PDA

View Full Version : Quad pain

BNJ
02-26-2009, 10:42 PM
What do you guys do about quad pain after an injection?

BULLDOZER
02-26-2009, 10:48 PM
Aw damn, quads for some guys is a bitch. They can hurt like hell for days. You can try putting heat on it and massaging it but you may have to find another spot to pin. I fucking love delts bro. It is like velvet pinning em.

BNJ
02-26-2009, 11:19 PM
Can you reach your own delt?

indianamonster1986
02-26-2009, 11:21 PM
Where in your quads do you pin? I ask this because I have some friends that were constantly complaining about how they cannot pin in their quads because it is painful. Come t find out they were pinning them in the wrong place.

maxititer
02-26-2009, 11:24 PM
if you will perform injection with very low speed, oil will have time to spread, that way pain can be greatly reduced with most kind of gear.

BULLDOZER
02-26-2009, 11:51 PM
Can you reach your own delt?
lol, yeah I have to relax my arm but I am able to get the pin to my medial delt. I ease it in slow and hardly feel a thing.

Nattynomore
02-27-2009, 08:55 AM
My last quad shot was tuesday afternoon . . . 2cc . . . half way down quad almost on the side of my leg . . . pinned it real slow, probably took a full 20 seconds . . . left pin in for another 5-10 seconds and pulled it out. Felt great the rest of the night . . . woke up on wednesday morning and felt like someone took a baseball bat to thigh . . . feel much better but still not walking right.

I think it is a really convenient location, but I think I am going to have to move on . . . I heard you get used to it though . . . is that true?????

BULLDOZER
02-27-2009, 09:06 AM
My last quad shot was tuesday afternoon . . . 2cc . . . half way down quad almost on the side of my leg . . . pinned it real slow, probably took a full 20 seconds . . . left pin in for another 5-10 seconds and pulled it out. Felt great the rest of the night . . . woke up on wednesday morning and felt like someone took a baseball bat to thigh . . . feel much better but still not walking right.

I think it is a really convenient location, but I think I am going to have to move on . . . I heard you get used to it though . . . is that true?????
Bro, I can take a shot in my glute and my delt in 2 minutes with almost zero pain but quads are odd. I shoot upper outer and some are velvet but some hit nerves that will send you through the ceiling and some seem fine but then cripple you a day later. I have tried shooting them through all this and I finally gave up. They are good for some guys but not for me. delts are cool though, you don't even feel the needle going in except when it pops the skin as long as your arm is totally relaxed. I have never once had a bad delt shot. Maybe a bleeder or when I got some bad gear that fucked you up no matter where you shoot.

Nattynomore
02-27-2009, 09:43 AM
Can delts take 2cc? I do one 1cc once a week and one 2cc once a week. Maybe the 1cc in the delt and the other in the glute??

maxititer
02-27-2009, 11:34 AM

pretty fast 20 sec,

normal speed for 2 cc of im oil injection would be about 6 minutes

Nattynomore
02-27-2009, 11:47 AM
WHAT??? lol . . . no wonder . . . I had heard 10 seconds per cc . . . that could explain it . . . maybe I won't abandon the quads just yet . . . so are you telling me a 1cc inject should take about 3 minutes?????

maxititer
02-27-2009, 12:13 PM
WHAT??? lol . . . no wonder . . . I had heard 10 seconds per cc . . . that could explain it . . . maybe I won't abandon the quads just yet . . . so are you telling me a 1cc inject should take about 3 minutes?????

that is how it is done in medical establishments :cool:

BK
02-27-2009, 01:11 PM
If i inject in the leg, i use the Rectus Femoris. It is a smaller muscle, but the pain is much less then injecting in one of the Vastus- muscle groups. I use a 23 g 1" pin too.

Jacquester
02-27-2009, 01:57 PM
Can delts take 2cc? I do one 1cc once a week and one 2cc once a week. Maybe the 1cc in the delt and the other in the glute??

1cc for each delt.

Zetawill
02-27-2009, 03:21 PM
I inject in my quads and at first it hurt like hell, but after doing it weekly, no pain. Also I've found the longer the needle the better.

BNJ
02-27-2009, 10:36 PM
Where in your quads do you pin? I ask this because I have some friends that were constantly complaining about how they cannot pin in their quads because it is painful. Come t find out they were pinning them in the wrong place.

I shot half way down my thigh on the outside.

chris d
02-28-2009, 11:17 AM
I have to tell you guys I have never heard of these long injection periods I have been to the doctor many times and have had many differnet injections but they have never taken over 10 sec or so. Also I have given myself hundreds of them and never once has it taken over 10 sec even on 5cc. I would be curious to see what Dave has to say about this?

BULLDOZER
02-28-2009, 12:03 PM
2cc's no problem in your delt, I inject it pretty quick myself. I have never timed it but there is no way it is over 30 seconds. If it is good gear I don't have any problems doing this.

Fuck, if I went 6 minutes every time I would be late for work.

maxititer
02-28-2009, 12:51 PM
also do not forget aspirate by pulling back the plunger for 5-10 sec to be sure that needle is not in the vein.

Jack of All
02-28-2009, 05:36 PM
glutes and delts are painless and I have heard nothing but bad about quads so I have never even tried.