PDA

View Full Version : Contest Prep Forum Ideas?

Scoobysnacks
02-26-2009, 01:28 PM
Is there anything you guys would like to specifically see or have threads about.

Really anything? Im just starting a brainstorming session here.

Would a sticky where I post what I believe is the ideal of each pose be something people would be interested in? This comes up a lot or I see a lot of bad posing. I should have some spare time this weekend to build such a thread.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Ss

gman
02-26-2009, 01:44 PM
A "how to pose" sticky would be awesome! I haven't met anyone around here who can teach me.

You can tell that by looking at my avitar! lol

Scoobysnacks
02-26-2009, 01:49 PM
A "how to pose" sticky would be awesome! I haven't met anyone around here who can teach me.

You can tell that by looking at my avitar! lol

alrighty then, Ill work on this this weekend. I can tell you from your avitar two big mistakes you are making, is that 1) your bis need to be slightly above your delts in that pose not below and 2) your legs are too straight, you need to bend them a bit (see my avitar for leg placement and X Im talking about). You want to bend them a bit so that if you drew an X over your pic you could draw a line from your left lat to that outside of your right quad.

Ill compile some good pics and try to post them up this weekend with some details about what you are trying to accomplish. It may take a bit to find them all done right.

Ss

gman
02-26-2009, 02:25 PM
Thanks, SS, I look forward to seeing how to get better.

I have been told I have a lot of muscle under the fat, but I am not popping it out right!

this will really be helpful.

pnohe
02-26-2009, 04:29 PM
I would love to see a recomended products sticky (or, for that matter one for products to stay away from). I am thinking of stage specific things such as suits, music mix services, etc.... those of us that have been in it for a while have had a ton of trial and error that others can avoid.

Scoobysnacks
02-26-2009, 04:55 PM
I would love to see a recomended products sticky (or, for that matter one for products to stay away from). I am thinking of stage specific things such as suits, music mix services, etc.... those of us that have been in it for a while have had a ton of trial and error that others can avoid.

Noted! thanks

Transporter22
03-01-2009, 10:08 AM
Any little tweaks and last minute helpers ie. prep-h and maybe other items to help remove sub-q fluids

Scoobysnacks
03-01-2009, 10:18 AM
Any little tweaks and last minute helpers ie. prep-h and maybe other items to help remove sub-q fluids

ill address this in the pointers section but there isnt really any earth shattering thing to share...but Ill touch on this and see what others share.

Steve Smith
03-04-2009, 01:41 PM
Majority of the people on this board don't even compete, Ss. Most of them still go to GNC, use MuscleTech and bench press on Monday nights. Majority of them probably don't even train legs.

Good luck trying to make this section popular. I can help. I'm your huckleberry...

- Block!

Scoobysnacks
03-04-2009, 02:19 PM
Majority of the people on this board don't even compete, Ss. Most of them still go to GNC, use MuscleTech and bench press on Monday nights. Majority of them probably don't even train legs.

Good luck trying to make this section popular. I can help. I'm your huckleberry...

- Block!

Nah, we'll continue to pick up ground, its early in the Contest Season, really early.

fitiron
03-04-2009, 05:31 PM
I agree with Ss.

A products thread would be great.

An " Exchange of Idea's " thread so to speak.

Every one approaches PREP and off season training differently. This is something that we can dig into as well....

GYM RAT
03-05-2009, 05:34 AM
What about an evaluation stage, where a member can post your contest or progress photos for constructive feedback to evaluate their condition?

Rob
03-05-2009, 10:22 AM
I agree with Ss.

A products thread would be great.

An " Exchange of Idea's " thread so to speak.

Every one approaches PREP and off season training differently. This is something that we can dig into as well....

I agree, this would be interesting...having a thread about the final week(s) of prep is always very interesting to me as well, especially when some of the science is shared behind certain strategies. This way it can be discussed what has worked for people and what hasn't worked. I know these types of threads always create debate, but that allows for people to be exposed to ideas that they otherwise may never have heard about. Water and sodium manipulation screws up so many competitors that it is always good to discuss strategies that have proven track records etc.

flexingtonsteele
03-05-2009, 01:58 PM

- Block!

thats true, how about getting a guy from chicago who has a radio show on blog talk radio to do a contest prep thread.

that'd be pretty cool.

Ken "Skip" Hill
03-06-2009, 03:58 AM
You could link this forum to IntenseMuscle. : )

Oh, I am just racking up the posts, huh?

Skip

bgoo101
03-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Off-season gain diet thread

Fit_5"3
03-08-2009, 07:42 PM
The last few weeks is a good idea for a thread. It differes in everyone, even from prep to prep, so sharing experiences would be helpful, even when keeping notes from contest to contest.