PDA

View Full Version : 2 weeks out

ShelbyStarnes
11-06-2009, 02:50 PM
I'm in the middle of a a practice run carb-up (yesterday and today) so I'm fuller, but also a bit more watery than usual. Weight was 194.6 this AM.

jacshelb
11-06-2009, 02:57 PM
That's a good look! I'm really impressed with your back. Good thickness and width.

ghung
11-06-2009, 03:21 PM
looking good.good luck bro

Marijan Lipsinic
11-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Shelby, you look great! Excellent conditioning + fullness. Best I ever seen you! 14 days to go!

luke_b21
11-06-2009, 03:40 PM
What kind of carb up/peak week are you doing?

TheTransformator
11-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Back is coming in very nicely...! Dialing nicely...and still 2 weeks to go...impressive...!

Do you have a shoulder issue Shelby...? Any particular reason you turn soo much into your side pose...?

DICE
11-06-2009, 04:06 PM
You look great man, I seen your videos as well.Good work.

Canuck_Muscle
11-06-2009, 04:43 PM
Looking good as usual. The back double bi is your best pose imo.

NATURAL-1987
11-06-2009, 04:51 PM
I wish I was that "watery" 2 weeks out. You look great!

devo09
11-06-2009, 05:22 PM
huge erector....s.......

seriously though they really struck out, still deadlifting heavy as hell?

ShelbyStarnes
11-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Thanks everyone. Looking forward to this final show of the year.. it will be my 5th, and I normally only do one.
devo - I haven't deadlifted from the floor in a while but I still do heavy Romanians and some rows.

transformator - yes, I do have some shoulder issues. I try to correct it in the poses but often I just end up making it look worse :)

TheTransformator
11-06-2009, 06:13 PM
Thanks everyone. Looking forward to this final show of the year.. it will be my 5th, and I normally only do one.
devo - I haven't deadlifted from the floor in a while but I still do heavy Romanians and some rows.

transformator - yes, I do have some shoulder issues. I try to correct it in the poses but often I just end up making it look worse :)

Ah okay...leave the arm as it is (if you really can't correct it) and try to turn less into your pose (get my drift) and let us see how that looks...so your legs and chest are both facing the same direction...

Looking good at 2 weeks out...

MsGuns
11-06-2009, 06:15 PM
ROCK it SHELBY!

debbiebramwell
11-06-2009, 07:25 PM
Back is coming in very nicely...! Dialing nicely...and still 2 weeks to go...impressive...!

Do you have a shoulder issue Shelby...? Any particular reason you turn soo much into your side pose...?

Ah okay...leave the arm as it is (if you really can't correct it) and try to turn less into your pose (get my drift) and let us see how that looks...so your legs and chest are both facing the same direction...

Looking good at 2 weeks out...

I do see anything wrong with the way he is posing...it looks right to me. I always notice off posing... you always twist with side poses...I found a pic of jay...he is twisting as well. Shelby you look awesome! cant wait to see how you do!!

buster12
11-06-2009, 07:32 PM
good stuff.

DECABEATZ
11-06-2009, 07:45 PM
Shelby good work!

This Is War
11-06-2009, 07:54 PM
Wow man, it feels like you're always 2 weeks out fro ma show! LOL You've doen a lot this year, you look great, all the best!

ypmm5
11-06-2009, 11:23 PM
Looking good and full. Come show time, you should be about 186-188 lbs dry and ripped.
Good luck Triple S.
I'll be looking out for your at the prejudging.

TheTransformator
11-07-2009, 01:11 AM
I do see anything wrong with the way he is posing...it looks right to me. I always notice off posing... you always twist with side poses...I found a pic of jay...he is twisting as well. Shelby you look awesome! cant wait to see how you do!!

I stated less turning into...debbie...I wanted to see if that makes his shot somehwat better...especially considering the way he holds his shoulder...which Shelby explained the cause of...

debbiebramwell
11-07-2009, 12:26 PM
I stated less turning into...debbie...I wanted to see if that makes his shot somehwat better...especially considering the way he holds his shoulder...which Shelby explained the cause of...

you are supposed to twist with side poses..I added a pic of mr olympia doing a side shot to show..

TheTransformator
11-07-2009, 12:51 PM
you are supposed to twist with side poses..I added a pic of mr olympia doing a side shot to show..

Did you read what I just wrote...Debbie...I stated turn less into...like Arnold did in a few shots...

saiyajinali
11-07-2009, 01:41 PM
Did you read what I just wrote...Debbie...I stated turn less into...like Arnold did in a few shots...

:confused: what are you talking about.

debbiebramwell
11-07-2009, 01:47 PM

yes I know how to read....and you are supposed to turn to create an illusion..you are supposed to show both shoulders..I added the pic of jay to show. I could of used anyone else but I figured mr olympia would be the best one to use:dunno: lol shelbys posing is fine

ShelbyStarnes
11-07-2009, 03:54 PM
I think my side chest pose is fine ... my shoulder isn't an issue there at all.

The shoulder issue only crops up in the front and rear lat spreads, which is what I was referring to when I said I was working on it.

debbiebramwell
11-07-2009, 04:07 PM
I think my side chest pose is fine ... my shoulder isn't an issue there at all.

The shoulder issue only crops up in the front and rear lat spreads, which is what I was referring to when I said I was working on it.

yes I see it in the front lat spread...one is higher then the other...I didnt notice in the back...your side poses rock! ;)

s2h
12-18-2009, 07:12 PM
forget the shoulder w/ glutes like that nobodys gonna notice that shoulder,bro you got serious glute striations and the judges cant help but over look a small flaw w/ glutes like that,good luck and awesome job!!!