PDA

View Full Version : Dental Insurance

Theobeselifter
02-28-2009, 07:16 AM
Since I lost my job at the bank I lost my dental coverage. Just my luck I need a damn root canal. I'm looking for a good and affordable carier. Can anyone recommend anyone?

Mouse
02-28-2009, 07:55 AM
If what you need is a root canal you might be better off paying for it yourself. Dental plans are notoriously cheap when it comes to covering them, particularly when it comes time for the crown. Take a look at whatever premiums you're going to have to pay to get the insurance and take a look at the percentage covered for the services you need. You'll need to check with your dentist for the total cost of the procedure but it might end up that your insurance premiums plus deductibles plus the uncovered percentage of the procedure are not much less than just paying for the procedure yourself without insurance.

DannyG
06-24-2009, 05:45 PM
I know this is old post but I would try Humana one they seem pretty reasonable. I had the same problem with my job but i'm on COBRA now but still expensive. Anyway paying for a root canal out of pocket will put you in the whole 2000 dollars plus or so. And when you get insurance make sure it's that and not a discount plan.