PDA

View Full Version : Tips & Tricks

Norseman
10-26-2009, 11:50 PM
I'm sure we all have come up with things that make it easier in our daily lives to keep the nutrition end of our BB lifestyles up. this is the thread to share those tricks.
I'll start :
Shakes ! like everyone else i started out making "monster" shakes. Putting everything but the kitchen sink into them, filling the whole blender, chucking it down and then needing 2 hours to digest it.
i finally thought about the fact that all i really needed was to get the protein powder in my body and if i could make it convenient, even better.
Here's how i do it now a days:
2 scoops of PB (optional) and 4 scoops of protein powder into a blender. fill with two 16,9FL OZ ( the regular small bottles) water bottles. ad another 4 scoops of protein powder ( it mixes better that way when you don't have all the powder on top). your regular blender should be full. Blend. now you can fill 4-5 of the small water bottles half way. that's 2 scoops of powder a bottle. put those in your fridge and you have a readyly available source of protein all day/ night. half a bottle is easy to drink, doesn't make you feel bloated and since it's mixed with water you can even throw one or two into a bag and carry them around. they're great when i'm at work or when i get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. double up and you're good for 2 days with 5min of prep time.

Northman
10-26-2009, 11:54 PM
I put grits and macadamia nut oil in my shakes all the time~

KD2552
10-27-2009, 12:40 AM
Just curious, how long does the protein stay stable after its mixed and put in the bottle?

Norseman
10-27-2009, 02:30 AM
i pushed it as far as 3 days. the powder settles and you just have to re shake it.

Norseman
10-27-2009, 02:35 AM
how about a jar of baby food for a quick pick me up ? it doesn't rot like fruit and as long as you buy the infant stuff ( they put sugar into the baby food) you're OK on excessive sugar. only the fruit ones though, the other stuff is horrible. you can even pour a jar over rice for some flavor.