PDA

View Full Version : My humble beginnings towards Bikini

sexydoc
10-18-2009, 08:55 PM
Hi girls :flowers:

Finally I have decided to do this seriously.
Here is my history .

I immigrated to the US in 2002 from India. Being so new to the country, I had to adapt a lot, learn a lot. Well guess what, I did find something that I loved about American Culture. Their dedication towards an health and fitness.
Then I discovered BB.com and learnt a lot there. I mean, EVERYTHING about body building. I saw all the amazing bodies there, got instantly amazed by how much younger, fit and awesome this weight lifting world can make a person . I had never seen anything like it, while growing up in India. I was drawn and sold. Soon I learnt about eating- the clean way- brown rice, lean chicken. I understood what different nutrients do to my body and all about metabolism . I had always wanted to be a doctor all along. But now this journey got more exciting, because I wanted to be a fit doctor, so that I could set an example to my patients. I went into the gym, started lifting weights. The smith machine was my friend. Learnt how to do squats and lunges, the right form etc. by watching. Yes my ex bf was a personal trainer but he didnt help much to answer all my inquisitiveness, I was more of an ego boost for him and loved to hear how good he looked(I know I was naive, I would never do that again).
Anyways, nothing would stop me, I knew. I learnt, observed, researched. Some good people in the gym corrected my form while squatting , etc. Some other jerks just helped because they wanted to wanted to uhm yeah. I know that genetically I can build muscle quick in my legs. But I wasnt doing something right. The balance between cardio, weights and diet. That just wasnt right. I am still learning. And I think I will learn for long.
My next personal goal, besides getting ready for bikini, is to set an example for my mom. When I go home in 6 weeks, I want her to see the change in me. I have already lost 20 pounds here, and she hasnt seen the new me in 6 months, so hopefully I will be able to convince her the wonders of a ketogenic diet and exercise- get her to put splenda in her tea instead of sugar(omg I ve tried so hard to convince- no yield). I cant see her diabetic, or having problems walking- I want her to live long... and happy.

Anyways, so my journey will start tommorow for the next six week- We'll call this the "first block towards bikini"
I carbed up today, and refeeded. I am not sure if I need to do that every week. It wasnt real carbs. It was the carbs from whip cream (3 g per serving in a 25 serving can- that I mix with jello) and that serves as icecreamfor me. but 25 servings can never be good- therefore I call it a carb up.. I needed a fix.
anyways- so we'll see how much I weight tommoorow morning.

As of yesterday morning gym visit I was
5'2"
106lb
( steph is 107 and 5'1" and I still dont look half as good as her.. :hypno: sorta weird how it works eh?) haha yeah, I read her blog entry that talks aboiut "I wish I was lucky like you" And shes right in saying- duh you can share my luck if you chose to live my life and dont expect magical results.

Last 4 months when I lost merely 20 lbs, people go OMG! how did you do it? do you STARVE? Are you taking drugs? What the hell? seriously.
wwell my response , " join me at th gym at 5:30 in the mornings and you will get your answre. Just stop talking shit. 4 months is not a short time to lose 20 lbs, its steady pace and lot of hard work.

Anyways...
I plan on doing early morning cardio on the stair mill 1 hour and 30 mins on the treadmill incline so- 5-6:30 am 6:30 - 7 am will be weights.

I read somehwere that Dave P reccomends 2 hours of cardio,but I couldn't find concrete info on that.
I still need to figure out what split I will be doing- as in splitting up the body parts. For tommorow- it will be legs- since I did abs and shoulders yesterday.

Anyways, all you ladies are so inspiring, I am at loss of words. If only everyone chose a healthy lifestyle..
I cant wait to go to a show and watch, it should be so exciting. I really hope I can atleast watch one soon. I am from San diego, so hopefully when I go there in december for 3 weeks. :D

Also Diet=

I am doing Dave P's diet ofcourse. I hate how carbs make me feel. bloated, and yucky.

Main constituents of my diet are= eggs, fish oil, tuna, lots of veggies ofcourse, chicken, and turkey bacon.
here is the thing= I heart spices and spicy sauces. So that does add to a lot of water weight for me. But as long as it doesnt slow my weight loss, I know that whenn I cut out sodium, I will be mmuch tighter. I just cant seem to let go spicy food. Not sure if I should completely cut it off, unless ofcourse its pre contest time.

Thanks for reading ladies, and Thankyou for the warm welcome and the friendly helpful demanor we have around here :)

PS: yall can call me pri :) haha sexydoc sounds a bit too uhm yeah. ( I dont know what I was thinking lol)
xxx
pri

stephaniewicked
10-18-2009, 10:25 PM
Hey Pri! Good for you for starting on the road to healthy living and for choosing to be a good example to everyone around you!

Just curious... did you have any other carbs today for your carb up? I'm not an expert on this by any means, but I think you're supposed to also include more clean foods that are low on the glycemic index (brown rice, oats, sweet potatoes, etc).

Looking forward to following your progress!

GirlyMuscle
10-18-2009, 10:25 PM
Welcome to RX!

Check out Dave's thread in the women's section for advice about his diet or anything else you'd like to ask him. You'll find lots of useful info there.

Q & A w/ Dave Palumbo for the Ladies! - RX Muscle Forums

As a side note....Dave doesn't suggest 2 hours of cardio. During contest prep most of his clients start out with 30 minutes pre-breakfast and every week as he evaluates their progress he adjusts it. Many competitors do end up with 2 hours of cardio a day but usually only towards the end of their contest prep. He doesn't suggest 2 hours a day just to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

sexydoc
10-18-2009, 11:28 PM
Hey Steph..
This was definitely not a clean carb up . It was sugar free jello and whip cream (sugar free, 3g per serving). I know that just sounds so bad. It was more like a cheat I guess. Definitely no insulin though. So I took resort to that as my refeed (bad bad). Now that I need to be more disciplined from tommoorw, I will have to cut it out completely. And do a clean carb up of brown rice, chicken, etc.
Thanks for pointing that out, I m sure it has slowed my progress so much, because thats how I satisfy my sweet tooth...
Well here's to a new disciplined lifestyle. :)

sexydoc
10-18-2009, 11:31 PM
Welcome to RX!

Check out Dave's thread in the women's section for advice about his diet or anything else you'd like to ask him. You'll find lots of useful info there.

Q & A w/ Dave Palumbo for the Ladies! - RX Muscle Forums (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?t=1094)

As a side note....Dave doesn't suggest 2 hours of cardio. During contest prep most of his clients start out with 30 minutes pre-breakfast and every week as he evaluates their progress he adjusts it. Many competitors do end up with 2 hours of cardio a day but usually only towards the end of their contest prep. He doesn't suggest 2 hours a day just to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Oh girl,
Thanks so much for the link. Yes, I probably misread that. 2 hours a day does sound ridiculous. Well that's good because I dont think I can be on the stairmill for 2 hours. However, since it is LISS, I take my books with me, and just revise on the stairmill, and time just flies(minus the time it takes to wipe off the sweat) I might resort to a cap tommorow, so that it doesnt get on my face as much(eek) lol.

Now, I dont know how much my heart rate will be- I ll check and update you guys. Like level 3 or 4 on the stair mill, is that too SLOW?

Thankyou for your input girley! :)

Ninja Loco
10-18-2009, 11:32 PM
That was a nice and interesting read. Refreshing since it didnt sound like a self promotion. Post pics and Im sure you will have no shortage of offered help from our very willing bretheren here, lol.

Anyways really nice intro. I dont usually read these.

sexydoc
10-18-2009, 11:37 PM
That was a nice and interesting read. Refreshing since it didnt sound like a self promotion. Post pics and Im sure you will have no shortage of offered help from our very willing bretheren here, lol.

Anyways really nice intro. I dont usually read these.

lol Ninja,
I definitely feel very warm and welcomed here. It is so nice.. to start in a positive enviorenment. I will definitely post more pics and keep my journal going :)
Yeah I was kinda surprised, coz guys usually never read this history kinda stuff that I wrote a book of lol.
Keep in touch and look out for me! xx :)
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/mizzpri/
That's just a little about the little time I ve been with this new world.

alrite, I should go and study before school kicks my butt ( which is not steel yet).

stephaniewicked
10-18-2009, 11:40 PM
Hey Steph..
This was definitely not a clean carb up . It was sugar free jello and whip cream (sugar free, 3g per serving). I know that just sounds so bad. It was more like a cheat I guess. Definitely no insulin though. So I took resort to that as my refeed (bad bad). Now that I need to be more disciplined from tommoorw, I will have to cut it out completely. And do a clean carb up of brown rice, chicken, etc.
Thanks for pointing that out, I m sure it has slowed my progress so much, because thats how I satisfy my sweet tooth...
Well here's to a new disciplined lifestyle. :)

Hey girl, I don't think you need to necessarily cut it as we all need special treats to keep us sane when dieting (I'm a big fan of sugar free jello myself!), but I think you could possibly benefit from some additional carbs as well is all I'm saying. :)

You're on the right path... stick with it and it will all come together! I'm still learning myself.

Ninja Loco
10-18-2009, 11:46 PM
lol Ninja,

Yeah I was kinda surprised, coz guys usually never read this history kinda stuff that I wrote a book of lol.

Well its just that most come here to self promote, post hot pics and get a quick, ready-made fan base of admirers. That aint what most of us guys are about.

sexydoc
10-19-2009, 04:34 AM
hmm I ll be off to the gym in 15 mins . its 4:30 right now.. Done studying- well sorta. I spent too much time looking at you tube videos of people competing.
I like how the fitness competitions have their routines. . I wish bikini had that too..sounds fun. But I gotta learn how to do flips lol., coz they all do it. Well could you belly dance / or the like as your routine on the fitness? That would be interesting. lol.

partsRheavy
10-19-2009, 10:35 PM
Hey Pri!

1. So surprised you think that Americans are fit LOL! The portion who work on it or run or play sports, yes, but this is actually the most obese nation on earth. I always thought that people in India were pretty fit as long as diet is adequate ---- you guys do so much more everyday cardio just to move about the cities or with farm work.

2. At 5'2" and 106 lbs with 26" waist, you do not need to lose weight. Saw your bodyspace pic - you are very lean but could use a touch of muscle to get some curves. It's actually enjoyable working to build up strength. I see a touch of guilt in your post that you shouldn't have.

3. And, eat all the spices you want until just a few days before any contest. Mild water retention from food is not a problem unless you have high blood pressure (I doubt you have this) or have a competition or photoshoot very soon. Just don't get hooked on the American diet - so much of our food is really bad and it's bland and boring compared to Indian food. (In heaven, the chefs are from India LOL). Most Indian food that I've tried is quite nutritious as long as one is mindful of protein intake. Even the vegetarian dishes with lentils, spinach etc. have good food value. As you know, spices are used for flavor instead of too much of the bad stuff like excess salt and sugar.

4. Bellydancing etc. sounds fun!!! Maybe you could see if you could teach a class at your gym?

partsRheavy
10-19-2009, 10:37 PM
Hey Pri!

1. So surprised you think that Americans are fit LOL! The portion who work on it or run or play sports, yes, but this is actually the most obese nation on earth. I always thought that people in India were pretty fit as long as diet is adequate ---- you guys do so much more everyday cardio just to move about the cities or with farm work.

2. At 5'2" and 106 lbs with 26" waist, you do not need to lose weight. Saw your bodyspace pic - you are very lean but could use a touch of muscle to get some curves. It's actually enjoyable working to build up strength. I see a touch of guilt in your post that you shouldn't have.

3. And, eat all the spices you want until just a few days before any contest. Mild water retention from food is not a problem unless you have high blood pressure (I doubt you have this) or have a competition or photoshoot very soon. Just don't get hooked on the American diet - so much of our food is really bad and it's bland and boring compared to Indian food. (In heaven, the chefs are from India :yep:). Most Indian food that I've tried is quite nutritious as long as one is mindful of protein intake. Even the vegetarian dishes with lentils, spinach etc. have good food value. As you know, spices are used for flavor instead of too much of the bad stuff like excess salt and sugar.

4. Bellydancing etc. sounds fun!!! Maybe you could see if you could teach a class at your gym?

sexydoc
10-19-2009, 10:53 PM
hehe partsRheavy

Yes, I absolutely do not think american food is heathy in any way.lol. esp not fast food.
The problem with america is , the bad food is cheaper than the healthier food , therefore the obesity. But being fit, and the gym culture is still a more conspicious part of nice cities in america. India, its slowly getting there. Heck, we just had our first fitnes model(LOL) Yeah advancing from stone age. But I just meant, people should be more into working out and looking good :)

You are right about the muscle , So in your opinion I should lift everyday? Guess what, Here's a confession. I did not lift today . Did 40 mins on the stairmill and then it was time for me to get home shower and get to schooll. Tommorow I'll try going in earlier, so that I can do my cardio and lift too.

I actually workout by myself, so I get kinda scared that people will say stuff, esp in this remote Antiguan island. lol. But really who cares right? I also feel concious, coz theres so many men in the weight room, and they are all staring as if, I dont know what went wrong. Its kinda, uncomfortable.

But who cares really, I will get over it, the more I start doing it. I ll overcome my stupid notions. If you really want something, you ll get your way around it.. is what I believe in..

So this morning, when I came back from the gym , I discovered that I had a bunch of grapes that were riping way toomuch and needed my attention or trash them. Now obv I chose to eat them. First grape, so ripe so sweet, yum. Little did I know that the entire packet and 1 hour later, I will get aa major crash out of eating grapes ! Even natural sugar does this to me. I felt so shitty for 4 hours, and then it subsided, thankGod. Neve again, this is why I hate sugar so much, and love my keto/DP diet. Keeps me sane and in control.
I checked my keto stix, obviously little did I know that I got knocked out of ketosis. I always knew that fruits were not ok on ketosis, but I didnt know the effect would be so drastic. Anyways, hopefully tommorow's workout and clean diet will help me get back on track and ketosis. !
have a good night parts and everyoine else. sweet dreams!
(happy studying to me ahhh )

partsRheavy
10-19-2009, 11:44 PM
Hey Pri ----

No, don't lift everyday! You'll get way too sore. Three times a week should be enough. You need rest between lifting sessions. (Maybe 4x/week if you've been at it a while, but don't do this right now).

By the way, try lifting BEFORE you do cardio. Since you are really lean already, maybe cut cardio back to 15 or 20 minutes only.

Write down how much you lift, and try to increase the reps.

Live and learn re: the sugar crash with the grapes. Now you know that only a few at a time will feel better. :hugme: At least, you get some personal insight into the insulin response. It's a huge medical issue in the U.S. with type 2 diabetes and all that.

There are men in EVERY weightroom. (Different kinds). :lift::lift3::zoro::pirate::peace2:

In other words, if a gym is any good, there will be a bunch of men in the weightroom. The women's-only gyms usually don't have the correct equipment for weight training.

Just plug in the ipod and do your thing. ;)

sexydoc
10-21-2009, 06:14 PM
Heyaa PRH :D
I listened to your advice today and put my cap on and my ipod.
And did back. And man, DID i feel so good , and such an amazing pump from it? It was amazingggggggggg. I am so lifting again. This is going to be fun.

Tommorow- I m looking at a legs day, I ll be alternating cardio and weight days
Thurs = legs/cardio
Fri = rest
Sat = cardio/shoulders.

I weight in 107 lbs today And I am so confident 5 lbs of that is salt lol. But I do not btoher with that. my every meal has tons of sodium . I did increase my caloric intake- with all the studying and exercise, I figured it was the healthy thing to do plus- Im pretty sure im back into ketosis now, from al the damage I did early this week .

Anyways
Hope you all had a wonderful day
pri

partsRheavy
10-21-2009, 11:31 PM
Sounds good!

Let us know what ya lifted! (next time) :lift:

kungfuprincess007
10-22-2009, 11:02 PM
It sounds like you're on the right path. Way to represent us women with being smart and pretty!

I agree with partsRheavy, on cutting the cardio down. You look great! Keep up the good work!

sexydoc
10-24-2009, 08:10 PM
@ PRH.. lol I should have done that- that day I did back - lat pull downs..
@ kungfuprincess-- Thankyou for visiting me, your journal looks awesome . Is this going to be your first show?

My workout today was
Legs:
Leg press-
50 lb - 20 reps
50 lb- 15 reps
75 lb - 13 reps

Hamstring curls-- 3 sets, I forgot to notice the weights, but I kept my reps high

Abductor and Adductor - 30 lb, 15 reps eaech.

Calf raises-- 15 reps each set. Ithink 90 lb

Abs- supersetted with legs, I dont know wha tthose are called . Its like standin on this thing with a weight and going down and up.. lol sorrry

Walked for 25 mins on an incline
I weighed in 103 today. Really stoked. Didnt do a carb up today, like I was supposed to.
Food -
Talapia salad ( so good) in olive oil ofcourse with crushed red pepper.
well that's pretty much it.

I dont know how many fish oil caps should I be taking - any help on this?

thankyou guys for visiting, have a awesome restin weekend.

sexydoc
10-26-2009, 10:50 PM
girliess
I have such major leg DOMS

OMG, Firstly I couldnt even sit on the chair, then when I get off the chair I cant walk straight without pain. I think this is because I have trained calves after sooo long .My glutes and Hammies were sore too, but not as much, and I really dont mind those, because I can still walk when they are soore lol.. And it actualy feels good to have them sore... And the weirdest thing is, that has caused me to feel and notice the muscles in there, they exist, but are covered with unflattering fat. My legs are SUCH a problem area, that you wouldn't be able to guess.
Although I should take Leg pics, but I hate them so much that, I m even scared to post pics... yikes.. soft squishy, Inner thighs sooo much fat, you cant feel on my entire body. Ithink I wont see any progess until I futher drop my bf%, but I am already 103, lower than that would be just skinny fat again..

Should I just keep lifting? Do more cardio?
I am eatin really clean, to heal I ve been eating protein (chicken, talapia) and veggies..
I hate protein shakes, plus the one Ihave is loaded with sugar.. yikes.
The DOMS will go, I dont care so much about those. Moreso, am I goin in the right direction? Or should I add more cardio days.. right now im doing 3x a weeek lifting, with overall body split for the most part, unless a certain part is sore ofcourse. Regardless to say, its hard to get a lot of sleep while in schoool!

Appreciate the input ladies, thanks for reading..!
love
pri

partsRheavy
10-27-2009, 01:02 AM
At 103 lbs, you do NOT need more cardio.

Yes, I agree that DMOS can be bad after not lifting for a while. It will get better once you get established into a routine. Takes a couple of weeks.

I have some funny stories about "backaches" (DOMS in the spinal erectors) from factory work. I couldn't stop, because I needed the money! Eventually, the muscles grew and the soreness disappeared!

What you need to do is lift 3x/week and eat a few more calories than maintenance, going a bit heavy on protein but also including stuff like olive oil, eggs etc.

It takes months to get changes in body composition. Don't over-analyze. Just go and lift for fun and try to beat the weights you did a couple of weeks ago.

If the whey has sugar in it, maybe just a shake in the early morning or right after w/o only and then order a brand that _doesn't_ have sugar. Sounds like a weight-gainer, because most good brands of whey _don't_ have sugar.

I think you are outside of the US? Or do you have a date planned for your bikini comp? Do you have any coaches/trainers around?

sexydoc
11-02-2009, 02:14 AM
Hi all and hello PRH
Thanks for watching over me PRH! really appreciate the fact that you share your knowledge with me :)

I havent worked out in a week, beeing busy with school and stuff.. However, i do plan to workout regularly for the next two months and beyond.

My DOMS took me an entire week to heal and I couldnt even walk straight because my calves were so sore. I agree they will deveop strength and get rid of DOMS.
I do not mind hams and glutes being sore coz I can still walk..lol.
I do eat a very high protein diet consisting of Chicken, turkey, eggs. And veggies.
Fish oil- vitamins Olive oil., talapia
Starting to drink lots of water only recently.

Believe it or not I used to NOT drink any water AT ALL, at onetime and was severely dehydrated. I am sure that did me a lot of harm.
Now I plan on drinking atleast 3 liters of water a day.

Yes I am outside the country- All i have access to here is IAS whey protein. And no personal trainer for me, because I am a poor bankrupt student ... (I know it sounds bad, but I have come so far myself)

But yes, I ll update my protein whey when I go to US in mid dec.
And keep workign out more lifting 3x a week..
Thankyou all for all the comments and suggestions!
xx
pri

sexydoc
11-09-2009, 06:44 PM
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/img/user_images/growable/2009/11/08/362078/progresspic/1jarj6gHNATwPu5bFOFR19kPKgl0RD1963.jpeg

sexydoc
11-09-2009, 06:45 PM
hey guys sorry havent been ableto update lately..
But you see my legs-- this is what I am so trying to change--- still liftin.. I dont know if therees anything else I shouldbe doing

sassy69
11-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Oofdah! Big fuzzy picture!

Hope you don't mind, I shrank it down a little.

http://i37.tinypic.com/2rx8tfk.jpg

Very beautiful! Best advice is just keep lifting hard & heavy. Eat to build and probably watch your cardio so you don't cut into your growth phase, if you are specifically planning a bulker. "Bulker" doesn't mean you have to get fat, but it does mean you're there to grow, and everything you do should support that goal.

musclemilf
11-09-2009, 08:15 PM
Very beautiful! Best advice is just keep lifting hard & heavy. Eat to build and probably watch your cardio so you don't cut into your growth phase, if you are specifically planning a bulker. "Bulker" doesn't mean you have to get fat, but it does mean you're there to grow, and everything you do should support that goal.

^^^
2x :D

partsRheavy
11-09-2009, 10:22 PM
There is nothing wrong with your legs!!!!! I can see some muscle on them, since we all use our legs for walking, bike riding etc. You have a teeny-tiny waist and an awesome base on which to build.

Maybe think about working upper body and arms to build muscle. Stuff like bench, incline, overhead press, flyes, behind-the-neck, curls, preacher-curl, hammers, cable x-overs if your gym has this, etc. etc. should help. :D

I hope your DOMS has gone down some. Eat hearty with real food like chicken, fish, veggies. And don't kill yourself with cardio!!!!!:hugme:

sexydoc
11-09-2009, 10:38 PM
THankyou GIRLIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
I love the feedback.. sassy 69 ;) Thanks for making it smaller hehe it was supposed to be small, no idea how it came out so big.. And thankyou for the feedback_ i m def lifting and buildin a solid butt .. love them deadlifts and squats..

musle milf ;) I love your avatar.. now thats how I want my back to lookk ahhhh mazing.! :D

PRH-- VERY good observation on the arms lol.. As BF% lowered I could see biceps but the opposite portion triceps is really softlike ... jello lol so gotta def focus on tat.
my DOMS havecome down..I just dont find time to update the journal with all the work--
BUt thankyou soooooooooooooooooooo much yall.. Have a greaettt day tommrowo!:D
pri
PS - I ll post more pics tommorow- ..