PDA

View Full Version : Contest diet recipes

TRESB
02-28-2009, 09:21 AM
This entire forum is great IMO.

However, lets hear some contest diet recipes!!

I think it will be interesting debate to see what some competitors think is contest food and what others would never dare touch during their contest prep.

I may be old school, but I will use some sweet n low or equal, some cinnamon and some herbs maybe some mustard here and there, but I have never used fat free dressings, spray butters, fat free sugar free syrups or jellies.

Maybe I am missing out but I could not imagine using all those things during my contest prep.

Then again I am completely fine with a plain foods, and have gotten to really like them that way over the years. Honestly I even eat them plain off season just taste better to me.

I think it will be interersting to hear some opinions here!!

pnohe
02-28-2009, 01:46 PM
this will be a GREAT thread. I have a female competitor whos husband is a chef and he has done AMAZING things within the confines that I put on her. I have asked him for a few of her favorite recipes and will post them when I get them. suffice it too say that she is eating some gooooood stuff (and is good enough to call and ask before he makes anything new).

TRESB
02-28-2009, 03:33 PM
this will be a GREAT thread. I have a female competitor whos husband is a chef and he has done AMAZING things within the confines that I put on her. I have asked him for a few of her favorite recipes and will post them when I get them. suffice it too say that she is eating some gooooood stuff (and is good enough to call and ask before he makes anything new).

This will give some people some good ideas.
Especially if someone got in phenomenal condition eating the way they outline here.
I dont like to try anything unless I have done it and had great success.
Hell I stay with sweet n low and equal cause i have used theme before and got in great shape. Splenda I am not all that confident till I try it with some success.

pnohe
03-02-2009, 10:56 AM
combine in food processor...

8 oz raw chicken breast cubed and trimmed
3 green onions
1 clove garlic chopped
1 egg white

chop till you can make 2 patties
foreman grill for about 9-12 minutes

brush each patty with a little reduced sodium soy sauce

lilGiant
03-02-2009, 11:45 AM
combine in food processor...

8 oz raw chicken breast cubed and trimmed
3 green onions
1 clove garlic chopped
1 egg white

chop till you can make 2 patties
foreman grill for about 9-12 minutes

brush each patty with a little reduced sodium soy sauce
Holy hell im doing this

pnohe
03-02-2009, 02:12 PM
trim the fat from 2 large chicken breasts and place in a pot
fill pot with enough water to cover chicken
empty 1 envelope of taco seasoning into the water
bring to boil

after boiling for about 15 minutes or till chicken is white throughout (cut to check), remove chicken and shred/ pull apart using 2 forks SAVE THE WATER!!

spray a frying pan with non stick spray and add chicken, 1/4 green peper diced & 1/4 small onion diced. use a bit of the left over "taco water" (1/4 cup) to keep it moist as you heat it over medium high heat

serve over a bed of raw spinach

BigJD69
03-02-2009, 03:54 PM
Gonna try that one pnohe.

VillainDog
03-07-2009, 10:55 PM
My Asian style marinade. I don't really use recipes so adjust to your taste. I marinade up to about 12 chicken breasts at once, works for steak as well.

Soy sauce, often reduced sodium
Fresh grated ginger root
Splenda
Thinly slivered onion
Thinly slivered celery
Drizzle of toasted sesame oil
Sesame seeds
Mix and add water till the strength is where you like it, not too salty, slightly sweet.

Add chicken, or beef let marinade over night or a few hours. Grill or broil.

VillainDog
03-07-2009, 10:59 PM
Most recent in a rush invention to stay on diet.

Canned chicken breast, broken up in a bowl.
Some of that cilantro herb past they sell in tubes.
Some Franks Red hot sauce.

Mix, micro, eat. I liked it anyway.