PDA

View Full Version : what are the plans for Species Nutrition??

jh34pg
10-26-2009, 08:19 PM
ive heard good things about the products...but there a tad pricey...

im very curious as to why Species does not have any reps on bodybuilding.com to help promote their products

Carson
10-26-2009, 08:33 PM

im very curious as to why Species does not have any reps on bodybuilding.com to help promote their products

There can never be pricey. However, they're or their could be used instead.

MaverickMan
10-26-2009, 08:46 PM
Plans?

1) Make supplements.

2) :dunno:

3) Profit.

danger
10-26-2009, 08:55 PM
Word of mouth advertising goes a long way.

Lightning Bolt
10-26-2009, 08:58 PM
Maybe continue to make one of the highest quality, best tasting proteins on the market along with many other high quality products:yep:

THUNDERGOD
10-26-2009, 10:04 PM
Plans?

1) Make supplements.

2) :dunno:

3) Profit.

The supplement knomes...Kind of like those pesky underwear knomes.:)

Steve_Colescott
10-26-2009, 10:43 PM
New Products:

IV-olyze: each bag contains an 8-hour intravenous drip of amino acids and essential growth co-factors, perfect for optimizing maximum nitrogen retention!

NADolyze: the world's first transdermal delivery leutinizing-hormone stimulator in a convenient jock strap. Two sizes: medium (for juicers) and XL for natural lifters.

Snortolyze: Micronized creatine in a special ultra-fine powder perfect for nasal absorption. One line before and one after training can bring about strength gains that are nothing to sneeze at!

COMING SOON FROM SPECIES!

cookiemonster
10-26-2009, 10:45 PM

yeah, 41.99 for 2lbs of protein!? it should come with a free t shirt. haha

jh34pg
10-26-2009, 11:02 PM
New Products:

IV-olyze: each bag contains an 8-hour intravenous drip of amino acids and essential growth co-factors, perfect for optimizing maximum nitrogen retention!

NADolyze: the world's first transdermal delivery leutinizing-hormone stimulator in a convenient jock strap. Two sizes: medium (for juicers) and XL for natural lifters.

Snortolyze: Micronized creatine in a special ultra-fine powder perfect for nasal absorption. One line before and one after training can bring about strength gains that are nothing to sneeze at!

COMING SOON FROM SPECIES!

all sound like they would be best sellers in long island...

DJTree
10-26-2009, 11:34 PM
Pure Whey Isolate is a completely different animal from Whey Concentrate.
When you take a closer look at the grams of actual protein per scoop you get from many/most other proteins on the market, they dont hold a candle to what you get from a quality whey protein isolate.

in the standard 29-30 grams size scoop, most commercial whey concentrates or blends yield 16-21 grams of protein (and I have seen as low as 12g), while a quality whey isolate yields 25-27 grams.

In addition, being completely lactose free may aid in absorption and prevents stomach discomfort in those who are sensitive.

0 carbs, 0 sugar, 100-110 calories per serving, and 26-27g of pure protein isolate in each scoop. You can't beat that value honestly.

In short, you'll get what you pay for, and the results will reflect that. If you're even considering trying Species, don't let the price deter you, the quality is top of the line, and you'll know it when you use the products.

-Dave

NPCKnight
10-27-2009, 12:48 AM
DJTree and Cookie monster....open your eyes. Whey Protein Isolate that is cold filtrered is as low as 7.89 a pound at trueprotein. there is no reason for tubs to be more than $30- LET ALONE 41.99.
Sorry Species...you make a great product line but this is the TRUTH.

Youngguns
10-27-2009, 12:54 AM
DJTree and Cookie monster....open your eyes. Whey Protein Isolate that is cold filtrered is as low as 7.89 a pound at trueprotein. there is no reason for tubs to be more than $30- LET ALONE 41.99.
You're poor bro.

Barrett
10-27-2009, 03:40 AM

x26793245

jh34pg
10-27-2009, 07:25 AM
You're poor bro.

so is most of the country...

Dade
10-27-2009, 08:34 AM
Species makes the best protein I've ever tried, mixes with a spoon and tastes incredible.

JasonR
10-27-2009, 10:13 AM
Oh boy I see a war a brewing.

MichaelWayne
10-27-2009, 10:19 AM
Word of mouth advertising goes a long way.

Agree. That and going to shows...seems to be working for Author pretty damned good. There is so much crap in magazines you don't know good from bad, you get a guy willing to meet you face to face, sells you a WORKING product (you get what you pay for) and 90% of the time you will re-buy or tell a friend.

Tell ya one thing though, if he could start putting Mac Oil in supermarkets he'd make a fortune! :yep:

Matt Meinrod
10-27-2009, 10:19 AM
Quality products, great packaging, *not thrilled on the fabric they are using for their t-shirts haha...bottom line if you don't want to use Species nobody is holding a gun to your head.

ironmudd
10-27-2009, 11:14 AM
You're poor bro.

Poor or just spends intelligently? Personally, I pay $6/lb for whey isolate, I'm sure Isolyze tastes great and is great quality but there is no way it is that much better. I couldn't justify spending that much more for the Isolyze. That's not a knock against Dave, I trust him to make a great product but I'd have to wonder if they could make more money by lowering the price and moving higher volume of product. As the owner of the company, that's his business decision to make.

robofsteel
10-27-2009, 12:54 PM
IronMudd- Who do you get whey isolate from for $6/lb? Im sure its not a supplement company. It would have to be a protein manufacturer that sells direct to the public(trueproteins).

ironmudd
10-27-2009, 02:37 PM
http://www.dpsnutrition.net/get_item_aw007.htm
http://vitaglo.com/2149.html

I usually use one of these two. I realize the percentage of protein isn't the same due to the flavoring, so it's not ideal for a person on a keto diet, but for the price it does the job for me. I'd like to use Species and even if the price was slightly higher I'd give it a shot because I believe it's high quality, but I couldn't justify spending $17 per pound on protein.

jh34pg
10-27-2009, 05:47 PM
strongly agree ironmudd

gresh
10-27-2009, 06:20 PM
A pretty good reason to pay more for the Species over American Whey :D
http://74.6.239.67/search/cache?ei=UTF-8&p=american+whey+rat&fr=slv8-tyc8&u=www.krgv.com/news/local/story/Rat-Urine-Feces-in-Protein-Supplement/hxQEsxu1rUeSku9V1pQnxw.cspx%3Frss%3D1652&w=american+whey+rat+rats&d=Pr6Rjt29Tk0Z&icp=1&.intl=us&sig=aU.jVzn.WSOkocD2Xp2.Tw (http://74.6.239.67/search/cache?ei=UTF-8&p=american+whey+rat&fr=slv8-tyc8&u=www.krgv.com/news/local/story/Rat-Urine-Feces-in-Protein-Supplement/hxQEsxu1rUeSku9V1pQnxw.cspx%3Frss%3D1652&w=american+whey+rat+rats&d=Pr6Rjt29Tk0Z&icp=1&.intl=us&sig=aU.jVzn.WSOkocD2Xp2.Tw)--

NPCKnight
10-28-2009, 01:25 AM
There is no way Whey Protein Isolate should be over $10 a lb.

Species can do it...they just dont want/care to.

In a nation where the economy blows...and people have less money to spend...they sell their protein for $18-20 PER POUND.

As I have said before, I think Dave is a great guy and so are all the people who work for him. He also has great products(but the same quality can be found elsewhere). And when you aren't the ONLY one producing something and it can be had for half the price...I find that appalling to say the least. It not only shows me that they dont want to go out of their way for the consumer to begin with(and are overly concerned about making profit)...but even after they have made a fair amount of money they are not willing to compromise and come down to a REASONABLE price.

I don't know about you but I don't need cool NEON green tubs. Lets make them a thing of the past...collectors edition if you will and get the cheapest GOOD tubs available..(similar to what TP uses?)

Aside from that you have raw material which we can see what the public can buy for while STILL making a supplier happy(trueprotein) and then you add flavoring. Economical packaging and CHARGE for shipping and I still think they will make a good profit at $10/lb with plenty more appreciation and support for the company and how it is not only willing to PROVIDE the best product to the consumers, but willing to find a medium where you are not CAPITALIZING on from what I can see as pretty large profits.

End rant.

Or has trueprotein just monopolized the industry as far as Protein Isolates?

robofsteel
10-28-2009, 08:28 AM
Can anyone please tell me what supplement company is selling 100% whey protein isolate for $6-$10/lb pound? If there was no trueprotein or another company like that whose protein would you buy? The cost of the green tubs over a plain black tub is not great. We dont just sell protein to the end user we sell it to stores who put it on a shelf. The green tub stands out on a shelf next to our competitors. If anyone on here is attending the Easterns in NYC on Nov. 14th please stop by the Species booth and I would love to explain this whole situation in person. Its not as cut and dry as it seems. This industry is like an onion it has many layers! LOL

NPCKnight
10-28-2009, 08:50 AM
I suppose that is true, Rob.
I hope you accept the fact that I am providing a consumer view and do not take it as a personal attack. I do like the product.

I have nothing left to say except my viewpoint is MOSTLY the same as far as frustration wise...although I do appreciate your response. I guess it just sucks that TP is out there lol. Other than that, there is Allthewhey but I cannot vouch for their quality because I dont believe their Isolate is REALLY 100% isolate...but that is another story.

robofsteel
10-28-2009, 09:04 PM
I dont take it as a personal attack at all. I grew up in a huge Italian family now there we had some personal attacks! LOL. Seriously, we don't make as much as you would think on the Isolyze. Please stop by one of our booths at a show and I will hook you up! That I can do. Thanks for supporting Species and I appreciate your honesty.

GENESIS
10-28-2009, 09:12 PM
Make Money

Caleb56
10-29-2009, 07:46 AM
A pretty good reason to pay more for the Species over American Whey :D
http://74.6.239.67/search/cache?ei=UTF-8&p=american+whey+rat&fr=slv8-tyc8&u=www.krgv.com/news/local/story/Rat-Urine-Feces-in-Protein-Supplement/hxQEsxu1rUeSku9V1pQnxw.cspx%3Frss%3D1652&w=american+whey+rat+rats&d=Pr6Rjt29Tk0Z&icp=1&.intl=us&sig=aU.jVzn.WSOkocD2Xp2.Tw (http://74.6.239.67/search/cache?ei=UTF-8&p=american+whey+rat&fr=slv8-tyc8&u=www.krgv.com/news/local/story/Rat-Urine-Feces-in-Protein-Supplement/hxQEsxu1rUeSku9V1pQnxw.cspx%3Frss%3D1652&w=american+whey+rat+rats&d=Pr6Rjt29Tk0Z&icp=1&.intl=us&sig=aU.jVzn.WSOkocD2Xp2.Tw)--
Thats just extra protein.

pumpingiron
10-30-2009, 11:52 PM
Can anyone please tell me what supplement company is selling 100% whey protein isolate for $6-$10/lb pound? If there was no trueprotein or another company like that whose protein would you buy? The cost of the green tubs over a plain black tub is not great. We dont just sell protein to the end user we sell it to stores who put it on a shelf. The green tub stands out on a shelf next to our competitors. If anyone on here is attending the Easterns in NYC on Nov. 14th please stop by the Species booth and I would love to explain this whole situation in person. Its not as cut and dry as it seems. This industry is like an onion it has many layers! LOL

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/allthewhey/isolate.html
then after the 10% discount from bb.com

$7.20/lb?

robofsteel
11-03-2009, 09:36 AM
Codymichaud- All the Whey is a protein manufacturer. They make the product! Again any other supplement company that isnt a manufacturer that is selling 100% whey protein isolate for under $10.00 per pound? I cant find one.

pumpingiron
11-03-2009, 05:08 PM
Codymichaud- All the Whey is a protein manufacturer. They make the product! Again any other supplement company that isnt a manufacturer that is selling 100% whey protein isolate for under $10.00 per pound? I cant find one.

good point, sounds like you guys need to start manufacturing your own protein! that way poor kids like myself can afford it

robofsteel
11-03-2009, 05:52 PM
I wish we could. The start up costs would be over whelming. Its not as easy as it sounds. We are always looking for a better way though to get a quality product to our customers!

Justin
12-15-2009, 04:35 PM
And if you compare ATW to Isolyze.....well try it. It doesnt mix as well, the texture is, well - "different. And Im not AT ALL a fan of how it tastes.

GDavis
12-15-2009, 09:17 PM
Dave continues to promote his new mineral supplement on Heavy Muscle Radio. Any specific details on what will make his better than another product already on the market?

robofsteel
12-16-2009, 08:02 AM
I have not seen the formula. Detail will follow as soon as I have any.