PDA

View Full Version : Blu Bulks for some Big Ones Journal

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

blu2xtreme
10-29-2009, 12:35 AM
I started a " Lean Bulk " a few weeks ago - it is my personal challenge to see how much I can improve by The Arnold.
I have gotten some basic advice on what to do but still pretty much in the dark about it all.
Spent most of my life dieting ( starving ) so adding size is a new direction.
A month ago I was 125 - I looked and felt like crap - I literally have to starve to maintain that weight - and I didn't even look good.
At 129 today feel way stronger and look better.
Against popular opinion ( family - friends ) I have chosen to get as muscular as my body can achieve.
I know you are all great and I need that kind of help.

blu2xtreme
10-29-2009, 12:58 AM
Just some personal pics I had - I can see an improvement from just adding more food and training a little heavier.

Oct 9 -
http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss190/blu2xtreme/013.jpg

Oct 17-
http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss190/blu2xtreme/034-1.jpghttp://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss190/blu2xtreme/039.jpg

Oct 24-
http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss190/blu2xtreme/022.jpghttp://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss190/blu2xtreme/007.jpg

blu2xtreme
10-29-2009, 01:19 AM
Food today - off training day - Cardio am - 30 mins treadmill inclines ( I need to find my heart monitor )

meal 1- Oatmeal-1/2scoop whey-2 serving egg whites
meal 2- Chicken 3 oz - ff cottage cheese 1/2 cup-almonds 1/2 serving
meal 3- 1 scoop whey -2 T peanut butter
meal 4- 3 servings egg whites -3oz chicken

totals -cal -963
fat-33.0
carbs 48.6
protein-119

what I know is off - I was short 1 meal because I was at Church and was short of time and I did not have enough food for any kind of bulk

gman
10-29-2009, 04:44 AM
I am sure it took some new found courage to start a journal...we will visit and keep you honest.

here is my advice on the food based on yesterday, since you are trying to bulk

whole eggs instead of egg whites, or in additon.

regular cottage cheese, not fat free

2 scoops of whey instead of 1.

Ezekiel bread or brown rice with a meal or two

green veggies, a lot!

freebirdmac
10-29-2009, 06:06 AM
What's your height and age? What have your typical cals looked like for the past month? What does your workout routine look like?

buckimscl
10-29-2009, 06:36 AM
Blu, looks as though you should bump up the cals. Lean proteins, healthy fats adn complex carbs should be the order. I would consume the bulk of my carbs earlier in the day as well. I agree with what Gman said!

Baldiewonkanobi
10-29-2009, 07:28 AM
Yipes you're just a kid. What are you doing in here??

I always had my lady trainees take psycillium seed DAILY to stay regular. A problem with man and women but you girlies get really clogged up on these Keto ish diets. I would also add an all greens salad made with olive oil and vinegar dressing.

We want to see a happy Blu not Ms Kranky Pants....OK?

Baldie

GirlyMuscle
10-29-2009, 07:33 AM
Woohoo! A new journal! Congrats!

I agree...more calories!!! If you are indeed doing a bulk I would think that you should be somewhere around 2000 a day AT LEAST.

blu2xtreme
10-29-2009, 08:56 AM
I am sure it took some new found courage to start a journal...we will visit and keep you honest.

here is my advice on the food based on yesterday, since you are trying to bulk

whole eggs instead of egg whites, or in additon.

regular cottage cheese, not fat free

2 scoops of whey instead of 1.

Ezekiel bread or brown rice with a meal or two

green veggies, a lot!

Thanks Mike you have been a great help so far - I just don't always do as well as I know I should - especially food wise - great ideas to get some extra calories in with feeling like I ate a lot more.

What's your height and age? What have your typical cals looked like for the past month? What does your workout routine look like?

Have to leave for work so I will add more on the workout tomorrow - I am off on Fridays.
5'2 45 yrs old I do a 5 day split workout rest on Weds and Sundays cardio in am 4-5 times a week.
Calories the last 3 weeks coming in around 1100-1200 a day before that staying near 1000

blu2xtreme
10-29-2009, 09:03 AM
Blu, looks as though you should bump up the cals. Lean proteins, healthy fats adn complex carbs should be the order. I would consume the bulk of my carbs earlier in the day as well. I agree with what Gman said!
Need some bumping for sure :)

I always had my lady trainees take psycillium seed DAILY to stay regular. A problem with man and women but you girlies get really clogged up on these Keto ish diets. I would also add an all greens salad made with olive oil and vinegar dressing.

Baldie

Wish I was a kid...old lady here and needing help from my follow oldies:p
Thanks Baldie

Woohoo! A new journal! Congrats!

I agree...more calories!!! If you are indeed doing a bulk I would think that you should be somewhere around 2000 a day AT LEAST.

Coming to this site and seeing how great you, MG65 and the other women look has been a great inspiration to go forward with my quest for bigger everything:yep:
Will be moving calories up - I was thinking it might be better to add them slowly since I have been running on such a calorie deficient for so long.

freebirdmac
10-29-2009, 09:41 AM
Yikes girl! This is so the time for your to do some bulking up. Not only to build some muscle but to also get your metabolism working again. Those cals are nuts!!!!!

Your maintenance should be around 1900 cals! Get them up! Add about 100 cals a week. Yep, you'll feel stuffed, yep you'll have bloating, but your body will adjust. Get in your 1-1.5g of protein per pound of body weight, .3-.5g of good fats, and 25g of fiber per day. All of your other cals can come from whatever macro you want. I'm not a fan of keto :hypno: but I'm not a fan of going overboard on the carbs either. I like moderation. Get some fish oil in there, olive oil, sweet potatoes, brown rice, quinoa, veggies, good fruits like bananas, and use whole protein sources instead of shakes as much as you can. I'd also drop the cardio back to 2-3 times a week.

blu2xtreme
10-29-2009, 10:10 AM
Yikes girl! This is so the time for your to do some bulking up. Not only to build some muscle but to also get your metabolism working again. Those cals are nuts!!!!!

Your maintenance should be around 1900 cals! Get them up! Add about 100 cals a week. Yep, you'll feel stuffed, yep you'll have bloating, but your body will adjust. Get in your 1-1.5g of protein per pound of body weight, .3-.5g of good fats, and 25g of fiber per day. All of your other cals can come from whatever macro you want. I'm not a fan of keto :hypno: but I'm not a fan of going overboard on the carbs either. I like moderation. Get some fish oil in there, olive oil, sweet potatoes, brown rice, quinoa, veggies, good fruits like bananas, and use whole protein sources instead of shakes as much as you can. I'd also drop the cardio back to 2-3 times a week.

Great advice thanks
I do use whey shakes to much - I guess because I get cal. and protein without the full feeling. Will add more real food - using Fitday which really helps me see what I haven't eaten. Will work my way back up to maintenance and work through that full bloated feeling that I hate. Will cut cardio down to 3 days a week:)

GirlyMuscle
10-29-2009, 10:26 AM
Increase by about 250 per day per week until you get to your desired amount but start at 1200 at the lowest.

blu2xtreme
10-29-2009, 10:28 AM
Increase by about 250 per day per week until you get to your desired amount but start at 1200 at the lowest.

Thanks that should be do able

Down4whatever
10-29-2009, 10:43 AM
Wow, I have a few lil' birdies in my back yard that ate more calories than you did yesterday.....

I'm in for the long haul!! :yep:

Say goodbye to calorie deficiencies :byeb:

musclemilf
10-29-2009, 10:54 AM
Hi blu. I'll be following along as well. I don't have much to add except to train heavy and eat. Everyone is so different. For me, I have to train heavy for my body to respond. High reps, light weights doesn't cut it for me, even now that I'm in contest prep mode.

Sledge
10-29-2009, 12:00 PM
Great to see your log here. I agree with the others with increasing the cals. Though I understand the mental barriers your going to have to push through to eat more and watch the scales go up for a change. But your on the right track already.

bodyhard
10-29-2009, 12:31 PM
Hey Blu I guess I would be the outsider here and ask, why the hell you want to bulk?

I am sure you are aware that with a bulk comes added fat and then the dieting. Why not continue eating to add LBM slowly and maintain your figure?

gman
10-29-2009, 12:41 PM
I think that's the plan John...I think she meant slow bulk.

blu2xtreme
10-29-2009, 03:40 PM
I think that's the plan John...I think she meant slow bulk.

You got it Mike trying to do a slower lean bulk.

Bodyhard - not afraid of some added weight - actually do better at 135
not really the girlie girl type so not way worried about my girlish figure:)
I find muscle very attractive on men and women

musclegoddess65
10-29-2009, 04:24 PM
I started a " Lean Bulk " a few weeks ago - it is my personal challenge to see how much I can improve by The Arnold.
I have gotten some basic advice on what to do but still pretty much in the dark about it all.
Spent most of my life dieting ( starving ) so adding size is a new direction.
A month ago I was 125 - I looked and felt like crap - I literally have to starve to maintain that weight - and I didn't even look good.
At 129 today feel way stronger and look better.
Against popular opinion ( family - friends ) I have chosen to get as muscular as my body can achieve.
I know you are all great and I need that kind of help.

most of my family does not get why I want to be muscular... I don't look like a man for gosh sakes I look feminine and muscular... but OMG my mother loves to tell me how gross it is... whatever!

do what you need to do for you! YOU live in your body!!!

gman
10-29-2009, 04:24 PM
your oct 9 pic is too skinny...two weeks later, you look much healthier.

gman
10-29-2009, 04:25 PM
most of my family does not get why I want to be muscular... I don't look like a man for gosh sakes I look feminine and muscular... but OMG my mother loves to tell me how gross it is... whatever!

do what you need to do for you! YOU live in your body!!!

I am not trying to flirt, Kim, but you look damn good with muscles...I wish more women weren't afraid to develop some.

blu2xtreme
10-29-2009, 04:26 PM
Wow, I have a few lil' birdies in my back yard that ate more calories than you did yesterday.....

I'm in for the long haul!! :yep:

Say goodbye to calorie deficiencies :byeb:

Glad to have you along for the ride:)

Hi blu. I'll be following along as well. I don't have much to add except to train heavy and eat. Everyone is so different. For me, I have to train heavy for my body to respond. High reps, light weights doesn't cut it for me, even now that I'm in contest prep mode.

Got the lift heavy thing down...the eating takes some work.

Great to see your log here. I agree with the others with increasing the cals. Though I understand the mental barriers your going to have to push through to eat more and watch the scales go up for a change. But your on the right track already.

The results are well worth it ...so I will get use to the scale going up.

musclegoddess65
10-29-2009, 04:27 PM

Baldie

even with psycillium I had issues... even with fibrolyze... but then that has never been a normal issue for me...

musclegoddess65
10-29-2009, 04:31 PM
I am not trying to flirt, Kim, but you look damn good with muscles...I wish more women weren't afraid to develop some.

sweetie you can flirt any time... its ok... really... it took me some time to get used to it myself, mainly because I was so worried what others thought.. now... I LOVE the way my body looks.. ok not this second cause I have about 20 lbs to drop but in general...

blu2xtreme
10-29-2009, 06:27 PM
Had 3 meals so far today - much better then normal don't have stats. I'm at work and didnt plug it into fitday yet. Tonight is Chest night - I never workout until late when the family is settled for the night.
Will post both late tonight - hopefully a better food day:)

freebirdmac
10-29-2009, 06:38 PM
Even when I'm leaning out I don't eat under 1500 cals.

blu2xtreme
10-29-2009, 06:45 PM
Even when I'm leaning out I don't eat under 1500 cals.

Not sure how I got there ...just got to a point that I wasn't hungry so I wouldn't eat - or I would be busy doing everything for the family when I got home so I would think I would eat later - then later would come and I would have to work out. Don't like working out before I eat so I would drink some coffee or down a superpump and workout. It's then 10pm and who wants to eat so I have a whey shake. Then one day - I look like crap and feel think crap and my lifts are crap ...so here I am:)

blu2xtreme
10-29-2009, 06:49 PM

Mike - have you learned nothing from me yet...when you say your not flirting it sounds more like a flirt;)

I agree with you - Kim is hot;)

See Mike that is how you do it:p

gman
10-29-2009, 07:11 PM
Mike - have you learned nothing from me yet...when you say your not flirting it sounds more like a flirt;)

I agree with you - Kim is hot;)

See Mike that is how you do it:p

I guess I am still learning.

Kim is hot, that's for sure. Lucky guy got her.

blu2xtreme
10-29-2009, 07:21 PM
I guess I am still learning.

Kim is hot, that's for sure. Lucky guy got her.

Much better - sexy boy :hypno:

gman
10-29-2009, 07:24 PM
Thanks, Blu....I think?

On the food, remember to ditch the fat free stuff...fat is your friend right now...it will get your calories up without you having to eat a lot more volume.

blu2xtreme
10-29-2009, 08:39 PM
Thanks, Blu....I think?

On the food, remember to ditch the fat free stuff...fat is your friend right now...it will get your calories up without you having to eat a lot more volume.

Will work on that - when I grocery shop this weekend
Feel way to full from eating 3 meals so far today - wish me luck getting 2 more in:)

gman
10-29-2009, 08:41 PM
2 tbsp of pb, and 2 scoops of whey in a glass of whole milk.

blu2xtreme
10-29-2009, 08:48 PM
2 tbsp of pb, and 2 scoops of whey in a glass of whole milk.

Ok ...but you are going to get me in trouble :(

That won't work I only have unsweeten almond milk

gman
10-29-2009, 08:50 PM
that will work just fine...quality calories, same volume as a glass of water, so why not get the calories.

where the hell does anyone find almond milk?

blu2xtreme
10-29-2009, 08:59 PM
that will work just fine...quality calories, same volume as a glass of water, so why not get the calories.

where the hell does anyone find almond milk?

Whole foods most of the time - but sometimes Walmart carries it - I get it for my daughter because she loves special k cereal with the chocolate flakes - but almond milk has less fat and calories then reg milk and she won't drink fat free milk.

gman
10-29-2009, 09:00 PM
wish we had Whole Foods, everyone raves about it but they don't have a store here that I know of.

blu2xtreme
10-29-2009, 09:06 PM
wish we had Whole Foods, everyone raves about it but they don't have a store here that I know of.

We have a bunch here ...pretty cool store.
If your ever out here - there's one near the strip - check it out.

Nice chatting with you in 2 different threads:)

gman
10-29-2009, 09:12 PM
our area is bigger than LV, but you seem to have more stuff there...

I won't visit that store if I come out since I can't buy a bunch of stuff and bring it home...why bother going, it will just make me mad!

freebirdmac
10-29-2009, 09:34 PM
Mike, Farm Fresh carries almond milk in the organic section.

Blu, you're not trying to do keto on a bulk are you?

When I had to drive my cals up I just went straight up, no inching up. Force fed myself and got used to the "I'm going to barf" feeling :) It gradually got better over two months. And I couldn't do shakes. It was all from whole foods. So suck it up sister!

blu2xtreme
10-29-2009, 09:40 PM
Mike, Farm Fresh carries almond milk in the organic section.

Blu, you're not trying to do keto on a bulk are you?

When I had to drive my cals up I just went straight up, no inching up. Force fed myself and got used to the "I'm going to barf" feeling :) It gradually got better over two months. And I couldn't do shakes. It was all from whole foods. So suck it up sister!

Not trying to do keto - just not fond of carbs - need to remember they are my friend.
I think you might be right - I feel so full I could easily not eat again tonight - yes I feel that I could barf if I even drink water at this point.
I will have to suck it up - 2 months is long yucky.

freebirdmac
10-29-2009, 09:45 PM
Not trying to do keto - just not fond of carbs - need to remember they are my friend.
I think you might be right - I feel so full I could easily not eat again tonight - yes I feel that I could barf if I even drink water at this point.
I will have to suck it up - 2 months is long yucky.

It's the price we pay :) I was eating 1000-1200 after all my food stuff hit. I had trouble figuring out what I could eat, then got used to the low cals. Upping them seemed to cause instant weight gain. Fortunately Amanda on the other site straightened me out. I jumped the cals to 1800 and used the time to bulk. It was this time of year too.

You're right, carbs are not the enemy. Oats, sweet potatoes, bananas, apples, brown rice, and dark chocolate :) are good foods.

blu2xtreme
10-29-2009, 10:01 PM
It's the price we pay :) I was eating 1000-1200 after all my food stuff hit. I had trouble figuring out what I could eat, then got used to the low cals. Upping them seemed to cause instant weight gain. Fortunately Amanda on the other site straightened me out. I jumped the cals to 1800 and used the time to bulk. It was this time of year too.

You're right, carbs are not the enemy. Oats, sweet potatoes, bananas, apples, brown rice, and dark chocolate :) are good foods.

Amanda is great she helped me a lot when I first got over there.
Love all those carbs but the chocolate - so working them in should be easy
It's all a mindset - thanks

freebirdmac
10-29-2009, 10:05 PM
You don't like chocolate or just dark chocolate?

blu2xtreme
10-29-2009, 10:15 PM
You don't like chocolate or just dark chocolate?

Don't like chocolate ...
I am odd :dunno:

I am eating brown rice with my eggs tonight:)

freebirdmac
10-29-2009, 10:23 PM
Don't like chocolate ...

:eek: You are totally weird!!!!!!!!!

Good job on the brown rice! Ever try quinoa?

blu2xtreme
10-29-2009, 10:35 PM
:eek: You are totally weird!!!!!!!!!

Good job on the brown rice! Ever try quinoa?

Yes I love it ...
love all the good stuff
So I am going to do great at this :yep:
Any suggestions on how to lessen this bloated feeling?

Wish you were going to be at the Arnold - would of loved to meet you:)

blu2xtreme
10-30-2009, 12:51 AM
Food macros better today - working my way up - can't say I feel great about how I feel but I will get there.
Meal 1-Oatmeal/1 scoop whey/1 serving egg whites/1 T PB
Meal 2-Hickory tuna 1 pkg /1/2 c ff cottage cheese
Meal 3- 1 scoop whey
Meal 4- 3 whole eggs - 1/2 cup brown rice
Meal 5 - 1 scoop whey / 1 T PB
Cals 1,273
fat 43.1
carbs 56.8
pro 161.7

Work out - I workout at home - so somewhat limited and no spotter
working my way back to heavy lifting

Chest workout
BB Bench Press
1 x 10 x 65
1 x 8 x 75
1 x 8 x 85

Decline db press
1 x 12 x 25
2 x 10 x 30

DB incline flyes
1 x 10 x 20
2 x 10 x 25

Bent arm db pullover
1 x 12 x 25
1 x 10 x 30

gman
10-30-2009, 05:00 AM
Important thing is you are eating 1g per pound of protein....if you had eaten the same grams of carbs today as protein, you would have been pretty close to 1800.

Uncle Ben's microwave brown rice would be good on this bulk...they added some fat to it so it would cook better in the microwave. It comes in a pouch so you could nibble it between meals and not have to eat it all at once. I belive one pouch is about 350-400 calories! :eek It also comes in 3-4 flavors. My favorite is the southwestern style.

good chest workout, too.

hint on the pullovers, at least for me, the more I bend my arms, the more it becomes a tricep exercise...try them with straight arms one time and don't try to go as far down in back, then concentrate on using your chest to pull the weight back up instead of arms. you should feel your upper pecs where they meet your armpits doing the work.

works for me at least.

buckimscl
10-30-2009, 06:37 AM
Hey Blu. Good job on the eating and training.

bodyhard
10-30-2009, 10:39 AM
You got it Mike trying to do a slower lean bulk.

Bodyhard - not afraid of some added weight - actually do better at 135
not really the girlie girl type so not way worried about my girlish figure:)
I find muscle very attractive on men and women

I feel ya, wasn't trying to state to worry about a girlie figure you do what you think is best for you, fuck what every one else think. I was just stating that since you gain fat easily that going on a bulk could be detrimental to your goal, so make sure it is a clean bulk.

Just as me, I lose weight very easily so when I start to cut I have to be extremely careful or I would look like a twig.

Good luck on the bulk, looking forward to the change!

Big Ups!

bigdaddyd
10-30-2009, 10:42 AM
WOOHOO...a new journal!!

Good for you! You have a ton of experience in here for you!

Baldiewonkanobi
10-30-2009, 11:14 AM
Before the Devil popped up and said..."Fuck you girl" to my wife (auto immune disorder, stroke, breast cancer) she trained with me and developed some great girlie muscle. A womens BB mag did a layout on her. No idea where those pics would be. All I have is this bicep shot standing in a meadow in Yosemite Natl Park.

Baldie

blu2xtreme
10-30-2009, 11:30 AM
Important thing is you are eating 1g per pound of protein....if you had eaten the same grams of carbs today as protein, you would have been pretty close to 1800.

Uncle Ben's microwave brown rice would be good on this bulk...they added some fat to it so it would cook better in the microwave. It comes in a pouch so you could nibble it between meals and not have to eat it all at once. I belive one pouch is about 350-400 calories! :eek It also comes in 3-4 flavors. My favorite is the southwestern style.

good chest workout, too.

hint on the pullovers, at least for me, the more I bend my arms, the more it becomes a tricep exercise...try them with straight arms one time and don't try to go as far down in back, then concentrate on using your chest to pull the weight back up instead of arms. you should feel your upper pecs where they meet your armpits doing the work.

works for me at least.

Thanks Mike love your tips - it really helps
I use those micro brown rice packs for the family - thats where I got the my brown rice from last night. - They love the brown and wild. There's a new garlic brown and wild now too. I like the southwest one also -family is not fond of it - so I don't get it often .

Hey Blu. Good job on the eating and training.

WOOHOO...a new journal!!

Good for you! You have a ton of experience in here for you!

Thank you boys - experience and encouragement what I need - I have know one here in my life that trains and knows anything about bb - my son trains - but he is 21 and can put muscle on like crazy- no plan to it at all.

gman
10-30-2009, 11:32 AM
Before the Devil popped up and said..."Fuck you girl" to my wife (auto immune disorder, stroke, breast cancer) she trained with me and developed some great girlie muscle. A womens BB mag did a layout on her. No idea where those pics would be. All I have is this bicep shot standing in a meadow in Yosemite Natl Park.

Baldie

Holy Guns, batman!

buckimscl
10-30-2009, 11:33 AM
Blu, I changed my avi just for you :)

freebirdmac
10-30-2009, 11:35 AM
Yes I love it ...
love all the good stuff
So I am going to do great at this :yep:
Any suggestions on how to lessen this bloated feeling?

Wish you were going to be at the Arnold - would of loved to meet you:)

Drink lots of water, remember it's almost all hydration, and have patience. It'll resolve itself. When you start having hunger pangs with all of that food you'll know you're progressing. Your lifting ability should improve quite a bit as well.

Yeah, I wish I could go. One of these years!

I feel ya, wasn't trying to state to worry about a girlie figure you do what you think is best for you, fuck what every one else think. I was just stating that since you gain fat easily that going on a bulk could be detrimental to your goal, so make sure it is a clean bulk.

Just as me, I lose weight very easily so when I start to cut I have to be extremely careful or I would look like a twig.

Big Ups!

Blu's been undereating for so long that anytime she puts extra food in her she bloats and thinks she's getting fat. I mean really, 900 calories. Sometimes you really do need to eat more to lose.

Baldie

You need to find those picts! She looks great in that photo but it'd be nice to get a closer shot :)

blu2xtreme
10-30-2009, 11:39 AM

Big Ups!

I will for sure keep it a clean bulk - your right I do worry about gaining weight so I will watch it close and keep it in check.
Liking how things are going so far - 3 weeks in since changing things up and feeling a heck of a lot better.
Big ups back at ya:)

blu2xtreme
10-30-2009, 11:39 AM

Baldie

So sorry about your wife Baldie - one of my best friends has breast cancer and it's been a long hard haul for her - and she also was a total athelte and now she is so weak - hard to see her like this.
Your Wife looks awesome in the pic - you are an awesome man I can hear the love for her in you words - we all should have that love.

gman
10-30-2009, 11:42 AM
Baldie's wife is someone I hope to meet someday, what an inspiration

blu2xtreme
10-30-2009, 11:44 AM
Blu, I changed my avi just for you :)

I really like this one ...kind of sexy:p

buckimscl
10-30-2009, 11:45 AM
Want some chocolate little girl. I'm jk......maybe;)

gman
10-30-2009, 11:46 AM
not seeing the sexy in the avatar, sorry

blu2xtreme
10-30-2009, 11:49 AM
Drink lots of water, remember it's almost all hydration, and have patience. It'll resolve itself. When you start having hunger pangs with all of that food you'll know you're progressing. Your lifting ability should improve quite a bit as well.

Yeah, I wish I could go. One of these years!

Blu's been undereating for so long that anytime she puts extra food in her she bloats and thinks she's getting fat. I mean really, 900 calories. Sometimes you really do need to eat more to lose.

You need to find those picts! She looks great in that photo but it'd be nice to get a closer shot :)

Thanks Pam will drink lots of water - even my fingers are swollen today
did do cardio - will take a little while to wean myself of daily cardio
Haven't eaten yet thats up next

bodyhard
10-30-2009, 12:33 PM
Wil you be posting updated pics monthly?

blu2xtreme
10-30-2009, 12:44 PM
Want some chocolate little girl. I'm jk......maybe;)

not seeing the sexy in the avatar, sorry

How can't you see the sexiness - nibbled on ears
nibbled on .... way sexy:p

Wil you be posting updated pics monthly?

Knowing how pic crazy I can be - that would be a yes :yep:

gman
10-30-2009, 01:00 PM
I play dumb sometimes.

blu2xtreme
10-30-2009, 01:05 PM
I play dumb sometimes.

It works for you ....keep it up
women love the shy - naive type ;)

Down4whatever
10-30-2009, 01:15 PM
It works for you ....keep it up
women love the shy - naive type ;)

He wasn't so shy and naive in Pittsburgh when we had to share a bed.....:flash2: :D

blu2xtreme
10-30-2009, 01:16 PM
back to business

Meal 1 - 1/2 cup oatmeal with 1 scoop whey and 1t pb
2 whole eggs

will do Shoulder work out in afternoon - since I am off

Going out for a few hours with friends to a bar so need opinions

Since I am not cutting is it ok to have a couple of Captian and diets while I am out?

blu2xtreme
10-30-2009, 01:18 PM
He wasn't so shy and naive in Pittsburgh when we had to share a bed.....:flash2: :D

I think I might have heard that story :p

So are you shy too :confused:

gman
10-30-2009, 01:19 PM
it was MY idea to put the pillow wall down the middle, Matt

Down4whatever
10-30-2009, 01:21 PM
I think I might have heard that story :p

So are you shy too :confused:

Well, yes, isn't it obvious?

Ah yes.....the great pillow wall

blu2xtreme
10-30-2009, 01:24 PM

It was probably a good idea
I know when my girlfiends and I share beds we always end up a little cozy. Would be way wrong for you boys to do that:p

buckimscl
10-30-2009, 01:30 PM
I know when my girlfiends and I share beds we always end up a little cozy. :p

Eeeehhhhhh:drool: Blu, would you car to elaborate on that:hypno:;)

gman
10-30-2009, 01:31 PM
is this supposed to be a training journal, or what?

buckimscl
10-30-2009, 01:32 PM
is this supposed to be a training journal, or what?
Hey young man don't be trying to change the subject!! Now go ahead Blu!:p

Down4whatever
10-30-2009, 01:32 PM
It was probably a good idea
I know when my girlfiends and I share beds we always end up a little cozy. Would be way wrong for you boys to do that:p

Oh rly?

:erection:

freebirdmac
10-30-2009, 01:36 PM
back to business

Meal 1 - 1/2 cup oatmeal with 1 scoop whey and 1t pb
2 whole eggs

will do Shoulder work out in afternoon - since I am off

Going out for a few hours with friends to a bar so need opinions

Since I am not cutting is it ok to have a couple of Captian and diets while I am out?

Go right ahead and have your drinks :D

blu2xtreme
10-30-2009, 01:37 PM

Eeeehhhhhh:drool: Blu, would you car to elaborate on that:hypno:;)

Hey young man don't be trying to change the subject!! Now go ahead Blu!:p

Oh rly?

:erection:

Will make good sitting around the bar celebrating after the challenge stories:p

blu2xtreme
10-30-2009, 01:37 PM
Go right ahead and have your drinks :D

Thank you - will make the night much better:yep:

gman
10-30-2009, 01:45 PM
Thank you - will make the night much better:yep:

have one for your dear old, deprived, long suffering, starving, teetotalling, and been-sober-way-too-long friend, Mike.

buckimscl
10-30-2009, 01:45 PM
Will make good sitting around the bar celebrating after the challenge stories:p
I'll be there.

blu2xtreme
10-30-2009, 02:20 PM
have one for your dear old, deprived, long suffering, starving, teetotalling, and been-sober-way-too-long friend, Mike.

Got you covered - will think of you as I enjoy it:)

I'll be there.

Looking foward to it ...bring those sleeping buddies by the way:p

freebirdmac
10-30-2009, 02:35 PM

waaaaah, it's been since vacation in August :D

gman
10-30-2009, 02:38 PM
waaaaah, it's been since vacation in August :D

I did drink once since then at a UFC fight night party...4 beers.

I don't miss it.....MUCH!

blu2xtreme
10-30-2009, 06:33 PM
My food is way low again today - been way busy

work out - Shoulders
I love doing shoulders but have to be careful working them - tend to over work them - and they don't seem to recover well

bb press
1 x 8 x 55
2 x 8 x 60

db press
1 x 10 x 20
2 x 10 x 25

db lateral raise

1 x 10 x 20
2 x 8 x 25

face pulls

1 x 12 x 35
1 x 10 x 40
1 x 8 x 45

Down4whatever
10-30-2009, 07:07 PM
My food is way low again today - been way busy

work out - Shoulders
I love doing shoulders but have to be careful working them - tend to over work them - and they don't seem to recover

Probably one reason is that you did chest last night; I recommend a couple days or at least a full day between chest and shoulders.

Eat, young lady :D

freebirdmac
10-30-2009, 07:35 PM
There are no excuses for under eating! Get out of that mindset lady!!! Too busy my ass! :fit:

blu2xtreme
10-30-2009, 07:38 PM
Probably one reason is that you did chest last night; I recommend a couple days or at least a full day between chest and shoulders.

Eat, young lady :D

Thanks for the training tip:)

Will not eat well tonight - will have a few drinks-
With one of my sleeping pals - then one coming with me to Columbus
If I get any pics tonight I will post them

blu2xtreme
10-30-2009, 07:50 PM
There are no excuses for under eating! Get out of that mindset lady!!! Too busy my ass! :fit:

Knew you would get me on that statement :yep:

bigdaddyd
10-30-2009, 08:19 PM
you cannot under-eat....even one day can sloooow progress

blu2xtreme
10-30-2009, 08:24 PM
you cannot under-eat....even one day can sloooow progress

I know that under eating over and over is really messing with my process
I eat well a few days - then not
Want it bad so I have to get it my head that it's part of my training to eat.

gman
10-30-2009, 08:38 PM
we have to brainstorm and get some calorie dense foods for you so you can eat enough and not feel bloated.

Muscle Milk protein powder maybe? It has a lot more fat and carbs in it than normal whey...

anything else anyone?

freebirdmac
10-30-2009, 09:37 PM
we have to brainstorm and get some calorie dense foods for you so you can eat enough and not feel bloated.

Muscle Milk protein powder maybe? It has a lot more fat and carbs in it than normal whey...

anything else anyone?

For her, she's just going to have to deal with the bloating and full feeling. She's under ate so long and has such a huge amount of cals to make up that it's just going to be that way. What bothers me more is her mindset. I'm not convinced that she's really committed to this. I think she's saying it, but her brain is saying something else.

blu2xtreme
10-31-2009, 01:04 AM
For her, she's just going to have to deal with the bloating and full feeling. She's under ate so long and has such a huge amount of cals to make up that it's just going to be that way. What bothers me more is her mindset. I'm not convinced that she's really committed to this. I think she's saying it, but her brain is saying something else.

I think your right ...I want to change that :yep:

blu2xtreme
10-31-2009, 01:08 AM
I survived a night out ...
had some celery and carrots and one piece of thin crust pizza
and 3 captain and cokes ...they were so good:p

here's a pic of me and a friend
http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss190/blu2xtreme/035.jpg

Baldiewonkanobi
10-31-2009, 06:17 AM
GMAN....I agree on the idea of Muscle Milk as a possible suppliment for the under eating. I under eat. Take away my 4 whey drinks a day and I starve myself. 2 whole eggs, 10 whites, 1/4 pound of fresh turkey/scoop of chicken salad, chicken breast, 6 broccoli buds, 4 sushi pieces and 6 slices of sashimi was all the real food I ate yesterday. Really bad for a 200 pounder trying to add muscle. I make my whey ON 100% and I want to shred, make it Muscle Milk and I sloooowly gain.

So if our lady routinly adds 50gms MM whey in the am and again in the pm IN ADDITION TO REGULAR FOOD should do the trick. I love the Cookies and Cream flavor. Strawberry Shake is a damn good.

Baldie

blu2xtreme
10-31-2009, 09:31 AM
GMAN....I agree on the idea of Muscle Milk as a possible suppliment for the under eating. I under eat. Take away my 4 whey drinks a day and I starve myself. 2 whole eggs, 10 whites, 1/4 pound of fresh turkey/scoop of chicken salad, chicken breast, 6 broccoli buds, 4 sushi pieces and 6 slices of sashimi was all the real food I ate yesterday. Really bad for a 200 pounder trying to add muscle. I make my whey ON 100% and I want to shred, make it Muscle Milk and I sloooowly gain.

So if our lady routinly adds 50gms MM whey in the am and again in the pm IN ADDITION TO REGULAR FOOD should do the trick. I love the Cookies and Cream flavor. Strawberry Shake is a damn good.

Baldie

Thanks Baldie I have used MM before the banana cream is great. Need to pick some more up.

Just had a MM ready drink shake but it was their light version 100cal - 3g fat 3g carbs and only 15 protein but after a few drinks last night I needed to flush some liquid through me - so it was easy to drink and downed a bunch of water.

No cardio this morning - Legs tonight - A day of shopping is on the Agenda for today.

freebirdmac
10-31-2009, 11:03 AM
A half-ass diet is like a half-ass workout. You get out of it what you put in :D

blu2xtreme
10-31-2009, 11:26 AM
A half-ass diet is like a half-ass workout. You get out of it what you put in :D

Might be even worse since bb is more diet then training ....

Keep on me ...I need it :yep:

fatbackgoal
10-31-2009, 03:04 PM
You can do it. Go at it slowly and have one good day of eating then another. I have found that the key is planning ahead. If I make my food in advance I have no excuse for not eating well.

bigdaddyd
10-31-2009, 07:46 PM
I survived a night out ...
had some celery and carrots and one piece of thin crust pizza
and 3 captain and cokes ...they were so good:p

here's a pic of me and a friend

yum captain and cokes...yummy

blu2xtreme
10-31-2009, 09:54 PM
You can do it. Go at it slowly and have one good day of eating then another. I have found that the key is planning ahead. If I make my food in advance I have no excuse for not eating well.

Seem do better on workdays because I do plan for meals - weeks I tend to be on the run - so I need to allow for this and plan.

yum captain and cokes...yummy

They were so very Yummy:p

blu2xtreme
11-01-2009, 01:54 AM
Leg work out got moved until tomorrow - which is usually my training day off but played a little to long today and didnt want to rush the workout.

Did have a much better food day:) at least over all
the higher cal whey and pb at last meal help bump cal alot

Meal 1 RTD whey shake
meal 2 protien bar ( was running around and this worked )
Meal 3 salmon 4 oz - sweet potato w/cinnamon
meal 4 frozen ff yougut ( self serve at mall ) pumpkin flavor -mmmm
meal 5 chicken breast 4oz -
meal 6 1 scoop myofusion whey /2 T pb

cal 1,409
fat 45.8
carbs 107.7
protien141.4

gman
11-01-2009, 08:43 AM
good job on the food.

I wanted to suggest peanut butter on the sweet potato...sounds weird, but the Scivation people have you do it on the carb up meal on their cut diet...I did that a few years back...it is awesome.

blu2xtreme
11-01-2009, 09:31 AM
good job on the food.

I wanted to suggest peanut butter on the sweet potato...sounds weird, but the Scivation people have you do it on the carb up meal on their cut diet...I did that a few years back...it is awesome.

I think I would totally love that
and an easy way to to get the extra cals
without feeling it.
You guys are the best:)

bigdaddyd
11-01-2009, 02:42 PM
PB on sweet potato? Isn't that against somebodies religion?

gman
11-01-2009, 03:01 PM
PB on sweet potato? Isn't that against somebodies religion?

maybe so, but it's worth sinning for. You try it once and you will hit yourself in the head and ask what took so long to figure out to do it.

bigdaddyd
11-01-2009, 03:03 PM
PB
on
Sweet potato?

Seriously?

bigdaddyd
11-01-2009, 03:03 PM
Because you know I'm going to try this....do not toy with me G....LOL

gman
11-01-2009, 03:05 PM
i used to chop it up into the flesh of the potato....I swear when I remembered this, I came within a second of saying "screw keto."

freebirdmac
11-01-2009, 03:21 PM
Waste of a good sweet potato imho :)

bigdaddyd
11-01-2009, 03:28 PM
Waste of a good sweet potato imho :)

I can't help but think this as well. I love them both...but I don't know.

gman
11-01-2009, 03:30 PM
scared to try? I was too...lol

blu2xtreme
11-01-2009, 07:38 PM
scared to try? I was too...lol

Not Scared will try it tonight ...need more cals today before I total:)

Leg Workout - keep in mind that I work out at home or I am sure I could put up better numbers - to squat - I have to basically do a good morning exercise to get the bar back on the rack
Leg curls are killing me almost always cramp up - I think it is because my bench's leg curl is not adjustable and I am very short

Squats
1 x 8 x85
2 x 8 x100

SLDL
1 x 8 x 85
2 x 8 x 100

leg ext
1 x 12 x 50
3 x 10 x 60

laying leg curl
1 x 12 x 40
2 x 10 x 50

Calf raises
3 x 15 x 60

blu2xtreme
11-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Sweet potato with peanut butter and cinnamon = heaven

Todays food - added in my night shake - did not have it yet

meal 1 - oatmeal - egg whites - scoop whey - PB
meal 2 - pro. bar
meal 3 - ground turkey breast - sweet pot. w/PB
meal 4 - Myofusion w/ 1T pb

cals 1,311
fat 47.8
carbs 98.5
pro 125.4

gman
11-01-2009, 08:24 PM
real eggs, please

i am 1 out of 2 with you on food suggestions: Hickory smoked tuna, no...pb and sweet potato, yes

blu2xtreme
11-01-2009, 08:31 PM
real eggs, please

i am 1 out of 2 with you on food suggestions: Hickory smoked tuna, no...pb and sweet potato, yes

Decided the hickory tuna is an acquired taste - it was a little better mixed with cottage cheese and franks hot sauce
I like to mix food - threw my ground turkey on top of the sweet potato and peanut butter:dunno:

musclemilf
11-01-2009, 08:41 PM
Decided the hickory tuna is an acquired taste - it was a little better mixed with cottage cheese and franks hot sauce
I like to mix food - threw my ground turkey on top of the sweet potato and peanut butter:dunno:

Interesting food combo!?:hypno:

gman
11-01-2009, 08:43 PM
she should just make it all into a smoothie...just throw random stuff in a blender.

bigdaddyd
11-01-2009, 08:46 PM
she should just make it all into a smoothie...just throw random stuff in a blender.

That is where I think I need to get to. food no monger tastes good so lets get it over with

freebirdmac
11-01-2009, 08:47 PM
Girl you're trying to get your cals up. Go to the store and get some good tasting food instead of trying to doctor Mike's cutting food!!

bigdaddyd
11-01-2009, 08:48 PM
Shoot, I can bulk anyone up....its the cutting that doesnt work so well

blu2xtreme
11-01-2009, 08:53 PM
Girl you're trying to get your cals up. Go to the store and get some good tasting food instead of trying to doctor Mike's cutting food!!

Justing trying hard to keep it a leaner bulk - did grocery shop today
Should be a better week
problem is I only know how to eat this way at this point - I have been doing it for so long - that when it's time to eat I go for low carb and high protein .....did almost double my carbs today:)

gman
11-01-2009, 08:54 PM
Not being able to bulk is just so foreign to me...I can put on 20lbs in 4 weeks without even trying hard.

It's called eat normally.

bigdaddyd
11-01-2009, 08:54 PM
yes...exactly...eat like everyone else does is easy but can you do it healthy is the key?

freebirdmac
11-01-2009, 09:10 PM
Justing trying hard to keep it a leaner bulk - did grocery shop today
Should be a better week
problem is I only know how to eat this way at this point - I have been doing it for so long - that when it's time to eat I go for low carb and high protein .....did almost double my carbs today:)

Lean bulking doesn't mean you have to eat junk. But it doesn't mean you have to eat something you don't really like. My diet is the same no matter what I am doing. It's the portion sizes that change. Carbs aren't the enemy either. I know this is a keto loving site, but they're not evil. Bloating can mimic fat gain and mask fat loss, but it's only water and means nothing in terms of body composition.

blu2xtreme
11-01-2009, 09:38 PM
Lean bulking doesn't mean you have to eat junk. But it doesn't mean you have to eat something you don't really like. My diet is the same no matter what I am doing. It's the portion sizes that change. Carbs aren't the enemy either. I know this is a keto loving site, but they're not evil. Bloating can mimic fat gain and mask fat loss, but it's only water and means nothing in terms of body composition.

Really eating these foods are my norm and I like them - except that hickory tuna stuff. Just need to add more carbs back and larger portions - go up from 3 oz chicken to 5 oz - 1/2 sweet potato to a whole one - that kind of stuff and add fruit back in should help.

freebirdmac
11-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Really eating these foods are my norm and I like them - except that hickory tuna stuff. Just need to add more carbs back and larger portions - go up from 3 oz chicken to 5 oz - 1/2 sweet potato to a whole one - that kind of stuff and add fruit back in should help.

Exactly. You really will be amazed at the change in your workouts.

We may need to mess with your workout routine or get you in a gym though :)

blu2xtreme
11-01-2009, 10:17 PM
Exactly. You really will be amazed at the change in your workouts.

We may need to mess with your workout routine or get you in a gym though :)

Already feel a bit stronger ...gym would be great
Hubby says no...he already hates this whole thing

freebirdmac
11-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Already feel a bit stronger ...gym would be great
Hubby says no...he already hates this whole thing

Fuck hubby. And not in the way he'd enjoy.

blu2xtreme
11-01-2009, 10:22 PM
Fuck hubby. And not in the way he'd enjoy.

He has been on strike ...so I am the one not getting it.
Been checking out some gyms.

freebirdmac
11-01-2009, 10:41 PM
I don't mean to be flip, but unless there are some very good reasons for not joining a gym then he has no reason to stop you. Not understanding, not into it, whatever shouldn't stop you. That would just be him playing mind/control games with you. He should even go himself.

blu2xtreme
11-02-2009, 12:30 AM
I don't mean to be flip, but unless there are some very good reasons for not joining a gym then he has no reason to stop you. Not understanding, not into it, whatever shouldn't stop you. That would just be him playing mind/control games with you. He should even go himself.

How about he hates everything about it and yes to be honest it is a control thing - he has slowly lost that control and making me feel
guilty is all he has left.
I will never be who I was - he has to come to terms with that.
I would love for him to care about himself -he doesn't and won't.
A gym is in my future - just not yet.

So your help and others help in helping me do the best I can for now, is greatly appreciated.

freebirdmac
11-02-2009, 06:51 AM
Fair enough. I won't say anything more :)

Baldiewonkanobi
11-02-2009, 07:49 AM
I have seen this game play out for decades....either husband/wife or wife/husband. Never ends well. Mates feel in control when their partner is a train wreck. Afterall who will steal their train wreck. When a partner dials it in and sports a hot bod stepping outta the shower they are thretened. Some one else will see their now 'out of control' partner. They punish the partner many ways including denying affection. "See there ... your body does not turn me on".

Golds East is a way cool gym. Lots of meat in there who will appreciate you. You will get eye screwed daily. Hey....helps with the ego. Muscles will also love the place.

Baldie

bigdaddyd
11-02-2009, 08:59 AM
I have seen this game play out for decades....either husband/wife or wife/husband. Never ends well. Mates feel in control when their partner is a train wreck. Afterall who will steal their train wreck. When a partner dials it in and sports a hot bod stepping outta the shower they are thretened. Some one else will see their now 'out of control' partner. They punish the partner many ways including denying affection. "See there ... your body does not turn me on".

Golds East is a way cool gym. Lots of meat in there who will appreciate you. You will get eye screwed daily. Hey....helps with the ego. Muscles will also love the place.

Baldie

It happens in my own household. Wife knows I have issues with eating and probably have a food addiction. For every 2 steps I take forward, she guides me back one step. So although I am making progress, it is half speed. Now, not entirely her fault don't get me wrong. She just makes sure it happens because she is overweight and completely insecure about herself. The more insecure she is, and the more secure I am with myself, the worse she gets.

As far as getting eye screwed....I'm guilty. I'm pretty sure I should have gone to jail for this mornings stares at blondie and blackie (hair colors)....oops.....guilty as charged

gman
11-02-2009, 10:05 AM
this seems to be a common theme...I think my wife thinks I am doing this to attract other women, but it really is because I want to live to be a grandpa.

Being attractive is a good benefit, but not the reason I am doing it.

Why is it that both spouses never like getting in shape at the same time, seems to be an epidemic?

At least my wife is begrudgingly supporting me now. She reminds me to cook chicken, slaps my hand if I put it in the candy dish, etc...but she still thinks I am a loon for doing this.

We were at the lake and here sister asked her "what's with the shaved chest and back?" My wife told her, "aww, you know, one of those weird bodybuilding things."

bigdaddyd
11-02-2009, 10:54 AM
this seems to be a common theme...I think my wife thinks I am doing this to attract other women, but it really is because I want to live to be a grandpa.

Why is it that both spouses never like getting in shape at the same time, seems to be an epidemic?

At least my wife is begrudgingly supporting me now. She reminds me to cook chicken, slaps my hand if I put it in the candy dish, etc...but she still thinks I am a loon for doing this.

We were at the lake and here sister asked her "what's with the shaved chest and back?" My wife told her, "aww, you know, one of those weird bodybuilding things."

That is more supportive than most spouses though G. Kudos for her then.

I get ripped all the time because I am a hairy mo-fo so I shave it all. Every dang hair goes every week. I get crap for it from coworkers all the time. Who cares....I just told one lady she just jeoulous because she has more hair on her face than I do!

blu2xtreme
11-02-2009, 11:00 AM

Baldie

I live far north west Vegas - A new Golds opening this way - Just hate the can of worms it opens everytime I mention it.
Your right Baldie - he has often said how much he finds my muscle unattractive - funny I have never told him I find his overweightness unattractive.

It happens in my own household. Wife knows I have issues with eating and probably have a food addiction. For every 2 steps I take forward, she guides me back one step. So although I am making progress, it is half speed. Now, not entirely her fault don't get me wrong. She just makes sure it happens because she is overweight and completely insecure about herself. The more insecure she is, and the more secure I am with myself, the worse she gets.

As far as getting eye screwed....I'm guilty. I'm pretty sure I should have gone to jail for this mornings stares at blondie and blackie (hair colors)....oops.....guilty as charged

I think it is our spouses insecurities - but I can't allow that to guilt me into becoming that train wreck as Baldie said. I love myself now and what I am doing - my kids love how happy their mom is and my daughter is proud all her friends think I am in my 30's and don't dress like a old lady.

...I stare too...it's ok:p

Your lucky you get her support - makes it much easier
I guess the answer is we do this for ourselves not anyone else:)

blu2xtreme
11-02-2009, 11:05 AM
Now a training question about my split - I like the 5 day split works great but maybe my order is screwy - so today is day one so a good day to fix it.

Day 1 - Arms
Day 2 - back
day 3 - Rest ( thats weds and I go to church at night)
day 4-chest
day 5 -shoulders
day 6 - legs ( weekend - I like legs on the weekend )
Day 7 -rest ( usually sunday - sometimes trade Sat and Sun)

Any suggestions?

Down4whatever
11-02-2009, 11:09 AM
Now a training question about my split - I like the 5 day split works great but maybe my order is screwy - so today is day one so a good day to fix it.

Day 1 - Arms
Day 2 - back
day 4-chest
day 5 -shoulders

Any suggestions?

If you can, switch shoulders and legs around to give a day rest between chest and shoulders

Down4whatever
11-02-2009, 11:11 AM
And to address the 'topic of the day' in your journal.....my dogs get mad at me for going to the gym too...I'm trying to get them interested in lifting, but they do like to cardio with me from time to time :D

blu2xtreme
11-02-2009, 11:12 AM
If you can, switch shoulders and legs around to give a day rest between chest and shoulders

Thanks - that could work because I dont work very often on Fridays so Legs on day 5 would still be do able.

gman
11-02-2009, 11:12 AM
I agree with Matt.

another possibility is switching chest and back

blu2xtreme
11-02-2009, 11:13 AM
And to address the 'topic of the day' in your journal.....my dogs get mad at me for going to the gym too...I'm trying to get them interested in lifting, but they do like to cardio with me from time to time :D

My dog loves me and is happy for me ....:D

gman
11-02-2009, 11:14 AM
the old joke is lock your spouse and your dog in the trunk of your car for 3 hours.

open the trunk and see which one is happy to see you

dogs accept us no matter what.

blu2xtreme
11-02-2009, 11:15 AM
I agree with Matt.

another possibility is switching chest and back

That is how I had it originally then some how it got messed up - think I was spacing out one night and just wrote down the wrong order and kept doing it.

bigdaddyd
11-02-2009, 01:07 PM

Day 1 - Arms
Day 2 - back
day 4-chest
day 5 -shoulders
Any suggestions?

Expert I am not but I think working arms at the beginning of the week will lessen the quality of the workout for the rest of the upper body. Most bodybuilder (not all of course) either work arms with an upper body part (i.e. chest/triceps or chest biceps) or work them on their own day at the end of the week.

I'm not saying nobody does arms anywhere else in their routine, but i can tell you it definitely affected my back, chest, and shoulder workouts to have them anywhere but the last day.

My 2 cents.

freebirdmac
11-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Expert I am not but I think working arms at the beginning of the week will lessen the quality of the workout for the rest of the upper body. Most bodybuilder (not all of course) either work arms with an upper body part (i.e. chest/triceps or chest biceps) or work them on their own day at the end of the week.

I'm not saying nobody does arms anywhere else in their routine, but i can tell you it definitely affected my back, chest, and shoulder workouts to have them anywhere but the last day.

My 2 cents.

Actually, pre-exhausting the arms can force you to use the muscles you are trying to work instead of relying on the arms :) Nothing wrong with doing the split this way. Over time you'll vary it anyway.

gman
11-02-2009, 01:18 PM
it's ok because of how she splits her rest up...

blu2xtreme
11-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Actually, pre-exhausting the arms can force you to use the muscles you are trying to work instead of relying on the arms :) Nothing wrong with doing the split this way. Over time you'll vary it anyway.

Ok I got confused ...split ok as is or do I need to seperate the shoulders and chest more ...swapping the leg day and shoulders
so it would be
Day 1 - Arms
Day 2 - back
day 3 - Rest
day 4-chest
day 5 -legs
day 6 -shoulders
Day 7 -rest

bigdaddyd
11-02-2009, 01:23 PM
That's ok, we can agree to disagree. Nothing wrong with that!

That's one of the greatest things about this place. Different ideas from different mindsets.

Love it

blu2xtreme
11-02-2009, 01:27 PM
No spunk flying around in here:p

bigdaddyd
11-02-2009, 01:28 PM
I didn't want to dirty up your thread all by myself

Then I would just be a dirty old pervert

blu2xtreme
11-02-2009, 01:37 PM
I didn't want to dirty up your thread all by myself

Then I would just be a dirty old pervert

I think we are a bunch of old pervs ...must be those endorphins...:p

freebirdmac
11-02-2009, 02:17 PM
I agree w/Mike, swap legs and shoulders.

blu2xtreme
11-02-2009, 02:22 PM
I agree w/Mike, swap legs and shoulders.

Thanks ...sounds like a plan

bodyhard
11-02-2009, 02:26 PM
Ok I got confused ...split ok as is or do I need to seperate the shoulders and chest more ...swapping the leg day and shoulders
so it would be
Day 1 - Arms
Day 2 - back
day 3 - Rest
day 4-chest
day 5 -legs
day 6 -shoulders
Day 7 -rest

This split is no good. Do not put arms in front of back, back is a larger muscle than the arms and it would suffer. Since the arms (biceps) are brought into play in almost every back movement makes no sense to have the back suffer do to the arms being sore/tired/recuperating from a previous workout.

Not sure why you would want to dedicate a whole training day to arms alone, but if you are going to do that then at the very least put the back on day 1 and then the arms on day 2

blu2xtreme
11-02-2009, 02:30 PM
This split is no good. Do not put arms in front of back, back is a larger muscle than the arms and it would suffer. Since the arms (biceps) are brought into play in almost every back movement makes no sense to have the back suffer do to the arms being sore/tired/recuperating from a previous workout.

Not sure why you would want to dedicate a whole training day to arms alone, but if you are going to do that then at the very least put the back on day 1 and then the arms on day 2

Had a great 4 day split going then tried to change it over to a 5 day to save time at night - but it isn't coming together well - :dunno:

bodyhard
11-02-2009, 02:33 PM
Had a great 4 day split going then tried to change it over to a 5 day to save time at night - but it isn't coming together well - :dunno:

You can do a whole body routine on a four day split, why did you want to change it to a 5 day split to save time?

blu2xtreme
11-02-2009, 02:40 PM
You can do a whole body routine on a four day split, why did you want to change it to a 5 day split to save time?

Doing back and tri's together was taking so long ...then I noticed some people separating the arms out thought adding another day would make work nights easier.
I need to totally rethink things maybe use my days off better - fri, sat sun

Capt_lou
11-02-2009, 02:40 PM

Hey Blu (Yea I am in the dark side now lol)

I agree with BH..no need to devote a day to just arms. If you don't like the standard Chest/Tri's, Back/Bi's routine...just do a push/pull.

I have gotten some of my best gains off of a 4 day split of
Day 1 - Legs (quads/hams/calves)
Day 2 - Chest/Bi's
Day 3 - Rest
Day 4 - Delts/Traps/Calves
Day 5 - Rest
Day 6 - Back/Tri's
Day 7 - Rest

fatbackgoal
11-02-2009, 02:45 PM
I agree with Bodyhard. Coming off a rest day I would want to hit a big muscle when I have my energy restored. What about:

Day 1: Back
Day 2: Chest
Day 3: Rest
Day 4: Legs
Day 5: Shoulders
Day 6: Arms
Day 7: Rest

bodyhard
11-02-2009, 02:45 PM

Actually this is wrong, when you pre-exhaust a muscle, the muscle that needs to be targeted is the muscle you are going to hit.

Example if your triceps fail on bench, then you pre-exhaust the chest by doing a movement that doesn't involved the triceps as much, i.e. Fly's or Cable cross over first. This way the chest will be somewhat fatigued prior to you hitting the bench. Although the tri's will still be fresh enabling you to work the chest harder by not having the tri's fail before the chest, hence the chest being pre-exhausted.

Pre-exhausting the arms before doing back would be counter-productive.

bodyhard
11-02-2009, 02:48 PM
Doing back and tri's together was taking so long ...then I noticed some people separating the arms out thought adding another day would make work nights easier.
I need to totally rethink things maybe use my days off better - fri, sat sun

How many sets were you doing for the Tri's when you were doing Back and Tri's?

blu2xtreme
11-02-2009, 02:49 PM
Hey Blu (Yea I am in the dark side now lol)

I agree with BH..no need to devote a day to just arms. If you don't like the standard Chest/Tri's, Back/Bi's routine...just do a push/pull.

I have gotten some of my best gains off of a 4 day split of
Day 1 - Legs (quads/hams/calves)
Day 2 - Chest/Bi's
Day 3 - Rest
Day 5 - Rest
Day 6 - Back/Tri's
Day 7 - Rest

Good to see you over here:)

Now I am even more confused
this is close to my old one
would this work -some how I need legs on Sat, just better on my off day
Day 1 -Back/Tri's
Day 2 - Chest/Bi's
Day 3 - Rest
Day 5 - Rest
Day 6 - Legs (quads/hams/calves)
Day 7 - Rest

blu2xtreme
11-02-2009, 02:51 PM
How many sets were you doing for the Tri's when you were doing Back and Tri's?

3 exercises 4 sets each

Capt_lou
11-02-2009, 02:56 PM

Day 1 -Back/Tri's
Day 2 - Chest/Bi's
Day 3 - Rest
Day 5 - Rest
Day 7 - Rest

I would not run this split, because you are pre-exhausting your Tri's for your chest day. Read, John's explanation...he hit it right on the nose. If you want to hit legs on Saturday then just start your split on Saturday. So it would look like this.

Sat - Legs
Sun - Off
Mon - Chest/Bi's
Tues - Off
Wed - Delts/Traps/Calves
Thurs - Off
Fri - Back/Tri's

You can switch up the off days any way you like it, but I would keep it in that order. I like the off days in between Chest and shoulders due to you hit them on that day indirectly.

bodyhard
11-02-2009, 02:57 PM

Day 1 -Back/Tri's
Day 2 - Chest/Bi's
Day 3 - Rest
Day 5 - Rest
Day 7 - Rest

Sorry if you are getting confused, keep this in mind: Every push exercise involves the triceps, every pull exercise involves the biceps

If you want to go with the above mentioned split then do Back and Bis and Chest and tris. As doing Chest after a day of hitting the tris could affect your chest progress.

So to keep your current split since you like doing legs on sat, I would go with this.

Day 1 -Back/Bi's
Day 2 - Chest/Tri's
Day 3 - Rest
Day 5 - Rest
Day 7 - Rest

Capt_lou
11-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Sorry if you are getting confused, keep this in mind: Every push exercise involves the triceps, every pull exercise involves the biceps

If you want to go with the above mentioned split then do Back and Bis and Chest and tris. As doing Chest after a day of hitting the tris could affect your chest progress.

So to keep your current split since you like doing legs on sat, I would go with this.

Day 1 -Back/Bi's
Day 2 - Chest/Tri's
Day 3 - Rest
Day 5 - Rest
Day 7 - Rest

Do you think that training calves on day 4 and then again on day 6 is a little soon? If you are going with this split then move calves to day 2 and 6. The only reason why I hit mine twice a week is because they grow so damn slow lol.

Also remember everyone is different, John likes the standard split where I have seen my gains off a push/pull. This is not to say that I don't go with this kind of spilt when I plateau.

blu2xtreme
11-02-2009, 03:08 PM

Day 1 -Back/Bi's
Day 2 - Chest/Tri's
Day 3 - Rest
Day 5 - Rest
Day 7 - Rest

This I can do ...just really wanted legs on Sat
and needed Weds - off for Church

bodyhard
11-02-2009, 03:10 PM
Do you think that training calves on day 4 and then again on day 6 is a little soon? If you are going with this split then move calves to day 2 and 6. The only reason why I hit mine twice a week is because they grow so damn slow lol.

Also remember everyone is different, John likes the standard split where I have seen my gains off a push/pull. This is not to say that I don't go with this kind of spilt when I plateau.

Typically I would agree, but the calves, as well as the forearms are very tough muscles which can be train two even 3x a week.

gman
11-02-2009, 03:13 PM
i never train my calves...still 17"

blu2xtreme
11-02-2009, 03:30 PM

Yes but you have naturally sexy legs:p

Baldiewonkanobi
11-02-2009, 03:37 PM
:nonono:You've seen them??

Baldie

blu2xtreme
11-02-2009, 03:38 PM
:nonono:You've seen them??

Baldie

He posted a pic the other day
very cute:p

bodyhard
11-02-2009, 03:41 PM

Did you know in order to be aesthetic your calves, arms and neck should be within an inch apart?

My calves were the stubbornest bodypart for me. Yet with a lot of consistent training I got them to 17" but I had to bust my fucking ass!

So I hate you :D :D

freebirdmac
11-02-2009, 03:41 PM
Actually this is wrong, when you pre-exhaust a muscle, the muscle that needs to be targeted is the muscle you are going to hit.

Exactly my point. If your biceps for example are fatigued, you're going to feel them on back. It forces you to use the mind-muscle connection and use the back muscles more, not rely on the biceps as much. As it is, tri's and chest are separated by 2 full days.

gman
11-02-2009, 03:52 PM
Did you know in order to be aesthetic your calves, arms and neck should be within an inch apart?

My calves were the stubbornest bodypart for me. Yet with a lot of consistent training I got them to 17" but I had to bust my fucking ass!

So I hate you :D :D

neck 16 3/4 but will get smaller as I lean out
arms 16 1/2 will end up at 15 1/2 or 16 as I lean out
calves 17 will stay 17

bodyhard
11-02-2009, 03:52 PM
Exactly my point. If your biceps for example are fatigued, you're going to feel them on back. It forces you to use the mind-muscle connection and use the back muscles more, not rely on the biceps as much. As it is, tri's and chest are separated by 2 full days.

No but FB, what I am saying is that when you pre-exhaust a muscle is when you pre-exhaust the targeted muscle, not the muscle that is used in assiting the movement.

Example, why would you pre-exhast your triceps then try to do bench for your chest? That would be counter-productive. Same applies with your back, if you pre-exhaust the biceps before doing, say rows, that would be counter-prodcutive for the back as the arms would be too fatigued to assist in the lift. The arms are already a smaller muscle than the back and fatigue much faster so why would you want to enforce that even more?

bodyhard
11-02-2009, 03:53 PM
calves 17 will stay 17

Like I said I hate you :D

Capt_lou
11-02-2009, 03:55 PM
calves 17 will stay 17

WTF no Neg button??? :dunno:

blu2xtreme
11-02-2009, 03:57 PM
You all do realize I am totally dazed and confused at this point:dunno:

bodyhard
11-02-2009, 03:58 PM
WTF no Neg button??? :dunno:
LOL you have to earn your way to neg someone here :D :D

Capt_lou
11-02-2009, 04:00 PM

John's split is good, go with it...I just gave you a different look if you want to change it up later on.

LOL you have to earn your way to neg someone here :D :D

I feel so newbish here lol

bodyhard
11-02-2009, 04:00 PM

Please don't be, it really is very simple, it is NOT rocket science and you don't need all this bullshit calculations and numeric bullshit that some people put together.

Capt_lou
11-02-2009, 04:02 PM
Please don't be, it really is very simple, it is NOT rocket science and you don't need all this bullshit calculations and numeric bullshit that some people put together.

And at least John did not tell you that your split was complete shit like he told me 2 years ago lol.

gman
11-02-2009, 04:04 PM
take a day off from thinking about it Blu...it's supposed to be fun...right now your diet is more important anyway.

bodyhard
11-02-2009, 04:09 PM
And at least John did not tell you that your split was complete shit like he told me 2 years ago lol.

LMFAO!!! But you know I was just keeping it real with you, and damn look at you now man, enough knowledge to fucking step up to anyone!!

Blue check your PM.

freebirdmac
11-02-2009, 06:40 PM
John's split is one I've done and really liked.

freebirdmac
11-02-2009, 06:56 PM
No but FB, what I am saying is that when you pre-exhaust a muscle is when you pre-exhaust the targeted muscle, not the muscle that is used in assiting the movement.

Example, why would you pre-exhast your triceps then try to do bench for your chest? That would be counter-productive. Same applies with your back, if you pre-exhaust the biceps before doing, say rows, that would be counter-prodcutive for the back as the arms would be too fatigued to assist in the lift. The arms are already a smaller muscle than the back and fatigue much faster so why would you want to enforce that even more?

I get what you are saying John. And no I wouldn't do tricep right before chest. In her split I seriously doubt working tri's on Mon is going to effect chest on Thurs. As for back, people tend to use biceps too much instead of focusing on back.

There are tons of programs, full body, 5x5, etc where you will be going into chest and back with bi/tri fatigued in a previous workout.

That said, I wouldn't just do an arm workout myself. I prefer to have at least one large muscle group involved in each workout. But everyone has their preferences.

blu2xtreme
11-02-2009, 08:14 PM
John's split is one I've done and really liked.

I get what you are saying John. And no I wouldn't do tricep right before chest. In her split I seriously doubt working tri's on Mon is going to effect chest on Thurs. As for back, people tend to use biceps too much instead of focusing on back.

There are tons of programs, full body, 5x5, etc where you will be going into chest and back with bi/tri fatigued in a previous workout.

That said, I wouldn't just do an arm workout myself. I prefer to have at least one large muscle group involved in each workout. But everyone has their preferences.

I think I will be fine with most of the splits you guys suggested -
need to focus more on diet - that is my downfall

blu2xtreme
11-02-2009, 08:57 PM
No totals yet on food only 6 on west coast time to make up cal yet:)

meal one - 2 eggs, 2 oz ground turkey breast , 1/2 c brown rice

meal 2 - 2 eggs, 2 oz ground turkey breast , 1/2 c brown rice

meal 3 - 3 oz chicken , 1/2 sweet potato w/ 1 T pb

so far total
Total
cals 910
fat 36.5
carbs58.4
pro 86.8

bodyhard
11-02-2009, 09:06 PM

I never said anything about Monday and Thursday (Chest and Tris') where did you read that? I was using chest and Tris as an example to my point but I never stated that her split with chest and tri's was bad.

I was referring to the Bi's on Monday and then the back on Tuesday.

I also agree that people use their biceps a lot when doing back, but the problem is if you fatigue the bicep before your back, your back will suffer. Which is the point I was making.

Also those 5x5, full body, etc programs you are referring to are geared for strength.

freebirdmac
11-02-2009, 09:20 PM
I never said anything about Monday and Thursday (Chest and Tris') where did you read that? I was using chest and Tris as an example to my point but I never stated that her split with chest and tri's was bad.

I was referring to the Bi's on Monday and then the back on Tuesday.

I also agree that people use their biceps a lot when doing back, but the problem is if you fatigue the bicep before your back, your back will suffer. Which is the point I was making.

Also those 5x5, full body, etc programs you are referring to are geared for strength.

Ok. Since you were using tri/chest I was making sure that wasn't an issue. Some of those programs are more focused on strength but not all. Bottom line is you should be able to feel if your split is hurting one body part or another.

bodyhard
11-02-2009, 10:42 PM
Ok. Since you were using tri/chest I was making sure that wasn't an issue. Some of those programs are more focused on strength but not all. Bottom line is you should be able to feel if your split is hurting one body part or another.

Agree.

Sorry to hijack your thread Blu, but man do I love this, actually discussing bodybuilding :D :D

blu2xtreme
11-02-2009, 10:47 PM
Agree.

Sorry to hijack your thread Blu, but man do I love this, actually discussing bodybuilding :D :D

Cool - works for me...she was to busy to remember she was going to yell at me. :(
No seriously - this is why I am here to learn and grow. :yep:

freebirdmac
11-02-2009, 11:00 PM
Cool - works for me...she was to busy to remember she was going to yell at me. :(
No seriously - this is why I am here to learn and grow. :yep:

No, not too busy. Just waiting for your updated numbers :D

Curt James
11-02-2009, 11:01 PM
Reading along. Great journal, Blu! :bowdown:

blu2xtreme
11-02-2009, 11:08 PM
No, not too busy. Just waiting for your updated numbers :D

Numbers up soon:)

Reading along. Great journal, Blu! :bowdown:
Never boring that's for sure :yep:

blu2xtreme
11-02-2009, 11:14 PM
not bad - getting it up there - needed the last meal split up but will get it right tomorrow - eat more reg. at work

meal 4 - 2 scoops myofusion /1 T. pb / 1/2 c frozen unsweet. blueberries

Total
cals 1,357
fat51.1
carbs80.9
pro 141.2

Curt James
11-03-2009, 12:34 AM
I love MyoFusion. That stuff is tasty! What flavor?

blu2xtreme
11-03-2009, 12:40 AM
I love MyoFusion. That stuff is tasty! What flavor?

Strawberry most of the time - got lucky and the guy at my local Vit. shop gave me a months worth of vanilla samples - usually use All the Whey Isolate or Scivation but needed a higher cal night time protein and I like this stuff:)

Curt James
11-03-2009, 12:53 AM
That's awesome!

MyoFusion is reasonably priced, too. Not like freaking NitroTech. I have some ON casein right now and a ton of Isolyze. Trying the chocolate, but have had the vanilla ice cream and vanilla peanut butter.

:bowdown: :drool:

blu2xtreme
11-03-2009, 12:58 AM
That's awesome!

MyoFusion is reasonably priced, too. Not like freaking NitroTech. I have some ON casein right now and a ton of Isolyze. Trying the chocolate, but have had the vanilla ice cream and vanilla peanut butter.

:bowdown: :drool:

Totally hated ON even tried their sample pack that had 16 flavors :no:
BSN Dessert whey - is really tasty but pricey and seems geared towards women

Curt James
11-03-2009, 01:05 AM
I love ON's cookies n creme but it seems like every single other person on bb.com hates it with a PASSION! lol

gman
11-03-2009, 05:12 AM
I just buy what's on sale...I am a cheapskate...only 2-3 companies actually make all the different brands in America from what I hear!

This month's sale item was MetRx 5lb tubs for 33 dollars...so I bought 4

freebirdmac
11-03-2009, 07:40 AM
I don't want to see you under 1400 cals for the rest of the week!!!

bigdaddyd
11-03-2009, 08:18 AM
not bad - getting it up there - needed the last meal split up but will get it right tomorrow - eat more reg. at work

meal 4 - 2 scoops myofusion /1 T. pb / 1/2 c frozen unsweet. blueberries

Total
cals 1,357
fat51.1
carbs80.9
pro 141.2

Good job on the food. Adding 1oz more of chicken, or 1 more whole egg only adds 35-70 calories but inch by inch right?!
How did you like the sweet potato and pb?

blu2xtreme
11-03-2009, 09:03 AM
I just buy what's on sale...I am a cheapskate...only 2-3 companies actually make all the different brands in America from what I hear!

This month's sale item was MetRx 5lb tubs for 33 dollars...so I bought 4

Might be true ...
Seems like some beside taste really upset my stomach over all
All the Whey Cinnamon bun my fave and no stomach probs

I don't want to see you under 1400 cals for the rest of the week!!!

I am working hard at it promise....thanks for keeping on me:)

Good job on the food. Adding 1oz more of chicken, or 1 more whole egg only adds 35-70 calories but inch by inch right?!
How did you like the sweet potato and pb?

Totally loved the sweet potato with pb ....thanks Mike :yep:

gman
11-03-2009, 09:37 AM
like D says, just add an oz here and there...

glad you enjoyed the sweet potato and pb...means I am not the only crazy one here

Down4whatever
11-03-2009, 09:57 AM
Might run this past freebird, but here's my thoughts:

1) Your metabolism is shot.
2) Your body is in a constant state of 'starvation'--meaning every morsel of food above your jaded 'maintenance' is gonna be quickly stored as fat by your body.
3) Your body will not build any muscle until this is fixed
4) You need to run with 1300-1400 calories for 2-3 weeks in order to repair your metabolism and make your body realize you're not starving it anymore.
5) IMO, if you bump calories too fast right now, it would wreak havoc. Again, JMO.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

gman
11-03-2009, 09:59 AM
agree 100%....100 to 200 bump every month or so.

freebirdmac
11-03-2009, 10:52 AM

2) Your body is in a constant state of 'starvation'--meaning every morsel of food above your jaded 'maintenance' is gonna be quickly stored as fat by your body.
4) You need to run with 1300-1400 calories for 2-3 weeks in order to repair your metabolism and make your body realize you're not starving it anymore.
5) IMO, if you bump calories too fast right now, it would wreak havoc. Again, JMO.

1) Agree
2) Agree
3) Agree
4) Disagree. Maintenance is closer to 2000. Her metabolism won't recover correctly until she gets up to that point and releases the stress of long term under eating. Even then it may be a year before it fully recovers. That doesn't mean there can't be lean out periods. But returning to maintenance regularly is a key factor.
5) Disagree. It's easier to bump cals slowly but jumping to 2000 would be fine too. The only downside is the force feeding involved. It's not fun, but it's doable. And what I did.

blu2xtreme
11-03-2009, 04:31 PM
Woo Hoo Totals so far :excited:

3 meals in - wasn't easy

Total
cals 742
fat 23.1
carb 45.4
pro 91.1

Just 1:30 here so will so make my 1400 cals today

gman
11-03-2009, 04:34 PM
Good work, Blu

blu2xtreme
11-03-2009, 09:58 PM
Totals for today added in the shake I didn't have yet but will after workout...Promise:yep:

Total
cals1,378
fat 43.9
carbs88.1
pro161.0

blu2xtreme
11-03-2009, 11:19 PM

1) Agree
2) Agree
3) Agree
4) Disagree. Maintenance is closer to 2000. Her metabolism won't recover correctly until she gets up to that point and releases the stress of long term under eating. Even then it may be a year before it fully recovers. That doesn't mean there can't be lean out periods. But returning to maintenance regularly is a key factor.
5) Disagree. It's easier to bump cals slowly but jumping to 2000 would be fine too. The only downside is the force feeding involved. It's not fun, but it's doable. And what I did.

You guys have me scared now :(
damn I really messed myself up...I won't give up ...I want this with all my heart and soul

blu2xtreme
11-04-2009, 12:59 AM
There was much debate on my behalf yesterday about by workout ...after much thought, pm's from many and discussing it with others this is what I decided I will go with it for a while and see how it goes.
Back to the 5 day split - it worked well for me the last 3 weeks - just changed it to work a little better.

day 1 - Chest
day 2 - Back
day 3 - rest
day 4 - shoulders
day 5 -arms
day 6 - legs / calves
day 7 - rest

Did Chest Monday and Back tonight
Mike was right I was making it harder then it has to be - Thank You :)

gman
11-04-2009, 05:20 AM
It's all good, Blu. Just stick with it and get the calories up and you will be fine.

There are hundreds of splits out there and they probably all work well.

Do this one for a couple of months and then maybe try something different...just have fun with it.

freebirdmac
11-04-2009, 05:52 AM
Gloves and straps...

I have small hands and not much meat on my palm. it's for the latter reason that I bought these http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sck/women.html. I need that extra padding for pressing. It does not interfere with my grip at all. I do have slight callouses, but they are no biggie. They are going to happen to some degree no matter what.

I bought versa grips and will never go back to straps. :no:

freebirdmac
11-04-2009, 05:55 AM
You guys have me scared now :(
damn I really messed myself up...I won't give up ...I want this with all my heart and soul

I've been where you are Blu. Take a leap of faith. Just do it.

blu2xtreme
11-04-2009, 09:14 AM
I've been where you are Blu. Take a leap of faith. Just do it.

Thank You so much for this statement and for your help.

I have been close to ordering the versa grips a few times but figured in was over kill but after last nights workout I think the time has come and will be getting new gloves - I like the ones in the link.
Which versa's did you get ...was wonding if I should get the Fit ones since my hands are smaller? The classic are like 20 bucks cheaper.

Thanks Mike for your help ...wouldn't have gotten this far with out you pushing me:)

buckimscl
11-04-2009, 09:16 AM
Good morning darling!!! I'm back and things are looking good.

blu2xtreme
11-04-2009, 09:17 AM
Good morning darling!!! I'm back and things are looking good.

Yeah Bucki's here:)

buckimscl
11-04-2009, 09:18 AM
I had to stop by and see some of my fave women!!

freebirdmac
11-04-2009, 10:46 AM
Thank You so much for this statement and for your help.

I have been close to ordering the versa grips a few times but figured in was over kill but after last nights workout I think the time has come and will be getting new gloves - I like the ones in the link.
Which versa's did you get ...was wonding if I should get the Fit ones since my hands are smaller? The classic are like 20 bucks cheaper.

Thanks Mike for your help ...wouldn't have gotten this far with out you pushing me:)

I ordered the gloves in xs if that tells you anything. Their size chart is pretty accurate. For the versa grips I got the Pro's in a small. I like the longer grip. I use them over my gloves. I'd be lost without them on deads and shrugs.

blu2xtreme
11-04-2009, 10:58 AM
thanks will order some tonight

I ordered the gloves in xs if that tells you anything. Their size chart is pretty accurate. For the versa grips I got the Pro's in a small. I like the longer grip. I use them over my gloves. I'd be lost without them on deads and shrugs.

blu2xtreme
11-04-2009, 08:44 PM
off training night - did cardio this morning

Food exactly the as yesterday -

Total
cals1,378
fat 43.9
carbs88.1
pro161.0

freebirdmac
11-04-2009, 08:50 PM
Just add a banana to that and it'd be better. Remember, you're to go to 1500 next week.

blu2xtreme
11-04-2009, 08:54 PM
Just add a banana to that and it'd be better. Remember, you're to go to 1500 next week.

Happen to have bananas in the house my daughter has one every morning.
So I will have one ..easy enough to add.:yep:

gman
11-04-2009, 09:03 PM
just an oz of almonds would put you over 1500....22 almonds

blu2xtreme
11-04-2009, 09:08 PM

I have almonds too...but your pushing don't have to go to 1500 until next
Was up a pound this morning ...physic's me out a little but ate like should.

freebirdmac
11-04-2009, 09:09 PM

She needs carbs in there over fat.

blu2xtreme
11-04-2009, 09:12 PM

So the banana is a better deal?

gman
11-04-2009, 09:17 PM

just showing how easy it is to pop an extra 150 cals...I can do it without batting an eye:p

freebirdmac
11-04-2009, 09:27 PM

For now yes. Next week you'll eat both :)

blu2xtreme
11-04-2009, 09:30 PM
For now yes. Next week you'll eat both :)

Got it :yep:

So how much trouble will I get in if I do some cardio tonight :confused:

Down4whatever
11-04-2009, 09:31 PM

Cardio with a fork would be nice..............

gman
11-04-2009, 09:33 PM

lots

blu2xtreme
11-04-2009, 09:36 PM
Cardio with a fork would be nice..............

Somehow I don't think we are thinking the same thing...
or maybe we are;)

to much time in the misc section:p

freebirdmac
11-04-2009, 09:44 PM
I've lost track... how much cardio are you doing now?

Down4whatever
11-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Somehow I don't think we are thinking the same thing...
or maybe we are;)

to much time in the misc section:p

LOL, cardio with a fork = eating more food, silly :rBaby:

blu2xtreme
11-04-2009, 09:48 PM
I've lost track... how much cardio are you doing now?

I'd rather not say :dunno:

ok ... I will fess up dropped down to 30 mins in am - but still doing 5 days a week...did do 30 mins this morning

blu2xtreme
11-04-2009, 09:49 PM
LOL, cardio with a fork = eating more food, silly :rBaby:

I get easily confused sometimes...not enough carbs:p

freebirdmac
11-04-2009, 09:51 PM
YOU ARE NOW LIMITED TO CARDIO 3X A WEEK FOR NO MORE THAN 30 MINUTES!!!!!

Seriously. That much cardio on your cals serves absolutely no purpose and is in fact detrimental.