PDA

View Full Version : Marty Jannetty, still a rocker...

~gymdiva~
10-21-2009, 12:23 AM
or something...weird little find on wrestlezone:

VcVRuRODcmM

by Matt Boone
Oct 20, 2009
Thanks to Keith Libra for sending along the following YouTube video featuring Marty Jannetty at a pretty wild party

ROTFLMAO
10-21-2009, 01:31 AM
Hell Yah!

TPT
10-21-2009, 08:40 AM
saw him on raw against the miz.

still sort of looks young.

~gymdiva~
10-21-2009, 11:42 AM
can I just explain to you the level of OMG and crazy I went when he and Shawn teamed up a few years ago on RAW for that one night? dear god in heaven...hahahaha...I was in the other room and heard like two notes of the old Rockers theme music and flew up out of my chair and just stood there in utter disbelief at what I was seeing...they still had all the moves and everything...it was good stuff...

now I'm still trying to figure out this foot washing thing...

TPT
10-21-2009, 08:51 PM
yeah. i remember that. kind of marked out too. lol.

buckimscl
10-22-2009, 01:12 AM
He looked pitiful in the ring. Slow and obviously out of sync.

TheCutMan
10-22-2009, 06:21 AM
It's really sad that Marty didn't accomplish the things he could have and was given the opportunity to as a single's competitor.
HBK wrote that he was always concerned about not looking good in the ring or his character being given not enought thought. That's why they both didn't get along very well in private life being on the road together all year round.
This culminated when WWF split the Rockers. Marty didn't even really talk to Shawn very much after that because he was so paranoid that WWF only had plans for HBK's new character but not for his. Which was obviously bullshit as they were even putting the IC belt on him.
Marty is one of the guys with a lot of potential and not doing very much with it.

But the Rockers were indeed a great tag team that was definitely 10 years ahead of their times. I remember watching my first wrestling match back in 1990 with my brother. We were both little kids and absolutely awestruck seeing the Hart Foundation vs. the Rockers. :)