PDA

View Full Version : miracle noodles

tammyp
02-10-2009, 08:16 AM
i am just discovering these and love them. any recipes to share? i have been adding walden farms alfedo sauce with veggies and its really good. any others?

tommigunzzz
02-10-2009, 09:26 AM
I just heard about these this past weekend and was wondering how they are

TigerUpperCut
02-10-2009, 09:54 AM
whole wheat pasta is good

Jer
02-10-2009, 03:27 PM
Not my recipe, but it's damn good. Thanks to Annette. ;)

Today’s recipe is Kicked up Asian chicken stir fry

The star of the show today is boneless chicken breast cut into thin julienne strips (see picture below).

The supporting cast of characters is as follows:

Broccoli slaw – you can get this at your super market.

Broccoli floweret’s – Although broccoli is already shredded in this dish I add the floweret’s for texture. Food to me isn’t just about taste; I like multiple layers of texture in any dish. I find that more pleasing to the palette.

Snow peas- a must, and inexpensive

Straw mushrooms (optional)

Asian stir fry sauce- I prefer the brand I’m using. Most authentic taste out of many brands I’ve tried.

Szechuan stir fry sauce (optional) I love the heat it gives to a stir fry

Toasted peanut oil- a must for that authentic Asian taste

Shirataki Fettuccine noodles (optional) For those that shun soy products you can omit this, or if you aren’t dieting, you can certainly use any other variety of Asian noodles, or even use regular fettuccine for that matter. I’m on a keto diet year round so I use these carb-less noodles. Bobby eats the soy noodles too.

Ginger paste (optional, but suggested) or even minced ginger is great.

Lemon grass paste (optional and hard to find)

Procedure:

Get you wok smoking hot on the stove. Add 1 teaspoon toasted peanut oil, plus spray the wok with pam spray. Now add the snow peas and broccoli flowerets to the wok. Stir them around a minute or so, then add the chicken. Constantly stir(Think stir fry) til chicken looks somewhat cooked, then add the broccoli slaw/straw mushrooms . Keep everything moving in your wok. This whole dish takes 5 minutes to cook. Finally add one tablespoon of the stir fry sauce(2 tablespoons if you aren’t using Szechuan sauce)and one tablespoon of Szechuan stir fry sauce. Give everything a nice stir in the wok and plate that sucker up.

I topped my dish with some fried noodles for that extra crunch/texture.

Fats in this meal is 3 grams coming from peanut oil. I used 4 ounces of noodles which is 1.5 grams of carbs. And another 2 grams of carbs coming from the fried noodle garnish. As you see this dish is extremely low fat, and no carbs to speak of. If you are on a keto diet all you need to do is account for the 3 grams of fat and take in the rest of your healthy fats from nut oils, of fish caps (which I use a lot of).

musclegoddess65
02-11-2009, 07:26 AM
no noodles on keto :(

tight booty
02-11-2009, 07:36 AM
I can't get enough of stir fries. :p
Plus they are great to heat the next day and take with you on the go!

Mouse
02-11-2009, 07:42 AM

These apparently have 0 carbs. 0 calories in fact. They're 100% fiber.

tammyp
02-11-2009, 11:32 AM

these are no cal no carb...check out thier site.

robert da strongman
02-11-2009, 11:33 AM
link please!!!

Fitswim by Celeste
02-11-2009, 11:46 AM
www.miraclenoodle.com

robert da strongman
02-11-2009, 11:48 AM
thank you

Fitswim by Celeste
02-11-2009, 12:02 PM
tammy, do you have the hungry girl cookbook? i believe she has recipes for the shiratake noodles in there, just swap them out for miracles. i'm sure they would work just as well....

tammyp
02-11-2009, 12:04 PM
i love that book! i was just curious if anyone had others..

Fitswim by Celeste
02-11-2009, 12:07 PM
hungry girl is awesome! look forward to her emails everyday :D

Chefbone
02-16-2009, 11:43 PM
Shiraataki noodles are okay.....I tried them for the first time on Sunday. Tastes like pasta for sure.....but the noodles come out of you the same way they went in.......if you get what I'm saying.

Chef

stephaniewicked
05-09-2009, 02:45 PM
I got my order this week and just made these last night. Holy hell are they friggin' good. I wouldn't even consider buying regular spaghetti again after having this!

Suzy Brown
05-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Shiraataki noodles are okay.....I tried them for the first time on Sunday. Tastes like pasta for sure.....but the noodles come out of you the same way they went in.......if you get what I'm saying.

Chef Very toothy, yes. Gotta remember to CHEW!

stephaniewicked
05-09-2009, 03:02 PM
Very toothy, yes. Gotta remember to CHEW!

Yeah, I was having a hard time with that too... they taste good though, so I can overlook it! :p

Suzy Brown
05-09-2009, 03:04 PM
Yeah, I was having a hard time with that too... they taste good though, so I can overlook it! :p

I agree! Totally worth the odd texture to have the luxury of a big bowl of noodles!