PDA

View Full Version : how long for menstration to return?

ejdancer87
10-23-2009, 11:33 PM
Question, how long does it usually take for your menstral cycle to return after coming off an 8wk cycle of 10mg anavar then a 4wk cycle of 40mg prop cycle with 5mg of anavar for post cyle therapy? I'm one wk into my post cycle but don't know how long it will be before my period returns. Anyone have any ideas or experiences?

Jodie
10-24-2009, 12:54 AM
varies....your body has to level back out.

sassy69
10-24-2009, 01:26 AM
Generally your menstrual cycle will straighten itself out in the first complete month or two after your last compound clears your system. The first complete month or two after, because the menstrual cycle runs on a 28-day cycle - the same is normal for trying new birth control or anything that screws w/ the natural cycle.

Look at the detection time of the all the stuff in your cycle - i.e. var = 3 weeks, prop = 2-3 weeks because generally any AAS will tend to cause amenorrhea (interrupt your menstrual cycle) when it is present - so take the detection time as the longest time you would expect whatever compound to be present in your system.

So for what you are on, expect about 2-3 months after your last dose for things to sort themselves out. Sometimes it can take longer. Menstrual cycles can be touchy - even stress, sudden weight loss, anything that changes the "typical way you are" can cause it to stop for a while. Generally its a survival response to stress situations to reduce the chance of pregnancy under bad conditions (i.e. a drought, high stress, etc.)

sassy69
10-24-2009, 01:27 AM
BTW I don't get why you are doing 5 mg var for PCT. For things other than continued & aggressive cycles, there's really no reason for PCT like men do, because our natural production of our primary sex hormone is not being turned off due to an exogenous source.

ejdancer87
10-24-2009, 02:21 AM
Cool! Thank you sooo much sassy69! I'll probably stop the var soon. Don't really like being on this long. It's weird not having my period though. It makes me fell good in a way when I get it cause it let's me know everythings working down there :) Thanks again for the help.

sassy69
10-24-2009, 03:00 AM
Cool! Thank you sooo much sassy69! I'll probably stop the var soon. Don't really like being on this long. It's weird not having my period though. It makes me fell good in a way when I get it cause it let's me know everythings working down there :) Thanks again for the help.

W/ the doses you were on you don't need PCT. Give it 2 months and I'd expect you to see it start up. But also if needed, give it some more time. The human body is incredibly resiliant but the menstrual cycle does seem to be really squirrelly when there are stresses on the body.

An example is when I went away to college in my Jr year. I was taking 3rd year physics courses, 1500 miles from the nearest family member and pretty much on my own. I was a nervous wreck for my first semester and honestly the only thing that kept me from losing it was swimming 30 laps in the university pool every night. My period stopped exactly for the 4 months of that first semester, came back over the Xmas break and then disappeared again until summer semester. Aside from the last semester of my computer science masters degree (again HYUGE amounts of stress trying to graduate while my masters thesis & stipend dried up when IBM cancelled my graduate project), my period has been like clockwork ever since.

ejdancer87
12-19-2009, 02:15 PM
Hey sassy69! Just wanted to let you know that my period just returned three days ago!!! You were right, it took three months on the money for my period to come back. Thanks for the advice. I was getting worried there cause it was taking it's time returning. I even took a pregnancy test to make sure i wasn't pregnant and it came back neg.

Anyways, thanks again for the help. I really appreciated it.

sassy69
12-19-2009, 02:40 PM
Hey sassy69! Just wanted to let you know that my period just returned three days ago!!! You were right, it took three months on the money for my period to come back. Thanks for the advice. I was getting worried there cause it was taking it's time returning. I even took a pregnancy test to make sure i wasn't pregnant and it came back neg.

Anyways, thanks again for the help. I really appreciated it.

Very glad to hear!

pebble
12-26-2009, 03:48 AM
My menses actually came while I was ON cycle; 10 mg Var ED

barbellbarbie
12-26-2009, 03:51 AM
varies....your body has to level back out.
i agree just depends on how fast your hormonal levels return to normal

margo
12-26-2009, 02:03 PM
I´m not on Anavar but I´m not having my periods unless I´m about 10 lbs too heavy.

Do you have any recommendation how to adjust the hormone-level?

barbellbarbie
12-26-2009, 02:05 PM
when women drop below a certain level of body fat the body stops this function as a protective mechanism. the bf% varies

margo
12-26-2009, 02:26 PM
when women drop below a certain level of body fat the body stops this function as a protective mechanism. the bf% varies

I don´t think I´m less than 15-16% bf...

barbellbarbie
12-26-2009, 02:35 PM
i have no idea then typically its sub10%

sassy69
12-26-2009, 10:45 PM
I´m not on Anavar but I´m not having my periods unless I´m about 10 lbs too heavy.

Do you have any recommendation how to adjust the hormone-level?

Are you on birth control? That's the exact purpose of birth control to regulate your period - not just for birth control but also has been prescribed to help manage cramping / PMS / longer periods.

I would start w/ your OB/GYN before trying to self-medicate w/ hormones.

Here is some discussion about re kick-starting your period after a cycle (amenorrhea - same thing) that you might find interesting.

http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?t=8426&highlight=women

margo
12-29-2009, 04:18 PM
I'm three weks into a cycle of 10mg EOD of test p. I seem to have night sweats..even on t3, var, or primo and now I also do on test p. They become less when I'm off. Do you think the aas can bring on penomause early? Do you think it's a side? or am I just going through menopase? I'm 45.

Are you on birth control? That's the exact purpose of birth control to regulate your period - not just for birth control but also has been prescribed to help manage cramping / PMS / longer periods.

I would start w/ your OB/GYN before trying to self-medicate w/ hormones.

Here is some discussion about re kick-starting your period after a cycle (amenorrhea - same thing) that you might find interesting.

http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?t=8426&highlight=women

No I´m not on birth control... I tried it once but didn´t feel good taking it..
Thank you so much for this link, I´m going to take a look at it :)