PDA

View Full Version : 300+ down to sub 190

Marauder63
11-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Just a bit of a story so everyone can understand where I am coming from and how it happened , so here goes..

Long story short I was obese for the most of my life and when it came to highschool it got to its worst point where I was tipping past 300 pounds. I decided to join football and do some weightlifting to do something about it, not knowing a how to properly diet, I always went to the weight room at lunch as opposed to just sitting around school.

I made significant progress (eventually) and at grad I was around 225-230lbs! I was not done I made a little more progress since then getting to about 203-205 a year later, finally dipping my hand into proper dieting/bodybuilding. I went from 203.5 to 181.6.

I am now in the sub 190's with still good conditioning but my training is out of whack and diet is as good as possible as I am trying to focus on my first competition on march 27th.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k189/Marauder43/2004-05-05AndrewandBud002.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k189/Marauder43/IMG_3096.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k189/Marauder43/DSC00339.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k189/Marauder43/IMG_2945.jpg

scarletknightNJ91
11-03-2009, 11:31 AM
thats a crazy ass improvement you made there man! Congrats!
what is a typical day of food intake consist for you? and what is your current cardio regiment like?

Marauder63
11-03-2009, 11:35 AM
thats a crazy ass improvement you made there man! Congrats!
what is a typical day of food intake consist for you? and what is your current cardio regiment like?

Thanks!

Well right now I am kind of at a crossroads of what to do for training, there are things I like to consider like the fact that I walk a good 25 mins to and from the gym so it adds a lot of time to my total at the gym..

so my training is essentially to at least get in the gym,go by a generic split right now and make sure I work the muscle until I find out exactly what works for me etc(length of workout among others).

depending on how I feel I may do 20 mins of L.I.S.S after a workout, but the walking to and from the gym tend to keep me in check.

as for my diet its essentially just eating as healthy as possible I have to many variable's like when I am at work(which is physical), walking around the university, and the walk to and from the gym, to find out how much food I really need to do well.

TheTransformator
11-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Great Job!!!

ShelbyStarnes
11-03-2009, 07:35 PM
Extremely impressive. You must be in such a better state now mentally too.

Keep up the good work

Marauder63
11-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Great Job!!!thanks!

Extremely impressive. You must be in such a better state now mentally too.

Keep up the good work

thank you, you could definitely say that but there are a few things like insecurities left over from having been that big, and with the whole skin thing ( though it doesnt show as much here) its hard to tell where I am at times and plays on the mind.

I do however make sure I hit the gym during the week no matter what.

Por2gue
11-06-2009, 03:06 PM
Great job! You saved your own life with that.

MusclesMarinara
11-07-2009, 01:54 AM
Nice job bro.

Marauder63
11-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Great job! You saved your own life with that.

I believe I did, and I am continuing to do so.

Nice job bro.

thanks!

GirlyMuscle
11-08-2009, 07:54 AM
Congrats, Marauder! I love a good success story!

pittbull
11-08-2009, 09:02 AM
Dude...that is so frickin awesome man....you should be so proud of yourself man...you look great!!

Marauder63
11-08-2009, 10:48 AM
Congrats, Marauder! I love a good success story!

Thank you! and thanks for getting the thread moved I didnt see this section earlier. Also the success story is still continuing with my preperation for my first competition.

Dude...that is so frickin awesome man....you should be so proud of yourself man...you look great!!

I am quite proud and look to improve, It took a while (partly of not knowing what a healthy diet was) but doing it on my own was maybe a good thing.

It happened of the course of 4-5 years going back and forth in weight, and thank you being in that kind of a situation being a teenager (which I still am) was brutal.

EarlGreyuk
11-08-2009, 11:50 AM
Great stuff. Keep up the hard work, its certainly paid off so far man!

JDhardlifts
11-25-2009, 01:00 AM
Congratulations, that is amazing on how you transformed your body. Good Job!!!

terri vona
11-25-2009, 07:53 PM
Having 4 kids will do that to you, at my heaviest I weighed 169 lbs NOT ATTRACTIVE! So kudos to the rest of you out there that have struggled with your weight. After getting down to 120 lbs, I decided that I wanted to compete as a Bodybuilder...My husband, who at the time was my new boyfriend said that I did not have the genetics to be a good Bodybuilder, well that just pissed me off & made me more determined to "show him" He had been competing for years and years so I just started to train with him at the gym, go to the shows, pay attention to what the judges were looking for & kept right on pluggin away. At the start of every season I would ask him again if I was ready to diet down for a show, and for 3 seasons he told me NO. Finally he looked at me & said he thought that I could do well at one of the local shows and so began my first pre-contest diet.:help: That was quite the experience. I made it through and won the whole show. I have competed in 7 shows since then, won Taken first place trophies in 6 of them, won 3 overalls and only one 4th placing.
Contest history;
Florida State Heavyweight first place 2009
Spacecoast classic Overall winner 2009
Ancient city classic Overall winner 2009
Dexter jackson classic 4th 2009
All South middleweight first place 2005
All Star classic middleweight first place 2004
Ancient city classic Overall winner 2004 I guess I showed him.lol

kraken
11-25-2009, 08:10 PM
Just wow. Starting your own thread would have been too much?
Why are you stealing this kid's thunder?

Mark
11-25-2009, 09:31 PM
^^ Agree.

To the OP - Good job.

terri vona
11-25-2009, 10:57 PM
I'm new to this whole thread thing, this might sound funny to you, but I'm not sure how to start my own thread. Didn't mean to "steal anyones thunder" that was just the only way I could figure out how to make a comment. Maybe you could "school me" on starting my own thread so I don't make that mistake again. I'm not that computer savy, the fact that I have figured out how to put pix where I want them is still amazing to me. lol

Curt James
11-26-2009, 03:02 AM
I'm new to this whole thread thing, this might sound funny to you, but I'm not sure how to start my own thread. Didn't mean to "steal anyones thunder" that was just the only way I could figure out how to make a comment. Maybe you could "school me" on starting my own thread so I don't make that mistake again. I'm not that computer savy, the fact that I have figured out how to put pix where I want them is still amazing to me. lol

Click here... Success Stories and Body Transformations - RX Muscle Forums

And then click here...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/curt_james/Rx/help.jpg

terri vona
11-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Thanx for clearin that up for me, I appreciate that.

The Big Sexy
11-26-2009, 03:03 PM
Well, good job Terri... but, I think everyone else has said what I need to lol.

And Maurader - man... you look like a whole new dude!!!

Curt James
11-26-2009, 04:50 PM
Thanx for clearin that up for me, I appreciate that.

No problem. I'll look for your very own thread! :beerbang:

Curt James
11-26-2009, 05:00 PM
Just a bit of a story so everyone can understand where I am coming from and how it happened , so here goes..

Long story short I was obese for the most of my life and when it came to highschool it got to its worst point where I was tipping past 300 pounds(snip) to 181.6.
(snip)I am trying to focus on my first competition on march 27th.

Amazing transformation! What's the name of your competition? Best wishes, man! Great inspiration.

:beerbang:

weezer
11-26-2009, 05:03 PM
Thanks!

Well right now I am kind of at a crossroads of what to do for training, there are things I like to consider like the fact that I walk a good 25 mins to and from the gym so it adds a lot of time to my total at the gym..

so my training is essentially to at least get in the gym,go by a generic split right now and make sure I work the muscle until I find out exactly what works for me etc(length of workout among others).

depending on how I feel I may do 20 mins of L.I.S.S after a workout, but the walking to and from the gym tend to keep me in check.

as for my diet its essentially just eating as healthy as possible I have to many variable's like when I am at work(which is physical), walking around the university, and the walk to and from the gym, to find out how much food I really need to do well.
looking good man!!!! nice dog; what kind is it?:doggy:

BLUEBARON75
12-03-2009, 11:38 AM
good job, you really made improvement. keep it up

fletch76
02-10-2010, 09:21 PM
Awesome Job!

terri vona
02-11-2010, 05:21 PM
I'm hoping to do well at the Nationals this year, but I have a lot of work to do on my physique. Sooooo we will see!