PDA

View Full Version : Matt's Journey to 5%--RX Muscle/Species Arnold Challenge

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Capt_lou
01-14-2010, 11:11 AM
We all have those lifts that give us trouble, I can do seated overhead press for 200 for 5-6 but put me on BB bench and I look like a 6 year old girl trying to put up 250.

gman
01-14-2010, 11:14 AM
ha, I can't even do 225 anymore on flat bench

But as long as I look like I am strong, that's what's important!

Down4whatever
01-14-2010, 11:21 AM
Even on TRT my strength didn't increase...I am just a weak mfer.

I notice TRT helping more with recovery than strength...I don't get so sore anymore.

Hmmm, maybe I needs me some of that.....I seriously do need to get my test levels checked.

We all have those lifts that give us trouble, I can do seated overhead press for 200 for 5-6 but put me on BB bench and I look like a 6 year old girl trying to put up 250.

Yeah, but you're a beast on shoulder work; I think I'd rather have strong shoulders like yours than a strong chest. And I know you press more than 250; I read your journal. ;)

ha, I can't even do 225 anymore on flat bench

But as long as I look like I am strong, that's what's important!

I agree to a point, but this is one of the things that put me in my funk; gaining no strength and basically going backwards on all lifts.

bodyhard
01-14-2010, 11:24 AM
First - I am not a bodybuilder! I am athletic, strong, healthy, and a runnin' mutherfucker, but my physique is not aesthetically pleasing and I am aware of this now more than ever.

Second - I have failed miserably at many things in life and I'm going to have to live with them and accept them or I will become an alcoholic and end up dead sooner than later.

Third - I enjoy weight training and nutrition partitioning, but sometimes it becomes a grind. I have to find a way to enjoy my training and eating without becoming obsessive and compulsive about it.

I apologize in advance if this entry in my journal seems too personal and pathetic to anyone, but sometimes it's good to write out thoughts.

Matt, I don't want to turn back the time on your journal, but this had me thinking.

First Stop with the bullshit about saying you are not a bodybuilder because your physique is not aesthetically pleasing, what kind of bullshit is that? Do you see how many bodybuilders get critique because their builds are not aesthetically pleasing? You train with what God has given you and you make the best of what you got, PERIOD.

The grass is always greener on the other side man, I can point out quite a few you look better than and vice verse, so what? Keep it fucking moving.

Second We have all made mistakes in the past and some in the present. You learn by them and you try no to repeat. You don't burry them but use them as a learning tool to remind you what NOT to do. I have a gang tat between my pointer and thumb, I never remove it as it is a constant reminder of the shit I should stay the fuck away from.

Third If this were easy there would be a hell-of-allot of pretty built people walking this earth.

I will be the first to tell ya, this is a pathetic post, because you are better than that man, we all feel down from time to time - Keep your head up Matt, after all you are just fucking human.

Down4whatever
01-14-2010, 12:14 PM
Matt, I don't want to turn back the time on your journal, but this had me thinking.

First Stop with the bullshit about saying you are not a bodybuilder because your physique is not aesthetically pleasing, what kind of bullshit is that? Do you see how many bodybuilders get critique because their builds are not aesthetically pleasing? You train with what God has given you and you make the best of what you got, PERIOD.

The grass is always greener on the other side man, I can point out quite a few you look better than and vice verse, so what? Keep it fucking moving.

Second We have all made mistakes in the past and some in the present. You learn by them and you try no to repeat. You don't burry them but use them as a learning tool to remind you what NOT to do. I have a gang tat between my pointer and thumb, I never remove it as it is a constant reminder of the shit I should stay the fuck away from.

Third If this were easy there would be a hell-of-allot of pretty built people walking this earth.

I will be the first to tell ya, this is a pathetic post, because you are better than that man, we all feel down from time to time - Keep your head up Matt, after all you are just fucking human.

Thanks for the truthfulness, John. We'll talk more about these things at the Arnold if you have some down time. I just don't think I got my point across properly....seems like people are taking this post like I'm feeling sorry for myself. It's quite the opposite actually. I use this journal sometimes because I have NOBODY in my life to talk to that understands me.......again, we'll chat.

Baldiewonkanobi
01-14-2010, 12:21 PM
Matt, low test had me all screwed up. Low libido, moody, angry, low energy, poor sleep, prostate the size of Oklahoma, and rapidly losing my strength and gaining adipose fat. Botta Bing. I got my blood tested (both T and E) and I was low test and high estrogen. Now....heh heh. I have re discovered my inner A hole and pole vault outta bed each morning right to the power rack. Hide your ladies....Baldie is in town.

Baldie

bodyhard
01-14-2010, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the truthfulness, John. We'll talk more about these things at the Arnold if you have some down time. I just don't think I got my point across properly....seems like people are taking this post like I'm feeling sorry for myself. It's quite the opposite actually. I use this journal sometimes because I have NOBODY in my life to talk to that understands me.......again, we'll chat.

Dude seriously if you need to hit someone up give me a fucking call, sometimes just talking shit with a third party does a lot. I call DBX a lot of fucking times when I am feeling like I want to kill somebody.

Truth is one time I thought I did killed a man and I called DBX and he gave me the best advise ever. I will PM you my number man, keep it with you and hit me up if you just want to break the fucking monotony

Baldiewonkanobi
01-14-2010, 12:24 PM
John...you are a superdude.

Baldie

gman
01-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Matt, low test had me all screwed up. Low libido, moody, angry, low energy, poor sleep, prostate the size of Oklahoma, and rapidly losing my strength and gaining adipose fat. Botta Bing. I got my blood tested (both T and E) and I was low test and high estrogen. Now....heh heh. I have re discovered my inner A hole and pole vault outta bed each morning right to the power rack. Hide your ladies....Baldie is in town.

Baldie

it hasn't quite had that effect for me Baldie, but it has helped some

Down4whatever
01-14-2010, 12:46 PM
Dude seriously if you need to hit someone up give me a fucking call, sometimes just talking shit with a third party does a lot. I call DBX a lot of fucking times when I am feeling like I want to kill somebody.

Truth is one time I thought I did killed a man and I called DBX and he gave me the best advise ever. I will PM you my number man, keep it with you and hit me up if you just want to break the fucking monotony

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I'm feeling better now. A coworker was telling me that alcohol will accentuate whatever emotion you're going through, so trashing the alcohol has helped tremendously.

John...you are a superdude.

Baldie

Agreed 100%

Maybe a higher dose? How does one approach a physician about this? I don't even have a physician, so I will be cold-calling :eek:

Capt_lou
01-14-2010, 12:48 PM

John and me have talked a bit about not even going to the Arnold on Saturday and just bumming around C-Bus. It is way too crowded to even attempt to do anything there. You and anyone else is more than welcome to join us.

Down4whatever
01-14-2010, 12:57 PM

Baldie

I've been giving this alot of thought lately. Hell, I bulked for 5 months and gained nothing and that was with using ZEUS! I'd love to get that fire back--although this morning, I could feel a little bit of the excitement coming back.

John and me have talked a bit about not even going to the Arnold on Saturday and just bumming around C-Bus. It is way too crowded to even attempt to do anything there. You and anyone else is more than welcome to join us.

Sounds good man!

Down4whatever
01-14-2010, 03:17 PM
Ok, 7 weeks out, weighed it at 191.6 this morning. Goal weight was originally projected at 176. Trying to decide if I should order another bottle of fat burners from Chris Aceto......anyone believe fat burners are worth a shit?

https://secure.procardnutrition.com/nordlabel.html

bodyhard
01-14-2010, 03:31 PM
Thanks man, I appreciate it. I'm feeling better now. A coworker was telling me that alcohol will accentuate whatever emotion you're going through, so trashing the alcohol has helped tremendously.

Offer still stands amigo. Remember though, a drunken heart speaks a sober mind.

gman
01-14-2010, 03:43 PM
Ok, 7 weeks out, weighed it at 191.6 this morning. Goal weight was originally projected at 176. Trying to decide if I should order another bottle of fat burners from Chris Aceto......anyone believe fat burners are worth a shit?

https://secure.procardnutrition.com/nordlabel.html

the race is on dude...I need to be 175 and I am 194....19 vs 17

let's get it on.

I am taking cellucor d4 extreme and all it's doing is makin me hungry, so my answer is no...they are a waste. I got mine free from the promotion on the other site. I have gained weight since I started on them on Monday!

Down4whatever
01-14-2010, 04:43 PM
Damn, too late, I just ordered......I bought Chris's Daily Tripak at the heavily discounted price of $67.95

Down4whatever
01-14-2010, 07:03 PM
This shit really fires me up! Courtesy of Brett Freeman and "Frankdaddy" from bodybuilding.com

cICgezxWaPQ

Baldiewonkanobi
01-14-2010, 07:13 PM

Estroidols are high I bet. Gaspari Novadex XT works well along with HRT. When I added in the XT my free Test went up 50% the next time I drew blood. Real Nov (Tamoxafin) and Dex (Arimidex) work in somewhat similar pathways and are also effective in raising free Test as the block Estrogen. XT is over the counter.

Baldie

Baldiewonkanobi
01-14-2010, 07:15 PM
Oh oh oh....when Estroidols are high fat is harder to shed.

Baldie

gman
01-14-2010, 08:00 PM
my estradiol tested 23..perfect! lol

Down4whatever
01-15-2010, 08:52 AM
All day yesterday I was feeling some discomfort in my right achilles tendon, but I figured it was the new work shoes trying to break my feet in. I went for my evening 6.2 mile cardio last night and the bottom fell out. I ran about 3.5 miles and had to shut it down and walk the rest of the way......then after about a mile of walking, I had to shut it down too as I limped back to the house.

I don't know exactly what the deal is, but there is a small lump that I can feel right in the center of the tendon. I hope it's just a strain or something. I was unable to do my morning cardio this morning and it sucks! I may take some motrin tonight and attempt it again......

Anyone deal with achilles issues before?

By the way, jumped on the scale to continue finding my new base line and I was down another LB. So, Wed - 192.8, Thurs - 191.6, Fri - 190.6. It's strange that they were almost exactly a LB every day :confused: Oh well, so I assume my new baseline is around 191.5--taking an average.

Can someone make me understand this phenomenon? Is my body just dropping water because of the carb decrease? or is there something else to it?

freebirdmac
01-15-2010, 09:00 AM
Yep, you're shedding water. Dunno about the tendon. You may need to see a doc for that :(

Capt_lou
01-15-2010, 09:44 AM
Morning Matt, I would go see a doctor if it does not clear up in a couple days. Sounds like a bad case of tendonitits.

gman
01-15-2010, 10:06 AM
you may actually lose fat faster without the cardio...take it easy for a few days! You have the body type that may not need much cardio.

I hate how you lost so fast....I am up a lb still since Tuesday...and only down 1.8 lbs this whole month.

Down4whatever
01-15-2010, 10:21 AM
Yep, you're shedding water. Dunno about the tendon. You may need to see a doc for that :(

Morning Matt, I would go see a doctor if it does not clear up in a couple days. Sounds like a bad case of tendonitits.

Yuck, I hate going to the DR. :hypno:

you may actually lose fat faster without the cardio...take it easy for a few days! You have the body type that may not need much cardio.

I hate how you lost so fast....I am up a lb still since Tuesday...and only down 1.8 lbs this whole month.

Mike, it's just water bud.....it's impossible to lose fat at a rate of 1lb per day......ya big goof-ball :D

Baldiewonkanobi
01-15-2010, 10:23 AM
Me. Yeah Baldie of all non running people, has had that bump. I ran...no...walked to my Ortho Doc who said it was a precusur to a rupture and to STOP doing incline tread mill (which I was doing at the time) for 2-3 weeks. I did zero cardio...actualy have been doing zero since. It went away in 2 weeks.

Baldie

gman
01-15-2010, 12:01 PM
Yuck, I hate going to the DR. :hypno:

Mike, it's just water bud.....it's impossible to lose fat at a rate of 1lb per day......ya big goof-ball :D

Yeah, I guess so Matt. I lost all my water weight so long ago...1 lb every 2 weeks is a good day for me now

perfect for cutting to the NPC show in august, but not so good for the Arnold!

Down4whatever
01-16-2010, 09:29 AM
Achilles tendon is still hurting pretty badly......off to find an alternative form of cardio........

blu2xtreme
01-16-2010, 09:30 AM
Good morning Matt:hmn:
Have a great day!!

Baldiewonkanobi
01-16-2010, 10:43 AM
[quote=Down4whatever;811634]Achilles tendon is still hurting pretty badly......off to find an alternate form of cardio quote]

Cruise the singles bars and get a fast feeding mattress...two ups for every down.

Baldie

gman
01-16-2010, 12:16 PM
Achilles tendon is still hurting pretty badly......off to find an alternative form of cardio........

the really old people at the Y use the bike you pedal with your hands, might look funny for a young guy to be on it

how about a rowing machine

Down4whatever
01-16-2010, 01:22 PM
Messin around with rack deads

003-12.flv video by bustasinclair - Photobucket

Baldiewonkanobi
01-16-2010, 01:52 PM
Whoa...is that cotton in your ears to prevent blood from spurting on the floor? WTG young feller.

Is that a metal belt?

Baldie

Down4whatever
01-16-2010, 03:27 PM
Whoa...is that cotton in your ears to prevent blood from spurting on the floor? WTG young feller.

Is that a metal belt?

Baldie

Haha, nah, just music headphones in my ear. That's just a standard issue Nike belt....it does look metal.

Here's my last set of 16" box squats 275X8. We need a lower box.....

001-21.flv video by bustasinclair - Photobucket

bodyhard
01-16-2010, 05:03 PM
OK I am loving this fucking journal now, fucking awesome with the videos!

Down4whatever
01-19-2010, 09:18 AM
OK I am loving this fucking journal now, fucking awesome with the videos!

Thanks John, I'll try to get more.

Achilles is better; ran 14 miles yesterday to try and make up for 4 days with limited cardio, lol. Prob not a good idea since the first 10 miles were done with only 350 calories in me. I usually reserve those long runs for days after nasty cheats.

Gym time 5:40 this morning:

Close Stance Smith Squats
95x8wu
135x8wu
175x8 **ass to heels
195x8
225x8

Stiff Legged DL
135x6wu
175x8 **pause for 2 count at bottom; yeoch!!
190x8
205x8

HS Wide Chest
135x10 **weight is per side
160x8
170x8

HS Low Rows
145x10
155x10

HS Shoulder Press
60x15 **weight is per side
70x8
80x8

DB Pullovers
70x10
75x10

Ran out of time. We really have got to start pushing the envelope as we're not making any time for calves, biceps, triceps, traps. I may start hitting those once per week at home; maybe Sunday.

Not gonna weigh myself anymore until last two weeks. I'm really not very motivated; guess I need to work on that. I'm just too damn skinny (fat) right now to be enjoying dieting; need at least 15lbs more muscle mass. Oh well, it is what it is........

buckimscl
01-19-2010, 09:18 AM
Looks good Matt. Nice video's.

gman
01-19-2010, 09:20 AM
good going Matt, I could no more run 14 miles than fly to the moon. None of us are going to look like Dorian Yates!...just give it all you got and bring it to Columbus!

Capt_lou
01-19-2010, 09:53 AM
Great workout Matt.

I know what you are saying about not liking what you see, if you do then I feel that you never work to make yourself better. Take a year and really hammer those weak areas, I did that all last year and my chest and legs have really come up to where I am comfortable, with thinking of competing.

bodyhard
01-19-2010, 10:14 AM
Close Stance Smith Squats
95x8wu
135x8wu
175x8 **ass to heels
195x8
225x8

Stiff Legged DL
135x6wu
175x8 **pause for 2 count at bottom; yeoch!!
190x8
205x8

HS Wide Chest
160x8
170x8

HS Low Rows
145x10
155x10

HS Shoulder Press
60x15 **weight is per side
70x8
80x8

DB Pullovers
70x10
75x10

OK so this workout, correct me if I am wrong, is, QUADS, HAMS, CHEST, BACK and SHOULDERS?

That is way too many bodyparts in one single workout.

Why are you doing this? Is there some explanation earlier on in your journal that I miss? I am seriously not understanding this kind of a workout.

gman
01-19-2010, 10:17 AM
I think Matt has said he is trying to make it fun again, so full body might accomplish this.

Down4whatever
01-19-2010, 10:21 AM
Looks good Matt. Nice video's.

Thanks Bucki! 6 weeks to go!

good going Matt, I could no more run 14 miles than fly to the moon. None of us are going to look like Dorian Yates!...just give it all you got and bring it to Columbus!

Pffft, you could if you wanted to, but I don't know many people who would want to run that much :D

I'll bring my best! Still would feel better knowing the protocal of this event.....time, place......we just gonna stand out in front of the booth looking like geeks?

Great workout Matt.

I know what you are saying about not liking what you see, if you do then I feel that you never work to make yourself better. Take a year and really hammer those weak areas, I did that all last year and my chest and legs have really come up to where I am comfortable, with thinking of competing.

Yeah, I know Tom, but I have some serious lags that actually make me look pretty stupid in a posing suit. I plan to spend more than a year before full competition unless I can get a good trainer and put on some serious mass...

OK so this workout, correct me if I am wrong, is, QUADS, HAMS, CHEST, BACK and SHOULDERS?

That is way too many bodyparts in one single workout.

Why are you doing this? Is there some explanation earlier on in your journal that I miss? I am seriously not understanding this kind of a workout.

Yeah, I moved to a full body 3x week. We just ran out of time today before we could squeeze arms in. I think this will work good for the rest of the cut. I've been on it for 3 weeks now.

bodyhard
01-19-2010, 10:21 AM
I think Matt has said he is trying to make it fun again, so full body might accomplish this.

Matt is this it?

Never mind just saw your reply!

Down4whatever
01-19-2010, 10:23 AM
Matt is this it?

Never mind just saw your reply!

Do you think it would be better if I did one exercise per bodypart instead of trying to squeeze in two?

Bob45
01-19-2010, 10:23 AM
Great videos!

bodyhard
01-19-2010, 10:30 AM
Do you think it would be better if I did one exercise per bodypart instead of trying to squeeze in two?

IMO, if you are going to do a full body workout, then hit the granddaddy of each major body part as a whole. In other words don't split up the quads and the hams (squats will hit both if you go down deep enough) and leave out the biceps and the triceps as they get hit when you do back (biceps) and Chest/shoulders (triceps).

When you go back to your traditional split you can add those in to target them directly.

Down4whatever
01-19-2010, 10:53 AM
Great videos!

Hey thanks Bob, my back is still sore from that stupid rack dead set.

IMO, if you are going to do a full body workout, then hit the granddaddy of each major body part as a whole. In other words don't split up the quads and the hams (squats will hit both if you go down deep enough) and leave out the biceps and the triceps as they get hit when you do back (biceps) and Chest/shoulders (triceps).

When you go back to your traditional split you can add those in to target them directly.

OK, sounds good, since I consider legs my biggest lag group, I want to stick to 2 exercises for legs and vary it up......usually do heavy squats on Saturday (didn't go heavy this week due to the achilles issue), heavy lunges on Thursday, and some different variation of a squat on Tuesday.

gman
01-19-2010, 11:06 AM
matt I think we just are going to parade around the exhibition hall in our posing trunks, and whoever doesn't quit after being laughed at is the winner

Down4whatever
01-19-2010, 11:12 AM
matt I think we just are going to parade around the exhibition hall in our posing trunks, and whoever doesn't quit after being laughed at is the winner

:no:

Seriously, aren't you curious?

Down4whatever
01-20-2010, 09:06 AM
:no:

Seriously, aren't you curious?

Guess not............

OK, so I lied, I jumped on the stupid scale this morning to see if I've made any progress since this is official weigh day for me. 187.7 was the reading; almost back to where I was December 24th, lol.

I just realized that I'm really the only one in this contest winging it alone. Mike has a parade of help, Bucki has FB, ABP has competed before, and FBG has a coach...........I need sponsorship!

Anyway, I'm also wondering about the theme of the contest. Seems we were calling this a 'conditioning' contest, but I really don't think it is. Who is doing the judging? Really odd that we're 6 weeks out and nobody seems to care about these items...

Achilles is acting up again........sucks; even hurts worse now than last week. see pic below; can you tell which one is swollen?

AnglicanBeachParty
01-20-2010, 09:46 AM
Anyway, I'm also wondering about the theme of the contest. Seems we were calling this a 'conditioning' contest, but I really don't think it is. Who is doing the judging? Really odd that we're 6 weeks out and nobody seems to care about these items...

I care, but I'm just assuming that everything is remaining the same as previously stated: Two parts to the contest (Most Improved and Best Conditioning), to be judged by Dave Palumbo and John Romano (pretty sure I read that in one of the threads).

Anyway, I think it'll be a lot of fun. Glad it's on Friday rather than Saturday, given how the Expo is on Saturday. You couldn't even get over to the Species booth without half of your tan getting rubbed off.

Down4whatever
01-20-2010, 10:07 AM
I care, but I'm just assuming that everything is remaining the same as previously stated: Two parts to the contest (Most Improved and Best Conditioning), to be judged by Dave Palumbo and John Romano (pretty sure I read that in one of the threads).

Anyway, I think it'll be a lot of fun. Glad it's on Friday rather than Saturday, given how the Expo is on Saturday. You couldn't even get over to the Species booth without half of your tan getting rubbed off.

Ahh, I thought we were still looking for a judge. Information is kinda scattered; guess that's why I'm a bit apprehensive. Yeah, it ought to be a blast!!

buckimscl
01-20-2010, 10:31 AM
Matt, John and Dave will be the judges. I have the assurance from Dave himself.

Baldiewonkanobi
01-20-2010, 02:59 PM
50/50 I will see Dave this Saturday. I'll ask him about the gig.

Baldie

bodyhard
01-20-2010, 05:12 PM
Will there be mandatory poses?

gman
01-20-2010, 05:24 PM
Will there be mandatory poses?

I sure as hell hope not.

I am having a hard enough time dieting...can't even think of posing right now!

bodyhard
01-20-2010, 05:31 PM
I sure as hell hope not.

I am having a hard enough time dieting...can't even think of posing right now!

So you guys are just going to "strut" around in posing trunks for the fuck of it? Man that would be disgustingly sick. There better be some kind of fucking posing or I will be landing in jail at Columbus for punching each and everyone of you motherfuckers that are just parading in posing trunks!

Down4whatever
01-20-2010, 05:47 PM
New development:

Hope someone can shed some light on this. Whenever I grab my achilles tendon on my right foot and move my foot up and down, the tendon feels like a rope tightening......almost makes like a rubbing sound. I can feel it in my ankle; kind of like a vibration. I don't have a physician, so going to see one could have me waiting in line for days. Looks like all leg training is suspended for now....shit hurts like hell!!!!!!

gman
01-20-2010, 05:51 PM
PM Joe

gman
01-20-2010, 05:52 PM
So you guys are just going to "strut" around in posing trunks for the fuck of it? Man that would be disgustingly sick. There better be some kind of fucking posing or I will be landing in jail at Columbus for punching each and everyone of you motherfuckers that are just parading in posing trunks!

I think we pose, but I sure as hell ain't gonna hit em correctly

bodyhard
01-20-2010, 05:55 PM
I think we pose, but I sure as hell ain't gonna hit em correctly

I think you will do fine Mike, we will be rooting you on!

gman
01-20-2010, 06:02 PM
I know...it's easier to hit poses when you have low fat too...you pretty much look decent even if slightly off on the pose.

gman
01-20-2010, 06:10 PM
I envision the judges and spectators maybe even helping us to correct our poses a little bit. I am not sure if they will, but I think it would be cool for that to be the case. It's not like we are out for blood!

Down4whatever
01-21-2010, 09:28 AM
Song of the day:

YouTube- Coolio - I'll C U When U Get There

blu2xtreme
01-21-2010, 09:35 AM
Good Morning Matt Have a great day:hmn:

buckimscl
01-21-2010, 09:36 AM
So you guys are just going to "strut" around in posing trunks for the fuck of it?

That was my plan bro. LMFAO!! This is a contest????

buckimscl
01-21-2010, 09:37 AM
Checking in Matt. Hope the AT starts feeling better.

Capt_lou
01-21-2010, 09:41 AM
Morning Matt,

I say you really need to get to a Dr. No matter how long you wait, you don't want to be out for any longer than you have to.

gman
01-21-2010, 10:25 AM

I think we all should just walk around in the trunks the whole day

Down4whatever
01-21-2010, 10:26 AM
Good Morning Matt Have a great day:hmn:

Thanks Paula, you too!!

We could audition for a Queen video if we did that....

Thanks man; aggravated it again doing heavy lunges this morning, bleh!

Morning Matt,

I say you really need to get to a Dr. No matter how long you wait, you don't want to be out for any longer than you have to.

I posted in Joe's injury Q&A thread and he basically confirmed what I and you thought--tendonitis. I'm gonna ice it and nurse it for a week and see if I can get it to heal up. Guess cardio is gonna have to be creative :hypno:

bodyhard
01-21-2010, 12:16 PM

I think we all should just walk around in the trunks the whole day

Ahh so you guys are pressing me? OK just be forewarned, I am not responsible for my actions. Ummmm wait that shit sounded mad gay, No Homo??? :D

bodyhard
01-21-2010, 12:20 PM
Song of the day:

YouTube- Coolio - I'll C U When U Get There (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP1PXRiVoJw)

Yo Matt you are into Rap? You just don't seem like the type man, serious.

buckimscl
01-21-2010, 12:25 PM
Ahh so you guys are pressing me? OK just be forewarned, I am not responsible for my actions. Ummmm wait that shit sounded mad gay, No Homo??? :D
I was starting to wonder until I got to the end and the NH disclaimer....LMFAO:D

gman
01-21-2010, 12:30 PM

I just want to do it so chicks will come up and put their hands all over me, John

blu2xtreme
01-21-2010, 12:33 PM
I just want to do it so chicks will come up and put their hands all over me, John

You couldn't handle it :p

I could make sure at 3 girls have their hands all over you;)

Down4whatever
01-21-2010, 12:33 PM

LOL

Yo Matt you are into Rap? You just don't seem like the type man, serious.

I like all types of music, rap is one of my smaller genres. What makes a person a rap-type person?

Down4whatever
01-21-2010, 12:34 PM

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

gman
01-21-2010, 12:35 PM
You couldn't handle it :p

probably not, those trunks are pretty small, wouldn't want to get too excited

buckimscl
01-21-2010, 12:36 PM
I like all types of music, rap is one of my smaller genres. What makes a person a rap-type person?

I love it when I see white kids totally embracing it. These whitebread suburban kids who couldn't find the hood with a GPS dressing all gangsta....lmfao!!!! Hey, it takes all types.

blu2xtreme
01-21-2010, 12:39 PM
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

probably not, those trunks are pretty small, wouldn't want to get too excited

Ok ...we will concentrate on Matt then:drool::drool:

gman
I always wondered why white kids like black music, but not the other way around.

Just one of life's mysteries

gman
Ok ...we will concentrate on Matt then:drool::drool:

he hasn't even said he has posing trunks yet

bodyhard
01-21-2010, 12:48 PM

Honestly Matt I don't wanna go there, but you just don't seem like the type. You know I love rap, grew up with it, part of it, lived it and still am a big part of it, but I think you know what I mean when I say you don't seem like the type to enjoy rap.

But the truth is, I like the fact that you can at the very least appreciate some of it.

gman
01-21-2010, 12:53 PM
honestly, hate that shit so much, but at least I admit it.

bodyhard
01-21-2010, 01:06 PM

LMFAO!! Now there is an honest man!

I once took a ride with a boss of mine (preppy whiteboy) his name was Mark Scarpa, he had this fucking awful music on the whole fucking ride, and we were driving for 2 damn hours!

Shit I never thought music could affect me in such a bad way, I had a headache my palms were sweating, my stomach was turning it was fucking horrible.

A few years later he had to laid me off, the company went under. I never forgot that day in the car. He knew a lot about me and heard of my reputation of fighting and being in gangs and he was rather intrigued by me, he even asked me to take him to the hood one day an dI did.

But these were the days of the DOT com companies and he didn't care he just wanted to make money, which he did and a lot of it!

So I went into his office, we were alone, I asked him "Who's idea was it to let me go you or Lou (Lou was the other partner and a really close friend of mine ) He said why? I said "so I know who to fucking kill today before I leave this building"

The look on his face was priceless and well worth all I went through that horrible day in the car!

Ohh forgot to mentioned he yelled out IT WAS LOU!! :D :D

Down4whatever
01-21-2010, 01:17 PM
he hasn't even said he has posing trunks yet

Need to get those ordered.....

Honestly Matt I don't wanna go there, but you just don't seem like the type. You know I love rap, grew up with it, part of it, lived it and still am a big part of it, but I think you know what I mean when I say you don't seem like the type to enjoy rap.

But the truth is, I like the fact that you can at the very least appreciate some of it.

I imagine you see me as a big white geek, lol

Bob45
01-21-2010, 01:28 PM

My daughter had some rap christmas music this year. In the song they were fucking under the mistletoe. I don't mind Rap if they don't repeat through the entire song. There was a hilarious movie on like a month ago. The lyrics in the rap song were suck this dick while I fuck that ass. Didn't make sense but funny.

bodyhard
01-21-2010, 02:16 PM
I imagine you see me as a big white geek, lol

LOL No comment, but like I told Kevin about you, you are one of the realist whiteboys I have met!

Down4whatever
01-22-2010, 09:21 AM
LOL No comment, but like I told Kevin about you, you are one of the realist whiteboys I have met!

Much appreciated, John. I do consider myself a real person; not a fan of being fake.

Still no cardio; tonight I'm thinking about going to the gym and doing some rowing or the stationary bike if it doesn't hurt the achilles too bad.

I jumped on the scale this morning for the fuck of it and it read 186.8, so even though no cardio since Tues, I'm doing ok. I took a few shots this morning in my jeans--playin around with lighting a bit too. They definately revealed that I got alot of blubber in the lower abs to get rid of......bleh. 6 weeks officially today!!

blu2xtreme
01-22-2010, 09:37 AM
From a girls point of view :drool::drool:
as you know ...I don't know much else:p

gman
01-22-2010, 09:44 AM
Matt I think you are a few lbs ahead of me on the ab dept...the back bacon is going to be a bitch to get rid of. I can see you have the same problem as I do in that area!

gman
01-22-2010, 09:45 AM
looks like Matt changed jeans during the photo shoot....didn't know you were a model! lol

must be the lighting

Down4whatever
01-22-2010, 10:11 AM
From a girls point of view :drool::drool:
as you know ...I don't know much else:p

lol, thanks Paula.

Matt I think you are a few lbs ahead of me on the ab dept...the back bacon is going to be a bitch to get rid of. I can see you have the same problem as I do in that area!

Oh yeah, I will always have the back fat. I may have a few lbs on you in the ab dept., but you have me nailed on symmetry and ARMS.....fuck I hate my arms :mad:

looks like Matt changed jeans during the photo shoot....didn't know you were a model! lol

must be the lighting

LOL, this is the only pair on jeans I have that fit. I have a pair of 33" waist that have been ruined by bleach.

gman
01-22-2010, 10:19 AM
I am an honest 34 pant size now...not "loose fit", which is a euphemism for the next size up

bodyhard
01-22-2010, 12:58 PM
Much appreciated, John. I do consider myself a real person; not a fan of being fake.

Still no cardio; tonight I'm thinking about going to the gym and doing some rowing or the stationary bike if it doesn't hurt the achilles too bad.

I jumped on the scale this morning for the fuck of it and it read 186.8, so even though no cardio since Tues, I'm doing ok. I took a few shots this morning in my jeans--playin around with lighting a bit too. They definately revealed that I got alot of blubber in the lower abs to get rid of......bleh. 6 weeks officially today!!

Enough with the fat talk, that is a given, we know this, you know this and you are doing a good job losing it. But lets start talking about your build, I see it coming along nicely with one exception, your traps are lagging miserably. Are you doing any direct trap work or relying on deads alone? If you are then you need to change it up a bit, from the front you seem to have zero traps.

Down4whatever
01-22-2010, 01:13 PM
Enough with the fat talk, that is a given, we know this, you know this and you are doing a good job losing it. But lets start talking about your build, I see it coming along nicely with one exception, your traps are lagging miserably. Are you doing any direct trap work or relying on deads alone? If you are then you need to change it up a bit, from the front you seem to have zero traps.

Yeah, never had big traps, it's on the 'list' of lag bodyparts. Now you see why I said I'm no bodybuilder back a few pages. Give me 2 years to build this fucker!

Doubt I can add much if any while calories are so low, but I usually do traps once per week. Those pics are cold, I can make the traps pop with a nice little pump, but nothing like I know I need.

bodyhard
01-22-2010, 01:19 PM
Yeah, never had big traps, it's on the 'list' of lag bodyparts. Now you see why I said I'm no bodybuilder back a few pages. Give me 2 years to build this fucker!

Doubt I can add much if any while calories are so low, but I usually do traps once per week. Those pics are cold, I can make the traps pop with a nice little pump, but nothing like I know I need.

2 years? Hell no Matt, the trap is a very small muscle, you don't have to do more, just attack it directly with 100% intensity.

Also bodybuilding is like sculpting man, you get the foundation, then you start adding the bits and pieces to get the acquired look.

joedemarco
01-22-2010, 01:29 PM
How's the achilles feeling today, Matt?

gman
01-22-2010, 02:39 PM
this is for you matt

YouTube- Everyday Normal Guy 2

Down4whatever
01-22-2010, 02:51 PM
2 years? Hell no Matt, the trap is a very small muscle, you don't have to do more, just attack it directly with 100% intensity.

Also bodybuilding is like sculpting man, you get the foundation, then you start adding the bits and pieces to get the acquired look.

As soon as bulk starts, I will look to you for my program if you're game.

How's the achilles feeling today, Matt?

It's definately better......until earlier when I jumped off a chair in my office playing air guitar to an 80's hit, lol. We try and have fun at work :D

Hoping to be able to do some light jogging by Sunday!

this is for you matt

YouTube- Everyday Normal Guy 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmG4X9PGOXs)

I love Jon LaJoie!! He has some funny shit!

Capt_lou
01-22-2010, 02:58 PM
Hey Matt,

couple things, as John said the traps are lagging a bit, hit them hard, mine sucked till I held them in the up oistion for 1 second then got a stretch at the bottom. Your arms look different due to the way you are clasping your hands. Mine do the same thing, do they measure the same? One more thing since I am being honest, LATS, LATS LATS lol. Also this 2 year bullshit, you can add so much mass in a year it is not fucking funny. You now know what you are dealing with under the fat, so bulk the fuck up lol.

gman
01-22-2010, 03:03 PM
bulk after March 5th, no need to rush! lol

bodyhard
01-22-2010, 03:14 PM
As soon as bulk starts, I will look to you for my program if you're game.

Dude that is like asking me if I am ready to breath! Whenever you are ready.

Down4whatever
01-22-2010, 03:26 PM
Hey Matt,

couple things, as John said the traps are lagging a bit, hit them hard, mine sucked till I held them in the up oistion for 1 second then got a stretch at the bottom. Your arms look different due to the way you are clasping your hands. Mine do the same thing, do they measure the same? One more thing since I am being honest, LATS, LATS LATS lol. Also this 2 year bullshit, you can add so much mass in a year it is not fucking funny. You now know what you are dealing with under the fat, so bulk the fuck up lol.

Cool, thanks man! Those pics were not intended to be progress pics, I really intended them to be abs shots. I'll post some Lat shots and Traps shots this weekend.

bulk after March 5th, no need to rush! lol

So tempted to dump this cut......:hypno:

Dude that is like asking me if I am ready to breath! Whenever you are ready.

Excellent!

My WO partner and I are thinking of attempting a Powerlifting meet in August if I can get my total to 1,200--300 bench; 400 Squat; 500 DL. That's probably why I said 2 years, I want to do both PL'ing and BB'ing, so progress might be slow.

bodyhard
01-22-2010, 04:26 PM
I have a friend of mine who looks just like Jon lajoie, we fuck with him all the time.

Check him out you can't miss him lol

Down4whatever
01-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Cardio Sunday

That's what it's pretty much been since November 8th. I did do a 4.5 miler on Friday to feel out the achilles, and it was so-so. Yesterday at the gym I did 15 mins of rowing......ouch on the lower back after doing some light deads. :hypno: Then I walked on the treadmill at 4.6mph and 3.0 incline for 50 minutes.

Today, I screwed up again and didn't carb up enough for the long haul. I did a slowwwww 11 miles and it went something like this:

Mile 1 - 9:13
2 - 8:53
3 - 9:06
4 - 11:37 walked the majority
5 - 9:52
6 - 9:22
7 - 10:26
8 - 9:53
9 - 9:25
10 - 9:47
11 - 10:05

My Garmin says I burned 1,219 calories, but I know better :(

I was actually more comfortable jogging instead of walking.....I guess it put less strain on the achilles to jog. Overall, it feels sore, but it's not too bad; I think it's getting better.

Ready for some football now!!!

Bob45
01-24-2010, 05:08 PM
11 miles! Wow.

Baldiewonkanobi
01-24-2010, 05:56 PM
Big deal. I walked at least 12 miles last year alone....:p

Baldie

Bob45
01-24-2010, 07:35 PM
I missed those pics. The abs are going to look great as you lean out.

bodyhard
01-24-2010, 08:26 PM
big deal. I walked at least 12 miles last year alone....:p

baldie

lol

gman
01-27-2010, 10:04 PM
earth to Matt, are you there?

Miss you buddy.

blu2xtreme
01-27-2010, 10:14 PM
He didn't go missing again did he :confused:
I am going to beat that boy when I finally meet him :yep:

gman
01-27-2010, 10:16 PM
He didn't go missing again did he :confused:
I am going to beat that boy when I finally meet him :yep:

Is that a promise? :hypno:

blu2xtreme
01-27-2010, 10:18 PM
Is that a promise? :hypno:

Hell yes ...if he promises to enjoy it;)

buckimscl
01-27-2010, 10:23 PM
Hmmm, I think Matt went MIA again. Hope he is okay.

Baldiewonkanobi
01-28-2010, 05:34 AM
Had him paged in all the usual dives in the Brookside District and no answer. Checked the police blotter...nothing. :confused:

Baldie

freebirdmac
01-28-2010, 08:12 AM
Maybe he went out for a run and just didn't stop. May show up at Mike's doorstep :p

blu2xtreme
01-28-2010, 08:34 AM
Maybe he went out for a run and just didn't stop. May show up at Mike's doorstep :p

I have days like that ... But to lazy to runaway
I would use a car:)

hey Matt I will have my own place soon if you need to escape a while

Down4whatever
01-28-2010, 09:01 AM
Kids, kids, I'm doing fine, just taking a page from BDD's book of sneaking up on the competition, lol. Nah, just training and working.......nothing really exciting to report.

I did order my Banana hammock, and should be arriving soon....yikes, I bought bright yellow! :yep: :hypno: Nervous about it because I ordered regular size which is (30-31); hope I'll be small enough to fit :eek: ....need to order some extenze now, lol. I was not blessed by my father.....that's why I was blessed with a good tongue :p

Down4whatever
01-28-2010, 09:02 AM
I have days like that ... But to lazy to runaway
I would use a car:)

hey Matt I will have my own place soon if you need to escape a while

Wow, where are you moving to? Same state? When?

gman
01-28-2010, 09:24 AM
Kids, kids, I'm doing fine, just taking a page from BDD's book of sneaking up on the competition, lol. Nah, just training and working.......nothing really exciting to report.

I did order my Banana hammock, and should be arriving soon....yikes, I bought bright yellow! :yep: :hypno: Nervous about it because I ordered regular size which is (30-31); hope I'll be small enough to fit :eek: ....need to order some extenze now, lol. I was not blessed by my father.....that's why I was blessed with a good tongue :p

you must be my brother :p

Down4whatever
01-28-2010, 09:26 AM
Emergency declared, winter storm crawls into Oklahoma

By Staff and Wire Reports
Published: 1/28/2010 6:59 AM
Last Modified: 1/28/2010 8:18 AM

OKLAHOMA CITY — A powerful storm expected to bury Oklahoma and the southern Plains in heavy snow and ice began moving into the region early Thursday, greeting commuters with a sloppy mix of sleet and rain.
Dozens of schools statewide were closed, from Lawton in the southwest to Oklahoma City and Tulsa. Oklahoma State University and several other colleges canceled afternoon classes.
Several flights were canceled at Will Rogers World Airport in Oklahoma City and Tulsa International Airport.
The National Weather Service expected up to 12 inches of snow in western and northern Oklahoma, while ice storms and widespread power outages were anticipated in areas south of Interstate 44.
Freezing rain and sleet hit the Oklahoma and Texas panhandles early Thursday, and temperatures were expected to drop below freezing as the storm crawled into central Oklahoma, forecasters said.
Gov. Brad Henry declared a statewide emergency on Wednesday for all 77 counties in Oklahoma, providing a formal mechanism for local governments to seek reimbursement for recovery costs. Henry said the anticipated strength of the storm prompted emergency management authorities to ask him for the early declaration.
"Our hope is the storm will not be as severe as many weather models have predicted, but we will be ready to respond to anything," Henry said. "State troopers, National Guard personnel, emergency management officials, road crews and other first responders will all be on call, helping Oklahomans everywhere they can."
The National Weather Service said 8 to 12 inches of snow was possible in northwestern Oklahoma, while rain, freezing rain, sleet and snow was expected elsewhere. Winter storm warnings also covered the Texas Panhandle, where forecasters said between 4 and 8 inches of snow could fall by Thursday evening.
The Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management planned to open an Emergency Operations Center early Thursday to coordinate the state's response to the storm, spokeswoman Michelann Ooten said.
Industrial-size generators and bottled water have been moved to staging sites in Oklahoma City and McAlester to be distributed where they are needed. Hospitals, mass shelters and water systems would be first to use the generators in case of power failures.
An ice storm in 2007 knocked out power to 650,000 utility customers across the state.
The latest storm comes after a Christmas Eve blizzard dumped up to 14 inches of snow on parts of the state. Scores of motorists were stranded on snow-choked roads, and most major highways and the state's largest airport were closed.
Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20100128_11_0_rmrhtw338792&rss_lnk=11

......So sick of this shit

Down4whatever
01-28-2010, 09:27 AM
you must be my brother :p

LOL, maybe........from another mother :D

gman
01-28-2010, 09:31 AM
but we got the same thing from our father....thanks a lot dad.

blu2xtreme
01-28-2010, 09:33 AM
Wow, where are you moving to? Same state? When?
You have been out of it Matt
Same state ...April 1st is the plan right now
I even posted a pic of the place in Bucki's thread a week ago
Time for me to move on and start living again

Baldiewonkanobi
01-28-2010, 10:25 AM

Thats why God invented sweat socks. Rememeber, shove in the FRONT. ;)

Baldie

Down4whatever
01-28-2010, 11:50 AM
Thats why God invented sweat socks. Rememeber, shove in the FRONT. ;)

Baldie

Ok, but nobody better go squeezing it.....:D

Geez, our city is closing down.....no flights, all schools cancelled, all civic events cancelled.....and nothing has even fallen yet. I hear from the news that all grocery stores are jam-packed. People are so weird......give me 6lbs of chicken breast and I'm good for a week!

buckimscl
01-28-2010, 12:25 PM
Glad to see you back Matt and that everything is alright!

Baldiewonkanobi
01-28-2010, 03:19 PM
Closing down for 6" of silly ice? Never seen an ice storm hapening...only the next day...:hypno: Every tree was split in two, power lines down...terrible thing. Good luck..

Baldie

freebirdmac
01-28-2010, 05:17 PM
Ice storms are awful. Hope you don't lose power!

Down4whatever
01-28-2010, 06:29 PM
It's been icing for the better part of 3 hours now.....the electricity has been flickering--probably gonna lose power soon. The last time this happened, I had no power for 4 days and relied on body heat from my dogs as the fireplace was inoperable :( Hoping not to suffer the same fate.....worst 4 days of my life

Down4whatever
01-28-2010, 07:05 PM
Just watched the news, and they all but guaranteed power will be out for thousands of people in the next hour and a half........:hypno: :byeb:

freebirdmac
01-28-2010, 07:08 PM
Crank the heat up now!!!!

Down4whatever
01-28-2010, 07:18 PM
Crank the heat up now!!!!

good idea!

Cranked the heat up to 78, put on a full pot of coffee, cooking 16oz beef, made a protein shake, and charging the Ipod........I need to move to a better State.

blu2xtreme
01-28-2010, 11:05 PM
good idea!

Cranked the heat up to 78, put on a full pot of coffee, cooking 16oz beef, made a protein shake, and charging the Ipod........I need to move to a better State.

I offered you Vegas;)
I don't really like it either

Hope you get lucky ...and miss the outage

Baldiewonkanobi
01-29-2010, 06:55 AM
Matt...make it thru the night with heat?

Baldie

Down4whatever
01-29-2010, 09:21 AM
We made it! Wasn't even close to as bad as predicted. Round 2 starts in a few hours--pretty much just 3-6 inches of snow on the way. I much prefer snow!

gman
01-29-2010, 09:26 AM
Good news that you got no ice.

We are supposed to get about that much snow too, starting tonight!

Down4whatever
01-29-2010, 05:01 PM
Good news that you got no ice.

We are supposed to get about that much snow too, starting tonight!

We got plenty of ice, but no power outages to speak of--maybe 4,000 city-wide.

Took some pics of the dogs playing out in the snow....

Down4whatever
01-29-2010, 05:25 PM
Reminiscing watching some of my lifts I can only dream of doing now.

435 deadlift: (I could still do this one.......maybe)

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt108/bustasinclair/th_003-4.jpg

135 OH Press: (could do this but not with such ease)

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt108/bustasinclair/th_MattFrontOHP135.jpg

300 Bench press: (couldn't even touch this weight now)

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt108/bustasinclair/th_004-5.jpg

255 Incline Bench: (no fucking way I could do this now)

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt108/bustasinclair/th_001-6.jpg

Bob45
01-29-2010, 05:54 PM
I like the videos. Good lifts there. Why are you losing a lot of strength? Trying to lose weight too fast? Watch your back on those deads.

Down4whatever
01-29-2010, 06:42 PM
I like the videos. Good lifts there. Why are you losing a lot of strength? Trying to lose weight too fast? Watch your back on those deads.

Thanks Bob, losing strength from weight loss and injuries. I was 205 or higher in most of those vids as compared to 185.8 this morning :eek: :hypno:

If I had a dime for everytime someone told me my deadlift form was shit, I'd be pretty rich....I think biomechanically that is the way I do deadlift--been that way since I was 15. :dunno:

Bob45
01-29-2010, 07:07 PM
Thanks Bob, losing strength from weight loss and injuries. I was 205 or higher in most of those vids as compared to 185.8 this morning :eek: :hypno:

If I had a dime for everytime someone told me my deadlift form was shit, I'd be pretty rich....I think biomechanically that is the way I do deadlift--been that way since I was 15. :dunno:

You have a very strong back then! I'm sure you got a lot of tips on that so I will keep my mouth shut. My form probably sucks too. I know how to tell others what to do though, lol.

I never lost strength when my fat got lower. I even get stronger. I hope you are getting the protein and rest you need.

Down4whatever
01-29-2010, 07:12 PM
You have a very strong back then! I'm sure you got a lot of tips on that so I will keep my mouth shut. My form probably sucks too. I know how to tell others what to do though, lol.

I never lost strength when my fat got lower. I even get stronger. I hope you are getting the protein and rest you need.

It's all good, you can comment, just sayin that it's not likely I will ever change :D

Most of the strength loss comes from my shoulder strains and elbow tendonitis. My squat has decreased only because I changed my ROM to pretty far below parallel.

Down4whatever
01-29-2010, 07:18 PM
OK, time for some truthfulness.

I don't think I'm gonna feel good about prancing around in posing gear looking like I do. Face it people, I just don't have the mass I need. I seriously feel like I'll be embarassing myself...

gman
01-29-2010, 07:30 PM
Mass maybe not. Leanness. Yes

Bob45
01-29-2010, 08:54 PM
How many guys your age look that good? Not many. I didn't want to take my shirt off this summer because I thought I was fat. My wife said look around. There wasn't many guys in good shape anywhere. I still kept my shirt on though, lol. Isn't this show about getting as conditioned as possible? I don't think they are looking for size.

AnglicanBeachParty
01-29-2010, 09:11 PM
I don't think I'm gonna feel good about prancing around in posing gear looking like I do. Face it people, I just don't have the mass I need. I seriously feel like I'll be embarassing myself...

I think you're looking really good.

Our minds play tricks on us when we start to get lean. We think we look small to other people when actually we look bigger and more muscular.

Down4whatever
01-29-2010, 09:13 PM
How many guys your age look that good? Not many. I didn't want to take my shirt off this summer because I thought I was fat. My wife said look around. There wasn't many guys in good shape anywhere. I still kept my shirt on though, lol. Isn't this show about getting as conditioned as possible? I don't think they are looking for size.

Good point. Paul has us all beat on leanness anyway; he's got good size too!

It's hard to be motivated comparing myself to the normal citizen. I agree there's not a very high bar set for society in general.

Down4whatever
01-29-2010, 09:28 PM
I think you're looking really good.

Our minds play tricks on us when we start to get lean. We think we look small to other people when actually we look bigger and more muscular.

Thanks Paul, I think if I could get some arms size and lats, I'd feel much better. I have to remember that I am flat as a pancake in these pics too. Carbed up, I might look a little better. :dunno:

buckimscl
01-29-2010, 10:41 PM
Good progress Matt!

Baldiewonkanobi
01-30-2010, 07:24 AM
185.8....whoa. Slap on some tanning chit and SMILE. Flash those Oklahoma pearlies. :)

Baldie

Down4whatever
01-30-2010, 04:55 PM
TULSA, OK --
Tulsa police are searching for a suspect in the robbery of a Tulsa Chase Bank Branch Saturday morning.
The robbery happened at about 11:30 a.m. at the Chase Bank Branch located at 5307 East 41 Street.
Officers with the Tulsa Police Department say the suspect waited in line and then approached the teller, demanding to have cash put into his gray bag. The suspect threatened that he would hurt the teller if the teller did not comply, according to police. When the suspect got the money, he fled the scene.
Officers say the suspect was seen driving away from the bank in a white Isuzu smaller SUV with Texas license plate 561 SYZ. The vehicle is described as a small SUV, possibly a Isuzu Amigo that looks similar to a Geo Tracker. The vehicle was seen traveling westbound on East 41 Street from the bank.
No one was injured in the robbery.
The suspect is described as a white man, 5'04" to 5'06", weighing 130 to 150 pounds. He was seen wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt under a plaid overcoat, blue jeans and black with white stripes tennis shoes. The suspect has an unshaven face that had gray stubble. He is described as being between 35-years-old and 45-years-old.

Looks like a glamour shot.......what a moron! It's almost like he didn't want to get away...this is about 2 miles from my house

Down4whatever
01-30-2010, 09:11 PM
Registered for the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon today; paid $100--that's like paying for bottled water, lol. I'm gonna shoot for a 4:20 (probably a little eager for my first time--about 9:45/mile average).

Unbelieveable that the record is 2:22--sick sick sick

http://okcmarathon.com/Marathon/tabid/53/Default.aspx

I know most likely nobody cares (and thinks it's stupid) as this is a bodybuilding site, but thought I'd share.

blu2xtreme
01-30-2010, 09:24 PM
I think it's way cool Matt:)

I tried to get into running - just not my deal
but at one time I really thought it would be a great accomplishment to
run a marathon

gman
01-30-2010, 09:31 PM
I ran my one and only marathon in 1991 and it took me 4:19 Matt!

I had to walk/jog the last 5 miles or I would have done a lot better.

You will do well!

Down4whatever
01-30-2010, 09:32 PM
I think it's way cool Matt:)

I tried to get into running - just not my deal
but at one time I really thought it would be a great accomplishment to
run a marathon

You could always speed-walk one--you could do it! 5-6 hours is still a huge accomplishment!

I thought it was cool as hell that Mikey has run one, so I figured I'd give it a shot since my bodyweight is at a 10 year low, lol. Maybe I can do the triple crown in 2010--Marathon, BB'ing contest (sorta), and PL'ing Meet!! That would make me proud of my 2010 for sure :yep:

Down4whatever
01-30-2010, 09:33 PM
I ran my one and only marathon in 1991 and it took me 4:19 Matt!

I had to walk/jog the last 5 miles or I would have done a lot better.

You will do well!

4:19 is sick man! Props! I was initially targeting a 3:59:59.....till I did the math and realized that was around a 9 flat/mile pace :eek: :eek:

blu2xtreme
01-30-2010, 09:36 PM
You could always speed-walk one--you could do it! 5-6 hours is still a huge accomplishment!

I thought it was cool as hell that Mikey has run one, so I figured I'd give it a shot since my bodyweight is at a 10 year low, lol. Maybe I can do the triple crown in 2010--Marathon, BB'ing contest (sorta), and PL'ing Meet!! That would make me proud of my 2010 for sure :yep:

I did a few short 5 k deals with weight watchers - I use to run regularly but it really kills my knees and I need my knees for squats

Down4whatever
01-30-2010, 09:42 PM
I did a few short 5 k deals with weight watchers - I use to run regularly but it really kills my knees and I need my knees for squats

Makes sense, squats are way better!

blu2xtreme
01-30-2010, 09:46 PM
Makes sense, squats are way better!

I live to squat and deadlift especially sldl ...they make me happy :D
I don't have much of a life :(

Baldiewonkanobi
01-31-2010, 07:45 AM
Registered for the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon today; paid $100--that's like paying for bottled water, lol. I'm gonna shoot for a 4:20 (probably a little eager for my first time--about 9:45/mile average).

Unbelieveable that the record is 2:22--sick sick sick

http://okcmarathon.com/Marathon/tabid/53/Default.aspx

I know most likely nobody cares (and thinks it's stupid) as this is a bodybuilding site, but thought I'd share.

You know we (Bodybuilders) will all still have ideas on night before carb loading, etc. For one thing sure I would take two Beta Alanine at the start, 1/3rd mark and again at the 2/3rds mark. And zero creatine (cramps) Just sayin....

Run baby run....all the way to your therapists house ;)

Baldie

gman
01-31-2010, 08:00 AM
walking lunge the last 1/4 mile and really impress the people

fatbackgoal
01-31-2010, 10:09 AM
My whole body thinks it would be a good idea to run but my knees. They usually win. Hoping getting down to a lower weight will allow me to do so.

Down4whatever
02-01-2010, 07:23 PM
You know we (Bodybuilders) will all still have ideas on night before carb loading, etc. For one thing sure I would take two Beta Alanine at the start, 1/3rd mark and again at the 2/3rds mark. And zero creatine (cramps) Just sayin....

Run baby run....all the way to your therapists house ;)

Baldie

Interesting. What advantage would the beta alanine give? I gave up creatine many moons ago; guess I'm a non-responder.

You callin me crazy? :D :hypno:

walking lunge the last 1/4 mile and really impress the people

I'll be lucky to still be fully upright at mile 25, lol. Still can't understand how you did a GREAT marathon time in your 20's and can't do it now. I always thought once a runner always a runner. :dunno:

My whole body thinks it would be a good idea to run but my knees. They usually win. Hoping getting down to a lower weight will allow me to do so.

I've been fortunate to be so healthy.

freebirdmac
02-01-2010, 07:29 PM
beta alanine is good stuff. It really does delay the lactic acid burn. It's probably even more applicable to runners.

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/freebirdmac/more.php?section=progresspics

AnglicanBeachParty
02-01-2010, 08:22 PM
I
I'll be lucky to still be fully upright at mile 25, lol. Still can't understand how you did a GREAT marathon time in your 20's and can't do it now. I always thought once a runner always a runner. :dunno:

I used to be a runner. I ran one marathon, a 10-miler, and a bunch of 10K and 5K races. It was easier in SoCal with a group of friends to apply peer pressure, and a 12-month outdoor running season.

Since moving to Michigan (18 years ago), I ran only "on and off". Cold weather was the main culprit.

About 2 years ago, a personal trainer (not mine) made an off-the-cuff remark to me that ended my running career forever: Running is catabolic.

I've never looked back, never been sorry I stopped running.

Down4whatever
02-01-2010, 08:27 PM
I used to be a runner. I ran one marathon, a 10-miler, and a bunch of 10K and 5K races. It was easier in SoCal with a group of friends to apply peer pressure, and a 12-month outdoor running season.

Since moving to Michigan (18 years ago), I ran only "on and off". Cold weather was the main culprit.

About 2 years ago, a personal trainer (not mine) made an off-the-cuff remark to me that ended my running career forever: Running is catabolic.

I've never looked back, never been sorry I stopped running.

I agree to an extent. I have minimal mass to lose. So, I figure this could be something to do for a few years--rack up a dozen or so marathons in, hopefully, a dozen different states, then return to BB'ing. Plenty of time to build mass in my 40's :)

gman
02-01-2010, 08:31 PM

I am too heavy to be a runner. I weighed 180 after the marathon.

runner trapped in a bodybuilder!

Down4whatever
02-01-2010, 08:35 PM
I am too heavy to be a runner. I weighed 180 after the marathon.

runner trapped in a bodybuilder!

Haha, definately not too heavy....we weigh the same dawg.

When I said, "once a runner, always a runner", I think I was really referring to running ability. Like you said no way you could run 14 miles......I disagree--more like, 'no way you will run 14 miles'.

Down4whatever
02-01-2010, 08:48 PM
I fell off the wagon this weekend--got depressed after taking those progress pics and gorged myself. I feel the need to make a confession post. Here are the items I ate and drank from Friday night through Sunday evening:

1/2 Gallon Ice Cream
1 bag Jalapeno Tostitos
1 bag frosted crueller donuts
2 Frozen Pizzas, cheese stuffed crust pepperoni and an ultra thin crust garlic chicken
1 bottle Southern Comfort
1 Bottle Cherry Brandy
2 Bottles sweet and sour

At least I had no restaurant food :dunno:

Strange thing was that I still weighed 186 this morning......maybe the weight gain is a few days delayed

freebirdmac
02-01-2010, 08:57 PM
The only thing that bothers me is all of the alcohol :(

blu2xtreme
02-01-2010, 09:01 PM
I get into those modes but I shop or forget to eat.

I am going through a really stressful time and figuring out how to handle it is hard.
You have friends here and I could use another friend to whine too
so anytime just give me a call.:hugme:

Down4whatever
02-01-2010, 09:03 PM
The only thing that bothers me is all of the alcohol :(

Just wish I had your strength......it's actually a pretty small amount of alcohol. The cherry brandy was a pint and the SoCo was 750ml

I get into those modes but I shop or forget to eat.

I am going through a really stressful time and figuring out how to handle it is hard.
You have friends here and I could use another friend to whine too
so anytime just give me a call.:hugme:

I'm not sure I'll be able to pull out of this tailspin. Loneliness is treacherous

gman
02-01-2010, 09:04 PM
I fell off the wagon this weekend--got depressed after taking those progress pics and gorged myself. I feel the need to make a confession post. Here are the items I ate and drank from Friday night through Sunday evening:

1/2 Gallon Ice Cream
1 bag Jalapeno Tostitos
1 bag frosted crueller donuts
2 Frozen Pizzas, cheese stuffed crust pepperoni and an ultra thin crust garlic chicken
1 bottle Southern Comfort
1 Bottle Cherry Brandy
2 Bottles sweet and sour

At least I had no restaurant food :dunno:

Strange thing was that I still weighed 186 this morning......maybe the weight gain is a few days delayed

I bet if you add it up, it was an ok calorie amount. macros sucked but if this is all you ate for 48 hours, probably 6000 calos maybe.

It all sounds really good too. I could eat it in one day

blu2xtreme
02-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Just wish I had your strength......it's actually a pretty small amount of alcohol. The cherry brandy was a pint and the SoCo was 750ml

I'm not sure I'll be able to pull out of this tailspin. Loneliness is treacherous

Believe me Matt I know ...I am scared to death

gman
02-01-2010, 09:11 PM
I am here too Matt. You know my number dude.

Down4whatever
02-01-2010, 09:16 PM
I bet if you add it up, it was an ok calorie amount. macros sucked but if this is all you ate for 48 hours, probably 6000 calos maybe.

It all sounds really good too. I could eat it in one day

I still had regular meals with all of that, but not very many. Funny thing was that the food didn't really taste all that good. :dunno:

Funny how different people deal with probs differently; I'd be stoked in your situation....gaining back your freedom!!

I am here too Matt. You know my number dude.

Thanks kids......really not much you can do unless you have a date on standby for me, lol. I appreciate the concern.

blu2xtreme
02-01-2010, 09:21 PM
I still had regular meals with all of that, but not very many. Funny thing was that the food didn't really taste all that good. :dunno:

Funny how different people deal with probs differently; I'd be stoked in your situation....gaining back your freedom!!

Thanks kids......really not much you can do unless you have a date on standby for me, lol. I appreciate the concern.

I am a little excited but very scared too

I am free Friday night in Columbus if you need date that night;)

freebirdmac
02-01-2010, 09:23 PM

To a great extent we choose the lives we have. Good choices, bad choices, and no choices. If you are lonely then you need to do something about it. You may not meet Miss Right anytime soon, but that is part of it. Each experience helps us define what we want in a person and a relationship. Just because it's not happening right this minute does not mean there is something wrong with you or that you'll never find anyone. In a way it is a numbers game. The more people you meet the better chance you have of finding someone. But you have to stop the pity party, get off your ass and do something, and be realistic that it can take awhile. You also have to recognize whether or not you are even ready. If you have some work to do on yourself, figure it out and do it.

Down4whatever
02-01-2010, 09:47 PM
To a great extent we choose the lives we have. Good choices, bad choices, and no choices. If you are lonely then you need to do something about it. You may not meet Miss Right anytime soon, but that is part of it. Each experience helps us define what we want in a person and a relationship. Just because it's not happening right this minute does not mean there is something wrong with you or that you'll never find anyone. In a way it is a numbers game. The more people you meet the better chance you have of finding someone. But you have to stop the pity party, get off your ass and do something, and be realistic that it can take awhile. You also have to recognize whether or not you are even ready. If you have some work to do on yourself, figure it out and do it.

Thanks for the frankness. As maybe you can imagine, it doesn't help any, but honesty is always nice. I shall continue to hold it in from here out....

gman
02-01-2010, 09:53 PM
I will be frank too, Matt. Having someone doesn't mean you won't be lonely. Just sayin, you can read into it what you want.

blu2xtreme
02-01-2010, 10:05 PM
Matt not all of us handle stuff the same ...I wish I was stronger emotionally but I am not. I can see what is rational but I can't always act on it.
So if you need to get it out then get it out ...I do all the time
and sometimes it helps others times it doesn't do a damn thing.

Talk to Mike he is a great listener - he listens to me whine all the time and gets me through those low days. He is a great friend to have in your corner.

Down4whatever
02-01-2010, 10:15 PM
I will be frank too, Matt. Having someone doesn't mean you won't be lonely. Just sayin, you can read into it what you want.

Isn't that the truth...

Matt not all of us handle stuff the same ...I wish I was stronger emotionally but I am not. I can see what is rational but I can't always act on it.
So if you need to get it out then get it out ...I do all the time
and sometimes it helps others times it doesn't do a damn thing.

Talk to Mike he is a great listener - he listens to me whine all the time and gets me through those low days. He is a great friend to have in your corner.

Well, I've hit the point where talking about it only makes me more depressed. It's really just a fucked up connundrum that I'll smooth out sooner or later. I'm fully aware of all of my options and lack thereof. I only mentioned it this time to help explain why I strayed this weekend.

gman
02-01-2010, 10:19 PM
You will be fine Matt...keep fighting. I have finally figured out that I screw up about 2 of every 7 days on the eating, but I do good 5. do well 5/7ths of the time long enough and it actually works!

buckimscl
02-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Keeping you in our thoughts Matt. Be strong bro.

AnglicanBeachParty
02-01-2010, 10:47 PM

Same here.

Down4whatever
02-01-2010, 10:50 PM
You will be fine Matt...keep fighting. I have finally figured out that I screw up about 2 of every 7 days on the eating, but I do good 5. do well 5/7ths of the time long enough and it actually works!

Same here.

I'm cool Gents! Didn't mean to sound pathetic! :D

Changed my avi to be part of the 'back' crew :yep:

blu2xtreme
02-01-2010, 10:54 PM

Nice back Babe :drool::drool::drool:

buckimscl
02-01-2010, 11:02 PM

I ain't got a chance in Columbus!!!! I may not even go.

Down4whatever
02-01-2010, 11:10 PM
Nice back Babe :drool::drool::drool:

Thanks dear.....just wish I had some size

I ain't got a chance in Columbus!!!! I may not even go.

I'd trade leanness for size anyday man! You got mad size!

Anyone know this guy?????

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt108/bustasinclair/031.jpg
http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt108/bustasinclair/027.jpg
http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt108/bustasinclair/032.jpg

blu2xtreme
02-01-2010, 11:23 PM
damn ...that seems like a lifetime ago
He is amazing :)

gman
02-01-2010, 11:33 PM
damn ...that seems like a lifetime ago
He is amazing :)

then or now? :p

my back looked better then, but from the front, not so much!

blu2xtreme
02-01-2010, 11:35 PM
then or now? :p

Always;)

gman
02-01-2010, 11:42 PM
Always;)

always the diplomat.

i would guess I look 10 years younger now

and by the way, Matt... I had mass then....mass=fat.

Baldiewonkanobi
02-12-2010, 06:05 PM
Matt...you there?

its...Baldie

MsGuns
02-14-2010, 09:51 AM
Happy Luv Day Matt!
I hope things are well w/ prep.

Baldiewonkanobi
02-14-2010, 09:57 AM
GREAT avi there MsGuns. You pretty up Matts thread more than he deserves.

Baldie

MsGuns
02-14-2010, 11:54 AM
GREAT avi there MsGuns. You pretty up Matts thread more than he deserves.

Baldie

Thx Baldie...
Im liking your avi...you r a hottie.

Baldiewonkanobi
03-18-2010, 06:54 AM
Friends of Matt....he is alive and well...posting daily over on the dark side...BB.com (aka Runners.com). Nice to know he is OK. Matt is a special dude.

Baldie

axioma
03-18-2010, 07:46 AM
Why can't we get him back here?

Baldiewonkanobi
03-18-2010, 01:10 PM
Matts a runner first but who also likes to lift heavy weights. There is a lot of this ilk in BB.com Masters. I understand his comfort there.

Baldie

axioma
03-18-2010, 01:47 PM
Me too. BB.com has a great profile page for bodyspace. lots of places for stats, workouts, etc. It has the social networking aspect down pat. The poster???

bodyhard
03-18-2010, 03:47 PM
Did he give up on bodybuilding all together?

AnglicanBeachParty
03-18-2010, 05:58 PM
Me too. BB.com has a great profile page for bodyspace. lots of places for stats, workouts, etc. It has the social networking aspect down pat. The poster???

I still keep my stats over there, because it's handy that way.

AnglicanBeachParty
03-19-2010, 01:29 PM
Friends of Matt....he is alive and well...posting daily over on the dark side...BB.com (aka Runners.com). Nice to know he is OK. Matt is a special dude.

Baldie

Matts a runner first but who also likes to lift heavy weights. There is a lot of this ilk in BB.com Masters. I understand his comfort there.

Baldie

Thanks, I went and looked. He seems happy doing what he is doing.

Did he give up on bodybuilding all together?

Looks like it. He is deep into training for a Marathon! :hypno:

bodyhard
03-19-2010, 02:13 PM
Looks like it. He is deep into training for a Marathon! :hypno:
Really? How do you know that?

AnglicanBeachParty
03-19-2010, 02:15 PM
Really? How do you know that?

Baldie's post earlier in the thread caused me to go hunt him down on BB.com ... he has a thread about it there.

Baldie

bodyhard
03-19-2010, 02:17 PM
Baldie's post earlier in the thread caused me to go hunt him down on BB.com ... he has a thread about it there.

Damn :(

gman
03-19-2010, 02:22 PM
Believe it or not, I actually ran a marathon once.

Big old Mike actually did it. It only took once to find out I never want to do it again!

bodyhard
03-19-2010, 04:27 PM
I can't believe Matt gave up on bodybuilding :(

blu2xtreme
03-19-2010, 05:07 PM
Everyone needs to find what makes them happy and for other what fills the voids better ...for a lot of people it's running.

Luckily for me it's lifting ...I suck at running:D

gman
03-19-2010, 05:13 PM
I actually enjoyed running to be honest. I was doing about 45 miles per week back then.

I ran like a turtle, but I could run for a long long ways

bodyhard
03-19-2010, 05:22 PM
Ohh don't get me wrong guys I am not knocking him for taking up running, every one should do what they enjoy. Just that he had great potential and I dont think he realize it.

gman
03-19-2010, 05:27 PM
he really did, he was almost leaned out and could have done a show in about 4-5 weeks max.

then he could have bulked his ass off.