PDA

View Full Version : Off-season photoshoots?

sassy69
11-07-2009, 04:59 PM
Occasionally I come across photos from all our favorite female fitness photogs where the model is off-season. They actually look pretty good - its just a different look from what we usually expect of fitness shots.

Does anyone have any experience w/ these or would you do one?

Me personally, ugh, I carry my weight in my lower back and it starts immediately after I come off competition mode - really destroys my back shots which would otherwise look pretty damn thick.

Just my random thought for the day....

BadAssBarbie
11-10-2009, 11:26 AM
I haven't done many photoshoots, but only 1 or 2 were at contest time. The rest were off season. I just won't do one when I'm WWAAAAY off season...lol...like right now. Right now, there's no way in hell I'd step in front of the camera. I don't even like stepping in front of a mirror!! I think it's amazing how some girls still look so frickin' fabulous in their off season!

~gymdiva~
11-10-2009, 11:38 AM
my first shoots were done offseason and I was pleased with them but now after having done comp shape shoots I doubt I'll ever allow myself to do shoots offseason again....

sassy69
11-10-2009, 04:20 PM
my first shoots were done offseason and I was pleased with them but now after having done comp shape shoots I doubt I'll ever allow myself to do shoots offseason again....

I know what you mean. Its damn hard holding yourself up to 'day of show' photographs all the time. My favorite is when people see your pix (cuz most don't even know what it means to be 'competition ready') and then see you and you can tell that look on their faces like "WTF happened to you??" Um... I ate a carb... OMG!

What a great sport we all pursue.... (read: What a great mindfuck we all pursue...)

figurebre
11-10-2009, 04:42 PM
ive thought about it! but i know once I got them, I wouldnt be happy with them...and most likely id tear myself apart looking at them.
I have changed my mentality to that of a "normal" girl in the off season, its working for me much better.

tammyp
11-11-2009, 06:07 AM
i did w/ dan at the ac last year. they were ok...some i really liked ...none of the back shots though!

ActionTan
11-20-2009, 08:56 AM
I find it really inspirational to see 'off season' photos. They just show the whole cycle of bodybuilding and the hard work that goes into it. Like the majority of ladies starting out it has taken a while for me to get my head around getting bigger and heavier and it's actually off season photos and face to face contact with ladies I aspire to be like that have been the biggest influence on this. To realise the hard work that goes on behind the stage lights and photo studios really spures me on. Sometimes having that ideal image of a competition ready body in focus too much can set you back because it's really hard to remember that that is only reality for a couple of days of competition! So off season photos....be proud...they inspire!!!!!!!

bodimajestik
11-20-2009, 09:30 AM
I know what you mean. Its damn hard holding yourself up to 'day of show' photographs all the time. My favorite is when people see your pix (cuz most don't even know what it means to be 'competition ready') and then see you and you can tell that look on their faces like "WTF happened to you??" Um... I ate a carb... OMG!

What a great sport we all pursue.... (read: What a great mindfuck we all pursue...)

Lol I agree...I have competed just once in my life (I am just 24) and when some friends met me after 3 months in my off season, they said what the hell happened to you, you have put on so much, don't do this to yourself.....lol. It is really funny to get comments specially from people who don't understand bodybuilding and don't know what off season is or on season is....I don't know if this thread was just meant for girls or not but just wanted to share the stuff.....cheers

OMEGA
12-15-2009, 01:48 AM
Well Sasssy your pics are awesome on and off season!

GirlyMuscle
12-15-2009, 02:59 AM
Why don't you ladies post some up?

tammyp
12-15-2009, 06:27 AM
heres one...

GirlyMuscle
12-15-2009, 08:21 AM
Damn, Tammy. You look better off season than I do on. Guess that's why you're the pro. ;)

freebirdmac
12-15-2009, 08:50 AM
I wish picts taken at comp body fat levels came with a disclaimer. So many people see the picts in mags and get the wrong idea. They don't know how this in-season/off-season stuff works. They don't know what body fat levels are sustainable for long periods of time. They just see the picts and want to look like that, risking their health. Isn't that contributing to screwed up body images? Women with no knowledge of bodybuilding pick up a fitness mag and see a pict and think that's the goal for a year around look? It's obviously hard enough for seasoned competitors.

I can see where going from in-season to off-season is a real mind game. It's hard to prefer the off-season look. And I mean the reasonable body fat level off-season look. Not the higher level, bulking look. But it does look good. Heck it looks awesome! Tammy just proved that :)

I look at all of these images as I work to reshape my body and try to keep a reasonable goal in mind. Seeing more off season photos would be fantastic. I think I've already been pretty corrupted by all of the comp photos :p

kimm4
12-15-2009, 10:40 AM
Tammy you look great year round!!

I've done one photo shoot years ago. I don't like being in front of the camera...it's just not me.

This is my off season look...

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k230/ksl04/1210090838a.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k230/ksl04/1213090034a.jpg

GirlyMuscle
12-15-2009, 10:50 AM
Wow! You look incredible Kimm!!!

Wendy
12-15-2009, 11:07 AM
Tammy and Kim your off season pics are amazing! Makes me realize how much work I have to do!

~Dayna~
12-16-2009, 12:51 AM
heres one...

I love your off season look that is amazing you can hold that well. How far are you off from conest I am guessing 10-15 max.

tammyp
12-16-2009, 06:09 AM
im not that now....lol ...i was about 126 there......and i was 118 ish to compete.

Sledge
12-16-2009, 07:17 AM
Wow Kimm4 looking awsome there. I lurve a woman with curves.

I know all you bodybuilder types think your fat when you are off season. But to me off season is whe FBBs look their best.

kimm4
12-16-2009, 08:01 AM
Wow Kimm4 looking awsome there. I lurve a woman with curves.

I know all you bodybuilder types think your fat when you are off season. But to me off season is whe FBBs look their best.

Oh thank you.

I actually like my off season look. When I first got into the sport it was different. I always felt like I needed to stay lean and I could never get comfortable with my look. But that's changed over years and it works for me. Sliced and diced is great for stage...but that's where I leave it. :)

Thanks everyone!

tight booty
12-16-2009, 08:39 AM
I've actually modeled nude for mens magazines in my off seasons!

Sledge
12-16-2009, 09:10 AM
Popular Mechanics?

tight booty
12-16-2009, 09:31 AM
Popular Mechanics?
I don't know what that mag is Sledge!