PDA

View Full Version : Should I or shouldn't I

DAVIDHARDY
10-26-2009, 09:21 AM
I am in the 2 weeks out phase now and I think that I could get a tad better, but I'm good enough with striated glutes, quads, and hams, so I am thinking about doing a mock carb load from Wednesday-Saturday morning to see how I am going to respond come game day. Is it worth playing like this? I am still going to be working out and the intensity will actuall increase with the addition of the carbs, so will it be an accurate representation of what I will look like anyway? I am planning on doing something like this to see how it goes:

Wednesday:

Meal 1-2, normal low fat(pro veg) meals
meals 3-5, 40p, 5-10f, 50c (all potato)
meal 6- normal low fat

Thursday and Friday-
meals 1-5, 40p, 5-10f, 35-40 carb(2 oat, 3 potato)
meal 6- normal low fat

Saturday-
meals 1-2, 40p, 5-10f, 50c (1oat, 1 potato)
starting at meal 3, resume normal prep until my actual load on Wednesday.

What do y'all think about this. Will I fuck myself up or is it worth a shot?

Thanks for the input.

Scoobysnacks
10-26-2009, 11:42 AM
I am in the 2 weeks out phase now and I think that I could get a tad better, but I'm good enough with striated glutes, quads, and hams, so I am thinking about doing a mock carb load from Wednesday-Saturday morning to see how I am going to respond come game day. Is it worth playing like this? I am still going to be working out and the intensity will actuall increase with the addition of the carbs, so will it be an accurate representation of what I will look like anyway? I am planning on doing something like this to see how it goes:

Wednesday:

Meal 1-2, normal low fat(pro veg) meals
meals 3-5, 40p, 5-10f, 50c (all potato)
meal 6- normal low fat

Thursday and Friday-
meals 1-5, 40p, 5-10f, 35-40 carb(2 oat, 3 potato)
meal 6- normal low fat

Saturday-
meals 1-2, 40p, 5-10f, 50c (1oat, 1 potato)
starting at meal 3, resume normal prep until my actual load on Wednesday.

What do y'all think about this. Will I fuck myself up or is it worth a shot?

Thanks for the input.

If you truly have shredded glutes, cross striated quads, doing this wont hurt you, it will probably make you better, its not that much carbs to begin with, but I understand you are on keto and worried...I think this will actually be good for you, because under that carb "load' you will see you can do more.

When I was two week out from Juniors I was about 95% there, I did a warmup and loaded down about 1200 cabrs that day in less clean carbs than these, I ended up much harder two weeks later, course I was doing this every 7th day anyways....

TheTransformator
10-26-2009, 12:08 PM
Throw up some pics...

DAVIDHARDY
10-26-2009, 01:23 PM
If you truly have shredded glutes, cross striated quads, doing this wont hurt you, it will probably make you better, its not that much carbs to begin with, but I understand you are on keto and worried...I think this will actually be good for you, because under that carb "load' you will see you can do more.

When I was two week out from Juniors I was about 95% there, I did a warmup and loaded down about 1200 cabrs that day in less clean carbs than these, I ended up much harder two weeks later, course I was doing this every 7th day anyways....

Cool, thanks. The glutes are in and have nice lines. They tend to fade toward the end of the day on some days that I drink a lot of diet soda or eat a lot more sodium than usual, but they are there most of the time and always clearly visible in the morning. The lines are more prevelant from the side, which is why I say that they could be a tad sharper from the rear. Nonetheless, they are still striated from the rear when I flex them correctly, so I'm pretty damn excited about that. I tried to upload some pics a while back, but I got a stupid error message, so I just gave up. I was thinking that it would help me too, because I'll throw in some HIIT cardio and do some higher intensity workouts as well. Thanks again for the input.

AVBG
10-26-2009, 01:52 PM
Don't do it.

DAVIDHARDY
10-26-2009, 02:49 PM
Don't do it.

Why not bro?

DAVIDHARDY
10-27-2009, 02:43 PM

You think that I should try adding in a few more then? Like say, 40 a meal instead of 30? Thanks scooby...

AVBG
10-27-2009, 02:53 PM
Why not bro?

Firstly, if it's not in the initial comp plan and your questioning it leading in I believe it would be risky - follow your plan.

Doing shit like this would in my experience be a benefit if your ready - shredded ripped 3 weeks out not almost ready 2 weeks out.

DICE
10-27-2009, 03:39 PM
do it. You will come in tighter and harder and fuller than if you don't.

Scoobysnacks
10-27-2009, 03:41 PM
You think that I should try adding in a few more then? Like say, 40 a meal instead of 30? Thanks scooby...

Well if its me I know for a fact I could load way more, but, and I dont mean this to be taken wrong, if you dont know what you are doing in terms of sodium, potassium, 3:1 water to carbs ratios etc., you are probably better off erring on the side of a lower load. You'll at least be able to see if you spill on what you propose.

Good Luck

Ss

DAVIDHARDY
10-27-2009, 08:59 PM
Well if its me I know for a fact I could load way more, but, and I dont mean this to be taken wrong, if you dont know what you are doing in terms of sodium, potassium, 3:1 water to carbs ratios etc., you are probably better off erring on the side of a lower load. You'll at least be able to see if you spill on what you propose.

Good Luck

Ss

Yeah, I haven't really got into the ratio thing, but I figured that it would be better to underload since I'm not getting that meticuolou. I don't have anything against it, but I just don't have the time to research it now, so I'm going with a lighter load. I could be in better conditioning, but I do want to see how I'll respond to the carbs, so I'm gonna go ahead and try it. Plus, I've been Keto for so long that I think it might help by changing gears and training styles for this little bit, but we'll see. Thanks guys for the input.