PDA

View Full Version : post gallbladder surgery

waugie14
02-26-2009, 06:33 PM
Hi everybody, hope this is the right place for this. Just had my gallbladder out this past tuesday, no gallstones just a nonfunctioning gallbladder. Just started solid food today. Just wanted to get opinions from other bodybuilders with their experience post surgery. Thanks everyone!

WILDMAN
03-22-2009, 08:15 AM
I was back in the gym about 4 weeks after surgery.

waugie14
03-27-2009, 08:49 PM
Thats awesome! I just started back, still tryin to figure out what to do macro wise? Anyone?

ellocogrande
03-28-2009, 01:35 AM
I was about to make a post on this very subject with some warnings. I had my Gallbladder out in October. No complications immediately. About 4 months afterwards my G/F and I went to eat chinese food. We were leaving to go shopping and I realized I needed to make a pit stop. My Mom said the same thing happened when she had hers out. 5-6 months later diarrhea sets in especially when you have a meal that is particulary fatty. It is now an everyday occurence. Kind of makes it hard to plan things. Lol

waugie14
03-28-2009, 11:22 AM
I was about to make a post on this very subject with some warnings. I had my Gallbladder out in October. No complications immediately. About 4 months afterwards my G/F and I went to eat chinese food. We were leaving to go shopping and I realized I needed to make a pit stop. My Mom said the same thing happened when she had hers out. 5-6 months later diarrhea sets in especially when you have a meal that is particulary fatty. It is now an everyday occurence. Kind of makes it hard to plan things. Lol

i definitely found out what i can and can't eat, absolutley NO dairy. Pretty much no added fat sources except some fish oil. Alot of protein seems to jam things up pretty good too. Do you take any digestive enzymes? Or anyone else?