PDA

View Full Version : Detox Regimine

Qaash
02-26-2009, 02:26 PM
Has anyone done a "cleanse" recently? If so, what did you use? I've seen advertisements for all sorts of products claiming to help clean your colon and remove pounds of waste trapped in your body from years of accumulation.

BK
02-26-2009, 05:24 PM
It is overhyped. Just get a good fiber laxitive and eat alot of good fibrous foods for a week. Sounds crude but it will work great.

collegelinebacker31
02-26-2009, 06:35 PM
yea i take colon cleanse fiber supplement 3-4 times a day. thats all you really need. i doubt all those fancy 6step colon cleansing products will hurt, but def a waste of money.

Frosty
02-26-2009, 09:21 PM
I now share the same opinion as Charles Poliquin. That is these extreme "detox" diets are not good.

Why? Because there are so many chemicals and toxins stored in the body, when you do almost fasting regimens, you release a lot of them into circulation. It is claimed that they will just be eliminated....okay, but how?? What if you release heavy metals? What are you taking to chelate them and remove them from the body? BUT, WHAT heavy metals are in your body? What chelates out aluminum is different from mercury. So how do you know what to take? And that's just a small example. You release a ton of this shit into circulation and overload the body's ability to remove it and you don't supply certain necessary nutrients to eliminate certain specific toxins (that you aren't even sure what you're high in!).

A smarter approach is a more gentle daily detox support, basically for the rest of your life. Good greens, fiber, eliminating bad foods and food sources, some general things like NAC, etc to help support the body in gently detoxifying over a long period of time so it can handle it. Testing for specifics is even better, but this gets more involved with tests, doctors, and money.

HARDCOREB
03-04-2009, 04:59 AM
THis is by far the best cleansing system i have ever used!!! http://z.hubpages.com/u/51525_f260.jpg
Formulated by Dr. Terry Willard out of Calgary, Canada.

The Thinker
03-04-2009, 05:21 AM
For me, just supplementing with Psyllium Husk keeps me feeling all clean. I think that the detox pulls too many good enzymes out of the system and has not positive benefit.