PDA

View Full Version : What I plan on doing for the prep week

DAVIDHARDY
11-02-2009, 05:09 PM
As far as the carb load is concerned, I'm thinking about doing this:

Wednesday- 500 carbs(no fat muffins and sweet potatoes) 2-2.5 gal distilled water, added sodium, less than 5 grams of fat all day

Thursday- 300 carbs(sweet potatoes and oats) 1-1.5 gal distilled water, added sodium, 5-10 grams of fat all day

Friday- If flat, 400ish carbs (sweet potatoes, rice cakes, jam) 1/2-1 gal distilled water, no sodium, take aqualyze with each meal(12 pills total). Fat to 20-30 grams

If full or almost spilled, 200ish carbs (sweet potatoes, rice cakes) sip water, no sodium, take aqualyze with each meal(12 pills total) Fat to 20-30 grams

Saturday- If good in morning, balanced breakfast of eggs and a muffin or pancakes, syrup if I feel I need to be more full, sip water, take 2 aqualyze

If I'm needing to shed more water, eat no sodium and chicken and dry rice cakes

Does that look good, or do you think I'll spill over and not have time to clean it up if I eat that many carbs? Too much of a water taper? I've been keto dieting coming into the show, so that's why I'm not really eating a ton of carbs. Suggestions?

Sorry to bother y'all, I've been asking about this a lot here lately.

NATURAL-1987
11-02-2009, 08:14 PM
I never did a keto diet before but it looks like the numbers are safe and make sense. I would probably keep some sodium in until noon on friday and then see if your looking the way you need to there is no reason to take it out. I find I actually hold more water when I take away my sodium because of the bodies reaction to hold things your trying to get rid of. I learned after 6 shows that I need to get up really early to be full enough for pre-judge.I'd suggest the same to anyone. Say if it is 11am I eat at 5am,7:30am,and 10am kind of thing. This way you have time to tweak things a little bit. Hope you kill it at the show!

DAVIDHARDY
11-03-2009, 08:27 AM
I never did a keto diet before but it looks like the numbers are safe and make sense. I would probably keep some sodium in until noon on friday and then see if your looking the way you need to there is no reason to take it out. I find I actually hold more water when I take away my sodium because of the bodies reaction to hold things your trying to get rid of. I learned after 6 shows that I need to get up really early to be full enough for pre-judge.I'd suggest the same to anyone. Say if it is 11am I eat at 5am,7:30am,and 10am kind of thing. This way you have time to tweak things a little bit. Hope you kill it at the show!

That makes a lot of sense about keeping the sodium and not dropping it for the sake of just doing it.

I was planning on waking up early, but how much protein would you suggest in those meals before prejudging? I wouldn't think much at all, just mainly fat and carbs, but I don't know. I'm planning on eating a muffin and a few eggs or something like that for the 1st meal and rice cakes, pb and jam and a few bites of chicken for the other one or two. Sound good or can I do something better?

Thanks for the help bro, I hope I do well. I think that I will; I've really poured my heart and soul into this prep.

NATURAL-1987
11-03-2009, 04:51 PM
Pouring your heart and soul into it is the only way to do it brother. Sounds about right. I personally made the switch last show to the Quaker Mini Rice Crisps(caramel kettle corn flavor) back stage and a couple tb spoons of pb. Just because it is easier. Getting a tad bit of sodium(like we talked about already), the sugars(instead of honey) and of course your carbs. Your plan is basically the same just find it easier this way for me. a 3-4oz chicken breast per meal the day of a show is all you need. What show is 2 weeks later?

ShelbyStarnes
11-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Why distilled water?
Why low fat during the carb load?

DAVIDHARDY
11-03-2009, 08:27 PM
Why distilled water?
Why low fat during the carb load?

I figured I'd use distilled since I'm already eating a lot of sodium. I did a fat load tonight (Tuesday) to compensate for the no fat during the load. Again, I'm just trying this out and seeing how it works and if I can find the "magic trick" for myself. As far as being so low fat during the load, I was listening to Milos on the Off Topic show talk about being ketogenic and then introducing carbs. His theory is that the fat that you consume while on a high carb or loading day will be stored as fat, so I just figured I'd cut it out on those high days. I'm still a newb, so if I'm not making sense, please shed some light. I might be overthinking it too lol.

DAVIDHARDY
11-03-2009, 08:30 PM
Pouring your heart and soul into it is the only way to do it brother. Sounds about right. I personally made the switch last show to the Quaker Mini Rice Crisps(caramel kettle corn flavor) back stage and a couple tb spoons of pb. Just because it is easier. Getting a tad bit of sodium(like we talked about already), the sugars(instead of honey) and of course your carbs. Your plan is basically the same just find it easier this way for me. a 3-4oz chicken breast per meal the day of a show is all you need. What show is 2 weeks later?

Thanks again man. I picked up some more rice cakes today and I have the PB and jam in the bag and I already measured out my chicken to 3.5oz the other day, so I should be gtg. The show 2 weeks later is the Mt. Rogers Bodybuilding Fitness and figure championships in Woodbridge, VA on the 21st. It's the last show of the year on the NGA website.