PDA

View Full Version : Core Exercises

costa
02-27-2009, 11:51 PM
Hi Everyone,

i have been having some back problems and my physio tells me i need to strengthen my core.
i have never specifically worked on my core.
any advice on the best exercises.

my physio have given me a few but i am interested in other advice as well.

cheers

indianamonster1986
02-27-2009, 11:55 PM
hyper extensions on the roman chair for your lower back. any abdominal work, like crunches, leg lifts, etc. Bridges work also. There a vast variety you can do.

BK
02-28-2009, 12:12 AM
You need to stretch your hips, IT bands, hamstrings and hip flexors everyday to start. Hold each stretch for no less then 30 seconds.
You will want to perform more static work versus repetition. Excersises include: Thera ball Push up holds, Back raise extension holds, Bridge work off of a Thera ball. Yoga/Pilates moves which involve various plank positions and holds.
One thing you will want to do is quit working your hamstrings for a couple weeks and avoid anytype of leg raise or sit-up as these will put pressure on the lower back.

costa
02-28-2009, 12:34 AM
thanks for the replys.
i will begin straight away

WSTRAINER
02-28-2009, 07:02 AM
Hi Everyone,

i have been having some back problems and my physio tells me i need to strengthen my core.
i have never specifically worked on my core.
any advice on the best exercises.

my physio have given me a few but i am interested in other advice as well.

cheers

I dont think we can reccommend exercises without knowing the EXACT issues. See if you can get your hands on Stuart McGill's book, or find someone that is familiar with his work.

Good luck

Glenda Bozett
02-28-2009, 08:25 AM
Hi Costa. you have to train core and abs as well, all exercises for lower body will help to strengthen your core. I hope you get better soon :)