PDA

View Full Version : whey concentrate VS. whey isolate

KeepGoing
02-26-2009, 03:56 PM
I know post workout whey isolate and hydrolyzed whey is better in order to get a fast absorption.

But if I'm only looking to meet macro protein needs during the day and not spiking anything, will whey supplement based on mostly whey concentrate and some whey isolate suffice?

Larry C
02-26-2009, 04:04 PM
I don't know too much about supplements but after listening to Dr. Connelly on the HMR radio show it certainly sounds like it would.

militantmuscle
02-26-2009, 05:36 PM
Whey protein isolate has a higher biological value (BV) than concentrates, and is purer and contains more protein.

chucksm00th
02-26-2009, 05:56 PM
If your trying to make macros, you can use either, however as Elite stated "isolate" is far better, its like 87 gas Vs 93 super. If money is tight shoot for the concentrate but if you have a little more to splurge go for the isolate all day!

KeepGoing
02-27-2009, 12:32 AM
If your trying to make macros, you can use either, however as Elite stated "isolate" is far better, its like 87 gas Vs 93 super. If money is tight shoot for the concentrate but if you have a little more to splurge go for the isolate all day!

Yeah I noticed proper BB food, supplements and all the eating hits the wallet pretty these days, just got to compromise here and there.

Myth
02-27-2009, 08:14 PM
That's like asking, "Will chicken suffice?"...as opposed to pure liquid egg whites (just because chicken has additional dietary fats)...ans the answer is, OF COURSE IT WILL!

meatheadio
02-28-2009, 05:30 PM
I know post workout whey isolate and hydrolyzed whey is better in order to get a fast absorption.

But if I'm only looking to meet macro protein needs during the day and not spiking anything, will whey supplement based on mostly whey concentrate and some whey isolate suffice?

Yes, WPI does have a higher BV, but since you are only trying to meet your daily needs a WPC/WPI blend will suffice just fine. Even with the lower BV WPC would still offer you better value for money as it is much cheaper than pure WPI.Bodybuilders survived and built muscle long before we had access to hydolysed WPI so dont over complicate things too much. WPI is preferred, but if you can only afford half as much pure WPI when compared to a WPC/WPI blend then the choice should be obvious.

Sandpig
02-28-2009, 10:16 PM
I'm normally an Isolate guy, but this week due to lack of funds, I bought a concentrate.

I haven't stopped farting since I bought the shit.