PDA

View Full Version : Troubleshooting, losing too much water WITHOUT diuretics

TooPowerful4u
10-31-2009, 04:31 PM
Im done competing for this season, but i figured id throw this one out there for troubleshooting and see who can field it.

I ALWAYS tend to lose too much water. Be it with or without diuretics. This time around i was hard and full in the AM, followed normal diet plan, took NO diuretics, yet still couldnt stop pissing. I even tapered my water from 1gal (wed) to 1/2gal (thurs) to 12oz (fri). Everyone suggests run water high to get dry, but i get dry regardless and then some, so i figured id taper it and TRY to hold some water. Body STILL didnt want to HOLD water. I was eating carbs, taking in normal sodium levels and even having fats. Never bloated, never had digestive problems, never went to the bathroom at all or even had to (except piss). STILL could not stop taking a maybe 3-4oz piss every 2hrs. I was BELOW my flat weight (and carbed up over 1200g past 3 days) and STILL kept pissing.

Baffled...dont carbs hold water? Doesnt sodium hold water? If im still intaking it, why does my body continue to expel it until im FLAT?

Im starting to think i NEED to go the low carb/high water route as suggested by Layne and most naturals and some keto advocates. My body just will not HOLD a load no matter what i do.

Ken "Skip" Hill
10-31-2009, 06:35 PM
Why are you cutting water, at all, anyway? Don't even bother to cut it and you will remain full, hard and dry. You may even need to drink water as usual on contest day. Sometimes I swear you feel the need to overcomplicate it all, bro. ;)

Skip

TooPowerful4u
11-01-2009, 12:57 AM
Why are you cutting water, at all, anyway? Don't even bother to cut it and you will remain full, hard and dry. You may even need to drink water as usual on contest day. Sometimes I swear you feel the need to overcomplicate it all, bro. ;)

Skip

And i still won... lol

I figured if you had sodium/carbs in your system you cant drink water or you hold it. Everyone who has ever advocated reintroducing sodium/carbs emphasizes having water cut off first.....

Ken "Skip" Hill
11-01-2009, 01:39 AM
And i still won... lol

I figured if you had sodium/carbs in your system you cant drink water or you hold it. Everyone who has ever advocated reintroducing sodium/carbs emphasizes having water cut off first.....

But there are others that don't even bother to take out the sodium to begin with. If you are going so flat why are you cutting carbs or taking them out for any length of time, at all?

I have always said that if you can win and not be your best then you have potential. Good for you, bro. Now, if you would take it all and make it all REALLY simple you would peak, I am telling you.

Skip

TooPowerful4u
11-01-2009, 01:40 PM
But there are others that don't even bother to take out the sodium to begin with. If you are going so flat why are you cutting carbs or taking them out for any length of time, at all?

I have always said that if you can win and not be your best then you have potential. Good for you, bro. Now, if you would take it all and make it all REALLY simple you would peak, I am telling you.

Skip

To be honest.....

Went with a skipload on tuesday (1000g from junk). Didnt fill out much. So i switched over to scooby's type scheme and did another 1000 on wed (slightly cleaner, low fats like no fat newtons and rice cakes w jelly), 500 thurs (yam/potato/rice cakes), 250 fri and STILL couldnt stay full. I figure i probably overdieted last few weeks. I had probably 5 oatmeal almond bars, 3 rice krispie treats, 2 HUGE pancakes w syrup and STILL somehow was pissing with NO diuretics in me. Scared to add water back in with all that sodium in me. Stayed kinda hard, but def flat at 209. The only reason i tapered water is because i KNOW i drop too much water and i remember people sayin if you taper it, you will HOLD it. Well, i tried to hold it lol. Didnt work.

Woke up today at 216 hard as a ROCK with cotton mouth, dry skin and striated glutes and lower back and separation to high hell with striated quads. Cant even tell u how much linguini with shrimp n scallops, veal stew, duck, potatoes, cereal, cupcakes, brownies 2 mountain dews, 2 glasses water and went to bed not able to breathe. Woke up tighter than hell (not one bit of distension or water, skin so dry and tight it feels like a cats tongue). Figures.

At least i won tho lol.....but just ONCE i wanna step on stage one day and be like "yea im on" lol

Scoobysnacks
11-02-2009, 01:09 PM
To be honest.....

Went with a skipload on tuesday (1000g from junk). Didnt fill out much. So i switched over to scooby's type scheme and did another 1000 on wed (slightly cleaner, low fats like no fat newtons and rice cakes w jelly), 500 thurs (yam/potato/rice cakes), 250 fri and STILL couldnt stay full. I figure i probably overdieted last few weeks. I had probably 5 oatmeal almond bars, 3 rice krispie treats, 2 HUGE pancakes w syrup and STILL somehow was pissing with NO diuretics in me. Scared to add water back in with all that sodium in me. Stayed kinda hard, but def flat at 209. The only reason i tapered water is because i KNOW i drop too much water and i remember people sayin if you taper it, you will HOLD it. Well, i tried to hold it lol. Didnt work.

Woke up today at 216 hard as a ROCK with cotton mouth, dry skin and striated glutes and lower back and separation to high hell with striated quads. Cant even tell u how much linguini with shrimp n scallops, veal stew, duck, potatoes, cereal, cupcakes, brownies 2 mountain dews, 2 glasses water and went to bed not able to breathe. Woke up tighter than hell (not one bit of distension or water, skin so dry and tight it feels like a cats tongue). Figures.

At least i won tho lol.....but just ONCE i wanna step on stage one day and be like "yea im on" lol

You are mixing and guessing at things. I wouldnt have a guy your size on 500 carbs thurs and then only 250 on friday, I compete lightweight and I am WAY higher than that on carbs Thurs and Fri. And Id imagine a proper skipload on a guy your size would be WAY larger too than 1000 carbs and probably start in the evneing and transition over to the whole day, merely guessing there. Point is, you mixed and matched.

Check Maryland Muscles thread here, dude was ON, won the overall, hopefully he'll get pics up soon his buddy took some nasty close ups. He is 163 loaded on 1200, then 750 then 450 and a fat load. Water 1 gallon, 1/2 and then 1/4. Thats not all of it, but a general idea. Point is under my way of things you under did it. And probably under a true skipload you obviously didnt load enough either if you looked nasty after all that shit you ate on Sunday.

Im guessing you overdeplete yourself and have no idea truly how much you really need to get full.

But, hey congrats on the win. What show did you win?

Ss

TooPowerful4u
11-03-2009, 12:15 AM
You are mixing and guessing at things. I wouldnt have a guy your size on 500 carbs thurs and then only 250 on friday, I compete lightweight and I am WAY higher than that on carbs Thurs and Fri. And Id imagine a proper skipload on a guy your size would be WAY larger too than 1000 carbs and probably start in the evneing and transition over to the whole day, merely guessing there. Point is, you mixed and matched.

Check Maryland Muscles thread here, dude was ON, won the overall, hopefully he'll get pics up soon his buddy took some nasty close ups. He is 163 loaded on 1200, then 750 then 450 and a fat load. Water 1 gallon, 1/2 and then 1/4. Thats not all of it, but a general idea. Point is under my way of things you under did it. And probably under a true skipload you obviously didnt load enough either if you looked nasty after all that shit you ate on Sunday.

Im guessing you overdeplete yourself and have no idea truly how much you really need to get full.

But, hey congrats on the win. What show did you win?

Ss

Check the main forum. I was not my best. I could post a pic on here from a week out and ud be like :slap: PM me if you want to see im not gonna post a bare assed pic on here lol

Ken "Skip" Hill
11-03-2009, 01:37 AM
Scooby makes good points about 1000g of carbs being not much of anything for your size. You and I know that you could eat FAR more than that in a day and if you are counting calories/carbs, that isn't something you do while SkipLoading, either.

One of these days you and I are going to work together again.

Skip

TooPowerful4u
11-03-2009, 10:00 AM
Scooby makes good points about 1000g of carbs being not much of anything for your size. You and I know that you could eat FAR more than that in a day and if you are counting calories/carbs, that isn't something you do while SkipLoading, either.

One of these days you and I are going to work together again.

Skip

Check facebook.....

Futurefreak
11-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Hey Phil, I am NOT hating at all but, I dont think you were overdieted in the sense of bodyfat, as you could have still peeled more fat from the lowerback/hams and glutes. Perhaps you did lose to much water/sodium etc....Im just stating this based on the rx muscle pics from the show. Good condition, just not "shredded" yet.

maxxmuscle
11-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Get Checked for Diabetes ! When my Blood Glucose runs high ( Im type I ) i flatten out quick and cannot hold carbs / water.Your body also expells Sodium / Minerals when your BG is too high.Get checked to be on the safe side bro.....

Its your bodys way of trying to get rid of the Glucose from your Bloodstream....Pissing / Sweating it out.....

TooPowerful4u
11-07-2009, 08:26 AM
Hey Phil, I am NOT hating at all but, I dont think you were overdieted in the sense of bodyfat, as you could have still peeled more fat from the lowerback/hams and glutes. Perhaps you did lose to much water/sodium etc....Im just stating this based on the rx muscle pics from the show. Good condition, just not "shredded" yet.

Good opinion, but why dont you go through what i did during prep, start off around 12% and hit the stage like that...while only dieting 7 weeks. Yep, thats all i did, and probably had a bunch of cheat meals in there as well.

TooPowerful4u
11-07-2009, 10:34 PM
Get Checked for Diabetes ! When my Blood Glucose runs high ( Im type I ) i flatten out quick and cannot hold carbs / water.Your body also expells Sodium / Minerals when your BG is too high.Get checked to be on the safe side bro.....

Its your bodys way of trying to get rid of the Glucose from your Bloodstream....Pissing / Sweating it out.....

If i was diabetic, i wouldnt be able to get incredibly full the day after the show would i?

maxxmuscle
11-08-2009, 06:57 PM
Depends......You Pancreas could still be working a little ( Honeymoon Phase of Diabetes )

Just get a check to be on the safe side...cant hurt ;)