PDA

View Full Version : Show Preparation Tips and Pointers

Scoobysnacks
02-27-2009, 01:50 PM
Wasnt sure what to call this thread. But, what I want to see here are tips and pointers regarding prep, not just posting a diet, but what has worked for your tan, what has worked for posing music, trunks, day of travel (packing food). Also you can post any learning experiences, as in I wont do that again. I make no promise that what everyone posts is correct, as it will be there own opinion. Ill lead off with a few.

Trunks: The old school thick sides and large backside coverage are out. Although I dont lean towards the Brazilian cut either. I go middle of the road I think its called Flex cut. I purchase my trunks at Cherrybombs.net but Im sure others have some other good places.

Tan: Ive been sprayed, Ive used ProTan and Ive used DreamTan. Spraying works the best for me. Just make sure you loofa'ed leading up to getting sprayed and stopped putting on lotion a few days prior. Ive used ProTan and Ive never been dark enough even with 4 coats. Ive put DreamTan on top in a thin coat, but Ive seen some bad DreamTan applications where the guy looked like he rolled around in mud out back. If you are comepeting at the national level leave the DreamTan at home I can tell you that much from what Ive read.

Ill post more as I think of them, but this is an open dialogue thread so whatever tips, tricks or pointers you need help with or want to share please do.

mr.genetics
02-27-2009, 01:54 PM
That link for trunks is an adult dating site......

Scoobysnacks
02-27-2009, 01:54 PM
I believe this should suit your physique. If you are 143 lb bantam dont come out to heavy metal and throw most musculars all over the stage. If symmetry is your strong suit you will probably want music you can transition well too. If size is your strong suit then a heavier metal music may suit you.

Think about how you want to pose and present yourself, then pick your music wisely.

Over the years Ive used Fugees, Here I Come You Cant Hide (not sure of real title), 311 (Amber), I used some instrumentals from the movie 300. I didnt care for it once I really thought about it, that was a mistake.

I personally need something that when I hear it, it makes me want to start my posing and transitioning.

Another thing, pick a few and burn them on your MP3 then train to them, I bet over your 16 week diet one will start to stick out more, then you can start to think of poses and transitions as you are doing cardio or training, etc.

Ss

Scoobysnacks
02-27-2009, 01:55 PM
That link for trunks is an adult dating site......

Ive fixed it, check now.

mr.genetics
02-27-2009, 01:58 PM
Cool. A good price too.

Scoobysnacks
02-27-2009, 02:18 PM
while we are on the subject of trunks, you want the thin sides to sit high up in the hip grooves, so it creates a bit of a V in the front, not flat across, that will cut you off giving a less desirable appearance. My avi and profile pic demonstrate what I mean.

thepump
02-27-2009, 04:43 PM
HAVE A SHOT OF J.D helps the veins pop. rids last bite of sub fluids from under the skin.

and that works for me. im not saying its tru for every one.

just works for me

and it takes the edge off a lil befor u step on stage.

Scoobysnacks
02-27-2009, 05:29 PM
Ive done just a bit of wine the night before, about 4 oz, the alcohol pulls water into the stool and out the body thus drying one out a bit more. But, you have to be careful or you will end up with a splitting headache in the morning. You dont need much. But its certainly not a must to be dry.

Scoobysnacks
03-01-2009, 10:26 AM
1) If you arent lean enough, having that thin skinned look, no amount of pointers will help.
2) If you dont understand how to manipulate, carbs, water, sodium and potassium you are best off just sticking to your diet and maybe getting in a little bit more carbs either thurs or fri depending on how your body processes them.
3) It takes 3 grams water to seat 1 gram carbs. You can use this to your advantage to pull sub q. Say you eat 300 carbs, that would need 900 grams water, what happens if you only take in 600 grams, the carbs will pull the water from under the skin, make sense?
4) Dont cut out your sodium completely, you may adjust it a tad, but Ive seen more physiques ruined this way.
5) Dont cut water to ridiculous levels, safest bet is probably to keep it high all week taper it a bit friday then drop it friday night and sip saturday...you need some water to be full on stage. Its a balancing act.
6) Prep H doesnt do shit, dont mess with it, the active water pulling ingredient has been removed.

So what have we learned, dont cut sodium completely, dont cut water completely, and drying out is a process of loading some carbs, the amount depends on you and your preparation.

Think SLIGHT tweaks.

If you are ready early, a trial run is best.

These are just some talking points and pointers, nothing around this is set in stone. You will hear some people do a fat loading with very little carbs, for me, as an ecto without great bellies, this doesnt work, but Ive learned that through trial and error.

Ss

cranny
03-02-2009, 07:43 AM
If you're using Protan or anything similar, be sure to either coat your nails w/ vasaline or paint them w/ clear polish before applying any tanning agent. Otherwise you'll look like a chronic chain smoker of 40yrs. w/ nice brown nails for wks. afterwards. You can't wash it off your nails; it will only wear off.
BTW, this looks like a great site. Glad to be here.

the mighty stu
03-02-2009, 03:59 PM
Very cool thread! I'm 9 weeks out of my 1st show, and insanely hunting down all the advice/suggestions I can find. Here's a question I was pondering that you experienced competitors can help with,.. do you change your split as the show gets closer? I've been on a 5 day split for a while now, and have begun doing 2 days of interval work (15-20 mins) on my shorter session days. Would I be better served utilizing an antagonistic superset approach, possibly getting a metabolic boost from the added intensity? I tried this the last week and a half, and honestly do not feel like I am doing my msucles (especially my weaker areas) justice. I know some Natty pros (I talk to Jim Cordova) will train for growth right up until the show.

Thanks. This should be a very cool thread.

S

Scoobysnacks
03-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Very cool thread! I'm 9 weeks out of my 1st show, and insanely hunting down all the advice/suggestions I can find. Here's a question I was pondering that you experienced competitors can help with,.. do you change your split as the show gets closer? I've been on a 5 day split for a while now, and have begun doing 2 days of interval work (15-20 mins) on my shorter session days. Would I be better served utilizing an antagonistic superset approach, possibly getting a metabolic boost from the added intensity? I tried this the last week and a half, and honestly do not feel like I am doing my msucles (especially my weaker areas) justice. I know some Natty pros (I talk to Jim Cordova) will train for growth right up until the show.

Thanks. This should be a very cool thread.

S

I will not change my attitude of training to build muscle the entire time. Nothing changes, and usually I really dont lose strength until very deep into prep, right now Im 16 weeks out and started VERY slowly at 20 weeks and Im getting stronger.

I would not lighten the load or change what built the muscle, what built it will keep it.

Rob
03-03-2009, 01:29 PM
#1 posing, posing and more posing...nothing worse then somebody with a great physique, who does not know how to show it off. Or vice versa, someone with a subpar physique can place much better then they otherwise would if they know how to show off their strong points. Practice makes perfect and you will feel more comfortable and confident on stage.

#2 Shave well in advance of the show in case you have never shaved before and are prone to ingrown hairs and irritation.

#3 Don't get caught up worrying about others who will be competing...worry about yourself and your prep since that is what you can control.

Scoobysnacks
03-03-2009, 02:24 PM
#1 posing, posing and more posing...nothing worse then somebody with a great physique, who does not know how to show it off. Or vice versa, someone with a subpar physique can place much better then they otherwise would if they know how to show off their strong points. Practice makes perfect and you will feel more comfortable and confident on stage.

#2 Shave well in advance of the show in case you have never shaved before and are prone to ingrown hairs and irritation.

#3 Don't get caught up worrying about others who will be competing...worry about yourself and your prep since that is what you can control.

#1 and #3 are EXCELLENT points. Now for #2 I do like to keep the upper body groomed as the show nears, but the legs I have to wait until the final days right before I apply my tanner. If I do it early the hair grows back in the upper legs/thigh region and leads to really bad skin bumps, after the show I deal with them, but leading in I dont want that, maybe thats just me though.

Rob
03-03-2009, 04:28 PM
#1 and #3 are EXCELLENT points. Now for #2 I do like to keep the upper body groomed as the show nears, but the legs I have to wait until the final days right before I apply my tanner. If I do it early the hair grows back in the upper legs/thigh region and leads to really bad skin bumps, after the show I deal with them, but leading in I dont want that, maybe thats just me though.

Interesting...I have heard of others who experience the same thing as you, but for myself and others that I have known, it seems that starting the shaving process early allows for the skin to adapt and after a few weeks irritation no longer occurs...that's why it's so true when people say "you have to find what works for you"

Scoobysnacks
03-03-2009, 05:11 PM
Interesting...I have heard of others who experience the same thing as you, but for myself and others that I have known, it seems that starting the shaving process early allows for the skin to adapt and after a few weeks irritation no longer occurs...that's why it's so true when people say "you have to find what works for you"

so true, but your point about posing is so spot on. Im embarassed to say that my first two shows I thought I was hitting them all correctly, but I was no where close. Especially on the rear poses with getting the legs right to have that X appearance.

gman
03-03-2009, 05:21 PM
I am absolutely clueless on posing. I have no feel for it at all, and my muscles just won't do what I want them to! lol I see a pic and think, I felt like I was doing a good job, but the pic is 99% disagreeing with me.

flaring lats just doesn't work for me, and I know I have at least a little bit of muscle there.

the mighty stu
03-03-2009, 06:10 PM
I've been watching as many youtube videos as I can, but it's very different to hit a pose correctly when you're watching yourself in a mirror, and when you can't see what you're doing. Here's hoping I don't completely screw up, lose my balance and fall off the stage at my fist show -lol.

S

tdcoach
03-03-2009, 09:08 PM
If you're using Protan or anything similar, be sure to either coat your nails w/ vasaline or paint them w/ clear polish before applying any tanning agent. Otherwise you'll look like a chronic chain smoker of 40yrs. w/ nice brown nails for wks. afterwards. You can't wash it off your nails; it will only wear off.

Great advice for first timers. I think it took 8 months to get all the brown off of my toenails.

HeavyDutyGuy
03-18-2009, 08:17 PM
Plastic wrap, if you're holding water in your abs thighs, etc. Wrap yourself in it overnight. It will make you sweat in those areas and the plastic will pull the water to it. Kills any chance of precontest nightly sex, but hey there's the next night, ha!

v1hyp
03-18-2009, 08:46 PM
Nice read!

Zetawill
04-16-2009, 03:25 PM
On shaving, I'm an extremely hairy guy and this will sound like something out of the show Queer Eye (it actually is), but every since I heard about this I've been doing it and haven't had a single ingrown hair or bump since.
Exfoliate the skin before shaving. I use both the scrub and an exfoliating brush and it works wonders!

Great thread btw!

Larry C
04-16-2009, 03:50 PM
On shaving, I'm an extremely hairy guy and this will sound like something out of the show Queer Eye (it actually is), but every since I heard about this I've been doing it and haven't had a single ingrown hair or bump since.
Exfoliate the skin before shaving. I use both the scrub and an exfoliating brush and it works wonders!

Great thread btw!
Do those exfoliating brushes cost much? Last time I shaved I got bumps and spots eveywhere I shaved. I was thinking about getting a loofa for my back aswell.

Mr. Shoulders
04-17-2009, 10:45 AM
How about condensing all these valid pointers into a sticky that can be copied and printed out?...It may help a a lot of competitors out

blacktaboo
04-19-2009, 01:09 PM
this is a great thread.....my 2cents worth is....for 1st timers practice posing in the mirror..as u feel comfortable with ur shots practice posing with ur eyes closed so u can feel how ur muscles should feel in the shot.. when u have hit the shot open ur eyes and take a look that u have hit the pose properly...soon posing without the mirror is eaasy because u know how ur body feels in each transition and whilst holding the shots....

Scoobysnacks
04-19-2009, 04:35 PM
this is a great thread.....my 2cents worth is....for 1st timers practice posing in the mirror..as u feel comfortable with ur shots practice posing with ur eyes closed so u can feel how ur muscles should feel in the shot.. when u have hit the shot open ur eyes and take a look that u have hit the pose properly...soon posing without the mirror is eaasy because u know how ur body feels in each transition and whilst holding the shots....

this is good advice and I STILL do this even to this day.

v1hyp
04-19-2009, 06:09 PM
So what currently is the leading product to tan with?

Luka Treska
04-19-2009, 06:24 PM
For posing I do this - in the 10-5 weeks out period I pose in front of a camera, while constantly looking at the camera screen. From weeks 4-1 I flip the camera screen, and go through the poses. I watch the video back and write down all the mistakes I made over and over (I'll record the mandatories 4-5 times back to back). Then, with those mistakes in mind, I record the poses another 2-3 times back to back, and narrow the list down further. I know I'm ready when my list of mistakes is a blank page.

tdcoach
04-19-2009, 11:13 PM

I prefer Jan Tana, spay on competition color.

sassy69
04-19-2009, 11:25 PM

You can also use moisturizer. Don't forget your toenails too.

sam
04-29-2009, 12:12 PM
i'm planning to do my first show in september and feel i have so much to learn. thank you for all this great info guys and gals. it's so helpful!!:wavey:

jaypeezy
07-21-2009, 04:26 PM
any tips on how to apply the color to your face?...i always seem to look like a caveman by the time i put all that stuff on...

Scoobysnacks
07-21-2009, 04:32 PM
any tips on how to apply the color to your face?...i always seem to look like a caveman by the time i put all that stuff on...

first you have to be careful at the hairline as color will build up there. What I do if Im tanning myself (I get sprayed if its offered at the show, so much easier) is pour some protan in a bowl, and dip the corner of the sponge applicator into the solution. And apply a light coat. I usually repeat it in the morning. I usually put the first application on the night before as far as the face is concerned.

Shawn Bellon
07-21-2009, 06:45 PM
I ended up looking like a ghost of 5 coats of Jan Tana. I sweat like crazy in the heat. And we had to wear full body coverage when not on stage. I ended up using dream tan the cream in the finals and it was much better.

Any thoughts on what could have helped my color?

Scoobysnacks
07-21-2009, 07:01 PM
I ended up looking like a ghost of 5 coats of Jan Tana. I sweat like crazy in the heat. And we had to wear full body coverage when not on stage. I ended up using dream tan the cream in the finals and it was much better.

Any thoughts on what could have helped my color?

Better skin prep, possibly. At least one week out you should be loofa"ing your entire body. This will remove the dead skin. The hour before applying your first coat rinse off one more time and this time after you wash use some baking soda on the skin while in the show then rinse that off, this will neutralize the ph and allow the skin to take the color better.

Also, you are probably going to need a base tan. Dream Tan like you found it is the only way I was ever dark enough when I applied my own color. Id use ProTan and then use a thin coat of Dream Tan. Gotta be careful to slap it in and not just rub a shit ton on or it looks horrible.

Now I always use the spray services at the show. Not only does it save at least 5 hrs of your time and your partners time, but Im always dark enough now.

Ss

Shawn Bellon
07-21-2009, 07:43 PM
I think that is what I will follow then. Thanks!

GottaGetLean
07-21-2009, 09:19 PM
im preping for a show in november gona be my first, my only problem im having is when to cut out sodium and how to carb up exactly.. any tips??

Scoobysnacks
07-23-2009, 11:40 AM
im preping for a show in november gona be my first, my only problem im having is when to cut out sodium and how to carb up exactly.. any tips??

Dont cut sodium, big mistake. You can taper it slightly. Ive found the easiest way to be able to do this and not flatten is to hike your sodium up at the start of the diet. I do this by adding 1/4 tsp of sea salt to all 6-7 meals. Sure you will gain some water weight at first but then the body will settle back into homeostasis. So what youve done is tricked it to acclimate to a higher level, so when its time you can simply not add 1/4 sea salt to say three of your meals. In this way you are still getting enough sodium but you created a shift. Just one way to do it. Some people dont mess with sodium at all, and I can tell you its probably best to only slightly adjust or not at all. Especially for your first show.

Carbing up, thats depends on a lot of factors. I suggest really taking stock of how your body reacts to carbs, carb ups and low carb during the dieting process. In general many start on Weds and taper it in to the show, with the highest intake on Weds, what that amount should be will differ based on a lot of factors.

Lastly, Ill leave you with this. Its better to be slightly undercarbed than overcarbed and blurry.

Ss

reformathard
08-30-2009, 11:52 PM
so im putting on a few coats of protan on wednesday and the show is saturday. will 3 more coats on friday be good (total of 5 coats)? does everyone shower after all the coats or just leave it on kinda with that weird gunk/residue stuff as well?

pretty much im asking do you guys take a rinse after a few applications?

Scoobysnacks
09-02-2009, 01:04 PM
I rinse after my early coats, but I dont rinse off my friday eve coats unless Im reapplying in morning.

Oh and 5 coats is never enough for me. I either have to do more or I have to use Dream Tan. I just get sprayed by the contest sanctioned sprayer, much darker and save about 6 hrs of your time.

latissimus26
09-18-2009, 01:57 PM
Dont cut sodium, big mistake. You can taper it slightly. Ive found the easiest way to be able to do this and not flatten is to hike your sodium up at the start of the diet. I do this by adding 1/4 tsp of sea salt to all 6-7 meals. Sure you will gain some water weight at first but then the body will settle back into homeostasis. So what youve done is tricked it to acclimate to a higher level, so when its time you can simply not add 1/4 sea salt to say three of your meals. In this way you are still getting enough sodium but you created a shift. Just one way to do it. Some people dont mess with sodium at all, and I can tell you its probably best to only slightly adjust or not at all. Especially for your first show.

Carbing up, thats depends on a lot of factors. I suggest really taking stock of how your body reacts to carbs, carb ups and low carb during the dieting process. In general many start on Weds and taper it in to the show, with the highest intake on Weds, what that amount should be will differ based on a lot of factors.

Lastly, Ill leave you with this. Its better to be slightly undercarbed than overcarbed and blurry.

Ss

i've been watching your posts, and they've helped me alot in prep for my first show. my theory involves potassium. i figure, when i carb up, i'll use foods rich in potassium (raisins, bananas) to pull more water into the muscle cells, rather than holding it under the skin. what do you think?

Scoobysnacks
09-18-2009, 02:57 PM
i've been watching your posts, and they've helped me alot in prep for my first show. my theory involves potassium. i figure, when i carb up, i'll use foods rich in potassium (raisins, bananas) to pull more water into the muscle cells, rather than holding it under the skin. what do you think?

For the way I think, it makes perfect sense which is why I like to carb up with white potatoes and sweet, both loaded with potassium. Not as big of a fan of bannanas, not that they dont have a ton of potassium I just dont get as full on fruit. I had two post workout the other night and it just felt different than when i have a white or sweet post workout. It was the same or more carbs, but I still felt flatter. YOu can throw in raisins and fruit but Id rely on sweets and whites for the potassium. Just how I do things. A mixture would do fine.

Good Luck

Ss

latissimus26
09-18-2009, 03:36 PM
awesome. thanks so much. i never even gave potatoes a thought. i was shooting for something more low glycemic so i, naturally, just referred straight to fruit. how many grams per bodywieght lbs do you think? i was planning on 2g/lb on wed, 1.5g/lb on thurs, and 1g/lb on fri and sat.

latissimus26
09-18-2009, 04:03 PM
For the way I think, it makes perfect sense which is why I like to carb up with white potatoes and sweet, both loaded with potassium. Not as big of a fan of bannanas, not that they dont have a ton of potassium I just dont get as full on fruit. I had two post workout the other night and it just felt different than when i have a white or sweet post workout. It was the same or more carbs, but I still felt flatter. YOu can throw in raisins and fruit but Id rely on sweets and whites for the potassium. Just how I do things. A mixture would do fine.

Good Luck

Ss

you're the man! i did some further research on the potatoes. they blow the fruit away as far as potassium content. looks as though red potatoes may a good way to go as well, though they don't have as much fiber.

DAVIDHARDY
09-24-2009, 02:33 PM
An easy way that I found to apply the protan rather than using the sponge was to use handi-wipes(Wal-Mart for like 5 bucks). It stretches out the bottle too. I used one bottle with the handi-wipes and there was a guy at the show that sponged on 3 bottles and I was WAY darker than he was. Just spry the wipe down and rub it on. I can usually get about 20 coats out of a bottle this way and it takes about 5 min for the coats to dry. It was time consuming, so for this show, I'm getting sprayed a couple of times before and using Jantana competition color before I get on stage.

Scoobysnacks
09-24-2009, 02:41 PM
awesome. thanks so much. i never even gave potatoes a thought. i was shooting for something more low glycemic so i, naturally, just referred straight to fruit. how many grams per bodywieght lbs do you think? i was planning on 2g/lb on wed, 1.5g/lb on thurs, and 1g/lb on fri and sat.

Oops I missed this one, but you are kind of on your own for this one. I personally can handle more but thats me, you will need to find your way and base it off of how you look and how you respond to carbs in general.

Gr8rGood
10-14-2009, 11:53 PM
This is such a great forum thread. I'm definitely coming back to it when I do my first show.

Tan Man
12-12-2009, 05:12 PM

Check out www.pke.com.au (http://www.pke.com.au)

When learning how to hit your poses, strike a pose in front of a full length mirror. Check to make sure you have hit it right, have someone experienced help you.
Then close your eyes & feel the pose, don't change it, just feel it.
Practise this many times over.
When you are on stage & you have no mirror, close your eyes & feel the pose.
It will work for you.;)
TM

v1hyp
12-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Check out www.pke.com.au (http://www.pke.com.au)

When learning how to hit your poses, strike a pose in front of a full length mirror. Check to make sure you have hit it right, have someone experienced help you.
Then close your eyes & feel the pose, don't change it, just feel it.
Practise this many times over.
When you are on stage & you have no mirror, close your eyes & feel the pose.
It will work for you.;)
TM

Great site thanks!

sassy69
12-13-2009, 01:36 AM

first you have to be careful at the hairline as color will build up there. What I do if Im tanning myself (I get sprayed if its offered at the show, so much easier) is pour some protan in a bowl, and dip the corner of the sponge applicator into the solution. And apply a light coat. I usually repeat it in the morning. I usually put the first application on the night before as far as the face is concerned.

Another approach you can take is get your tanning done up to your chin line as you would regularly. Then get the matching foundation makeup. For Protan, MAC NW45 matches perfectly. You can just put it on the morning of the show & touch up as needed. Jan Tana has a foundation in their product line, and you could also probably get a match w/ the MAC products. (I've never used Jan Tana so can't tell you personally.) I've also used Liquid Sunrayz tanning product - NW45 doens't match it quite right so you'd have to look for something else to match this as well.

My experience w/ protanning my face was that it dries out and with that, if you are sweating, it will show the runs, or if you get really dried out, it will start to crack around your smile / eyes. And then you can just wash off the foundation when the day is over, as opposed to scraping off the protan.

liquid sun rayz
12-13-2009, 07:19 PM
Actually, MAC NW47 or NC 50 will work well with my product. Look for us to have our own foundation by the Arnold in March. Working on a wet/dry mineral foundation right now;) this way one will be able to control the depth of color to match how the color looks on their skin. Another trick, for men and women both....unless women do not want the face sprayed at all, we normally do one light coat, then have men and women both wash the face off well in the morning ( have someone ring the cloth out for you if possible). This gives women a clean face to apply make up to, also helping with getting a good color match as the face gets some color development, and on men avoids a dirty, monkey lip look. It is easy enough to hit the face again lightly on men if the color needs to be tweaked up again.

Also I have read a lot on this thread about exfoliating with a loofa. Bad idea, much better to use a nylon exfoliating glove. Loofas are way too stiff and will not exfoliate evenly, where as the nylon glove can be contoured to every part of the body providing a very thorough exfoliation. Mid week pre competition, first use some baking soda, mixed with a mild shower gel and lightly exfoliate entire body. Using your hands or wash cloth is fine with this step. The alkalinity will start to lift dead skin cells within about 3 minutes, THEN follow with a good body scrub, preferably sugar based and one that contains very very light oils.Now use the nylon glove, using a light circular motion. No need to get too aggressive here, and do not do this on the face. Since the sugar will start to emulsify, you can shave as well with the scrub. Repeat this again before getting sprayed, or applying the color the day before competition. Just make sure if you do shave with a traditional shaving aide as a last step, wash the residue off your skin with a mild shower gell rinse. Folow these steps, and regardless of what tanning product you choose to use, the results will be great. We prefer shaving be done to night before getting sprayed, but if you have to do it the day of,do it at least several hours before getting tanned. Hope this helps some.

www.liquidsunrayz.com

liquid sun rayz
12-13-2009, 07:26 PM
Actually, MAC NW47 or NC 50 will work well with my product. Look for us to have our own foundation by the Arnold in March. Working on a wet/dry mineral foundation right now;) this way one will be able to control the depth of color to match how the color looks on their skin. Another trick, for men and women both....unless women do not want the face sprayed at all, we normally do one light coat, then have men and women both wash the face off well in the morning ( have someone ring the cloth out for you if possible). This gives women a clean face to apply make up to, also helping with getting a good color match as the face gets some color development, and on men avoids a dirty, monkey lip look. It is easy enough to hit the face again lightly on men if the color needs to be tweaked up again.

Also I have read a lot on this thread about exfoliating with a loofa. Bad idea, much better to use a nylon exfoliating glove. Loofas are way too stiff and will not exfoliate evenly, where as the nylon glove can be contoured to every part of the body providing a very thorough exfoliation. Mid week pre competition, first use some baking soda, mixed with a mild shower gel and lightly exfoliate entire body. Using your hands or wash cloth is fine with this step. The alkalinity will start to lift dead skin cells within about 3 minutes, THEN follow with a good body scrub, preferably sugar based and one that contains very very light oils.Now use the nylon glove, using a light circular motion. No need to get too aggressive here, and do not do this on the face. Since the sugar will start to emulsify, you can shave as well with the scrub. Repeat this again before getting sprayed, or applying the color the day before competition. Just make sure if you do shave with a traditional shaving aide as a last step, wash the residue off your skin with a mild shower gell rinse. Folow these steps, and regardless of what tanning product you choose to use, the results will be great. We prefer shaving be done the night before getting sprayed, but if you have to do it the day of,do it at least several hours before getting tanned. Hope this helps some.

www.liquidsunrayz.com (http://www.liquidsunrayz.com)

frankpt
04-15-2010, 09:15 PM
I like to get a really dark base tan. I apply pro tan the day before 3 coats. This works for me. I used dream tan and it made me look shiny real shiny. I was sprayed with jan tana and it ran off me during pre judging. I do think that color is an individual thing,maybe different skin types and such. For the diet, I stay exactly on until the day of the show. I switch to distilled water 2 days out then I keep water in,cut it the night before completely. I really don't believe in any drastic measures, I have seen people ruin all of their hard work doing this.

A-Maxx
04-19-2010, 11:29 PM
awesome thread...im 2 weeks out from the NPC jay Cutler classic...currently on Layne Nortons basic sodium and carb manipulation.

This is my first show and I'm pumped!!!! :yep:

Scoobysnacks
04-20-2010, 08:44 AM
awesome thread...im 2 weeks out from the NPC jay Cutler classic...currently on Layne Nortons basic sodium and carb manipulation.

This is my first show and I'm pumped!!!! :yep:
I have a client in the lightweights, should be a good show. Good Luck

Ss

BBD
05-21-2010, 11:28 AM
Does anyone have any insight on ProTan vs Jan Tana regarding which one stays more consistent on stage and less prone to rolling/running off from light skin perspiration? Iv been sprayed with Jan Tana and applied light dream tan and was plenty dark but the color ran off bad during prejudging. Iv also used ProTan and wasnt dark enough but it stayed solid and clean during prejuding without a sign of runs etc.

Im leaning towards what worked for me in the past ie ProTan but everyone I know keeps telling me that Jan Tana sprayed on without dream tan over it wont run and will look much better than ProTan on stage? Any opinions?

Id rather be a touch to light and stay dry rather than be dark and melting away on along prejudge.

Scoobysnacks
05-21-2010, 11:41 AM
Does anyone have any insight on ProTan vs Jan Tana regarding which one stays more consistent on stage and less prone to rolling/running off from light skin perspiration? Iv been sprayed with Jan Tana and applied light dream tan and was plenty dark but the color ran off bad during prejudging. Iv also used ProTan and wasnt dark enough but it stayed solid and clean during prejuding without a sign of runs etc.

Im leaning towards what worked for me in the past ie ProTan but everyone I know keeps telling me that Jan Tana sprayed on without dream tan over it wont run and will look much better than ProTan on stage? Any opinions?

Id rather be a touch to light and stay dry rather than be dark and melting away on along prejudge.

You are doing Jr Nats right? Honestly, if it were me, Id get sprayed, and I am. Contact Liquid Sun Rayz they do a great job. www.liquidsunrayz.com (http://www.liquidsunrayz.com) if you want to check out those that use the color. Oh in my profile is a pic from Jrs last year and I was sprayed by LSR. And those lights are HARSH, brightest Ive ever been under.

Otherwise, Im partial to Pro Tan with a thin layer of Dream Tan beat into the skin, slap and push.

Ss

adamnewera
05-21-2010, 11:42 AM
i have use pro, jana, and dream tan. jan tana is the best in my opinion. no running. hopefully if you are super dry you wont be able to sweat! haha

James Tucci
05-21-2010, 01:05 PM
I'm doing my first regional show this November...this is such a great thread! Thanks SS, and all members contributing.

BBD
05-22-2010, 11:34 AM
You are doing Jr Nats right? Honestly, if it were me, Id get sprayed, and I am. Contact Liquid Sun Rayz they do a great job. www.liquidsunrayz.com (http://www.liquidsunrayz.com) if you want to check out those that use the color. Oh in my profile is a pic from Jrs last year and I was sprayed by LSR. And those lights are HARSH, brightest Ive ever been under.

Otherwise, Im partial to Pro Tan with a thin layer of Dream Tan beat into the skin, slap and push.

Ss

Yes Im doing Jr Nats. Iv havent heard much about LSR, but Iv seen the color and it looks great. My main concern is the ability of the product to stick to my skin. Im one of those that takes a while to dry and tend to smuge and run very easily. You reccomend LSR over Protan assuming getting sprayed proffessionally by either company? Thanks for the info man, Il def be using one of the two products.

The Protan with a light layer of Dream Tan sounds like it could be great if done right. Mayb Il giv that a light test run on my legs in the next week or so and see how it comes out.

v1hyp
05-22-2010, 07:37 PM
I order some products from JT a few weeks ago http://www.jantana.com/index.php/competition-color/ultra-1-hi-definition-color-collection-1.html (http://www.jantana.com/index.php/competition-color/ultra-1-hi-definition-color-collection-1.html) and when it got here, one of the bottle leaked all over the bottom. So I had to return it and wait for another shipment. I’m still waiting and the show is next Saturday. I called and they said that it should be here by next wed which is cutting it a tad close for my liking!!

joe293
06-28-2010, 10:12 AM
Yes Im doing Jr Nats. Iv havent heard much about LSR, but Iv seen the color and it looks great. My main concern is the ability of the product to stick to my skin. Im one of those that takes a while to dry and tend to smuge and run very easily. You reccomend LSR over Protan assuming getting sprayed proffessionally by either company? Thanks for the info man, Il def be using one of the two products.

The Protan with a light layer of Dream Tan sounds like it could be great if done right. Mayb Il giv that a light test run on my legs in the next week or so and see how it comes out.

BBD,
I know the Jr's are over but I'm researching tanning products myself and saw your post about products not sticking or running. I talked to Evan Centopani and he (to my surprise) said Protan all the way. He said it's the ONLY product that sticks and won't come off. He mentioned a light coat of something else the morning of the show but I think it was just muscle sheen to highlight and not be too shiny. Says he starts putting it on 3 days out.

SwoleChamp
08-02-2010, 05:10 PM
I wish this thread was available when i did my first show! All great advice and ill leave a few items that worked for me!

Tan: Pro tan worked great for me, i hit tanning bed 3 days a week for the two weeks before the show, and wed night 1 coat, thursday night 1 coat, fri morn 1 coat, fri night 1 coat, and sat morn 1 coat. Color was great for me.

Posing trunks: i had two pair of flex cut from cherry bomb and a pair of vandella trunks. ended up going with the vandellas, they were the same cut just better color!

water pill: used scivation showtime and it did great, pulled almost 8lbs of water out the 4 days before show!

Carb loading: This DID NOT WORK for me, my body worked best by just adding a few carb meals back in the week before show, nothing major though as i learned!

Good luck to everyone at their first show!

Woofman81
08-19-2010, 02:26 AM

Also I have read a lot on this thread about exfoliating with a loofa. Bad idea, much better to use a nylon exfoliating glove. Loofas are way too stiff and will not exfoliate evenly, where as the nylon glove can be contoured to every part of the body providing a very thorough exfoliation. Mid week pre competition, first use some baking soda, mixed with a mild shower gel and lightly exfoliate entire body. Using your hands or wash cloth is fine with this step. The alkalinity will start to lift dead skin cells within about 3 minutes, THEN follow with a good body scrub, preferably sugar based and one that contains very very light oils.Now use the nylon glove, using a light circular motion. No need to get too aggressive here, and do not do this on the face. Since the sugar will start to emulsify, you can shave as well with the scrub. Repeat this again before getting sprayed, or applying the color the day before competition. Just make sure if you do shave with a traditional shaving aide as a last step, wash the residue off your skin with a mild shower gell rinse. Folow these steps, and regardless of what tanning product you choose to use, the results will be great. We prefer shaving be done the night before getting sprayed, but if you have to do it the day of,do it at least several hours before getting tanned. Hope this helps some.

www.liquidsunrayz.com (http://www.liquidsunrayz.com)

What body scrub would you recommend? That, and I'm getting sprayed the day before my show. So it would be best to shave right before I get sprayed?

Scoobysnacks
08-19-2010, 08:31 AM
What body scrub would you recommend? That, and I'm getting sprayed the day before my show. So it would be best to shave right before I get sprayed?

LSR makes their own so check their site. If in a pinch loofa really well as she instructed above and apply baking soda after and rinse it off, this neutralizes the PH in your skin and the tan takes better. Otherwise, if you want get the scrub as it works and smells better.

Also, you would shave the morning of or the day before depending on how hairy you are. I think you just dont want to do it a couple hours prior as it could open the pours to much I believe I heard.

Ss

epifiny
09-09-2010, 07:39 PM
just checked in and got all caught up - again - thanks for all the information you provide for us , SS

epifiny
09-24-2010, 10:40 PM
Wasnt sure what to call this thread. But, what I want to see here are tips and pointers regarding prep, not just posting a diet, but what has worked for your tan, what has worked for posing music, trunks, day of travel (packing food). Also you can post any learning experiences, as in I wont do that again. I make no promise that what everyone posts is correct, as it will be there own opinion. Ill lead off with a few.

Trunks: The old school thick sides and large backside coverage are out. Although I dont lean towards the Brazilian cut either. I go middle of the road I think its called Flex cut. I purchase my trunks at Cherrybombs.net but Im sure others have some other good places.

Tan: Ive been sprayed, Ive used ProTan and Ive used DreamTan. Spraying works the best for me. Just make sure you loofa'ed leading up to getting sprayed and stopped putting on lotion a few days prior. Ive used ProTan and Ive never been dark enough even with 4 coats. Ive put DreamTan on top in a thin coat, but Ive seen some bad DreamTan applications where the guy looked like he rolled around in mud out back. If you are comepeting at the national level leave the DreamTan at home I can tell you that much from what Ive read.

Ill post more as I think of them, but this is an open dialogue thread so whatever tips, tricks or pointers you need help with or want to share please do.

what do you recommend for a darker person like myself that dont have access to spray tan? - have used jan tana's competition tan however lately the bottles have been coming it a liquidy kind of substances and is kind of a pain to put on. anything that works better for darker guys?

202Monster
10-02-2010, 11:53 AM
Does anyone know of any good sites to go to and edit your posing music for the show?

Suzanne
10-02-2010, 12:39 PM
1) If you arent lean enough, having that thin skinned look, no amount of pointers will help.
2) If you dont understand how to manipulate, carbs, water, sodium and potassium you are best off just sticking to your diet and maybe getting in a little bit more carbs either thurs or fri depending on how your body processes them.
3) It takes 3 grams water to seat 1 gram carbs. You can use this to your advantage to pull sub q. Say you eat 300 carbs, that would need 900 grams water, what happens if you only take in 600 grams, the carbs will pull the water from under the skin, make sense?
4) Dont cut out your sodium completely, you may adjust it a tad, but Ive seen more physiques ruined this way.
5) Dont cut water to ridiculous levels, safest bet is probably to keep it high all week taper it a bit friday then drop it friday night and sip saturday...you need some water to be full on stage. Its a balancing act.
6) Prep H doesnt do shit, dont mess with it, the active water pulling ingredient has been removed.

So what have we learned, dont cut sodium completely, dont cut water completely, and drying out is a process of loading some carbs, the amount depends on you and your preparation.

Think SLIGHT tweaks.

If you are ready early, a trial run is best.

These are just some talking points and pointers, nothing around this is set in stone. You will hear some people do a fat loading with very little carbs, for me, as an ecto without great bellies, this doesnt work, but Ive learned that through trial and error.

Ss

It is still in the Canadian version you can order form canadapharmacy.com

JRob
10-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Does anyone know of any good sites to go to and edit your posing music for the show?

A buddy of mine is a dj and has done all of my tracks and a few other guys as well. Small fee...completely custom...you just need to know what you want. Pm me if you're interested ;)

epifiny
10-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Question about the product: Hot stuff alot of people have on their websites - i see it used alot.. is that a sheen product as well or does that get put on after i use pam? i use pam for the sheen look.

joe293
10-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Question about the product: Hot stuff alot of people have on their websites - i see it used alot.. is that a sheen product as well or does that get put on after i use pam? i use pam for the sheen look.

It is a "sheen" you put on just as you would any other product. No need for the Pam if you use HotStuff. The difference is Hot Stuff heats up the skin sort of like Icy Hot. Some people like it and others not so much.

JRob
10-10-2010, 11:12 AM
I heard hotstuff can make your color run...

getcarved
10-14-2010, 10:18 AM
Hey Scooby, what do you think about Cinnamon as a glucose disposal agent? I liberally used Cinnamon during my prep along with r-ala.

ultraflexed
12-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Whats the key to striated gluted
Is more of drying out and peak week diurectics

Of can striated glutes be attained through just dieting down

Scoobysnacks
12-07-2010, 01:59 PM
Whats the key to striated gluted
Is more of drying out and peak week diurectics

Of can striated glutes be attained through just dieting down

Ha I wish, its all about diet and moreso SUFFERING those final weeks. Mine do get sharper when I peak, but if they arent showing lines prior to that they wont be there at the show.

Scoobysnacks
12-07-2010, 01:59 PM
Hey Scooby, what do you think about Cinnamon as a glucose disposal agent? I liberally used Cinnamon during my prep along with r-ala.

Its actually decent but there are better.

ultraflexed
12-07-2010, 10:10 PM
http://gallery.musclecontest.com/index.php?page=competitor&entry_id=1062
The link above is from my first show last may
I was 175 very full and hard an striated in the upper body but no detail or striations in the legs an got 12th place
I followed the peak week protocal u gave me for that show

The link below are from a show I did three weeks later I was 169 and got third place during that peak week I need not carb load I stayed on zero carb and just water loaded and sodium depletion, and cut watee friday afternoon,
My leg definition finally came in but I lacked fullness and hardness still no striated glutes
http://gallery.rxmuscle.com/index.php?contest=125&year=202&bodybuilder=10464#1

I just started my 20 week contest prep and plan on comming in 15 pounds heavier
Whay do u suggest for peak week so I can bring in my best conditioning an win

flexingtonsteele
12-08-2010, 04:33 AM
http://gallery.musclecontest.com/index.php?page=competitor&entry_id=1062
The link above is from my first show last may
I was 175 very full and hard an striated in the upper body but no detail or striations in the legs an got 12th place
I followed the peak week protocal u gave me for that show

The link below are from a show I did three weeks later I was 169 and got third place during that peak week I need not carb load I stayed on zero carb and just water loaded and sodium depletion, and cut watee friday afternoon,
My leg definition finally came in but I lacked fullness and hardness still no striated glutes
http://gallery.rxmuscle.com/index.php?contest=125&year=202&bodybuilder=10464#1

I just started my 20 week contest prep and plan on comming in 15 pounds heavier

you have good shape, but you still had a pretty good amount of fat on you.

you gotta diet harder and actually suffer this time.

dieting shouldnt be easy.

plus you need some more muscle in that lower body for it to get "shredded" and striated. if you're dieting now you cant worry about that, just do the best with what u got. well i guess if you have 20 weeks left, id use that first 10 weeks of the 20 to really really pound your legs. Squat, squat and squat some more.

and dont worry how u place 12th or 3rd, it doesnt matter. you just want to improve each time.

bhman6
12-08-2010, 08:41 AM
plan on comming in 15 pounds heavier

there's your problem....focusing on the scale

how do you think you'll be able to come in 15lbs. heavier and significantly leaner at the same time? I highly doubt you gained 20-25lbs. of solid mass since your last shows....that's what it would take for you to be 15lbs. heavier AND shredded....which isn't likely

just focus on conditioning and let the scale fall where it needs to fall

Scoobysnacks
12-08-2010, 08:53 AM
Ultra they gave you some good advice. You looked pretty good for your second show, but you still had fat to lose as you said. Just get pealed dont worry about being 15lbs more than last time.

Also, there is no way I could even begin to help you with peak week 20 weeks out. I dont know what you will weigh, how you will diet in, how you will look, how you react to certain things, etc and so forth. I can infer a few things if I know these things later on, but even said, im not gonna create your peak week for ya, I get paid by others to that very thing.

I will however, give you pointers to a specific question that you have.

Ss

ultraflexed
12-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Thanks for all the resplies
This off season I did get up to 235 pound at 14%
U were right about my legs
But that was back in june im 60 pounds heavier my biggest improvements
Were in my legs youll see a huge difference this time around trust

My last prep I ran dave's diet for 6 months thats suffering!!!

Thanks again scoob and company for the all the replies ill keep u posted

Scoobysnacks
12-08-2010, 02:12 PM

Yeah but if you werent working with Dave it was probably misguided suffering, therefore resutling in muscle loss, and not obtaining the shredded glutes you asked about.

Keto isnt for everyone, or if its ran, you need to know what type of body you are, some people a once a week cheat meal is definitely not enough to retain lbm....I myself need hours upon hours of stuffing my face after 6 days of keto just gain a few lbs and shed them in a day or two to a new low....

In any event....glutes are about suffering but also knowing what you are doing with you diet.

Ss

flexingtonsteele
12-09-2010, 03:57 AM
Thanks for all the resplies
This off season I did get up to 235 pound at 14%
U were right about my legs
But that was back in june im 60 pounds heavier my biggest improvements
Were in my legs youll see a huge difference this time around trust

Thanks again scoob and company for the all the replies ill keep u posted

Listen to scooby he knows what he's talking about. Plus he's a really nice and pretty honest guy.

If u did dave's diet for 6 mos, you prolly didnt do it right, there is no cookie cutter approach to dieting. U cant say, im gonna do "this" for 6 weeks, then im gonna do "that" for 3 weeks then.......etc etc......You have to go by how you feel, what you look like and most importantly what changes are happening in your body.

Get your mind off of weight, I wouldnt care if I gained 60 or 6lbs. If you are entering a bodybuilding contest, the only thing you should be worrying about is looking better than you did the last time.

No one is gonna ask you what you weigh onstage if you are the most shredded guy there.

Good luck dude, put away your scale, and you're from my area ( I grew up in riverbank ), so i wish you the best.

ultraflexed
12-09-2010, 12:03 PM
Hey
Sorry if im clogging up ur thread
This is just my 2nd prep been trainning for 5year
I dont know everything I do everything myself
I do the best with what I know

What I do know is I dont respond well to carbs
And dave's diet worked great for me especially if im doing it with no help

All I care about is showing up in 100% top condition and giving myself a chance to win
And ill do whatever it takes!!!!!!!!

Thats why I ask question
Maybe its time to get a prep coach

What do u charge scoob, do u only prep natural guys.
I would either use you,berto, or dave

flexingtonsteele
12-09-2010, 01:17 PM
Hey

All I care about is showing up in 100% top condition and giving myself a chance to win

Thats why I ask question

use scooby. he'll probably give you the most attention.

Scoobysnacks
12-09-2010, 06:04 PM
Hey

Thats why I ask question

I work with all competitors. But I dont discuss my prep work much here. If you want to PM me you can.

ultraflexed
12-09-2010, 08:38 PM
Hey just sent you a pm

Rick Prince
03-14-2011, 09:38 PM
Great thread!
I have done 7 shows but have traveled to each by car. Later in the year I will be flying for the first time. Are there any tricks or tips anyone can share on how to pack food (tupperware, zip lock bags, etc) in checked baggage?
It seems there was someone at 2008 Nat'ls whose food containers came open in their luggage during flight due to the change in air pressure.
I want to take my own food so I have control over everything (ie sodium) I am eating.
Another option may be to drive the 700 miles in a rental & return home by air.

supbro!
03-15-2011, 10:42 PM
What's up everyone. Looking for a little help here. I'm doing my first show in 6 weeks and will be competing as a lightweight. I need some advice on how i can come up w/ a simple posing routine w/o just copying someone elses.? Thanks for any help.

Scoobysnacks
03-16-2011, 03:49 PM
What's up everyone. Looking for a little help here. I'm doing my first show in 6 weeks and will be competing as a lightweight. I need some advice on how i can come up w/ a simple posing routine w/o just copying someone elses.? Thanks for any help.

My first show I just picked my best poses and went in a circle, why? Because I knew id be so nervous. If you are a real showman or a ham then do it up, but I knew Id be nervous. As Ive gotten used to it my routines have improved, but Im certainly not the best at them. I see no problem using youtube to take bits and pieces from pros who pose well. Also depends on style.

If you like more dance stuff check Tricky Jacksons routines
If you like old school stuff check Shawn Ray, Bob Paris and Frank Zane.

supbro!
03-16-2011, 09:33 PM
I appreciate the advice.

mkris7
04-18-2011, 01:09 AM
This is all great information, thanks for starting this post! :)

I did 3 shows in a one month period and the first two I carb depleted and loaded. Cut back on my water....the funny think is that I thought I looked good, muscles full but for the judges eyes was not hard enough....then for the third show, I did not do anything just trained light until Wednesday and posed..even decided that I was not going to do it...the morning of the show, I said what the hell and then won the overall as a middle weight. Wish I would kept a diary of what "I did not do" LOL! Contest prep is a funny thing....

peteyc123
05-11-2011, 10:27 PM
Hey scooby i just got jantanna ultra 1...my coach and a couple other people i kno have used it...i was planning on shaving thursday around 5pm and getting spray tanned at like 6 pm...then on friday i was going to shower than applying my first coat of ultra 1 around 7pm then 2 hours later appllying another coat and so on until i look good. And maybe one more in the morning. Does this sound ok to you?? I ran it by my coach and he seems fine with it but i have followed ur knowledge and would like you opinion..

Scoobysnacks
05-12-2011, 12:23 PM
Hey scooby i just got jantanna ultra 1...my coach and a couple other people i kno have used it...i was planning on shaving thursday around 5pm and getting spray tanned at like 6 pm...then on friday i was going to shower than applying my first coat of ultra 1 around 7pm then 2 hours later appllying another coat and so on until i look good. And maybe one more in the morning. Does this sound ok to you?? I ran it by my coach and he seems fine with it but i have followed ur knowledge and would like you opinion..

Ill be honest and say Ive never used it, so I cant say for certain. The plan sounds solid though. I use Liquid Sun Rayz exclusively. My tan is always top notch.

Ss

peteyc123
05-12-2011, 12:26 PM
Ill be honest and say Ive never used it, so I cant say for certain. The plan sounds solid though. I use Liquid Sun Rayz exclusively. My tan is always top notch.

Ss

Thanks a lot scooby...one more question..should I spray tan early on thrusday becuase I can't shower for 24 hours after the spray but on friday I have to shower before I use the jantanna..and also I'm going to shave thrusday right before I go spray I hope I'm not prickly by saturday morning my hair grows back fast...

Scoobysnacks
05-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Thanks a lot scooby...one more question..should I spray tan early on thrusday becuase I can't shower for 24 hours after the spray but on friday I have to shower before I use the jantanna..and also I'm going to shave thrusday right before I go spray I hope I'm not prickly by saturday morning my hair grows back fast...

yeah id spray thurs then, shower before jan tana as you want that shit to work right.

You should be fine by sat, but what i do is this. Most of the good shaver companys make a body groomer. This wont screw up your tan, you can lightly hit your stomach again and quads, chest etc with this lightly over your skin. That said, no one can see a little stubble.

peteyc123
05-12-2011, 01:47 PM
great! thanks for your advice!! i read alot of your posts and have been following you since i joined keep it up you are definitlely helping alot of people out....

brandondlyons
07-13-2012, 09:41 PM
If you are in shape(meaning on schedule or ahead) DONT CHANGE ANYTHING! if you can train hard and heavy up to the show, then you most likely will maintain muscle! If your behind schedule then sometimes doin tri sets and super sets will keep heart rate up and burn more calories therefore losing more fat, but i feel its best to train hard and heavy to maintain muscle and let the cardio and food do the fat loss ;)

aerox
08-04-2012, 12:14 PM
For anyone looking to stay full on stage and while dieting should try Painless Pumps. It does not smooth the muscle out or cause you to lose any definition just makes everything pop without having to take a chance of spilling over. Also gives you a wicked pump and vascularity. There were 8 guys in the USA Heavyweight class alone using it and 3 ind the Super and none we detectable. Then you have The 3rd place super heavy obviously using synthol with ugly lumps allover him.

MoreCowbell
08-08-2014, 05:37 PM
Diuretics are EVERYTHING your last 10 days. There is a formula based upon science that will bring you in perfectly. People die because they keep pushing the envelope more and more. Just stick to the formula, and you will come in at your best. Drink lots of water up until 6 pm the night before the show. You DO NOT TOUCH LASIX until the night before the show.

Do NOT USE diuretics unless you have someone who knows what they are doing. Just keep in mind that using then correctly will move you from 5th to 2nd or 4th to 1st.

The formula starts 10 days out with an aldosterone blocker. Titrate up and monitor Then, introduce a Thiazide. Titrate and monitor. Lasix is only used the night before the show, and sparingly. The Ald blocker will balance potassium loss from Lasix, so no loading.

Carb depleting and loading is a crap shoot. Instead, be 100% dieted down 10 days out and slowly carb up while monitoring progress.