PDA

View Full Version : Team U Positive drug test results?!

Mick
11-02-2009, 11:36 PM
I know this was briefly mentioned on John radio program but now has also appeared here..

http://www.anthonyroberts.co.za/?p=3820

Both overall winners?? Is there any more to this??

MsGuns
11-02-2009, 11:40 PM
One of the Team USA members posted that Wendell was getting to Qatar later...
Very interesting...

John Hansen
11-03-2009, 12:38 AM
Wendell said on the Natural Bodybuilding Radio show that he didn't think he would be traveling to the World Championships because he has a newborn baby at home. He also said that he got his pro card by winning the overall so he didn't need to compete at the World Championships. It will be interesting to hear the results of the drug test.

John Hansen
11-03-2009, 12:45 AM
I just read on the MD forum that Wendell made it to Qatar. His flight was delayed because of the weather. I don't think the middleweight or heavyweight winner are competing though.

Tim Martin
11-03-2009, 08:50 AM
This is the first I've heard of this, but I can tell you from experience that Wendell wouldn't be doing the Worlds if he failed. After the show it takes a few weeks for the drug test results to come out. At that point Jim Manion sends an email informing the class winners of their status. I've heard rumors about both a male and female failing, but am confident Wendell passed based on his attendance in Qatar.

Having said this, I think it would send a huge message if the NPC made public these results and didn't sweep them under the rug. We might have to wait for "NPC News" to come out to know for sure.

NATURAL-1987
11-03-2009, 05:09 PM
If you fail, you dont go to the Worlds. So he could not have failed. Only thing that "might have happened" is that they said he failed, he asked for a B sample from the sample to be done and he passed that. Once again this is just a guess. He obviously passed though because he is there.

Jude2
11-03-2009, 10:11 PM
No US guys made it to the final 6.

sjl_bantam
11-04-2009, 03:29 AM
I hope the "confidential sources" don't dime me out for using Flintstone vitamins in my contest prep. Natural bodybuilders have a hard enough time convincing the general public that they are able to sculpt amazing physiques without drugs, it’s sad that we would choose to cannibalize our own ranks rather than lift each other up and support one another. Until an official test result comes out, consider if dragging someone's name through the mud on hearsay is doing our sport more harm than good.

AVBG
11-04-2009, 03:42 AM
I hope the "confidential sources" don't dime me out for using Flintstone vitamins in my contest prep. Natural bodybuilders have a hard enough time convincing the general public that they are able to sculpt amazing physiques without drugs, it’s sad that we would choose to cannibalize our own ranks rather than lift each other up and support one another. Until an official test result comes out, consider if dragging someone's name through the mud on hearsay is doing our sport more harm than good.

I'm with you. Unless someone fails the test and it officially becomes public..I'd lean towards innocent until proven guilty.

TheTransformator
11-04-2009, 04:52 AM
I know this was briefly mentioned on John radio program but now has also appeared here..

http://www.anthonyroberts.co.za/?p=3820

Both overall winners?? Is there any more to this??

Anthony seems to be quite quick with news...I must give him that...if you read his article...he states:

It would be a huge black eye to the NPC to be forced to admit that their two Overall Champions both tested positive, although in my eyes, this kind of transparency is necessary if the organization is to claim any shred of credibility.

But then on his blog he advertises steroid selling websites...I can't link the judgement calls he makes...really...

No offence intended Anthony...just noticed the ads on your blog...we all need to make a $...and you do provide some good info at times...these judgement calls are hard for me to place though...

Just report...leave the judgement to your audience...that will make your blog alot better...

Tim Martin
11-04-2009, 06:47 AM

^^AGREE^^ There are lots of "critics" on these boards...

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Sam - Congratulations for having the balls to go over there and compete on the World stage!

hooker
11-04-2009, 08:47 AM
Remember...when Lee Thompson was indicted...I had it in my blog BEFORE the indictment was unsealed, and WHILE the entire NPC/IFBB (and Lee himself) were denying the entire arrest.

Remember "Operation Pharmacia de Juicy Phruit"? I talked about it ten months PRIOR to it happening, naming the city, the previous bust that it stemmed from, and even some of the charges involved.

I think I deserve a modicum of trust on this kind of thing...I've consistently been able to get information like this before anyone else, and I've been able to put it out there before anyone else. As I said, I trust my source on this one, but I have also noted that I have not officially been able to confirm the names of the competitors - I say this more than once. Innocent until proven....the blog's title even has a question mark in it...I know there were positives, but not 100% who. But even if the NPC covers it up...like they did with Thompson...are we supposed to trust them now?

Guys...with my record...I think sometimes I deserve the benefit of the doubt. Not always, but at least sometimes. I've been wrong before, but I've also been right more often than not.

sjl_bantam
11-04-2009, 05:23 PM
FYI everyone, Dave Goodin and I, both lifetime naturals, both just placed 8th in the World representing the USA!! Our placing could go up if there are any disqualifications following the drug tests, but I'm going with 8th until I officially hear otherwise, and trust me, I'll be doing my best to come back and place better and better in the years to come!

jrod
11-04-2009, 09:25 PM
FYI everyone, Dave Goodin and I, both lifetime naturals, both just placed 8th in the World representing the USA!! Our placing could go up if there are any disqualifications following the drug tests, but I'm going with 8th until I officially hear otherwise, and trust me, I'll be doing my best to come back and place better and better in the years to come!

Congratulations Sam!

Jude2
11-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Great job Sam. I heard it was the womens overall winner at the TU that failed the test.

Mick
11-04-2009, 09:59 PM
Congrats Sam.. Awesome effort at worlds for life time nattys!

MsGuns
11-04-2009, 10:40 PM

CONGRATS Sam, way to ROCK the WORLDS! 8th place in the WORLD aint bad @ all!

MsGuns
11-04-2009, 10:41 PM
Great job Sam. I heard it was the womens overall winner at the TU that failed the test.

Hardbody.com is always on top of the lastest news for female competitors.

http://www.hardbody.com/news/2009/11/04/overall-team-universe-winner-michele-pome-disaqualified/#comments

AVBG
11-05-2009, 03:02 AM
Excellent result Sam.. pass on on our congrats to Dave too?

hooker
11-05-2009, 09:46 AM
Alright, so it turns out that I got at least one of the names correct. You gotta admit that my sources were pretty good this time around...

Mick
11-05-2009, 04:22 PM
Alright, so it turns out that I got at least one of the names correct. You gotta admit that my sources were pretty good this time around...

Is there still speculation for a male competitor?

wendell floyd
11-10-2009, 06:51 AM
Thats what some people do when they place less then first.they never saw it coming. Lol!

wendell floyd
11-10-2009, 07:08 AM
Thanks alot moody.

AVBG
11-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Thanks alot moody.

What's up Wendell.. Hows the training/supplementation going for the pro debut?

Kiyoshi Moody
11-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Thats what some people do when they place less then first.they never saw it coming. Lol!

Make sure u check ur pm