PDA

View Full Version : HRT and insurance

WILDMAN
02-28-2009, 07:55 AM
I moved from Tn., To Denver Co. So my insurance had to be moved to Denver as well. They told me that that I could switch over my exact same policy without any changes to my policy. I reached the cut off point for my Tn. insurance, called and asked where is my insurance here in Denver?
They said here is your policy, for 1,200$ a month:eek: for you , and your wife. I said in Tn I paid 320$ a month, for both me , and my wife.
They said that I could try to re apply for a better price, but insurance will not cover people with Testosterone problems. I asked why not? he said" due to all the anticipated surgeries, and the cost of the medication". I asked what surgeries? he Said" I am not a doctor, I can not comment on that". This piece of shit is treating me like I am a cancer patient.
Has any one experienced something like this with there insurance?

Jacquester
02-28-2009, 11:15 AM
That's why I pay for HRT out of pocket and get my blood work for it independent of my main doc and insurance. The insurance companies don't need much to deny you especially when you change. Physican/ patient confidentiality is a great concept if it's kept off of your records- what doc isn't going to put it on your chart to cover himself.

BNJ
02-28-2009, 12:31 PM
If you are paying out of pocket and not going though insurance, couldn't you go to more than one Dr. and get more than one script for test?

BULLDOZER
02-28-2009, 12:31 PM
Fuck that garbage just get the stuff on your own. It is a hell of a lot cheaper than $1,200 per month.

Jack of All
02-28-2009, 05:39 PM
wildman if you want a good HRT dr PM me and I will direct you to mine. Great service good prices.

Zetawill
02-28-2009, 08:54 PM
My favorite is when they consider the bodybuilder type "severely obese" and take on about $500 extra (at least that's what I got).

Insurance, closed minded doctors, and GNC are all rip offs.

Jacquester
02-28-2009, 09:19 PM
If you are paying out of pocket and not going though insurance, couldn't you go to more than one Dr. and get more than one script for test?

That would be illegal:eek: People do that all the time in emergency rooms, etc for other drugs. The main reason a lot of people do HRT is to play by the rules so it would kind of defeat that purpose.

Jacquester
02-28-2009, 09:25 PM
Fuck that garbage just get the stuff on your own. It is a hell of a lot cheaper than $1,200 per month.

He's going to have to. He's screwed- they won't cover his gear and he'll have to pay the $1200 anyway just to get insurance. That's what you get for honesty.

toxic Avenger
02-28-2009, 10:55 PM
That's great to know and very timely as I am just starting. Have not sent insurance company any info at this point.

Zetawill
02-28-2009, 11:40 PM
Insurance is way to closely tied in with dr's these days. I find out that my dr submits codes to the insurance to "protect my privacy" the problem is that any yahoo can easily find these codes that tell what type of treatment you are undergoing.
Medical privacy pertains to everyone, but the insurance company.

WILDMAN
03-01-2009, 07:20 AM
He's going to have to. He's screwed- they won't cover his gear and he'll have to pay the $1200 anyway just to get insurance. That's what you get for honesty.

I am considering moving back, seems like the insurance there actually sees Testosterone for what it is. They actually understand that it will improve the quality of a mans life, and save them money in the future. I can not believe that the insurance company here is just basing something off of drama. Who the fuck is going to pay 1,200$ a month!!! It is cheaper to pay for Dr. visits, and random trips to the E.R, + meds out of pocket.