PDA

View Full Version : Workout time overtraining

Minnphat
11-08-2009, 12:09 PM
What are your thoughts... I have been training naturally around 8 years... I still am not sure whats best for a natty.... 4 days a week or 5? when in the gym how long.. how man exercises? how many sets? how much HIIT cardio??? I still have not learned when my body is "telling" me its too much or little? Just curiouse what other naturals think and have learned... plus i work 50 hours a week and go to school.. how does this factor into the equation??? some days i feel really burnt and moody.. not too mention I am not carb all year... any thought would help guys thanks..

NATURAL-1987
11-08-2009, 03:06 PM
I go from 4-5 days. I was on a 5 up until last week and it looked like this.

Training
Monday
Legs(Alternate Quads and Hams Each Week Which is Trained First)
3 Exercises Quads
3 Exercises Hams
2 Exercises Calves
Tuesday
Chest
3-4 Exercises
Abs
2 Exercises
30 Minutes Cardio
Wednesday
OFF
Thursday
Back and Traps(Alternate Width and Depth Each Week Which is Trained First)
3 Width
3 Depth
1 Lower
Calves 2 Exercises
30 Minutes Cardio
Friday
Shoulders
3-4 Exercises
Saturday
Arms
3 Exercises Biceps
3 Exercises Triceps
2 Forearms(super set at the end of training)
30 Minutes Cardio
Sunday
OFF
FIRST EXERCISE DO 4-5 SETS(2 HEAVY WORKING) REST OF EXCERCISES DO 1 FEEL SET AND 2 HEAVY SETS.
CARDIO ON EITHER GAUNTLET OR TREADMILL.

Now I am on a 4 and this is what it looks like.

Shoulders
3-4 Exercises
Triceps
3 Exercises
30 Minutes Cardio
Tuesday
Back and Traps(Alternate Width and Depth Each Week Which is Trained First)
3 Width
3 Depth
1 Lower
Calves
2 Exercises
30 Minutes Cardio
Wednesday
OFF
Thursday
Chest
3-4 Exercises
Biceps
3 Exercises
30 Minutes Cardio
Friday
Legs(Alternate Quads and Hams Each Week Which is Trained First)
3 Exercises Quads
3 Exercises Hams
2 Exercises Calves
Saturday
Abs
2 Exercises
30 Minutes Cardio
Sunday
OFF
FIRST EXERCISE DO 4-5 SETS(2 HEAVY WORKING) REST OF EXCERCISES DO 1 FEEL SET AND 2 HEAVY SETS. CARDIO ON EITHER STAIRS OUR TREADMILL.

I dont count abs and cardio as an entire day. Could throw in abs tuesday if you dont have to do cardio and would be set in 4 days completely.

flaccid_member
11-08-2009, 03:51 PM
What are your thoughts... I have been training naturally around 8 years... I still am not sure whats best for a natty.... 4 days a week or 5? when in the gym how long.. how man exercises? how many sets? how much HIIT cardio??? I still have not learned when my body is "telling" me its too much or little? Just curiouse what other naturals think and have learned... plus i work 50 hours a week and go to school.. how does this factor into the equation??? some days i feel really burnt and moody.. not too mention I am not carb all year... any thought would help guys thanks..

Go with how you feel. Listen to your body, keep a journal and adjust the calories and workouts accordingly.

In my personal prep, I've done 6-on and 1-off. Now it shifts to 3-1, or 3-1 and 3-2.

I guess the bigger question is are you prepping for anything?

Minnphat, always go with the "eat, sleep, train and grow" premise and expand from there. Good luck and keep us posted!

almard
11-08-2009, 03:52 PM
I don't beleve in overtraining...I just go by how I feel...

Team Franco
11-09-2009, 06:39 AM

Lots of good answers.

The only way to find out is to try it! Give a new routine a few weeks and see how the body responds, via, energy, strength gains, recovery, and so on.