PDA

View Full Version : Muscle Girls Inc. (10-20-09) TUE 7pm EST: Sue Upson & IFBB Judge John Tuman!

Jeff The Producer
10-20-2009, 01:27 AM
http://www.rxmuscle.com/images/stories/site/musclegirlsinc.gif

IFBB Figure Pro Sue Upson made a shocking discovery before making her Pro Debut in Jackonville, Florida: She had developed a tumor on the stem of her brain. The days that followed reveal just how much courage and strength it takes to accept a new path in life, and it can only be told through Sue's words, tonight, on Muscle Girls Inc.

John Tuman is an IFBB / NPC Judge and is the co-promoter of the IFBB Sacremento Pro Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini Championships. He joins Colette & Krissy to break down what happend at this past weekends Border States show, where he was head judge. You wont want to miss this episode as John gives us a little more insight into what the judging panel is looking for in Pro Figure!

MUSCLE GIRLS, INC. airs on TUESDAY, October 20th, 2009 at 7 PM EST/4 PM PST. Just click on the MUSCLE GIRLS, INC. page of the website or simply click on the following link to join the party:

http://www.rxmuscle.com/muscle-girl-inc.html

On-Demand Replays and Podcasts will be available 24/7 a few hours after the show for your convenience.

Sue Upson

http://www.rxmuscle.com/newgallery/DSC_7350_CRRCAJDYOT.jpg

IFBB Judge John Tuman along with the legendary Bev Francis!

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj280/allandonnelly/john_bev.jpg

huge285
10-20-2009, 01:29 AM
We love SUE and send her all our prayers for a speedy recovery!

sba220
10-20-2009, 04:11 AM
All year we touted Sue as one of the most overlooked competitors on stage....I was always amazed at how upbeat she was despite placings lower than deserved.

Wishing a speedy recovery and a bright future.

huge285
10-20-2009, 04:42 AM
TUMAN's one of my favorite characters in the business. I have to get him on HEAVY MUSCLE RADIO and have some fun with him.

~gymdiva~
10-20-2009, 12:07 PM
Sue is the best and deserves nothing but good in life...can't wait to listen to this show...

Marcus
10-21-2009, 02:25 AM
John big love Tumman!!!

siouxcountry
10-21-2009, 06:35 PM
Sue Upson is out of surgery, they removed the entire tumor and feel she will be fine. :)

Musclepapa John
10-21-2009, 11:54 PM
Sue Upson is out of surgery, they removed the entire tumor and feel she will be fine. :)

Sue is a great gal and many of us were really worried about this brain tumor operation. Like I told you in an email I'd hope folks also keep new IFBB Pro Stefanie Bambrough in their thoughts and prayers as her father died this morning on her birthday. That really bites all around. On the positive side Mari Redondo co-promoter of the South Florida Championships also came out of her surgery today with a clean bill of health according to Sergio Pacheco. Life goes on and we should cherish it while we have it.:)

This Is War
10-23-2009, 08:45 PM
Wishing Sue a speedy recovery!

John was a great guest. What a happy guy! LOL

AVBG
10-23-2009, 10:53 PM
John Tuman is a great guest.

huge285
10-24-2009, 12:39 AM
SUE had her surgery (10 hours) and she's recuperating well. She sent me a photo of the horseshoe scar on the back of her partially shaved head and it's incredible but she's looks as hot as hell! Everyone at RX MUSCLE wishes her a speedy recovery!

Kitty Kat
10-24-2009, 02:55 PM
Wishing Sue a speedy recovery..
Great show ladies

Sue Upson
10-24-2009, 08:30 PM
Hey everyone.. it's Sue..thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. RXmuscle is the best!! What a long few days but I'm feeling pretty good. I got released from the hospital today. Came home and showered and now I'm chillin in the recliner. The team at UNC has been amazing. I couldn't have asked for more. My doctors are the best of the best. They were able to remove all of the tumor without damaging any of my facial nerves. However, I did loose the hearing in my right ear (as of now). Not sure if it'll come back or not but I can live with that. So if you see me..don't whisper in my right ear. :) I had some issues after surgery with swelling. I still have alot of fluid built up on my left side. My left leg is almost double the size of my right one but they say it'll come down once I start walking more. Some of the pain meds didn't agree with me either so they switched those around. Once they did I was good as new. They're amazed at how well I've been moving around. One of the UNC nurses had the same surgery and it took 4 days before they could remove the breathing tube from her. As for me.. everything came out that night. The only pain I really had was the pressure sore on my leg. Not much pain from my head or anywhere else. I have been ordered PT to help me with my balance. I'm still off a little. All I can say is that I'm glad to be home. I know it was tuff for my hubby and family too but I couldn't have asked for more. They have been so supportive. Wonder how long I can get the hubby to wait on me hand and foot :) Hmmm! JK! I also want to thank my online family. I am so blessed to have such an amazing group of friends/family. I couln't have asked for more. So... now all I have to do is heal and get the game plan together for next year. It's not over yet. I'll be back!! Horseshoe scar and all.

I also want to thank Dave and the crew at RXMuscle for thier support and prayers. I truly think that it helped with the recovery and surgery. :hmn:
Also, want to thank Krissy and Colette for having me on the radio show. I'm very honored!! I had a blast. Can't wait to meet Colette in person and Krissy is such an amazing friend. So.. thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Until the next update I'll be chillin in the recliner thinking that Dave thinks I'm sexy with my shaved head and scare! Love ya Dave!!!

Sue Upson
10-24-2009, 08:34 PM
The sexy scar! (sorry for the misspelling in the first post.. my 5 minutes of editing is up)

powergirl
10-24-2009, 08:34 PM
Wow, Sue your story is absolutely amazing, thanks for sharing, hearing about what you've gone through (and are going through now) and seeing your courage and amazing attitude is inspiring.

Please take care of yourself and get better quickly....all the best...

Musclepapa John
10-25-2009, 09:42 PM
That could be the base of a great tat :yep:
So glad you are in good spirits even though hurting, swollen and unsteady on the feet, etc. So why are you in such good spirits again? lol. Joking Sue. You are an inspirational figure in more ways than you may ever appreciate lady.

Thanks for being you.

The sexy scar! (sorry for the misspelling in the first post.. my 5 minutes of editing is up)

KRISSY CHIN
10-25-2009, 11:06 PM
Hey Sue!!!!!
You are truly an inspiration to so many. Thank you for taking the time to come on Muscle Girls Inc. and for sharing your story. If you need anything, please do not hesitate to call me!!!! Troy and I are a phone call away! Please take care and take it easy!!! Big hugs and kisses:hmn::hugme:

Krissyxoxo

KRISSY CHIN
10-26-2009, 03:41 PM
I told Colette yesterday that I have been receiving GREAT feedback about this episode of Muscle Girls Inc. We would like to thank both of our amazing guests-Sue and Johnny T. for their honesty and kindness and for taking time out of their busy schedules to be on our show. You guys rock!:hmn::yep:

Krissyxo

Leigh Carmichael
10-26-2009, 05:52 PM
JT said the word "package" 53 times.

big nut
10-26-2009, 11:25 PM
sue, heard u on muscle girls inc, and am so glad the surgery was a success! u are an inspiration for many. hope the recovery is fast and easy. god bless!

firebird85
10-28-2009, 10:27 PM
All right.
What is the noise I keep hearing in the background during every Muscle Girls Inc show. Sounds like someone stirring a cup of coffee, clink,clink, clink.
It's driving me fucking nuts

Sue Upson
10-29-2009, 11:11 AM
I'm so glad everyone is enjoying it. I had a blast and I hope to be invited again to chat.

Thanks again for all the warm and caring thoughts and wishes. I'm doing great. One week down and several more to go.

fatbackgoal
10-29-2009, 11:20 AM
All right.
What is the noise I keep hearing in the background during every Muscle Girls Inc show. Sounds like someone stirring a cup of coffee, clink,clink, clink.
It's driving me fucking nuts

That is probably Collette on the omputer answering her forum. With all she has to do probably the only time she can make to get it done.

fatbackgoal
10-29-2009, 11:20 AM
I'm so glad everyone is enjoying it. I had a blast and I hope to be invited again to chat.

Thanks again for all the warm and caring thoughts and wishes. I'm doing great. One week down and several more to go.

I really enjoyed listening to you on the show and wish you a healthy and speedy recovery!!!

Sue Upson
11-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Well.. this Wednesday will be 3 weeks since my surgery. I went today for my check up (and to remove the sutures) and I'm doing great. I got the green light to go back to work but not train. I have to wait another 4 weeks before I can lift anything. They want to make sure I don't have any fluid leaking out of my brain. I do have a little problem with my left arm though. I can raise it past my side. From what the doctor said I have a pinched nerve. It was from the way they had me positioned on the table he's guessing. He says I'll get it back but it'll take time.

So.. thank you for all your prayers and well wishes. They've worked :kiss: You've helped me stay strong and positive. I can't thank you enough!

Sue Upson
11-09-2009, 09:10 PM
I can raise it past my side.

Ooppss.. typo. I CAN'T raise it not CAN. :p

bob7708
11-29-2009, 05:50 AM
Well.. this Wednesday will be 3 weeks since my surgery. I went today for my check up (and to remove the sutures) and I'm doing great. I got the green light to go back to work but not train. I have to wait another 4 weeks before I can lift anything. They want to make sure I don't have any fluid leaking out of my brain. I do have a little problem with my left arm though. I can raise it past my side. From what the doctor said I have a pinched nerve. It was from the way they had me positioned on the table he's guessing. He says I'll get it back but it'll take time.

So.. thank you for all your prayers and well wishes. They've worked :kiss: You've helped me stay strong and positive. I can't thank you enough!

I'm so very happy to hear your doing as well as you are Sue and bet that you will be back competing before you know it. God's obviously on your side. :hmn: :yep:

Sue Upson
12-28-2009, 10:39 PM
Hey everyone! Merry (late) Christmas! Another year almost over and a new one is about to begin. I'm so excited!! So much to look forward to. New year.. New me!! I'm very blessed to be able to enjoy another one!

Well.... since my last post the Doctor gave me the green light to start working out again. I've been released! :) YEAH!! So... I'm back in the gym. It's been slow but it's coming along. I'm giving myself plenty of time to get adjusted to training hard and cardio. Diet is about to start and I'm looking forward to it. I'm about sick of crappy food and ready to start eating clean again. 2010 here I come!!

XOXO

~gymdiva~
12-28-2009, 11:12 PM
woohoo! congrats Sue! see you in January, too! :hmn: