's mellow...

Sistersteel
07-28-2009, 12:29 AM
My DOC is oxycotin, so it mellows me so I havent done anything to crazy (on drugs). Worse would be...
-took a crap on some chick's grandma's porch that I knew

-set fire to a bunch of bushes next to my school which resulted in it catching fire a bit as well,

- Demolished a house with some buddies (we thought it was some beat up abandoned house, but apparetenly someone was fixing it up and just put in new windows and doors which were reduced to pieces)

-Slashed the tires of what looked like a brand new Caddy Escalade and for good measure, peed on the door handles.

-Went car-jacking so we could find change for pizza, some of my dumber, higher buddies (they prefered coke), broke into a un-marked police car and got caught.

-Thats bout it...for now (im eighteen)

LMFAO! ahhhh to be 18 again. I was so fucked up back then I don't even remember the stories. lol

LOL, fucking hell, I'd hate to hear your idea of crazy if you think that's mellow...

Beats pit material eh? lol :wavey:

Klaus Urine
07-28-2009, 12:31 AM
Beats pit material eh? lol :wavey:This thread is seriously entertaining. I'm amazed at how people act when they're totaled.

Sistersteel
07-28-2009, 01:02 AM
The absolute craziest messed up shit committed by yours truly...

I had some friends...friends in the lowest of places...lol...who were having a little drug abusing soiree at this new condo type establishment. It was a step up from the roach infested crack houses in the ghetto and I was always up for those get togethers where dealers would just throw drugs at me because I was hot. I got to the apartment sometime around 5 pm and, unlike my heroin days, when I was on cocaine I was fuckin ALERT and lit like the 4th of July. I can remember every single detail of everything I ever done, did or wanted to do...think about all the guilt I have to live with....

I spent 2 days FUCKED up OUT of my FUCKING mind..
This is what I looked like literally ------> :eek:
I literally did not put the crack pipe down for 2 days, it was one hit after the other, after the other...dealers cooked the rock and kept it coming...I was shooting up in between hits and have to have put well over 3 or 400 shots up every single visible vein in my body. I did not even have visible veins at that point and I was shooting in my neck, my feet, my fingers, my wrists, my quads...I had huge nodules everywhere and was shaking so bad I kept missing the veins and would shoot right into the muscle or fat...I had people tying me off right and left with belts, wires, rubber bands..you name it, so that I could get some blood in that needle.

There are some legalities involving the details of this story so I cannot get too graphic..but I will say this...not everyone left in one piece that night. There were bloody needles everywhere... rock solid coagulated blood inside rigs ... people reusing the same needles over and over and over again for days ...

I remember like it was yesterday....2 days had gone by and I had...no...fucking....clue...who I was. I know I wanted another hit, and I know the dealer had run out of shit 2 days later...I knew exactly where I was and exactly what I was doing....but I had no idea what my name was...who I was..where I came from..or where I had to go that day.

I did not know how to SPEAK. My motor skills were entirely fucking shot to hell like something out of a disturbing horror movie. I could understand people when they spoke to me but I could not communicate with anyone because I simply did not know how to get my brain to get my mouth to FUCKING OPEN so that I could SPEAK.

Someone dumped me on the front steps of my home where my mother found me....she was screaming and crying, yet I was literally incapable of communicating. I could walk fine..just could not do anything but blink. I was literally fucking brain dead. Its like being trapped inside your body, with the intention of reaching out to talk, to speak, to communicate, to make a noise, SOMETHING...just could not get my brain to do anything besides blink...and I had the blankest, numbest, emotionless look on my face...had I closed my eyes you would have probably thought I was dead.

It took days before my motor skills came back...I did so much cocaine that night I could NOT WAIT until the effects wore off...and I was a DAILY user. I could not make it through the day without a shot on the hour...when I tell you I could not wait to come down, believe me..that was more cocaine than what all of you have used combined times 100.

A week later I could say my name...2 weeks later I was fully functional and fully strung out again.

Telling this story is probably the closest I have come to jonesing over a hit in years. So I hope you appreciate it because I am never telling a story like this again. In fact I might just delete it at some point so that I do not feel compelled to read it eveytime I click on this thread...and me being me...I KNOW I will read it a hundred times over.

SS

Klaus Urine
07-28-2009, 04:24 AM
What compelled you to take that much shit? And, to clarify, you were smoking and injecting coke? Or were the injections smack?

Sistersteel
07-28-2009, 11:24 AM
What compelled you to take that much shit? And, to clarify, you were smoking and injecting coke? Or were the injections smack?

Nothing but disease compels a person to self destruct in such a manner. It was straight cocaine both in the pipe and syringe that night.

Cocaine had that effect on me...all it made me do was want more of it.

Klaus Urine
07-28-2009, 04:46 PM
Did you enjoy it? I struggle to think that that amount of stimulation in the body could be fun.

Sistersteel
07-28-2009, 06:15 PM
Did you enjoy it? I struggle to think that that amount of stimulation in the body could be fun.

I stopped enjoying drugs years before I ever got strung out on them.

I can understand someone finding it hard to comprehend how someone could appear to have no self restraint whatsoever when it comes to this type of self inflicted, destructive behavior. Though the decision to take drugs is voluntary, over time the changes in the brain caused by repeated drug abuse can affect a person’s self control and ability to make sound decisions, and at the same time send intense impulses to continue with the drug abuse. So you should think of an addiction as a chronic, compulsive need to fulfill a chemically induced urge. I grew more and more miserable with every single hit I took, yet was physically incapable of stopping the compulsive drug seeking and use despite the harmful consequences.

Klaus Urine
07-28-2009, 06:22 PM
Shit, sounds grim.

This is really insightful and compelling. It's helping me relate to a number of people in my life.

Sistersteel
07-29-2009, 12:07 AM
Shit, sounds grim.

This is really insightful and compelling. It's helping me relate to a number of people in my life.

Many people who lack a thorough understanding of drug addiction attribute the behavior to a character defect. The pain and suffering of addiction is not limited to the alcoholic or drug addict. Family members and loved ones share the burden as well. Shame, guilt, fear, worry, anger, and frustration are common. In most cases, the family has endured the brunt of the consequences for the loved ones addiction, including the stress of worry, financial costs, and life adjustments made to accommodate the addicted person’s lifestyle. Addiction leads the addict away from positive influences of the family. The disease twists love, concern, and a willingness to be helpful into a host of enabling behaviors that only help to perpetuate the illness.

Family and friends are usually very busy attempting to help the alcoholic or addict, but the help is of the wrong kind . If directed toward effective strategies and interventions, however, these people become powerful influences in helping the loved one “hit bottom” and seek professional help. At the very least, families can detach themselves from the painful consequences of there loved one’s disease and cease their enabling behavior.

I am going to make another thread and post up some helpful thoughts for you, Klaus, on how to help a loved one help themselves. I will make it a sticky and link you to it shortly.

SS

Klaus Urine
07-29-2009, 12:15 AM
I'll be there.

Sistersteel
07-29-2009, 12:18 AM
I'll be there.

Here you go!

Help a Loved One and Yourself! - RX Muscle Forums

BrotherIron
07-29-2009, 12:51 AM
Shit, sounds grim.

"Grim" is not the word to use to describe it. Trapped in a living hell is more like it.

Nothing makes you feel more helpless than watching someone you love slowly kill them self in front of you and you're powerless to stop it.