PDA

View Full Version : 100 rep front squats.

Pryme
02-26-2009, 10:53 PM
So tonight not sure why, but did not feel like going heavy but felt like doing more of an endurance/shock lift.

so, I put 135 on the bar and did 10 sets of 10 reps. got um done in 35 min.

I did these front squats way below parralle, I went so my elbows were pretty much on my knees lol.

at about 70 reps I was startin to get a slight shake in my left leg but nothing serious haha.

then did the rest of my lifts.

weird thing, when backing my manual trans truck into my parking spot my left foot was shaking uncontrollably if I had the clutch in, if I let off, it was fine, very weird wonder what causes that????

anyway, bet I feel this one:D

Sistersteel
02-26-2009, 11:04 PM
wow. I'd like to know how you feel tomorrow.

Pryme
02-26-2009, 11:20 PM
wow. I'd like to know how you feel tomorrow.

I will let ya know ha. I have a slight "feeling" in my hip but its nothing. not a pain even, just feels like it was worked. :D

Arthur Early
02-26-2009, 11:31 PM
weird thing, when backing my manual trans truck into my parking spot my left foot was shaking uncontrollably if I had the clutch in, if I let off, it was fine, very weird wonder what causes that????

central nervous system is shot

Pryme
02-26-2009, 11:49 PM
central nervous system is shot

it was weird, it did not happen shifting gears but only when I needed the finess of backing up into a tight spot, it was shaking like a seizure! my truck was bucking lol. I got a few breaths and finished backing up, then walking I was back to normal? weird!!

I fell a tinge of feeling, not pain, in my outer knee, I may pay in pain for this haahaah.

Hardly Krishna
02-27-2009, 12:38 AM

one time I tore my hamstring doing sprints on a track....what sucks is my keys and my wallet were on the top of the bleachers...AND THEN I had to drive my truck (which is a stick)

kraken
02-27-2009, 12:43 AM
You are going to fun getting off the toilet in the am.

Viking
02-27-2009, 12:45 AM
Have you seen this craziness?

http://www.marunde-muscle.com/videos/sarge218lbsbw218lbsquatX98reps.wmv

Pryme
02-27-2009, 12:45 AM
You are going to fun getting off the toilet in the am.

you mean just the pain of sitting on it? ive had that, or do you mean something else lol?

Pryme
02-27-2009, 12:48 AM
Have you seen this craziness?

http://www.marunde-muscle.com/videos/sarge218lbsbw218lbsquatX98reps.wmv

I had that madness in my mind doing these 100 haha. all at once would be crazy, id go for it but would want someone to spot me!!

fronts are harder for reps imo then back though, but that is insane none the less.

kraken
02-27-2009, 12:48 AM
LOL, the pain of sitting, than having to get up afterwards. At least for me that was the horror. I will say that nothing beats the feeling of sore thighs.

Pryme
02-27-2009, 01:26 AM
LOL, the pain of sitting, than having to get up afterwards. At least for me that was the horror. I will say that nothing beats the feeling of sore thighs.

It is getting seated for me, once you are down its ok haha. I lower myself with the tub and counter top haahahah. ok enough of that.:D

maximus7
02-27-2009, 05:04 AM
hey anyone have any idea how to do front squats using smith machine? i cant unhook the bar...i'm also using padding on my chest (the bar causes pain)
thanks

Pryme
02-27-2009, 11:38 AM
hey anyone have any idea how to do front squats using smith machine? i cant unhook the bar...i'm also using padding on my chest (the bar causes pain)
thanks

unracking it would be easy, you need to just have the bar SLIGHTLY lower then your upper chest when you stand straight infront of the bar, then what I do(on free weight bb) is slightly bend at the knees, get into position, and lift it off and step back.
For you on the smith, you would need to use a underhand grip with your thumbs to roll the bar towards you then get into a comfortable position and squat.

The pad is horrible, rid yourself of it immediatly, you will have zero feeling with it on and if you ever tried it with free weights it would be dangerous.

You need to have the bar sitting in the crevice of your upper chest and front delts, I can do a front squat without even touching the bar AT ALL if my hand are out infront of me a little. you just need to get used to the feel.

Big Al
03-01-2009, 11:53 AM
I did 100s for legs - each set I would go as many reps as I could, then short break and more until get to 100. After - the next exercise. Front squats, walking lunges, leg extensions, leg curls and stiff legs deads. 500 reps all together. I saw some crazy details, especially in the teardrops, that I never saw before. And then long long painful payback....:-/ I think this kind of training is awesome as a muscle shocker once in a great while. Works for any bodypart.

Pryme
03-02-2009, 12:33 AM
Yeah, i'm sore now haha. but you're right, does bring out detail!

maximus7
03-02-2009, 04:51 AM
thanks...i'll try it tomorrow

Mike Hunt
03-02-2009, 08:19 AM
I think i might just give this a try next time when i train legs.

KEVDIESEL
03-11-2009, 12:00 AM
That's some warrior shit.

ChunkyThunder
03-15-2009, 10:38 PM
That's some warrior shit.

agreed

Once I'm back in the gym for a few months I will give this a go

iusealittle
03-15-2009, 11:44 PM
So tonight not sure why, but did not feel like going heavy but felt like doing more of an endurance/shock lift.

so, I put 135 on the bar and did 10 sets of 10 reps. got um done in 35 min.

I did these front squats way below parralle, I went so my elbows were pretty much on my knees lol.

at about 70 reps I was startin to get a slight shake in my left leg but nothing serious haha.

then did the rest of my lifts.

hmmmmm.......... sound like a good idea, painfull one but good. gotta do legs tomorrowthink ill give it a try..... fill you guys/gals in tomorrow night.

use.

BigJD69
03-16-2009, 12:18 PM
Impressive video!

iusealittle
03-17-2009, 12:37 AM
well......... im back from the leg workout.

10x10 at 135, sets 1-5 no problem set 6 right leg got a bad cramp high and out side,set 7 ok, set 8 back got pumped, 9-10 sucked huffin and puffin the hole way. but i did it and it sucked.... dont think ill be doin those for a long time.

pryme, how you legs feelin? i know how mine feel, and im gonna be heating life tomorrow night....:D

use.

iusealittle
03-17-2009, 10:45 AM
not tryin to hi-jack your thread but shit man, i just got outta bed and OMG my legs hurt.....bad!well looks like ill be living on excedrin for the next coulpe of days!:D 3 of those bad boys kills any pain i got....

my.02

Kev
03-20-2009, 01:29 PM
I used to do that same squat routine once every 5 or 6 weeks... Definitely great for hammering the endurance, and I also felt like it increased my flexibility/movement.. the weight is light enough to be explosive throughout and there's enough volume to make it worthwhile

tjoe
03-20-2009, 01:50 PM
a while ago I did 315 for 10 sets of 10 reps on regular back squats. Took me about an hour and I wanted to puke (but kept it down). Legs hurt for about 7 days!! Never did it since then. Just thought I would share.