PDA

View Full Version : need guidence

bruno2
11-03-2009, 05:41 PM
I am 40 years old and have been working out for 2 months and have notice no muscle gain, strength gain or weight loss. Is there supplememnts that i should be taking such as creatyne or others.

Chrisco915
11-03-2009, 05:42 PM
I believe momentarily there will be a barrage of people far more interested in your diet and training than giving supplement advice. Just sayin'.

bruno2
11-03-2009, 06:09 PM
I am 350lbs, my routine is chest and triceps on Monday i do 3 excersize for each muscle 4 reps usually lite weight 1rst rep and as heavy as i can for the last 3 reps usually 6-8 times. plus cardio
On Wednesday i do the same but its for back and biceps and cardio
on Friday i do the same but its for Shoulders and legs and cardio

My Diet is not great, i have 2 eggs fried in light oil, 3 pieces of bacon and 2 pieces dry wheat toast. Lunch usually 1 meat not fried 8 ounces and two vegatables not fried. Dinner is the same with a salad.

I am a big guy and i dont expect miracles but i thought i would have some strength gain.

IronCrusher
11-03-2009, 06:54 PM
I am 350lbs, my routine is chest and triceps on Monday i do 3 excersize for each muscle 4 reps usually lite weight 1rst rep and as heavy as i can for the last 3 reps usually 6-8 times. plus cardio
On Wednesday i do the same but its for back and biceps and cardio
on Friday i do the same but its for Shoulders and legs and cardio

My Diet is not great, i have 2 eggs fried in light oil, 3 pieces of bacon and 2 pieces dry wheat toast. Lunch usually 1 meat not fried 8 ounces and two vegatables not fried. Dinner is the same with a salad.

I am a big guy and i dont expect miracles but i thought i would have some strength gain.

You just answered your own question.

People that are really overweight should drop weight extremely fast for quite while, unless they have thyroid problems. Get that checked at yor doctor.

First, eat 6 meals a day, but in smaller portions than if you were to eat 3 meals.

Do cardio every single day.

I don't have time at the moment to get into extreme detail, but I know there are others who do and will be a great help.

freebirdmac
11-03-2009, 08:58 PM
It's all about your diet. Supps are useless to you with the exception of a multi-vitamin and fish oil.

How tall are you?

Get on a site like fitday and track your cals. Buy a cheap kitchen scale to weigh foods. Eat 5-6 meals a day.

s2h
11-03-2009, 10:28 PM
i would advise getting your blood work done,a full front panel,test,thyroid etc to see where your at as far as your health is,and change your diet ie:ironcrushers advice,you are what you eat!

JohnBoy
11-04-2009, 12:06 PM
Make sure those six meals are high in protein, moderate in fat and lower in carbs, not because I support the ketogenic diet! (which I do) But simply because of the three macro nutrients, carbohydrates have the highest caloric value. keep the cardio up, but I suspect the diet alone will do miracles for you.

Saki
11-04-2009, 02:02 PM
Make sure those six meals are high in protein, moderate in fat and lower in carbs, not because I support the ketogenic diet! (which I do) But simply because of the three macro nutrients, carbohydrates have the highest caloric value. keep the cardio up, but I suspect the diet alone will do miracles for you.

I'm not sure if this is right, but according to fitday, fats have the highest caloric value:
protein: 4 cals/gram
carbs: 4 cals/gram
fats: 9 cals/gram

SizZ
11-05-2009, 12:50 PM
I'm not sure if this is right, but according to fitday, fats have the highest caloric value:
protein: 4 cals/gram
carbs: 4 cals/gram
fats: 9 cals/gram

QFT:lift:

IronCrusher
11-06-2009, 12:22 PM

per gram, fat is more than twice the caloric value of carbohydrates.

However, carbohydrates stimulate insulin secretion, and in turn promotes fat storage. Fats and proteins don't do that.

miamibodybuilder
02-12-2011, 08:14 AM
well there could be many factors on why you're not making any gains. but the main one you should focus on is your diet. if you're not eating enough clean calories, then guess what, you're not going to see much difference. supplements are just that, they supplement what you're already eating to optimize recovery, absorption and muscle growth. you should be eating at least 6 meals daily consisting of lean proteins, clean carbs such as sweet potato, brown rice, oatmeal, etc... but for your age, you may want to consider taking a test booster. i'm 32 and have been using AAEFX's TEST CHARGE for a few months now and have had great success with it. i take it once a day and have noticed great strength and muscle gains with it. thats definitely one product you might want to look into. good luck

tammyp
02-13-2011, 12:30 PM
I would also suggest you look in the training section and members journals for a better training program. what you are currently doing is far from optimal.