PDA

View Full Version : Polygraph?

joelster
10-22-2009, 11:18 AM
Why don't they just do away with it?

I can name several "users" who simply took it and then did the show. I don't know how shows are in your guys/gals neck of the woods, but they don't turn away competitors around here. I understand why they don't turn them away but I have a better solution.

How about the winner in each class has to submit to a urinalysis after the show, which they have to pay for. That way 95% of the competitors do not have to pay for testing, just the top percent. They also don't have to schedule around the person administering the polygraph for that event, which can be a NIGHTMARE for someone who is competing from out of town. They do this right now in the INBF but only for the people earning their pro-cards.

My gripe is that it is just a way to rape a competitor of $40, and it has zero value to it. Jay Cutler could take a polygraph and then show up and compete.

Bacon Boy
10-22-2009, 12:07 PM
Urinalysis can cause false positives as we have seen in professional sports...

AVBG
10-22-2009, 02:45 PM
using poly's should be an indication of the level of professionalism of the federation. Some orgs use home pregnancy kits to test... Nuff said.

hrd
10-22-2009, 02:56 PM
Polygraphs?
Penn and Teller did an interesting program on them...
YouTube - Penn & Teller Bullshit Season 7 Episode 5 Lie Detectors PART 1

Team Franco
10-22-2009, 03:31 PM
Its depends on how good the tester is. The guy that I have is a drill sergent and has caught a number of people. I have also seen and been through very relaxed testers also. So as a promoter, you need to do what is best.

Urine test can be costly, at at least 100 per person. For my Pro Qualifier I promote, I do urine test for all the open class winners.

People know what they are getting into. If you dont like it, dont compete in it.

joelster
10-22-2009, 06:34 PM
Its depends on how good the tester is. The guy that I have is a drill sergent and has caught a number of people. I have also seen and been through very relaxed testers also. So as a promoter, you need to do what is best.

Urine test can be costly, at at least 100 per person. For my Pro Qualifier I promote, I do urine test for all the open class winners.

People know what they are getting into. If you dont like it, dont compete in it.

Some good stuff there.

The problem that I see is that it seems to be easy to beat, and why the hell is it $40? Why not $10? The price is rediculous for the amount of time that they test you. People that are coming from out of town have to make arrangements which can be a pain in the ass. I didn't know how much the urine tests cost. $100 is a lot. It is worth it though.

joelster
10-22-2009, 06:36 PM
using poly's should be an indication of the level of professionalism of the federation.
Are you saying that federations that use polygraphs are not professional?

Some orgs use home pregnancy kits to test... Nuff said.
Now that would be a little weird.

AVBG
10-22-2009, 06:40 PM
Are you saying that federations that use polygraphs are not professional?

Now that would be a little weird.

Yep. Especially when there is decent/concise testing available.

True about the preggo kits..

joelster
10-22-2009, 06:48 PM
What other cost effective tests are there besides polygraph, urine?

AVBG
10-22-2009, 06:50 PM
What other cost effective tests are there besides polygraph, urine?

INBA (Australia) have introduced blood tests

NATURAL-1987
10-22-2009, 10:49 PM
INBA (Australia) have introduced blood tests
Heard about this on NBBR a while back. Between that and an IOC WADA level U/A I think would work best. Problem is that guys can do things that are banned 11.5 months of the year, stop 2 weeks-3days out and still pass a U/A. Couldnt believe what Ali from the middle east was saying on HMR a while back about how guys map things out.:no:
Do you think that blood testing shows things from a farther back timeline then a U/A? If so, I think it should be the highest standard.

AVBG
10-23-2009, 04:56 AM
Heard about this on NBBR a while back. Between that and an IOC WADA level U/A I think would work best. Problem is that guys can do things that are banned 11.5 months of the year, stop 2 weeks-3days out and still pass a U/A. Couldnt believe what Ali from the middle east was saying on HMR a while back about how guys map things out.:no:
Do you think that blood testing shows things from a farther back timeline then a U/A? If so, I think it should be the highest standard.

I don't think that any test is 100% guaranteed to flush out the cheats so the federations (ie INBA) need to do as much as they can by making life tough for the cheats by utilizing the offseason testing and retrospective analysis of tests as their technology gets more advanced.

As it was stated by Ali, the cheats who enter in natural shows have no bones about lying and being deceptive, they'll be constantly trying to stay one step ahead of the people facilitating the tests. But sooner or later people get found out ie Floyd Landis and the many that have been caught out by the INBA in the past.

I have no issue for ANY person using AAS or any PED at all, if that's what makes them happy- Go for it. My only problem is with the people who use and go out of their way to compete in what is supposed to be a level playing field for the people who choose not to use.

werfewgrt
10-24-2009, 01:51 PM
Why don't they just do away with it?

I can name several "users" who simply took it and then did the show. I don't know how shows are in your guys/gals neck of the woods, but they don't turn away competitors around here. I understand why they don't turn them away but I have a better solution.

How about the winner in each class has to submit to a urinalysis after the show, which they have to pay for. That way 95% of the competitors do not have to pay for testing, just the top percent. They also don't have to schedule around the person administering the polygraph for that event, which can be a NIGHTMARE for someone who is competing from out of town. They do this right now in the INBF but only for the people earning their pro-cards.

My gripe is that it is just a way to rape a competitor of $40, and it has zero value to it. Jay Cutler could take a polygraph and then show up and compete.

I know people who passed the polygraph test minutes after taking their last dose of anabolic. It's over rated and definitely biased