PDA

View Full Version : Big Nation Radio

flexingtonsteele
02-27-2009, 11:01 PM
Any truth to the rumours that big nation and heavy muscle radio will join forces??

Steve Smith
02-28-2009, 12:34 AM
I don't see why we wouldn't. It's a show about bodybuilding, muscle and guy shit.

The 'muscle radio wars' are over. That's so early 2008. More than likely, though PBW hasn't recieved the memo.

-Block!

MAYOR OF BODYBUILDING
02-28-2009, 12:58 AM
Big nation is a pretty cool show!

mr.genetics
02-28-2009, 01:20 AM
Never heard it before, but an answer from someone in the know would be good.

Steve Smith
02-28-2009, 11:04 AM
Oh, I would say that I'm a little bit 'in the know'.

It's been in talks. We'll see what happens.

-Block!

matt1005
02-28-2009, 11:35 AM
Big nation is a pretty cool show!
I haven't listened to it in a long time. Is it still going? Who have the guest been?
Maybe blockhead can chime in.

Thanks

Steve Smith
02-28-2009, 12:18 PM
It is still ALIVE & WELL, matt1005.

Last MONDAY we had EAS co-founder and supplement guru, Sean Phillips on taking us through a trip down memory lane when EAS was the shizznit. RxMuscle and Species Nutrition proprietor and nutritional wizard David Palumbo also called-in and contributed to the show.

-Block!

NickGreco
02-28-2009, 01:56 PM
Word Block!!

jim
02-28-2009, 07:25 PM
last week's show was the best in a while. the worst recently was the one on network marketing. ugh. but overall it's a pretty decent program.

GameofInches
02-28-2009, 08:23 PM
Oh, I would say that I'm a little bit 'in the know'.

It's been in talks. We'll see what happens.

-Block!

Who are you? Not trying to sound rood, I just never heard your real name.

sturrific
02-28-2009, 09:14 PM
If there is the structure would be a plus.

flexingtonsteele
02-28-2009, 10:21 PM

obviously you've never listened to the radio show, because blockhead is the cohost of the show.

philborg
02-28-2009, 10:43 PM

In the description of the radio show it lists his name as Shane Carnithan, and he is the cohost of the show as Flexington said.

BTW, that was very rood.

samvic5150
02-28-2009, 10:57 PM
RX Muscle and the Nation would make a great team.. just hope the show doesn't change! listening to Block & Ed talk shit about anyone or anything is the beat!

WAR Big Nation!!!

Laterz

Boo
03-01-2009, 06:47 AM

Special Ed???

Boo

matt1005
03-01-2009, 10:46 PM
If there is the structure would be a plus.
The last time I listened to the show I was thinking the same thing. Relating to another post, I don't like aways hearing them "talk sh#$" about everybody. To me it gets old.

Dean
03-01-2009, 11:41 PM
You have to have Johnny Montana back on!

Curtis Garner
03-02-2009, 02:19 AM
I just started listening to the show a couple of weeks ago. Keeps me entertained on my walk to school. The other day I was at the crosswalk by school with about nine other people, I busted out laughing at a joke and everyone looked at me like I was crazy because they didn't notice the headphones.

huge285
03-02-2009, 04:15 AM
I'm waiting for SPECIAL ED to send me the first show (that was over a week ago)..........

JWolfe
03-02-2009, 06:52 AM
I just heard the show for the first time, the show was good but the sound quality was really bad. Some people would talk and I couldn't hear them them at all so I would turn it up and then someone else would start talking and almost blow the speakers since I had it turned up to hear the last person.

jim
03-02-2009, 08:40 AM
I just heard the show for the first time, the show was good but the sound quality was really bad. Some people would talk and I couldn't hear them them at all so I would turn it up and then someone else would start talking and almost blow the speakers since I had it turned up to hear the last person.

x2 on that. big nation desperately needs to have someone work with the levels on the show. block is always much louder than jason, and everyone else's levels are lower than that. the result is that i have my volume way up and get blown out every time block speaks.

Aaron Singerman
03-02-2009, 09:16 AM
x2 on that. big nation desperately needs to have someone work with the levels on the show. block is always much louder than jason, and everyone else's levels are lower than that. the result is that i have my volume way up and get blown out every time block speaks.

That should be easy to fix...

jim
03-02-2009, 09:20 AM
That should be easy to fix...

i would agree, but it's there every show, so...

Steve Smith
03-02-2009, 02:51 PM
We don't live in a perfect world nor is Big Nation a perfect show. I sit on my couch with my feet up dipping on some Skoal Wintergreen on my cell phone from Chicago and Special Ed is at his home in New York.

It isn't like we have a studio or sound technicians or anything. We do our best with what we have and we do it for fun.

I'll keep everything you all said in mind, though.

Johnny Montana will be back on soon...

- Block.

danger
03-02-2009, 03:07 PM
awsome show!

jim
03-02-2009, 05:08 PM
We don't live in a perfect world nor is Big Nation a perfect show. I sit on my couch with my feet up dipping on some Skoal Wintergreen on my cell phone from Chicago and Special Ed is at his home in New York.

It isn't like we have a studio or sound technicians or anything. We do our best with what we have and we do it for fun.

I'll keep everything you all said in mind, though.

Johnny Montana will be back on soon...

- Block.

that's funny that you're the one on the cell considering that your voice is so much louder and more clear. but at least for the podcast you guys should think of cleaning it up a little. there are any number of pieces of free software out there that will help you adjust the levels. several are as simple as running the software, and it does it automatically.
something to consider, anyway.

block, when are your pics going up on the big nation site?

AVBG
03-02-2009, 07:12 PM
yo block!

flexingtonsteele
03-02-2009, 09:02 PM
hey just wanted to let u guys know, that guest of yours "flexingtonsteele" is great.

u should have him on more often.

Flexington = ratings :D

Steve Smith
03-02-2009, 09:45 PM
hey just wanted to let u guys know, that guest of yours "flexingtonsteele" is great.

u should have him on more often.

Flexington = ratings :D

Jim,

Thanks, brother.

AVBG,

Do you come from the land down under? Meet me this weekend at the Walkabout Creek? Me and Donk are gonna have a few Foster's.

Flexington,

Call in tonight.

-Block!

IF I TOOK ROIDS I'D BE MR OLYMPIA
03-02-2009, 09:47 PM
Block = special ed. He does the voice for both and talks to himself :-D lol

Jk

flexingtonsteele
03-02-2009, 09:48 PM
Jim,

Thanks, brother.

AVBG,

Do you come from the land down under? Meet me this weekend at the Walkabout Creek? Me and Donk are gonna have a few Foster's.

Flexington,

Call in tonight.

-Block!

Ill call in tonight only if u want your ratings to go through the roof!

whose on the show tonight block?

oh hey block, i lost your phone number, PM it to me pls.

philborg
03-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Was there a show yesterday? I can't find it.

Method
03-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Johnny Montana

http://www.childrenministry.com/files/library/Image212.gif

Steve Smith
03-03-2009, 05:14 PM
That looks nothing like Johnny Montana! Wait. Maybe the hair.

Special Ed was on vacation catching the UV rays and avoiding sting rays and Shawn Rays in Florida, philborg. We'll be back next week...

-Block.

philborg
03-03-2009, 05:18 PM
That looks nothing like Johnny Montana! Wait. Maybe the hair.

Special Ed was on vacation catching the UV rays and avoiding sting rays and Shawn Rays in Florida, philborg. We'll be back next week...

-Block.

Thanks block; good luck in your show!

Kev
03-03-2009, 08:38 PM
Badass show, one of the episodes with ryan kennelly was fucking brilliant, pure comedy. I even love the little title descriptions the show repeats have, one said something like "and also stopping by will be outspoken Obama critic ryan kennelly".

Keep up the awesome work

Steve Smith
03-04-2009, 11:26 AM
Badass show, one of the episodes with ryan kennelly was fucking brilliant, pure comedy. I even love the little title descriptions the show repeats have, one said something like "and also stopping by will be outspoken Obama critic ryan kennelly".

Keep up the awesome work

Bench MONSTER, Ryan Kennelly does have strong passion/opinion on politics, love, life and even Area-51.

Who said that he was just all brawn? Not PJ Braun.

- Block!

03-05-2009, 12:59 AM
???

philborg
03-05-2009, 01:10 AM
No they didn't; I asked blockhead, he said they'll be back next week.

03-05-2009, 05:35 AM

Thanks. Its a great show. I like the gossip

big_duuude
03-10-2009, 11:33 AM

Well it's Tuesday 10th March and the show was not on yet again. :confused:

No mention here, big nation website or on blogtalkradio.com ............
what's up ? It's on even less than the Dan & Bob show !!!!!

I know Jason wants to do screenwriting but, has he already adopted the scheduling habits of a US television show ?
ie. none of your networks seem capable of putting out a season of anything without numerous breaks and holidays.

Keep us in the loop guys. :)

withdrawal symptoms checking in

Steve Smith
03-10-2009, 12:33 PM
It seems as if Jason started something.

blogtalkradio used to allow us to literally an hour or less before the show just log on, register and badda BOOM badda BING we were live and on the air.

Now it seems everybody and their grandmother came out of the woodwork and started a radio show and lots of them are using blogtalk. So with that said when we logged-on yesterday an hour before hand to register and set-up were were unable because all slots were booked.

Now we have to register days and even weeks in advance so that's what we are doing.

Trust me. Next time we are on I will speak of my 2009 Arnold Classic experiences from fitness whores to fags in AFFLICTION shirts to jerky bodybuilders with ILS to fanny-pack wearing fanboys with their bags of schwag.

I will keep everybody here up to date.

- Block!

03-10-2009, 11:27 PM
Lulz ^^^^

samvic5150
03-11-2009, 01:32 AM

blogtalkradio used to allow us to literally an hour or less before the show just log on, register and badda BOOM badda BING we were live and on the air.

Now it seems everybody and their grandmother came out of the woodwork and started a radio show and lots of them are using blogtalk. So with that said when we logged-on yesterday an hour before hand to register and set-up were were unable because all slots were booked.

Now we have to register days and even weeks in advance so that's what we are doing.

Trust me. Next time we are on I will speak of my 2009 Arnold Classic experiences from fitness whores to fags in AFFLICTION shirts to jerky bodybuilders with ILS to fanny-pack wearing fanboys with their bags of schwag.

- Block!
looking forward to it!

Laterz

big_duuude
03-13-2009, 03:58 PM

- Block!
Thanks BLOCK, maybe time to switch to a new provider.
And about the Arnold, don't forget to mention the protein farts !

Tre
03-13-2009, 07:40 PM
Agreed with switching to a different provider.

Who handles the HMR broadcast? I listened to their spot with Jeremy (femphysiquefan) the other day and thought the sound quality was excellent.

emazur24
03-15-2009, 01:01 AM
Block-

Do you have any more Steven Seagal stories? That was one of the funniest shows that I've ever listened to

Steve Smith
03-15-2009, 11:08 AM
Tre,

Wat up, TreNuggz... Drinks on me at Jr. Nats. I know Jeremy. From Indiana? He loves taking pics of my girl.

emazur24,

That was a good one. Last time I had sushi I took a bunch of California Rolls and worte out ' S.O.S. ' on my plate.

Naaa... no stories. I have plenty of 2009 Arnold stories, though. I hope we're on tomorrow. We should be. I'll keep everyone posted.

- Block!

Alex23
03-16-2009, 02:35 AM
What is this? A fuckfest of "internet muscle Media" mergers?

Wouldn't be a bad idea, but for the little I know about JASON STERN, he'll have a hard time sharing the attention.

BLockhead is a real bodybuilder on the other hand.

JudgeX
03-16-2009, 07:56 PM
Listen Live at UltimateTalkRadio.com and call in at 646-595-3895

Or download the replay at iTunes.com

thepump
03-18-2009, 06:09 PM
I'm waiting for SPECIAL ED to send me the first show (that was over a week ago)..........

sounds good bro

JudgeX
03-25-2009, 03:00 PM
On Monday's BNR, our guests were US Army Veteran/Afghanistan Combat Hero and powerlifting champ JASON PEGG and IFBB Fitness Pro BEBE GIRALDO, who finally dishes the real dirt on the whole CRAIG TITUS/KELLY RYAN/MELVIN ANTHONY saga.

Listen at UltimateTalkRadio.com or right here at RXMuscle when I finally upload the episodes.

J

Not Dorian Yates
03-25-2009, 03:51 PM
Never heard of the show but I will check it out when I get home today.

big_duuude
04-14-2009, 01:15 PM
On Monday's BNR, our guests were US Army Veteran/Afghanistan Combat Hero and powerlifting champ JASON PEGG and IFBB Fitness Pro BEBE GIRALDO, who finally dishes the real dirt on the whole CRAIG TITUS/KELLY RYAN/MELVIN ANTHONY saga.

Listen at UltimateTalkRadio.com or right here at RXMuscle when I finally upload the episodes.

J
That was a really good show.
But two weeks without BIG-NATION-RADIO and I'm getting withdrawal symptoms again so bad I've had to listen to the terrible MD podcasts.

danger
04-23-2009, 07:33 PM
when is BNR going to be back?

AVBG
04-23-2009, 07:49 PM
It seems like they may have lost interest? I liked the show.

flexingtonsteele
04-23-2009, 11:18 PM
when is BNR going to be back?

Dont wory dude, they'll be back.

Block is currently dieting his ass off prepping for the Illinois State show in about 3 weeks and is pretty busy with that and work.

And Jay is making the move from NYC to SoCal, and also has some other personal things goin on in his life.

Due to this they are on a brief hiatus, but dont worry they'll be back.

danger
04-24-2009, 01:19 AM
i knew glenn would come through! those 2 are pretty funny. thanks for the update buddy.

JudgeX
04-24-2009, 01:55 PM
Thanks Flex for the update!

Odd Yet Somewhat Interesting News

My wife is due to give birth any day now and Blockhead is due to win the 2009 NPC Illinois States so Block and I agreed that if my wife gives birth on the same day Blockhead wins the overall, I am contractually obligated to give the baby the middle name 'Blockhead'!

Dilemma

Sure 'Penelope Blockhead Stern' will look stupid, but how can I root against my buddy?

Woo Hoo! Go Blockhead!

flexingtonsteele
04-25-2009, 12:36 AM
Thanks Flex for the update!

Odd Yet Somewhat Interesting News

My wife is due to give birth any day now and Blockhead is due to win the 2009 NPC Illinois States so Block and I agreed that if my wife gives birth on the same day Blockhead wins the overall, I am contractually obligated to give the baby the middle name 'Blockhead'!

Dilemma

Sure 'Penelope Blockhead Stern' will look stupid, but how can I root against my buddy?

Woo Hoo! Go Blockhead!

I send u a pic of my sweet sexy chocolaty abs and this is the thanx u give me.....u name your lil' bundle of joy after a half spic!!!!!!!

Its ok! Im rooting for Block too :)

broken7
06-25-2009, 10:56 PM
When is big nation radio coming back ?

Kev
07-14-2009, 09:27 PM

x2
I loved that show

AVBG
07-14-2009, 09:41 PM
I liked it.

Kirk Angel525
10-26-2009, 12:54 AM
no doubt, what a great show!!!!

kirk:allgood:

Aaron Singerman
10-26-2009, 01:18 AM
Blockhead?

LANCE ADAM
10-26-2009, 02:53 AM
im a fan, i like the Pick up artist guests

AVBG
10-26-2009, 02:55 AM
Wasn't it due back last week?

big nut
12-03-2009, 11:36 PM
i just started listening to the past episodes...funny shit

these guys are actually pretty informed about the bbing world. they have some great stories...bring back big nation radio!

big nut
12-11-2009, 11:08 PM
i'm about halfway thru all the big nation radio episodes. i sometimes thought special ed was funny back when he was contributing to no bull radio. but given his own show, hes funny as shit. and blockhead is pretty funny too. these guys seriously need to get back on the airwaves:yep:

Kirk Angel525
01-01-2010, 02:10 PM
check out the download of last night's(12/31/2009) NYE Extravaganza!!! is available on blogtalkradio.com and itunes!

bignationradio.com

kirk

AVBG
01-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Finally!

big nut
01-01-2010, 07:31 PM
yes...they're back!

big_duuude
01-02-2010, 01:09 PM
Not finished listening to it but ................ it's funny :-)