PDA

View Full Version : Matt's Journey to 5%--RX Muscle/Species Arnold Challenge

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

gman
11-13-2009, 08:45 PM
you'd be a real bad ass if you took the hair down to #1 or #2 razor and grew the goatee back...

you are going to lean out quick and kick some ass.

the abs are already showing some

Down4whatever
11-13-2009, 08:51 PM
you'd be a real bad ass if you took the hair down to #1 or #2 razor and grew the goatee back...

you are going to lean out quick and kick some ass.

the abs are already showing some

I usually keep my hair a little shorter than this.......I guess I'll grow back the goat, lol

I'm hoping to lean out fast, but last time I plateaued really hard right about where i am right now or where I will be next week. Gonna charge hard toward the goal!!

Thanks for the feedback Mike!

blu2xtreme
11-13-2009, 09:08 PM
I usually keep my hair a little shorter than this.......I guess I'll grow back the goat, lol

I'm hoping to lean out fast, but last time I plateaued really hard right about where i am right now or where I will be next week. Gonna charge hard toward the goal!!

Thanks for the feedback Mike!

woo hoo ....goatee is coming back :p

You are looking really good Matt and I'm not just flirting;)

freebirdmac
11-13-2009, 09:17 PM
You look great Matt! Getting stuck on plateaus is another reason to not go too low on cals too soon :)

AnglicanBeachParty
11-13-2009, 09:17 PM
Looking great, man!

This is shaping up to be quite a contest!

Down4whatever
11-13-2009, 11:21 PM
Been practicing front relaxed.....phew this shit is tough.......very crooked; gonna have to work on raising one of my shoulders...

sorry about the quasi-posing suit; gonna have to get used to ppl seeing me like that :eek:

Damn I need to flare the lats......

blu2xtreme
11-13-2009, 11:26 PM
Been practicing front relaxed.....phew this shit is tough.......very crooked; gonna have to work on raising one of my shoulders...

sorry about the quasi-posing suit; gonna have to get used to ppl seeing me like that :eek:

Damn I need to flare the lats......

Much better look then holding your shorts up :yep:

You are definitely showing some skin ...no teasing going on;)

Down4whatever
11-13-2009, 11:27 PM
Much better look then holding your shorts up :yep:

You are definitely showing some skin ...no teasing going on;)

It's very embarassing, but I have to get used to it....thanks for being my guinea pig :hypno:

Down4whatever
11-13-2009, 11:30 PM
Here's a couple in my new 33" waist jeans I bought tonight!!!

LOL at me trying to look sexy...

blu2xtreme
11-13-2009, 11:30 PM
It's very embarassing, but I have to get used to it....thanks for being my guinea pig :hypno:

Any time ....I like the first pic :drool:

If it makes you feel any better I felt just as undressed in by pics and I hardly showed any skin :)

blu2xtreme
11-13-2009, 11:32 PM
Here's a couple in my new 33" waist jeans I bought tonight!!!

LOL at me trying to look sexy...

Like the first one there too :drool::drool:

Love guys bare chested in jeans :p

Down4whatever
11-13-2009, 11:36 PM
Any time ....I like the first pic :drool:

If it makes you feel any better I felt just as undressed in by pics and I hardly showed any skin :)

Like the first one there too :drool::drool:

Love guys bare chested in jeans :p

Thank you for the positive comments, I do however, welcome the negative aspects as well. I pretty much can see what they are, but it's nice to get another set of eyes.

You won't hurt my feelings a bit by drawing attention to the bad stuff :p

blu2xtreme
11-13-2009, 11:43 PM
Thank you for the positive comments, I do however, welcome the negative aspects as well. I pretty much can see what they are, but it's nice to get another set of eyes.

You won't hurt my feelings a bit by drawing attention to the bad stuff :p

Ok negs ...grow your goatee back - fixed you already said you were

smile a little more ...smiling is sexy - I am referring to the sexy jean pic

I don't know if you have to smile in progress pics :dunno:
I just smile all the time lately :yep:

Down4whatever
11-14-2009, 12:03 AM
You look great Matt! Getting stuck on plateaus is another reason to not go too low on cals too soon :)

Looking great, man!

This is shaping up to be quite a contest!

Sorry, I forgot to thank you guys for the nice words.

I'll keep an eye on calories Pam; already thinking about bumping them up 50-100.

This is gonna be a great contest!

Down4whatever
11-14-2009, 12:04 AM
Ok negs ...grow your goatee back - fixed you already said you were

smile a little more ...smiling is sexy - I am referring to the sexy jean pic

I don't know if you have to smile in progress pics :dunno:
I just smile all the time lately :yep:

Smiles are very nice! It's just difficult to remember to smile when you're flexing every muscle in your body, lol. Maybe if I smile first--then flex! I'll try that! Thanks Pau.........umm Blu!

bodyhard
11-14-2009, 12:10 AM
Matt

I would comment on your pics, but dude, I seriously can not deal with all the crap this section is doing, just as fucking bad as the other site. Seems everyone is a fucking 10 when clearly, clearly there is so much fucking work to be done.

How the fuck are you suppose to work on your weak points when all you are hearing is bullshit compliments?

Fucking pathetic.

I just about threw up in my mouth with some of the comments.

Down4whatever
11-14-2009, 12:14 AM
Matt

I would comment on your pics, but dude, I seriously can not deal with all the crap this section is doing, just as fucking bad as the other site. Seems everyone is a fucking 10 when clearly, clearly there is so much fucking work to be done.

How the fuck are you suppose to work on your weak points when all you are hearing is bullshit compliments?

Fucking pathetic.

I just about threw up in my mouth with some of the comments.

I was waiting for you and Baldie to come slam me to the pavement; no worries--I know I still look like shit man!

bodyhard
11-14-2009, 12:24 AM
I was waiting for you and Baldie to come slam me to the pavement; no worries--I know I still look like shit man!

Actually Matt I honestly think you look decent, you have a lot to work with but damn you have come a long way, but I just think this section is a waste for people who truly need to get some constructive criticism.

So lets say Bill or myself were to give you some insight, you will be flooded with a bunch of bullshit, back rubbing, head swelling comments that will only be good for the ego but have no merit in what you would really need to work on.

I am all for Ada-boy, keep doing what you're doing, go-get-em tiger, But damn where the fuck is the damn honesty along with it?

Sad but true, take it with a grain of salt.

Down4whatever
11-14-2009, 12:32 AM
Actually Matt I honestly think you look decent, you have a lot to work with but damn you have come a long way, but I just think this section is a waste for people who truly need to get some constructive criticism.

So lets say Bill or myself were to give you some insight, you will be flooded with a bunch of bullshit, back rubbing, head swelling comments that will only be good for the ego but have no merit in what you would really need to work on.

I am all for Ada-boy, keep doing what you're doing, go-get-em tiger, But damn where the fuck is the damn honesty along with it?

I hear ya man! Here's what I know:

1) My arms are sticks and they need size in a bad way
2) My lats are shit and tiny and I have trouble flaring the little bitches
3) I have a severe imbalance that makes me look like I'm leaning
4) My hamstrings are almost non-existent, but I'm working on them
5) I have a shit-load of bodyfat that I'm trying to unload

All of these things I'm working on as best I can. No positive comments are making me eat more calories, run less hard in the morning, or train any less intense in the gym. I agree, the people are too easy on me, but remember--I am hard on myself!!! I will make this happen--I just need time. As you know BB'ing is a slowwwwwwwwwww process and I feel like I'm doing the best i can considering I'm in caloric deficit right now.

Anytime you want to comment, man I apreciate anything you can offer me!!

gman
11-14-2009, 05:44 AM
Ass-kissing and/or negative criticism either one doesn't matter much, Matt. Maybe we are a little too easy on each other...but

The bottom line is conditioning and posing.

If you are 3-4% and know how to pose well, you will do well.

I may be full of shit, but this is what my chiro tells me and here is how he looks, so I think he knows what he's talking about:

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/tjbackshot.jpg

Baldiewonkanobi
11-14-2009, 06:56 AM
Matt I love the blue jeans Brad Pitt look. Those should get you laid 10 ways 'till Sunday. I'll be your agent and take the left overs.

Lets not fire up those elbows and sneak in on the chins with seated wide bar cable lat pulls to the upper chest. Start lite and dial in on the mind/muscle connection. Close your eyes and experience what is going on during the protracted stretch at the top, slowly down to the momentary pause at your upper pec line. Keep your elbows perperdicular <w i d e> to your body...do not let them drift forward. Wrist straps are a perfect way to help concentrate on the target muscles and not on grip strength. I use them always.

On the one arm rows. Try to invision the lat muscles like the bomb doors on an old WWll bomber. Closed they are tight together up at the spine. Open one at a time as you stretch down...let the door/lat roll away from the spine. Pause at the bottom...now as you pull the dumbell back towards your hip the door/lat closes up tight against the spine. Remember to keep the back flat front to rear/side to side and eyes forward.

Other lat work can be done with V bar cable pull downs to the sternum. T bar rows. Flat bench pull overs. School girl chins (close grip knuckes away with big hanging stretch at bottom) I do these mainly for bicep but feel the lats too.

Baldie

freebirdmac
11-14-2009, 07:03 AM

Some of us are more qualified than others to make the real critical judgements. The rest of us can only comment on the aesthetics. Most of the people commenting in these contest threads fall into the latter category. We just don't have the experience. I'm sure all of the guys would appreciate critical comments from those who can give them.

Down4whatever
11-14-2009, 09:24 AM
Ass-kissing and/or negative criticism either one doesn't matter much, Matt. Maybe we are a little too easy on each other...but

The bottom line is conditioning and posing.

If you are 3-4% and know how to pose well, you will do well.

I may be full of shit, but this is what my chiro tells me and here is how he looks, so I think he knows what he's talking about:

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/tjbackshot.jpg

Damn, I may have just seen my new physique goal :eek: I agree Mike--me telling you that you look great is not gonna slow you down one bit!

Matt I love the blue jeans Brad Pitt look. Those should get you laid 10 ways 'till Sunday. I'll be your agent and take the left overs.

Lets not fire up those elbows and sneak in on the chins with seated wide bar cable lat pulls to the upper chest. Start lite and dial in on the mind/muscle connection. Close your eyes and experience what is going on during the protracted stretch at the top, slowly down to the momentary pause at your upper pec line. Keep your elbows perperdicular <w i d e> to your body...do not let them drift forward. Wrist straps are a perfect way to help concentrate on the target muscles and not on grip strength. I use them always.

On the one arm rows. Try to invision the lat muscles like the bomb doors on an old WWll bomber. Closed they are tight together up at the spine. Open one at a time as you stretch down...let the door/lat roll away from the spine. Pause at the bottom...now as you pull the dumbell back towards your hip the door/lat closes up tight against the spine. Remember to keep the back flat front to rear/side to side and eyes forward.

Other lat work can be done with V bar cable pull downs to the sternum. T bar rows. Flat bench pull overs. School girl chins (close grip knuckes away with big hanging stretch at bottom) I do these mainly for bicep but feel the lats too.

Baldie

Thanks Bill, I usually perform many of those movements.....I'm gonna take the weight down and focus on mind-muscle. I really need width in a bad way!

Some of us are more qualified than others to make the real critical judgements. The rest of us can only comment on the aesthetics. Most of the people commenting in these contest threads fall into the latter category. We just don't have the experience. I'm sure all of the guys would appreciate critical comments from those who can give them.

I agee Pam, I fully expect you to bust my balls on diet--now conditioning OTOH, I understand you'll leave that to others. Thats the great thing about a journal, you have alot of different perspectives and expertises.

Down4whatever
11-14-2009, 09:32 AM
MEAL 1 - 8:00am

2 whole egg, scrambled
3 Egg whites, scrambled
1/2 Tbsp EVO
1 cup Enriched Milk, skim
1 Bagel, Health Crunch
Smuckers Natty PB, 1 Tbsp

MEAL 2 - 11:30am

Herb & Garlic Tuna Pouch, 4.5oz
Multi Grain Sandwich Thin

MEAL 3 - 2:30pm

Chicken Breasts(7oz)
Zatarain's Red Beans & Rice, 1 cup

MEAL 4 - 5:20pm

Apple, Large

MEAL 5 - 8:45pm

8 oz Lean Beef (96/4)

MEAL 6 - 10:15pm

1/2 cup Enriched Milk, skim
1 scoop Scivation whey

Calories - 2,258
Protein - 239g or 42%
Net Carbs - 147g or 26%
Fat - 65g or 26%
Fiber - 34g or 6%

COMMENTS 11-14-2009

Good energy again yesterday! I'm liking this! I test weighed this morning for kicks and giggles and it came in 194.8 which is pretty huge loss from 196.6 on Wednesday. I do need to mention that I am not staying very regular, and on Wednesday, I needed a movement and couldn't, so the weight was definately off due to that. I emptied nicely this morning, lol :eek:

Back/Tricep and cardio here in about 15 minutes!!!!

blu2xtreme
11-14-2009, 09:46 AM
Since I don't know much about all this yet...
I won't comment but I do know I got the Tuna flavored packs for $1.33 at Target yesterday...that's a good deal.
I really like the Sweet and Spicy one - hate Hickory

buckimscl
11-14-2009, 02:57 PM
I gotta try the Sweet & Spicy one!! Keep it up Matt.

bigdaddyd
11-14-2009, 06:12 PM

2 whole egg, scrambled
3 Egg whites, scrambled
1/2 Tbsp EVO
1 Bagel, Health Crunch

Chicken Breasts(7oz)

MEAL 4 - 5:20pm

Apple, Large

MEAL 5 - 8:45pm

8 oz Lean Beef (96/4)

MEAL 6 - 10:15pm

1 scoop Scivation whey

Calories - 2,258
Protein - 239g or 42%
Net Carbs - 147g or 26%
Fat - 65g or 26%
Fiber - 34g or 6%

COMMENTS 11-14-2009

Good energy again yesterday! I'm liking this! I test weighed this morning for kicks and giggles and it came in 194.8 which is pretty huge loss from 196.6 on Wednesday. I do need to mention that I am not staying very regular, and on Wednesday, I needed a movement and couldn't, so the weight was definately off due to that. I emptied nicely this morning, lol :eek:

Back/Tricep and cardio here in about 15 minutes!!!!

Good eating day man!

Down4whatever
11-14-2009, 10:24 PM
BACK/TRICEPS

RACK DEADS

135 X 12
225 X 8

365 X 5
375 X 5
385 X 5
395 X 5
415 X 5

SEATED CABLE ROWS

100 X 12 **did these very slowwww for MMC
110 X 12
120 X 12
130 X 12
140 X 12
150 X 12

SKULL CRUSHERS

45 X 20
65 X 15
75 X 15
85 X 12 **rarely ever do these; getting the feel

ONE ARM DB ROWS

50 X 12 **only done these a few times in my life
60 X 12
70 X 10 **we'll push the weight next week

SUPER SQUAT MACHINE (FACE IN)

90 X 10 **wanted to try this machine. I LIKE IT ALOT!!!
180 X 8 **plate weight only
270 X 6
360 X 4
450 X 4
540 X 2
630 X 2 **we'll make these a staple for sure

TRICEP PUSHDOWN MACHINE

210 X 25
230 X 20
240 X 15

LAT PULLDOWN

100 x 10 **slowed these down for MMC
100 x 10

T-BAR ROW

1 plate + 25 x 8
1 plate + 25 x 8 **running short on time

COMMENTS:

My Mom had an emergency and needed me to drive over, so I didn't have time for cardio today :( Oh well, I needed a day off from it anyway--been going consecutively for 13 days :) Besides, Sunday is my kill it cardio day. I'm gonna do 10 miles tomorrow!!

Pretty good session this morning, I feel like I benefitted from the slowing down of reps. We tried out the Super Squat machine and we both really liked the way it hit the entire lower torso!!! Definately will be in our program. Cardio only tomorrow!

Here's my weekly cardio summary for the week ending 11/14/09:

Distance: 22.51 miles
Time: 4:00:05
Avg Pace: 10:40/mile
Max Speed: 13.4 mph
Calories: 3,176

Down4whatever
11-15-2009, 09:04 AM
MEAL 1 - 8:20am

3 whole egg, scrambled
3 Egg whites, scrambled
1/2 Tbsp EVO
Smuckers Natty PB, 1/2 Tbsp

1 scoop Scivation whey
Apple, Large

MEAL 3 - 3:30pm

Beef Patties, 12oz
French Fries
Brown Gravy

MEAL 4 - 6:45pm

1 scoop ON whey

MEAL 5 - 9:45pm

Tilapia Fillets (10oz)
Broccoli, Frozen 2 cups

Calories - 2,505
Protein - 226g or 36%
Net Carbs - 142g or 23%
Fat - 106g or 38%
Fiber - 20g or 3%

COMMENTS 11-15-2009

Very respectable cheat meal and it really filled me up. I wasn't even hungry at meal 4 or 5, lol. I guess 12 oz of good beef will do that to ya! Fat was a little high, but hey, it was a cheat meal day. Back on the horse today with a projected 2100 calorie day today! Getting ready to own meal 1 and in a couple hours head out for major cardio!!!!!!!!!

Week 1 Macro summary:

Total calories: 15,643
Total Protein: 1,740g
Total Fat: 447g
Total Net Carbs: 971g
Total Fiber: 214g

Avg calories: 2,235
Avg Protein: 249g or 45%
Avg Fat: 64g or 26%
Avg Net Carbs: 139g or 24%
Avg Fiber: 31g or 5%

Sunday morning mid-week weight: 196.5

Baldiewonkanobi
11-15-2009, 11:16 AM
:drool: GRAVY :drool:

Something is soooooo Oklahoma about that. Dustyn, the fellow that trained with us, had his knee surgery last week and will be able to run/train again in a month or so. I'm thinkin I will be back there in 2-3 months. Keep the gravy bowl handy.

Baldie

Down4whatever
11-15-2009, 12:40 PM
MORNING CARDIO

Neighborhood Shuffle:

Distance - 10.31 miles
Time - 1:38:19
Avg Pace - 9:32/mile
Max speed - 10.0 mph **did some intervals toward the end
Calories - 1,571

COMMENTS:

Wow, it felt great to be running with some energy for a change! This may make me change my philosophy about the fasted thing. I felt awesome; better than I have felt running in a long time--maybe best ever, seriously!

I was amazed at how consistent my first 4 miles were......I was also amazed at how fast I was able to run the last mile!!! It was raining like a muther fucker, but I had challenged myself and I intended to do it no matter what. Mile 7, I walked more than I intended, but it still was a sub 11 minute mile. Now that I'm back in the warm house, the rain has subsided......figures!

Mile 1: 9:23
Mile 2: 9:23
Mile 3: 9:26
Mile 4: 9:23
Mile 5: 9:57
Mile 6: 9:30
Mile 7: 10:43
Mile 8: 9:56
Mile 9: 9:04
Mile 10: 8:17 **most proud of this time cause of fatigue factor

Hell, I may reward myself with a few extra carbs (25g) today :D

freebirdmac
11-15-2009, 12:50 PM
Nice run! I'm only getting out once a week on a 2 mile route. I suck at it and walk about half. But it feels good and does help with leg doms. I need to pick up some type of cardio mid week. Either the stairmill at the gym or another neighborhood run.

Ten miles seems like a lot when trying to hold onto muscles though :D

Down4whatever
11-15-2009, 01:35 PM
Nice run! I'm only getting out once a week on a 2 mile route. I suck at it and walk about half. But it feels good and does help with leg doms. I need to pick up some type of cardio mid week. Either the stairmill at the gym or another neighborhood run.

Yeah, I like my cardio; it makes me feel like I'm actually doing something productive. Probably comes from years of having a blue-collar job before I got edu-ma-cated.

The 10 miles is an anomaly and I'll probably only do it once per month. As slow as my HR was during that 10 miles, I am convinced it wasn't catabolic. 9:40 miles with my long ass legs is a really snail-like pace. Also, I have run all my life....so it comes quite naturally.

blu2xtreme
11-15-2009, 01:52 PM
I would love to do some long runs...never been great at it ...
my bulky short legs love intervals or inclines -
most I ever ran was 5 miles and it kicked my ass
I prefer 2 miles of intervals - makes my legs happy :yep:

Down4whatever
11-16-2009, 09:02 AM
MEAL 1 - 8:30am

3 whole egg, scrambled
3 Egg whites, scrambled
1/2 Tbsp EVOO

1 scoop ON whey
Apple, Large

MEAL 3 - 2:45pm

Tilapia Fillets, 10oz
Broccoli, frozen 2 cups

MEAL 4 - 5:45pm

Sweet & Spicy Tuna Pouch, 4.5oz

MEAL 5 - 8:30pm

3 whole egg, scrambled
3 Egg whites, scrambled
1/4 Tbsp EVOO
Apple Rice Cakes, 2

MEAL 6 - 10:20PM

1 scoop ON whey

Calories - 2,351
Protein - 240g or 41%
Net Carbs - 154g or 26%
Fat - 77g or 30%
Fiber - 22g or 3%

COMMENTS 11-16-2009

Nice eats yesterday; I was very hungry most of the day, but not faintingly hungry, so I am satisfied. Trying for a bigger calorie day today since it's Legs tonight!!! Most likely, I'll just have an extra carb pre-WO

Down4whatever
11-16-2009, 09:06 AM
MORNING FASTED CARDIO

Neighborhood Shuffle:

Distance - 3.05 miles
Time - 31:53
Avg Pace - 10:27/mile
Max speed - 8.4 mph **did zero intervals
Calories - 436

COMMENTS:

Back to no energy land! I actually felt ok this morning, but I was low on energy which really should just be a given. Hopefully I will start cruising a bit on this prep.....weight this morn was 195.6, so everything looks good!

blu2xtreme
11-16-2009, 09:10 AM
Good Morning Matt have a wonderful Monday:)

AnglicanBeachParty
11-16-2009, 09:51 AM

I didn't want to say it, but that's what I was thinking, too ...

Down4whatever
11-16-2009, 10:00 AM
I didn't want to say it, but that's what I was thinking, too ...

I appreciate the honesty!

I believe that if I had put my HR in the danger zone, maybe you'd be correct. I was jogging very slowly....in fact so slowly that I could've held a good conversation if someone was with me. Cardiovascular conditioning is a factor you guys seem to be ignoring. I could have jogged 10 more miles, so I wasn't exhausted either. I could be wrong, but who will ever know for sure?

freebirdmac
11-16-2009, 10:29 AM
It doesn't take 10 miles to get a good cardiovascular workout :D

If it works for you, that's all that matters.

tifflex
11-16-2009, 10:44 AM
MORNING FASTED CARDIO

Neighborhood Shuffle:

Distance - 3.05 miles
Time - 31:53
Avg Pace - 10:27/mile
Calories - 436

COMMENTS:

Back to no energy land! I actually felt ok this morning, but I was low on energy which really should just be a given. Hopefully I will start cruising a bit on this prep.....weight this morn was 195.6, so everything looks good!

Hi Matt! You're doing very well with your nutrition and cut.

Since you enjoy running, why not have a shake or something to give you a tad more energy.

Keep kicking butt!

Down4whatever
11-16-2009, 10:52 AM
It doesn't take 10 miles to get a good cardiovascular workout :D

If it works for you, that's all that matters.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I meant that my cardiovascular conditioning, or my ability to keep my HR under 140 while jogging/speed walking 10 miles may not be attainable by someone else.

Heck no, I already said that I only intend to do that every once in a while :hypno:. As you see, I only do 2.5-3 miles per morning and it's about 60% jogging and 40% speed walking.

Hi Matt! You're doing very well with your nutrition and cut.

Since you enjoy running, why not have a shake or something to give you a tad more energy.

Keep kicking butt!

Thanks Tiff!! The only thing that keeps me from doing the shake is digestion time; I estimate I'd have to wake up 30-45 minutes earlier. I may actually do that later in the prep :dunno:

tifflex
11-16-2009, 10:59 AM
Thanks Tiff!! The only thing that keeps me from doing the shake is digestion time; I estimate I'd have to wake up 30-45 minutes earlier. I may actually do that later in the prep :dunno:

I train at 3:30AM, so I have something light around 2:45 or so. It's tough eating that time of morning, but my body is accustomed to it. Have a great day!

Capt_lou
11-16-2009, 11:08 AM
I hear ya man! Here's what I know:

1) My arms are sticks and they need size in a bad way
2) My lats are shit and tiny and I have trouble flaring the little bitches
3) I have a severe imbalance that makes me look like I'm leaning
4) My hamstrings are almost non-existent, but I'm working on them
5) I have a shit-load of bodyfat that I'm trying to unload

All of these things I'm working on as best I can. No positive comments are making me eat more calories, run less hard in the morning, or train any less intense in the gym. I agree, the people are too easy on me, but remember--I am hard on myself!!! I will make this happen--I just need time. As you know BB'ing is a slowwwwwwwwwww process and I feel like I'm doing the best i can considering I'm in caloric deficit right now.

Anytime you want to comment, man I apreciate anything you can offer me!!

Morning Matt!
You have come a long way and huge improvements from where you started out at.

I pretty much agree with your self assemsment. I also agree with John, I hate it on the other site where everyone is so quick to say great job or you look awesome and in reality you look like crap (not saying you do lol)

I think it is much more helpful for us to give CONSTRUCTIVE criticism to each other.

BTW you have this "who farted" look in your jean picture lol

Down4whatever
11-16-2009, 11:21 AM
I train at 3:30AM, so I have something light around 2:45 or so. It's tough eating that time of morning, but my body is accustomed to it. Have a great day!

Wow, 2:45am? When do you sleep, lol

Morning Matt!
You have come a long way and huge improvements from where you started out at.

I pretty much agree with your self assemsment. I also agree with John, I hate it on the other site where everyone is so quick to say great job or you look awesome and in reality you look like crap (not saying you do lol)

I think it is much more helpful for us to give CONSTRUCTIVE criticism to each other.

BTW you have this "who farted" look in your jean picture lol

Thanks Tom, I appreciate the honesty.....I have no delusions about my progress. Yes, I went from fat ass to normal dude, but I do not look like a BB'er. In fact, I am pondering putting off any stage competition for at least 5 years because of how dissatisfied I am with my physique. Only time will tell.

tifflex
11-16-2009, 11:23 AM
Wow, 2:45am? When do you sleep, lol

I rarely sleep, but try to get a nap on Saturdays. It's working for me so far.

Capt_lou
11-16-2009, 11:26 AM
Thanks Tom, I appreciate the honesty.....I have no delusions about my progress. Yes, I went from fat ass to normal dude, but I do not look like a BB'er. In fact, I am pondering putting off any stage competition for at least 5 years because of how dissatisfied I am with my physique. Only time will tell.

I know you wanted to step on stage in 2011, which is still pretty far off. I would not make the decesion till late next year. I presonally would not want to step on stage just to do it. I want to win it when I do.

Don't be like that guy Do Something from that other site and look like crap up there.

Honestly other than Arms and Lats your building pretty good. At the smaller shows no one has hamstrings lol

Down4whatever
11-16-2009, 11:32 AM
I know you wanted to step on stage in 2011, which is still pretty far off. I would not make the decesion till late next year. I presonally would not want to step on stage just to do it. I want to win it when I do.

Don't be like that guy Do Something from that other site and look like crap up there.

Honestly other than Arms and Lats your building pretty good. At the smaller shows no one has hamstrings lol

LOL, I was wondering if anyone was gonna call that dude out for showing up like he did. I respect that he got on stage, but c'mon man. It takes a little more than dieting down to 145 and showing abs.

I agree to an extent, I wouldn't mind just looking like I belong up there for my first few contests. Yeah, I am genetically fucked when it comes to arms--lats I'm not too worried about cause as my waistline reduces, the lats will pop a little more.

Down4whatever
11-16-2009, 11:33 AM
I rarely sleep, but try to get a nap on Saturdays. It's working for me so far.

You have a job where you have to be in really early?

tifflex
11-16-2009, 12:05 PM
LOL, I was wondering if anyone was gonna call that dude out for showing up like he did. I respect that he got on stage, but c'mon man. It takes a little more than dieting down to 145 and showing abs.

I agree to an extent, I wouldn't mind just looking like I belong up there for my first few contests. Yeah, I am genetically fucked when it comes to arms--lats I'm not too worried about cause as my waistline reduces, the lats will pop a little more.
It was tempting, but I chose not to state the obvious. What's interesting to me is that he thought he should have placed higher. One has to be conditioned AND have muscle to be successful.

You have a job where you have to be in really early?
No; I'm supposed to be at work at 8 but I get there at a little before 7. I've always been an early riser. My gym opens at 3:30 and that time fits my personal schedule.

gman
11-16-2009, 12:53 PM
I would get ripped and lean and get on stage Matt. Don't wait 5 years

Look at any natural show, and the lean guys, especially novices, do not look especially impressive. They look like extremely lean lifeguards.

Just do it and learn from it. Don't be discouraged. Getting in contest shape will be worth it.

bodyhard
11-16-2009, 01:55 PM

So fucking true man, I can't believe he went up there looking the way he did, but I give him much respect for taking the plunge.

Matt, you are not that far out, the most important part is conditioning, if you work on that you will do very well.

Unless you are planning on doing a cycle then you are not going to get to the size you want, so doing a natural show you will have to rely on coming in as shredded as possible.

Stayfit is a small guy, but he won his show with sheer conditioning.

Down4whatever
11-16-2009, 02:18 PM
I would get ripped and lean and get on stage Matt. Don't wait 5 years

Look at any natural show, and the lean guys, especially novices, do not look especially impressive. They look like extremely lean lifeguards.

Just do it and learn from it. Don't be discouraged. Getting in contest shape will be worth it.

Right on; this is step 1- seeing how I look at really low BF. After that, I will re-evaluate. No matter what, I'd like my arms to improve.

So fucking true man, I can't believe he went up there looking the way he did, but I give him much respect for taking the plunge.

Matt, you are not that far out, the most important part is conditioning, if you work on that you will do very well.

Unless you are planning on doing a cycle then you are not going to get to the size you want, so doing a natural show you will have to rely on coming in as shredded as possible.

Stayfit is a small guy, but he won his show with sheer conditioning.

Exactly, conditioning is my number 1 focus right now. Stayfit also has pretty decent arms; I think his only soft spot is chest and maybe legs.

Capt_lou
11-16-2009, 02:30 PM
Exactly, conditioning is my number 1 focus right now. Stayfit also has pretty decent arms; I think his only soft spot is chest and maybe legs.

Chris and me and pretty much the same size, I am only about 3/4 of a inch taller than him. My arms are bigger than his and last I measured mine are right around 17"

But you hit it right on the nose, his conditioning is out of this world and came in shredded for his Albany show, which beat out the bigger guys around him.

gman
11-16-2009, 02:32 PM
anyone looks big if they are 3% bf and tanned and oiled, and know how to pose!

Down4whatever
11-16-2009, 02:56 PM
Chris and me and pretty much the same size, I am only about 3/4 of a inch taller than him. My arms are bigger than his and last I measured mine are right around 17"

But you hit it right on the nose, his conditioning is out of this world and came in shredded for his Albany show, which beat out the bigger guys around him.

anyone looks big if they are 3% bf and tanned and oiled, and know how to pose!

I have always wondered if getting peeled is doable for everyone? I know I'm getting ready to find out, but I've always been curious if some people just genetically can't get there.

Any thoughts?

Edit: My arms are 13.75" LOL

freebirdmac
11-16-2009, 02:59 PM
I believe that if I had put my HR in the danger zone, maybe you'd be correct. I was jogging very slowly....in fact so slowly that I could've held a good conversation if someone was with me. Cardiovascular conditioning is a factor you guys seem to be ignoring. I could have jogged 10 more miles, so I wasn't exhausted either. I could be wrong, but who will ever know for sure?

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I meant that my cardiovascular conditioning, or my ability to keep my HR under 140 while jogging/speed walking 10 miles may not be attainable by someone else.

Heck no, I already said that I only intend to do that every once in a while :hypno:. As you see, I only do 2.5-3 miles per morning and it's about 60% jogging and 40% speed walking.

I did misunderstand! I read it like you were flicking us noncardio people :) Got it now!

Down4whatever
11-16-2009, 03:13 PM
I did misunderstand! I read it like you were flicking us noncardio people :) Got it now!

Haha, heck no, I respect everyone's decisions to do what is best for their bodies. If I didn't enjoy cardio as much as I do, I prob wouldn't do it. (....much :D)

tifflex
11-16-2009, 03:15 PM
I have always wondered if getting peeled is doable for everyone? I know I'm getting ready to find out, but I've always been curious if some people just genetically can't get there.

Any thoughts?

Imo, anyone can get peeled. It takes time, sound nutrition, cardio, consistency and patience.

I am a little over 20 weeks out and getting peeled is the plan:yep:.

What are you doing for your arms?

Down4whatever
11-16-2009, 03:19 PM
Imo, anyone can get peeled. It takes time, sound nutrition, cardio, consistency and patience.

I am a little over 20 weeks out and getting peeled is the plan:yep:.

What are you doing for your arms?

I hope you're right!

I was thinking you had a contest in November?

Basically I'm just doing 8-12 sets of various curls for arms.....I have been having trouble because of elbow tendonitis, but it's starting to feel better, so I plan on doing more direct work (even though I'm in a caloric deficit)

tifflex
11-16-2009, 03:26 PM
I hope you're right!

Basically I'm just doing 8-12 sets of various curls for arms.....I have been having trouble because of elbow tendonitis, but it's starting to feel better, so I plan on doing more direct work (even though I'm in a caloric deficit)
I planned to compete in November but changed due to loose skin issues. I did a short recomp and am not back to contest dieting. Loose skin or not, I'm getting my ass on stage!

FWIW, my arms responded when I started working them twice a week.

Capt_lou
11-16-2009, 03:50 PM
I hope you're right!

I have limited my Bicep and Tricep workouts to 9-11 total total sets with 8-10 reps per set.

Vary the motions and never do the same motion twice. When I was doing 12-15 sets I had about 0 gains. Now my arms have really taken off and grown in the past 6 months.

gman
11-16-2009, 03:52 PM
up the fish oil Matt...it helped me a ton. I take 6 a day

Down4whatever
11-16-2009, 03:53 PM
I planned to compete in November but changed due to loose skin issues. I did a short recomp and am not back to contest dieting. Loose skin or not, I'm getting my ass on stage!

FWIW, my arms responded when I started working them twice a week.

I have limited my Bicep and Tricep workouts to 9-11 total total sets with 8-10 reps per set.

Vary the motions and never do the same motion twice. When I was doing 12-15 sets I had about 0 gains. Now my arms have really taken off and grown in the past 6 months.

OK, so twice a week and limit the sets; keep reps in the 8-12 range.....do you guys think my shortfall is bicep or tricep....or both?

Down4whatever
11-16-2009, 03:54 PM
up the fish oil Matt...it helped me a ton. I take 6 a day

lol, as much fish as you and I eat, you sure this is a good investment?

Capt_lou
11-16-2009, 03:56 PM
I think it is a lack of triceps IMO.

These are the things that I was doing that really helped me.

CGBP
Weighted Dips
Overhead rope tricep extensions.

Also, I do a push pull split, so I never do tricep on my chest day or biceps on my back day.

tifflex
11-16-2009, 04:08 PM

CGBP
Weighted Dips

Also, I do a push pull split, so I never do tricep on my chest day or biceps on my back day.
I agree with Capt's assessment and choice of exercises.

Down4whatever
11-16-2009, 04:08 PM

CGBP
Weighted Dips

That's kinda what I was thinking, but it's hard to tell when these sticks are so small, lol. I'm not sure how much I can add on a deficit, but I will train them hard like I'm in a surplus.....and Come March 7th, you better believe I'm gonna throw everything in my arsenal at them!!!

I train Biceps with chest and triceps with back; now I'll just pick another day to hit them for a secondary assault.

bodyhard
11-16-2009, 04:10 PM

Any thoughts?

Getting ripped is not easy and if not done correctly you can appear flat/small.

But when done correctly bodybuilding is an illusion and you can appear bigger than what you truly are.

You will learn as you continue moving along and the best is to learn through trial and error with your own body.

bodyhard
11-16-2009, 04:13 PM
That's kinda what I was thinking, but it's hard to tell when these sticks are so small, lol. I'm not sure how much I can add on a deficit, but I will train them hard like I'm in a surplus.....and Come March 7th, you better believe I'm gonna throw everything in my arsenal at them!!!

I train Biceps with chest and triceps with back; now I'll just pick another day to hit them for a secondary assault.

You hit the nail on the head by stating it will be hard to gain size on your bicep when you are dieting. In order for your arms to grow you need to grow all over.

But that doesn't mean that you can't add some size to your overall arms by training both he bicep and triceps.

Capt_lou
11-16-2009, 04:18 PM

Also are you taking any desicated liver? I have been on Uni-Liver for about 3 months now and I have a fulness to my muslces that I never had before.

I take 18 on training days and 12 on off days. Pretty cheap supplement to see if it works for you.

Down4whatever
11-16-2009, 04:18 PM
Getting ripped is not easy and if not done correctly you can appear flat/small.

But when done correctly bodybuilding is an illusion and you can appear bigger than what you truly are.

You will learn as you continue moving along and the best is to learn through trial and error with your own body.

Right. This is the (only) exciting part about dieting down..

You hit the nail on the head by stating it will be hard to gain size on your bicep when you are dieting. In order for your arms to grow you need to grow all over.

But that doesn't mean that you can't add some size to your overall arms by training both he bicep and triceps.

My arms are definately way out of symmetry.....you think it's impossible to grow arms to catch up symmetry-wise while certain other parts remain constant?

Down4whatever
11-16-2009, 04:19 PM
Also are you taking any desicated liver? I have been on Uni-Liver for about 3 months now and I have a fulness to my muslces that I never had before.

I take 18 on training days and 12 on off days. Pretty cheap supplement to see if it works for you.

Where would I buy that? BB.com? I'll try anything!

buckimscl
11-16-2009, 04:33 PM
Matt, you can get them from the Vitaminshoppe.com I use solgar brand because they are Argentinian cattle. They were less than 20 for a big bottle!! It's a supp that people have used since the 50's or 60's and it's still around so....

bodyhard
11-16-2009, 04:34 PM
Right. This is the (only) exciting part about dieting down..

My arms are definately way out of symmetry.....you think it's impossible to grow arms to catch up symmetry-wise while certain other parts remain constant?

Yes it is possible, if not bodybuilders would not be doing isolation exercises in the first place. The only problem is that typically you would have to grow everywhere first then concentrate on your lagging parts thereafter. (i.e. biceps, calves etc etc)

Baldiewonkanobi
11-16-2009, 05:08 PM
One scoop your of average whey = 3 grams Leucine
48 of your average desicated liver tablet = 3 grams Leucine

Leucine is the one amino you sure want for Hytrophy.

Baldie

gman
11-16-2009, 05:21 PM
you know, I just thought of something baldie...I know I don't eat enough red meat...should Matt and I be chowing on red meat more often instead of chicken and tuna.

Down4whatever
11-16-2009, 05:26 PM
you know, I just thought of something baldie...I know I don't eat enough red meat...should Matt and I be chowing on red meat more often instead of chicken and tuna.

I eat alot of 96/4 beef....probably like 2-3lbs /week

gman
11-16-2009, 05:40 PM
I eat alot of 96/4 beef....probably like 2-3lbs /week

I eat beef maybe once a week...

I guess that's not the answer.

buckimscl
11-16-2009, 05:41 PM
I eat Bison. Steaks and ground bison.

Baldiewonkanobi
11-16-2009, 06:00 PM
I LOVE red meat...it does not like my gout. So I am limited to once a week. I also prefer bison/buffalo. (without the hair) ;)

Great amino profile.

Baldie

bodyhard
11-16-2009, 06:03 PM
I LOVE red meat...it does not like my gout. So I am limited to once a week. I also prefer bison/buffalo. (without the hair) ;)

Great amino profile.

Baldie

LMFAO!! You know what they say about porkchops with hair...:D :D

bigdaddyd
11-16-2009, 07:22 PM
I eat Bison. Steaks and ground bison.
Where do you find this for a decent price? Way too expensive by me.

buckimscl
11-16-2009, 07:37 PM
I buy mine @ Kroger. I get some on ebay. No kidding. I got 20lbs of ground bison for 67.00 shipped!

freebirdmac
11-16-2009, 07:59 PM
I know a lot of people who order from here http://www.buffalohillsbisonmeat.com/

Down4whatever
11-16-2009, 09:14 PM
LEGS (HEAVY)

SQUATZ

135 X 8 **ROM= L.A.F.......low as fuck
185 X 4

225 X 12
235 X 10
255 X 8
275 X 6

360 X 10 **plate weight only counted
450 X 8 **ROM = ass to ankles

STATIONARY BB LUNGES

125 X 20 **reps are counting both legs
145 X 20

LEG EXTENSIONS

120 X 15 **various static holds throughout and rest pauses
130 X 15
140 X 15

SEATED LEG CURLS

130 x 15
140 x 15
150 x 15

SLDL

135 x 15
155 x 12
185 x 10 **did these really slowly; nice MMC

PRONE LEG CURLS

80 X 12
80 X 12

COMMENTS:

Just another leg day in da hood! I stopped to chat with one of the BB'ers tonight and the guy was kind of an ass....all he could say was negative shit about the local shows. It really made me rethink what the hell I'm doing, but maybe his opinion is not the popular opinion; I'll talk to some of the others eventually. It's raining tonight, so I hope it stops long enough for cardio in the morning :hypno:, if not, no biggie.

buckimscl
11-16-2009, 10:07 PM
Nice volume bro.

Down4whatever
11-17-2009, 09:03 AM
MEAL 1 - 8:30am

2 whole egg, scrambled
3 Egg whites, scrambled
1/2 Tbsp EVOO
1 Whole Wheat Bagel

Tomato Pesto Tuna Pouch, 4.5oz

Chicken Breast, 7oz

Lemon Pepper Tuna Pouch, 4.5oz
Apple, Large

Lean Beef, 8oz (96/4)
Black Beans, 1/2 can
Apple Rice Cakes, 3

1 scoop ON whey

Calories - 2,435
Protein - 253g or 42%
Net Carbs - 195g or 32%
Fat - 56g or 20%
Fiber - 38g or 6%

COMMENTS 11-17-2009

Nothing really to say, just another food day. I need a low day today.

Down4whatever
11-17-2009, 09:06 AM
MORNING FASTED CARDIO

Neighborhood Shuffle:

Distance - 3.13 miles
Time - 32:36
Avg Pace - 10:24/mile
Max speed - 8.2 mph **did zero intervals
Calories - 449

COMMENTS:

Little groggy and sleepy this morning; I think I slept through the cardio :D I have Chest/Biceps tonight! I'll be looking forward to it as soon as i wake up........

blu2xtreme
11-17-2009, 09:10 AM
COMMENTS:

Little groggy and sleepy this morning; I think I slept through the cardio :D I have Chest/Biceps tonight! I'll be looking forward to it as soon as i wake up........

I do cardio at 4:30am so I often sleep through it ...before I know I have 30 mins in ...love it :)

bodyhard
11-17-2009, 05:01 PM
LEGS (HEAVY)

SQUATZ

135 X 8 **ROM= L.A.F.......low as fuck
185 X 4

225 X 12
235 X 10
255 X 8
275 X 6

360 X 10 **plate weight only counted
450 X 8 **ROM = ass to ankles

STATIONARY BB LUNGES

125 X 20 **reps are counting both legs
145 X 20

LEG EXTENSIONS

120 X 15 **various static holds throughout and rest pauses
130 X 15
140 X 15

SEATED LEG CURLS

130 x 15
140 x 15
150 x 15

SLDL

135 x 15
155 x 12
185 x 10 **did these really slowly; nice MMC

PRONE LEG CURLS

80 X 12
80 X 12

COMMENTS:

Just another leg day in da hood! I stopped to chat with one of the BB'ers tonight and the guy was kind of an ass....all he could say was negative shit about the local shows. It really made me rethink what the hell I'm doing, but maybe his opinion is not the popular opinion; I'll talk to some of the others eventually. It's raining tonight, so I hope it stops long enough for cardio in the morning :hypno:, if not, no biggie.

Thats pretty common amongst bodybuilders to talk negative about local shows.

Down4whatever
11-17-2009, 05:08 PM
Thats pretty common amongst bodybuilders to talk negative about local shows.

The guy was obviously a regular juicer or PH'er, so I can understand his grief with more conditioned guys beating him with less mass.......which seemed to be his major bitch

Down4whatever
11-17-2009, 08:53 PM
CHEST/BICEPS

BB BENCH PRESS

95 X 12 wu
135 X 10 wu

205 X 8
215 X 8
225 X 8

BB INCLINE PRESS

150 X 8 **left shoulder fucking with me tonight
160 X 8
170 X 8

DB INCLINE FLYES

40's X 10 **I don't like these at all; need to research proper form
40's X 10
40's X 10

DB INCLINE CURLS

30's X 10
30's X 10
30's X 10 **nice; helluva burn with this girly weight :D

HS WIDE CHEST

4 plates x 20
6 plates x 12
6 plates + 20 x 10

WIDE GRIP BB CURLS

55 X 20 **very slow and controlled movements
65 X 12
70 X 10

SINGLE ARM CABLE CURLS

25 x 10 **10 reps for left arm and 10 for right arm
25 x 10
25 x 10

COMMENTS:

My left shoulder is hurting pretty badly; gonna ice it tonight and take some ibuprofen to see if I can get it to stop--it's pretty excruciating. It even hurt to steer the car on the way home. I think I hurt it doing BB lunges of all things; next week I'm switching back to walking DB lunges for a few weeks.

The session was pretty smooth; started out really shitty....no energy and no drive. As soon as we got past the DB flyes, I started feeling some energy. I'm looking forward to no training tomorrow for a change. I plan to get up a little earlier and do my cardio in the morning as speed-walking and let my legs have some quasi-rest.

Weigh and measure day tomorrow morning!! Should be good--I'm thinking I should be down in the 194 range somewhere and waistline at or just below 35"............crossing my fingers!

bodyhard
11-17-2009, 11:45 PM
CHEST/BICEPS

BB BENCH PRESS

95 X 12 wu
135 X 10 wu

205 X 8
215 X 8
225 X 8

BB INCLINE PRESS

150 X 8 **left shoulder fucking with me tonight
160 X 8
170 X 8

DB INCLINE FLYES

40's X 10 **I don't like these at all; need to research proper form
40's X 10
40's X 10

DB INCLINE CURLS

30's X 10
30's X 10
30's X 10 **nice; helluva burn with this girly weight :D

HS WIDE CHEST

4 plates x 20
6 plates x 12
6 plates + 20 x 10

WIDE GRIP BB CURLS

55 X 20 **very slow and controlled movements
65 X 12
70 X 10

SINGLE ARM CABLE CURLS

25 x 10 **10 reps for left arm and 10 for right arm
25 x 10
25 x 10

COMMENTS:

My left shoulder is hurting pretty badly; gonna ice it tonight and take some ibuprofen to see if I can get it to stop--it's pretty excruciating. It even hurt to steer the car on the way home. I think I hurt it doing BB lunges of all things; next week I'm switching back to walking DB lunges for a few weeks.

The session was pretty smooth; started out really shitty....no energy and no drive. As soon as we got past the DB flyes, I started feeling some energy. I'm looking forward to no training tomorrow for a change. I plan to get up a little earlier and do my cardio in the morning as speed-walking and let my legs have some quasi-rest.

Weigh and measure day tomorrow morning!! Should be good--I'm thinking I should be down in the 194 range somewhere and waistline at or just below 35"............crossing my fingers!

Mat on your next flat bb bench try this, I think you are killing your strength.

1st warm up set 95lbs 12-15
2nd warm up set 135lbs 12-15

Rest 2-4 minutes or till your breathing is back to normal.

1st working set 185lbs 6- 8 reps
2nd working set 225lbs do as many as you could

rest 2-4 minutes
3rd set 225lbs do as many as you could.

I think you will be surprise on how many reps you will get with 225lbs on the second working set.

Forgot to add, can you post a video of you doing the incline fly's?

Down4whatever
11-18-2009, 08:10 AM

2 whole egg, scrambled
3 Egg whites, scrambled
1/2 Tbsp EVOO
1 Whole Wheat Bagel

Chicken Breast, 7oz

MIlk, Skim 1 cup

Tilapia Fillets (10oz)
Broccoli, frozen 2 cups

1 scoop ON whey
Apple cinn rice cake

Calories - 2,116
Protein - 246g or 46%
Net Carbs - 148g or 28%
Fat - 51g or 22%
Fiber - 23g or 4%

COMMENTS 11-18-2009

Pretty hungry yesterday, but not so much that I was struggling. This calorie range seems to be right at the point where my body may burn fat the best; not sure.

Weigh and measure was bittersweet:

Weight: 196.2-----> last week 196.6-----> down .4 :(
Waist: 34"-----> last week 35 3/16"-----> down 1 3/16" WTF??:eek:

Somebody has some explainin' to do. Anyone know how this is possible? I measured my waist 6 times to be certain and it came back anywhere between 33 15/16" and 34 1/16" so I took the midline....crazy shit!

blu2xtreme
11-18-2009, 09:09 AM
Waist going good thing right:dunno:

Have a great day Matt :)
Smile at a girl today...make her day;)

Down4whatever
11-18-2009, 09:14 AM
MORNING FASTED CARDIO

Neighborhood Shuffle:

Distance - 3.06 miles
Time - 38:17
Avg Pace - 12:31/mile
Max speed - 7.6 mph **did zero intervals
Calories - 409

COMMENTS:

Hmmm, this was all speed walking and I burned similar calories....interesting. HR was probably around 115-120 or less, but I will never know until I get a monitor. The only bad thing about the walking is that I already have a blister on one of my heels; I'm assuming because there are twice as many steps of walking than jogging. So, as long as I have enough time for this, I may integrate more than a few walks per week. Only time I ran was when crossing streets.

Down4whatever
11-18-2009, 09:18 AM
Waist going good thing right:dunno:

Have a great day Matt :)
Smile at a girl today...make her day;)

I just don't understand the waist measurement.......

There are no girls where I work.....only old hags

gman
11-18-2009, 10:08 AM
waist thing could be it pulled tighter this time...but don't see how that makes a big enough difference.

If I let the accutape suck in all the way when measuring my waist, I usually can get an extra 1/2" smaller measurement, maybe 3/4 if I am lucky. I deliberately try to pull it a little loose after it tightens down.

Good job though bro...I am only 9lbs heavier but my waist is 3 1/2" bigger. I am still a fat ass in that part of my body.

Down4whatever
11-18-2009, 10:18 AM
waist thing could be it pulled tighter this time...but don't see how that makes a big enough difference.

If I let the accutape suck in all the way when measuring my waist, I usually can get an extra 1/2" smaller measurement, maybe 3/4 if I am lucky. I deliberately try to pull it a little loose after it tightens down.

Good job though bro...I am only 9lbs heavier but my waist is 3 1/2" bigger. I am still a fat ass in that part of my body.

I've actually gotten the waist measurement down to a science...there's no way I pulled too tightly or any of that cause I don't pull it. I stand erect, no slouching, no sucking in, pull the tape, measure at the center of the belly button, press the slack in button, put my thumb on it where it stops and then look down (because when you look down it moves the tape slightly).

I did the measurement 6 times from starting point, so it's correct. I just don't get it....I'll take it though!!! :yep:

Down4whatever
11-18-2009, 10:20 AM
Mat on your next flat bb bench try this, I think you are killing your strength.

1st warm up set 95lbs 12-15
2nd warm up set 135lbs 12-15

Rest 2-4 minutes or till your breathing is back to normal.

1st working set 185lbs 6- 8 reps
2nd working set 225lbs do as many as you could

rest 2-4 minutes
3rd set 225lbs do as many as you could.

I think you will be surprise on how many reps you will get with 225lbs on the second working set.

Forgot to add, can you post a video of you doing the incline fly's?

My shoulder was messing with me last night, so I was guilty of going through the motions a little bit. I'll get a vid of the flyes; they also hurt my shoulders!

gman
11-18-2009, 10:20 AM
awesome, Matt. I am so fucking jealous, you have no idea.

I think we carry our fat in different places, so my belly fat will start going quickly once everything else leans out I think.

Down4whatever
11-18-2009, 10:25 AM
awesome, Matt. I am so fucking jealous, you have no idea.

I think we carry our fat in different places, so my belly fat will start going quickly once everything else leans out I think.

Ahhh, no reason to be jealous man. I prob just had a good 1st week and I'm holding water in my muscles or something.

You're kicking ass and taking names!

Do you do waist measurements every week?

gman
11-18-2009, 10:27 AM
yes I measure my waist every week...haven't done this week's yet.

only down about an inch since starting 6 weeks ago...I really do think I am losing everywhere else first.

Hey we are both kicking ass...just keep it up. Only 15 weeks or so now.

Down4whatever
11-18-2009, 01:24 PM
Wow, I thought my will was strong...

Our Department is having a HUGE Thanksgiving luncheon today and I thought no big deal. I went in there to just sit and be sociable and I had to leave.....the aromas that emitted had my mouth watering so bad I was sloshing when chatting :drool:. I'm now feeling dejected at my desk waiting for the next 300-400 calorie meal to present itself.........this is lonely shit man!

gman
11-18-2009, 01:30 PM
If we ever get good at controlling our will, we will be able to eat at those events....not gonna happen for me for a while.

Down4whatever
11-19-2009, 08:58 AM

2 whole egg, scrambled
3 Egg whites, scrambled
1/2 Tbsp EVOO
1 Whole Wheat Bagel

Chicken Breast, 7oz

Lemon Pepper Tuna Pouch, 4.5oz
Apple, Large

Lean Beef, 8oz (96/4)
Multi Grain Thin
Black Beans, 1/2 can

Apple cinn rice cake

Calories - 2,205
Protein - 230g or 41%
Net Carbs - 172g or 31%
Fat - 51g or 21%
Fiber - 38g or 7%

COMMENTS 11-19-2009

Consistent day of eating yesterday. Mild hunger throughout the day, but nothing to break me. I decided to skip cardio this morning due to sore muscles in my front calves (not sure what that muscle is called) from the 40 minute speed-walking yesterday, lol. No big deal, I was looking to cut back a little bit anyway..... Shoulders/Traps/Calves tonight. I may go a little lighter tonight with higher reps cause my shoulders are still messin with me. We'll see.

AnglicanBeachParty
11-19-2009, 09:02 AM
I decided to skip cardio this morning due to sore muscles in my front calves (not sure what that muscle is called) from the 40 minute speed-walking yesterday, lol. No big deal, I was looking to cut back a little bit anyway.....

I think you are referring to the tibialis anterior muscles? Those used to cramp up on me during fast incline treadmill walks.

bigdaddyd
11-19-2009, 09:09 AM
Wow, I thought my will was strong...

Our Department is having a HUGE Thanksgiving luncheon today and I thought no big deal. I went in there to just sit and be sociable and I had to leave.....the aromas that emitted had my mouth watering so bad I was sloshing when chatting :drool:. I'm now feeling dejected at my desk waiting for the next 300-400 calorie meal to present itself.........this is lonely shit man!

Although its not socially acceptable, I don't even attend these things anymore. If people don't understand, that's on them. It is not our responsibility to explain our paths to them. Just my 2 cents.

Down4whatever
11-19-2009, 09:12 AM
I think you are referring to the tibialis anterior muscles? Those used to cramp up on me during fast incline treadmill walks.

That sounds right! They always get like this when I convert from jogging/running to walking. It usually passes pretty quickly.

Baldiewonkanobi
11-19-2009, 09:47 AM
I get to those office parties early and load up on the white turkey meat and the raw veggie platter without using the onion dip. I grap an xtra diet Coke and boggie back to my desk.

Matt...whats the deal e o on the Ahhhh Nold?? Who and how many are now commited to attend? Anyone really know?

The L.A. FitExpo is outa steam with the Ironman Pro just cancelled.
Can no longer call it the mini Arnold. I won't even go. :mad:

I should go to the Arnold and be a judge in your contest.

Baldie

Down4whatever
11-19-2009, 09:58 AM
I get to those office parties early and load up on the white turkey meat and the raw veggie platter without using the onion dip. I grap an xtra diet Coke and boggie back to my desk.

Matt...whats the deal e o on the Ahhhh Nold?? Who and how many are now commited to attend? Anyone really know?

Baldie

I think there are 5 or 6 competitors for the RX Muscle/Species Booth 'Best Conditioned' competition. I'm not sure who else is attending.....I'm sure Carlman and his crew will make it there since they are so close.

I think you'd have a blast if you came!!! I know I'd be delighted. As far as judging, wouldn't you have a tough time being impartial? :D Nah, I know you'd be fair!

gman
11-19-2009, 09:59 AM
I am starting to wonder if it's fizzling out Baldie.

I am in to the end...I will do it just to do it.

I am thinking Matt is in, Bucki is in, ABP is in, FBG is in, and I am in.

Kim and Bigdaddy have disappeared.

I hope Dave has it anyway. I am going to be pissed if he doesn't, but like I said, I am treating this as my coming out party, and I intend to be in stage condition no matter what. Allen wants me to enter the amateur anyway! Probably can't since I haven't done an NPC show before.

AnglicanBeachParty
11-19-2009, 10:09 AM
I hope Dave has it anyway. I am going to be pissed if he doesn't, but like I said, I am treating this as my coming out party, and I intend to be in stage condition no matter what. Allen wants me to enter the amateur anyway! Probably can't since I haven't done an NPC show before.

I PMed Dave after esplendido bowed out, and he replied: "It will happen."

As to the Arnold Amateur:

"U.S. competitors must finish in the top five at an NPC national qualifying-sanctioned event to be eligible for the Arnold Amateur. Entry form can be obtained at www.arnoldamateur.com (http://www.arnoldamateur.com)"

From here: http://www.arnoldclassicamateurbodybuilding.com/

bigdaddyd
11-19-2009, 02:32 PM
Kim and Bigdaddy have disappeared.

I'm still training for it. I'm just not on here anymore so if you want to disqualify me, let me know.

Down4whatever
11-19-2009, 02:38 PM
I'm still training for it. I'm just not on here anymore so if you want to disqualify me, let me know.

That sucks, why are you not posting here anymore?

buckimscl
11-19-2009, 02:44 PM
The challenge is still on. Dave is letting me head it up so it's a go.

Baldiewonkanobi
11-19-2009, 02:53 PM
I'm leaning towards comming back there to harass you all now that the Ironman Pro was cancelled in La La Land and the mini Arnold L.A. FitExpo will be no more than MMA and Strongman. Just that the 3 days due to the west/east time thing is a killer. Arrrrgg.

Baldie

AnglicanBeachParty
11-19-2009, 03:05 PM

Baldie

Sorry about the former.

But the latter idea is really cool!

Down4whatever
11-19-2009, 03:21 PM
I'm leaning towards comming back there to harass you all now that the Ironman Pro was cancelled in La La Land and the mini Arnold L.A. FitExpo will be no more than MMA and Strongman. Just that the 3 days due to the west/east time thing is a killer. Arrrrgg.

Baldie

You'll be having so much fun, you won't give a shit about the time difference! It'll be like a mini Pittsburgh :D

buckimscl
11-19-2009, 04:30 PM
It would be great to have ya there Baldie.

gman
11-19-2009, 04:37 PM

nah, just trying to flush you out....it worked! :p

buckimscl
11-19-2009, 04:53 PM
We make you mad there BigDaddy or you just throwing all of us a curve and showing up in Columbus and blowing us away.

gman
11-19-2009, 06:56 PM
I think he went to see Jillian or something....probably at 8% bf already!

Baldiewonkanobi
11-19-2009, 06:56 PM
It would be great to have ya there Baldie.

It takes all freaking day to get from here to there. Which night and what time is important in my decision. One flight arrives from La La at 4:20 pm....5:30 in the hall. Show hours? I hate to be gone for more than one night. 8 pm closing would give me 2 1/2 hours total. 10 hours on a plane???? See my dilema?

Baldie

Down4whatever
11-20-2009, 08:56 AM

2 whole egg, scrambled
3 Egg whites, scrambled
1/2 Tbsp EVOO
1 Whole Wheat Bagel

Chicken Breast, 7oz

ON Whey, 1 scoop
Apple, Large

Tilapia Fillets, 10oz
Broccoli, frozen 2 cups
Apple cinn rice cake, 2

Calories - 2,117
Protein - 213g or 40%
Net Carbs - 176g or 33%
Fat - 52g or 22%
Fiber - 26g or 5%

COMMENTS 11-20-2009

Internal plumbing problems are keeping me feeling like a beached whale......not a good feeling:no:

Down4whatever
11-20-2009, 08:59 AM
MORNING FASTED CARDIO

Neighborhood Shuffle:

Distance - 3.10 miles
Time - 32:45
Avg Pace - 10:34/mile
Calories - 446

COMMENTS:

70% walking and 30% running/jogging this morning. I postponed shoulder day to today with light legs.

blu2xtreme
11-20-2009, 10:33 AM
Morning Matt
I have been noticing a lot of that Sweet and Spicy tuna...
good stuff isn't it
I had herb and garlic last night ,not bad
weird question - do you put yours on a plate or eat it out of the pouch:confused:
I like to eat it out of the pouch ...seems hardcore that way:dunno:

Down4whatever
11-20-2009, 10:37 AM
Morning Matt
I have been noticing a lot of that Sweet and Spicy tuna...
good stuff isn't it
I had herb and garlic last night ,not bad
weird question - do you put yours on a plate or eat it out of the pouch:confused:
I like to eat it out of the pouch ...seems hardcore that way:dunno:

It's pretty tasty......for tuna :D

I dump mine onto a plate and grab scissors and cut one of the sides off and the bottom off and lick the pouch clean! How's that for hardcore? Somtimes I rub my face on the pouch when I'm done.......j/k :o

Baldiewonkanobi
11-20-2009, 10:52 AM
OK I'll bite...WTF is a pouch?

Baldie

blu2xtreme
11-20-2009, 10:55 AM
It's pretty tasty......for tuna :D

I dump mine onto a plate and grab scissors and cut one of the sides off and the bottom off and lick the pouch clean! How's that for hardcore? Somtimes I rub my face on the pouch when I'm done.......j/k :o

I kind of liked that;)

Baldie

It's the tuna that comes in the foil packets - they have different flavors
Mike is fond of Hickory- wouldn't recommend it :no:

Down4whatever
11-20-2009, 11:04 AM

Baldie

http://www.starkist.com/images/featured_product.jpg (http://www.starkist.com/template.asp?section=products/creations.asp)

Tomato Pesto is my favorite!!!

Baldiewonkanobi
11-20-2009, 11:12 AM
I just finished making tuna for work today with 4 cans of Trader Joes salt free white albacore, two tablespoons of natural mayo and two tablespoons of sweet relish. About 10 grams carbs total. 104 grams protein. I have 165 grams protein in me already....

Whats the sodium in the pouch?

Baldie

Down4whatever
11-20-2009, 11:15 AM
I just finished making tuna for work today with 4 cans of Trader Joes salt free white albacore, two tablespoons of natural mayo and two tablespoons of sweet relish. About 10 grams carbs total. 104 grams protein. I have 165 grams protein in me already....

Whats the sodium in the pouch?

Baldie

everyone asks that question......I know it's high in sodium, but why should I worry when I'm not even close to peak week? I'm staying under the RDA for sodium.

It varies from 500-800mg depending on which flavor.

Capt_lou
11-20-2009, 11:33 AM
To answer the Arnold question here is who is coming from my neck of the woods.

Me
Rich
Dave (bad.bull)
Stayfit
Bodyhard

I will be the entire weeknd and we are considering getting a workout in on Saturday morning for who ever whats to come and take over a gym.

blu2xtreme
11-20-2009, 11:40 AM

Me
Rich
Dave (bad.bull)
Stayfit
Bodyhard

I will be the entire weeknd and we are considering getting a workout in on Saturday morning for who ever whats to come and take over a gym.

I will be there Sat. can I come watch and take pics...
I will be good promise:p
No Carl ...bummer

freebirdmac
11-20-2009, 11:44 AM
No Carl ...bummer

Watch?? You'd workout!

bodyhard
11-20-2009, 11:46 AM

Me
Rich
Dave (bad.bull)
Stayfit
Bodyhard

Did you call Carl? Last I spoke to him he said he was coming through, what happen?

Down4whatever
11-20-2009, 11:47 AM

Me
Rich
Dave (bad.bull)
Stayfit
Bodyhard

Awesome!! Is it too early to get excited about it? lol, just 15 weeks out!!!

Capt_lou
11-20-2009, 11:49 AM
No Carl ...bummer

You good????? :confused:

Did you call Carl? Last I spoke to him he said he was coming through, what happen?

I have not talked to Carl in about 2 months, he is never on that other site anymore. Was hoping to get a workout together with him soon.

blu2xtreme
11-20-2009, 11:49 AM
Watch?? You'd workout!

Maybe :dunno:
Those are some scary boys...plus nice eye candy
would need some pics:p

blu2xtreme
11-20-2009, 11:51 AM
Awesome!! Is it too early to get excited about it? lol, just 15 weeks out!!!

Will you still be there Sat...
Were not leaving to Sunday

I have not talked to Carl in about 2 months, he is never on that other site anymore. Was hoping to get a workout together with him soon.

Ok not so much;)

Down4whatever
11-20-2009, 11:54 AM
Will you still be there Sat...
Were not leaving to Sunday

I plan to be there Thursday through early Sunday......I'll be an Ambassador, lol (after I win the contest:D)

I hope Carl gets to come too.

Capt_lou
11-20-2009, 11:59 AM
I plan to be there Thursday through early Sunday......I'll be an Ambassador, lol (after I win the contest:D)

Good you can set everything up lol

I will never do that shit again, after the way I was treated last year, there is no fuckin way in hell I will spend my time making reservations and giving people rides.

blu2xtreme
11-20-2009, 11:59 AM

Cool ...glad you will be around
Mike leaves Sat. morning and Bucki's not sure about staying Sat. night

It would be great to meet Carl ..hope he does

bodyhard
11-20-2009, 12:04 PM

I called him on his wife cell he said he was going to be at the Arnold this was about 3 weeks ago.

Down4whatever
11-20-2009, 12:04 PM

I will never do that shit again, after the way I was treated last year, there is no fuckin way in hell I will spend my time making reservations and giving people rides.

Haha, nah, on second thought......

I still haven't decided if I'm driving or flying.

bodyhard
11-20-2009, 12:07 PM

Also stay away from the female chewbacca's this time!

Capt_lou
11-20-2009, 12:22 PM
I called him on his wife cell he said he was going to be at the Arnold this was about 3 weeks ago.

I have to see what he is up to and why he is in this funk.

Also stay away from the female chewbacca's this time!

I swear if that ugly, hairy, physco bitch GBG messes with me this year!

Down4whatever
11-20-2009, 09:30 PM
SHOULDERS/LEGS (LIGHT)

SEATED BB SHOULDER PRESS

65 X 12 wu

105 X 10
105 X 10
110 X 8
115 X 8
115 X 7

BB FRONT RAISE

45 X 12
50 X 10
55 X 8

DB SIDE LATERALS

15's X 15
15's X 15
20's X 10

SUPER SQUAT (FACE IN)

90 X 10 wu

180 X 10
270 X 10
360 X 8
450 X 8

SUPER SQUAT (FACE OUT)

180 x 8 **new to the face out--much more difficult
180 x 10
230 x 10
270 x 8 **needed a lil assistance here

UPRIGHT ROWS

85 X 12
95 X 10
105 X 7

DB REAR DELT RAISE

15's X 15
15's X 15
15's X 12

CALF RAISES

135 X 15
175 X 15
220 X 15

WALKING DB LUNGES

25's x 30
30's x 30
35's x 30
45's x 30

BB SHRUGS

135 X 20
185 X 15

COMMENTS:

Had some make-up work to do tonight, so the volume is a lil high. I just needed another rest day for my poor shoulders. I also noticed tonight that the super squat machine is also hurting my shoulders, so it's gonna take time to adjust to that new machine in my program. Feeling good tonight as I had a cheat meal for lunch today! Probably helped keep me energized for tonight's volume.

Back/Tricep in the morning--and some cardio!!

blu2xtreme
11-20-2009, 09:43 PM
I love volume ...great job Matthew:D

Down4whatever
11-20-2009, 11:00 PM
I love volume ...great job Matthew:D

Thanks dear....

This shit had me laughing so hard I about choked on my eggs:
http://www.youtube.com/v/nppzGV1U8y8&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"
(http://www.youtube.com/v/nppzGV1U8y8&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1)

blu2xtreme
11-20-2009, 11:06 PM
Thanks dear....

This shit had me laughing so hard I about choked on my eggs:
http://www.youtube.com/v/nppzGV1U8y8&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"
(http://www.youtube.com/v/nppzGV1U8y8&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1)

We both need a life ...very badly:p

Down4whatever
11-20-2009, 11:11 PM
Previous link didnt work for me...........

YouTube- normal kid meets a powerlifter

blu2xtreme
11-20-2009, 11:13 PM
Previous link didnt work for me...........

YouTube- normal kid meets a powerlifter (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nppzGV1U8y8&feature=player_embedded)

worked for me...
well it didn't really work for me
I need much more tonight:p

buckimscl
11-21-2009, 07:54 AM
Good workout Matt!

Down4whatever
11-21-2009, 09:30 AM

2 whole egg, scrambled
3 Egg whites, scrambled
1/2 Tbsp EVOO
1 Whole Wheat Bagel
Bagel Spread, 1 Tbsp

MEAL 3 - 1:30pm

Cajun Chicken Strips
French Fries :drool:

MEAL 4 - 5:15PM

Apple, Large

MEAL 5 - 8:00pm

ON Whey, 1 scoop

MEAL 6 - 10:00pm

3 whole egg, scrambled
5 Egg whites, scrambled
1/4 Tbsp EVOO

Calories - 2,814
Protein - 234g or 33%
Net Carbs - 200g or 29%
Fat - 110g or 35%
Fiber - 22g or 3%

COMMENTS 11-21-2009

Fucking cheat meal...........:no:

I'm so weak; I caved and ate my favorite cheat meal. Oh well, it's not too bad. I made good choices for the other 5 meals. Training last night probably burned up 300-400 calories, so it's all good.

tifflex
11-21-2009, 10:23 AM
Do you have scheduled refeeds?

Baldiewonkanobi
11-21-2009, 10:54 AM
Which one was the cheat meal :confused:

Baldie

blu2xtreme
11-21-2009, 11:19 AM
Morning Matt :hmn:

Enjoyed our chat last night at Bucki's place :)

gman
11-21-2009, 12:16 PM

Baldie

meal 2? :p

Down4whatever
11-21-2009, 12:55 PM
Good workout Matt!

Thanks Bro.....just trying to get into cruise mode.

Do you have scheduled refeeds?

Nah, my diet is really not very scientific; I may need to take a look at it as I'm not losing any scale weight, but the waistline is decreasing, so.....:confused:

Baldie

Haha, so you think all my meals are cheats; I get it :D

Morning Matt :hmn:

Enjoyed our chat last night at Bucki's place :)

Yeah, it was fun venting and learning about you two.

meal 2? :p

Haha, very funny. All my meals are cheats to you too.

Down4whatever
11-21-2009, 01:05 PM
BACK/TRICEPS

RACK DEADS

135 X 15
225 X 10

315 X 12 **slowed these down to focus more on form
335 X 10
365 X 8
425 X 6 **rest pause at 4; heavy shit

SKULL CRUSHERS

55 X 20
65 X 20
85 X 11
95 X 9

ONE ARM DB ROWS

65 X 12
75 X 10
85 X 8

SEATED CABLE ROWS

130 X 15 **did these very slowwww for MMC
140 X 15
150 X 15

TRICEP PUSHDOWN MACHINE

200 X 28
220 X 18
240 X 16

LAT PULLDOWN

100 x 12
100 x 10

CARDIO

4 LAPS AT THE GYM TRACK

Garmin died, so I had to estimate.

Distance: 3.0 miles
Time: 32 minutes

COMMENTS:

Just another day in the life! I was a little fatigued going in this morning probably because I had just left the place about 12 hours prior, lol. Cardio only tomorrow and some rest!

Here's my weekly cardio summary for the week ending 11/21/09:

Distance: 25.40 miles
Time: 4:24:05
Calories: 3,625

buckimscl
11-21-2009, 01:39 PM
Very nice #'s and reps on the rack deads Matt!!

Down4whatever
11-21-2009, 01:49 PM
Very nice #'s and reps on the rack deads Matt!!

Thanks man; I think next week we're gonna go back to pulling from the floor to see if the rack deads helped move our DL numbers any. Should be interesting.

buckimscl
11-21-2009, 01:55 PM
Thanks man; I think next week we're gonna go back to pulling from the floor to see if the rack deads helped move our DL numbers any. Should be interesting.
I hurt my lower back years ago and have been reluctant to go heavy pulling from the floor jsut out of fear of reinjuring my lower back. I do rack deads, bent over barbell rows and don't worry about that but for some reason I avoid deads from the floor.

freebirdmac
11-21-2009, 02:44 PM
Here's my weekly cardio summary for the week ending 11/21/09:

Distance: 25.40 miles
Time: 4:24:05
Calories: 3,625

What? You burn 3600 cals a week just doing cardio yet you're trying to eat 2100 cals???

Down4whatever
11-21-2009, 03:01 PM
What? You burn 3600 cals a week just doing cardio yet you're trying to eat 2100 cals???

Who knows how accurate the garmin calculates calorie burn? Probably safe to assume 70-80% accuracy :dunno:

My weekly average is closer to 2300 k/cals per day which I believe may be high. I think my metabolism is a snail; take after my mom who is morbidly obese.

I welcome any thoughts....if you think I'll lose more fat eating 2500-2800, I'd be willing to do it, but I don't really think it would work.

Down4whatever
11-21-2009, 03:02 PM
I hurt my lower back years ago and have been reluctant to go heavy pulling from the floor jsut out of fear of reinjuring my lower back. I do rack deads, bent over barbell rows and don't worry about that but for some reason I avoid deads from the floor.

I've been really lucky re: lower back--never had an injury. Knock on wood :D

My one rep max for DL from the floor is only 440 though.

freebirdmac
11-21-2009, 03:04 PM
Who knows how accurate the garmin calculates calorie burn? Probably safe to assume 70-80% accuracy :dunno:

My weekly average is closer to 2300 k/cals per day which I believe may be high. I think my metabolism is a snail; take after my mom who is morbidly obese.

I welcome any thoughts....if you think I'll lose more fat eating 2500-2800, I'd be willing to do it, but I don't really think it would work.

How much were you eating before you started leaning out?

Down4whatever
11-21-2009, 03:06 PM
How much were you eating before you started leaning out?

Right before, I was trying to blindly bulk at 3200-3400 and was getting fat as fuck.

I seemed to maintain pretty well at 2700-2900 with 3 hrs cardio/week

Down4whatever
11-21-2009, 03:25 PM
Funny piece of mail today.

I am being sued for $40,000 by a collection company for the deficit that my house sold from the divorce.

I'm also being sued by the collection company that repossessed the ex's Jeep for $14,000.

Ok, who wants to be me?!?! :byeb::no::hypno:

This news is actually depressing and sad, but I'm trying to keep a stiff upper lip.

MsGuns
11-21-2009, 03:28 PM
Funny piece of mail today.

I am being sued for $40,000 by a collection company for the deficit that my house sold from the divorce.

I'm also being sued by the collection company that repossessed the ex's Jeep for $14,000.

Ok, who wants to be me?!?! :byeb::no::hypno:

This news is actually depressing and sad, but I'm trying to keep a stiff upper lip.

and thats funny...Ill pass on being you for the day...wow

freebirdmac
11-21-2009, 03:32 PM
Right before, I was trying to blindly bulk at 3200-3400 and was getting fat as fuck.

I seemed to maintain pretty well at 2700-2900 with 3 hrs cardio/week

What does getting fat as fuck mean? A tiny belly pooch you just couldn't stand? Or a beach ball belly?

Yikes! Sorry about the lawsuits! Are they just going after you and not your ex?

Down4whatever
11-21-2009, 03:38 PM
and thats funny...Ill pass on being you for the day...wow

Haha, I didn't expect I'd get any takers.

What does getting fat as fuck mean? A tiny belly pooch you just couldn't stand? Or a beach ball belly?

Yikes! Sorry about the lawsuits! Are they just going after you and not your ex?

Probably the tiny belly pooch, but still unacceptable right? Waistline expanded to over 36" from 33 3/4" at it's lowest point in July.

She's a deadbeat; disappeared from the map--doesn't work, so it's on me. I just hope I can file bankruptcy and get a fresh start.....if not, I guess I'll take my dogs and go live off the land :D

buckimscl
11-21-2009, 03:40 PM
Haha, I didn't expect I'd get any takers.

Probably the tiny belly pooch, but still unacceptable right? Waistline expanded to over 36" from 33 3/4" at it's lowest point in July.

She's a deadbeat; disappeared from the map--doesn't work, so it's on me. I just hope I can file bankruptcy and get a fresh start.....if not, I guess I'll take my dogs and go live off the land :D

You guys should have filed when you divorced, that's messed up bro!!

Down4whatever
11-21-2009, 03:42 PM
You guys should have filed when you divorced, that's messed up bro!!

LOL, I had to file public notice divorce....she disappeared beforehand.

bigdaddyd
11-21-2009, 03:44 PM
Not to trivialize your issue....but why couldn't mine have dissappeared!?

Sorry for your troubles bro. Been there....it sucks

MsGuns
11-21-2009, 03:44 PM
Whats up w/ women, people these days? Why are people so evil? I dont get it. Just like I will never ever understand the purpose of the pit on this site.

buckimscl
11-21-2009, 03:45 PM
That sucks bro!! I know there are income guidelines since they passed the reform in 05 and it's harder if you have a decent job anymore!! Hope it works out for you.

Down4whatever
11-21-2009, 03:47 PM
Whats up w/ women, people these days? Why are people so evil? I dont get it. Just like I will never ever understand the purpose of the pit on this site.

I hear ya! That place is horrid!

By the way, new AVI is smokin' hottttttt!!

Down4whatever
11-21-2009, 03:50 PM
Not to trivialize your issue....but why couldn't mine have dissappeared!?

Sorry for your troubles bro. Been there....it sucks

LOL, it's all good man. There's nothing I can do to change it, so I can't worry about it......and I don't have $54k laying around either :D

That sucks bro!! I know there are income guidelines since they passed the reform in 05 and it's harder if you have a decent job anymore!! Hope it works out for you.

Yeah, I heard, but maybe a perfect storm of incidents will happen......it looks like I may be getting laid off too, so that would work out pretty nicely!

bigdaddyd
11-21-2009, 03:53 PM
LOL, it's all good man. There's nothing I can do to change it, so I can't worry about it......and I don't have $54k laying around either :D

Yeah, I heard, but maybe a perfect storm of incidents will happen......it looks like I may be getting laid off too, so that would work out pretty nicely!

For the love of God man....If you drink, drink.

If you don't....why the hell not and welcome to my life!

freebirdmac
11-21-2009, 03:55 PM

Tiny pooch is not unacceptable. Waist measurements can be effected by increasing lower back muscle and bloating. Not just fat gains. I think your metabolism is much better than you think. The problem with running like you do is that you need carbs to fuel those workouts. Drop cals and resulting carbs, yet still run, leaves you pretty empty for the gym. At 2100 cals you're probably at a 1000+ cal deficit.

I'd cut the running back in favor of some shorter duration sprint type work. You could still eat a bit more, still lose fat, but have more energy in the gym where you need it most right now.

Down4whatever
11-21-2009, 03:55 PM
For the love of God man....If you drink, drink.

If you don't....why the hell not and welcome to my life!

Oh wow, is the same shit happening to you?

Trying to sabatoge me, huh? :D :D

bigdaddyd
11-21-2009, 03:56 PM
HA! I wouldn't sabotage anyone....I'm busy doing that to myself!

Down4whatever
11-21-2009, 04:02 PM
Tiny pooch is not unacceptable. Waist measurements can be effected by increasing lower back muscle and bloating. Not just fat gains. I think your metabolism is much better than you think. The problem with running like you do is that you need carbs to fuel those workouts. Drop cals and resulting carbs, yet still run, leaves you pretty empty for the gym. At 2100 cals you're probably at a 1000+ cal deficit.

I'd cut the running back in favor of some shorter duration sprint type work. You could still eat a bit more, still lose fat, but have more energy in the gym where you need it most right now.

The cardio doesn't even affect my gym performance. I do fasted cardio in the morning and it's now about 50% light jogging and 50% speed walking; I train in the evening and I've been feeling energized. Calorie average is about 2300--not 2100.

I may make some changes, but one thing is for sure, I feel wayyyyyy better on this program than the one I was on back in May-July. Back then I was always weak, hungry and tired so who knows....

buckimscl
11-21-2009, 04:05 PM
Dude, unless you got kids may be a good time to get out of OK. Try another part of the country.

Down4whatever
11-21-2009, 04:10 PM
Dude, unless you got kids may be a good time to get out of OK. Try another part of the country.

Yeah, I've thought about that. I'm like a fish out of water here. I thought about leaving this country for New Zealand or Australia.....or Canada even.

buckimscl
11-21-2009, 04:12 PM
Yeah, I've thought about that. I'm like a fish out of water here. I thought about leaving this country for New Zealand or Australia.....or Canada even.
Doesn't sound like a bad idea!

freebirdmac
11-21-2009, 04:12 PM

Maybe you just need to move closer to one of the coasts. Get out of the farm belt region. I'd suggest east coast over west coast. But I may be biased :)

MsGuns
11-21-2009, 04:14 PM
I hear ya! That place is horrid!

By the way, new AVI is smokin' hottttttt!!

It is and personally I think its hurting the site...but who am I.
Thx that is by far my fav from my comp last weekend.

blu2xtreme
11-21-2009, 04:29 PM
Sorry Matt ...
Many of us have been exactly where you are ...and it will get better always does.
Just getting ready for my storm to hit...it's brewing

At least you have cool friends likes us that care:yep:

fitbody
11-21-2009, 08:42 PM

ha ha come to Canada ;)
Canadians are cool !
you can hide out in the bush

i'll lovingly call you "BUSH BABY !"

hahaha i'm killin myself right now i'm laughin so hard
i love giving people nick names
from now on thatz what i'm gonna call you
oh my abs ~ good workout

this is my first time in your thread....
welcome me....

fitbody
11-21-2009, 09:04 PM

i got a fucked up story about my first divorce
how bout someone divorcing you and not even telling you
me in Canada him in Texas
him talkin to me telling me we were gettin back together
all the while the divorce went thru end of nov 93
and i find out apr 04
its a hell of a story how i found out and what i went thru
i was a month out of the Gold Classic here in Canada
when i was talking to him and i found out i was living at my parents
they had one of those phones with a long cord in the kitchen
i stretched it to the liquor cabinet
downed everything they had ~ straight
which was quite a bit !
when got off the phone i was wailing sobbing crying my guts were bleeding
didn't have a car handy grabbed my moutain bike road it to the liquor store
got more alcohol
got totally inebriated
my parents called suicide hotline on me
stayed out all night
took a white tshirt made it into a string tank top
took a black marker on it and wrote
UNSHACKLED
UNCHAINED
DIVORCE
FREE

i still got a pic of me the next morning standing out infront of my parents
my eyes are swollen shut
i got a cigarette in my hand
and from that moment on i trained like a madwoman for my show
it was the only thing that kept me alive at the time

how can you divorce someone and not tell them...
lead them along like you are gonna get back together for 5 months
then you call to what you think is your house to talk to your husband
and some chick answers the phone and you find this out+
granted he was fucked up on cocaine, but still....

moral of the story: what does not kill you will make you stronger babe

ps: before i left Texas i signed everything over to him, the house, land, oil leases, everything , dropped my lawyer who said i could get a minimum of $750,000 that was back in 1993. And i left Texas came back to Canada with what was left of my pride. Those following years were dark years for me and almost killed me as i was suicidal and didn't want the divorce. and i fell into my own crack addiction until i cleaned up in 1996 been clean ever since
i now know everything happens for a reason but it took me a long time to get thru the guantlet

blu2xtreme
11-22-2009, 12:24 AM
Hey Matt check out my food totals for Saturday
did it just for you :p;)

Down4whatever
11-22-2009, 12:32 AM
Sorry Matt ...
Many of us have been exactly where you are ...and it will get better always does.
Just getting ready for my storm to hit...it's brewing

At least you have cool friends likes us that care:yep:

I appreciate the concern......I just need to get it behind me and burn the baggage. I hope yours has a happy ending; I'm sure it will :)

Down4whatever
11-22-2009, 12:34 AM
ha ha come to Canada ;)
Canadians are cool !
you can hide out in the bush

i'll lovingly call you "BUSH BABY !"

hahaha i'm killin myself right now i'm laughin so hard
i love giving people nick names
from now on thatz what i'm gonna call you
oh my abs ~ good workout

this is my first time in your thread....
welcome me....

You may need to explain 'bush baby' lol

i got a fucked up story about my first divorce
how bout someone divorcing you and not even telling you
me in Canada him in Texas
him talkin to me telling me we were gettin back together
all the while the divorce went thru end of nov 93
and i find out apr 04
its a hell of a story how i found out and what i went thru
i was a month out of the Gold Classic here in Canada
when i was talking to him and i found out i was living at my parents
they had one of those phones with a long cord in the kitchen
i stretched it to the liquor cabinet
downed everything they had ~ straight
which was quite a bit !
when got off the phone i was wailing sobbing crying my guts were bleeding
didn't have a car handy grabbed my moutain bike road it to the liquor store
got more alcohol
got totally inebriated
my parents called suicide hotline on me
stayed out all night
took a white tshirt made it into a string tank top
took a black marker on it and wrote
UNSHACKLED
UNCHAINED
DIVORCE
FREE

i still got a pic of me the next morning standing out infront of my parents
my eyes are swollen shut
i got a cigarette in my hand
and from that moment on i trained like a madwoman for my show
it was the only thing that kept me alive at the time

how can you divorce someone and not tell them...
lead them along like you are gonna get back together for 5 months
then you call to what you think is your house to talk to your husband
and some chick answers the phone and you find this out+
granted he was fucked up on cocaine, but still....

moral of the story: what does not kill you will make you stronger babe

ps: before i left Texas i signed everything over to him, the house, land, oil leases, everything , dropped my lawyer who said i could get a minimum of $750,000 that was back in 1993. And i left Texas came back to Canada with what was left of my pride. Those following years were dark years for me and almost killed me as i was suicidal and didn't want the divorce. and i fell into my own crack addiction until i cleaned up in 1996 been clean ever since
i now know everything happens for a reason but it took me a long time to get thru the guantlet

My god, that is a terrible story.....I feel foolish for complaining now :o

Wow, you are indeed a strong woman!!!

fitbody
11-22-2009, 12:35 AM
I appreciate the concern......I just need to get it behind me and burn the baggage. I hope yours has a happy ending; I'm sure it will :)

yep gettin it behind you is all you can do hon
just keep your eyes on the horizon
and keep puttin one foot infront of the other....
:hmn:

fitbody
11-22-2009, 12:44 AM
You may need to explain 'bush baby' lol

My god, that is a terrible story.....I feel foolish for complaining now :o

Wow, you are indeed a strong woman!!!

oh that story isn't the half of the long sad love story baby
its all good...
alot of good came out of that marriage
you have to accept the good with the bad
and if i had to do it all over again
with even knowing all the same things would happen
i'd do it in a heartbeat !
i'm all about love
and you have to have hope, faith, & believe
that you will get exactly what you want when you are supposed to get it
and you have to....
Practice being infinitely patient,
never being dissatisfied with the speed or the manner in which
your intentions are manifesting
you have to know what you want
and you have to hold onto that with all your might
and have unwavering faith that it will come when you are ready for it
and not until

Down4whatever
11-22-2009, 12:53 AM
yep gettin it behind you is all you can do hon
just keep your eyes on the horizon
and keep puttin one foot infront of the other....
:hmn:

True true...and I will. I have put it in my head that I may be alone for much longer and that seems to help a little.

oh that story isn't the half of the long sad love story baby
its all good...
alot of good came out of that marriage
you have to accept the good with the bad
and if i had to do it all over again
with even knowing all the same things would happen
i'd do it in a heartbeat !
i'm all about love
and you have to have hope, faith, & believe
that you will get exactly what you want when you are supposed to get it
and you have to....
Practice being infinitely patient,
never being dissatisfied with the speed or the manner in which
your intentions are manifesting
you have to know what you want
and you have to hold onto that with all your might
and have unwavering faith that it will come when you are ready for it
and not until

Interesting that you would go through the same situations over again. As i look back at my failed 3 marriages and failed 'engagement', I don't think I woud want to relive any of it.

I intend to be patient. Unfortunately a woman like you is extremely rare.....so rare that I fully believe I will most likely die alone because I will not settle again. Sounds morbid, I know, but if I'm being honest with myself, I have to accept that potential fate.....

Down4whatever
11-22-2009, 12:56 AM
Here's my housemate; my pal!

fitbody
11-22-2009, 01:00 AM
True true...and I will. I have put it in my head that I may be alone for much longer and that seems to help a little.

Interesting that you would go through the same situations over again. As i look back at my failed 3 marriages and failed 'engagement', I don't think I woud want to relive any of it.

I intend to be patient. Unfortunately a woman like you is extremely rare.....so rare that I fully believe I will most likely die alone because I will not settle again. Sounds morbid, I know, but if I'm being honest with myself, I have to accept that potential fate.....

================================================== ========================
Matt,
if you believe that you will create your own reality
do you know "The Secret" ?
'the law of attraction
what you think about you bring about
thatz what you are doing
do you know my thread in the womens section
then the women's Q & A
then my thread "Q & A with Canadian Dawn Alison"
here's the link:Q&A with Canadian Dawn Alison! - Page 24 - RX Muscle Forums
i post there everyday at least once
sometimes more
lately its been 2 x's a day cuz i've needed it
'been going thru a rough patch, and personal growth myself
anyways you should go there
and read it it'll help
go there every day
serioulsy it'll help
it helps me thatz why i do it
but it helps alotta others too
i have done Pt of the Days for yrs
got tons of emails etc
saying how it's changed their lives

if you don't know the secret
you need to get the audio book
get it over the book and the dvd movie'
its better and retrain your brain
and you will get everything you want outta life
if you listen to me about one thing do this

fitbody
11-22-2009, 01:02 AM
Here's my housemate; my pal!

awesome you are not alone
here's mine

Down4whatever
11-22-2009, 01:02 AM
Can't believe I'm posting this........pic from wedding in April 2005

:puke:

fitbody
11-22-2009, 01:03 AM
gotta put my son to bed
i gotta train legs in am so gotta sleep now
will talk to you more
do me a favor
spend time in my thread
and get the SECRET audio book !

fitbody
11-22-2009, 01:04 AM
i clicked on your wedding pic Matt
you guys look sweet
its hard but people come in and outta our lives
we just gotta accept that
and move on

Down4whatever
11-22-2009, 01:07 AM

================================================== ========================
Matt,
if you believe that you will create your own reality
do you know "The Secret" ?
'the law of attraction
what you think about you bring about
thatz what you are doing
do you know my thread in the womens section
then the women's Q & A
then my thread "Q & A with Canadian Dawn Alison"
here's the link:Q&A with Canadian Dawn Alison! - Page 24 - RX Muscle Forums (http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?p=676744#post676744)
i post there everyday at least once
sometimes more
lately its been 2 x's a day cuz i've needed it
'been going thru a rough patch, and personal growth myself
anyways you should go there
and read it it'll help
go there every day
serioulsy it'll help
it helps me thatz why i do it
but it helps alotta others too
i have done Pt of the Days for yrs
got tons of emails etc
saying how it's changed their lives

if you don't know the secret
you need to get the audio book
get it over the book and the dvd movie'
its better and retrain your brain
and you will get everything you want outta life
if you listen to me about one thing do this

Cool, I will definately check it out!!! That's great that you do this....and I know I need to clean up my mental attitude. I'll check out the book too.

Down4whatever
11-22-2009, 01:08 AM
awesome you are not alone
here's mine

Wow, cute kid!!! That's so cool!

TTYL

blu2xtreme
11-22-2009, 01:12 AM
i clicked on your wedding pic Matt
you guys look sweet
its hard but people come in and outta our lives
we just gotta accept that
and move on

Sad how happy we are one day...
then look back and wonder
what the Hell happended:confused:
or how we got there to start ...that was marriage #2

bigdaddyd
11-22-2009, 08:01 AM
That stuff happens for a reason. I know it's cliche but I was where you are at for sure.

I was with my first wife for almost 14 years before I divorced her. I was devastated leaving my 2 kids but I had to (long story-she had serious issues and wouldn't get help). If this wouldnt have happened I wouldn't have been living where I was and I wouldnt have been bored one day and looked up my old best friend and found my high school sweetheart. I looked both him and her up just for shits and giggles.

We (high school sweetheart) have been married 7 years now, together 10, and have a 3 year old love of my life from my high school sweetheart 15 years after high school. AND, my best friend and I were reunited and have been best friends again since that initial conversation 10 years ago.

Stuff happens for a reason even if we don't like it at first. I hate that my two oldest girls don't live with me and I only see them parttime. They hate it and I hate it. But then the little one wouldn't be here, my wonderful wife wouldn't be my wonderful wife, and I would have lost my best friend forever.....

In the immortal words of the Penguins....

Smile and wave boys....just smile and wave

fitbody
11-22-2009, 09:04 AM
[quote=fitbody;676826]

Cool, I will definately check it out!!! That's great that you do this....and I know I need to clean up my mental attitude. I'll check out the book too.

DON'T GET THE BOOK GET THE AUDIO BOOK WAY BETTER !!!!!!!!!!

fitbody
11-22-2009, 09:12 AM

people change
we change
either you grow together or you grow apart
its no ones fault it just is
thatz a part of life
you gotta accept that
don't dwell on the negative
look at what you can take away from it
look at the postitive aspects of it
like my first marriage almost killed me literally from heart ache & drug addiction
nice for Doug to introduce me to cocaine eh !
but he also got me into the iron world, became a US National champ Powerlifter & started my BB career
good and bad but i learned from both
my 2nd marriage went thru brutal custoday battle cost me tons of dough
but i got my son, my greatest gift & accomplishment
was it worth all the hell i went thru with his dad of course
what did i learn from the bad though
LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP NEXT TIME !!!!!!!
thoroughly investigate the man before you make that big of committment

but both would i do it all over again no matter if you still get all the hell
of course i would
both marriages added so much to my like
i loved both men with all my heart & soul at the time
and i learned from both
so both i'm grateful for
would i get married again ? if i found the right one
do i need to get married again ? no just don't feel the need like when i was younger
been there done alll that
but i do believe in it for sure

Down4whatever
11-22-2009, 09:48 AM

Strange part is, I don't remember ever being truely happy...

That stuff happens for a reason. I know it's cliche but I was where you are at for sure.

I was with my first wife for almost 14 years before I divorced her. I was devastated leaving my 2 kids but I had to (long story-she had serious issues and wouldn't get help). If this wouldnt have happened I wouldn't have been living where I was and I wouldnt have been bored one day and looked up my old best friend and found my high school sweetheart. I looked both him and her up just for shits and giggles.

We (high school sweetheart) have been married 7 years now, together 10, and have a 3 year old love of my life from my high school sweetheart 15 years after high school. AND, my best friend and I were reunited and have been best friends again since that initial conversation 10 years ago.

Stuff happens for a reason even if we don't like it at first. I hate that my two oldest girls don't live with me and I only see them parttime. They hate it and I hate it. But then the little one wouldn't be here, my wonderful wife wouldn't be my wonderful wife, and I would have lost my best friend forever.....

In the immortal words of the Penguins....

Smile and wave boys....just smile and wave

Great story! I believe you're onto something there. Hard to see the forest through all the trees soometimes. :o

[quote=Down4whatever;676841]

DON'T GET THE BOOK GET THE AUDIO BOOK WAY BETTER !!!!!!!!!!

will do

people change
we change
either you grow together or you grow apart
its no ones fault it just is
thatz a part of life
you gotta accept that
don't dwell on the negative
look at what you can take away from it
look at the postitive aspects of it
like my first marriage almost killed me literally from heart ache & drug addiction
nice for Doug to introduce me to cocaine eh !
but he also got me into the iron world, became a US National champ Powerlifter & started my BB career
good and bad but i learned from both
my 2nd marriage went thru brutal custoday battle cost me tons of dough
but i got my son, my greatest gift & accomplishment
was it worth all the hell i went thru with his dad of course
what did i learn from the bad though
LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP NEXT TIME !!!!!!!
thoroughly investigate the man before you make that big of committment

but both would i do it all over again no matter if you still get all the hell
of course i would
both marriages added so much to my like
i loved both men with all my heart & soul at the time
and i learned from both
so both i'm grateful for
would i get married again ? if i found the right one
do i need to get married again ? no just don't feel the need like when i was younger
been there done alll that
but i do believe in it for sure

Bolded statement x 1,000,000; it cannot be emphasized enough. I like the statement about needing to be married versus open to the concept. I too believe in the concept, but wow, I cannot imagine it. bleh...

fitbody
11-22-2009, 09:53 AM
the definition of insanity is making the same mistakes over and over again expecting different results
thatz why april of this yr i decided i needed to change my naughty ways
trying my damnest to be way smarter this go round
we'll see how much personal growth i've achieved ha ha
trying my damnest to make a more educated informed choice this go round
instead of listening to my hormones !
they always get me into trouble
problem is i think my hormones are my head / heart
this time i gotta get the feeliin up a little higher
up outta the gutter
can't be too hard on myself
cuz sex is what makes the world go round
without it life would have been finished long time ago

Down4whatever
11-22-2009, 10:01 AM
I feel like this should be playing in the background, lol

YouTube- vulnerable secondhand serenade

MsGuns
11-22-2009, 10:27 AM
Good Morning, I hope you have a great day!

Down4whatever
11-22-2009, 10:37 AM
Good Morning, I hope you have a great day!

Howdy! You just keep spreading the joy with your lovely avi's :D

I need to post a more testosterony video for the day!!! Not sure what I was thinking on that last one :o I wish we could delete posts

YouTube- Korn - Counting On Me

gman
11-22-2009, 11:38 AM
i saw the bloody razor blade, and could not click, I am squeamish!

MsGuns
11-22-2009, 11:43 AM
Thx for the compliment...
Just giving yall a taste of my hard work!

freebirdmac
11-22-2009, 12:04 PM
Hey! Where's the hard core training stuff?? Enough with this sappy crap! :D

Down4whatever
11-22-2009, 01:38 PM
MORNING CARDIO

Neighborhood Shuffle:

Distance - 11.12 miles
Time - 1:51:35
Avg Pace - 10:02/mile
Max speed - 8.6 mph
Calories - 1,672

COMMENTS:

Felt good to get my hair in the breeze. Beautiful Sunday morning.....I didn't want to stop. I did slow down this week in the interest of muscle preservation. I paid my penance for two consecutive days of lousy meal planning and execution.

Mile 1: 9:57
Mile 2: 9:46
Mile 3: 9:43
Mile 4: 9:28
Mile 5: 9:14
Mile 6: 9:20
Mile 7: 10:32
Mile 8: 10:44
Mile 9: 10:56
Mile 10: 8:58
Mile 11: 11:06

Down4whatever
11-22-2009, 01:38 PM
Hey! Where's the hard core training stuff?? Enough with this sappy crap! :D

Ask and ye shall receive:D

Down4whatever
11-22-2009, 03:23 PM
I just tried to use Scivation Choc Whey as creamer for my coffee......shit!

Tastes like warm cow piss strained through a dirty sock......had to throw it out.....maybe a packet of splenda woulda saved it??

gman
11-22-2009, 03:25 PM
doubtful...the whey has enough splenda already...just doesn't work when mixed with hot liquids

Down4whatever
11-22-2009, 08:53 PM
It's been a while since I posted some good ole food porn:

Here's all you need-
http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt108/bustasinclair/001-16.jpg

Only need 1/2 bag of shrimp-
http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt108/bustasinclair/002-11.jpg

I just use Pam cooking spray-
http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt108/bustasinclair/003-8.jpg

Big ass plate o' food for low calories :D
http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt108/bustasinclair/004-12.jpg

Calories: 302
Protein: 49g
Fat: 2.3g
Net Carbs: 2
Fiber: 9

gman
11-22-2009, 08:56 PM
damn,keto friendly, looks good

might have to try this tomorrow

Down4whatever
11-22-2009, 09:02 PM
damn,keto friendly, looks good

might have to try this tomorrow

It's still not too filling.....I'm gonna have 1/2 cup cottage on the side since I have some calories left.

It's alot of good eating though :drool::drool:

Cost effectiveness:

16oz bag of veggie mix - $1.79
1/2 Bag 14oz shrimp on sale - $5.49/2 = $2.75

A little high for just one meal, but shit man--it feels good to get some variety :hypno:

blu2xtreme
11-22-2009, 09:08 PM
Looks good Matt ...if I added some brown rice it would be great

Down4whatever
11-22-2009, 09:13 PM
Looks good Matt ...if I added some brown rice it would be great

Good idea! If I had some, I would add. :( I'm still a lil low on hitting my numbers today--I think I've been punishing myself for being a bad boy :)

gman
11-22-2009, 09:17 PM
blu, you couldnt eat that much volume, much less if you added brown rice!

blu2xtreme
11-22-2009, 09:18 PM
Good idea! If I had some, I would add. :( I'm still a lil low on hitting my numbers today--I think I've been punishing myself for being a bad boy :)

If your going to be bad ..... be really bad ;)

blu2xtreme
11-22-2009, 09:19 PM

I could eat it all week:p

Down4whatever
11-22-2009, 09:20 PM

Looking at what you call 'meals', I would have to agree 100%; it's alot of food

If your going to be bad ..... be really bad ;)

LOL, I was bad.......

gman
11-22-2009, 09:20 PM
i could eat that meal twice over with the brown rice and not be full

wish I had your appetite blu

Down4whatever
11-22-2009, 09:23 PM
i could eat that meal twice over with the brown rice and not be full

wish I had your appetite blu

Me too..

Speaking of appetite, when grocery shopping tonight, I bought some of those green tea tablets...I think the brand name was Mrs. T or something. I got them for appetite suppressant--anyone know if I just wasted $4?

gman
11-22-2009, 09:24 PM
yes, good for other stuff, but not as an appetite supressant!

I take it every day for antioxidant

blu2xtreme
11-22-2009, 09:30 PM
Me too..

Speaking of appetite, when grocery shopping tonight, I bought some of those green tea tablets...I think the brand name was Mrs. T or something. I got them for appetite suppressant--anyone know if I just wasted $4?

Green tea stuff gives me a bad headache ...weird I can't take most stimulants ....
Not that I need one ...way hyper already

gman
11-22-2009, 09:33 PM
i take 3 a day and never felt a thing from it.

Down4whatever
11-22-2009, 09:37 PM
Green tea stuff gives me a bad headache ...weird I can't take most stimulants ....
Not that I need one ...way hyper already

i take 3 a day and never felt a thing from it.

Yeah, only 50mg of caffeine..

Chromium (as chromium dinicotinate glycinate)
250 mg

Proprietary Blend
882 mcg

Green tea leaf standardized extract
600 mg

(provides 90 mg EGCG and 50 mg naturally-occurring caffeine)

Acai fruit (from acai fruit 5:1 extract), Hoodia gordonii cactus (from genuine South African 20:1 extract) (aerial parts) Yerba mate leaf Guarana seed extract Uva-ursi leaf Capsicum fruit Polygonum cuspidatum root extract (50% resveratrol) Green coffee extract (bean) Fucoxanthin-rich wakame seaweed

Down4whatever
11-23-2009, 07:53 AM
MEAL 1 - 8:45am

2 whole egg, scrambled
3 Egg whites, scrambled
1/2 Tbsp EVOO

MEAL 2 - 11:50am

Natty More PB, 1 Tbsp
ON Whey, 1 scoop
Apple, Large

MEAL 3 - 2:45pm

Tilapia Fillets, 10oz
Broccoli, frozen 2 cups
Apple rice cake
Natty More PB, 1/2 Tbsp

MEAL 4 - 7:45PM

Shrimp, 7oz
Stir Fry Asparagus Mix, 16oz
Cottage Cheese, 2% 1/2 cup

MEAL 5 - 10:00pm

Natty More PB, 1 Tbsp
ON Whey, 1 scoop

Calories - 1,933
Protein - 227g or 47%
Net Carbs - 115g or 24%
Fat - 50g or 23%
Fiber - 29g or 6%

COMMENTS 11-23-2009

New plan is to do one day at 1900-2000 and the next at 2500; repeat the cycle all week and I should end up averaging 2200. I may bump the low day to 2100, but for now this is the plan. It gives me a good day of eating followed by a light day that is easy to deal with because I know the next day I get more food. Pulling out all the stops!! Also there will be differing menu options this week!

Down4whatever
11-23-2009, 09:07 AM
MORNING FASTED CARDIO

Neighborhood Shuffle:

Distance - 3.12 miles
Time - 33:13
Avg Pace - 10:39/mile
Max speed - 9.9 mph **did zero intervals
Calories - 442

COMMENTS:

Nothing much to say; another day of cardio in the books :yep:

gman
11-23-2009, 10:13 AM
cardio is cumulative, IMO...it really doesn't do anything day to day, it's the month after month of it that does something.

AnglicanBeachParty
11-23-2009, 10:45 AM
cardio is cumulative, IMO...it really doesn't do anything day to day, it's the month after month of it that does something.

That's what I think, too. It is an act of faith. You do cardio today to (hopefully) be happier with the way you look a month from now.

Down4whatever
11-23-2009, 11:14 AM

That's what I think, too. It is an act of faith. You do cardio today to (hopefully) be happier with the way you look a month from now.

Hmm, interesting! I thought it was relatively short-sighted; burn calories now to look good next week. Or are you guys referring to the cardiovascular effects?

gman
11-23-2009, 11:25 AM
too me it's like eating 200 a day less calories...doesn't really do anything on a weekly basis, but after 365 straight days, it has a big effect.

I think of cardio the same way...burning an extra 300-400 a day by doing it does very little in one week.

freebirdmac
11-23-2009, 11:40 AM
too me it's like eating 200 a day less calories...doesn't really do anything on a weekly basis, but after 365 straight days, it has a big effect.

I think of cardio the same way...burning an extra 300-400 a day by doing it does very little in one week.

I agree with this too. At 300 cals x 7 x 20 weeks = 14 pounds. But at 0.7 pounds a week you won't see much effect until maybe the 4th week. Even then water can mask the loss but you should see it in measurements and picts.

Down4whatever
11-23-2009, 12:12 PM
I agree with this too. At 300 cals x 7 x 20 weeks = 14 pounds. But at 0.7 pounds a week you won't see much effect until maybe the 4th week. Even then water can mask the loss but you should see it in measurements and picts.

So you concur that I should not be alarmed that I haven't lost any scale weight going on 16 days now?

gman
11-23-2009, 12:15 PM
no, you should obsess and panic so I am not the only one doing it! ;)

I haven't lost in about that same time period

freebirdmac
11-23-2009, 12:40 PM
So you concur that I should not be alarmed that I haven't lost any scale weight going on 16 days now?

What do those 16 days look like in the big picture since you started your cut? In terms of scale loss and measurement loss?